PDA

View Full Version : Television

Pages : 1 2 [3]

VENKIRAJA
11th August 2012, 08:40 PM
As far as I've read in the threads, I haven't seen a mention about the brilliant music.
Somebody well-versed with American radio hits and all, please post a list of tracks used in the series. Or maybe the best ones?
That Espanol piece, especially:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0bJyr_67PA

"The one homie that dislike this is dead, he just doesn't know it yet."

kid-glove
11th August 2012, 09:07 PM
Nerd,
Point was to make sense of it all How MM's fabric works and how BB works. 'Far Away Places' is all kinds of awesome in terms of shifts and visual pleasures (both aspects BB have loads to offer, in its tour-de-force exponential arc. So when you don't pay attention to the graph in beginning, then you'd never catch it. so yes in a way, it requires one to 'care for' in its muted beginnings, when processed fully reveals that it's not muted at all.), but again very much part of the fabric I'm reluctant to mindlessly adulate, it deserves that pause and guarded appreciation. Because here again, the style is aestheticized, this unified mode of stylistics appreciated (mine included for the standards being maintained), but it doesn't work for the thematics. And liberating of Peggy (the only real feminine point of interest for me, considering the rest are all coordinated to the coda) is turned in to pleasing of the stranger. But of course, in every negation of the act, there's a pleasing in a more 'empowering' kind of way, but again, is this to say she's actually a repressed being. Roger's and Drapper's could be framed into Sathya_1979's 'system is functioning as expected'. So yes, I'd continue to shoehorn it into a problematic style in both visual, narrative and thematic choices. What interests me here, is apart from the obvious parallels in contrasts (for story telling), is in the documentary aspects. Mapping of the LSD experience to class and manners, as a documentation, to the wider post-Woodstock access in late 60's and early 70's (mapped by films of this period, Roger Corman, Dennis Hopper, Peter fonda, and Bob Rafelson).

Nerd
12th August 2012, 09:28 PM
I categorically disagree w.r.to Mad Men. On BB, thanks. I see your point and as I said earlier, I don't have anything to offer even in terms of criticisms because I have not seen enough. Will definitely go back to watching it again. Nest meet panren.

kid-glove
13th August 2012, 01:26 AM
I categorically disregard disagreements.

kid-glove
13th August 2012, 01:30 AM
Can't wait for tonight's episode, titled as ever with thematic weight, "Dead Freight"..

ajithfederer
13th August 2012, 12:16 PM
Dead Freight :bow: :bow:

SoftSword
13th August 2012, 02:48 PM
SS, jump to S5 already :lol:

no no, when something is good, i would love enjoy every bit and never want it to end...
s04e06 done :oops: weekend busy...

ajithfederer
13th August 2012, 02:51 PM
http://media.amctv.com/photo-gallery/BB-S5-Episode-Photos/episode-5-jesse-walt-todd.jpg

Leaving out all the story, the performances and other parameters of making a movie what i like the most of in BB is how they film/show action on screen. No BS. No taking the viewer for granted.

Sid_316
13th August 2012, 03:01 PM
http://media.amctv.com/photo-gallery/BB-S5-Episode-Photos/episode-5-jesse-walt-todd.jpg

Leaving out all the story, the performances and other parameters of making a movie what i like the most of in BB is how they film/show action on screen. No BS. No taking the viewer for granted.

Exactly. All other popular series tend to hit rock bottom in this aspect. Prison break for EG became a perarasu action movie in the 3rd and the 4th season.

SoftSword
13th August 2012, 03:28 PM
i dono to compare as i have not much of the rest...
but the action sequences in BB were MB...

for instance, in the fly episode where walter accidentally falls from the top on a cylindrical metal tank and from there to the ground... so real... but only till that... i was only surprised to see no blood and he was up and working...

kid-glove
13th August 2012, 03:39 PM
Cylindrical surphace wouldn't cause any cuts to the body. There's a minor bulge that's visible. cuts on Walt's face is reflected and carried on to subsequent episode really well..

I'm more than impressed, maybe even 'floored' by sound design and visual palette of BB

SoftSword
13th August 2012, 03:43 PM
ya cut is ok, but an oldman of 50+ falling off from that height on to a metal tank and bouncing back to the ground on his face.. with not even a crack in his spectacles..
btw, i know this sounds like nitpicking... so let me stop here and speak abt what i came to say... ya... the actions scenes were unbelievably believable...

kid-glove
13th August 2012, 03:58 PM
Isn't the shot itself constructed from a long pan, then tracked on to Walter. So there you go, Plausibles. It's all done in the shot, no added effect, is there?

kid-glove
13th August 2012, 04:33 PM
'Action' in BB..

The gas/chemical explosions matched by a simple strangling in the basement.

Jesse/Walt vs Tuco/Hector :notworthy:

Cartel violence (indelibly registered flashback and modern day vengeance). Hank/DEA-related violence as a message & extent of depravity, in particular something on a moving tortoise :lol:

(non-verbal) Brothers and their legend in general, with the 'folk' ritual 'The Searchers'-like depiction, the Mexicans, for the most part, are muted from Hector and Cousins both literally and otherwise, they are the true 'Other'. Across the border, subsumed evil on level of Javier Bardem in NCFOM. The suspension is carried, to the 'hit', where the SMS is the 'pause'. The Fring-ed detour to Hank and the encounter in the car park. The audience are put in to discomfort, with immediacy of the action..

The urgency towards end of "Breaking bad" Season 4, is in its patterns and designs, not one to one, is one to n; n to one. It's not draughts, it's Chess. Jesse vs Walt.. (these cuts are carried over, plausibly, to the subsequent episodes)

Mike's action sequence(s), you'll find out, is very much staged like a late 60's/early 70's Boorman/Yates flick.

Above all, Heisenberg as a dark mythic figure, in all-Blacks, in the 'Western' territory. The baren landscape of Alburquque, as Pasolini would typify & countless other Westerns had explore, is no more deserted than one's house, or solititude of one's own soul. The numerous possibilities of endless space, where they're attired to not mask, but reveal their demoned soul. WW has already crossed with Fring (who again 'reveals' himself, the real him), Mike nearly crashes on to him this season.. The Truel scenario hasn't yet assumed itself, because Jesse is made to crawl, crouch, kneel and protect WW, who will be gradually unawared of this.

SoftSword
13th August 2012, 04:53 PM
the crawling ritual scenes, though were made seriously, i could not stop thinkin of 'thedinen vandhadhu' as i already did mention... unintentionally funny for me... apart from that, i never felt rooted for them as i am not very convinced with what brought them into the story essentially... jus that tuco mentions, 'my cousins are on the way'... how is that important for them to take revenge on the ones who directly/indirectly killed tuco... what tuco means to them... etc., or maybe i could not get the insight of their characters... i am just speakin from how it works for me...

and the tortoise episode...
was that tortoise bomb arranged targetting hank? if not, who?
and the twins are associated/? with the other tortoise-gifting-guy who was later killed by gus's men?

kid-glove
13th August 2012, 05:41 PM
kadhaiya olunga parkureengala illaiya..
http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Tortuga

As for twins avenging Tuco's death, idhu enna kelvi? :lol2:

Perusu (Hector) thaanE ellarayum valakkuraaru.. Perusu'ku odambu nalla irukkum bOdhu, Cartel'la periya thagudhi ullavar.. Caporegime, not Consiglieri, isn't this also clearly established in the flashback. Hector does what the Don wants to do. He does not advice the Don. Illaina Fring Hector-a uttu vechu iruppaara..

kid-glove
13th August 2012, 05:50 PM
I'd any way suggest you to finish the 4th season and catch up with us, before you read the detailed synopsis.

SoftSword
13th August 2012, 05:51 PM
:oops: andha turtle head episode mattum konjam kolappamaave irunch... i was thinkin on the lines of hank killed tuco, so it was a trick to shift him to el paso etc etc., so totally screwed it up... thanks... and wat a link that was..

wizzy
13th August 2012, 07:52 PM
Dead Freight :bow: :bow:

wow just wow..best show of this season..nothing really stops this Walt train.. Lydia interrogation was nicely done and Mike's one liners were :lol:

sample this

Everyone sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head.

and Lydia's gall to ask for a percentage :lol2:

I knew something was amiss about this Todd guy..first he broke Mike's no q's rule and this final act to follow it up..suffice to say Walt has found a replacement for Mike-the enforcer in him..donno what gives with all those close up shots of Holly :(

Mike's action sequence(s), you'll find out, is very much staged like a late 60's/early 70's Boorman/Yates flick.

its all spaghetti western in this episode.

ajithfederer
13th August 2012, 07:53 PM
Action scenes in BB: I mean the clever use of Science in BB. Full of spoilers...

1. The first cook in the van gone wrong when Krazy88 are intoxiated by poisonous fumes.
2. The bath tub acid drowning.
3. Killing Krazy88(??) around the pillar.
4. Hank/Tuco shootout.
5. Tuco beating the shit out of his own guy.
6. Tuco/heisenberg meet
7. ATM on a guy's head.
8. The Kid killin the fat guy dealer(Jesse's friend)
9. Tortuga's Murder (Head severed and killing DEA's in a tortoise bomb0
10. The mid air collision
11. Walt runnin over 2 dealers/
12. Cousin's 3rd season epic truck blowout.
13. Gus walkin into open sniper fire.
14. Hank/Cousins parking lot shootout . My fav :bow:
15. Jesse killin Gale
16. The whole sequence from Hank trailing the RV and Walt calling Saul for help.
17. Hank beating Up jesse :lol:
18. Gus killin victor
19. Cartel's random attacks on Gus's crew.
20. Gus killin cartel crew.
21. Hector /walt killin Gus.

