PDA

View Full Version : Suzhal Singam, Carrom King AshWIN

lawmani
5th April 2011, 11:11 AM
http://cricketnext.in.com/videos/56242/ashwin-ecstatic-being-part-of-dhonis-army.html

lawmani
6th April 2011, 10:32 AM
Q: "Were you disappointed you didn't play against Pak and SL?"

A: Where are they going to go? We'll play them again sometime.

Epic answer

littlemaster1982
6th April 2011, 10:42 AM
:lol: That was a good one.

Plum
6th April 2011, 10:48 AM
ada ennappA innum teamla establish AgavE illai. adhu kooda paravA illai - squadlEyE establish Agalai. ivarukkellAm oru threadA?

lawmani
6th April 2011, 11:00 AM
tamizhnadu quota

Kalyasi
6th April 2011, 11:01 AM
Bhajji ku apparom ivan thaane... oru thread open panni vekkalaam...

Plum
6th April 2011, 11:03 AM
When Bhajji goes off the scene, Ashwin will be past his prime. pudhusA yArAvadhu vandhiduvAnga appO.

hamid
6th April 2011, 11:03 AM
necessary Thread :thumbsup:

SoftSword
6th April 2011, 02:08 PM
en membership'a padhivu pannikkiren...

raajarasigan
6th April 2011, 02:52 PM
naanum naanum :redjump:

ajaybaskar
6th April 2011, 04:21 PM
Thundu poattu vakkuradhu nalladhu!!!

Riyazz
7th April 2011, 09:09 AM
:2thumbsup:

lawmani
26th April 2011, 02:54 AM
4-1-19-2 deserved MoM

littlemaster1982
26th April 2011, 10:10 AM
The choices for Man of the match have been bizzare in this tournament :?

ajaybaskar
26th April 2011, 11:17 AM
Since it was a pitch which assisted the bowlers, I guess they wouldve selected Hussey for anchoing the innings on difficult conditions.

Plum
26th April 2011, 11:20 AM
adhellAm sari but I have never seen the reverse logic - in a pitch full of runs a bowler going for runs(like Delhi-Punjab) 4-0-29-2 is Gold. apdi ellAm kudukkaRadhA theriyalaiyE

Also, it wasnt a difficult pitch to survive on. Just a pitch in which you needed to be a normal batsman as opposed to T20 basher. The bowlers still had to do a good job.

ajaybaskar
26th April 2011, 11:22 AM
Oru velai final'la kuduthukkalaamnu nenachuruppaanga.

Plum
26th April 2011, 11:27 AM
Final-la Dhonikku dhAnE aidheegam? :-)

SoftSword
26th April 2011, 03:45 PM
Final-la Dhonikku dhAnE aidheegam? :-)

:lol:
ungala ellaam vechukittu oru kolai kooda panna mudiyaadhu....

lawmani
27th April 2011, 03:01 AM
Ashwin seems to have a very high percentage of bowled dismissals! Can anyone get the actual statistics?

lawmani
30th May 2011, 10:09 PM
NDTV: About Chennai fans?
Ashwin: Chennai fans are knowledgeable and humorous

NDTV: About Mahi taking the back seat, staying behind in the photos etc.?
Ashwin: It's a sign of a good leader, I guess... it really doesn't matter; he stands behind the stumps as well

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/current/video_audio/517246.html

Sourav
1st June 2011, 03:54 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/news/2011/06/01/spinner-ashwin-fixed-aid0091.html

ajaybaskar
1st June 2011, 04:08 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/news/2011/06/01/spinner-ashwin-fixed-aid0091.html
One comment for this..
பொண்ணு பேரு என்ன 'பால திருப்புற சுந்தரியா'?

SoftSword
1st June 2011, 04:18 PM
One comment for this..
பொண்ணு பேரு என்ன 'பால திருப்புற சுந்தரியா'?

