PDA

View Full Version : Mouna Guru - Not just another movie!

NOV
17th December 2011, 09:44 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZAILMbh20Y0/TsVDge_0GxI/AAAAAAAADyE/J6pzKmwyG1I/s1600/Arulnidhi_Mouna+Guru_Tamil_movie_first_look_wallpa pers.jpg

Mouna Guru is an upcoming Tamil action film directed by Santha Kumar and produced by M. K. Thamizharasu. It stars Arulnithi and Iniya in the lead roles, with John Vijay and Uma Riyaz Khan in supporting roles. The film, which has music composed by S. Thaman, released on December 16, 2011. The film has opened to largely positive reviews

http://chennai365.com/wp-content/uploads/movies/Mouna-Guru/Mouna-Guru-1.jpg
http://chennai365.com/wp-content/uploads/movies/Mouna-Guru/Mouna-Guru-2.jpg

NOV
17th December 2011, 09:44 PM
Mouna Guru is getting plenty of rave reviews...

Arvind Srinivasan
17th December 2011, 09:51 PM
Mouna Guru is getting plenty of rave reviews...

iam going to the movie on the 20th.....almost every review has praised the movie.....hopefully it turns out to be a good entertainer

NOV
17th December 2011, 09:53 PM
One cinema and only two shows in Malaysia :cry:
12 noon and 3.00pm.....

Roshan
17th December 2011, 11:12 PM
Saw the trailer a couple of times on TV. Looked good.

littlemaster1982
18th December 2011, 12:20 AM
Trailer looked impressive and I was telling my friend the film will be good. I'll wait for hubber's review, though :|

Thirumaran
18th December 2011, 05:26 PM
Plum :lol2:

Now back to movie time.

Saw the movie Mouna Guru today noon at Mayajaal. Good movie. For me among the movies I seen, best movie in the second half of 2011. Hero mugam paarka muthalla kaduppaa irunthu, poaga poaga set aagiduchchu. Good screenplay. Ippoathaikku ithu poathum..

littlemaster1982
19th December 2011, 08:15 AM
Naandhan first-a :lol:

Decent thriller. This film once again proves that it's easy to build an intriguing plot, but the real challenge is wrapping things up. Director takes his time to set up things beautifully and creates a lot of interesting knots on the process. But he takes the easiest way out for resolving the confilct which disappointed me a lot.Plenty of good scenes throughout and some of the shots are really well done (esp. the intermission point).

P.S: I have a feeling this director might have worked with Mysskin. Got to check.

Anban
19th December 2011, 09:47 AM
naan thaan second .. good movie thaan ... easy role for Arulnithi .. thankfully not much romance ..

Thirumaran
19th December 2011, 10:16 AM
Kannae theriyaathaa.. :hammer: nallaa kanna thoranthu paarunga.. naan thaan first

Siv.S
19th December 2011, 11:14 AM
Naandhan first-a :lol:

Decent thriller. This film once again proves that it's easy to build an intriguing plot, but the real challenge is wrapping things up. Director takes his time to set up things beautifully and creates a lot of interesting knots on the process. But he takes the easiest way out for resolving the confilct which disappointed me a lot.Plenty of good scenes throughout and some of the shots are really well done (esp. the intermission point).

P.S: I have a feeling this director might have worked with Mysskin. Got to check.

Assistant of Dharani, worked for Dhill,Dhool,Ghilli.... reading lot about this intermission shot... heard he shot almost 5-6 days for that 10 minutes scene.

littlemaster1982
19th December 2011, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the info, Siva :)

littlemaster1982
19th December 2011, 06:28 PM
reading lot about this intermission shot... heard he shot almost 5-6 days for that 10 minutes scene.

That scene was quite good, but not aaha oho. I particularly liked the shot when the screen freezes to say "Intermission". Eppadi solradhunnu theriyala, romba buildup-a poyidum. Padam paarunga.

Siv.S
19th December 2011, 06:31 PM
That scene was quite good, but not aaha oho. I particularly liked the shot when the screen freezes to say "Intermission". Eppadi solradhunnu theriyala, romba buildup-a poyidum. Padam paarunga.
kandippa paakkanum,But innum release aakala...Mamtiyan mattum than release aayirukku....

abhi_d
19th December 2011, 11:54 PM
Movie was OK. First half was more gripping than second half. Arulnidhi is good.

kubrick
20th December 2011, 02:44 AM
Movie was OK. First half was more gripping than second half. Arulnidhi is good.

