PDA

View Full Version : Scriptwriting for Annamalai Part 2, anyone??????

nirosha sen
29th January 2005, 08:30 PM
Dear Friends,

"Annamalai" the teleserial has just recently ended on a bald note!! But there's talk of a revival of the serial, in the near future. Meanwhile, why don't the rest of us be scriptwriters and continue from where the Director left off??????!!!!!

Let's have fun, Pa!!!!

nirosha sen
29th January 2005, 08:36 PM
At Annamalaiar Temple at Alwarkurichi, Annamalai sits in silent meditation. Surrounded by the ubiquitous sounds of the usual activity of the temple and the fluttering of the multitude of pigeons in the court-yard, Annamalai yet again hears the all too familliar blaring of the conch shell in her ears!!

Slowly, that familiar sound grew louder and louder that at last she was forced to open her eyes, to be greeted by two bare feet and the lower half, of a white saree and a staff planted on the ground, beside it..........

Thoduram.....

nirosha sen
30th January 2005, 07:26 AM
Slowly, Annamalai's eyes scanned the edge of the white saree and her gaze moved upwards to peer into an old familiar face, she had not seen for years!

It was the Kovil Paati; the one whom she had last seen when she had been a newly married bride of the Ratnagiri family. But now, Annamalai looked questioning as she wondered what the old lady wants from her, this time.

Seeing the puzzled look on her face, the Kovil Paati looked serene with her trademark mysterious smile of the all-knowing and all-enlightened! The Kovil Paati asked, "How have you been Annamalai????? Has life taught you a thing or two away from the sheltered life you once led here in this very village????? You have lost much I know, for it was all part of your Fate; that was the grand plans of Annamalaiyar himself. And now you sit here once again, more in consternation than with any real understanding of all that's happened to date. Perhaps, you need to re-acquaint yourself again to your old surroundings, before I come back to see you again."

With those words echoing in the ambience of that ancient temple, Kovil Paati shuffles a few steps with the tapping of her staff and slowly walks towards a stout pillar and disappears behind it, leaving a bemused Annamalai looking after her.......

Thoduram......

annamalaiar
30th January 2005, 05:30 PM
I know not everyone agrees, but the idea of reviving the Annamalai serial with a second season is delightful to me. Or at least a few episodes to round off the storyline and tie up loose ends...

Dear Nirosha, are we supposed to continue where you left off in this storytelling, or start our own version of Season 2??

nirosha sen
30th January 2005, 07:42 PM
Annamalaiyar-avargale - Just let lose your own imagination and the might have beens that we all have been chaffing about, and write your own version of how this story-line should meander, Pa!!

Have fun!! :wink:

annamalaiar
31st January 2005, 07:11 PM
Very well, I shall start my own script:
EPISODE 1; SEASON II
In a shadowy motel room at Meenatchi Lodge...
Two people shake hands... They are none other than Sattapan Chettiar and ....
Tamilarasi!
Sattappan congratulates Tamil for her success on pulling off her own "death". "Luckily, my dear, you came to me when you discovered you were being poisoned... and I sent you off to Singapore for treatment," says Sattappan.
Tamil smiles, "And now Santhanam is out of our way... How dare he try to poison me when he was supposed to poison that Oolamuki!"
"Annaa paavam antha Moondrampirai" mourns Sattapan.
"She was not to be trusted anyway," replies Tamil.
"Now that Thavasi's family have foolishly accepted me into their fold, we can get on with our former plans... The temple property will be mine, and you will have the Alwakurucchi mansion" says Sattapan.
The two exchange smiles ...
Meanwhile, flames fill Annamalai's dreams, and she glimpses the all-too-familiar figure of Chittan...
THODARUM ...

nirosha sen
31st January 2005, 07:29 PM
Chittan does the Siva Thandavum in the temple foreground and dances in a circle. In it, Annamalai sees the pained faces of her dear murdered brother Nallasivam as well as her father. As they part slightly, she sees the solemn faces of 3 ladies - Visalam, Jeeva and Tanggam! Only Tanggam has a smile on her face as Annamlai focuses on them but not Jeeva and Visalam!

Meanwhile, Annamalai gets up from her sleep at Alwarkurichi where she had gone to and ponders on the meaning of what she saw!! She gets up to go near her window, and remembers events on her wedding day. The stalled Sanggu Thiruvilla, the murder of Bhanda Murugan but most of all, her dear father's face as she had turned fearfully to him and said, " Appa, I don't think I want to get married, Pa! I fear I would not return home if I do, Pa"!! To which, her dear father had allayed her fears with a tear-filled laugh and pretended not to be alarmed by her words. But now they come back with a haunting vengeance as she slept in her old familiar bed and surroundings.....

Thoduram.......

annamalaiar
1st February 2005, 11:41 AM
In a Chennai office, a young woman with a vaguely familiar face stands next to a desk with the name plaque "R. Mathevi". She contemplates the busy metropolitan bustle outside her office windows.
"It has taken me more than a decade to get here," she muses.
"I have waited 12 years for what should have rightfully be mine... and soon I will have it... I will get rid of all those who have stood in my way..."
She glances at a photograph of her younger self next to a handsome young man.... who is none other than Ulaganathan!
"Soon... what is a while longer when I have waited a dozen years for this moment?"

Meanwhile, in the District Police Headquarters, the Commissioner of Police congratulates Inspector Anbalagan on successfully solving Jeeva's murder. He promotes Anbalagan to the rank of Chief Inspector.
"So, where is Diwakar now?" asks the Commissioner.
"On his way to prison to serve his life sentence, as we speak," replies Anbalagan.
Suddenly the phone on Anbalagan's desk rings.
The police constable on the other end says,
"The police jeep carrying Diwakar was in an accident... it was forced off the road by a car... in the confusion Diwakar got away from the policemen and took off in the car... it must have been a well-planned operation. Sir?"
Anbalagan stares in shock...
THODARUM...

sonu gopi
2nd February 2005, 11:58 AM
Meanwhile at Santtanam’s home front – wife Soundarya aka Oolamuki stands by the bedroom window as tears flows down her cheeks – thinking of her dear husband and the fate of her little children. She was contemplating suicide as the only way out for her little family but her son was growing up to be the splitting image of Santhanam.