சுழல்வாய்மொழி

Dinesh84
13th November 2011, 01:27 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/2gua45k.jpg

:2thumbsup:

hamid
13th November 2011, 01:36 PM
VaazthukkaL Ashwin.. :cheer:

nee select aanatha vida periya vishayam Bhajjiya teama vittu thukka vachitiye :notworthy:.. Plummoda sernthu intha hubla pala per unaku kadamai pattu irukkom :lol:. nee vaazka. un kulam vaazka :cheer:

hamid
13th November 2011, 02:26 PM
From the link..

திருமணம் முடித்த கையோடு நாளை கொல்கத்தாவில் தொடங்கும் 2வது டெஸ்ட் போட்டியில் அஸ்வின் கலந்து கொள்கிறார். இதற்காக இன்று மாலையே அவர் கொல்கத்தாவுக்குக் கிளம்பிச் செல்கிறார் என்பது குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது.
paavamya.. ozunga testla concentertae panna sari... :|

Siv.S
13th November 2011, 03:50 PM
704 705 706

Siv.S
13th November 2011, 03:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5gxev4WZW4&feature=player_embedded

wizzy
13th November 2011, 06:59 PM
seems none of the former cricketers like weed were invited :mrgreen:

Dinesh84
13th November 2011, 09:07 PM
Dhoni wishes Ashwin in advance.. and inducts him to the 'elite' club :lol2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7mPds-FPIQ

venkkiram
14th November 2011, 09:08 AM
வாழ்த்துக்கள் அஷ்வின்!!

wizzy
26th June 2012, 10:39 AM
Venkat's extensive interview with Ashwin...more and more he is sounding like Weed in passing the buck for his misgivings..if it was lack of bite in Indian pitches in Oz it is failure of bats to put up 300+ and the drop catches even deems OZ tour a successful tour for him :sigh2:

smell the coffee..second season blues..limited success on Indian pitches in IPL :neutral:

From a cricketing perspective, Ashwin believes he's much richer for the demands of the international game. He says, “One thing I am happy with international cricket is that it hasn’t thrown me into the second season syndrome. It’s sometimes difficult to deal with the attention that has been given and you generally have no time to sleep over laurels. International cricket has definitely been kind in that aspect, in terms of keeping you on the toes all the time and I would say, rather than letting you cool your heals off and then get the battering.”

talks about OZ tour

WE THEN SIT down to carefully examine and dissect his performances in the Australia tour, where Ashwin picked 10 wickets in the three Test matches he played. He says, “It was basically a fantastic tour for me, personally. I’ve had some wonderful wickets in the series, had some wonderful duels with Hussey and Ponting (had them almost, both of them being dropped), and that’s all I can look for.” :confused2:

Tactically speaking, his preparation for this tour was interesting, given it was his first outing in that country, but as an astute cricket-watcher, Ashwin figured the tactical business of wicket-taking Down Under. He says, “My preparation going into this tour was beautiful because, I had my men on the fence for the against the spin shot. I thought hitting with the spin in Australia was much tougher and that was an assessment I made in the practice game and it worked beautifully. I had Ed Cowan out all the time, 3-4 times + practice game. Put long-on back, mid-off inside, chance - actually going against the spin, hitting the splice of the bat and wickets how you get there are very, very different, bat-pads or lbws are difficult to get.” Also, setting realistic goals was a clincher in many ways. “I went in with a realistic ambition of picking 15 wickets, and if things had gone my way, I would have had them,” he adds.
future captain :)

From an approach point of view, and considering the amount of flak he drew back home for what was termed defensive bowling - “round the wicket, middle and leg line”, a theory he doesn’t quite agree with, and busts it with well-articulated points.
“The Melbourne Test was perhaps one of the best bowling spells I’ve ever done. To bowl such a spell in the first innings and again, in the second innings (and Hussey was gone) I was still bowling well. Honestly, I think this round the wicket bit is *bollocks*. My coach and I continue to fight about this, but to me, common sense always takes over. At 300/1, if I had bowled over the stumps and attacked, they’d have probably declared by stumps, but that’s not what I am talking about. All I can do is what the team expects from me, they wanted me to shut stop the runs and there was hardly anything in the wicket, and the Kookaburra ball had gone very old,” he says.homage to Weed