Agreed, but still I liked it very much. What very slighlty disappointed me was the climax which again was good but could have been great. The movie moves in a mildly heavy way which would have been complemented properly if only the climax was tweaked dramatically. Arulnidhi has to be appreciated for his work but he has to develop his dialog delivery. If he continues choosing films in a clever way then we may never know where he might end up as I believe Tamil industry relies more on brains than looks when compared with Telugu and Hindi.

This film has been written cleverly enough to keep the expectations on the edge till it gets over and we can't say that it doesn't do justice but the potential it builds for itself never gets satisfied. If Mouna Guru had a song like "kangal irandal" and a hard-hitting climax it too would have been praised and hailed as a trendsetter like Subramaniapuram did. Why I am getting so worked up with the climax is I felt it to be kind of unsettling at least with regards to Arulnidhi's character.

But apart from that I found this movie extremely enthralling and being honest to itself. It doesn't take itself too seriously which always works out. At times I got reminded of Mysskin's films and one other film in particular: Raam.(might be a spoiler)

A definite catch. Mouna Guru might catch up in 2011's best list too.

abhi_d
20th December 2011, 07:46 AM
What very slighlty disappointed me was the climax which again was good but could have been great.

I too felt the same. He didn't deserve that life in the end but overall a hard hitting movie.

kubrick
20th December 2011, 12:55 PM
I forgot to mention Uma Riaz. Romba nalla naduchurukkaanga, experience na ennaanu appo thaan purinjudhu. Actually the whole cast has done a very good job, even small ones like that Ghilli Aadhivasi, the college guy etc.

A very well-thought and made movie.

littlemaster1982
20th December 2011, 12:59 PM
I forgot to mention Uma Riaz. Romba nalla naduchurukkaanga, experience na ennaanu appo thaan purinjudhu. Actually the whole cast has done a very good job, even small ones like that Ghilli Aadhivasi, the college guy etc.

A very well-thought and made movie.

Better known as Dhanus' friend in Aadukalam :) Casting is very very good, except may be Arulnidhi. Something is wrong with the way he speaks. Guy has a long way to go. Aana sincere-a panni irundhaapla.

Btw, did you feel cheated/disappointed the way things panned out in climax?

kubrick
20th December 2011, 01:12 PM
Better known as Dhanus' friend in Aadukalam :) Casting is very very good, except may be Arulnidhi. Something is wrong with the way he speaks. Guy has a long way to go. Aana sincere-a panni irundhaapla.

Btw, did you feel cheated/disappointed the way things panned out in climax?

YOsichu pAtha athu oru realistic ending thaan. Aana namaloda tamizh cinema mentality atha Ethukka virumbala. That's the truth. As I already mentioned if only it had been a little more dramatic or hard-hitting whatever the ending is we wouldn't feel this way.

And did you guys see the Raam (possible spoiler) connection to the movie or is it just me. [Spoiler]When arulnidhi 1st goes to the father, the father's son comes to deliver something to him, appove I noticed him but dint think much to predict that guy was the thief which actually doesn't do much to the story. But I felt that to be a very Hitchcock-ian way of writing.[Spoiler] If you analyze the script in a linear way it is a very simply thought one, but to create that flow which never makes us notice the randomness is the thing I find very clever.

OFF TOPIC:

Is there a spoiler option here?

littlemaster1982
20th December 2011, 01:40 PM
YOsichu pAtha athu oru realistic ending thaan. Aana namaloda tamizh cinema mentality atha Ethukka virumbala. That's the truth. As I already mentioned if only it had been a little more dramatic or hard-hitting whatever the ending is we wouldn't feel this way.

[Spoiler]I agree it's kinda realistic. Police wouldn't want to tarnish their name in a case like this. I felt cheated because it's easy for the director to use Karunakaran's mental instability thing to save him. He could have treated the climax in a different way

And did you guys see the Raam (possible spoiler) connection to the movie or is it just me. [Spoiler]When arulnidhi 1st goes to the father, the father's son comes to deliver something to him, appove I noticed him but dint think much to predict that guy was the thief which actually doesn't do much to the story. But I felt that to be a very Hitchcock-ian way of writing.[Spoiler]

I got it too. In both cases, I think the directors followed the basic screenplay rule i.e Show all the concerned characters in the first act itself. Also I knew that guy with permanent smirk in his face, is just a red herring. Not sure if that's how Hitchcock did it too, haven't seen any of his films.

If you analyze the script in a linear way it is a very simply thought one, but to create that flow which never makes us notice the randomness is the thing I find very clever.