She comes back to reality when she suddenly felt hands from behind cup her face and gradually covering her eyes – she knows that those were the hands of a strong man like that of her “late” husband's. She says, “Who is this? How dare you come into my bedroom. She tries to set herself free “Only my mama has the right!!…let go off me” She manages to set herself free…turning around she saw her dear hubby, Santhanam standing majestically whilst grinning right into her face!!!

“Oh! Mammamaa …uuuu are alivvvvvve?"....too shocked to say anything further she slumps down fainting …whispering his name tenderly. Santhanam quickly supports the pregnant Soundarya, carries her gently and rests her on an easy chair!

He looks at his wife and cries when he notices there were neither ‘pottu’ nor flowers adorned on his sweet Oolamuki - confirming a picture of a miserable widow....

THODARUM....

SONU GOPI :lol:

annamalaiar
2nd February 2005, 01:47 PM
Annamalai and Thavasi are in the grand pillared entrance hall of Annamalaiyar Veedu in Alwakurucchi. They are surveying the glorious and hallowed halls of their ancestral home when they hear someone at the door. It is Nallayappur, the high priest of the Annamalaiyar Temple.

Nallayappur informs them that the long-delayed Sanggu Thiruvizha must be held before the end of the month. He asks whether Thavasi will preside at the ceremonies, an honour formerly held by his late father, the Pattalathar.
Thavasi tells him that the temple documents are now in the hands of Gandhimadhi Amma, therefore by right she must preside at the Thiruvizha.

Annamalai agrees with her brother. She asks Nallayappur to inform Gandhimadhi Amma when she returns from Pondicherry.
Meanwhile, in Pondicherry, Gandhimadhi Amma visits her sister-in-law, who welcomes her happily.
Gandhimadhi narrates the events leading up to Annamalai's return from Thiruvannamalai.
She notices her sister-in-law is looking mournful and depressed.
Her sister-in-law says, "I am happy for you since you have so many caring relatives, even though your son has betrayed you, Annamalai's family is affectionate towrds you. I have been so lonely here since my daughter ran away and my husband passed away three years ago."
"Then why don't you come and live with me? I am moving back into my Alwakurucchi house. You can live with me and Valli and her baby," suggests Gandhimadhi.
Her sister-in-law is touched by the offer, and happily accepts it.
In a hospital room, Ulaganathan lies on a bed, swathed with bandages, his eyes closed. Gomathinayagam is standing next to the bed, looking anxiously at the unconscious Ulagu.
Slowly, Ulagu's eyes open ...

THODARUM ...

nirosha sen
2nd February 2005, 02:55 PM
Outside in the corridor of the hospital room where Ulagu lies, is Nurse Vaishu!! Pacing the floor like a caged animal, the Nurse is desperately waiting for Ulagu to regain consciousness. Without her side-kick and confidante Bhargavi who's still in remand, Nurse Vaishu is at a loss as to continue her charade with Ulagu!! To make matters worse, she now has to kow-tow to that loose cannon Gomathy Nayagam who has appeared out of nowhere and is now keeping a hawk eye on Ulagu!!

Meanwhile, Shanthi comes visiting to see Ulagu.......

Thoduram....

ts
2nd February 2005, 06:19 PM
It’s a very posh remote house, somewhere in the east coast road. There is a car parked in the driveway but none to be seen around. The camera enters a room in the first floor thru the door in the balcony and this room is full of cigarette fumes. Camera zooms in and there is vinayakam smoking. There are bits of cigarettes and a few empty bottles around him. He is depressed and is thinking of something, very upset with the wedding… Images of people in the family, starting from MM, run thru his mind, all unclear, hazy and random….and finally focuses on one person….the little one…he has a big gulp and gets up determined…..his eyes filled with only one thing….REVENGE…..

Cindy
2nd February 2005, 06:36 PM
What is this?... ellam "beejasuran" kathaia irukke.. sethu tholanjathellam thiruppiyum ezhunthu varuthu.... antha paavam jeeva vantha sari... intha kandravigal en uyiroda irukkanum?

nirosha sen
2nd February 2005, 07:08 PM
Cindy - Waiting for you to join the fray, Pa!! Don't be on the side-line!! Chumma kathayai yeduthu vidingel, Pa!!

We are the producers here!! :lol:

nirosha sen
2nd February 2005, 07:17 PM
Spewing another thick cloud of smoke, Vinay yet again visualises his humiliation at Jodhi's hands!! Finally, she had her pound of flesh, didn't she???? The ultimate thrashing she could have given him!!! All that cajoling, side-long innocent flutter of her lashes, pretending to go along with the wedding plans and finally pulling the rug from under him!!! He's got to get back at her!!!! All that drama of innocent rooming in with his own brother Subbu, only to turn around and make it permanent!!! But how is he going to make her pay?????......

Into his turmoil, enters his former father-in-law Tamil Kumaran who stands before him, smirking with the villainous gleam of "an I told you so" look!! Noticing, his presence in the dimness of the smoke acrid room, Vinay sheepishly stands up to greet him, not knowing what to say. Finally, he musters the courage to say, "Vanga Mamma"!! To which Tamil Kumaran yet again throws another disgusted look at him and nods a greeting .........

Thoduram......

annamalaiar
3rd February 2005, 01:11 PM
Back in Alwakurucchi, Gandhimadhi and Sivagami (her sister-in-law) are settling into the Ratnagiri mansion. Valli is busy playing with her infant son.

Just then, High Priest Nallayappur comes calling.
He is welcomed by Gandhimadhi Amma. After the formal introductions to Sivagami, Nallayappur informs Gandhimadhi about the Sanggu Thiruvizha. He tells her that Annamalai and Thavasi were agreeable to her presiding at the festival, as befits her ownership of the temple property deeds.

