View Full Version : First song impressions

4th August 2011, 08:07 PM
அது nov அண்ணனுடனான முகநூல் உரையாடலில் ஒரு flowவில் விழுந்த வரி.. அவரின் கடந்த கால சாதனைகளை பற்றி எனக்கு எந்த மாற்றுக்கருத்துமில்லை. நான் முதல் முதலில் ரசித்த(??) சினிமாப்பாடல் 'வைகைக்கரை காற்றே நில்லு' என்று என் அம்மா சொல்ல கேள்விப்பட்டிருக்கிறேன். :-D

idhu nalla topic'a irukkae....
naan chinnadhaa oru digg pannikkiraen...
thonrappo sollidanum... thaniyaa vaera enga idhapathi pesaradhu?

i remember, the first song i remember liking and singing was 'vaangadaa vaanga en vandikkupinnaala'
before this i remember 'malarndhu malaraadha...' but by then, i was believing that it was my moms own song and not from cinema :)
but the first song which impressed me but everytime when i try to sing i was not able to get the tune right, which was 'chinna chinna aasai'... i only ended up singing in 'konji konji pesi madhimayakkum' tune...

joe, how was my rasanai in chinna vayasu?
thappaalaam nenachukka maten, opena sollunga... :)

4th August 2011, 09:51 PM
SS,

Idhai oru thani thread-laiye discuss pannalam. Good topic :thumbsup: NOV will do the honors by moving the corresponding posts there :mrgreen:

8th August 2011, 11:40 PM
சுவையான நினைவுகளை அசைபோட ஒரு திரி. நன்றி!

நான் ரசித்த முதல் பாடலாக என் அம்மாவும் அக்காக்களும் சொன்னது, இமயம் படத்தில் வரும் "கண்ணிலே குடியிருந்து.." என்ற டி.எம்.எஸ் பாடலாம். அதுவும் ஒவ்வொரு பல்லவி முடியும் போதும் பாடப்படுகின்ற "நான்னன்னா தனக்கு தந்தன்.." என்ற மழலை வரிகளுக்கு நானும் சேர்ந்து பாடுவேணாம்.

காட்சிகள் என வரும்போது இன்னும் நினைவில் இருப்பது பூந்தளிர் படத்தில் சிறுவன்(சிறுமி? ஜெண்டர் மறந்து விட்டது!) தொலைந்து போக, பெற்றோர்கள் கவலையுடனும், பரிதவிப்புடனும் தேடிக்கொண்டே இருப்பது, இரவுப் பொழுதில் புகைவண்டி வேகமாக வர அந்த சிறுவன்(சிறுமி) தண்டவாளத்திற்கு நடுவே படுத்து, உயிர் தப்புவது. நேரம் கிடைத்தால் முழு படத்தையும் பார்த்து ரசிக்கணும்.

rajeshkrv
8th August 2011, 11:56 PM
the first song i heard as kid was "Guruvayoorukku Vaarungal " and that was the main reason to be inclined towards PS. In theatre i remember Alibabavum 40 thirudargalum azhagana ponnu naan and the last Drum uruttal scene. I watched with my Grandmother in the famous Vijayalakshmi theatre in our Madurai area.

9th August 2011, 03:11 PM
thanks mods for being so generous to redirect my diggs into a seperate thread... :)

when coming to the songs which i used to sing/link when i was a kid... there are a lot more than what i have mentioned above, but i could not fit it in the time graph... due to my much exhaggerated and underestimated memory problems i am not able to remember which one i liked earlier... :(

we can also write the first movie we remember watching in theatre and tv...
similarly first hero we liked, first movie which made an impact...

9th August 2011, 03:15 PM
My first favorite, which I memorized - Pazhamudhir Cholai from Varusham 16

19thmay
9th August 2011, 03:20 PM
I think its Raja Rajathi Rajan - Agni Natchathiram.

I was crazy about that song, Oliyum Oliyum-la andha paatu varaadha-nu yengina kaalam undu!

