PDA

View Full Version : Best voice acting

mirth
21st July 2011, 09:21 PM
I recently discovered a brilliant English radio comedy series (http://www.youtube.com/user/CaptainMartinCrieff) with excellent voicework by the regular cast as well as the guest actors. When I listen to the episodes, I can actually picture the scenario and the expressions on the characters' faces and their actions. This has made me realise how important the actual voicework in acting. No wonder the National Awards in acting are only given to the actors/actresses who dub for themselves which is great.

So among the current actors in TFM, who do you think does the best voicework? If you just listen to the audio of a scene (with a lot of dialogues) without the visuals (thus excluding body language, etc), who impresses you the most?

I find Kamalhassan to be excellent. Of the current leading actors, I find that Vikram uses his voice very well.
I do not like Santhanam's voicework very much. He sounds like the same character in his every movie with the same intonations and modulations and quite often he sounds monotonous to boot. So who are your favourites?

preethamm
22nd July 2011, 12:23 PM
Ajith:cool2:

Mahen
22nd July 2011, 01:01 PM
Adhi-Eeram :thumbsup:

Thirumaran
22nd July 2011, 01:38 PM
Comedy panrathunnu aagi poachchu.. Let me also Join..
Tamannaa :thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
22nd July 2011, 02:38 PM
Jayam Ravi

Plum
22nd July 2011, 02:43 PM
Ok, me on SMI's behalf: aNNan.
Watch out how he shouts "andha Adu mEikkiRa poNnu unakku marumavaLA vara PovudhAm" and when rebuked by Manorama for shouting, reduces to whisper "andha Adu mEikkiRa poNnu unakku marumavaLA vara PovudhAm"

Cinemarasigan
22nd July 2011, 02:43 PM
Jayam Ravi

normally his voice is OK. adhuvum deepavali - nu oru padatthula 2000 times "susee" -nu solli veruppetthuvAr.. :lol: . NOM.

Cinemarasigan
22nd July 2011, 02:45 PM
Madhavan...

raajarasigan
22nd July 2011, 02:46 PM
along with Annan, I would vote Mammotty

and also Jithan Ramesh

venkkiram
22nd July 2011, 09:08 PM
கமல், ரஜினி, விக்ரம், மாதவன், ராஜ்கிரண், ராதிகா, சுஜாதா, ரகுவரன், பார்த்தீபன்..

** சரத் பாபு, கிட்டி, தலைவாசல் விஜய் - இந்த மூவரின் குரல்களையும் என்றைக்கும் கேட்டுக்கொண்டே இருக்கலாம்.

AravindMano
22nd July 2011, 09:27 PM
//venkkiram - who is in profile pic? Asking for General Knowledge.//

venkkiram
22nd July 2011, 09:47 PM
அரவிந்த்,

அவர் நமது குற்றாலீஸ்வரன்.. பி.டி.உஷாவை தொடர்ந்து இவரது சாதனைகளும் கொஞ்ச நாளைக்கு முன்பு நினைவில் வந்து போனது. எதோ நம்மால் முடிந்த ஒரு பாராட்டு, வெகுமதி, அங்கீகாரம்.

AravindMano
22nd July 2011, 10:36 PM
ஓ! ஓகே! சினிமா ஹீரோ மாதிரி இருக்கார். நடிக்க வந்தாலும் ஆச்சரியமில்ல.

venkkiram
22nd July 2011, 10:40 PM
I read somewhere he works at Intel Sacramento.

app_engine
22nd July 2011, 11:51 PM
The simmakkuralOn & dharumi interactions is the bench mark for voice acting :-)

dharumi's "nAn, nAnE thAn ezhudhinEn" :lol:

Unforgettable!

HonestRaj
23rd July 2011, 12:08 AM
best ellam thread title irukka koodadhu.. appuram sandai varum..
ur fav'nu vechukkalam