P.S: Jesse/walt physical fights in all seasons. And there are some elaborate heists and jamming police work stuff in there too.

There might have some scenes i have missed. Show me this variety elsewhere. And use of clever methods ricin in a cigarette, pipe bomb and lily of the valley.

ajithfederer
13th August 2012, 07:57 PM
I want one more full season man. 11 more episodes ain't gonna cut it. I want a full fledged 13 episode season next year.

wizzy
13th August 2012, 08:14 PM
VG is clever enough to know when to pull the plug..extending it to yet another full season will kill the goose imo..
even though the heist was riveting/edgy the scene(buildup+act) seemed a tad hasty/rushed when you look back @ BB pace of unraveling things.

wizzy
13th August 2012, 09:51 PM
Walt seems unfazed :-)

http://i48.tinypic.com/346qb6w.png

Sid_316
13th August 2012, 10:07 PM
The quality of every episode :clap: The makers of breaking bad :bow:

kid-glove
13th August 2012, 11:37 PM
Todd = Walt's subconscious Id, without Ego & Super-Ego (Jesse and Mike)

Wizzy,

This is no Western. This is primal H-G Clouzot, 'Wages of Fear' kinda Sweaty ordeal.. And Mike is in the fringes here, sir.

This, and the dead battery episode where WW makes up a hand-made one with screws and scraps as anode-cathode - I'd be missing this show when it ends. But its epic sweep deserves a closure. VG wouldn't just end it

kid-glove
13th August 2012, 11:46 PM
Meant to say VG wouldn't just extend it.

Thought the soundtrack/musical choices didn't work here, for the suspense atmospherics..

kid-glove
13th August 2012, 11:56 PM
Maybe Todd's some kind of agency implant, to work with Mike, who has a history with CIA?

We do know CIA vs DEA in protection of narcotics pipeline, in logistics, mechanics and witness protection, to cover their bases. This of course extends all over Americas, maybe even Chile. Maybe Fring isn't involved for or against Pinochet's government in military junta activities, maybe he's no Chilean, and is African-American. Mike's maybe not a 'beat cop', and had a covert background. And is how they've known each other, and both in unison, wipe their history? Doesn't Mike say that explicitly to Fring, that the database doesn't hold his Chilean history (because he is not a Citizen at all?) and there's only a record post-Mexico. I'd expect more of this. And we haven't got to Herr Schuler, and the German Conglomerate here. The racial sweep and mystery of Mike, Schuler and Fring suggests a lot of interesting possibilities.

kid-glove
14th August 2012, 12:59 AM
A mini-response in Twitter...

Just so everyone's clear, my problem with last night's BB isn't that the show is "suddenly" implausible. To say so is straw man-ism.

Isn't it a natural progression? Belongs to the narrative universe, Walt's planned poisoning of the child, the Id, Mike's blind eye towards Fring killing the child, is the Ego. Only Jesse truly represents the 'super ego' here..In amoral world of narcotics, it's sometimes better to map immorality to the barren landscape, children are bottled tarantula.

And apart from the musical choices (slightly upbeat like action set-piece than to suspend it like a Clouzot), it's v. fine.

ajithfederer
14th August 2012, 10:25 AM
UI know i know it is just wishful thinking.

Train heist-ae evvalavu neram thaan kaata mudiyum. It's good that they decided to siphon only 1000 gallons of that lot.

VG is clever enough to know when to pull the plug..extending it to yet another full season will kill the goose imo..
even though the heist was riveting/edgy the scene(buildup+act) seemed a tad hasty/rushed when you look back @ BB pace of unraveling things.

wizzy
14th August 2012, 10:55 AM
And Mike is in the fringes here, sir.

if the next episode promos are to be believed Mike is being tailed by DEA so Todd will play much bigger role in upcoming episodes :)

Maybe Todd's some kind of agency implant, to work with Mike, who has a history with CIA?

can't see a implant doing what he did...if anything Walt's fingerprints whilst bugging Hank's office will comeback to bite him.

The racial sweep and mystery of Mike, Schuler and Fring suggests a lot of interesting possibilities.

also Mike's family/Lydia's daughter speaking/learning Spanish are still under the purview of mystery.

AF, was expecting a bit more detail wrt heist setup knowing BB's penchant for it and the insider podcast has confirmed the edits :neutral:

ajithfederer
14th August 2012, 11:06 AM
They have to finish the heist within this episode(47 mins) that includes ideation, planning, and the execution. I don't know how many of you know but AMC is a stingy bugger which spends most of their money on Mad MEN.

ajithfederer
14th August 2012, 11:06 AM
And you have to stop reading spoilers before/after episodes :lol:

kid-glove
14th August 2012, 11:17 AM
Todd as a implant for CIA or some rogue agency that protected drug pipelines with state/nation capital, historically. The same agency to link Mike, Fring and Schuler. The Kid is a collateral damage as these agencies are trained to be. Have you seen The American?

I'd rather have a GTA kind of morality where the system is inherently corrupted..

wizzy
14th August 2012, 11:20 AM
^yam immune to spoilers :lol2: with Todd breaking bad may be he will shave his head too and keep up with show's symmetry of skinheads ;-)

kid-glove
14th August 2012, 11:32 AM
Would be fun to have another Clean Shaven head around.
We need someone on Walt's side, to lay the seedlings to the Walt-Jesse split-up we'd expected. Mike's snigger when Jesse speaks of Walt in complimentary terms, upstairs, the camera pans down to the basement with the Walt. From Snipper attack to Cartel payback, Mike-Jesse is being hounded together. Maybe this is no Truel, the permutations and combinations. If you also take in to consideration, Hank & Lydia.

wizzy
14th August 2012, 11:45 AM
k-g, Todd bears an uncanny resemblance to Matt Daemon adhukaga tying him with CIA like agency is pushing it a tad...I see him as a new recruit trying impress his bosses by being overtly submissive and strictly adhering to the instruction of leaving no loose ends..on combinations Jesse always seem to cover up for Lydia and with Walt being cheesed off with the Mike's idea of hazard pay which is in line with Lydia wanting to bump off Gus's men..do you see something brewing here//

wizzy
14th August 2012, 11:54 AM
wtf phone autocorects Damon to Daemon :lol:

kid-glove
14th August 2012, 11:55 AM
I don't really like Damon. But in deed, I'm just figuring out possibilities that would enrich BB to beyond narrative and moral concerns. Something politico-ideological would enhance it more, but we'd also know that;s not the primary concern of the show. It's a psychological drama first and foremost. I'm trying to make sense of Mike-Fring-Schuler, so fitting him in to it. I'm pretty sure the writers hadn't made sense of who Todd really could be, when they finished writing this episode. In a sense, they let the characters govern the plot, not the plot to govern the characters. Backstory will emerge, thematics will emerge, permutations will open up, everything will factor in.

Yes, Jesse covers up for Lydia, because he fits into a needy SuperEgo type who has a moral prism where the women/children take utmost primacy (from ATM episode till date), he prefers to be a sexist than be truly broken bad here.

Seeing that Walt has the priceless commodity that no other has, 'access' to DEA, I do see dangerous possibilities of Walt-Lydia with Hank as the cogwheel, Mike has to watch out..

SoftSword
14th August 2012, 04:37 PM
so am not supposed to read this page until am done with s04?

ajithfederer
14th August 2012, 05:46 PM
Berta - Pt3 :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FevzE_X2u7E&feature=related

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/24600000/Two-and-a-Half-Men-two-and-a-half-men-24621700-1280-800.jpg

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/23000000/Berta-two-and-a-half-men-23012485-1024-768.png

wizzy
14th August 2012, 08:19 PM
I'm pretty sure the writers hadn't made sense of who Todd really could be, when they finished writing this episode. In a sense, they let the characters govern the plot, not the plot to govern the characters. Backstory will emerge, thematics will emerge, permutations will open up, everything will factor in.

Tod in German translates to 'death' :)

Todd's act reedit<major spoiler>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aNWAiq0hcg

ajithfederer
15th August 2012, 07:21 PM
Speculating that the Good Samaritan is the dead kid's father. Face has uncanny resemblances.

SoftSword
15th August 2012, 07:24 PM
irungayya... jus in s05e02... will catch u all..

kid-glove
15th August 2012, 07:28 PM
Good Samaritan's not white, the child seems dead white. I mean a thoroughly white child..

ajithfederer
15th August 2012, 08:03 PM
My Gut-instinct definitely related. The kid look(s) multi-descent to me.

wizzy
16th August 2012, 11:22 AM
family time

http://i48.tinypic.com/34zdm2s.jpg

ajithfederer
16th August 2012, 09:33 PM
The Heist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfeB2GwOaXM

ajithfederer
16th August 2012, 10:59 PM
Engayya Sid??. Vandhutaanya Dexter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obecvm3sV7Y&feature=g-u-u

ajithfederer
16th August 2012, 11:28 PM
Our fav Mottai's Moonu Emmy's:
2008:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B49NTTnE-ok&feature=related

2009:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC35MFSWA38&feature=related

2010:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZGdsJGEuS0&feature=related

Jesse: Yaay Bitch!!! Hatrick !!!