However, instead of being elated, Gandhimadhi looks troubled.

In her mind's eye, she sees Pattalathar lying dead in a pool of blood... the temple deeds fluttering in the breeze in front of the picture of Lord Annamalaiyar ...
The words "Andavan sottu kudumbangalay alikkum" echo in her mind ...
At the Thirunelvelli District Hospital, Ulaganathan regains consciousness. He looks around him, spots Gomathinayagam and calls to him. But before Gomathi can reply, Vaishu rushes into the room upon hearing Ulagu's voice, delighted to see him awake.
But Ulagu greets her with an icy stare. Vaishu feels worried and is about to say something when another visitor enters the hospital room ... it is Shanthi.
The moon shines above the Annamalaiyar Temple in Alwakurucchi, and is reflected in the temple pond.
The Kovil Paati wanders among the ancient pillars of the Sanggu Mandapam. She contemplates the age-worn paintings on the walls of the Mandapam, eerily lit by flickering oil-lamps. She senses someone's presence and turns around.
Chittan bows respectfully to her, his hands held in silent namaskaram. He then points soundlessly to a painting depicting the Sanggu Thiruvizha procession. The Kovil Paati nods and says, "Soon the Festival will be held at last... The wheels of Destiny are turning, and what was meant to be, will be..."

Suddenly a cold breeze blows through the Mandapam, extinguishing the oil lamps. The Kovil Paati and Chittan stare at each other in consternation ...

THODARUM ...

nirosha sen
3rd February 2005, 06:20 PM
As Ulagu regains full consciousness, he becomes aware of both Shanti and Nurse Vaishu's presence. Behind them, hovering ever so anxiously is chatter-box Gomathi-nayagam. While Vaishu, ever so subtle to assert her claim to her presence in his life, is also mindful of her surroundings and those around her! She speaks up, "Doctor? Ippe eppadi irruke??" Making herself busy, by adjusting the drip stand, she says further, "What Doctor, first you hire me to take care of your mother, but now that she's as fit as a fiddle, it appears to be your turn, for me to take care of now", she ends her sentence lamely while plumping his pillow!!

Meanwhile, "Mappillay???? Do you remember me???? I am back!! Thanks to the grace of that Perumal!! By this time, it is that gundu Bhargavi's turn to eat ragi balls in prison, Pa!!", he interjects ever so gleefully!!

Watching all this in silence is Shanti as she cocks her head enquiringly at the Nurse's presence, here in the hospital room!

Thoduram.......

a.ratchasi
4th February 2005, 11:44 AM
Wow!Sonu, Nirosha, TS and annamalaiar, keep it going!!
I happened to browse by and found your thread by chance.

You guys have what it takes.

Keep it up!! :)

annamalaiar
4th February 2005, 04:40 PM
Annaa...malai!

The chant echoes through Annamalai's mind.
She sees the shrine with the statue of Nandi in the middle of the temple pond.
On the steps leading down to the pond is Chittan.
"Did you think that all your troubles are over, Annamalai?"
Chittan shakes his head sadly.
"There is more that Fate has in store for you ... But will you complete your destiny??"
With that, the Chittan starts to beat his drum ... images swirl in Annamalai's mind ....
She sees the many-pillared Sanggu Mandapam ... the conch sounds ... A temple procession in full swing ... two pairs of hands struggle to grab some property deeds ... then a hand adorned with bangles pointing a gun ... two shots ring out ...

Annamalai wakes up in her bed, worried about her visions ...
THODARUM ...

nirosha sen
4th February 2005, 07:11 PM
Police sirens are blaring away in every nook and cranny of the city,as the police dragnet scours for the fugitive Diwakar. Road blocks have been placed in major exit points to apprehend on sight, the murderer of Jeeva, up till recently a guest of the Chennai High Court prior to his conviction and sentencing. But on the way to a maximum security penitentiary, located at the outskirts of the city, Diwakar makes his escape in a getaway car with some accomplices!!

Meanwhile, Insp. Anbalagan pays yet another visit to Diwakar's family home to interrogate his parents and sister Sheela on the whereabouts of the escaped prisoner. On reaching their home, he knocks on the door and waits for someone to open the door for him.

On hearing the knock, Diwakar's mother opens the door and is shocked to see the tall policeman, looking stern and quietly appraising her. Cold sweat breaks down her back, as she contemplates his visit this time. "Vanga, vanga, yenna inthe pakkum?", she enquires trying to sound cool! "Yen mahan-ekke, yetthu problem-ille-leh?", she tries again while trying to quell her anxiety!

Anbalagan replies, "It is about your son, that I'm here!! May I come in?" Without preamble, he barges in without further prompting from Gauthami, Diwakar's mum. Looking around, he enquires of the two occupants and finds they are not at home. With a nod of his head, two constables immediately appear at the doorway, and with Anbalagan's signal, dash upstairs and the back of the house, to raid the house looking for Diwakar.....

Thoduram....

ts
4th February 2005, 09:20 PM
Tamilkumaran gives vinay a cheap look and with acid in his words, asks him if he achieved what he wanted to. He tells Vinay that it was because of his actions that his wife deserted him and that he is answerable for every tear drop that she sheds. Vinay tries to pacify Tamilkumaran but Tamil is unstoppable. He tells vinay that he had not come there to take apologies from Vinay but to get his signature in certain documents.

Vinay tells him that things ended the day he got his divorce and asks him as to what he needs now? Tamil gives him a stamp paper that says Vinay will not claim paternity to his son... flash back flash back... when his wife tries abortion, the doctor tells them that it will be too risky to attempt as the foetus has grown up... They obiviously do not want MM and VInayakam's relationship and hence hide it from others and pretend to have had the abortion...

