PDA

View Full Version : Football Thread 4 - (Season 2014-15)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

PARAMASHIVAN
26th June 2012, 01:46 PM
What makes you think Italian media weren't as bad..

Every media has it's own "Over hype" thing, but English media is some thing else, mate I lived for 24 years here, I know what they are like. They are still recovering from 1966 Glory!

kid-glove
26th June 2012, 02:49 PM
Every media has it's own "Over hype" thing, but English media is some thing else, mate I lived for 24 years here, I know what they are like. They are still recovering from 1966 Glory!

I think that's a gross exaggeration. Generally English media tend to be negative about their national football team, it's when it comes to club, you could see their biased diatribe against foreign managers, players and teams.

PARAMASHIVAN
26th June 2012, 02:58 PM
I think that's a gross exaggeration. Generally English media tend to be negative about their national football team, it's when it comes to club, you could see their biased diatribe against foreign managers, players and teams.

To be honset Normal fans here are nothing like the media, they even talk openly about how bad their teams are (Football/Cricket). But one thing I like in them is that,they still support their team despite knowing that they will not win .

Sari viduvOm :)

Rbee
26th June 2012, 08:42 PM
I think Germans have restricted their flair this time. But they have been fun to watch IMHO.

And how could you say their football isn't very technical? Isn't Schweini, Ozil, Reus, Goetze, Kroos flair enough for you? ;-) Schurrle, Mueller are fantastic draughtsmen off the ball. Poldi's been more restricted in group stages. Gomez is a traditional striker, I'd prefer Klose for his all-round CF-play. Khedira, although a DM, makes some great offensive movements. I'm more than OK with them winning. Hummels is more of a attacking player than a CB, idhukku mela enna vEnum? And their combination play isn't down to physical prowess. That they have athletes doesn't mean they aren't skilled enough. In fact, one of the complaints from Germans is that they have abandoned their traditional qualities of power, grit, fight and determination, sacrificing it all for flair and good football, like Oranje used to be. Role-reversal :(

Even Spain/Italy do not let the opponents to have the ball, they retrieve and keep it.

From the place where I am, the sight of onrushing German players doesn't make a good viewing. It make the opponents panicky. Italians/Spanish don't do that to their opponents. I feel Germans have undue advantage due to their physique. I followed the Portugal Germany match closely. The Portuguese were not bad at all. It looked like the height and others aspects of their physique were the only thinsg that made them look inferior to the Germans. I have never sat through one game of Bundesliga , its like watching Qatar Stars league football.

podaskie
26th June 2012, 10:49 PM
Germany's football is not very technical. They rely on physical prowess more than anything. One look at their frontmen/midfiled you will know they are all supreme athletes. Their game is physical. They will never let the opponents to have the ball. They will immediately rush to retrieve it. Never liked the germans, can never like them in another 100 years. So Italy inimae un kaila thaan ellam. Enna ?

Being very objective, Italy has everything in its possession to frustrate the germans. I wish them all the best !

I am hoping for a Italy vs Protugal final

only gomez,khedria & boateng are physical players, if you watched bundesliga u might know & hopefully you will live for 100 years to dislike them..

tamizharasan
26th June 2012, 11:11 PM
What makes you think Italian media weren't as bad..
KG
My assumption is based on bbc website. For example americans also market their team and it irritates me sometime but they do win significant times but BBC is all about hype with very less substance. For example they are talking about wimbledon title for Murray for the several years but he is yet to make final appearance at wimbledon.

sathya_1979
26th June 2012, 11:11 PM
Arsenal sign Giroud

kid-glove
26th June 2012, 11:13 PM
only gomez,khedria & boateng are physical players, if you watched bundesliga u might know & hopefully you will live for 100 years to dislike them..
Yes. I find it strange to comment on physicality of German teams at this moment. Maybe few seasons back, yes. But there's a new generation of technically superior footballers now.

podaskie
26th June 2012, 11:14 PM
From the place where I am, the sight of onrushing German players doesn't make a good viewing. It make the opponents panicky. Italians/Spanish don't do that to their opponents. I feel Germans have undue advantage due to their physique. I followed the Portugal Germany match closely. The Portuguese were not bad at all. It looked like the height and others aspects of their physique were the only thinsg that made them look inferior to the Germans. I have never sat through one game of Bundesliga , its like watching Qatar Stars league football.

portugal was as bad as greece for their negative tactics, they played for a draw & only after german scored they attacked, which even a 2nd league team, will do it for last 10mins..

kid-glove
26th June 2012, 11:14 PM
Arsenal sign Giroud

Good signing! Now to get rid of Park/Chamakh!

podaskie
26th June 2012, 11:24 PM
KG
My assumption is based on bbc website. For example americans also market their team and it irritates me sometime but they do win significant times but BBC is all about hype with very less substance. For example they are talking about wimbledon title for Murray for the several years but he is yet to make final appearance at wimbledon.

Yes, Once i watched wc10 germany vs england match in bbc one, only to press mute key & their commentary team mowbray & mark "height of exhibiting"

kid-glove
26th June 2012, 11:31 PM
Oh BBC are in deed annoying in their coverage.

Rbee
27th June 2012, 12:29 AM
I bet this German team will come a cropper against technically sound team like Spain.

kid-glove
27th June 2012, 12:32 AM
Why go that far? I'd even be willing to bet that htey could fail against ITaly. After all, as I said the other day, Azurris OWN & PWN die Mannschaft. :D

I'd not hold it against them though. :)

selvakumar
27th June 2012, 12:25 PM
<dig>I have to disagree with the comments on English media. Guardian, BBC etc are quite known for reporting news well and you won't get any emotional news. I have read some of the books from their journalists and if we say they are bad, I would see the one who is good. It may not be applicable for sports columns but overall they are too good IMHO </dig>

Bala (Karthik)
27th June 2012, 01:04 PM
Watching the German football team is similar to watching their hockey team. Doesn't trigger excitement or passion.They will win this championship. Hope Spain put up a good fight

Well played, Italia. Semis vandhadhe nalla show dhaan :clap:

Bala (Karthik)
27th June 2012, 01:07 PM
but yesterday i was more disappointed with Italy than England......65% posession and ~34 shots on/near the goal - still they couldnt score.......they lack the finishing touch of German forwards - was particularly pissed with Cassano - tried so many times without success....
:exactly:
Balotelli - :banghead: Ivarukku Baasha madhiri rendu mugam irukka? That i have not seen? City-la vlaadumbodhu thillaalalngadi velai ellaam pannaara? How the hell is this guy in the national team of a decent footballing nation? Inzhagi is Devudu compared to this guy

Cassano was also soora waste in the match

kid-glove
27th June 2012, 01:36 PM
Cassano creates chances. Balo doesn't do that.

Balo's goal vs Ireland partheengala? The lad could do the insane but is also prone to ridiculous.

He has EVERYTHING. I mean everything.

He could score with both feet. He could head the ball. His first touch and control is immaculate. He could dribble and hold the ball in tight spaces. He could play good passes and make assists.

When he first started for Inter, I thought he'd be as good as Ronaldo, Kluivert. We don't see such strikers any more.

He obviously works better with Rossi (as evidenced from qualifying), but in paper, he should also be able to make a good team with Cassano, but it has failed for very many reasons. The biggest being his temperament. He has had 1 on 1's with GKs, and every time his brain farted (I think he wants to lob or do something fancy, to portray his 'coolness'), allowing Ramos, Terry, Andrews and whoever to clear or dispossess him at the right moment. To draught into such positions, you could never teach that. However it could be argued even Di Natale is a mobile striker and will make such runs, no question would finish better too. So maybe he should be played.

Inzaghi is a poacher who knows to finish. But he offered little else. And why should he? He was meant to do that only. A time when Italy were spoilt with trequartistas. Now, they play with Regista like Pirlo, the balls will come from deep, finding its way to runs of strikers with good link-play. As good as Cassano is, he'd never be a trequartista, and Balotelli, as good as his abilities are, he'd never be limited to being only just a 'poacher'. But both could get on end of Pirlo's deliveries. What they're missing is the finishing touch. If you had a Inzaghi in place of either (or Di Natale), you'd have lot more offsides (Inzaghi's record is high even with Totti's deliveries!) and he'd not be able to link-up.

kid-glove
27th June 2012, 01:41 PM
Everyone underrated Italy, I had always been positive about Prandelli's team. I am proved right.

As painful and shameful as it is for an Oranje fan, I will also be proved right about German domination with their technical ability and good football. I am the Oracle of football predictions. Except not vs Italy, who OWN them. :D

kid-glove
27th June 2012, 01:47 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/01/18/article-2088278-0E7F580B00000578-646_468x323.jpg

Bala (Karthik)
27th June 2012, 01:51 PM
Cassano creates chances. Balo doesn't do that.