9th August 2011, 04:52 PM
My first favorite, which I memorized - Pazhamudhir Cholai from Varusham 16

intha kathaiyellam vida koodathu......... this is not about the first favorite after you have developed musical sense..it is about your first favorite when you were still a baby :)

My first favorite - Kanne kalaimaane........ intha paatu podunga podunga nu solli tape eh naasama pocham.......

9th August 2011, 05:00 PM
We didnt have on-demand music during my infancy. I believe my first preference was a song from an obscure Hindi movie called Arzoo(i yAm New Delhi born you know; Any replies with "seruppu pinjirum you know" are rejected) through the morning ads in Radio. It is so obscure that I am not inclined to search after it and hanker in nostalgia now.

I really dont remember much until Johnny.

9th August 2011, 05:11 PM
Nenaivu therayadha naatkalil @ age of 2 months: Ponmeni urugudhey from Moonram pirai
Nenaivu therinju munu munutha first song @ age of 3 yrs: Seer kondu vaa ven megame from Naan paadum paadal
First Song that i searched and wanted to listen @ age of 8 yrs: Mannil indha kaadhal from Keladi Kanmani
First international music & music album @ age of 8 yrs: Dangerous by Michael Jackson
First Song that made me search for MD's name, setting off search for music as a whole @ age of 10 yrs: Chinna chinna aasai from Roja
First BGM realisation @ age of 10 yrs: Wasim khan capture scene in Roja
First Instrumental/Theme music : Bombay theme music
First time with WCM @ 1996: Beethoven symphony
First sight of rock @1998: Zombie by Cranberries
Rediscovering musical taste @ 2006: Rang de Basanti
Rediscovering IR @ 2004: Ninnukori varnam from Agni Natchithram and Sing Swing from Moodu pani(in 2008)
Looking beyond IR and ARR @ 2009 : DevD by Amit.T

9th August 2011, 05:19 PM
1.First Song that made me search for MD's name, setting off search for music as a whole @ age of 10 yrs: Chinna chinna aasai from Roja
2.First BGM realisation @ age of 10 yrs: Wasim khan capture scene in Roja
3.First Instrumental/Theme music : Bombay theme music
4.Rediscovering IR @ 2004: Ninnukori varnam from Agni Natchithram and Sing Swing from Moodu pani(in 2008)

we match in 1 and 2.
for me 3. ton'ta ton'ta ton'ta toin... ton'ta toin...
4. engey sellum indha paadhai...

9th August 2011, 05:22 PM
Nenaivu therayadha naatkalil @ age of 2 months: Ponmeni urugudhey from Moonram pirai
Nenaivu therinju munu munutha first song @ age of 3 yrs: Seer kondu vaa ven megame from Naan paadum paadal
First Song that i searched and wanted to listen @ age of 8 yrs: Mannil indha kaadhal from Keladi Kanmani
First international music & music album @ age of 8 yrs: Dangerous by Michael Jackson
First Song that made me search for MD's name, setting off search for music as a whole @ age of 10 yrs: Chinna chinna aasai from Roja
First BGM realisation @ age of 10 yrs: Wasim khan capture scene in Roja
First Instrumental/Theme music : Bombay theme music
First time with WCM @ 1996: Beethoven symphony
First sight of rock @1998: Zombie by Cranberries
Rediscovering musical taste @ 2006: Rang de Basanti
Rediscovering IR @ 2004: Ninnukori varnam from Agni Natchithram and Sing Swing from Moodu pani(in 2008)
Looking beyond IR and ARR @ 2009 : DevD by Amit.T

katturai ezhudhunnu sonnA vAzhkai varalARE ezhudhi irukka :)