John Hamm, Michael C Hall, Hugh Laurie - Three times they have been nominated/lost. :shock:

ajithfederer
16th August 2012, 11:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDpP48EPE6k

Jesse's Emmy. Both cranston and jesse profusely praise Gilli :clap:

ajithfederer
16th August 2012, 11:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fXE1bL8Ny8&feature=related

Cranston on Conan from last year. Cranston responds that DEA Chemists are the consultants for this show and they showed the crew exactly how to make that blue crystal meth. :lol: :clap:. And then he distributes that stuff on show.

Nerd
17th August 2012, 06:42 PM
Finally finished all 5 seasons of Mad Men. Apart from Betty's transformation, I dint like one other thing - Kinsey / Lakshmi episode. So meh. At least Betty had a beautiful ending to this season.

Anyway apart from these, perfect. Mad Men and Draper for Emmy :yes:

SoftSword
17th August 2012, 06:55 PM
kamaan guys... paatthachu...
shoulder to shoulder now...

enakkum doubt on todd... also guessing that the boy, killing is all a drama...

wizzy
17th August 2012, 07:08 PM
you mean bomma thuppakki type drama :roll:

SoftSword
17th August 2012, 07:12 PM
maybe ya...
we can know about that if the body goes into the hydroflouric soup...

SoftSword
17th August 2012, 07:38 PM
foiler:
what is the rationale behind walt poisoning the kid?

ajithfederer
17th August 2012, 10:05 PM
Walt needed to surprise-attack gus. He needed vital info on where Gus could be attacked. But at that time Jesse and Gus had a very good working relationship. So to get Jesse on his side he needed to do something bloody awful but at the same time convict Gus for the Blame. Since both Jesse/walt know that earlier Gus was indirectly involved in a child's murder Walt went with that idea.

ajithfederer
18th August 2012, 12:32 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/celebritology/post/breaking-bad-coincidence-alert-real-meth-cook-named-walter-white-wanted-by-police/2012/08/17/0289362c-e869-11e1-8487-64e4b2a79ba8_blog.html

ajithfederer
18th August 2012, 04:19 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/599381_483785274965435_280687579_n.jpg

Finally finished all 5 seasons of Mad Men. Apart from Betty's transformation, I dint like one other thing - Kinsey / Lakshmi episode. So meh. At least Betty had a beautiful ending to this season.

Anyway apart from these, perfect. Mad Men and Draper for Emmy :yes:

kid-glove
18th August 2012, 04:23 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl2:

Nerd
18th August 2012, 07:25 PM
http://gifsoup.com/view3/1472652/puke-o.gif

kid-glove
18th August 2012, 09:59 PM
Hey that's my GIF :lol2:

ajithfederer
19th August 2012, 02:02 PM
Nerd :lol:. jk ya. Continuing on Action scenes in S1E7 (A No Rough stuff Type Deal) Jesse and Walt go to a n industrial facility to steal methylamine. Jesse questions as how he thinks about breaking a big ass lock in the facility there. Walt then introduces us to Thermite welding and talks about the Gustav Gun(which weighs more than 1000 tonnes) from WW2 which was used by the Germans to attack targets even 20+ miles away. It can even fire a 7 tonne shell. But this thermite can destroy even that.

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVjB00K_J3vZfd6fbqERQQF6StDpCk3 QbikShVM8RfCHP_QXMlng
The methyl amine heist scene is done clumsily but eventually jess/walt escape.

Figuratively speaking, I've learned more science in an interesting way from watching this than in School. BB rocks.

kid-glove
19th August 2012, 02:57 PM
They don't teach some of this stuff in school for a reason..

wizzy
19th August 2012, 03:30 PM
some one has put up a review for Buy-out :lol:

http://www.tvovermind.com/breaking-bad/advanced-review-breaking-bad-5-06-buyout/

ajithfederer
19th August 2012, 05:39 PM
Ricin : S2E1 (737)
http://www.bioprepwatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Castor_beans.jpg

http://img.ehowcdn.com/article-new/ehow/images/a06/0b/pm/toxin-castor-beans-800x800.jpg

http://img.ehowcdn.com/article-new/ehow/images/a06/fg/du/poison-castor-beans-800x800.jpg

SoftSword
20th August 2012, 01:03 AM
any links for buyout ??

ajithfederer
20th August 2012, 11:46 AM
See CC

ajithfederer
20th August 2012, 12:10 PM
Show is heading in new ways. Good stuff. :thumbsup:

SoftSword
20th August 2012, 02:30 PM
thanks af... first time watchin the episode hot...

kid-glove
20th August 2012, 11:26 PM
Now that everything is considered more of a 'collateral damage', something as vicariously damaging, is going to be danger territory for the conclusive period. This isn't a crime drama, it's a morality epic with stench ramifications as a Doestoevsky.

This is beyond acting, it's being...

http://p.twimg.com/A0wSrC0CAAElMnL.jpg

SoftSword
21st August 2012, 01:40 AM
lol... the best is the family dinner :rotfl: @ jesse..

anbu_kathir
21st August 2012, 07:16 PM
The "empire" business? What the $@#%. Finally I have begun to completely loathe Walt and sympathise with Skyler. Great going, VG and others!

SoftSword
21st August 2012, 07:18 PM
same here... i stopped feeling for walt... but skyler, no... she is annoying... dono if she represents all wives in general :)
i am guessing the climax is gonna be jessie killin walt...

ajithfederer
21st August 2012, 07:33 PM
Hope that winning idea is a great heist + few dead bodies + a chase + rivetting action scene ala (one minute + face off) covering two remaining episodes. And yes finally walt smashing everybody and winning :twisted:

anbu_kathir
21st August 2012, 07:37 PM
In the last two episodes, I guess she's not so much annoying. She is surely doing the right thing by keeping the kids away from Walt, who seems little but a monster now. It feels good to see Walt getting pissed by her. I won't be surprised if by some turn of events she turns the gun on him at some point (of course, the reverse scenario is only all too possible).

kid-glove
21st August 2012, 07:43 PM
I'd also like a GTA like morality.

SoftSword
21st August 2012, 07:54 PM
how is it in GTA?

kid-glove
21st August 2012, 08:05 PM
Adhukooda theriyadha? Like what Stan stays

SoftSword
21st August 2012, 08:25 PM
avlo gnaanam ellam illainga... naan thozhilukku pudhusu...

ok, lets start a bb thread and run a poll there.. whom do u want to be killed in the climax..

ajithfederer
21st August 2012, 08:26 PM
GTA is grand theft auto, ss.

SoftSword
21st August 2012, 08:32 PM
af... ya i googled it... but dono what happens it that...

wizzy
21st August 2012, 09:08 PM
-'Ricky Hitler there shot him' :lol:
-Todd's uncle with prison connection=Mike's replacement=connections to distribution :roll:
-Walt whistling just like yet another day in office :clap: if this doesn't drill some sense to Jesse..nothing would
-Walt did a Gus by inviting Jesse for a dinner @ his home and his efforts to guilt trip Jesse and the entire 'Grey Matter' angle for Walt's empire business :thumbsup:
-Jesse trying his best to break the ice was hilarious :-D

http://i.imgur.com/vlefP.gif

and finally 'everybody wins' emmy pliss :bow:

http://i.minus.com/iftcq9c21sa3m.gif

Wishes

-Walt either gonna trap Mike to DEA with Saul's help or least get him gunned by Phoenix guys
-Walt's watch taking him down.
-Skyler's fate

http://i45.tinypic.com/b6vafa.jpg

http://oi48.tinypic.com/6ny3gg.jpg

you're damn right..whoa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yufaTmc6xOs&feature=plcp

ajithfederer
21st August 2012, 09:34 PM
Abso-freakin-lutely. Clue-ae illama irukkan. Connect the dots idiot. Drew-Brock-shoot-poison. Jeez that's plain simple man.

-Walt whistling just like yet another day in office if this doesn't drill some sense to Jesse..nothing would

And Yes Walter is DEAD. WHAT WE SEE IS ONLY HEISENBERG,

kid-glove
21st August 2012, 09:54 PM
Walt is being true to himself when he says what he says to Jesse. Although this would have certain repercussions in future, it's one of the 'true moments' for Walt with another human being, for some time now. That why Walt is thinking the way he is, is perfectly graphed here.

wizzy
21st August 2012, 10:13 PM
it's one of the 'true moments' for Walt

concur..but what was the need to tell Jeese now :huh:..with Skyler taking the kids away the facade of 'doing it all for family' is well and truly put to shred and the entire 'empire business' seems much more than just his ego trip/Hisenberg taking over..your thots

SoftSword
21st August 2012, 10:27 PM
eventhough we know about his grudge on the greymatter, i really cannot buy the tranformation of 'i do this all for my family' to 'i want to build an empire'...

kid-glove
21st August 2012, 10:35 PM
He does confide in Jesse, always wants to, but he knows Jesse will never forgive if he reveals it all.

Even in 'The Fly', he wavers and quivers , ultimately does not entirely reveal the hand in OD-ing GF. But you see that there's a thing for Jesse in Walt's head. Doesn't Walt save Jesse at a crucial juncture with Fring's men as well? The BB writers make the distinction that Walt's nuanced being and their relationship dialectical, than just serving the plot.

It's a bit like Vidheyan, when Mammootty would share all his intimate details to his slave but still exercise his power.