“After Sydney, I did my own analysis on what I had done — how I was bowling, how the ball was coming out of my hand, how it’s dipping and how it’s falling. I didn’t bowl many full-tosses or short-balls, I really thought my comeback at Adelaide with the ball was good. If you’re going as a spinner, if you have runs on the board, in the fourth innings in Australia it doesn’t become easier, but you have a role to play. In Australia, Swann picked up 14 wickets in Adelaide, but with 7-8 wickets in one game. But the game was set up by his batsmen. If we had more than 300 runs to defend in the fourth innings in Australia, I’d have probably won us the Test matches. Every time Ponting and Clarke walked out to bat, they were ahead of the game. My rhythm in that tour was really good, and I picked up wickets in a practice game. We had 300 runs on the board and I’ll stop there,” says Ashwin. blame game

His summary of the Australia tour would be something like this, “It was the toughest acid test I’ve had — 3 Tests, 10 wickets and I am glad I passed it well. I knew my role — get a few runs lower down the order, bowl the way I did — patchy, one-side of the wicket bowler, boring and try and control of the game. I could have ended with 14 wickets. I’ve been very, very lucky when it comes to drops, I always get dropped and I am used to it now. I don’t have a go at the fielder because anyone can drop catches.”

philosophy :clap:

Whenever the team’s done well, people always hail the batsmen, happens more in India than anywhere else. But in reality, unless a bowler has done well, the batsmen can never be hailed. If a game is lost, a batsman’s hundred is still projected and that’s perhaps why a team’s success isn’t highly rated by every individual cricketer.” Also, he mentions a few non-negotiables in this regard. Ashwin says, “What the team requires, the bowler does. What a team requires is what a batsman will not do, but what the team requires, the bowler will do because he has no choice.”

“For me, wickets are non-negotiable. I don’t think I am a defensive bowler. For a bowler, and I have been told this by many coaches, you’re only as good as what your batsmen let you become. For a bowler, the other non-negotiable is that what you deliver is only what a batsman can play. That’s been a myth and I think it’s still a myth. It’s no longer the same and I don’t know if it was the same. If I bowl a short ball, it is being hit over a larger area than what it used to be,” he says

look at me :)

"When I was playing my age-group cricket, even as a batsman, I was excited by this wickets package (Hitz on ESPN). At least I had the inclination for seeing wickets, how bowlers were picking wickets. I still remember the great duels between Michael Atherton and Allan Donald or Shane Warne against the South Africans, and it’s sad that barring a few (Harbhajan vs Ponting), people in India haven’t quite witnessed duels of the highest calibre. I think watching wickets fall is more exciting than watching a boundary or a six being hit.”

Watching cricket, Ashwin says, could be critical to match preparation, on a more individual basis. An analyst, he reckons can only provide inputs, but a smart bowler will pick up the emerging trends himself. He says, “I know how exactly the best players of spin play, because I watch a lot of cricket. At Perth (during the CB series), I had the fine-leg so fine that Mahela got caught there. He didn’t expect I was coming.” Ashwin says that he’s both surprised and disappointed that not many Indian bowlers watch enough cricket.

I asked Ashwin about what he was specifically looking forward to come the new season. “I haven’t set any goals as such. I think over this IPL, my repertoire as a spinner has grown. I have many more wicket-taking deliveries than before and most of my wickets this time have fallen to this repertoire. In one of the matches, my favourite cricketer, Mahela Jayawardene didn’t pick my off-spinner and I had him bowled,” he says.

kavidhai

“In India, cricketers don’t improve. I mean they do, but in India...improvements become cricketers. Cricketers don’t actually look for improvement, but once they have been shunted out or thrown out, improvement then starts making them cricketers,

apparently lots of explosive stuff w.r.t to captains lacking the game sense in setting the fields/TN cricket/players playing through injury/Fletcher's plan of action have been sadly edited out.

http://cricket.yahoo.com/news/“in-india--cricketers-don’t-improve--improvements-become-cricketers”.html?page=all