9th August 2011, 05:26 PM
i dont remember my first song..my parents have said it is Raja kaiyya vecha from aboorva bros
enakku nenavu therinji it is rakkama kaiya thattu from thalapathy..rukkumani from roja
enakku fulla pada therinja first song--Oruvan oruvan from Muthu....
singers,other than SPB peru first notice pannadhu was with Jeans..Unnikirshnan ellam by name and voice recognize pannen..
first time BGM semmaya irukku thoninadhu was Indian BGM..
i have always liked IR songs at my childhood days without knowing his name..and Deva songskum AR songskum confuse agum...ivar dhan music pottarunu confirma therinjadhu was in 2003..
IR revisits happened in 2009 and continuing till now..adhuku munnadiyellam kanna pinnanu thitradhu...
then the gen next..one person's music which i could relate to is Yuvan with his youthful albums..
idhula pathingana i yam fully Tamizh cinema music fan..appo appo hindi and telugu but 95% have listened only to Tamizh film music..velakaranunga theriyadhu..musicna IR,AR,dancena Prabhu deva,actingna Rajni,Kamal...mathapadi ennakku velakaranunga savagasam avvolo illa :D

9th August 2011, 05:29 PM
எனக்கு நினைவு தெரிஞ்சி நான் முணுமுணுத்த பாடல் "விக்ரம் விக்ரம்", வனிதாவனி வனமோகினி..

இந்த இழை மூலமா நிறைய ஹுப்பெர்களோட வயசை தெரிஞ்சிக்கலாம் போல இருக்கே.. :)

9th August 2011, 05:30 PM
katturai ezhudhunnu sonnA vAzhkai varalARE ezhudhi irukka :)

Singara velan: Jaishankar: kalai-nnu vandhutta
annan GM: kola kooda pannalaam-ngla??

9th August 2011, 06:17 PM
IR revisits happened in 2009 and continuing till now..adhuku munnadiyellam kanna pinnanu thitradhu...

As per my mom, first song I liked: Pillai Nila from Neengal Kettavai.
As far as my memory goes: Senthaazham Poovil (Mullum Malarum), which remains my most favorite song till now.

19thmay
9th August 2011, 06:18 PM
My first hindi song

Mile Sur Mera Tumhara

9th August 2011, 06:25 PM
my first song: aadi adangum vaazhkkaiyadaa, aaradi nilamE sondhamadaa :cry2:

9th August 2011, 06:26 PM
My first hindi song

Mile Sur Mera Tumhara

Same here. Particularly I like the bit when they show someone playing Piano (but it doesn't sound like one).

9th August 2011, 06:34 PM
Mile Sur Mera Tumhara - my most memorable moment? The boatman in Kerala. I'll tell you why.

It was the second time DD had put together a montage video - the earlier one featuring sportsmen only - and after the first few viewings, a favourite game was to spurt out celebrities' names as they appeared. A cousin of mine was ultra-enthusiastic and topped off names one by one...
Balamuralikrishna!
Kamal hassan!
Revathy!

And so we reached the Kerala elephant and the shirtless boatman.
Our man was non-plussed for a moment but recovered in a split second, putting to good use his regular perusal of sports page in The Hindu coming to his aid: Kerala, he must have thought, and an athlete perhaps? Out he splurted...
...PT Ushaaaa!

At 43, he is still teased on the gaffe!

9th August 2011, 06:34 PM
My first hindi song

Mile Sur Mera Tumharagood old Doordarshan days... very recently (guess last week wednesday), I watched this song after a loooooooooooong time in DD National... oh man.. they are still playing this song.. Kamal looked very very smart :) (MMKR madan ishtyle)..

9th August 2011, 06:42 PM
டேப் ரிக்கார்டரில் சலங்கை ஒலி பாட்டு போட்டால் அமைதியாகி விடுவேனாம், எப்போது அந்தப்பாடல்கள் தான் முணுமுணுப்பேனாம்!

டிவியில் அந்திமழை பொழிகிறது!