And the need for the empire, he puts it very clearly, 'his' missed opportunity, Gray Matter. Here's where I think Heisenberg is Walt, Walt is Heisenberg, but the Walt of a year ago isn't the 'same' Walt, a year later, we will see another, but one with density of transformation. Even Blue Meth has the texture of white. If it's true that Walt is in danger zone, but can we truly take the Walt out of him fully? It's because of the past, that we truly perceive the danger, this is where a near-flat slope like Scarface fails.

wizzy
21st August 2012, 11:26 PM
i really cannot buy the tranformation
take the respect/power/pride which comes with being the 'Kingpin' away..Walt is left with absolutely nothing..money is just an excuse to continue cooking.

he knows Jesse will never forgive if he reveals it all.

with Walt wielding so much power what Jesse could possibly do if he get to know all in the next episode..even Skyler has resigned to her fate after Walt let 'IFT' out to Marie.
Also, did you notice Todd calling him 'Mr.White' :lol2:

how people change :neutral:

http://i50.tinypic.com/23v0v8k.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/edmk9.jpg

wizzy
21st August 2012, 11:32 PM
for Seinfeldards..Dean Norris as George :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2qtWelWw-o

kid-glove
21st August 2012, 11:36 PM
The events conspire with a complex set of incidents and accidents. Can't say it's all Walt who is into a thoroughly free-willed transformation, but can't say it's entirely deterministic. This balance is hard to make, but BB establishes it with authority.

kid-glove
21st August 2012, 11:42 PM
I hate laughter tracks. But this is a wonderful mock satire of sitcoms with laughter tracks.

SoftSword
22nd August 2012, 02:50 AM
for Seinfeldards..Dean Norris as George :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2qtWelWw-o

i really really enjoyed this dinner sequence...
first the idea of bringing jessie home... second, introducing him to cryler... third, 'i say stay'... and jessies reactions :lol:

wizzy
22nd August 2012, 11:20 AM
Walt's transformation over the seasons with a gun put against him

http://i48.tinypic.com/23vi5w4.jpg

SoftSword
22nd August 2012, 03:26 PM
u did this huh? brilliant character study...
would be interesting to see his tranformation while dealing with cryler..

wizzy
22nd August 2012, 05:02 PM
nope from reddit :-P

ajithfederer
23rd August 2012, 08:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JRDtj4n6to&feature=g-user-u

Breaking Bad received 13 Emmy nominations for Season 4 (2012 Emmys Awards air September 23). List of Emmy nominations below:

1. Outstanding Drama Series
2. Outstanding Directing in a Drama Series (Vince Gilligan, "Face Off")
3. Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series (Bryan Cranston, "Crawl Space")
4. Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series (Aaron Paul, "End Times")
5. Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series (Giancarlo Esposito, "Hermanos")
6. Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series (Anna Gunn, "Cornered")
7. Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series (Mark Margolis, "Face Off")
8. Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series ("End Times")
9. Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series ("Face Off")
10. Outstanding Cinematography for a One Hour Series ("Face Off")
11. Outstanding Sound Editing for a Series ("Face Off")
12. Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Series ("Face Off")
13. Outstanding Special Visual Effects in a Supporting Role ("Face Off")

Buy Breaking Bad Season 4 on BluRay: http://amzn.to/O7Q8Qa

ajithfederer
23rd August 2012, 08:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16NtVDLcP9U&feature=channel&list=UL

Another 1 min promo - Breaking Bad 5x07 Sneak Peek "Say My Name"

ajithfederer
23rd August 2012, 08:53 AM
http://www.gq.com/entertainment/tv/blogs/the-stream/2012/08/breaking-bads-jonathan-banks-on-playing-our-favorite-deadpan-hitman-mike-caution-spoiler-alerts.html

ajithfederer
23rd August 2012, 08:57 AM
GQ: When does production on the final eight episodes begin?
Jonathan Banks: November.

Read More http://www.gq.com/entertainment/tv/blogs/the-stream/2012/08/breaking-bads-jonathan-banks-on-playing-our-favorite-deadpan-hitman-mike-caution-spoiler-alerts.html#ixzz24KuhQbpm

ajithfederer
23rd August 2012, 08:58 AM
GQ: Having said that, have you found an uptick in job offers since you've been on Breaking Bad?
Jonathan Banks: Yeah. They're coming because of word of mouth and the DVD sales, there are a lot of people who know it and like it so much, and that's so nice. So after all these years, I'm still chugging along.

Read More http://www.gq.com/entertainment/tv/blogs/the-stream/2012/08/breaking-bads-jonathan-banks-on-playing-our-favorite-deadpan-hitman-mike-caution-spoiler-alerts.html#ixzz24KuvJBxs

God bless TV. And when the show is syndicated AMC is sure to make Millions.

VENKIRAJA
24th August 2012, 11:45 PM
HBO's Game of Thrones, anybody?

kid-glove
24th August 2012, 11:47 PM
Yep...

kid-glove
24th August 2012, 11:52 PM
Watching 'The Street' by Jimmy McGovern with superb cast.

First 3 episodes of first season, terrific. Could be watched in any order. Each episode takes up one character of the ensemble, has its own conflict and resolution..

VENKIRAJA
25th August 2012, 01:04 AM
HBO's Game of Thrones, anybody?
Yep...
Is it worth the time? Can't compare it with BB, but quality-wise.. is it worth the IMDb ratings?

kid-glove
25th August 2012, 01:08 AM
If BB is 9/10, GoT is about 7.5 to 8(mostly 2nd season) out of 10. Imdb ratings are wank.

kid-glove
25th August 2012, 01:12 AM
Peerless production values, the landscape in particular, high octane lines, the characters & conflicts, North vs South - worth watching.

VENKIRAJA
25th August 2012, 01:56 PM
Peerless production values, the landscape in particular, high octane lines, the characters & conflicts, North vs South - worth watching.
Watched a trailer. They liked to call it S01E00. Looked very much LotR-ish and scared me a bit. Hope the premise offers much more than naansansical voyeuristic fantasy.

kid-glove
25th August 2012, 02:03 PM
It is LoTR-ish at places, so stay away I guess..

ajithfederer
27th August 2012, 10:26 AM
Tempting to read the synopsis in amc website. :lol:

ajithfederer
27th August 2012, 10:42 AM
Whoaa!!!! :shock: :omg:. They have never done this before, to the best of my memory.

Details

Due to the sensitive nature of tonight's episode, the recap for Episode 7 will be posted on Mon., Aug. 27

Says AMC's story synopsis section for today's episode. Evano poi serndhirupaan definite aa!!!

ajithfederer
27th August 2012, 11:00 AM
Opening prologue :clap:. SAY MY NAME :bow:

ajithfederer
27th August 2012, 11:44 AM
The most poignant end to an episode that i have known of !!

ajithfederer
27th August 2012, 11:53 AM
All hell is breaking loose. Don't watch this video until you have watched the 7th episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_3UW7QSNLI&list=PL1B1FDE16B0231A9E&index=35&feature=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkEhWUu9n_c&feature=autoplay&list=PL1B1FDE16B0231A9E&playnext=1

VENKIRAJA
27th August 2012, 11:57 AM
It is LoTR-ish at places, so stay away I guess..
oRu nAL reNdu nAL illayE.. 3 vAramA muzhukka 720p rip-A pOttu download panniyirukkEn sAr.. reNdu mUnu episode-Avadhu pArkONum:roll:

kid-glove
27th August 2012, 09:32 PM
Little disappointed that they didn't go beyond the possible thematic and political terrain it undoubtedly has potential for, nor the 'Heisenberg in charge' jizz my pants, but certain shots and set-ups made it up in the end, elevated the episode.

Matt gets everything spot on here:

http://www.vulture.com/2012/08/breaking-bad-recap-season-5-episode-7.html

Though I'd never put MM close, a clear arms length 2nd.

Scene for scene, shot for shot, Breaking Bad is the best composed series on television. Mad Men is a close second, and there are others worth praising: Sons of Anarchy, Game of Thrones, Louie

wizzy
27th August 2012, 11:08 PM
knew this was coming but still was expecting Mike to be BB's Omar :neutral:

ajithfederer
28th August 2012, 10:17 AM
Todd's connection(s) in prison = Wiping off the 9 guys in prison!! ???

wizzy
28th August 2012, 01:00 PM
^looks like it..also sth is cooking between Skyler/Jeese..is VG taking Macbeth route :roll:

ajithfederer
29th August 2012, 11:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VvtnDvdxRE&feature=related

Breaking Bad - Choices That I Have Made - Walter White - Tribute Video [HD]

I don't think any series I watch from now would make me like it more than this one. The wire, Sopranos anything else I don't think so. Hell the people who make tribute videos are in absolute love with this show and is very evident from the videos they make.

SoftSword
29th August 2012, 03:43 PM
walt getting more and more coldblooded...
am afraid if i stop feeling for him then thats pretty contradictory to the foremost thing i was rooting for...
last two episodes, he did not show any glimpses of being 'human' :(

the way they handled mike now... innum force'a edhipaartthaen...

my request: better kill cryler :)

kid-glove
29th August 2012, 11:35 PM
The Street season 1 & 2, almost smell the bricks of Manchester here..

I didn't like the way season 1 ended. They actually have a very moral premise, everyone reap rewards and punishments for the seeds they sow.. But the final episode with the slimy gobshite lad just kills it.. A distasteful bitter end.