The director did very well in connecting the parallel threads seamlessly. It's a well written script and the execution was perfect.

OFF TOPIC:

Is there a spoiler option here?

I've been thinking of suggesting this to RR. Will check with him.

kubrick
20th December 2011, 01:47 PM
I've been thinking of suggesting this to RR. Will check with him.

Cool bro!

jaiganes
20th December 2011, 11:29 PM
havent seen the movie - but on reading the review on rediff - one thing made me say.. hmmm.
Uma Riyazz the police officer who is pregnant - this character trait is an inspiration from the character of Frances McDormand from that awesome movie Fargo by Coen Brothers -appdinnu therivichikka kadamaipatturukken...

Sid_316
21st December 2011, 01:47 AM
Liked it a lot! :thumbsup: one of the better movies of 2011

VinodKumar's
21st December 2011, 01:53 AM
Spoiler nu potu vellai color la adichatha padikanumnu kai nadunguthu.

kubrick
21st December 2011, 02:06 AM
Spoiler nu potu vellai color la adichatha padikanumnu kai nadunguthu.

I know it is very annoying. Mathavanga thunbathil namakku oru gilugilppu! :twisted:

Sid_316
21st December 2011, 02:13 AM
Dhanush/simbu madhiri yaaravadhu nadichu irundha.. i guess samaya hit aagi irukum.. But seriously arulnidi :clap: for selecting and producing this kind of a movie.

VinodKumar's
21st December 2011, 02:41 AM
I know it is very annoying. Mathavanga thunbathil namakku oru gilugilppu! :twisted:

aripu thaangama antha "one other particular film" mattum ennanu paathutaen :neutral:

littlemaster1982
21st December 2011, 07:02 AM
Dhanush/simbu madhiri yaaravadhu nadichu irundha.. i guess samaya hit aagi irukum.. But seriously arulnidi :clap: for selecting and producing this kind of a movie.

Dhanush would have knocked it out of the park. Simbu kooda Osthi-kku badhila idhula nadichirukkalam. Anyway it's too much to expect anything from him :lol2:

littlemaster1982
21st December 2011, 07:03 AM
aripu thaangama antha "one other particular film" mattum ennanu paathutaen :neutral:

That's a minor twist actually. Wouldn't spoil the film even if you know it.

Cinemarasigan
21st December 2011, 12:03 PM
Happy to see the positive reviews,, indha weekend-la pAkkaradhukku oru padam irukku..

kubrick
21st December 2011, 09:32 PM

That's a minor twist actually. Wouldn't spoil the film even if you know it.

Though that's true butI actually regret putting that spoiler comment now. Personally I hate it when people spoil something for me, Naaney adha pannitten. Sorry boss. From now on ill control this cheap urge.

Roshan
21st December 2011, 09:41 PM
I am thinking of watching it in theater.. trailer was impressive.

VinodKumar's
21st December 2011, 10:14 PM
Though that's true butI actually regret putting that spoiler comment now. Personally I hate it when people spoil something for me, Naaney adha pannitten. Sorry boss. From now on ill control this cheap urge.

No worries Kubrick (eppdi koopdurathu ).

kubrick
22nd December 2011, 01:26 AM
No worries Kubrick (eppdi koopdurathu ).

Ha ha.. konjam over ah irukku la? ketta vaartha illaama eppdi venaalum kooptukunga.

NOV
22nd December 2011, 08:24 PM
paaththaachu.... 11 of us in the cinema :lol:

good movie... but lead character thaan :banghead: wooden face, wooden expression, wooden dialogues

but movie worked for me, in spite of him

lead girl was very pretty :P

sathya_1979
22nd December 2011, 09:07 PM
wooden dialogues? :roll:

Sid_316
22nd December 2011, 09:09 PM
Romance scenes lam thaanga mudila :hammer: Lead pair seri illa

littlemaster1982
22nd December 2011, 10:34 PM
They could've totally done away with that romance track :|

kubrick
23rd December 2011, 12:24 AM

Athu nadanthutta thaan naama engengeyo poiruvomey. Naamellaam family oda padam paakra koottam, antha culture laam avlo seekrama vandhuraadhu. Yaaravadhu trend set pannaathaan undu.

NOV
23rd December 2011, 05:49 AM
wooden dialogues? ::delivery :D
the weaving of the plot was good.

how is the movie faring in TN?

MumbaiRamki
23rd December 2011, 09:59 PM
1) Mouna Guru - Three cops - one completly corrupt , other partial , a third cop who is cat on the wall of morality , female pregnant cop doing the investigation - yes , it is the familiar situation of a rural protagonist getting caught in the urban web - but it has been told fantastically - so engaging , appealing . GO for it !

