PDA

View Full Version : A.R.Rahman - Mani Rathnam - Ponniyin Selvan

baba88
9th March 2011, 04:21 PM
If some sources are to be believed there is a mother of all multi starrers in recent times is in on the cards. Some of the biggest names are said to be a part of this big one.

This ‘believe it-or-not’ story is spreading like wild fire lately. Vikram & Suriya are coming together along with Telugu Super Star Mahesh Babu for a film that will be directed by none other than Mani Ratnam.

The huge star cast is possible only in a Mani film and given the fact that Vikram & Suriya have already worked with Mani Ratnam the news could be true. More over Vikram and Suriya have already come together for Bala in the film ‘Pithamagan’.

And for the story, Mani Ratnam is said to treading on the familiar route. Mani Ratnam who usually transforms a historical or a mythological into a social story has taken the classic ‘Ponniyin Selvan’ this time according to sources. The most popular novel of modern Tamil literature is being adapted to contemporary times they say.
‘Raavanan’ is history now. Vandiyadevan, Arulmozhivarman and Kundavai are going to be the new idols

ajaybaskar
9th March 2011, 04:27 PM
Baba,

U could've waited for some more time..

SoftSword
9th March 2011, 05:05 PM
ennadhu... surya va? sjs?

ajaybaskar
9th March 2011, 05:06 PM
Thats an old article.

baba88
9th March 2011, 06:42 PM
Yeah i wanted to wait but i think this project is nearly confirmed. Even if its not going to be Ponniyin Selvan, Mani is about to start his next veture. I also dont understand why people get confused about the Music Director for this film. It's going to be ARR like it was the case for all Mani Rathnam films since 1992. I dont think ARR would reject a Mani Rathnam film to compose for a 150 Episode Tv serial with Gautham or a malayam movie.

baba88
12th March 2011, 03:44 PM
Anushka, the hottest heroine in south cinema circuit has signed up Mani Ratnam's period drama Ponniyin Selvan.

Sources close to the actor has confirmed the news, though there no official statement.

The signing of Anushka for Ponniyin Selvan has made it a red hot project.

The film also has an awesome male cast of Vijay, Mahesh Babu and Arya.

The film's technical crew is likely to be Santosh Sivan for camera, Sabu Cyril as art director and above all AR Rahman as music director.

The shoot of Ponniyin Selvan will start in October 2011, once Mani Ratnam completes all pre-production work of the film.

lancelot
13th March 2011, 09:29 AM
by actor Vijay... do you mean Vijay, Vijay?????

Ramakrishna
13th March 2011, 10:35 AM
by actor Vijay... do you mean Vijay, Vijay?????

yes, next super star Vijay

lancelot
13th March 2011, 12:07 PM
Vijay in a MR movie? Never thought of Viajy as a director's actor (which he will have to be if he is to act for MR). though it would be nice to see him in a good movie (only in my opinion) after a long time.

AudazJay
16th March 2011, 10:20 AM
Considering Vijay's preferences to mass films, it did come as a surprise to me that he has agreed to work with Maniratnam. Nevertheless, it would be exciting to see what Mani has in store with this huge venture :)

ajaybaskar
16th March 2011, 12:39 PM
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150608603960001&oid=119238248123056&comments

:smokesmirk:

ajaybaskar
16th March 2011, 12:41 PM
Over the past couple of months, it has been a never-ending news about Manirathnam’s upcoming movie ‘Ponniyin Selvan’ that is based on the novel with the same name authored by veteran writer Kalki. The bilingual movie starring Vijay, Arya and Mahesh Babu in lead roles will be made simultaneously in Tamil and Telugu.

There were lots of speculations that A.R. Rahman might not work with Manirathnam as he is occupied with more Hindi and international projects. Additionally there were some stories published in leading newspapers that Maestro Ilayaraja and Manirathnam will work together for this historical project.

But now it has been confirmed by the closer sources of Manirathnam that it will be A.R. Rahman working on this film. Since ‘Ponniyin Selvan’ is going to be an international project produced at a big cost, the producers have felt that ‘A.R. Rahman’ factor will help for the film’s success to a greater magnitude.

directhit
16th March 2011, 12:50 PM
:victory: :smokesmirk:

ajaybaskar
16th March 2011, 12:53 PM
Other confirmed projects.. Rana, Rockstar and Monkeys of Bollywood. No Kadhir, Peter Berg movies..

Parthyy
16th March 2011, 01:01 PM
He should say short bye to bollywood.....more preferance to tamil..........

Parthyy
16th March 2011, 01:02 PM
monkeys of bollywood enna......bolly or Holly?

ajaybaskar
16th March 2011, 01:07 PM
Dreamworks animation film to be directed by Gurinder Chadha.

shylu65
16th March 2011, 02:39 PM
Good that ARR himself confirmed this. But are the casts (Vijay, Arya and Mahesh Babu) of this film confirmed?

Mahen
16th March 2011, 03:34 PM
No KAdhir is interesting :rotfl:

SoftSword
16th March 2011, 03:45 PM
though this is not something i was anticipating for, feeling very happy for ARR to have agreed to this project...
can expect a very different album from the other different movies he is working on now.