Season 2 begins with the bang with Twin, Could David Thewlis possibly go wrong, twice, playing one through the other? And nice nod to Columbo, the way the episode unfolds as well. Twist of knickers at the end in particular. Incidentally, Columbo: Double shock has an impressive dual suspense story as well. One of the rare 'whodunits of the show.

And Timothy Spall, you need actors and characters like this. Though he does look a bit like 'Arry Redknobb.. J/K

ajithfederer
30th August 2012, 10:43 AM
http://www.theinsider.com/music/54952_Breaking_Bad_Soundtrack/index.html

ajithfederer
30th August 2012, 11:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryqpcCrgt5o&feature=g-user-u

Breaking Bad - We Still Have A Soul - Walt & Jesse - Tribute Video [HD]

I still think both jesse and white will see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hell yea that would be a great ending :twisted:

ajithfederer
30th August 2012, 11:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaBi9fe_EQ0

Hank schrader on Conan. He says he wants walter DEAD :lol:

ajithfederer
30th August 2012, 11:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKttjlC0LzU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujMzR3xNqr4&feature=relmfu

Vince Gilligan on Conan from 3 weeks ago.

ajithfederer
30th August 2012, 11:25 AM
Vince Gilligan admits that "Breaking Bad" has written itself into corners.

ajithfederer
3rd September 2012, 11:54 AM
Just when i thought all shit was going just fine. Just like Al pacino in GF3 "They pull Heisenberg back right in"

Part - 2 of Season 5 is going to be hell on New mexico fellas.

raghavendran
3rd September 2012, 05:19 PM
can anyone please give me hdtv links to dexter

kid-glove
3rd September 2012, 11:54 PM
Breaking bad finale. Good time to remind ourselves the Walter White / Walt Whitman article http://acrossthemargin.com/walter-white-vs-walt-whitman/ …

kid-glove
4th September 2012, 12:00 AM
Not entirely satisfied with the episode, and yet not nearly disappointed. BB's like Ferrari in 3rd going at 110, which would be like 5th (& out) for Fiat. It sets its own gold standards. Done with great panache, revoking from Scorsese to Coppola. Maclaren :clap:

ajithfederer
4th September 2012, 11:37 AM
Yeah this ranks as the lowest among the season finale-s. 1st being 4th followed by 3rd, 2nd and 1st. I knew that hank's gonna knew the secret in the last minute. But the book revelation was a bummer. Every (con)man has to make a mistake.

wizzy
4th September 2012, 01:01 PM
it may appear super lame for a finale save for the end/throwback shots to previous seasons but we are only @ midpoint and this was meant to set up things to come..next 8 episodes with Hank Vs WW with Jesse/Todd/Nazi gang and that M60 to boot..slurp :lol2:

from KG's link to other WW article...makes so much sense now

“Gliding o’er all, through all,Through Nature, Time, and Space,
As a ship on the waters advancing,
The voyage of the soul–not life alone,
Death, many deaths I’ll sing.”

so happy for Gale :mrgreen:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9rc9dx60p1qz5nceo1_500.jpg

kid-glove
4th September 2012, 01:08 PM
Hank subconciously was always close, but he needed that one little intervention, out of nowhere.

wizzy
4th September 2012, 01:11 PM
^WW can still turn this around..GB== Gretchen Black :huh:

ajithfederer
4th September 2012, 01:13 PM
Same Handwriting duhhh!!!

And the note is another WW!!

wizzy
4th September 2012, 01:15 PM
TFIC :noteeth:

wizzy
4th September 2012, 01:33 PM
could anyone repost that BB article which digged into Walt's mementos from the deaths he was responsible for..some good additions to the list in this season.

kid-glove
4th September 2012, 01:37 PM
Hank will not go head on. He'll plant surveillance without WW's knowing..

ajithfederer
4th September 2012, 01:38 PM
Yes its always better to use your enemy's ignorance.

P_R
4th September 2012, 01:41 PM
Saw my first episode of 'non-comedy' television serial: an episode of Sherlock. Not bad I say!
It was like a telefilm not like a serial. And I expected a 'story retold in modern times'. It was not. It was kind of its own tale and well told.
TV-la ivvaLO koalty irukkA. pArAttugaL!

P_R
4th September 2012, 01:42 PM
Britis sense of humour has little eedu iNai

Sherlock: You can't smoke here
Mycroft: This is a morgue..there's only so much damage you can do

:lol:

kid-glove
4th September 2012, 01:42 PM
Moffat-Cumberbatch one?

P_R
4th September 2012, 01:44 PM
Moffat-Cumberbatch one?
adhE.

wizzy
4th September 2012, 01:45 PM
He'll plant surveillance without WW's knowing

but WW is out of the game now..until Hank gets Skyler/Jesse to flip nothing really incriminates Walt..WW can always spin a yarn around Gale being his student/Gus pushing him to do this/Lydia is the big fish with him being a mere cook.

kid-glove
4th September 2012, 01:51 PM
It could crop up in the passing, out of nowhere. But it does feel like WW's cancer might have kicked out of remission and he's out for good.

ajithfederer
4th September 2012, 01:56 PM
Finally, what we have been screaming for a year now.

TV-la ivvaLO koalty irukkA. pArAttugaL!

wizzy
4th September 2012, 02:11 PM
But it does feel like WW's cancer might have kicked out of remission and he's out for good
concur..would make a nice symmetry of sorts....also Jesse may start cooking again with Todd and Walt's M60 act will be to 'rescue' Jesse from
Phoenix gang/Lydia.

kid-glove
4th September 2012, 02:11 PM
Britis sense of humour has little eedu iNai

Sherlock: You can't smoke here
Mycroft: This is a morgue..there's only so much damage you can do

:lol:

Mycroft-Sherlock relationship could be decoded from the smoking sequences alone.

kid-glove
4th September 2012, 02:21 PM
I'm surprised you have done it this late. Also as a Louie CK fan, you must surely do Louie next. Better late than never and all that.

wizzy
4th September 2012, 02:45 PM
whtya foreshadowing..ticking time bomb..BB writers :clap:

http://i.imgur.com/18R4b.png

Nerd
4th September 2012, 07:53 PM
Speaking of Brit humor, saw the promo for downton abbey s3 couple of weeks ago:

Lady Grantham (Brit) about the mother of her D-I-L: I am so looking forward to meeting your mother again. When I am with her I am reminded of the virtues of the English
Mathew: But, isn't she American?
Lady Grantham: Exactly :lol: :lol:

kid-glove
4th September 2012, 08:25 PM
Looking forward.. so much.

Staying with British, Parade's End starring Cumberbatch (Sherlock) has kicked off already..

kid-glove
4th September 2012, 08:26 PM
whtya foreshadowing..ticking time bomb..BB writers :clap:

http://i.imgur.com/18R4b.png

Wah@!

wizzy
4th September 2012, 10:47 PM
The Shield rerun on FX India :thumbsup:

anbu_kathir
5th September 2012, 10:49 AM
Two-face. (Or I must be reading too much into these).

http://s17.postimage.org/4l0p78mnz/walttribute.jpg

ajithfederer
5th September 2012, 10:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckWyhv3YsO4&feature=g-all-u

Dexter : Behind the Scenes: Dexter Season 7

kid-glove
5th September 2012, 02:08 PM
The Street Season 3.

They ended season 2 with atmospheric one-room one to one (through chained doors, windows and confined spaces).

They began this season with 'High Noon' in Salford with the great Bob Hoskins (:bow: hopefully recovers from dreadful Parkinson's)

Half-way through, you begin to see the highly dramatic sermonization and problematic morality lessons, an equilibria seems to pervade this universe. Usually, this turns me off, but to its credit, The Street, offers just the breathing space with mood, tonal changes, visual flux, with richly localzied characters, with behaviors, and quirks I'd wanted. This is Manc in every turn and corner. Have to say well done all round.

kid-glove
6th September 2012, 03:01 AM
http://www.indiewire.com/article/television/michael-slovis-interview-breaking-bad-director-of-photography#

VG's pretty hands on. And brilliant references being used. No wonder the quality's tops.

kid-glove
6th September 2012, 03:39 AM
Robert De Niro & Eric Roth Reteam To Bring 'The Good Shepherd' TV Series To Showtime http://dlvr.it/26HbmK

YES PLEASE !

Good news for Stan the Man, too.

ajithfederer
6th September 2012, 11:11 AM
Whoa!! That's good news. Indha hub his-story laye indha padam enaku mattum dhan pudichirunduchu.

wizzy
6th September 2012, 07:01 PM
http://www.indiewire.com/article/television/michael-slovis-interview-breaking-bad-director-of-photography#

VG's pretty hands on. And brilliant references being used. No wonder the quality's tops.

insightful...AMC kills it with their compression :banghead: if only it was on HBO :neutral:

ASC did a two part podcast about Slovis's work on BB

http://www.theasc.com/podcasts/ac_podcasts/20_AC_Podcast_Breaking_Bad_Cinematography.mp3

http://www.theasc.com/podcasts/ac_podcasts/21_AC_Podcast_Breaking_Bad_Directing.mp3

more ASC podcasts here

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/american-cinematographer-podcasts/id259748235

kid-glove
6th September 2012, 08:19 PM
I'll never forgive AMC for pulling the plug on Rubicon..

ajithfederer
7th September 2012, 11:14 AM
http://anygoodshow.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/dexter/tv_dexter27.jpg

Was watching some episodes of Dexter - Season 6 on Star world. Not bad at all. Mike'y still holds the show on his shoulders. Always liked the conversations between him and Bynie.

http://billwardwriter.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/dexter-harrison-baby.jpg

Hope season 7 has more confrontations and they do a killer trailer like they did for S6 last year.

ajithfederer
7th September 2012, 11:16 AM
'kaali ADHU :smokesmirk:

The next day, the first season arrived, and I sat down to watch it, and watched all seven episodes in a row. Literally, before the teaser of the first episode was over, I turned to [my wife] and go, "Oh my God. I want to do this show!" I was recommend by my friend Adam Bernstein, who directed episodes two and three of the first season, and even since then, I’ve been integrated -- sucked in, if you will -- by Vince Gilligan.