டியூன் நினைவில் நின்றது ஆனால் படமோ பாடல் வரியோ பின்னாளில் பறந்துவிட்டது! பிறகு ஒரு நாள் வீட்டில் அனைவரும் டிவி முன் உட்கார்ந்திருந்த நேரம் பார்த்து கேட்டேன் " அந்த பாட்டு, ரெண்டு பேர் நீச்சல் ட்ரெஸ்சில் வருவார்களே, அது என்ன படம்?"

அக்னி நட்சத்திரம் "நின்னுக்கோரி" பாடல் கேசட்டில் கேட்டபோது இந்த ஃபாஸ்ட் பீட்ஸ் வரும் இடத்தில் (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wlNZ-dlMoAw&t=1m23s) என் அண்ணன் சொன்னான், "இதெல்லாம் இளையராஜா வாசித்தது, சூப்பரா இருக்குல்ல!" நானும் "இளையராஜாவே" வாசித்தார் என்று எண்ணிக்கொண்டேன். டிவியில் பாட்டு வந்தபோது ராஜாவை காணாமல் அடம் பிடித்தேன்!

19thmay
9th August 2011, 06:42 PM
I forgot the video but I vaguely remember Balamuralikrishna, P.T.Usha and in the end evereyone get down from the train in slow motion.

9th August 2011, 06:43 PM
...PT Ushaaaa!

Any fans of Jungle jungle baat chali hai pata chala hai? VB dhaanE meesic?!

9th August 2011, 06:50 PM
இந்த இழை மூலமா நிறைய ஹுப்பெர்களோட வயசை தெரிஞ்சிக்கலாம் போல இருக்கே..:)

Adheppadi mudiyum? Sathya is saying that his first fav song is from Varusham 16. Does that mean he is 23-24 yrs old?

9th August 2011, 06:51 PM
19th - adhu PT Usha illai(unless she came in some other segment) - it was a shirtless boatMAN - that was the joke :)

9th August 2011, 06:53 PM
Little mozart went to a concert at age of 4 and after returning home, remembered the whole song and played the whole piece on piano!

9th August 2011, 06:55 PM
இந்த இழை மூலமா நிறைய ஹுப்பெர்களோட வயசை தெரிஞ்சிக்கலாம் போல இருக்கே..
தெரிஞ்சுகிட்டு என்ன பண்ண?!? பாதிப்பேர் மொட்டப்பசங்க! மீதிப்பேர் செட்டிலான சம்சாரிகள்!

9th August 2011, 07:22 PM
19th - adhu PT Usha illai(unless she came in some other segment) - it was a shirtless boatMAN - that was the joke :)

that was A joke.

9th August 2011, 07:30 PM

last week, we housemates were having a session about old DD and youtubed all of those old videos...
1. mile sur mera tumhara... - this has a new version now rite..
2. maavu araikkum video when telecast starts in eve... taan... ta-taa ta-taa taan... ta-ta-ta-ta-taan... taan..ta-ta-ta-ta-tun....
3. ek chidiyaa
4. jungle jungle baat chali hai
5. vicco turmeric... nahi cosmetic...
6. pyaar hua ikraar huaa...
7. surabi
8. leo coffee, titan, lyric, lifebuoy, kalimark, goldspot, etc.,

how great those days were until 'neengal paartthu kondiruppadhu... sun tv''yin thamizh maalai' started at 6pm.

9th August 2011, 07:37 PM

I think it's the same old version.

9th August 2011, 07:39 PM

Title song of Jungle Book? Count me in :)

9th August 2011, 07:46 PM
I think it's the same old version.

then which is the song where we see rahman with his continuum in the begining...?

GSV
9th August 2011, 07:59 PM
last week, we housemates were having a session about old DD and youtubed all of those old videos...
2. maavu araikkum video when telecast starts in eve... taan... ta-taa ta-taa taan... ta-ta-ta-ta-taan... taan..ta-ta-ta-ta-tun....
3. ek chidiyaa
7. surabi

how great those days were until 'neengal paartthu kondiruppadhu... sun tv''yin thamizh maalai' started at 6pm.
plus
dairy milk ad with a girl dance.. please post if someone have this ad video...