Yes

Balo's goal vs Ireland partheengala? The lad could do the insane but is also prone to ridiculous.

Time and space kuduthu free-a vitta pannuvaar nu thonichu

He could score with both feet. He could head the ball. His first touch and control is immaculate. He could dribble and hold the ball in tight spaces. He could play good passes and make assists.
When he first started for Inter, I thought he'd be as good as Ronaldo, Kluivert. We don't see such strikers any more.

So, obviously, he is not showing the thillalangadi he is capable of (baffling to me nevertheless). Going through a lean patch i guess

The biggest being his temperament. He has had 1 on 1's with GKs, and every time his brain farted (I think he wants to lob or do something fancy, to portray his 'coolness'), allowing Ramos, Terry, Andrews and whoever to clear or dispossess him at the right moment.

:exactly: How many incisive through balls. He seems to take forever, like a sloth bear

However it could be argued even Di Natale is a mobile striker and will make such runs, no question would finish better too. So maybe he should be played.

Absolutely. It might have proved costly against England. Prandu will retain him because they won :|

kid-glove
27th June 2012, 02:25 PM
Balo will win or lose championships, sometimes both that he neuters his effects and defects. For Italia, he's been more defective indeed. Time for him to repay the faith of one Mr.Prandu. :lol2:

I'd advocate playing Di Natale against the krauts, and drop Motta, Nocerino shud play. It should be a homogenized Italy. :D

ajithfederer
27th June 2012, 05:26 PM
Serumani, itthali ellam namakku aagadha team gala irukke. Spain-um oru wc, oru euro jeichutaanuga. Okay under dog portugal support i yam.

Ok outside support to serumani also, the australians(??) of football.

kid-glove
27th June 2012, 08:31 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/06/25/article-2164258-13C3C17B000005DC-919_468x286.jpg

kid-glove
27th June 2012, 08:33 PM
This is disgraceful btw:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/euro2012/article-2165160/Euro-2012-Mario-Balotelli-race-storm-newspaper-cartoon.html

Rbee
28th June 2012, 02:47 AM
Ok till now

Rbee
28th June 2012, 02:57 AM
Shite

interz
28th June 2012, 03:05 AM
Llego Espana.

Not the kind of semifinale as expected, but my favourite team is in the finale.

Viva Cesc Fabregas & Casillas

NOV
28th June 2012, 07:09 AM
world champions :rotfl:

kid-glove
28th June 2012, 12:38 PM
Why :rotfl:

First 90 minutes, Portugal have been up at it. In particular, the midfield trio of Veloso, Meireles and Moutinho have closed down passes & angles pretty well. Mad Man Pepe did well. His passing after winning the ball back as well as from the deep has been superb! did Negredo request to see the tournament for free? Torres & Negredo preferred to Llorente & Soldado (not even in the squad) is madness IMO.

If he wants 'tall' double pivot, he could at least play Javi Martinez in place of Busquets. And I see no point of Xavi, rendered obsolete. Will Del Bosque take that double pivot to his grave? With so much talent at his expense as well. He needs Fiorentino Perez. :Evil laugh:

Alba-Pedro and Navas together with Iniesta and Cesc made the last 30 minutes incredibly tense for Portugal. They should play such a system if they are to score goals in finals.

How many clutch moments Cesc would be involved in, for Spain. I hate the twat though. Ronaldo :rotfl: :rotfl2: Coward.

Meanwhile BvM quits. Let's get Guardiola #OranjeWishList #KNVB

PARAMASHIVAN
28th June 2012, 02:30 PM
Espania :thumbsup:

Like I predicted it would be Germany Vs Spain! :) and Germany to beat Spain by 1-0 or 2-1

KlamRoyA
28th June 2012, 02:32 PM
Espania :thumbsup:

Like I predicted it would be Germany Vs Spain! :) and Germany to beat Spain by 1-0 or 2-1

Spain dint lose to Germany for past 15 years...:???:

Bala (Karthik)
28th June 2012, 09:40 PM
This is disgraceful btw:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/euro2012/article-2165160/Euro-2012-Mario-Balotelli-race-storm-newspaper-cartoon.html
:banghead:

BTW, anyone managed to spot any blacks in the stadiums?

Bala (Karthik)
28th June 2012, 09:44 PM
Why :rotfl:

First 90 minutes, Portugal have been up at it. In particular, the midfield trio of Veloso, Meireles and Moutinho have closed down passes & angles pretty well.

Exactly. They almost snuffed the life out. Spain rallied well in ET though

Ronaldo :rotfl: :rotfl2: Coward.

?I thought he wanted to go for glory, hit the winning penalty.... BTW, irritating to see him throw himself around at the slightest opportunity.

kid-glove
28th June 2012, 09:44 PM
Not many..

If that's worst face of Italia, look at this from Bild

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/548200_451014838256262_680896629_n.jpg

kid-glove
28th June 2012, 10:00 PM
?I thought he wanted to go for glory, hit the winning penalty.... BTW, irritating to see him throw himself around at the slightest opportunity.

Yeah, he' rather he a hero than a brave leader.. No way he'd underestimate Saint Iker that it'd go to 10th kick :twisted: How does letting Bruno Alves step in before him give Portugal a good chance?

Btw Ramos doing a Pirlo made me think of Totti (vs VDS) and Zidane (vs Buffon) again. Balls of steel. More so after his sky-liner vs Neuer in CL semis

PARAMASHIVAN
28th June 2012, 10:04 PM
Spain dint lose to Germany for past 15 years...:???:

:roll: hmm Final la parpOm :)

kid-glove
28th June 2012, 10:17 PM
Like I predicted it would be Germany Vs Spain!

How did you forecast such a difficult (cue: sarcasm) one.

kid-glove
28th June 2012, 10:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifk0M2gwCr0&feature=player_embedded

kid-glove
29th June 2012, 12:09 AM
Vialli very optimistic about Balotelli and reminds everyone of his capabilities to be best striker in the world (future ballon d'or winner if he gets mind right).

Vialli also reminded everyone not to be harsh about him, only 21 years old..

BBC panel very good today.

Superb point btw by everyone that both Montolivo and De Rossi being capable of taking playmaking duties if Pirlo is heavily marked (think thta's why Kroos is played with Schweini and Khedira in the middle, Reus not in :( Mueller out. Poldi-Gomez-Ozil up front. Good options from the bench with Reus, Schurrle, Klose, Goetze..

kid-glove
29th June 2012, 12:14 AM
And Chiellini is back. :thumbsup: Marchisio is due a long range goal. Abate injured, so Balzaretti at RB? :hammer:

And still no Nocerino. :( At least, there's no Motta :)

-----------Buffon
Balzaretti-Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini
----------Pirlo
Marchisio--De Rossi---Montolivo
-----Cassano--Balotelli

vs

------------Neuer
Boateng--Hummels--Badstuber--Lahm
--------Khedira---Schweinsteiger
------------Kroos----
----Ozil----Podolski---Gomez.

kid-glove
29th June 2012, 12:33 AM
Mark Lawrenson, why do you let old fart to, uh well, fart, BBC? :twisted:

kid-glove
29th June 2012, 12:34 AM
Already a better semi than last night.

interz
29th June 2012, 12:54 AM
Super wario 2- super mario 0...

agree... its a way much better game than on wednesday night

kid-glove
29th June 2012, 12:56 AM
:D :D

Azurri pwnage. :boo:

Say it after me Children, DIE DIE MANNSCHAFT, DIE, AZZURRI WILL HAVE YOU FOR PIE..

Sid_316
29th June 2012, 01:07 AM
SAma strike mario :clap: germany had their chances.. they do play good football at times.. KG y u no like the germans? Prince podo will rise now i say :evil:

kid-glove
29th June 2012, 01:21 AM
Go over my posts. I said Azzurri style will always see through Germans (and I do say they play good Football!).. Even against Spain, Germans could win. But ITALIA are a different kind of animal..

kid-glove
29th June 2012, 01:24 AM
OMG. I feared this. Klose and Reus on. Klose is as all-round as it gets (not as trademark and old-fashioned no.9 as Gomez), and Reus is like Nedved/Rosicky, has that Czech touch, both will work well in realms of Italian football.. Worrying times for Italia.

kid-glove
29th June 2012, 01:45 AM
Balo thambi, nambikkai veen pogala. Future WPOTY :thumbsup: Looks like a cramp. Di Natale On.

Sid_316
29th June 2012, 01:46 AM
No signs of a german comeback 71 min :twisted:

Sid_316
29th June 2012, 02:05 AM
Twistu! kaaman!