From kg's link

kid-glove
8th September 2012, 11:56 AM
KV:

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/6489193/Rubicon_Complete_Series___720p_mkv_compression_[mkvGOD]

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/5893689/Rubicon_-_The_Complete_Series_(XviD_MP3)

wizzy
8th September 2012, 12:36 PM
"The silhouette of the fly on the hellish red-orange light of the smoke alarm. It's the very last shot of "Fly." So haunting. It echoes perfectly Walter's admission that "everything's contaminated." I think if I forgot the whole rest of the show I would remember that shot." —dfault, commenter

http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/vulture/2012/09/06/06-breaking-bad-fly.o.jpg/a_560x375.jpg

wizzy
8th September 2012, 12:55 PM
VG interview from Rolling Stone..connect the dots :)

You've said that Walt really got out of his meth operation at the end of the episode – but do you know how he did it?

We are oddly still working that out. In my mind, Walt is out, but the exact specifics of how he extricated himself – basically, the boss coming in one day in to the boardroom, so to speak, and saying to his inner circle, "Well, this is it for me. I'm retiring." The specifics of that, so to speak, are something that's still a bit of a work in progress, and six writers and myself are back now in the room working out the final eight episodes. That is one of the things that I hate to even admit how many hours we spent talking about, just dozens of hours already talking about how Walt extricates himself. At the point of the end of that last episode, it's already happened, but we're talking about, "In the final eight – do we need to show that moment of him quitting? Do we not?" I don't feel like I'm giving anything away to say that we still don't know ourselves. We're still talking all that through.

In my cover story, Bryan Cranston mentioned that he asked you a bunch of questions about the flash-forward. When he asked, "Why am I back?" you told him, "To protect someone." Is that an answer that you're gonna stick with?

I wouldn't shy away from sticking with that, just because it's been in print, but we really are – we're questioning everything at this point. It doesn't give me great pause to have that out there. But having said that, we're not, at this point, afraid to change it, either. Our prime directive here – our mandate – is to make the ending as satisfying and as dramatic as possible. To that end, we've got a lot of good ideas, I feel, but any minute that a better idea comes along, we'll jettison the good idea for the better idea, no matter where it may take us. So could go either way. Could wind up being exactly that, or could be something different.

There's a scene in the finale of Walt being scanned for cancer. Have you decided whether it's back?

The best way I can put it, not to be overly coy, but we're gonna do our best to address everything there is left to address in the final eight episodes, and the cancer is probably chief amongst those items on the list, because it is the plot device that got the show going in the first place. So we definitely have not forgotten about it and, yeah, there's a scene at the end of – in act four of that last episode that speaks to something. Definitely left for the audience to interpret.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/q-a-breaking-bad-creator-vince-gilligan-goes-deep-on-the-final-season-20120906

kid-glove
8th September 2012, 03:27 PM
Isn't it back again? He also gazes over the punched steel box in the loo.

kid-glove
8th September 2012, 10:49 PM
Parade's end. - Few years after Jane Eyre, Susanna White gets the dynamics of man-woman relationship spot on again
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A2SUhlUCYAAHzEY.jpg:large

And of course, like Jane Eyre, the detailed landscape and production values.
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A2SVns8CUAAbRFh.jpg:large

kid-glove
9th September 2012, 02:52 AM
Thick of it Season 4. Kicked off today.

Tucker-less episode not quite there without him. Good enough for the epic references (as usual)

He does return next week with great prejudice and wicked sense of humor "Like a family in cuban slum".. :rotfl:

kid-glove
9th September 2012, 02:55 AM
Some samples tonight:

"He took the morning off when Steve Jobs died" :lol:

'Good to see you Peter Pete' payback from Rajesh Raj! :lol2:

"You can't even keep the cast of Glee out!"

"You can't apologize for the fart you did a day before. "

"Doing us up the Euro tunnel" ... "Am I in some ghost story.. I got hit by a bus and no one notices me.. "

"Terrific.. what should we do..Mexican wave around the table?"

"What did you ask for...er..er....eh wanker.."

wizzy
9th September 2012, 10:45 AM
Thick of it Season 4. Kicked off today.

Tucker-less episode not quite there without him. Good enough for the epic references (as usual)

He does return next week with great prejudice and wicked sense of humor "Like a family in cuban slum".. :rotfl:

give VEEP a shot..just got renewed for second season..JLD's mock up of Sarah Palin :2thumbsup:

kid-glove
10th September 2012, 05:39 PM
Yeah okay, I will try. And how is Sorkin doing with The Newsroom? Of course, I don't expect great insights here. Is it dramatically persuasive?

kid-glove
10th September 2012, 06:04 PM
The Street Season 3.

They ended season 2 with atmospheric one-room one to one (through chained doors, windows and confined spaces).

They began this season with 'High Noon' in Salford with the great Bob Hoskins (:bow: hopefully recovers from dreadful Parkinson's)

Half-way through, you begin to see the highly dramatic sermonization and problematic morality lessons, an equilibria seems to pervade this universe. Usually, this turns me off, but to its credit, The Street, offers just the breathing space with mood, tonal changes, visual flux, with richly localzied characters, with behaviors, and quirks I'd wanted. This is Manc in every turn and corner. Have to say well done all round.

Final 3 episodes concludes what is an unrelenting pathos study, so intimately tied to the place (Salford) and time (of recession)

It's so uniformly 'fair' in allowing/sermonizing its characters to reap (as bitter as it may) the seeds that they sow.

To conclude the entire series, they do not even spare Timothy Spall's segment (other than maybe Broadbent in 1st season) that provided light-heartedness and harmony..

kid-glove
10th September 2012, 07:54 PM
Parade's End - 3rd episode

A socialite adulteress wants to be chaste and truthful to the Cuckold, who accepts her back without being taken into manly feelings she tries to ellicit (through this adultery, as she says, she'd only do it when he's looking!), whose ideals makes him stop short of consummating the relationship with a young suffragette, a fatherless free-spirited woman(intellectually, unlike the wife, who might be called a 'loose', considering she has sex with another man on day of the marriage) who is happy to be his spiritual companion. The man is awkward looking and perhaps even sexually inert after a point. He choose to serve in World War I. There's also a child who may or may not be his.

This is positively anti-Downton Abbey, what an expertly sensitive filmmaker is Sussanna White.

kid-glove
10th September 2012, 08:02 PM
With all the social, familial, religious, ideological underpinnings & sex politics you'd expect. The Elegiac tone of the ruling class, without being inconsiderate of the lesser ones, whose need for change is parallely underlined. People of their time and place, without being any less relevant.

wizzy
10th September 2012, 09:46 PM
Yeah okay, I will try. And how is Sorkin doing with The Newsroom? Of course, I don't expect great insights here. Is it dramatically persuasive?

it is except may be for Mortimer whose role seems to be written in a haste..her theatrical acting really does get to you..with the elections next year expect Sorkin to dig deep.

kid-glove
11th September 2012, 02:56 PM
Have to finish the 9 episodes of "Luck" (& see if it's a loss), then I will get to The Newsroom.

Yeah, Sorkin's known to be a reliable sexist..

kid-glove
12th September 2012, 02:22 PM
Re.sexism,
In lesser hands, Parade's End might be the most sexist show on TV if not for sensitivity & layered approach (against 'hasty judgement') by Sussanna White. Again shows that TV could be a director's medium too.

VENKIRAJA
14th September 2012, 12:14 AM
Started with Game of the Thrones since BB won't be there for a while.
So much promise in the premise, when I compare it to the bullshit that is called Lord of the Rings.

wizzy
15th September 2012, 01:32 AM
bullshit that is called Lord of the Rings

read the book read the book

Have to finish the 9 episodes of "Luck" (& see if it's a loss), then I will get to The Newsroom.

you got some fetish for cancelled shows :-) Rubicon is kick ass stuff..can see why AMC cancelled it..slowly unfolding story which lacks those agmark cliffhanger moments which make the viewers sit up..yam thinking of a four leaf clovers DDoS attack on AMC.

kid-glove
15th September 2012, 02:08 AM
You know that's exactly what that gets on my tits. If Rubicon is 'slow burning', I implore American audience to watch TTSS..

kid-glove
15th September 2012, 02:22 AM
Also I believe HBO cancelled "Luck" for PETA reasons. Having watched first 6 episodes, I'm not at all surprised.

Milch doing a Mann protagonist, in Mann-ered world of outsiders. But Mann only got to direct the pilot. He didn't really have a lot to chew there. But as the series goes on, there are lot more Mann-deserving moments. The races are all captured well. The tribulations of the stables, trailers, and races, which are really non-urbanized zone. Milch really gets that tone of people who are caught in a world they don't really want to break out of, in to the 'modern world'. Characters who are clearly stuck and content being there. Characters who have the means to get out, but wanting to go back there for more. Characters who couldn't really get out of it, for various other reasons (chief of all, for having not made it). The main plot with Hoffman's Ace Bernstein (doing the Deniro role, doing it well) who wants to get back at people he'd not want to rat out to the 'system' that he deplores & opts to be out of. Now in his own terms, wants to get back at those who wronged him. Still without having seen the grandson in first 6 episodes, you already buy in to it.