Vinay's mind is like a pond in summer, the bottom part being cold and top part being warm ... he is torn between emotions and pleads to Tamil to have access to his son. Tamil refuses blatantly and tells Vinay that he only wanted full seperation for his daughter and that his idea was not to encourage Vinayakam. Vinay begs again but Tamil doesnt budge when the door opens....and a lady walks indide.....

nirosha sen
5th February 2005, 07:43 AM
:rotfl: Oh brilliant TS!! I wouldn't have thought of it, myself!!! What a resurrection to a dead foetus!! :lol:

nirosha sen
5th February 2005, 12:53 PM
The lone figure that walked in was none other than Meena-Loshini's mother!! With both anxiety and worry etched in the furrows of her fore-head, Meena's mother loomed into the room from the shadows of the doorway.

"Neengalah???", offers Vinay lamely. Meena's mum gives a small smile of greeting and proceeds,"Mapillay, let bygones be bygones. We all know that your problems with Meena was just not confined to the two of you alone. That Jyothi did have a lot to do with it. Meena is naturally humiliated to learn of the secret that's been the bone of contention in your house all this while. It has certainly upset her further eventhough she pretends to be nonchalant whenever your name is mentioned. But I know my daughter well enough. She still loves and cares for you. Now, it is up to you to cajole and win her love and trust in you, Vinay"!!

At this juncture, Tamil Kumaran interjects and scolds his wife for still harbouring any hopes of seeing their daughter reconcilled with her ex-husband, but she remains adamant. "Divorce cases maybe your rice-bowl as part of your business. But this is our daughter and her child, we are talking about. We cannot step aside and see the three of them living separate lives. We as elders, owe it to them to settle their problems amicably. Let us help them re-build their lives. Don't be in such a hurry to dash aside any hopes that our own daughter might have herself"!!!

With that exchange over between them, they both turn to stare at Vinay who stands there sheepishly speechless......

Thoduram......

annamalaiar
7th February 2005, 08:19 AM
Dear Nirosha,
I have just realised a mistake.
Diwakar has already been sent to trial and sentenced to life imprisonment. (Tonight's episode in Malaysia)
Therefore we should change a couple of our postings, to say that Diwakar is on his way to a maximum-security prison to serve his life sentence. :)

annamalaiar
7th February 2005, 10:41 AM
And now, on with the story ... (says the Kovil Paati)

At Thavasi's house in Chennai, Nambi arrives home from the courts. Jansi, now three months pregnant, rushes to greet him.
She says, "Nambi, the lawyer who is in charge of our family property matters is here. He wanted to see Thavasi Uncle, but I told him that Uncle and Amma have gone to Alwakurucchi, so he said he had to talk to you at once."

Nambi goes into the house and greets the lawyer. He notices that his colleague looks rather worried.
"Is something wrong?" he asks.
The lawyer replies, "Yes, I'm afraid so. The property documents that Tamilarasi returned to your brother were fake."
"Fake?!?!?!" exclaims Nambi.
"Yes indeed, they were all clever forgeries," adds his colleague.

Nambi stares at his colleague and Jansi in consternation ...

THODARUM ...

nirosha sen
7th February 2005, 01:13 PM
Annamalaiyar - Yes, I've already included Diwakar's conviction in the previous posting. He escaped when he was led to serve his sentence, Pa!!

ts
7th February 2005, 03:14 PM
While Tamilkumaran and his wife are discussing, Meena enters the room...her eyes flaming read and all furious. Vinay goes near her and asks her where his son is... Tamil asks her to step out but she doesnt listen. She hysterically screams "Kuzhandai venumaa...."? Vinay gets is terrified at her appearance. He tries to avoid seeing her eyes but cant help... He tells her that he is prepared to do anything for her and asks for her to apologise. She spits in his face vehimently and asks him as to where this "affection" was when his marriage with jyoti was fixed? He tries to explain things to her but it adds more fuel to her fury...
Meena's mum shouts at her and apologises to Vinay for her actions and asks him to wipe his face with a towel. Vinay tells them that Meena had every right to do so and that he deserves to be punished. Meena tells him that nothing in this world would calm her... Vinay gets the hint and asks her if she would be satisfied, should anything/anyone go out of this world ...Meena gives him a deep look and asks him..."what ya got in mind....." ... thodarum....

ts
7th February 2005, 10:21 PM
While Tamilkumaran enjoys their conversation, his wife is shocked and she goes to Meena and asks her to drop her attitude and anger. She tells them that what goes around will come around and she doesnot want another disaster. He tells her that he would proceed with revenge, even if he had not seen them today. Meena chuckles sarcastically and tells him that an Ambalai is one who does things.. not one who fathers a few kids or goes boasting about it. Vinay tells her that he has more anger in him than her for her anger is only to him but his anger is to his entire family.
Tamilkumaran tells them that MM's will says that all his property goes to his grandson...but hadnt mentioned which one....

Vinay tells him that it was just this that he was thinking of prior to their arrival and is fuming about his family, who had conspired against him... his former love, sibling, dad, granny and more importantly ...his first born... He tells her that he is no longer ashamed to call him as the toddler's dad for he will soon be its yaman too....

Meena tells him that should he succeed in doing that, she will never step foot out of his domain and will be a slave to him. Vinay tells her that he didnt want a slave but just his pride back and tries to hold her hand. Meena steps back and slaps him in his face and tells him not even to imagine touching her again...his words are no medicine... only his actions are. Terribly Miffed about the slap, vinay rushes out of the room. Meena's mum starts to slap meena but Tamil stops her. Meena tells them that Vinay is a coward but the only two things that can get some action out of him are alcohol and embarassment...and she will make him do what she wants by poking him continuously. Tamil looks at meena with amazement and takes her out.

