PDA

View Full Version : IlayaRaja's New Albums 2013-15 - Mahendran film/Thaarai thappattai/Mythri

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

dochu
7th June 2013, 04:35 AM
Its worth listening to 'Nadi Thudikkudhadhi'.
Initially, I was put off by the album on 2 accounts:
1. IR acting in the movie (?). It is like me, aspirating to be a chef or something. Felt it wouldn't work out. Saw the sample song 'Kadhale'. - I was right.
2. First listen - didn't the hit the chords, especially when I started with Oo lala a. You and I forever song. I just shut the media center immediately.

Subsequent listens:
En Devadhai, En poo nenjai, Velinattu and Kathale ranks from best to average order respectively. It is on the loop than Nila choru.

Biggest gripe of the album is the song
You & I Young For Ever by Anitha, Sathiyan, Senthil, Sam, Belliraj.

A really bad attempt in trying American accent and that too, when they sang tamil words in american accent, it became unbearable. I don't know what IR nor the singers were thinking . It is really horrible. This might have fared ok in the 80's but not now. IMHO, these trendy tunes doesn't fit IR well. It would have been best if he tapped on what he is good at.

Percussions were quite good. But wasted.

Although I listened to mp3s, recording could have been better.

Except for the fake american accent song, album stands out really good.

Fliflo
7th June 2013, 08:37 PM
"Onayum Aattukuttiyum' Trailer

http://www.nakkheeran.in/WebTv.aspx?WTV=1383

krish244
8th June 2013, 09:50 AM
Looks like OA will not have songs:

http://tamil.webdunia.com/entertainment/film/featuresorarticles/1306/07/1130607050_1.htm

thanks,

Krishnan

baroque
9th June 2013, 05:20 AM
It seems, a track of Gustav Mahler (19th century austrian composer) has been used for the recently released trailer of "Onaiyum Aatukuttiyum".

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-10/gustav-mahler-instead-of-ilayaraja-mysskin-ilayaraja-03-06-13.html

Not sure whose idea was it.

thanks,

Krishnan

mmm.....
Ilayaraja returns back to thriller with him after his aa dinagalu-kannada!

No songs.

Songs are omnipresent in our lives.
Salilda or MSV_TKR or Khayyam or S.D.Burman invited me to watch their Madhumathi or Nenjam marapadhillai or Bazaar or Tere ghar ke samne with their songs!

anyway... good luck to him.

His earlier movie Yuddham Sei with Cheran was good.

Vinatha

krish244
10th June 2013, 12:02 AM
This link says director (Myshkin) suggested IR to use it as he (Myshkin) felt that it would be apt.

http://www.business-standard.com/article/news-ians/gustav-mahler-s-symphony-no-5-for-onayum-aatukuttiyu-113060800340_1.html

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
11th June 2013, 02:03 PM
IR considering going to London for Megha BGM!

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-10/ilaiyaraja-impressed-with-megha-ilaiyaraja-megha-11-06-13.html

thanks,

Krishnan

kr
12th June 2013, 08:21 AM
Nadi Thudikudhadi available on iTunes

kr
12th June 2013, 08:30 AM
Thumburu is right - velinatu gramsthile song is actually very good. The interludes are out of the world and very interesting charanams. The recording is good.

kr
22nd June 2013, 05:43 PM
when i listen to "en devadhai", i dont want the song to end...ever...what a song

vem
23rd June 2013, 02:10 AM
It's sad that Nilachoru album hasn't drawn the much needed attention. I'm not sure why it's listed in the leading music sites, such as raagangal.

In any event, the songs are very pleasant to listen to. Unga appan peru song is very catchy. I've fallen completely in love with this...

kr
23rd June 2013, 06:33 AM
It's sad that Nilachoru album hasn't drawn the much needed attention. I'm not sure why it's listed in the leading music sites, such as raagangal.

In any event, the songs are very pleasant to listen to. Unga appan peru song is very catchy. I've fallen completely in love with this...

I live in the US and trying to download the songs - but have not been able to access it on iTunes or amazon. Pls let me know where I can access the songs

thumburu
25th June 2013, 05:22 PM
Folks, I have one question regarding the "nAddi Thudikkudhadi" recording clip. Is this a part of the film's rerecording? I doubt as it just plays the interludes of " en devathai" without any change. I think it pertains to the song recording only. In that case, this must have happened before audio relwase.

venkkiram
26th June 2013, 12:00 AM
I need the music notes (for both the hands) for Mouna Raagam theme music. Please pm me if you have / come across one. I will inform you the email address.

Thanks.

krish244
10th July 2013, 11:57 PM
It seems the songs of the kannada movie starring Puneej Rajkumar and Mohanlal is almost complete. New singer Charanya Goankar has sung a song. Movie is titled "Mythri".