Milch really not getting the break he deserves with his sole creations.. Even Deadwood finished somewhat hurriedly that it could be considered a premature.

kid-glove
15th September 2012, 03:21 AM
Parade's End - 3rd episode

A socialite adulteress wants to be chaste and truthful to the Cuckold, who accepts her back without being taken into manly feelings she tries to ellicit (through this adultery, as she says, she'd only do it when he's looking!), whose ideals makes him stop short of consummating the relationship with a young suffragette, a fatherless free-spirited woman(intellectually, unlike the wife, who might be called a 'loose', considering she has sex with another man on day of the marriage) who is happy to be his spiritual companion. The man is awkward looking and perhaps even sexually inert after a point. He choose to serve in World War I. There's also a child who may or may not be his.

This is positively anti-Downton Abbey, what an expertly sensitive filmmaker is Sussanna White.

With all the social, familial, religious, ideological underpinnings & sex politics you'd expect. The Elegiac tone of the ruling class, without being inconsiderate of the lesser ones, whose need for change is parallely underlined. People of their time and place, without being any less relevant.

Re.sexism,
In lesser hands, Parade's End might be the most sexist show on TV if not for sensitivity & layered approach (against 'hasty judgement') by Sussanna White. Again shows that TV could be a director's medium too.

4th Episode.

Continues to show up the innocence of "Downton Abbey" (which I'll refuse to knock, coz the relative simple-minded morality is very much at heart of it)

Only in British television, do we see refined comic actors like Roger Allam and Timothy Spall, don't we!

VENKIRAJA
15th September 2012, 10:38 AM
read the book read the book
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/076/537/Super_FUUU_Face.jpg?1318992465

kid-glove
15th September 2012, 11:11 AM
If someone didn't like Godfather, no one dared said to read the book. :lol2:

wizzy
15th September 2012, 12:38 PM
You know that's exactly what that gets on my tits. If Rubicon is 'slow burning', I implore American audience to watch TTSS..

Brits have an unfair advantage over them in this sort..for long they have been well-fed with stable diet of Danger Man/The Prisoner/Ace of Spies/Edge of Darkness/A Perfect Spy..they simply are masters of this domain.

If someone didn't like Godfather, no one dared said to read the book. :lol2:

Godfather can exist/make up for a great viewing even if the viewer has no cognizance of back-stories..LOTR is a different kettle of fish wherein if you haven't read the book the LOTR will be a mere CGI porn/:confused2: for the most part..having said all that LOTR is still one of the best book-to film adaptations ever :lol2:

kid-glove
15th September 2012, 12:55 PM
No no. LOTR does work for me, without the book. But it's not really something that speaks to me beyond its surface stimulations.

VENKIRAJA
15th September 2012, 09:56 PM
LOTR is still one of the best book-to film adaptations ever :lol2:
I don't care if anybody wrote the film I just watched already as a book or not, but it just doesn't work.
I mean, over 12 hours of characters thrown into it just for the 'epic' stature and no mere storytelling involved. Its plain boring!

kid-glove
16th September 2012, 07:30 PM
Both Boardwalk Empire and Downton Abbey 3rd season kick off tonight.

Meanwhile Tucker returns to Thick of it 4th Season.

Good times.

VENKIRAJA
17th September 2012, 12:21 PM
Less than the 12 hours of LOTR, S01 of GoT is as epic as it would get.
Cleverly written, charmingly acted and overwhelmingly paced.

wizzy
17th September 2012, 01:26 PM
Less than the 12 hours of LOTR, S01 of GoT is as epic as it would get.

http://static1.purepeople.com/articles/7/81/55/7/@/635219-le-jury-est-sous-le-choc-pendant-la-637x0-2.jpg

kid-glove
17th September 2012, 02:04 PM
Wizzy,
GoT is undoubtedly epic. Its epicness lies in its density and depth, with the visuals servicing the sotry. LoTR trilogy, as is the case with Peter Jackson usually, is somewhat superficial, except the love stories between men of all sizes, shapes and ages that goes as homoerotic undercurrent. That's the human center of the epic, which somehow gets seen as a low point, or unintended humor. It was very much, intended. It's a love story masquerading as a fantastical odyssey..

However, in terms of large screen experience, GoT wouldn't be a visual-fantasy awe as LoTR, but would undoubtedly work in every other way.

GoT S2 on a whole new scale in its ingenuity, wickness and bloody epicness.

kid-glove
17th September 2012, 02:10 PM
Somehow the pacing, and tonal sweep of "Heavenly creatures" seems to be lost, in later PJ films. Esp. LOTR adaptations, of course, bigger story, longer time (all 3 or 4 hour long, extended cut works better, esp. The Return of the king), massive sweep from casting to production design to special effects.. Ultimately, he does what he could. I don't think he lost control, he does his best.

kid-glove
17th September 2012, 02:21 PM
Btw, I was invited to a party staged by wedlock inmates, who "force" the free in to making conversations and hook up. "Married people".. quite like what the woman says to Louie, "They just want to spread their shit on everybody." So, caught Louie when I managed to flee. Once again, the show keeps breaking barries of absurdity in to realism & relevance, who better than Lynch to open up absurdity of a talkshow as the casting/training head (though this is far more accessible and full of humor, obviously written by Louie, not maker of "Rabbits" that opens up sitcom).

kid-glove
17th September 2012, 02:24 PM
Also, Tucker back in biz in TTOT. From Lego Star wars, to Twitter-absuing Glee, to TTS C***. :rotfl2:

VENKIRAJA
17th September 2012, 02:53 PM
Wizzy, there are two types of LoTR fans I know.
One of them tell me "STFU. I read the book. My understanding of the movie is so deep and I will keep on watching it and appreciating me and Tolkien and Peter and Gandalf and myself." The other one tells me, "Royal VFX mate.. kingly!"
And I am neither.

wizzy
17th September 2012, 03:07 PM
KG/Venkki concur that GoT got a lot more complex plot/characters with varying degree of grayness but to pull LOTR to trashcan is :fatigue: moreso with 'song of ice/fire' burrowing heavily from JRR' The Silmarillion

kid-glove
17th September 2012, 03:13 PM
JRR problem-E illaiyE.

Of course, PJ's LOTR isn't kuppai, I've said as much.

VENKIRAJA
17th September 2012, 03:32 PM
KG/Venkki
you for mishtekk.. me deva no

concur that GoT got a lot more complex plot/characters with varying degree of grayness but to pull LOTR to trashcan is :fatigue: moreso with 'song of ice/fire' burrowing heavily from JRR' The Silmarillion
As I said earlier, I don't want any fuss about the books.

JRR problem-E illaiyE.
Of course, PJ's LOTR isn't kuppai, I've said as much.
I agree. Bullshit, is a harsh word. But it is awfully overrated.
Whatever had been written, it should communicate to me and GoT does that part much better than LotR. Perhaps, I could have enjoyed the grammar of LotR if it had been a series and still, I'd say GoT might have the edge.

wizzy
17th September 2012, 05:44 PM
you for mishtekk.. me deva no

enakku naalu peru theriraanga boss :sigh2:

As I said earlier, I don't want any fuss about the books.I agree. Bullshit, is a harsh word. But it is awfully overrated.

this part I just don't get it..you rate GoT>>>>LOTR just after watching a episode of GoT :roll:

kid-glove
17th September 2012, 06:02 PM
He says S01 of GoT, nearly 10 hours. LoTR should be over that easily.

wizzy
17th September 2012, 06:19 PM
K_G oh I stand corrected thot he just got started still me thinks this is a case of seeing what he wants to see..this was him just after reading GoT 'premise' about 3 days ago.

So much promise in the premise, when I compare it to the bullshit that is called Lord of the Rings.

that's some hate baggage :-)

VENKIRAJA
17th September 2012, 06:29 PM
K_G oh I stand corrected thot he just got started still me thinks this is a case of seeing what he wants to see..this was him just after reading GoT 'premise' about 3 days ago.

that's some hate baggage :-)

yuvar aanar, I asked for series reccos and when GoT came up, I asked whether it resembles LotR and Lord k_g confirmed that.
And, when I started watching it seemed 'radically' different from the film and after 1st season I am firm of that opinion now.

kid-glove
17th September 2012, 06:32 PM
LoTR is one of the most hated films out there.

I suppose it's acceptable when the hype and glory of the film is a bit much? You don't see such reactions and counter-reactions for Harry Potter, for instance. Even though it has a huge fanbase.

Problem as I see it, PJ had a style in HC that haven't been utilized, could have easily built on it. Turning soppy, and impersonal, like Spielberg, Cameron, (both, I'd take over PJ) or what have you.

PJ doesn't help himself with TLB as his latest release. LoTR has its features, KK floored me when it released but when I revisted it in Pix few days back, it was 'meh'. The Hobbits will decide his fate, hope he doesn't make Sherlock-Watson invisible as dragons and hobbits.

wizzy
17th September 2012, 06:51 PM
TLB was super lame..haven't revisited KK on a small screen..outside of TCM all other so called movie channels in India dampens the cinematic experience...last week Tsky pulled the plug on TCM much to my utter dismay :banghead:

kid-glove
17th September 2012, 06:54 PM
Oh dear! TCM'E pOcha!

