PDA

View Full Version : Kanjana

pavalamani pragasam
30th July 2011, 11:35 PM
Viewed 'Kanjana' in theatre today. Any reviews already posted?
I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. The 1st half of this ghost story is a family entertainer(it was a near-full house show with many accompanied by all the children). The 2nd half deals with the sensitive, serious, heavy subject of transgenders without smacking of documentary. Thought-provoking. All the artistes have done justice to their roles- Kovai sarala, Devadharshini, Lawrence, Sreeman, Sarath Kumar and the rest. Special mention must be made about the lyrics and music of the songs. The rhythm was so catchy- whatever be the genre of the song, many there are- the considerable crowd of youth in the audience whistled with perfect timing along the songs!!!
I relished the nemesis in the movie!

varunlss12
31st July 2011, 12:01 PM
Seen the movie last night. nice entertainer,better than first part.first half of the movie was good entertainment second half little bit lags but manages to maintain the tempo. sarath's performance super. He tried hard to do very well and did it too... Big plus r Kovai sarala n devadarshini.

Already paartha padathoda scenes recreate pannirukaaru irundhalum rasikkum padi present pannitaar...

pavalamani pragasam
31st July 2011, 03:13 PM
This is called Muni-2. I didn't see Muni-1. It is also said we may expect Muni-3!

interz
31st July 2011, 08:24 PM
Kanchana Sirappu Nighazhchi on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSnrGmBigow (part 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69L1rCoDgPQ (part 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yEJEQQ3Zcw (part 3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttaB628u3WM (part 4)

Enjoy

varunlss12
1st August 2011, 01:24 PM
This is called Muni-2. I didn't see Muni-1. It is also said we may expect Muni-3!

Expect pannalam but konjam scene sequence ellam maathina nalla irukum part-1 irundha niraya scenes idhuka apdiye irukku....

hattori_hanzo
1st August 2011, 02:31 PM
http://www.sify.com/movies/lawrence-s-kanchana-strikes-gold-news-tamil-libkKThadff.html

Lawrence's Kanchana strikes gold

Sri Thenandal Films Ramanarayanan and writer-director Raghava Lawrence's Kanchana is turning out to be a blockbuster.

The film a mass masala horror comedy is a super hit in A, B & C centres across Tamil Nadu. Its Telugu version is an even bigger hit.

Kanchana is a runaway hit because of Lawrence's packaging and script which has all commercial ingredients like comedy, action, glamour, horror and mass effects in the climax.

He has pandered to the taste of mass audiences. Lawrence's all round performance along with his lead actors mainly Sharat Kumar as a transgender, rip-roaring comedy track of Seeman, Kovai Sarala and Devadarsini and glamour of Lakshmi Rai clicked with audiences.

Kanchana released in TN on July 22, a week after its Telugu dubbing hit the screens. The opening was just ok, but word of mouth that it is 'a good comedy entertainer' caught on like fire and from the third day it picked up.

The producers increased the number of screens and in its second week, Kanchana was being screened in 255 screens across TN. It carries an 'A' certificate, but according to theatre statistics, 40 % of the audiences from second week were women.

Kanchana is 2011’s biggest hit in Tamil Nadu based on ROI (return on investment). The film was made for Rs 7 Crore, plus Rs 1.50 Cr for P & P (print and publicity), costing Rs 8.5 Cr on day of release. The Telugu dubbing was sold to Bellamkonde Suresh for Rs 4 Cr. From Tamil Nadu theatricals the film is expected to get share of Rs 15 to Rs 20 Crore!

In NSC area taken on MG by a Mumbai based distributor for Rs 1.75 Cr, the film got a share of Rs 1.95 in 10 days! The film in the long run will do around Rs 4 to Rs 5 Cr in this area, as second week
collections are better than first week!

Ramanarayanan is going to make a killing from Kanchana, as the Tamil television and DVD rights are still with him. The Hindi remakes rights belong to him and Lawrence. Already two big Khan’s are fighting for
the rights! :shock:

rifath
2nd August 2011, 07:02 PM
i love this movie.super padam shud be a big hit.its got alot of entertainment and scary too

dell_gt
5th August 2011, 06:04 AM
movie really nice entertainer, Sarat Kumar as Kanchana, superb.... comedy through out the movie...

gurusaravanan
5th August 2011, 11:37 PM
good entertainer.....oru thadava pakalam

Thirumaran
6th August 2011, 10:59 AM
Big plus r Kovai sarala n devadarshini.

Yeah.. Mainly kovai sarala.. :thumbsup: Last week saw 70% of the movie in dvd.. except for the Raghava lawrence kaenathanam most of the movie was enjoyable.. kandippaa one time paarkalaam..