NM
8th February 2005, 08:26 AM
Wow!! Nirosha, Annamalaiyar and TS......excellent!!!! :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: This thread is getting more and more interesting, what with my wild imagination as I picture the characters as I read along!!! Hope RADAAN is reading this.... :lol2:

annamalaiar
8th February 2005, 11:18 AM
Meanwhile, at Thavasi's house in Chennai ...
Nambi stares in shock at Jansi and the lawyer, after the latter reveals that the property documents that Tamilarasi returned to Thavasi were fake.
"What does this mean?" asks Jansi.
Nambi replies grimly, "I have the feeling we haven't seen the last of Tamilarasi ... I had better call up Uncle Anbalagan to tell him about this."
He picks up the phone and starts dialling a number.
At the same time in Meenatchi Lodge, Tamilarasi paces anxiously in Sattapan's office. Sattapan himself is comfortably seated at the desk.
"What is your worry, my dear?" queries Sattapan.
"What will happen when Thavasi realises those documents I gave him were forged?" wonders Tamil.
"
They will probably launch an investigation ... but don't fret, by that time, you will be well away from here until the hue and cry dies down..." says Sattapan. "Oh, and by the way ...."

He opens a drawer and takes out something ... it is a diamond ring.
In the depths of the ring one can see a coiling snake .... it is none other than Ulaganathan's cursed ring ...

THODARUM ...

annamalaiar
8th February 2005, 11:21 AM
To all Annamalai fans in Malaysia,

The Final Episode of Annamalai (episode 757) will be aired on Astro Vaanavil on Monday 28th February 2005.

**Sorry for earlier saying the final episode 756 was scheduled for Friday 25/2.

nirosha sen
8th February 2005, 06:21 PM
Back in Diwakar's family home, the two policemen scour the entire house with a fine tooth comb. But no such luck in locating the runaway prisoner. As Ins. Anbalagan quietly waits for his men to complete their search, Gauthami gets agitated and repeatedly asks what the problem was. But Anbalagan waits for the final word from his men, before he attempts to answer her.

"When was the last time you spoke to Diwakar", he asks.
"Just after the sentencing. You were all there yourselves, weren't you? What's happening??? Haven't you all done enough to my poor boy? What's he done this time??? How much more crime can he commit now, that he's behind bars",???? she queries in agitation.

Anbalagan proceeds to tell her calmly, "Diwakar has escaped"!!
Gauthami stands there shell-shocked for a moment, before responding, "Ah???? When????? That's why you are here!! You think I'm harbouring him, don't you????

Anabalagan warns her, "If you harbour a fugitive, which is what your son is now, you'd be equally in trouble with the law. If you see him or speak to him next, you must cooperate with us. Otherwise, .......", he trails off.

As Anbalagan is about to leave, Diwakar's father comes in and looks equally surprised!! "Aiyo Insp. sir!! Neengalah, what is it now, Sir???? Gauthami, namba payal enna ippe senjitah????" And looking at the ceiling, in a soliloquy, "Ada nan petha mavane, enna dah ippudi imseh, panureh"!!!!!

Eyeing them both with equal suspicion and contempt, Anbalagan gets into the police jeep with his men, leaving the worried couple watching as he left.....

Thoduram........

annamalaiar
8th February 2005, 07:35 PM
Sattapan eyes the cursed diamond ring.
"I happened to pick this up after that fool Ulaganathan dropped it when he was gored by the bull at Thiruvannamalai," explains Sattapan.
"So, what about it? Its worth pales in comparison to the Alwakurucchi property," says Tamilarasi.
"No, I was not intending to sell it, merely give it to you as a token of our ...er-hem... friendship," says Sattapan.
"No thank you, I have no need for that ring ... what I want is the Pattalathar's mansion," says Tamil.

"Oh, don't worry, soon you will have it ... " says Sattapan.
"Hmmm... who does that ring belong to anyway? Ulaganathan?" asks Tamil.
"No, it is Annamalai's. I tried to return it once, but Ulaganathan took it instead," replies Sattapan.
"Then why don't you return it now, as proof of your sincerity, and seal your friendship with Thavasi and Annamalai?"
"Why not? The closer I get to Thavasi's family, the easier it will be for us to get the documents."
The two partners in crime smile devilishly.

Meanwhile at the hospital, Ulaganathan smiles weakly at Shanthi.
"So, you have come to visit me? I am sure we can both forget the past ... let bygones be bygones..."
Shanthi glares at him coldly, "After you nearly killed me? I'm just here to deliver you this envelope from your mother ... She doesn't want to see you again ... and for that matter, neither do I."
Throwing the envelope at Ulaganathan, she stamps out of the room, quickly followed by Gomathinayagam.
Left behind them is a disillusioned Ulagu and Vaishu.
Vaishu turns to Ulagu, but he snaps at her to get out. Annoyed, Vaishu also leaves the hospital room, but not before telling Ulagu, "You haven't seen the last of me!"

Ulagu is left alone in the hospital room. He stares at the envelope, wondering how everything could have gone so wrong ... how his mother, sister, daughter and both his wives could have abandoned him...
But just then, the hospital room door opens.
Ulagu, thinking it is Vaishu, turns to yell at her, but instead it is a familiar young woman, the one who goes by the name of Mathevi.
Ulagu stares in shock, "YOU?!?!?"

THODARUM ...

annamalaiar
9th February 2005, 06:34 PM
Ulaganathan stares at Mathevi, who was known by a different name a decade ago.
She is none other than Meenatchi Ratnagiri, Ulagu's cousin who was in love with him and ran away from home because he did not want to marry her.
"Well, Ulagu, surprised to see me?" smirks Meenatchi.
"But you ... you ran away from home - years ago." stammers Ulagu.
"Yes, I ran away to Chennai where I was biding my time to make a comeback into the Ratnagiri fold," says Meenatchi. "Well, don't you have anything to say to me?"
Ulagu continues to stare at her.
"Don't worry, I'm here to help you ..." smiles Meenatchi.
Annamalai wanders through the temple in Alwakurucchi. She sees Nallayappur, the high priest, busily directing cleanup works in anticipation of the Sanggu Thiruvuzha.
She hears someone calling her name.
It is Chittan.

"Annamalai, the snake in its den has awoken ... the Sanggu Thiruvizha is threatened with mayhem ... only you can save the Thiruvuzha, Annamalai ..."

Flames fill Annamalai's vision ... the image of a rearing snake can be seen through the flames ...