9th August 2011, 08:05 PM
then which is the song where we see rahman with his continuum in the begining...?

That's a different one I think :?

9th August 2011, 08:12 PM
epdi master ungalaala ipdi konjam kooda poruppae illaama oru badhil solla mudiyudhu?

9th August 2011, 08:14 PM
I don't remember that track at all :oops: Enna pandradhu :|

vithagan
9th August 2011, 08:18 PM
plus
dairy milk ad with a girl dance.. please post if someone have this ad video...

Here you go :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXYK-KivZWg

9th August 2011, 10:24 PM
Adheppadi mudiyum? Sathya is saying that his first fav song is from Varusham 16. Does that mean he is 23-24 yrs old?Ajay, just a guess... approximate'a therinjikkalam..

9th August 2011, 10:31 PM
3. ek chidiyaa
7. surabi

how great those days were until 'neengal paartthu kondiruppadhu... sun tv''yin thamizh maalai' started at 6pm.when I was onsite, I used to watch and download this often..

add Hamara Bajaj, Asian Paints (ARR's jingle in MV's voice மண் பார்த்து பொங்கியது பொங்கல், வண்ண நிறம் பார்த்து பொங்கியது மனசு :ananda kanner:), neroloc (உள்ளத்தின் எழில் வண்ணம் பொங்கிடவே), அருண் icecream...

last but NOT the least, DD's early morning sunrise music... :) we can create a separate thread for this..

9th August 2011, 11:21 PM
enakku enna paatunnu sariya nyabagam illai.. because we don't have a tape recorder / player to check the old audio casettes.. only a old National radio my mom used to listen songs morning around 9 am & evening around 5:30 pm.. enna station'u kooda nyabagam illai (trichy, i guess & not ceylon) ..
(we had a Beltek tv from 1987-88) I remember "mile sure mera thumhara".. & i used to figure out known personalities.. I could identify Kamal, Suhasini, balamurali krishna, a cricketer (kapil / gavaskar)

apart from TV , i remember listening to songs at "pakkathu veettu" annA's house.. so my ninaivu therinja first tamil song would be "Raja kaiya vecha" from Apoorva Sagodharagal.. my fav in that is the dialogues between Kamal & Manorama..

then i remember watching Sathriyan song (yaru pottadhu tharu road) in dd on a diwali day.. & few more those time like Rajadhi raja, Thalapathy, etc. (indha time line ellam nallave nyabagam irukku)

my actual listening to songs happened 10 yrs back & i don't remember the exact song which made me a Raaja fan..

btw.. good thread softu.. makes us to share our childhood

9th August 2011, 11:27 PM
(ARR's jingle in MV's voice மண் பார்த்து பொங்கியது பொங்கல், வண்ண நிறம் பார்த்து பொங்கியது மனசு :ananda kanner
:bow: Wow. Completely forgot this. Youtube irukkaa? (will search once I get home)

9th August 2011, 11:34 PM
:bow: Wow. Completely forgot this. Youtube irukkaa? (will search once I get home)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz9wX4HXh6E

9th August 2011, 11:48 PM
nan rombha naala avarai Aravindswamy'nu nenachukittu irundhen

10th August 2011, 12:15 AM
Asian Paints AdLM, volume romba athugamaa irukku! satham kettu pakkathula toongitrunthavar ezunthuttaar! is it only for me?!?

ரஹ்மானின் கிராமிய இசை! இதுபோன்ற டியூன்கள் ஏன் இப்ப தருவதில்லைன்னு கேக்க தோணுது. மேடி திட்டுவாரோன்னு பயமா இருக்கு :wink:

10th August 2011, 12:19 AM
LM, volume romba athugamaa irukku! satham kettu pakkathula toongitrunthavar ezunthuttaar! is it only for me?!?

Not only for you :lol: It's too loud even in my laptop speaker.