Sid_316
29th June 2012, 02:09 AM
:wave: germany. Pls italy kick some spanish a$$ on sunday.

interz
29th June 2012, 02:14 AM
Mission Accomplished by Italy. Too bad Super Wario didnt play full game, with the open chances later in the game...Italy should have scored 2-3 goals...

forza italia :-)
viva espana :-)

who to support on sunday?

kid-glove
29th June 2012, 02:18 AM
Only glory-hunting Barca fans support Spain. So Support Spain.

villan007
29th June 2012, 02:22 AM
:lol: exactly!!

MADDY
29th June 2012, 02:29 AM
Azzuris :bow:

Balotelli - ball-a telli telli adichhan - super :D .......i hope they break the spanish jinx.....

kid-glove
29th June 2012, 02:43 AM
The lad could do the insane but is also prone to ridiculous.

If he had stayed on and scored with his left foot, would have been a complete hattrick. :D

With his Italian adoptive mother

https://p.twimg.com/AwgXlmzCQAAXUIA.jpg

kid-glove
29th June 2012, 02:45 AM
Mario also said 'When I score I don't celebrate. I just do my work. When the postman delivers your letters, does he celebrate?'

Tonight he celebrated. Obviously playing for your country is more than just 'work' ;) :D

kid-glove
29th June 2012, 03:31 AM
Prandu (Danks B(K)) says 'Balotelli era has begun'. Knowing Mario, fear there's a twist in the finals. For his sake, I hope he doesn't do anything stupid. His talent deserves more..

kid-glove
29th June 2012, 03:37 AM
Balotelli: 'Best night of my life'
By Football Italia staff

Mario Balotelli joked about his posed goal celebration. “This was the greatest night of my life, but I hope Sunday will be better.”

The Manchester City hitman bagged a sensational brace in the 2-1 semi-final victory over Germany.

"Best moment of the night was when I saw my mother after the game. Those goals were for her" he said.

“I waited a long time for this moment, especially as my mother is not young anymore and can’t travel far, so I had to make her happy when she came all the way here. My father will be in Kiev for the Final too.

“Before the game there were my mother, my brothers, my sister-in-law and my best friend all by the touchline. Having my nearest and dearest there obviously fired me up. What music do I listen to before the game? Drake. He’s a friend of mine.”

With this brace, Balotelli took his Euro 2012 tally to three goals and is the joint top scorer, but also the only one still in the tournament.

“I will try to win the top scorer award. In football sometimes you can try so many times and it doesn’t go in, or try few and it does all the time.

“It was a fantastic assist, the kind only Antonio Cassano can provide, while Riccardo Montolivo’s pass was great too. I celebrated? I said I would.”

The celebration for the second goal saw him whip off his jersey and show off muscles, earning a yellow card.

“They didn’t get angry because I was booked for taking my shirt off, but they saw my physique and got jealous!” he joked.

“Both goals were important and helped to win the game, so I will remember them both the same way.”

Balotelli went off in the second half to make way for Antonio Di Natale after going down with cramp.

“I had cramp and was a little tired, but I told the Coach to wait five minutes and by that point the substitution was already in progress. It’s fine.

“Would I return to Italy to play? Not right now, as I am in England and will stay there for the moment. The Manchester City fans still love me, even if we knocked England out.”

Italy now face Spain in the Final on Sunday in Kiev, a repeat of the 1-1 draw that opened their tournament.

“This was the most wonderful night of my life so far, but I hope Sunday is even better,” continued Balotelli.

“I hope to win, I don’t care if I play badly as long as we give our all. We have to relax, mustn’t get frustrated with Spain’s possession and keep playing our football.

“Don’t forget we are the only side to have scored against Spain so far. We proved that we are equal to them, if not more, and we want to win.”

---------------

Except for his music taste (Drake :hammer: ), what a lad.

Death Note
29th June 2012, 03:48 AM
SUPER MARIO!!! :D :D :D

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/06/28/article-2166162-13D6EB73000005DC-615_634x415.jpg

podaskie
29th June 2012, 01:09 PM
Jogi Low, was the one to blame for the loss,Before the Euro He takes too long to integrate players like reus,hummels,goetz etc in to the squad...and his tactical error caused us big time here, if muller-ozil-reus, upfront klose started, germany could have easily won..hopefully he wont repeat his mistake on next big championship..Goetz & Bender brothers, should interegate with the team, the good thing abt german is that they are still producing great young talents like Draxler,Herrmann,Leitner,Holtby etc so for next 10-15 years they will have still chance to win something...

Bala (Karthik)
29th June 2012, 01:18 PM
Balotelli !!!! :shock: :rotfl: (ennachonnen) :oops: Deadly strikes. Especially the second one.
Unlike the last match, this time finishing > play-making moves. Pirlo was not as big a factor as expected (which is good, actually). Marchisio could have passed to Di Natale and made it 3-0. Sitter :hammer:
Germany were lethal early on. Hockey level precision

Q: Was it a hand ball by Pirlo in the goal mouth early in the 1st half? Pala thadava paathum i'm not 100% sure if it was or not

Bala (Karthik)
29th June 2012, 01:25 PM
KG
Kalakkarel! :clap: Your duty is far from over, though.
[My brother predicted Balo's double strike and the score line before the match]

kid-glove
29th June 2012, 01:31 PM
I am not sure it's handball.

Pirlo man-marked beautifully, therefore Cassano and Montolivo (:clap:) took the playmaking duties. Apart from the first, Cassano pretty much created the second goal with his movement off the ball, pulling in defenders to him, good ball from Montolivo..

Yeah, Italia should have won by 3 to 4 goals, if not for numerous f-ups..

kid-glove
29th June 2012, 01:38 PM
Why is Diamantti preferred to Giovinco? :sigh2: Not that Diamantti is bad, but Giovinco is a fantastic no.10 with eyes all around, Diamantti is little bit selfish with eyes more on the ball..

PARAMASHIVAN
29th June 2012, 02:34 PM
Oh well, well done Italia! coming in as under dogs and beating the favourites

Sid_316
29th June 2012, 07:52 PM
:lol2: loving this
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2166346/Euro-2012-Cristiano-Ronaldo-accused-Nani.html#ixzz1zBujiYhB

interz
1st July 2012, 10:10 PM
Viva Espana. I hope they win tonight :-)

kid-glove
1st July 2012, 10:46 PM
Bixente Lizarazu has described Spain's football as "like love without the sex".

"Spain have become more conservative, and they don't want to give the ball up because they don't want to give you a chance to score." Wenger added.

Prandelli called them 'sophisticated', he did't call them 'entertaining'.

Italy, together with Germany, have been very easy on the eye.

They've managed to balance aesthetic with results so far. And for that, with their talent at their disposal, Prandu is coach of the tournament. And for reinvigorating Balotelli with his patience, has shown good man management.

It's going to be unsurprising and easy to back Spain tonight, but I'm still going with ITALIA. Prandu needs to be rewarded

http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptussowexperts/147407789.jpg

podaskie
1st July 2012, 11:24 PM
I am not sure it's handball.

Pirlo man-marked beautifully, therefore Cassano and Montolivo (:clap:) took the playmaking duties. Apart from the first, Cassano pretty much created the second goal with his movement off the ball, pulling in defenders to him, good ball from Montolivo..

Yeah, Italia should have won by 3 to 4 goals, if not for numerous f-ups..

Yes italy should have scored 3/4 goals...so do germany, the did missed some close chance too...

podaskie
1st July 2012, 11:33 PM
Reg todays match, in recent years the team that beat germany , gone onto win the whole thing, so I think italy have the chance :cool:

Sid_316
2nd July 2012, 01:10 AM
2-0 down. Don't think there is a way back :-(

kid-glove
2nd July 2012, 02:04 AM
Italia could still be proud. Down to 10 men. They fought well. Thought pushing Xavi onto Pirlo's patch won the game for Spain. De Rossi wolfed it out, Di Natale had some good chances. Overall they didn't disgrace themselves as scoreline suggests.

interz
2nd July 2012, 02:45 AM
The gloryhunter singing: Campeones Campeones Olé Olé Olé... Viva Espana...

The best team won. Spain is the first team ever in football history to defend the european champion title. Challenge me again when your favourite national squad has won 2 consequtive national cups in row!

Bala (Karthik)
2nd July 2012, 02:58 AM
What a fall! Spain were too good for Italia and the difference in quality was obvious. However, a pathetic performance by Italia. I've never seen the Italian defense so loose. This is total pwnage. Well, the game ended at 2-0 and adhukkappuram dead snake beating. Germany kaduppula iruppaanga, avingalayaavadhu vitrundha the final would have been more interesting :lol:
Two players who were perhaps not match fit (and one of them was a substitute) - Prandu :roll:

kid-glove
2nd July 2012, 03:21 AM
Italian defense had less individual quality, so when the midfield has an off day, they'd be exposed. The midfield too had an off day letting through Xavi + Iniesta + Silva, with enough time and space.

And having one less day certainly took its toll.