2) Why such lound background score ? It was so bad , use of themese would have been effective .

3) Is the director associate of Mysskin ? so much for his style of narration . although not so dim lights and weird camera angles - despite the same camera man mahesh muthuswamy !

4)The two best scenes come within the first 1 hr - One involving an accident and the corrupt police discovering its more than that - The reaction of each policeman is picture perfect - effective characterisation and its manifestation.Second scene - where the corrupt police desperately tries to save the woman and we expect him he is empathetic only to find the dialogue at the end of it squashing it

5) Curious - why specifically a pregnant woman police - just a gimmick or anything sub text here ?

6) It was a big relief after the loud velayudham and ' high on aim but failed' 7am arivu - It is 5-6 characters and how what they do at wrong time ends up affecting the protagonist !!

7) Ever since kadhal came - we see realistic faces . We have the arts college - if its lingusamy , you would have seen a high class villain in a mercedes . Its not the case here . It is as , as you see in real life . Esp i like the 'mini-villain' character in colege..

8) A 75 year old paati came to watch the film - did she mistake it for the mouna guru for saamiyar movie ?

9) Few words on the climax - this aspect of senior policemen succumbing to external factors is not new - but its the timing , context which makes it realistic . A de cade ago, a policeman who fights against this bureacracy was seen as potrayin g different - now the acceptance of it is seen as realistic . I could see the parallel in my field . Fantastic !

SoftSword
24th December 2011, 09:01 AM

+2.
i din like her either... speed breaker for the already slow movie... edho doctorku padikkudhum, oru murayachum enna oosi podranganu bottle edutthu paakkumnu nenachen.. useless-average-looking-only-thangachi-of-anni... worst written character in the movie...
and the arulnidhi... excels in the way he shows the singular expression, dialog delivery while speaking to his enemies, figure, mother, brother, father, no matter whoever...
i could not tolerate his voice, jayam ravi now sounds far better.

otherwise, a gripping movie...
i like the slow pace of the movie, and thats how i want the movies good movies, to be slow and keeps going on...
moosic too was good...
appreciate the director for avoiding songs at some tempting romance moments...
i don understand wat the director tries to convey with the montages he chose to show during the title...
and riyas khan, best written character in the movie...

MumbaiRamki
24th December 2011, 06:17 PM
Softswrod ,
I thought she was apt for the character - you dont want a thammana to come and distract .. it should be just one of those characters whom he has an emotional bond .... I didnt see it as an insert, but just one more aspect in the web .

Title - sir , arul nidhi ku title song sir .. vamsam kuda vechaanga illa ..... it was supposed to be shown as a guy whom dont care if two guys fight among themselves - as far as he is not disturbed , he will mind his job ... :)

interz
27th December 2011, 02:40 AM
Mouna Guru - Masterpiece/Left over piece?

I cant decide whether its a good movie or bad movie. It had good moments, bad moments and some boring moments too.

The good part is you can atleast watch this movie once, there is no commercial elements, its strictly a thriller. Even the songs are short. Camera and editing super, just like in Yutham Sei, Anjathey, Kalavaani.

The bad parts In my opinion: How the hell did hero escape from getting killed so many times, all the corrupt polica had a gun, and could have killed him any time, even in the forest. The hero's mum (Vijays mum in Sura) has a hobby, that is to make me irritated which she succeed on. If the heroine was clever she wouldnt have fallen in love with a quiet type who every one consideres weird. BGM should have been better for a thriller movie. K or SUndar Babu might have keept the movie interesting by supporting with good BGM.

But hats of to the director for not making a commercial thriller, but an intelligent thriller.

jaiganes
27th December 2011, 03:05 AM
1) Mouna Guru - Three cops - one completly corrupt , other partial , a third cop who is cat on the wall of morality , female pregnant cop doing the investigation - yes , it is the familiar situation of a rural protagonist getting caught in the urban web - but it has been told fantastically - so engaging , appealing . GO for it !

2) Why such lound background score ? It was so bad , use of themese would have been effective .

3) Is the director associate of Mysskin ? so much for his style of narration . although not so dim lights and weird camera angles - despite the same camera man mahesh muthuswamy !

4)The two best scenes come within the first 1 hr - One involving an accident and the corrupt police discovering its more than that - The reaction of each policeman is picture perfect - effective characterisation and its manifestation.Second scene - where the corrupt police desperately tries to save the woman and we expect him he is empathetic only to find the dialogue at the end of it squashing it

5) Curious - why specifically a pregnant woman police - just a gimmick or anything sub text here ?