Sunil_M88
16th March 2011, 07:51 PM
Glad to hear that thalaivar is back for a periodic flick :D

SoftSword
16th March 2011, 07:59 PM
thalaivar can associate with kadhir on some music video project... not a movie.

ajaybaskar
16th March 2011, 08:09 PM
I was telling our hubber Maddy sometime back.. Kadhir movies are very thrilling..

Bcoz hardly u could find 1 or 2 in the theatre..

SoftSword
16th March 2011, 08:17 PM
andha madhiri theatre kedakkaama oor oora sutthirundheenga'na ungalukku adhoda arumai theriyum....

dinesh2002
16th March 2011, 09:13 PM
Expecting another great album like IRUVAR..... just PURE Tamil essence from Mani Ratnam and A.R.Rahman.... after soooooooooooooooo many years .... extra excited....

baba88
16th March 2011, 11:49 PM
the only thing worrying me is that we will have to wait till 2013 to get to hear the songs

jaiganes
17th March 2011, 03:15 AM
Over the past couple of months, it has been a never-ending news about Manirathnam’s upcoming movie ‘Ponniyin Selvan’ that is based on the novel with the same name authored by veteran writer Kalki. The bilingual movie starring Vijay, Arya and Mahesh Babu in lead roles will be made simultaneously in Tamil and Telugu.

There were lots of speculations that A.R. Rahman might not work with Manirathnam as he is occupied with more Hindi and international projects. Additionally there were some stories published in leading newspapers that Maestro Ilayaraja and Manirathnam will work together for this historical project.

But now it has been confirmed by the closer sources of Manirathnam that it will be A.R. Rahman working on this film. Since ‘Ponniyin Selvan’ is going to be an international project produced at a big cost, the producers have felt that ‘A.R. Rahman’ factor will help for the film’s success to a greater magnitude.

Is this ARR's first historical in thamizh?

Sunil_M88
17th March 2011, 03:48 AM
Is this ARR's first historical in thamizh?

Yes :) I'm expecting an overwhelming dose of carnatic music here. Hope Mani sir doesn't deliver a modern adaptation here, because I was really looking forward to Raavan, thinking I will be treated with rich and lavish sounds from the Sub-continent. Anyhow, I was still happy with the outcome of Raavan but the only song still on my playlist is Thok de killi. Let's see what surprise is in store this time.

Sunil_M88
17th March 2011, 03:58 AM
Sorry I'd like to correct my self.

Rana is considered a Tamil historical film.

Scale
17th March 2011, 10:19 AM
Have no interest. Mani Sir, Please don't spoil your health and waste others time. I respect an immediate retirement.

Mahen
17th March 2011, 10:47 AM
Have no interest. Mani Sir, Please don't spoil your health and waste others time. I respect an immediate retirement.

Why Scale? RAvanan effectta?or because of the actors involved in this project? Mani-ku retirement age kedaiyathu :)

Mahen
17th March 2011, 10:50 AM
AB, is maddy excited abt this project? :)

baroque
17th March 2011, 11:16 AM
so... ARR confirmed in some interviews or chats etc...?
vinatha

ajaybaskar
17th March 2011, 11:22 AM
AB, is maddy excited abt this project? :)

As of now he is interested only in one project and the result of the same is awaited on April 16th. :wink:

Mahen
17th March 2011, 01:18 PM
rockstarrrrrrrr?

Scale
17th March 2011, 01:33 PM
marupadiyuma nra effect thaan.. This PS seams to be a ulagamaga mokkai ippave pakkam pakkama screenplay ezhuthittaangha ivar ezhutha enna irukku.

ajaybaskar
17th March 2011, 02:28 PM
rockstarrrrrrrr?

Adhu baby vandhadhukkappuramthaan theriyum.. :-)

Mahen
17th March 2011, 03:15 PM
oh maddy is gona be a daddy :) congrats maddy...from now on,make sure his wife listens to ARR's music 24/7..appothaan baby intelligent-ta varum :)

sathya_1979
17th March 2011, 05:10 PM
Mahen :clap: :notworthy:

sathya_1979
17th March 2011, 05:11 PM
en paiyyanukkum Hosanna and mannippAyA pOttudhaan valarkkarEn :lol:

SoftSword
17th March 2011, 05:26 PM
enna VTV CDya mixiela arachi sangula kudukkura madhiri solringa?

jaaze
18th March 2011, 01:49 AM
en paiyyanukkum Hosanna and mannippAyA pOttudhaan valarkkarEn :lol:
oh.. unga paiyyan thaana ithu :o
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/24138_109023772446507_100000166530844_230254_48447 88_n.jpg

baroque
18th March 2011, 02:38 AM
thanks for the Facebook - video.

vinatha.

baba88
18th March 2011, 02:47 AM
i thought this movie is a historical story set in our time ?! somehow like raavanan - ramayanam

baroque
18th March 2011, 02:54 AM
contemporary Mani only.

விஜய்க்கு ராஜா உடை போட்டு விடமாட்டாரு.
Don't worry.

Regarding music,

A.R.Rahman will be AMAZING whether Mani takes the movie with CONTEMPORARY touch as in Swades or Thalapathi or Ravanan
or
PERIOD movie set in the respective century like Lagaan or Jodha akbar or Bose.
BRING THE SONGS SONGS SONGS

Vinatha.