Both players who were not match fit, but very logical choice to play them.

Motta to stop Xavi given as much space fr Montolivo who had a tired game (as Did Pirlo, only DDR remained solid as he's a physically perfect man :P ),

Chiellini who started, was the best individual defender. And Bonucci-Barzagli-Chiellini have been the best Italian defensive combination in the Serie A as well. Remove Chiellini, the two B's suffer. Of course, Balzaretti is a better attacking choice, but it was a risky choice to play him from the start.

And either way the only problem I had through out the tournament with Prandu is non-involvement of Giovinco.

Di Natale had two great chances. Which he should have scored.

Italy, for all their troubles, with XI men, dominated possession and got chances.

To blame Prandu for this defeat would be disingenuous. Glad to hear he's staying on.

Prandelli: "The interpretation of the game wasn't wrong, but we soon understood that we needed to contain them b/c we were v.tired."
"They had more physical freshness. We spent a lot [of energy] + against players like these it's difficult to recover."

In deed.

kid-glove
2nd July 2012, 03:23 AM
Team of Euro 2012: Casillas; Pepe, Hummels Alba; De Rossi, Pirlo, Moutinho; Ozil, Fabregas, Iniesta; Balotelli

Maybe Silva in place of Ozil. Alonso in place of Moutinho. Ramos in place of Hummels.

Player of tournament, Pirlo

raghavendran
2nd July 2012, 11:54 AM
clinical from Spain...Italy very loose on defence...had their chances...casillas was superb i guess...harsh scoreline though..

overall a superb tournament...plenty of great moments..

Sid_316
2nd July 2012, 12:58 PM
In other news Torres wins Euro 2012 Golden Boot :-D

PARAMASHIVAN
2nd July 2012, 02:36 PM
bien hecho Espania :thumbsup:

sfortuna Italia :|

NOV
2nd July 2012, 06:47 PM
Congratulations Spain
Torres gets golden boot? :banghead:
someone up there is playing a good joke.

anyways,

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/486479_10151398401543787_1947628524_n.jpg

kid-glove
2nd July 2012, 07:09 PM
Pickle = Portugal

Idly = Italy

Podi = Spain

Chutney = Germany

kid-glove
2nd July 2012, 09:35 PM
I noticed in certain angles, Prandu looks a bit like Daniel-day Lewis (of Nine). More reasons to like him.

VENKIRAJA
2nd July 2012, 10:00 PM
Torres could have been used more often so that he could have showed his class.
He has scored in the CL semifinal, the last Euro final and now. Can't see why he is criticized so much! He is stuck with a stupid team like Chelsea which doesn't suit his style of play. El Nino was in his prime at Liverpool. He should have stayed. :sigh:

selvakumar
2nd July 2012, 10:54 PM
Sutham.. ithukku Germany ae final vanthirukkalaam..

raghavendran
3rd July 2012, 10:44 AM
Torres could have been used more often so that he could have showed his class.
He has scored in the CL semifinal, the last Euro final and now. Can't see why he is criticized so much! He is stuck with a stupid team like Chelsea which doesn't suit his style of play. El Nino was in his prime at Liverpool. He should have stayed. :sigh:

he had 3-4 very mediocre seasons...adhan..has great potential..witht this new found form,think he will do very well..

raghavendran
3rd July 2012, 10:45 AM
Team of Euro 2012: Casillas; Pepe, Hummels Alba; De Rossi, Pirlo, Moutinho; Ozil, Fabregas, Iniesta; Balotelli

Maybe Silva in place of Ozil. Alonso in place of Moutinho. Ramos in place of Hummels.

Player of tournament, Pirloagree witht the team...

but ..
CR kandippa irukanum..:yessir:

raghavendran
3rd July 2012, 10:51 AM
goal of the tournament

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ckNKehCoOU

kid-glove
3rd July 2012, 12:12 PM
CR-na Cristiano? :lol: He scored 2 goals against non-defending teenager (VdVeal) and infant (Willems). The goal against Czech vs Selassie is the only merit worthy moment in my estimation.

And 37 shots with 3 goals is the worst strike rate in Euros. Mandzukic had 3 goals from 5 shots. Dzagoev, from 11 shots. Torres, from 10 shots. Gomez 9 shots. Balotelli, from 23 shots.

And Ronny boy had 0 assists. Most selfish player ever.

NOV
3rd July 2012, 05:11 PM
boredom is already setting in :sigh2:

VENKIRAJA
3rd July 2012, 05:37 PM
he had 3-4 very mediocre seasons...adhan..has great potential..witht this new found form,think he will do very well..
Chelsea-la vera enna seyya mudiyin

raghavendran
3rd July 2012, 06:45 PM
yea in Chelsea for the past 1.5 seasons..even in liverpool..he wasnt at his best in the latter stages...odd magic here and there avolodhan...

raghavendran
3rd July 2012, 06:50 PM
CR-na Cristiano? :lol: He scored 2 goals against non-defending teenager (VdVeal) and infant (Willems). The goal against Czech vs Selassie is the only merit worthy moment in my estimation.

And 37 shots with 3 goals is the worst strike rate in Euros. Mandzukic had 3 goals from 5 shots. Dzagoev, from 11 shots. Torres, from 10 shots. Gomez 9 shots. Balotelli, from 23 shots.

And Ronny boy had 0 assists. Most selfish player ever.i mean..do you think that without Ronaldo Portugal would have come upto the semis..even if he had not taken those chances..there arent many others who could have used it well...in the first match he struggled..but he was instrumental in the rest..IMO he is in the euro team of the tournament along with Iniesta,Pirlo,De Rossi and Alonso and Balotelli upfront..

Sid_316
4th July 2012, 01:50 PM
Chelsea-la vera enna seyya mudiyin

Sila pala kodumayana chances lam miss pannane.. Open goal la kooda adika mudiyala na *no comments* i don't think chelsea could be blamed.A "class" player as hyped by all should adapt everywhere illaya?Space jam padathula talent pona maadhiri aayitan!

Sid_316
4th July 2012, 02:01 PM
An interesting post in an fb page :

Messi 2010: 1 Laliga title and Flop WC.

Sneijder 2010: 1 Serie A, 1 Coppa Italia, 1 Champions League, scored 2 goals against 5 times WC winners Brazil and helped his team to reach the final. WC top scorer with 5 goals.

Ballon d'or winner: Lionel Messi

Sometimes i think these guys are totally biased. Agreed messi is defn a better player than snejider but still he didn't single-handedly steer barca to their titles right? And the worst part is sneijder was not even nominated!

kid-glove
4th July 2012, 03:22 PM
Agreed. Should be Casillas this year. IF not him, Pirlo. If not him, D.Silva.

kid-glove
4th July 2012, 03:26 PM
i mean..do you think that without Ronaldo Portugal would have come upto the semis..even if he had not taken those chances..there arent many others who could have used it well...in the first match he struggled..but he was instrumental in the rest..IMO he is in the euro team of the tournament along with Iniesta,Pirlo,De Rossi and Alonso and Balotelli upfront..

Portugal would have done badly without him. But they would do considerably worse without Moutinho, their best & most consistent player.

For me, it was no surprise to see him score against Nederland with our non-fullback situation. Even against Czechs, he missed 1 on 1s and easy chances. For the amount of chances Portugal created for him (and only him, Nani too played for him), he wasted a lot of chances, only 3 goals is a bad return. Other teams create chances for everybody, not streamlined for one player.

Sid_316
4th July 2012, 11:59 PM
Van Persie confirmed that he won't renew his contract after a meeting with club chief executive Ivan Gazidis and manager Arsene Wenger it became clear that they disagreed on the way Arsenal should move forward.

Ada pavi.. Wat more does he want? adhan podolski,giroud lam sign panniyachu still looking for more.. i dont get it.

kid-glove
5th July 2012, 12:10 AM
Chumma soundbites. Let him go :wave: Or rot him in reserves :twisted:

Maybe he's trying to do a Rooney here. Wouldn't work at Arsenal.

villan007
5th July 2012, 12:10 AM
its obvious.. City will not match Arsenal's Demands and this must be Dein Jr.'s advice to lower the transfer fee

Sid_316
5th July 2012, 12:18 AM
It's sad to see him release a statement like this and apparently the club had no idea he wud... Hope atleast he doesn't go to city. That would mean further disrespect to us :twisted:

kid-glove
5th July 2012, 12:31 AM
Only City will collect mercenaries and quitters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zKksMZdJdgY

Sid_316
5th July 2012, 12:57 AM
Emannuel Eboue tweets "When @Persie_Official has injury and couldn't play. He didn't say he wanted to go . Oh well , I lost my respect for you captain." Wat a freaking legend :-D

Death Note
5th July 2012, 02:16 AM
its obvious.. City will not match Arsenal's Demands and this must be Dein Jr.'s advice to lower the transfer fee

If he goes to City, then I'll loose all the respect I had for him. He would be no better than Nasri in my eyes.