6) It was a big relief after the loud velayudham and ' high on aim but failed' 7am arivu - It is 5-6 characters and how what they do at wrong time ends up affecting the protagonist !!

7) Ever since kadhal came - we see realistic faces . We have the arts college - if its lingusamy , you would have seen a high class villain in a mercedes . Its not the case here . It is as , as you see in real life . Esp i like the 'mini-villain' character in colege..

8) A 75 year old paati came to watch the film - did she mistake it for the mouna guru for saamiyar movie ?

9) Few words on the climax - this aspect of senior policemen succumbing to external factors is not new - but its the timing , context which makes it realistic . A de cade ago, a policeman who fights against this bureacracy was seen as potrayin g different - now the acceptance of it is seen as realistic . I could see the parallel in my field . Fantastic !

For #5 - Fargo paarungo.

RC
28th December 2011, 06:14 AM
Finished watching Mouna Guru! The movie kept the viewer (me) engaged from the start till the end.
Performance wise nothing great and at the same time nothing to complain especially Arulnidhi. I like the lead actress though I thought she would have something to do during the mental hospital episode.
Background score was at times loud and at times good.
No separate comdey track diverting the viewer's interests.
recent-aa vandha eththanayO padangaLil oru nalla padam.

G.T
28th December 2011, 06:38 PM
Mouna Guru - Masterpiece/Left over piece?

I cant decide whether its a good movie or bad movie. It had good moments, bad moments and some boring moments too.

The good part is you can atleast watch this movie once, there is no commercial elements, its strictly a thriller. Even the songs are short. Camera and editing super, just like in Yutham Sei, Anjathey, Kalavaani.

The bad parts In my opinion: How the hell did hero escape from getting killed so many times, all the corrupt polica had a gun, and could have killed him any time, even in the forest. The hero's mum (Vijays mum in Sura) has a hobby, that is to make me irritated which she succeed on. If the heroine was clever she wouldnt have fallen in love with a quiet type who every one consideres weird. BGM should have been better for a thriller movie. K or SUndar Babu might have keept the movie interesting by supporting with good BGM.

But hats of to the director for not making a commercial thriller, but an intelligent thriller.

'How the hell did hero escape from getting killed so many times, all the corrupt polica had a gun, and could have killed him any time, even in the forest. '
That has happened in many tamil movies so i dont know y your complaining about this movie only

19thmay
2nd January 2012, 10:04 AM
Good movie - Loved it. Climax, conversation with the deaf and dumb kids topped everything. All dots were well connected. Yes, romance didn't work at all apart from that no big flaws.

Somehow I felt that Alibaba should have got similar recognition.

balaajee
2nd January 2012, 12:52 PM
HATS off - Santha Kumar you made every one perfect for their roles inc HERO. We can strongly prescribe this movie to our friends & Family.

balaajee
2nd January 2012, 12:56 PM
'How the hell did hero escape from getting killed so many times, all the corrupt polica had a gun, and could have killed him any time, even in the forest. '
That has happened in many tamil movies so i dont know y your complaining about this movie only

There are lot of Dialogue & Situational happenings which answers the same, more over he is innocent & honesy(turth as its power).

VENKIRAJA
3rd January 2012, 10:25 PM
Why is Arulnidhi taunted here? He did a fairly decent job.
Very good philim.

RC
4th January 2012, 04:34 AM
Becks - I agree with you on Alibaba! watched that recently and liked it! Krishna (Hero pEru adhu thaanE?) did a good job...

Thirumaran
6th January 2012, 05:27 PM
Number of shows and theaters are increased for Mouna Guru in Chennai :clap: In Tambaram area itself it is shown in Vettri and Varadharaja theaters 4 shows each. And the recent crap Rajapattai is taken away from those theaters within 2 weeks.