THODARUM ...

nirosha sen
10th February 2005, 08:04 AM
At Meenatchi Lodge :

Tamilarasi looks out the window in silent rumination. Saatapan gives her an all knowing silent appraisal before clearing his throat, and says that he has some urgent matters to clear with the Manager and excuses himself to leave.

Meanwhile, Tamil thinks back to that fateful day when she doused Santhanam and herself with kerosene. Just as she struck the match-stick, she heard Moonampirai shouting out her name while thunderously banging on the door. Santhanam on hearing her voice, began to shout and scream for help! Panicking, Tamil picked up a nearby chair and smashed it on his head. Almost immediately he keeled over and slumped on the floor.

Not knowing what else to do, Tamil opened the door and allowed Moonampirai into the room. As she came lumbering in, she noticed Santhanam and smelled the strong odour of kerosene everywhere. "Aiyo amma, enna kaariyum panitingeh" and proceeds to bend down to check on Santhanum. Seizing the moment, a wicked thought occurs to Tamil.......

Thoduram.........

nirosha sen
10th February 2005, 06:20 PM
In that split second of indecision as Moonampirai bent down to check on Santanam's heartbeat, Tamil seizes her chance to escape the closing reach of Yemmun, and as she did before raises the chair again to whack Moonampirai but as she was about to swing it down, a pair of strong hands clamps down in a vice grip on both her arms and pulls the chair out from her grasp!!

Tamil whirled around to see who the intruder was only to stop short at the sight of Welding Raja. Shushing her mouth with his hand, he pulls her out of the room. As she stood outside in the landing, Raja entered the room again and she heard muffled voices from within and then a heavy sound of someone falling with a thud!! Just as she was about to re-enter the room, she changes her mind!! Fearing for her life, Tamil ran down the stairs to escape the commotion upstairs. Running out onto the driveway outside, she sees Saatapan's white Ambassador parked outside and dashes into the backseat. There seated comfortably with a smirk on his face is Sattapan Chettiar who orders the driver to drive immediately......

Thoduram.......

annamalaiar
11th February 2005, 08:33 AM
"Annamalai!"
Annamalai turns to see her brother Thavasi approaching in the temple courtyard.
"What are you doing alone here, staring into empty air?" asks Thavasi.
"No, I was just talking to Chittan ..." Annamalai looks back, and discovers that Chittan is nowhere in sight.
Thavasi stares strangely at her. "But Chittan isn't here!"
"He was a short while ago ... " replies Annamalai.
"Now, come on, we are here because Gandhimadhi Amma wanted to talk to us with Nallayappur present," says Thavasi.
Annamalai nods and follows Thavasi along a pillared passageway. At the far end, the high Priest is busy checking an inventory of items needed for the Sanggu Thiruvizha.
Gandhimadhi, accompanied by her sister-in-law Sivagami, strides into view.
"Annamalai, Thavasi," calls Gandhimadhi.
"I have come to a decision, that is why I called you both here, with Nallayappur," she says.
"I do not want to preside at the Sanggu Thiruvizha this year ..."
Annamalai, Thavasi and Nallayappur stare at her, shocked by her announcement.

THODARUM ...

annamalaiar
11th February 2005, 08:39 AM
Dear future Scriptwriters,
By Nirosha's suggestion, we have decided to use the Annamalai -Updates and Discussion thread to discuss and plan strategies for scriptwriting Season 2 of ANNAMALAI.
We would like to encourage the participation of all future scriptwriters in that thread to prevent confusion and other ensuing difficulties.

Thank You for your cooperation.

nirosha sen
13th February 2005, 09:12 PM
Watching the back of the speeding Ambassador of Satappan's, was another interested on-looker!! Seeing the manner in which, Tamil ran helter-skelter out of the house, was none other than a mole sent out by Tamil Kumaran to spy on her. It was he who was pacing the driveway outside Tamil's bungalow while Santanam stood sheepishly outside her gate, waiting like a Ghurka for Tamil earlier!!

Seeing that both the gate and front door was left yawning open, Tamil Kumaran's goonda hastily makes an inspection of the quiet street before dashing inside. There he looks around and decides that the house is empty! Taking full advantage of the situation, the Goonda decides to ransack the house. Going room to room, he picks up a few items here and there until he hears some sound from the upper floor and freezes!!

Thoduram.......

annamalaiar
14th February 2005, 07:32 PM
"I do not wish to preside at the Sanggu Thiruvizha this year."
Gandhimadhi's words echo through the pillared halls of the Annamalaiyar Temple in Alwakurucchi.
Annamalai, Thavasi and Nallayappur stare at her in shock.

"This temple property has brought no end of misfortune for our families and this village," says Gandhimadhi.
"That is why I believe the Festival can only be presided at by one who is divinely acknowledged by Lord Annamalaiyar ... Annamalai, I hope you will agree to accept the ownership of the temple deeds ... and by doing so, rightfully preside at the Thiruvizha."

Annamalai replies, "But I have never wished to be the owner of ..."
The sound of a drum interrupts her.
All five of them turn around to see Chittan strolling down the corridor towards them, drum in hand.

"You have come to the right decision... Annamalai must preside at the Thiruvizha ... it is not my wish, but that of Lord Annamalaiyar Himself ..." says Chittan.
"But be wary of a snake that hides in the shadows, its venom is far more poisonous ..."
He continues to beat the drum and walks away.
Everyone stares after him, disconcerted.
Annamalai is reminded of her vision ...

THODARUM ...

nirosha sen
15th February 2005, 12:26 PM
On hearing the retreating sound of Anbalagan's police jeep, Diwakar slowly moves aside the cover of the ceiling air-vent, above the stair well, and jumps down onto the landing.

Hearing the thud from above the stairs, both his parents rush upstairs to find out the commotion. And there, rubbing his legs and sitting down on the floor, is Diwakar!! His mother quickly goes to him and gives him a bear-hug of welcome, while his father tries hard to look brave, while furtively looking around if anyone has come back to the front door.