Death Note
5th July 2012, 02:17 AM
Emannuel Eboue tweets "When @Persie_Official has injury and couldn't play. He didn't say he wanted to go . Oh well , I lost my respect for you captain." Wat a freaking legend :-D

Fake Twitter account :D

VENKIRAJA
5th July 2012, 03:18 AM
We have Podolski to make up for free kicks, yes.
We have Giroud for penalties, maybe.
Who would be our new skipper?
If they have north of 40 million, and with RVP going (which is more sensible than to let him free next year) we will considerably have some funds.
Whom should we sign up for the main striker?
Podolski will definitely play only in the wing. Or will young Giroud be enough?! He looks a Chamakhesque figure right now with only one good season.
Will Arshavin (or Bendtenr) be retained for captaincy sakes?
Though his disrespect for the club which has backed him all along his injury prone career is more annoying than saddening.

Rbee
5th July 2012, 01:42 PM
Chetri joins Sporting Lisbon wow !!

raghavendran
5th July 2012, 07:20 PM
looks like Juve and City are going for Persie...heard even Adebayor is coming back to City...they have to let go atleast 2 strikers,if they want RVP..do they need him?..they could do it with the same team..

Sid_316
5th July 2012, 07:34 PM
Chetri joins Sporting Lisbon wow !!

For the B-Side :-( Excitement pochu! Still a great step forward

Sid_316
5th July 2012, 07:36 PM
We have Podolski to make up for free kicks, yes.
We have Giroud for penalties, maybe.
Who would be our new skipper?
If they have north of 40 million, and with RVP going (which is more sensible than to let him free next year) we will considerably have some funds.
Whom should we sign up for the main striker?
Podolski will definitely play only in the wing. Or will young Giroud be enough?! He looks a Chamakhesque figure right now with only one good season.
Will Arshavin (or Bendtenr) be retained for captaincy sakes?
Though his disrespect for the club which has backed him all along his injury prone career is more annoying than saddening.

Verminator shud be the skipper. If they sell persie this season (more likely) they might/shud by someone else. Arshavin/Bendtner captaincy purpose ka? Kodumai nenachu pakaradhuke.. Both will be offloaded this summer.

kid-glove
5th July 2012, 08:44 PM
Verminator shouldn't be skipper, as his place isn't guaranteed. Has same agent as RVP, Kos Vees Cunt Wanker.

We're heavily linked to Lloris too.

kid-glove
5th July 2012, 08:46 PM
Yeah, Arshavin + Bendtner + Vela for sale. Moony released. Squid soon to be released. Denilson confirmed to be on loan to Sao Paulo for 1 year again. Joel Campbell loaned. Ryo Miyaichi will be loaned again.

Mannone + Fabianski want out too.

kid-glove
6th July 2012, 04:55 PM
'Usmanov vs Kroenke' unfortunately is made into a big hoopla, it'd not be positive or negative. Kroenke will be silent as ever and not respond. But Usmanov does raise valid questions, except the timing is highly suspicious.

kid-glove
7th July 2012, 12:31 AM
VAN GAAL! Isn't that the great man who won CL and bred Xavi + Iniesta, or is he the nutter who undressed to show his balls to Luca Toni.

VENKIRAJA
7th July 2012, 11:23 PM
Are we linked to Villa? Is this even a sarcastically realistic rumour?!

kid-glove
7th July 2012, 11:26 PM
It's a bad rumour. No, we're not signing him. He's not moving out of Barcelona. Why Barca are after RVP when they've not played a striker like him. Messi, Sanchez, Pedro, Villa, Afellay, Tello, Cuenco are all mobile strikers with ability to make best out of Barca style.

raghavendran
8th July 2012, 10:20 AM
btw Laliga to be aired on Espn...finally relief from Ten

PARAMASHIVAN
9th July 2012, 08:02 PM
Chelsea captain John Terry is on trial accused of racially abusing fellow footballer Anton Ferdinand during a Premier League match. He denies the offence.

Ingleend :thumbsup:

kid-glove
9th July 2012, 09:24 PM
Isn't Anton Engurlander too. :lol:

PARAMASHIVAN
9th July 2012, 10:04 PM
Isn't Anton Engurlander too. :lol:

Yeah he plays for Queens Park Rangers

kid-glove
9th July 2012, 10:53 PM
So the victim is Ingeeland too.

PARAMASHIVAN
10th July 2012, 02:26 PM
Yeah :| Many of the footballers do not come from a decent family background, this is the reason for their immature behaviour, Goony , sorry Rooney was born and bought up in one of the deprived Council Estates!

kid-glove
19th July 2012, 10:03 PM
Of course, Football unites people of different races, religion, ethnic and economic background.

None more so when Arsenal travel overseas and gets love from loyal fans, who stick to them after 7 years without a trophy.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/free-video-the-best-of-last-year-s-tour

satissh_r
20th July 2012, 02:45 PM
KG, did you check on twitter, BBC reporting RVP not going on tour, Arsenal have received bids from United, City and Juve.. Where do you think he'll end up?

satissh_r
23rd July 2012, 03:37 PM
Premier League Fantasy Football

Code for classic league : 48193-49952
Code for Head 2 head : 48193-49984

http://fantasy.premierleague.com

kid-glove
23rd July 2012, 03:53 PM
KG, did you check on twitter, BBC reporting RVP not going on tour, Arsenal have received bids from United, City and Juve.. Where do you think he'll end up?

He could go to hell if I had my way, we will sell to non-PL club if right offer comes.

NOV
24th July 2012, 06:42 AM
malaysia vs arsenal tonite :shoot:

NOV
24th July 2012, 07:10 PM
the stadium is practically empty :rotfl:
wenger looks tensed .. surely malaysia is gonna lose 10-0 :shaking:

NOV
24th July 2012, 08:06 PM
Malaysia leads by 1-0 at first half :lol:

NOV
24th July 2012, 09:12 PM
malaysia was leading for first 87 mins.... :sigh2:

final score malaysia 1-2 arsenal

arsene says that physically arsenal was not ready :roll:

kid-glove
24th July 2012, 09:20 PM
No logic whatsoever in friendlies because fitness wise not everyone are sharp and our kids like Eisfeld did far better in 10 minutes than our first team players.

And good turn out in the end for 90k capacity stadium. The crowd arriving late shows they're having an unhealthy work culture.

http://p.twimg.com/AylHUwDCYAEwY9j.jpg

Shite pitch. Really India's Salt Lake Stadium would woop this stadium's behind.

PARAMASHIVAN
27th July 2012, 03:02 PM
Ingeelnd Pootbaal in the Olympics :rotfl3: How did they ever qualify in the 1st place ? :rotfl:

Japan thrash Espania :shock: :thumbsup:

Sid_316
27th July 2012, 05:35 PM
Arsenal are on the verge of signing sahin on loan!

NOV
27th July 2012, 07:31 PM
MC 2-0 Arsenal :sigh2:

kid-glove
27th July 2012, 09:00 PM
The Manchester City keeper had been busy this evening; an indication of Arsenal’s dominance in all but the scoreline. However, Mancini’s side had been much more clinical.

Craig Eastmond and Oxlade-Chamberlain both went close in the dying stages as Wenger’s men kept pushing forward.

But a combination of the Manchester City defence, Pantilimon and the woodwork had kept Arsenal at bay this evening.

satissh_r
27th July 2012, 10:59 PM
Arsenal are on the verge of signing sahin on loan!

Just read on twitter that Wenger denied it. He would suit us well but SAF seems to be looking elsewhere :sigh2:

kid-glove
27th July 2012, 11:49 PM
Heard sometime back that Sahin wants to be with Real, and he refused Spurs, but of course, Spurs are Spurs.

Sahin would suit us too. With Rosicky/Wilshere missing 2-3 months, Ramsey off to Olympics but all-time low confidence that he couldn't even get into a poor MF, Diaby is uber talented but a crock too.

villan007
28th July 2012, 11:24 PM
Cazorla, Sahin...my head is spinning

ajithfederer
31st July 2012, 08:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY4i80q5ZVA&feature=g-u-u

Another new one from Adithya reds.

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 11:19 AM
Superb editing. Nice meesical choices. But ippo ella pasangalum Zimmer-Batman score POtturainga.

Useless 2 meters from defender touchline showboating-a thavirthu irukkalam..

Wayne Rooney dive pOdama, ennavo horseface nadhari Maradona madhiri score panna madhiri pOttu irukkan.

Now watching their 99 victory by set-piece says how very similar to Chelsea's win last season.

That aside, nice video. Martin Tyler is God.