From Ticketnew site::

Vettri Theatres

* 11:20 AM
* 2:40 PM
* 6:20 PM
* 9:40 PM

Abirami Mega Mall

* 1:00 PM
* 4:00 PM
* 7:00 PM
* 10:00 PM

Albert Complex

* 6:30 PM

KASI

* 3:00 PM

Prarthana Complex

* 11:30 AM
* 2:30 PM
* 6:45 PM
* 9:45 PM

Rakki Cinemas

Raj Theatre

Sri Ganga Theatre A/C Dts

Varadharaja Theatre A/c dts

* 2:45 PM

Rohini Theatres

* 12:00 PM

Sri Laskshmi Theatre - Red Hills

* 6:40 PM

Meenakshi Cinemas A/C dts - Avadi

Sri Murugan Cinemas - Ambattur

* 11:40 AM
* 3:05 PM

Kumaran Theatre - Madipakkam

* 9:30 PM

Sri Shanmuga Theatre

balaajee
6th January 2012, 05:34 PM
Number of shows and theaters are increased for Mouna Guru in Chennai :clap: In Tambaram area itself it is shown in Vettri and Varadharaja theaters 4 shows each. And the recent crap Rajapattai is taken away from those theaters within 2 weeks.

From Ticketnew site::

Vettri Theatres

* 11:20 AM
* 6:20 PM
* 9:40 PM

Abirami Mega Mall

* 1:00 PM
* 4:00 PM

Albert Complex

KASI

Prarthana Complex

* 6:45 PM

Rakki Cinemas

Raj Theatre

Sri Ganga Theatre A/C Dts

Varadharaja Theatre A/c dts

Rohini Theatres

* 12:00 PM

Sri Laskshmi Theatre - Red Hills

Meenakshi Cinemas A/C dts - Avadi

Sri Murugan Cinemas - Ambattur

* 11:40 AM
* 3:05 PM

Kumaran Theatre - Madipakkam

* 9:30 PM

Sri Shanmuga Theatre

2 WEEKS is long run for that MOVIE.

littlemaster1982
6th January 2012, 05:39 PM

Good to know. I really wanted this film to succeed.

hattori_hanzo
6th January 2012, 06:15 PM

In Kasi, Osthi was running 3 shows and Mounaguru 1 show till last week. Now Osthi has been completely removed and Mounaguru increased to 3 shows. :-)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
6th January 2012, 06:26 PM
Why is Arulnidhi taunted here? He did a fairly decent job.
Very good philim.He didnt do much in the film. Only good action he really does, in story is kidnapping the inspector. Mostly it is the story which keeps us engaged and not the hero. But thats what he is capable of. The best thing, appreciable, which arulnidhi did is to choose this story and produce himself :clap:

SoftSword
6th January 2012, 07:24 PM
mumbai ramki,

i am ok with the girl character in the story... only that i am irritated for she is useless... why is she a doctor in the script... why not a engineer, lawyer... if doctor wats the use of it... the thinking level of this girl is that of a school girl...

one more doubt...
in his sondha oor, the hero beats a cop and the cop is later shown as getting advice from umarias... and when the hero moves to the city, its shown as if uma has been working there for years.... whr does uma actually work? why was she seen in heros oor initially?

VENKIRAJA
6th January 2012, 07:31 PM
one more doubt...
in his sondha oor, the hero beats a cop and the cop is later shown as getting advice from umarias... and when the hero moves to the city, its shown as if uma has been working there for years.... whr does uma actually work? why was she seen in heros oor initially?

Guess she used to work in Chennai and got transferred to MDU.
Due to pregnancy, she gets a transfer back home, maybe (I guess thats the obvious reason)
Just to show she is convinced that Karunaakaran isn't guilty, even as she proceeds with the case, maybe?

SoftSword
6th January 2012, 07:31 PM
also, i was never comfortable watching the romance scenes... may there neither was physics nor chemistry... their scenes made me restless like they doing kallakkaadhal... oru feel-goodave illa...

and those who claim the hero to hav acted well pls give pics from movie whr he shows more than two face reactions, one kovam and other saantham...

SoftSword
6th January 2012, 07:42 PM
Due to pregnancy, she gets a transfer back home, maybe (I guess thats the obvious reason)
Just to show she is convinced that Karunaakaran isn't guilty, even as she proceeds with the case, maybe?

this is possible in reality but does that look like a well thought out sequence in the script? wats so necessary to show that character in his sondha oor first.... moreover i am not sure if she reacts like she has known this guy in that oor before sees him for the first time in the murder investigation thread... secondly the hero is shifted to the city within weeks of the cop hitting incident and no scene in the station gave a clue that she was transferred back and forth recently...

SoftSword
6th January 2012, 07:44 PM
is it mdu and chennai? i thot like its trichy and mdu...

Thirumaran
6th January 2012, 08:38 PM

Oh yeah.. I was sure this movie will succeed. :p

Roshan
6th January 2012, 10:34 PM
Oh yeah.. I was sure this movie will succeed. :p

Good to know that the number of screens have increased. I have plans to watch it in Chennai around next week end.