NOV
7th August 2011, 09:36 AM
watched yesterday... in a packed cinema hall :shock:

first 15 mins was a waste - heroism fight and motivational song sequences...
after that it picks up... amazing performance by kOvai sarala. everytime she appears, we roar with laughter - sense of comic timing is excellent. cant remember laughing (and choking) so much in recent times.
songs appear as speedbreakers, as always. but later we look forward to the songs, which allows our hearts to beat normally again.
all the cliches are there (why do all the women who wake up in the middle of the night do not switch on the lights) but fear works again and again. :lol: we laugh to contain the scariness.
Excellent BGM :skull:

the movie slows down when Kanchana's real life story is told... leading to predicatable end.

Kanchana is not not a sequel, it is just a remake of Muni with different villains and victims.

Definitely watchable....!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gn9CabMGsus/Thl13LTwvTI/AAAAAAAABAQ/IvWVDcMhhOs/s1600/download-latest-kanchana-tamil-mp3-songs-free.jpg

Mahen
7th August 2011, 12:02 PM
Nov, garuda pakaliya? :)

NOV
7th August 2011, 03:14 PM
oru appalam pOdhum saami :p

vithagan
7th August 2011, 06:46 PM
Big plus r Kovai sarala n devadarshini.

+1

Time pass.. not for horror but for comedy.

pavalamani pragasam
7th August 2011, 08:23 PM
Kovai sarala's insisting to see the 'blood test' tickled me to no end!!! Her translating the priest's instruction to 'lay' people's language is hilarious!

cinema
8th August 2011, 10:32 PM
Good one. I was taken by surprise. No one has tried comedy in horror movies and it worked out really well.

hattori_hanzo
11th August 2011, 09:36 AM
Good one. I was taken by surprise. No one has tried comedy in horror movies and it worked out really well.

The only other comedy+horror movie that comes to my mind is Chandramukhi.

hattori_hanzo
11th August 2011, 09:38 AM
http://www.sify.com/movies/boxoffice.php?id=14976536&cid=13525926

In its third week, Kanchana - Muni 2 is going from strength to strength. Though multiplexes initially played it down as a down market film, collections were so good that they increased the number of shows and gave it bigger screens!
Kanchana holds on to the number one spot. At number two is the steady Deivathirumagal, which continues to attract family audiences in large numbers.
In third place is Rise of the Planet of the Apes, which opened well even though major national multiplexes like Inox, Fame and PVR did not screen the film.
At number four is Potta Potti, which took an average opening. And in fifth position is Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, which continues to rock the 'plexes.

ajaybaskar
11th August 2011, 11:23 AM
Watched it.. Liked it.. Leave ur brain at home to enjoy the thrill ride..

srimal
11th August 2011, 07:40 PM
not the best... but still enjoyable...

some of the twists were nice... kovai sarala was hilarious.... the pei tests (50%, 75% and 100%) were good... there is no overload of graphics and its decent enough to watch with family... but ivlo songs thevaiya ??

srimal
11th August 2011, 07:42 PM
//why do all the women who wake up in the middle of the night do not switch on the lights///

naanum adhaan yosichaen :D

varunlss12
12th August 2011, 12:21 AM
//why do all the women who wake up in the middle of the night do not switch on the lights///

naanum adhaan yosichaen :D

Idhellam endha horror movie'layum expect panna kudadhu... Enjoy panninigala ellaya?

RATHEESHAJITH
14th August 2011, 05:21 PM
25 th day, still going strong in tamil nadu & kerala also.

interz
15th August 2011, 01:31 AM
I'd says Kanjana is the biggest surprise at box office this year so far. Didn't expect it to be a hit, after the failure of Muni 1.

I also thought Harry Potter would be box office number 1 for many weeks in tamil nadu, after the release, good to see people supporting tamil movies and make it profitable to make people produce more movies in future.

varunlss12
15th August 2011, 02:32 AM
inertZ muni 1 flop ah? It may b avg grosser Atleat right?

HonestRaj
15th August 2011, 08:34 AM
muni 1 is a profitable / hit.. thats the reason they had the name Muni 2...
i don't think anyone will have a sequel for a flop film

ajaybaskar
16th August 2011, 12:41 PM
Muni was not a flop. In fact, its ROI gave Raghava the courage to make Muni 2.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
16th August 2011, 12:47 PM
(நல்லாத்தேன் இருக்கு, குறிப்பா சரளா கலக்குறாங்க) எனக்கேள்விப்பட்டேன்!