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 12:04 PM
I love compilations like these (over emotional tearjerkers/hair-risers):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC6SVFOs-_0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpBPbP76ojI&feature=channel&list=UL

raghavendran
4th August 2012, 11:55 AM
watched Neymar play for the first time in the olympics..good talent..got tremendous pace..amazing how Football keeps getting promising players for the future..bring him to europe,will be good fun..

kid-glove
4th August 2012, 01:38 PM
Not just him, Oscar, Damiao, Ganso, Moura, together with Eu imports Ramires, T Silva, etc should be ready for domination by 2014. Their only problem will be Messi, not Spain.

raghavendran
4th August 2012, 05:16 PM
yes..very promising..am done with Spain's "passing" game..

btw i am turning out to be a big fan of the man in ur DP..done with s02 now...:)

ajithfederer
4th August 2012, 05:21 PM
Neymar Brazil dhaane :oops:. Camaan Neymar.

kid-glove
4th August 2012, 06:31 PM
Future is America. Fact.

Death Note
5th August 2012, 12:56 AM
Cazorla, Sahin...my head is spinning

Cazorla deal done, Sahin loan deal nearly done, according to reports :D

kid-glove
5th August 2012, 01:02 AM
I will wait a little while longer, for it to be on .com

Death Note
5th August 2012, 01:05 AM
I will wait a little while longer, for it to be on .com

People on twitter saying it'll be announced on monday, lets see.

kid-glove
5th August 2012, 03:55 AM
I read KG is a pervert. It's on twitter, so it must be true!

Death Note
5th August 2012, 06:43 PM
I read KG is a pervert. It's on twitter, so it must be true!

Got it from reliable Twitters of journalists and people who are involved with the club. But like you said its better to wait for it to be on Arsenal.com.

villan007
5th August 2012, 10:58 PM
According to them M'Vila is having a medical for 3-4 weeks :P

Death Note
5th August 2012, 11:56 PM
According to them M'Vila is having a medical for 3-4 weeks :P

Twitter is a funny place :p, Sometimes you have to decide who to believe or not. Many say Cazorla deal done.
I think M'Vila deal dead now.

raghavendran
6th August 2012, 12:18 PM
Utd's next tour game is against Barca on 8th aug....want a rejuvenated Utd this season...its been long since they turned up

Sid_316
7th August 2012, 03:12 PM
Finally it's on arsenal.com. Cazorla IN. :smokesmirk:

kid-glove
7th August 2012, 03:15 PM
Is Rvp still not happy with the direction we're making !

Brilliant signings, Arsene. But bigger job in defensive coaching when we don't have the ball.

So so happy we got the three, Cazorla, Poldi, Giroud could all do the dirty job. Got experience we need.

kid-glove
7th August 2012, 03:36 PM
So for price of one Andy Caroll, we've signed Poldi, Giroud and Cazorla. :lol2:

kid-glove
7th August 2012, 04:06 PM
Cazorla is the closest thing to Pires.. Ever so happy we got him.

Death Note
7th August 2012, 07:38 PM

Under £15m, its a steal :D

Death Note
7th August 2012, 07:40 PM

Under £15m, its a steal :D
Hopefully he'll play agianst Koln.

kid-glove
7th August 2012, 10:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYDwTrJO7pc

kid-glove
8th August 2012, 01:10 PM
http://news.arseblog.com/arsenal-player-profiles-201213/

:rotfl: :rotfl2:

Vito Mannone is a classic

Strengths: Looks like a Mafia henchman. Makes a fine carbonara. Owns his own gloves.

Weaknesses: Looks like a Mafia henchman who always gets killed in the first gunfight in a movie.

Sid_316
8th August 2012, 01:28 PM
Park

Strengths: Avoiding national service. Looking stoic on the rare occasions he’s allowed out in public, capable of Jason Bourne type hotel room departures.

Weaknesses: Possibly football, but it’s tough to say.

:lol:

kid-glove
8th August 2012, 02:01 PM
Song, Black Pirlo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjbazhvwBe4

Sid_316
8th August 2012, 02:54 PM
Barca have started their work. Iniesta will welcome black pirlo it seems.Gandu etha arambichitanga

kid-glove
8th August 2012, 03:09 PM
On their official site as well :hammer:

VENKIRAJA
11th August 2012, 01:23 PM
Liverpool wants to 'lure' Walcott. Media's sense of humour is rising by the day!
Meanwhile, in other news: Robin van Persie is in line to play in Arsenal's friendly in Cologne tomorrow (Mirror).

raghavendran
14th August 2012, 09:33 AM
http://i49.tinypic.com/21e4u2d.jpg

all i can say is...The Season Is Underway

Just Bring It City :shoot:

satissh_r
14th August 2012, 04:33 PM

Just a reminder folks

villan007
14th August 2012, 11:41 PM

Sid_316
16th August 2012, 12:11 AM
Persie joins utd. It's official now.

Warden
16th August 2012, 01:00 AM
Good bye b@Stard.

VENKIRAJA
16th August 2012, 03:20 AM
I think this will be Arsenal's toughest season in Wenger's tenure.

VENKIRAJA
16th August 2012, 11:34 PM
Just a reminder folks

Done :cheer:

villan007
17th August 2012, 12:14 AM
I think this will be Arsenal's toughest season in Wenger's tenure.

Last season was.. this time we're atleast prepared. Giroud/Poldi will replace VP and we've bought Santi in

kid-glove
17th August 2012, 01:38 AM
Every new season feels like toughest. Not today, even the Magic hat years..

raghavendran
17th August 2012, 09:19 AM
Persie for Utd...:thumbsup:..expecting a Andy Cole,Dwight Yorke Combo..:)
this season will be tough for Wenger..its always difficult to replace a player who scores in almost every match

VENKIRAJA
17th August 2012, 01:18 PM
Last season was.. this time we're atleast prepared. Giroud/Poldi will replace VP and we've bought Santi in

Every new season feels like toughest. Not today, even the Magic hat years..
Even if Song departs? I am worried about that, not RVP.
RVP+Song > Cesc+Na$ri.

And JW10 :clap: Good move by Le Prof.

kid-glove
17th August 2012, 01:21 PM
If we don't replace Song, then yes..

VENKIRAJA
17th August 2012, 01:27 PM
If we don't replace Song, then yes..
M.Vila? You must have watched him play.. Is he that good?
Who are the other capable CDMs in the game? All I know are Cambiasso, Vidal and Toure.

kid-glove
17th August 2012, 01:33 PM
M'vila (good)/Capoue (good and cheaper)

Bigilia (seems talented, cheaper, but from a weaker league)

Javi Martinez (going to Bayern for 40m)

Wayanama - name rhymes with rava upma

Ki - promising, from Olympics.

Sahin - supreme talent, but needs a tackler like Bender/Khedira alongside. Arteta is not that.

satissh_r
17th August 2012, 03:05 PM
Sahin - supreme talent, but needs a tackler like Bender/Khedira alongside. Arteta is not that.

Some of the english press reporting he's more likely to end up with you folks rather than Liverpool. Wenger acknowledged this in his presser today it seems

Death Note
17th August 2012, 11:27 PM
M'vila (good)/Capoue (good and cheaper)

Bigilia (seems talented, cheaper, but from a weaker league)

Javi Martinez (going to Bayern for 40m)

Wayanama - name rhymes with rava upma

Ki - promising, from Olympics.

That's ridiculous, I thought Bayern would know better than to splash that amount of money on an relatively unproven player.

VENKIRAJA
18th August 2012, 10:12 PM
Song gone . (http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-agree-terms-with-barcelona-for-song)
Official.

kid-glove
20th August 2012, 12:19 AM
Good player. Great vision. But Wenger got rid of him for couple of reasons. 1. Attitude (seems to be a problem for Bouldy) 2. Over-zealous attacker.

Sahin already lined up as per Twitter. M'Vila possibly. But we know it's never 'done' until it's on 'dot' 'com'.

Meanwhile, Aguero out for the season. Shame for Citeh and the league. Great player.

kid-glove
20th August 2012, 12:22 AM
Meanwhile Southampton played some lovely stuff and offered resistance. Citeh don't look airtight with Rodwell in there. If they get De Rossi, then the alternating box to box midfield with Yaya would be nearly perfect.

They will now go for another striker, which is a shame, they could always bring back Adebayor. :lol2:

Bet you they'd be in for Cavani/Jovetic, a striker we should also be in market for, but won't. Wenger wants to enforce the midfield.

kid-glove
20th August 2012, 07:09 PM
Swansea sign Ki from Celtic for 5m!

Laudrup. :clap:

NOV
20th August 2012, 07:18 PM
New season
Old Manager
New records
Hopefully.....

raghavendran
21st August 2012, 05:12 PM
well played Everton..is there any game in epl one could predict?..Fellaini :clap:..what a talent..really tore us apart,like he did in the previous fixture..lots to work on at the back..strange to see RVP in Utd colours..upfront its very promising though

kid-glove
22nd August 2012, 02:03 PM
I don't think you guys needed him when you already got Kagawa (had a great game vs Everton), as a BvB follower, I could assure you that he's a bargain for 17m!