VENKIRAJA
6th January 2012, 11:31 PM
this is possible in reality but does that look like a well thought out sequence in the script? wats so necessary to show that character in his sondha oor first.... moreover i am not sure if she reacts like she has known this guy in that oor before sees him for the first time in the murder investigation thread... secondly the hero is shifted to the city within weeks of the cop hitting incident and no scene in the station gave a clue that she was transferred back and forth recently...

Bad editing maybe.
That might the precursor to make a decision of working the case away from Karuna, which leads to the course of events I assumed.
MDU or Trichy? :confused: yosichu paartha seriya dhaan therla..

Thirumaran
6th January 2012, 11:33 PM
Good to know that the number of screens have increased. I have plans to watch it in Chennai around next week end.
ayyo paavam.. by next week end Nanban and Vettai would be filling 90% of the theaters and shows...

Roshan
6th January 2012, 11:50 PM
ayyo paavam.. by next week end Nanban and Vettai would be filling 90% of the theaters and shows...

Oh but intha padamum Odumnu nenekiRaen... want to watch Nanban as well... But ticket kidaikkumaanu theriyala..

VENKIRAJA
6th January 2012, 11:53 PM
Oh but intha padamum Odumnu nenekiRaen... want to watch Nanban as well... But ticket kidaikkumaanu theriyala..
Booking started for Sangam and Abirami on Ticketnew ;)

Roshan
7th January 2012, 12:09 AM
Booking started for Sangam and Abirami on Ticketnew ;)

I dont know much about these bookings :( will not mind joining some hubbers who are planning to watch it on 15th or 16th.

wizzy
7th January 2012, 02:43 AM
Just came back from the movie :) Uma Riaz gets to know about her pregnancy in Madurai so when she meets Arulnidhi again in Chennai it should have been months going by her appearance...we are led to believe that Arulnidhi discontinued his studies during the 2nd year at Madurai college and it took them about a month to get a readmission from his bro/wife conversation hence the trouble in getting a hostel room..In the shooting range scene John Vijay chides Uma Riaz's honesty for her point-point transfers between Chennai/Madurai

VinodKumar's
7th January 2012, 03:02 AM
Just came back from the movie :) Uma Riaz gets to know about her pregnancy in Madurai so when she meets Arulnidhi again in Chennai it should have been months going by her appearance...we are led to believe that Arulnidhi discontinued his studies during the 2nd year at Madurai college and it took them about a month to get a readmission from his bro/wife conversation hence the trouble in getting a hostel room..In the shooting range scene John Vijay chides Uma Riaz's honesty for her point-point transfers between Chennai/Madurai

Athu Uma Riaz thaana :ashamed: ... Mokka print la Uma Riaz "Uma Riaz maathiri thaan" theriyuthu ... ennada uma riaz maariyae irukunu nenachikitu irunthaen. I see similarities between Arulnidhi and Vishal (voice , walking , fighting ellam ).

littlemaster1982
7th January 2012, 09:42 AM
Athu Uma Riaz thaana :ashamed: ... Mokka print la Uma Riaz "Uma Riaz maathiri thaan" theriyuthu ... ennada uma riaz maariyae irukunu nenachikitu irunthaen. I see similarities between Arulnidhi and Vishal (voice , walking , fighting ellam ).

Arulnithi is a better actor than Vishal :)

kubrick
7th January 2012, 12:16 PM

Enne ippdi solteenga? Dia Dia Dole'ku apram koodava?

littlemaster1982
7th January 2012, 01:05 PM
Enne ippdi solteenga? Dia Dia Dole'ku apram koodava?

That film reaffirmed my opinion that Vishal cannot act :)

SoftSword
7th January 2012, 07:14 PM

master neenga munna maadhiri alavaa karutthu solradhe nalladhu :)

Balaji.r
8th January 2012, 07:06 PM

Not really, On the opening scene U.Riyaz would be having phone call with her friend / relative that time she would be sharing the good news. If she is keen on being at her home place she wouldnt have taken transfer during the later stages.
As for as framing opinion on Arulnidhi, I dont think she would have remembered meeting him. Because when Arulnidhi walks into the station with the kid, one of the constable would identify as PC`s Kid. Then the scene would be followed at hospital,when the PC try to give reasoning of the incident U.Riyaz would cut the conversation and will say ellam ennaku theriyum and you are already in suspension etc on top of this kaalangathala kudichittu yaaro oruthanoda sandaiku poirukeenga.