GSV
10th August 2011, 12:33 AM
Here you go :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXYK-KivZWg

Thanks a lot vithagan... happy to see this video once again...

10th August 2011, 01:25 AM
Not only for you :lol: It's too loud even in my laptop speaker.
Ok, its the natural volume in the video itself. In these cases kindly issue a warning to reduce volume :) Is there a sw to do the same? Like Automatic Volume Leveller etc..

vithagan
10th August 2011, 01:46 AM
nan rombha naala avarai Aravindswamy'nu nenachukittu irundhen

Ungalukkaaga.. Arvindswamy ad.. again from rahman ( Description says so.. but not sure)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9qmJ79YuCs

10th August 2011, 01:53 AM
saw this one along with asian paints ad :)

10th August 2011, 08:14 AM
Ok, its the natural volume in the video itself. In these cases kindly issue a warning to reduce volume :) Is there a sw to do the same? Like Automatic Volume Leveller etc..

Sorry, neenga sonnappuramdhan andha video-laiye volume adhigam-nu theriyum.

10th August 2011, 08:40 AM
பதிவுகள் இங்கே பழைய நாட்களின் விளம்பரங்களை நோக்கி சென்றுவிட்டதால் என் பங்கிற்கு..

டையனோரா:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W-Pxl0Oq80

சாலிடைர்

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiskjxB0_GM

பஜாஜ்

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUX7KmOSbrg&feature=fvwrel

Mile Sur Mera Tumhara - கமல் வரும் ஒரு சில கணங்களுக்காகவே இதை பார்த்து ரசிப்பதுண்டு.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gstRrEmTcBc

மேலும் "UMS ஆண்டென்னா பூஸ்டராலே படம் இப்போ தெளிவாக தெரிகிறதே", "ஆரோக்ய வாழ்வினையே காப்பது லைஃபாய்" விளம்பரங்கள் பதிவுலகத்தில் இல்லை.

10th August 2011, 08:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjHxW0uJM3U

i was abt 14-15 when this video came out..went crazy over that figuruu..kalyana panna intha mathiri ponnu than kattikanum antha time-le oru feeling :lol2:

10th August 2011, 08:54 AM
[video=youtube;EjHxW0uJM3U]kalyana panna intha mathiri ponnu than kattikanum antha time-le oru feeling :lol2: +1..............

10th August 2011, 08:58 AM
டிடி தொலைக்காட்சி ஆங்கில செய்தி வாசிப்பில் எனக்கு காவிரி முகர்ஜியைவிட சுகன்யா பாலகிருஷ்ணனை பிடிக்கும்.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrnPp2UgfLk

10th August 2011, 11:06 AM
Ramco Cements (இந்த பந்தமும் உறுதியானது), அமிர்தாஞ்சன் were also quite good... but no eeteeb links I guess.. :mad:

Nescafe - :D youtube has its complete version.. (old & new)..

can we have a new thread for this?

10th August 2011, 11:34 AM
டிடி தொலைக்காட்சி ஆங்கில செய்தி வாசிப்பில் எனக்கு காவிரி முகர்ஜியைவிட சுகன்யா பாலகிருஷ்ணனை பிடிக்கும்.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrnPp2UgfLk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjHxW0uJM3U

i was abt 14-15 when this video came out..went crazy over that figuruu..kalyana panna intha mathiri ponnu than kattikanum antha time-le oru feeling :lol2:

indha visAraNaila pala uNmaigaL veLila varudhu...

10th August 2011, 11:45 AM
Athe than they remade it..... ippa release aanathu Phir mile....

10th August 2011, 12:03 PM
IMHO Best ad of decade has to be rahman's airtel ad. One single piece of tune, but how many variations :shock: :thumbsup:

10th August 2011, 03:17 PM
Athe than they remade it..... ippa release aanathu Phir mile....

SS... i was sure, but when master raised his eyebrow, it created a doubt in me.

10th August 2011, 06:07 PM
நன்றி lm :-)