RVP is a luxury. A stupid investment by Glazers to appease irate fans.

You need a MF, still time to hijack Sahin deal.

Need a specialist FB as well..

And if CB injury curse carries on, it's going to hurt.

raghavendran
23rd August 2012, 09:54 AM
RVP will provide options..always a luxury to have a player with that quality..rooney,Kagawa and persie will look good..Fergie will not break from his 4-4-2..so have to wait and see for the right combo..in the midfield i am a fan of Carrick..for me he is the best CM we have..looks like u guys have got Sahin...and Nani is rumoured to move out as well..my concern is the defence..Valencia,carrick are not natural(i hate when they play out of positions),vidic back from injury,evra is having a poor last couple of seasons..we are being hit on the break....we have got Alexander Buttner on the left now,lets see...

VENKIRAJA
23rd August 2012, 04:40 PM
RVP will provide options..
Options you didn't get from a 30mil Berb? Do you even remember that 'impressive lad' Macheda? With Welbeck and that Chicharito who is bloody brilliant inside the box? Don't ever blame Shitty for buying a team.. you have exactly done the same bloody thing! I hope United win nothing this season for all the hypocrisy.

satissh_r
23rd August 2012, 05:08 PM
With Berba the only problem was he slowed down our attacks, his style wasn't best suited to us. You know Fergie's obsession with wingers and strikers, when somebody like RVP becomes available he simply had to go for it. About we buying players and comparisons with City, I'll just say this, we don't overpay like City do.

NOV
23rd August 2012, 05:24 PM
venky, stop whining and get over it... we didn't go for him... he wanted to leave.

raghavendran
23rd August 2012, 07:42 PM
what is wrong in going for RVP? :lol:..he is a top class player with the best first touch in the game today..who wouldn buy him?..why did u let him go in the first place?...it was high time we went for some big signing after ronaldo departure..Berba is slow..didnt work with the pace of nani,young,welbeck,valencia and others..buying a team?..really?..Fergie is known for "building" a team rather than buying one...

VENKIRAJA
23rd August 2012, 07:42 PM
http://poznaninmypants.com/2012/08/22/they-say-were-a-selling-club-but-we-are-the-carthaginians-of-football/

mareen
23rd August 2012, 08:08 PM
Options you didn't get from a 30mil Berb? Do you even remember that 'impressive lad' Macheda? With Welbeck and that Chicharito who is bloody brilliant inside the box? Don't ever blame Shitty for buying a team.. you have exactly done the same bloody thing! I hope United win nothing this season for all the hypocrisy.

United didnt become 19 times champions overnight. Whereas City has just transformed themselves into EPL champions in 2/3 seasons so your argument of united buying a team is invalid. Everyone buys players to improve the squad - when its united the value goes up.

kid-glove
23rd August 2012, 09:02 PM
United did buy heavily before they became champions.

Also despite having a expensively assembled team finish runner-up, they break GB transfer record the immediate season.

I think few things went in their favor

1. European ban on English clubs (resulting in dismantle of then European heavyweight sides like Pool)

2. Matchday revenue of OT. Anfield, Highbury were traditionally industrial land stadiums.

3. BskyB

But still one has to say it's bit of a 'pot kettle black' in a decade they spent crazy money on Veron, Ferdinand, Rooney, Berbatov to RVP.

One also has to take in the wages they've paid historically. It's on par with Citeh, Chelsea.

Still, they could at least thank globalization and comercial deals that would help them see out Glazers and FFP.

kid-glove
23rd August 2012, 09:11 PM
RVP is not worth 71m worth of investment in wages and transfers. Agreed that he's in bracket of Messi, Aguero, Tevez, Rooney, Benzema, Ibra, etc, but when you buy Kagawa, you always want to start two central players. I suppose RVP's the luxury for the CL games and stuff. But too much of an expensive luxury.

And eye-candy for fans.

Maybe even a cotton wool for IPO. How is that going?

IF they had spent it more wisely on players they need in MF and specialist defender, they'd be much more in balance.

mareen
24th August 2012, 03:21 AM
@kidglove - How does spending a lot on one player (including breaking transfer records) equals to building a team over two seasons? We paid huge sum for Ferdinand rooney and Berbatov agreed! But when did we buy Ferdinand and when did we buy Rooney?

kid-glove
24th August 2012, 06:58 AM
In 2002, you spent 30m. mind bogglingly huge if inflation adjusted.

In 2004, you spent 26m, for a 18 year old. And if you consider the wages, and agent fees, I still wonder why Fergie moans about PSG's deal for Moura.

Pot kettle black.

VENKIRAJA
24th August 2012, 08:33 AM
In 2004, you spent 26m, for a 18 year old. And if you consider the wages, and agent fees, I still wonder why Fergie moans about PSG's deal for Moura.
Typical Fergie brand of hypocrisy

kid-glove
24th August 2012, 08:46 AM
More twist and turn in Sahin deal.

I suppose we'll have our answers soon.

If he's off to Pool, be a bit gutted if buy option is included. IF not, the reported figure of 5m loan fee + 60k per week (2.8m) = 7.8m is true, it's very much of a short term fix.

VENKIRAJA
24th August 2012, 09:27 AM
I suppose we'll have our answers soon.
Why isn't Wenger just selling off all the dead load? Squid, Chamakh, Djorou, and want-aways Bendtner, Arshavin? These pricks are practically doing nothing!!
He is wasting the wages on these people and still complain about the wage scarcity to pay for Sahin? Is this such a complicated economic deduction?
Its been a puzzle why he is enjoying the company of sheer stupid GKs like Almunia, Fabianski and Szczesny for quite a long time now!

kid-glove
24th August 2012, 09:57 AM
Szczesny is top 5 in PL, IMO.

Fabianski good shot stopper, but bad at crosses. But so is De Gea ;)

GK isn't our problem

Djourou is decent 4th choice CB.

But Squid, Bendtner, Arshavin, Park - I think are all out on loan/sales.

Chamakh will stay as backup if we don't get striker, might get rejuvenated without RVP. Let's not forget he was fantastic for first 5 months.

Sahin, more than wages, it's also 5m loan fee. Terribly short term shticks.

satissh_r
24th August 2012, 11:26 AM
Typical Fergie brand of hypocrisy

Rooney had become an England regular by then and had PL experience whereas Moura didn't get in the starting XI of the Brazil Olympic team.. I see a difference there..

satissh_r
24th August 2012, 11:30 AM
For all the hue and cry, it is Arsenal who are losing out on their players to City rather than us.. We aren't paying wages for players that have left us but City do with Adebayor.
We only bought one RVP who has said he wanted to come to us.. We'll see how this ends when the season comes to a close.

kid-glove
24th August 2012, 01:24 PM
For Arsenal, replace with Everton, Spurs, Villa, Wigan, et.. issues remain the same. But as I said, commercial deals/global fan base/TV money/kit deal and stuff will always be on the high side for United, so it'd see them comply by FFP. But debt should be reduced on interest. It depends on Glazers really. They seem a tricky lot to my eyes. United fans say, more bad than good.

Citeh are over-zealous kids in Chocolate Factory, I expect them to reduce on the candy bars.. But there's no Willy Wonka around, sadly.

Chelsea likewise, but Roman's got a thing for them till-date and doesn't seem to wane. And it seems they're buying under-21's a lot more, and just about scape through the FFP constraints in future.

However if FFP does not come about, it's death of club football. The hegemony would destroy the enchanted wonderment and dispersion of talent.

kid-glove
24th August 2012, 01:33 PM
AFC have something like 124m, but they have the high scale academy set-up in both numbers and in wages. A flat slope for first team players, therefore no sharp curves for mean, median and least variance/standard deviation. Something they've tried hard to reduce, but when Squid, AA, Bendtner, Park are all on comfortable pay scale which they wouldn't get elsewhere, it becomes a problem. This is where AW gets most flak, and rightfully. But I'd never say compensate this to paying 200k per week to a primadonna, that's never on.

Pool 135m, United 153m, City 174m, Chelsea 190m (disgusting)

kid-glove
24th August 2012, 01:38 PM
Bar Cesc/Nasri, we've sold well last few seasons. Even Cesc/Nasri era in hindsight weren't taking us anywhere. So not only this dismantling is helping us close out our debts, it's brought up a breath of fresh air, new possiblities and adapted policy. Some fans remain in frustration, but like Gary Neville says, no use over crying over strewn over grain of sand, the beach doesn't wear itself down.