Overall a decent movie. Climax could have been better.

selvamohankumar
8th January 2012, 07:30 PM

VIshal was ok in Avan Ivan .. May be the boss was the reason.. Bala Boss!

littlemaster1982
8th January 2012, 07:46 PM
master neenga munna maadhiri alavaa karutthu solradhe nalladhu :)

Haha, konjam overa poitteno :)

Karikalen
14th January 2012, 09:19 PM
Good film. The first half was very engaging. A rare commodity in today's Tamil film industry.

smaiitm
19th January 2012, 02:07 AM
Pretty engaging movie. The surprise package really is the very impressive Woman Police Inspector. The Person who acts as the baddie, the AC looks like a demented person in a cops uniform. Just because somebody is bad does not mean that they have to indicate it all the time, with a tilt of the head and twisted lips and slit eyes. The plot keeps one engaged through to the place where the story enters the murky waters of the lead male character being confined in the lunatic bin. Then it becomes a little thin as folks start shooting at each other and people get killed and hurt. The only thing that then remains is what happens to the hero? Does he get killed or is it a "Subham" ending? Not much of a surprise there either. The old fashioned and oft used "after a few years" leads us to the lead pair in happier days.
As far as performances go the pick is the Woman Inspector. She carries herself and role to perfection. The constable and the police fellow named Selvam also are good. The lead male's brother is the-concerned-at-arms-distance type. Does his job well. The mother is the loud, crass town female. Wonder when this typecasting is going to change. The lead female has nothing much to do and hence nothing to write about. The lead male cannot act. There is no emotion that he expresses well, except being morose. The shouting scenes do not sit well. Long way to go for him. The "father" of the institute is sincere in his portrayal. No surprise that the black sheep was from within.
A very good movie for most part. Decent portrayals by most of the folks. Lucky for the hero that he can be morose for most part of the movie and hence the lack of requirement to act.

Siv.S
22nd January 2012, 01:53 PM
Excellent :clap: :clap: fascinating thriller with enough twist and turns... Casting is perfect... Arulnidhi,Uma,all the four police officers,that babu guy,father.. all well written characters.. even those small mother-son scenes also beautifully written.. liked every frame except Arulnidhi's dialogue delivery (that theriyuma theriyuma repeatedly)in the climax scene.

I liked that Babu guy very much... his dialogues are :clap: .. "Romba slow-aa nadakkuthu pola" "around 10" :lol:

Siv.S
22nd January 2012, 02:04 PM
one more doubt...

Bad editing maybe.
That might the precursor to make a decision of working the case away from Karuna, which leads to the course of events I assumed.
MDU or Trichy? :confused: yosichu paartha seriya dhaan therla..
The conversation between John-uma at the fire range explains everything ..
"Enna pazhiniammal Chennai-Mdu, Mdu-Chennai nu maathitte irukkenga... Athukku Uma kodukkira look-ye pothum.. yetho hoenst-aa irunthathukku kidacha transfer-nnu...sontha kaarangalam Mdu-la than sir irukkangannu oru reply varum.

Nerd
22nd January 2012, 10:40 PM
Fantastic first half. Loved the way how the director built up the tension. And everything starts with the most trivial of actions (Call his brother using a 1 Re. Phone). Some awesome writing/screenplay. I was thoroughly impressed. Second half, not so much. The tension/build up was completely missing and the director loses control over the film. And the climax was very underwhelming. Nothing intelligent or brilliant about most parts of the 2nd half.

Performances, a little inconsistent. Arulnidhi was good in the 1st half where he had nothing to do literally, but was pathetic in the last few mins which warranted some good expressions/delivery from him. His brother was unbelievably horrible. The others were good, particularly liked the police quartet. Romance track was OK, but had absolutely zero value to the film. I was thinking "Doctor" Iniya will add some value to the film but was disappointed that it did not happen.

The "Fargo" police woman was sure menacing in the first half, be she goes completely missing until the final 20 mins. I was thinking she would do something spectacular towards the end but.. Some really good casting (except Arulnidhi and his brother). Thaman, plis to retire from any kind of music making.

Santhakumar can be appreciated for the brilliant first half. COuld have been a masterpiece, if he had maintained the same in the 2nd half, but it was not terrible either.

Scale
23rd January 2012, 12:06 AM
"Doctor" Iniya will add some value to the film

இவங்களுக்கு எதுக்கு இந்த வேலை :shock:

RC
23rd January 2012, 07:08 AM
Mounaguru better print available in Youtube... For those who are interested
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp63MlyDRTA&feature=related