"Dai Diwakar, eppidi-ra irrukke,????? How did you manage to escape all those policemen???? Parrungeh (to her husband), namba pillay, evalloh yellichi-poytan", his mother cries out.

Diwakar was in no mood as he quickly subjected his parents to a barrage of questions abt Anbalagan. What did that Giraffe want, he asked. To which his father replied, "Well, it's not like you're a Nobel Peace Prize winner, isn't it???? You're a runaway prisoner and now the whole lot of us, are going to be counting the bars with you in tow!! Why did you do it, Diwakar???? Why can't you just wait out your prison term????? They do let you out earlier for good behaviour, you know"!!

A morose and thoughtful Diwakar, narrowed his eyes to size up his father while clenching his jaw........

annamalaiar
15th February 2005, 08:43 PM
Meanwhile at the District Hospital ...
Ulagu continues to stare at Meenatchi, his long-lost cousin.
"I am here to help you ..." repeats Meenatchi.
Ulagu looks disbelievingly at her.
"Why don't you open the envelope your mother sent?" she asks.
Ulagu rips open the envelope and reads the letter silently. In it, Gandhimadhi claims that she has diswoned her son, and he will not get even a paise of her property, apart from the Chennai house, which she won't be staying in any longer. She does not wish to see him ever again, and neither does any of her family.

As he reads the letter, Ulagu's eyes fill with tears... not tears of despair, but tears of rage...

Flashback ... the bull charges at Ulagu... as he lies bleeding Gandhimadhi says, "He has repeated the same mistakes knowing they were wrong... leave him" ... Ulagu lies in mortal agony as his mother, sister and everyone walk off, abandoning him ...

Meenatchi's voice interrupts Ulagu's flashback.
"I have stayed faithful to you all these years... together we will get our revenge on all those who have wronged us ..."
Ulagu mutters through clenched teeth , "Annamalai must pay for all the pain she has caused me ..."
"Oh, don't worry, she will ..." says Meenatchi, smiling.
She holds out her hand to Ulagu, who grasps it ...

THODARUM ...

nirosha sen
15th February 2005, 09:13 PM
Shakti is in deep thought as he ponders his own fate and his short-lived marriage with Jeeva! He goes to her picture and lights the small lamp next to her picture and fusses over the little items on the altar...

All the while, his mind races back to that day when there was a power black-out suddenly and someone had tried to molest Jeeva in the dark!! His face hardens in rememberance, as he recalled how poor Jeeva had fought hard against her debilitating stutter to tell him who it was!! If only he had tried hard enough to find out more. But no!! His family always made sure they were forever hovering around them for the silliest reason! He sighed in frustration.........

None was more shocked than him, when he heard Diwakar's confession at the balcony with the police there, of his earlier relation-ship with Jeeva. He never really knew her, did he??? His marriage was just on the rebound anyway. She did it to hurt her mother than any real love for him. He knew that but why does it still hurt so much, to find out too little, too late abt her earlier dalliance with Diwakar????? With another sigh of hurt, he readied for bed and slumber. The only time he gets to escape from his own torturous mind ..........

Thoduram....

nirosha sen
18th February 2005, 05:46 AM
Rubbing his legs from the fall on the landing, Diwakar slowly stands up and asks his mother for food. Seeing how starved her son looked, his mother quickly gets down to the kitchen to fetch some food. Looking around the house and outside the windows, she quickly closes the shutters and curtains, before laying the table for her son.

Meanwhile, Diwakar plans his hideout henceforth, to escape the police dragnet. His father naturally is fearful of what the long arm of the law would do. But brushing aside his father's concern, Diwakar is reticent with his own plans!

He narrows his eyes, when he recalled how badly he was treated in prison by Anbalagan and his subordinates, in order to extract his confession of guilt over Jeeva's murder. The utter humiliation of it all as each one from his in-laws to Jeeva's family took turns to abuse him. He closed his eyes in rememberance and hardened his face.

"Oh yes, they'll pay alright!! As long as they had him behind bars, they were safe from his wrath, but not anymore. He's going to show them what the consequences are if they thought they had seen the last of Diwakar!! He's got a score to settle alright!! Beginning with his beloved wife, Latha........."!!!

They can't hang him twice, can they?????!!!!

Thoduram........

Surya
18th February 2005, 06:55 AM
:D Wow! Gr8 imaginations guys! Reading this makes me feel that Annamalai should have continued! :D

annamalaiar
18th February 2005, 03:40 PM
Tunjalum tunjal illaatha polthinum
Nenjagam nainthu ninaymin naalthorum
Vanjagam atradi vaalthe vantha kuttru
Anja udaythana, anju elluthume ...

Chittan's voice echoes through Annamalai's mind, his eyes brimming with tears.
"Annamalai, great danger awaits you at the Sanggu Thiruvizha ... the Thiruvizha has been disrupted once, and you must make sure it does not happen again ... Invoke Lord Annamalaiyar for only His Divine grace will save both you and the Thiruvizha ..."

Images flash thorugh Annamalai's mind ... a temple procession in full swing ... oil-lamps flickering in the ancient Sanggu Mandapam ... a ritual at the temple pond ... the pond's waters tainted with blood ... two gun-shots ring out ...

The final words of the Thevaram resound ...
Anju elluthume ... Nama Sivaya ...

THODARUM ...

nirosha sen
20th February 2005, 09:33 AM
Chittan and Kovil Patti are in the basement of the temple complex and are in a deep game of "Dhayam"! As Patti throws yet another round of the cuboid shaped dices, she heaves a heavy sigh....

Chittan asks, "Yinnium oru Pothir-ah"

Kovil Patti answers, "Ammam, athuno-de vidai kudiya sikirum theriyum"!!

Chittan asks, "Thaayi, how near are Annamalai's enemies now"????

Kovil Patti looks at him long, and almost immediately Chittan's eyes widens in comprehension and nods his head. Yes, she mustn't leave Alwarkurichi again........