One of my favorite responses to Citeh 'raid' questions, is when Wenger puts it that if we do not sell Adebayor, they'll go get Samuel Eto'o. enna oru vilathanam :lol2:

VENKIRAJA
24th August 2012, 10:00 PM
One of my favorite responses to Citeh 'raid' questions, is when Wenger puts it that if we do not sell Adebayor, they'll go get Samuel Eto'o. enna oru vilathanam :lol2:
Genius, that.

Bar Cesc/Nasri, we've sold well last few seasons. Even Cesc/Nasri era in hindsight weren't taking us anywhere. So not only this dismantling is helping us close out our debts, it's brought up a breath of fresh air, new possiblities and adapted policy. Some fans remain in frustration, but like Gary Neville says, no use over crying over strewn over grain of sand, the beach doesn't wear itself down.
I think Nasri was fine, Cesc was also fine. RVP, for a bit more could have not hurt this much (Maybe Wenger could have striked a better deal with PSG). Song's attitude is pointed out. So, we have to bear it quite painfully (Only if we don't find a suitable replacement).
I sincerely feel that Clichy is a loss. Well, even Cashley Cole was. But, he deserved to be sold. Not Clichy. Considering that our defense was weak after we sold him last year and we are yet to replace him with his class of player.

On hindsight, I wonder how PSG could have been if the ensemble they wanted to buy did materialize. Ibra, RVP, Lavezzi, Modric, Pastore, Silva. Massive :shock: Could almost be today's version of the Real Madrid Dream team.

kid-glove
24th August 2012, 11:44 PM
I think Cashley's the only big loss. Best LB of the decade, for me.

Clichy had an error in him, always. And didn't suit Wengerball as we'd have liked. Never recovered after Brum 07-08.

PSG are raiding Serie A for now.

VENKIRAJA
26th August 2012, 12:47 AM
Two competitive games for United. Stoke is a challenge and I don't expect 3 easy points.

kid-glove
26th August 2012, 02:54 AM
Hmmm, draw is a good result at Stoke..

kid-glove
26th August 2012, 02:58 AM
Yet to be convinced by United, their starting XI has looked too imbalanced in MF and Defense, but we knew that already. It seems like Fergie's motto for the moment, 'let's outscore them', would work. Fulham though inexplicably managed to miss few chances..

It has also dawned on me so far in this season, that a advanced MF player help annihilate opposition in the air as well as on the loose balls, or by their mere presence. Michu, Yaya, Fellaini, possibly Dembele..

So far, Nasri, Hazard, Kagawa, Cazorla have impressed as playmaking MF/Forwards.

Season seems open ATM.

Looks like Rooney will miss out 4-6 weeks for the ugly gash in his thigh..

raghavendran
26th August 2012, 09:29 AM
Kagawa :clap:...RVP's goal...whoa..:bow:..a true striker...despite a poor defencive performance,these two players gave a lot to cheer..:)

VENKIRAJA
26th August 2012, 11:01 PM
Liverpool played very well today. Season is going to be much more exciting this year! City managed to pull it through. They are finding it difficult without Aguero in the attack. And, Silva should have played instead of Nasri, I think.

kid-glove
26th August 2012, 11:08 PM
Silva's been off the boil for a long time now. It'll be proved this season that not only Cazorla, but also Hazard/Kagawa would be more consistent playmakers than Silva..

Mancini single-handedly spoiling City's title hopes with his 3-5-2 experimentation..

NOV
27th August 2012, 05:21 PM
I guess this season is going to see new contenders for the top 4....

VENKIRAJA
29th August 2012, 01:21 PM
Roonaaey to be offloaded for 40mil£? :lol2:

satissh_r
29th August 2012, 02:29 PM
Roonaaey to be offloaded for 40mil£? :lol2:

Lets see if Wenger will bid ;)

kid-glove
29th August 2012, 03:01 PM
40m seems too cheap for AW.

VENKIRAJA
29th August 2012, 08:10 PM
Lets see if Wenger will bid ;)
Wenger won't bid 40 million INR for Messi. Forget Roonaaey.

raghavendran
30th August 2012, 10:05 AM
looks like Theo Walcott is up for grabs

kid-glove
30th August 2012, 12:35 PM
Wenger won't bid 40 million INR for Messi. Forget Roonaaey.

Ha ha. But I think Messi for 40m is cheap, and AW would be first in line..

In our history, the only other player we were keen to spend that kind of amount (inflation adjusted)..

http://gossip.ladyarse.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/maradon.jpg

kid-glove
30th August 2012, 12:37 PM
He admitted it as much

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/91151-maradona-im-an-arsenal-fan-and-almost-signed-for-gunners

satissh_r
30th August 2012, 10:10 PM
Champions League Groups

Group A

FC Porto
Dynamo Kiev
Paris Saint-Germain
Dinamo Zagreb

Group B

Arsenal
Schalke 04
Olympiakos
Montpellier

Group C

AC Milan
Zenit St. Petersburg
Anderlecht
Málaga CF

Group D

Real Madrid
Manchester City
Ajax
Borussia Dortmund

Group E

Chelsea
Shakhtar Donetsk
Juventus
FC Nordsjælland

Group F

Bayern Munich
Valencia
Lille
BATE Borisov

Group G

Barcelona
Benfica
Spartak Moskva
Celtic

Group H

Man United
Sporting Braga
Galatasaray
CFR Cluj

satissh_r
30th August 2012, 10:11 PM
City :lol: We got a relatively easy group, hope we don't throw it away like last season...

VENKIRAJA
30th August 2012, 10:19 PM
Group D

Real Madrid
Manchester City
Ajax
Borussia Dortmund
Group of death?

satissh_r
30th August 2012, 10:29 PM
Group of death?

Easily.. How do you like your group?

satissh_r
30th August 2012, 10:31 PM
Andres Iniesta gets UEFA Footballer of the year :clap: :notworthy:

kid-glove
30th August 2012, 10:42 PM
Poor poor Dortmund. How United do this every season? Voodoo magic?

satissh_r
30th August 2012, 10:44 PM
Poor poor Dortmund. How United do this every season? Voodoo magic?

Fergie does a voodoo dance just before the draw :noteeth:

kid-glove
30th August 2012, 10:45 PM
Xavi deserved it more than Iniesta. But at least, in some part, they're a shared registry for Barca and Spain. It belongs to both, IMO.

kid-glove
30th August 2012, 10:46 PM
Fergie does a voodoo dance just before the draw :noteeth:

Bet he did a step wrong last season..

satissh_r
30th August 2012, 10:49 PM
Bet he did a step wrong last season..

Age caught up with him eventually I suppose :p

kid-glove
30th August 2012, 11:20 PM
http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i439/TheLovablePanda/Football/Arsenal/WengerSkillsSig.gif

VENKIRAJA
31st August 2012, 01:00 AM
Easily.. How do you like your group?
Wenger didn't want to travel far. And we're sure of a QF berth.

kid-glove
31st August 2012, 01:04 AM
Round of 16?

VENKIRAJA
31st August 2012, 02:01 AM
Round of 16?
It should have been Semis. With the new signings wenger has assured ;)

NOV
31st August 2012, 06:32 AM
and in Europa League, Liverpool draws 1-1

VENKIRAJA
3rd September 2012, 10:37 AM
How injury time is calculated when Man Utd play: Man Utd winning = 2 mins. Man Utd drawing = 4 mins. Man Utd losing = until they score.

NOV
3rd September 2012, 05:05 PM
whining again?
as always...

remember the final match of last season? Man City needed 2 goals to win the cup and they were losing to QPR until the 90th min?
Man Utd fans didn't whine...

kid-glove
3rd September 2012, 05:42 PM
Mate, It's called Fergie time for something..

kid-glove
3rd September 2012, 05:43 PM
Anyway, International break.

If Diaby gets injured again, I will hunt down all theists in this world..

Warden
3rd September 2012, 09:33 PM
Loving the new look Arsenal.Rigid,machine-like and highly effective.Our CL run should be fun.
Watched a fair bit of Malaga last season but still surprised to how seamlessly Cazorla has fit in.Very very Bobby like :)

Warden
3rd September 2012, 11:22 PM
And reg Giroud,not as concerned with his finishing as I'm with his link-up play or lack of.
Early days,but not feeling optimistic :(

mareen
3rd September 2012, 11:49 PM
How injury time is calculated when Man Utd play: Man Utd winning = 2 mins. Man Utd drawing = 4 mins. Man Utd losing = until they score.

Haha...this is what school kids uses to argue against each other. Lets get some quality discussion in here please!!

kid-glove
3rd September 2012, 11:53 PM
And reg Giroud,not as concerned with his finishing as I'm with his link-up play or lack of.
Early days,but not feeling optimistic :(

What's wrong with his link-up play?

And he gets on end of chances. His movement, work-rate, intensity all top-notch. Goals will come.