VENKIRAJA
18th September 2012, 03:18 AM
I'm officially a GoT fanboy from now. (BB is gonna end quickly anyway)
7 episodes of S02 straight and I'm gonna sleep just because I want to stay awake tomorrow night for the Arsenal CL match.

kid-glove
19th September 2012, 07:57 PM
Hobbit trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=b1SJ7yaa7cI

SoftSword
19th September 2012, 08:06 PM
dono why i hate these kinda animation films... am i the only one?

kid-glove
19th September 2012, 08:09 PM
You're not in the minority.

kid-glove
22nd September 2012, 01:09 PM
Louie, three episodes of "Late Show" guest starring David effing Lynch. One of the finest hours of television all year. :notworthy:

VENKIRAJA
22nd September 2012, 05:44 PM
dono why i hate these kinda animation films... am i the only one?
Idhula 'these kind' dhaan remba mukkiyam.
BB dhaan mudinji poche nesttu enna paarthukittu irukeenga? I suggest Game of thrones. Avasiyam paarunga.

SoftSword
24th September 2012, 06:01 PM
Idhula 'these kind' dhaan remba mukkiyam.
BB dhaan mudinji poche nesttu enna paarthukittu irukeenga? I suggest Game of thrones. Avasiyam paarunga.

tv series visayatthula wizzy dhan namakku god father...
avarta kekkanumnu irundhaen...
GoT BB alavu or BB range'ku pakkatthula varumaa??? paakkaren...

Nerd
24th September 2012, 06:53 PM
Homeland avvalavu periya thillaalangadiyaa?! Graphic violence irukkumaa?

Rebooted the BB watching. Completed 6 episodes in S1. I left it at 2.5. Still a little slow/boring but three fantastic scenes so far -
1. Missing piece in the ceramic plate
2. Convertible on fire
3. Fulminated Mercury.

Superbly written/acted/executed. And terrific pre/post scenes too. Not sure when I will watch the subsequent episodes :oops:

kid-glove
24th September 2012, 07:59 PM
First 2 episodes of 3rd Season of Downton, are they propping up the elegy? I'll miss the piano piece with tail wagging dog as it looks up at its master as they walk towards the abbey.

kid-glove
24th September 2012, 08:00 PM
"Thick of it" - I'm not quite sure Roger Allam is enough in Tucker-less episodes.. But insults/references from @AIannucci might pull it thru.

"Parade's End" last episode, concludes a sublime series. Magnificent all round.

"Boardwalk Empire", sets up a dangerous Nucky, Rothstein & Rossetti 3 way standoff of Irish, Jewish and Italian.

kid-glove
24th September 2012, 08:05 PM
Homeland is actually quit gripping through out. No graphic violence. But explosions are blood-less, mostly suggestive depiction.. But of course, it's only for adults. You get to see boobs.

VENKIRAJA
24th September 2012, 08:09 PM
tv series visayatthula wizzy dhan namakku god father...
avarta kekkanumnu irundhaen...
GoT BB alavu or BB range'ku pakkatthula varumaa??? paakkaren...
idhu vera sarakku SS.. BB is a different species.
Plus, only 2 seasons so far and the books from which it is adapted itself isn't complete yet.

Nerd
24th September 2012, 08:54 PM
First 2 episodes of 3rd Season of Downton, are they propping up the elegy? I'll miss the piano piece with tail wagging dog as it looks up at its master as they walk towards the abbey.
I have only seen the first episode. Mary is getting Maththew with the money? Just in time, how convinient? Lots of howlarious one-liners though. Maggie gets the Emmy too.

Mary: Mr. Grey has given something to make my B-I-L appear to be drunk.
Lady Grantham: Could it be drink :rotfl3: :rotfl:

Homeland is actually quit gripping through out. No graphic violence. But explosions are blood-less, mostly suggestive depiction.. But of course, it's only for adults. You get to see boobs.
Thanks.

kid-glove
25th September 2012, 12:34 AM
Watch the next episode, Nerd. I'm not saying much. But one senses JF is setting up the elegiac tone, if not, all hail Countess of Grantham, Mary Crawley.

kid-glove
25th September 2012, 02:58 PM
I was keen on watching "Revolution" for its concept, but now that I know Giancarlo Esposito is going to be in it, it's high on agenda.

Nerd
25th September 2012, 06:36 PM
Saw S03e02 of abbey. I still don't think that will happen. Mathew will bail them out thanks to Mary who has now sort of become a selfish pompous arrogant prick. See what a marriage does to you. But all hail lady violet, the sole contributor to the success of this show. And the makers, knowing that has started giving her lot of screen presence. The overhyped Mclaine is actually plastic and is of no help to the proceedings both literally and figuratively.

Once again, violet gets the best line of the episode which cracked me up and I was ROTFLing uncontrollably that I had to pause the video, laugh it off and then continue. "Oh I thought you were a waiter". And the lord did very well too in response to that, the 2nd best actor of the show.

kid-glove
25th September 2012, 09:41 PM
What makes you think Mary's pompous prick? Obv. Selfish & arrogant as she aspires to be the countess.

Maggie vs Mclain didn't work out because latter's not given catchy dialogues as yet. Yankee v British thing didn't work out, in writing. But then Julian Fellowes isn't Armando Iannucci. Violet's still very much in his ballpark.

I LOL-ed at Bates prison sequences. It's boring. It's obvious they will bring him back.

Think the usual delights will remain. Monochromatic characterizations with its own conundrums.

kid-glove
25th September 2012, 09:45 PM
I certainly expect a twist in Matthew's Swire inheritance. And future American invasion isn't out of question..

Nerd
25th September 2012, 11:18 PM
Mary being an elitist pig with that dinner. Really! She thought she d impress the American with such a pompous set up?!

Yeah I agree with you, there could be a twist with the Swire money. Also I am fairly certain that Edith's crippled boyfriend will die or something.

kid-glove
25th September 2012, 11:37 PM
Edith is Mary's siter, her BF is that thatha.

You mean Anna & Bates? I always saw Bates as the one to take over from Carson.. But yeah, you could be right. It makes sense if they deal with end of times..

Nerd
25th September 2012, 11:54 PM
Yeah, that thaaththa is a cripple (arms) too, ain't it.. It's about time a tragedy strikes Downton on top of everything..

kid-glove
26th September 2012, 12:09 AM
Oh okay, yeah. Cripple'na udanE walking stick nyabagam vandhiruchu :lol2:

who knows maybe the Cripple thatha would bail them out?

SoftSword
26th September 2012, 05:45 PM
kept the last episode of BB for rainy day but was tempted to watch it...
when hank was in the toilet, i expected when he is gonna pull the toilet roll for wiping , it will hav an array of dollars... :lol:
so jessie is back, cancer is back, now skyler by his side... wil be interesting...
i guess junior will play a role too...

kid-glove
27th September 2012, 03:09 PM
"Revolution" - at times kitsch, but whole lot of fun for LOST + Giancarlo fan like me.. I know the reasoning would suck, but the concept is interesting..

geno
28th September 2012, 01:48 AM
"If any man dies with a clean sword, I'll rape his fucking corpse."

:rotfl3:

kid-glove
28th September 2012, 01:51 AM
Lovely dialogue, innit. From GoT.

Nerd
16th October 2012, 09:33 PM
So many people have disappeared silently from hub?! K-G, AF, B(K) to name a few.. Why'ya?

Cinefan
19th October 2012, 06:36 PM
So many people have disappeared silently from hub?! K-G, AF, B(K) to name a few.. Why'ya?

Add Plum too.

I am a very infrequent visitor here and am noticing this absence.Any probs?????

ajithfederer
28th January 2013, 06:17 PM
19th Screen Actors Guild Awards

http://win8art.com/uploads/posts/2012-05/1337792640_breaking_bad.jpg

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series - Bryan Cranston – Breaking Bad as Walter White

ajithfederer
6th February 2013, 11:02 AM
Finished Season 1 of Homeland -

Have to applaud the makers for the subject matter they are handling. Plot is outlandish in many episodes and the fiction liberty they take is a little too much. But as a believer in "Truth is always stranger than fiction" I can buy into the idea. Damian Lewis looks no where in the class he portrayed in Major Winters(???) from Band of Brothers. Carrie Mathieson and Saul Berenson are extremely good picks for the role.

They have ventured into many sensitive areas which have not shown before(To the best of my knowledge) in USTV which is very commendable. Drone attacks on schools is one for example. I hope they show more on "extra-ordinary rendition, G-Bay torture and other Patriot act stuff(s) in the coming season(s) and episodes.

Waiting to see Zero Dark Thirty.

venkkiram
9th March 2013, 12:45 AM
Watched 24 Season 1.

Mind blowing. Spellbound. Especially the last episode of Season 1 - I could rank it the best so far I experienced in small screen.

:notworthy: Palmer, Bauer

ajithfederer
17th July 2013, 06:45 PM
http://www.rickey.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/photo10-1024x7681.jpg

Suits S3-E1 - Sexy. Harvey vs Jessica should light Law firm Pearson-Darby on fire for this year's 16 episodes.

ajithfederer
17th July 2013, 06:50 PM
And oh yeah a great redhead Donna!!!

http://reginecelinaaa.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/suits-10.jpg