Thoduram......

annamalaiar
25th February 2005, 03:57 PM
Chief Inspector Anbalagan examines the forged documents carefully.
He asks the expert, "These documents are definitely forgeries?"
The expert replies, "There is no doubt about that, inspector."
"Hmmm... okay then, you can go," says Anbalagan, dismissing him.
After the expert leaves, Anbalagan stares ahead, thinking back to that fateful day when, after Annamalai informed him of his sister's fatal poisoning, he had rushed to Tamilarasi's house, only to discover two badly-burnt bodies. He had cremated the body he assumed was Tamilarasi's and spread her ashes in the Ganges. Now he was beginning to have serious doubts on whether the body had indeed been that of his sister...
Nambi and Jansi visit the doctor for her monthly check-up.
They are delighted when the doctor informs them of the results of the scan.
"Your wife is expecting twins," says the doctor.
"Intha kutti pattanikku rettay kolenthaye?" teases Nambi.
Jansi blushes, and says, "Why don't we call Amma and tell her the good news? I want her to be the first to know."
Nambi agrees and hands her his cellphone.
At Annamalaiyar Veedu in Alwakurucchi, Annamalai picks up the ringing phone.
She is delighted to hear the good news, and reminds both Nambi and Jansi to come to the Sanggu Thiruvizha in a fortnight's time.
She calls for Thavasi and hands the phone to him.
While he is congratulating the couple, she looks out the window, and sees someone she never expected to see in Alwakurucchi ...

THODARUM ...

nirosha sen
26th February 2005, 02:13 PM
The intruder at Tamil's house hears sounds from the upstairs room and freezes for a second with thoughts of an immediate flight from the scene. But curious despite himself, he decides to check out the source of the sound!

Besides, didn't he just witness Tamil running like a scared rabbit into that white car????? And what about any other occupants in the house???? Where is that khaki chattai kaaran, that tall cop who was last seen entering the premises??? As he pondered these questions, he smelled a strong odour of kerosene emanating from above and the sounds of movement........

Thoduram.....

annamalaiar
27th February 2005, 09:07 PM
Meanwhile in Chennai,

Shanti is busy at Siva Granites' office complex.
She hears a knock on the door, and says "Come in."
Her brother Gomathinayagam enters the office.
"Thanggachi, nalla irrukiriya?"
Shanti merely glances at him.
"Aren't you happy to see me?" he asks.
"Shouldn't you be with your wife and son in Alwakurucchi?" she asks him in return.
"Never mind them, why didn't you reconcile with Ulaganathan and live the rest of your life with him peacefully?"
"I already told you, I have no wish to be reunited with that crook... and neither does Annamalai."
"Annamalai, Annamalai. Must you always run after her?"
Shanti looks up from the paperwork.
"Don't you think you deserve a life of your own? With Ulaganathan?" continues Gomathi.

Unbeknownst to them, Meenatchi is just outside the office, listening in to their conversation ...

THODARUM ...

nirosha sen
2nd March 2005, 07:56 AM
As the intruder pondered, he heard muffled voices from above. That pushed his adrenalin further as he loped over the steps, two at time, and stood on the landing, undecided which way to go. Then he heard, another muffled sound coming from a room on his left!

Stealthily, he tip-toed to the door and found it slightly ajar. As he contained his fear and anxiety, he slowly took a peek into the room. His eyes widened with even more fear as he saw Welding Raja and what he was doing!!

Welding Raja, so intent on finishing off the job that he was compelled to under the circumstances, completely was unaware of the curious onlooker at the door! He had both his hands around Moonampirai and was strangling her with all his might! Fighting him hard and gasping for air, Moon. flailed her arms abt hoping to unseat him from above her. But slowly, the fight went out of her with her last breath and she slumped onto the floor in a dead heap!

Not stopping to check her pulse or anything, Welding Raja looked around and found the half-empty kerosene can and liberally doused Moonampirai and Santhanam's bodies! Searching for Santhanam's pockets he soon found his lighter. With a flick of the thumb, a lone flame burned bright from the lighter, which Raja threw on Santhanam with all the hatred he had harboured for so long against the corrupt cop!!

Flames, quickly spread bright and hot as they claimed first the clothes and then the two bodies of Santhanam and Moon. and soon turned into a acrid smelling bonfire!!

Not waiting another minute, the intruder quickly ran out of the house, shocked out of his skull at what he had witnessed! Soon after, Raja too stealthily let himself out of the back door before vaulting the wall behind and disappeared into the bushes!

As the two bodies burned, acrid smoke began to suffuse and cloud the room and the rest of the house beyond. Into this horror, Insp. Anbalagan who had been tearing his way thru traffic, to reach his dying sister, pounds on the locked doors and prises loose an outside window only to be greeted with the charred bodies of a man and a woman..........

Thoduram........

annamalaiar
5th March 2005, 07:53 AM
Meenatchi eavesdrops on Shanthi and Gomathinayagam's conversation from outside the Siva Granites manager's office.
She had followed Gomathi from the hospital to the office upon Ulaganathan's request.
She listens intently for Shanthi's reply to Gomathi's question:
"Don't you think you deserve a life of your own? With Ulaganathan?"

"A life of my own, yes ... but not with that crook Ulaganathan!" replies Shanthi to her brother's queries.
"Well then, it is completely up to you... if you wish to ruin your own future, I can't do anything about it..." says Gomathi sadly.
"Anyway, I'm off to visit Ulagu at the hospital ... are you coming?"
Shanthi's icy glare silences him, and he quickly excuses himself and leaves the office.
Meenatchi quickly retreats just before Gomathi exits. She gets into her car and drives off hurriedly.
Both of them don't see Shanthi's thoughtful expression.
Gomathi arrives at the Government Hospital. As he goes into the corridor where Ulaganathan's room is, he sees the back of a young lady pushing a man in a wheelchair at the far end of the hall.
Taking no notice of this, he goes into Ulaganathan's room, only to find it empty ...
He rushes to a nurse and asks her where the patient is...
"He was just only discharged ... he went off with a young woman down the hall..."
Gomathi rushes down the corridor, but there is no sign of Ulagu ...
THODARUM ...