பெருசா சொந்த சரக்கெல்லாம் இல்லாட்டியும் எந்த ஆலிவுட் படத்தையும் காப்பி அடிக்காம எடுப்பதால் லாரன்சையும் கொஞ்சம் பாராட்டி வைக்கலாம்..

interz
16th August 2011, 02:31 PM
ok, i understood it. ..

but who/what is ROI?

ajaybaskar
16th August 2011, 02:39 PM
Return on investment.

Plum
16th August 2011, 04:27 PM
ajaybhaskar, RAtchaganukku mooLaiya veettula kazhatti vechutto pOnIngaLA? eduthukkittu pOnIngaLA? 17 muRaila eththanai kazhatti, eththanai kazhattAma?

(Note: Gratutious reference to Ajay-Ratchagan-17Times quota for August utilised)

sathya_1979
16th August 2011, 04:32 PM
ajaybhaskar 17 muRaila eththanai kazhatti, eththanai kazhattAma?
:rotfl: :lol: :rotfl3:

ajaybaskar
16th August 2011, 04:34 PM
Plummerae,

Ratchaganukkelaam only ears working.. Eyes, brain ellam chummanachumthaan..

sathya_1979
16th August 2011, 04:36 PM
When your ears are working, the brain is also working (Implicit Condition). Invalid Scenario

Plum
16th August 2011, 04:38 PM
sathya, pAvam vutturunga. avar 17 muRai pArthadhE avar vAzhkkaila periya kodumai. adhai ingE solli mAttikittadhu adhai vida kodumai. adhai nammaLum(nAnum) vidAma mAsA mAsam gnAbaga paduththaRadhu miga periya kodumai. idhukku mEla paduththinA, ajay mersal aayiduvar

ajaybaskar
16th August 2011, 04:40 PM
Nevaire.. I always take that as a credit. If ever I get a chance to meet ARR, I will tell him this too.. He will never ever forget me then..

SoftSword
16th August 2011, 04:40 PM
When your ears are working, the brain is also working (Implicit Condition). Invalid Scenario

not necessarily...
the ears may work and the associated nerves will pass signals... but the brain may have been dead/inactive and not able to read/decipher the signals...

Mahen
16th August 2011, 04:42 PM
i think ajay likes the scene where nagarjun's veins will go upto his neck :lol: athan 17 times..veetule try pannaram kelvi patten

ajaybaskar
Softy,

Neer veeranya.. :clap:
BTW, Come to Rockstar thread..

SoftSword
Nevaire.. I always take that as a credit. If ever I get a chance to meet ARR, I will tell him this too.. He will never ever forget me then..

ARR to AB: nee paravaala... naan 20 murai paartthaen... vaa pogalaam... (singing 'mera ran de basanti.......' - from the legend of bhagat singh)

sathya_1979
16th August 2011, 04:43 PM
not necessarily...
the ears may work and the associated nerves will pass signals... but the brain may have been dead/inactive and not able to read/decipher the signals...
You mean like Coma Stage?

ajaybaskar
16th August 2011, 04:47 PM
Sruthi rip of Kanchana is out..

SoftSword
16th August 2011, 04:48 PM
something like that.

sathya_1979
16th August 2011, 04:48 PM
AB 17 times in Coma :shock: :scary:

Cinemarasigan
16th August 2011, 04:57 PM
Sruthi rip of Kanchana is out..

Naan Adhai already download panni Patthutten.. Print -um OK, Padamum OK OK... Kovai sarala & Deva Darshini varum scenes are good... Indha Raghava Lawrence - ellAm dance master-aave irudhuttu pOlam.. avarum kashta pattu, nammaLayum kashta padutthi...

Cinemarasigan
16th August 2011, 04:58 PM
AB 17 times in Coma :shock: :scary:

endha AB-ya solreenga Satya?..

ajaybaskar
16th August 2011, 04:59 PM
Even his dance skills are not very impressive. More of repetition in steps.

sathya_1979
16th August 2011, 05:00 PM
Lawrence? nallaathaanE aaduvaapla?

ajaybaskar
16th August 2011, 05:03 PM
Dance master'ah irundhuttu nalla aadalainna eppadi? But few other masters are more promising than Raghava.

HonestRaj
16th August 2011, 10:13 PM
lawrence repeatedly does one snake step.. u can see that in Thirumalai - thaam thakka song.. pullanguzhal vechu vaasikkira madhiri..
telugu superstar siranjeevi aaduvaru oru step.. light'ah nenja thalli thalli vittuttu :rotfl2: :rotfl2: .. possibly by Lawrence

ajaybaskar
17th August 2011, 11:11 AM
Honest,

Lawrence was the choreo for that Chiru song too..