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/95325.html

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
12th July 2013, 08:27 AM
IR is composing for "Sri Ramanujar" movie:

http://www.thehindu.com/features/friday-review/history-and-culture/on-a-visionary-and-his-mission/article4904719.ece

"...Lyrics are by Vaali, and music is by Ilayaraja. There are six songs, five of which are in classical ragas- Thodi, Mayamalavagowla, Hindolam, Bhimplas, Kalyani. One is a folk tune..."

thanks,

Krishnan

inetk
18th July 2013, 11:05 AM
Ilayaraja listed as one of the composers - I'm assuming he composed one or more of the instrumental pieces. Any idea of the split?

http://www.raaga.com/channels/hindi/moviedetail.asp?mid=H004820

inetk
18th July 2013, 11:26 AM
Looks like it is just for the remix version of Aye zindagi... nothing else :(

krish244
18th July 2013, 01:56 PM
Karthik,

Such a distorted (i.e. today's POPish style of singing and improvising in many places) version of the original song. Feel for the lyrics and tune is lost! Ghar / Mann bharliya.a.a.a.a.a.a.a.a.a :).

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
7th August 2013, 05:06 PM
"Megha" audio to release in London on 24th of this month. I think, it will be done during IR's show in London:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/tamil/news-interviews/Ilayarajas-Megha-audio-launch-in-London/articleshow/21673317.cms

thanks,

Krishnan

kr
24th August 2013, 07:30 AM
Megha available for per-order on iTunes. Just ordered it

kr
24th August 2013, 07:37 AM
Was listening to "polls vinayen" from Thiruvasagam. What a composition! The other thing that I have marveled at is that that song had different chorus parts - one recorded in Chennai and one later in Budapest - orchestration separately in Budapest and voice in Madras and NY to be able to do all that separately and then mix it to produce such a masterpiece, he had to conceived all that in his brain upfront how all that would piece together and then break in to those sections and record it in various places - it is genius.

kr
24th August 2013, 07:04 PM
Mugilo megamo is a iR all time top 10 candidate. Chellam Chellam is rocking. Kalvane - amazing how he can come with suc tunes and great orchestrization - Jeevane is a soul stirrer - what violins ang guitar - great singing - enna vendum - interesting song. Great album again Raja

Sunil_M88
24th August 2013, 09:20 PM
There's a tough competition going on between Kalvane & Mugilo Megamo! ...Dear Putham Puthu Welcome Back! :musicsmile:

SVN
25th August 2013, 12:43 AM
Why Yuvan for such great compositions?
From what I have heard from the teasers, his singing spoils the song!!! big time!

kr
25th August 2013, 04:51 AM
I think he has sung really well. I think he provides a contempory tone to the song and the fact that his voice is unconventional suits the songs. Ramya has done all the 3 songs really well.

Shank
25th August 2013, 06:52 AM
The other ones are obvious crowd pullers given the teasers we have seen previously. But man, Kalvane is an absolute stunner! I didn't expect this at all from Raja and I'm blown away. The song structure, the jazz swing beat, the violins....this is as unconventional as Raja can get, yet sounding absolutely divine, trendy, modern etc. He has hit this one out of the park!! amazing!

krish244
25th August 2013, 10:10 AM
Agree with Shank! Kalvane is superb! Yet to listen to other songs.

thanks,

Krishnan

irir123
26th August 2013, 12:52 AM
at first listen "Jeevane" is a modern, very-refined rehash of "kaadhal un leelaiyaa" - maybe same raagam - but I could hear the latter Japanil Kalyanaraman tune in this song!

'puthham puthu' rehash did not impress me at all - the original bass line ambience is missing

thats so far

baroque
26th August 2013, 02:25 AM
http://tamiltunes.me/megha-2013.html

mugilo megamo.... aesthetic bgm with piano & cello with flute, yeah... Ramya is good but Yuvan is flat for me!
I connect with Ilayaraja's version emotionally!

Kalvane.... indeed incredible jazzy, rhythmic piano - strings Ilayaraja's beauty!:thumbsup:

Mugilo megamo... Ilayaraja's version, I just closed my eyes, took a relaxed nap this afternoon! Soothing piano-violin interludes:musicsmile:

sivasub
26th August 2013, 08:12 AM

Mugilo megamo... Ilayaraja's version, I just closed my eyes, took a relaxed nap this afternoon! Soothing piano-violin interludes:musicsmile:

Mugilo megamo.. sounds very much like eduta neeve for the pallavi. The orchestration and the charanam are different, though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W6RHTdkrIY

svarman
26th August 2013, 09:51 AM
To me, better than NEPV!!

Guys please enjoy the album before churning out routine arrogant reviews. Needless to mention that we are and would be always biased with our so called unintentional comments and reviews. This man has done wonders and still does!

Btw: Nila choru was very experimental to me and am sure will be loved with visuals.

baroque
26th August 2013, 09:51 AM
slight yaad na jaaye ..... Rafi's composition crept in my mind! kirwani touches may be...
kalvane... is a Winner!:)

JamesDap
26th August 2013, 07:18 PM
Where do you guys get to listen to these songs? I can't find it on youtube, flipkart, raaga. Maybe I am a tech noob for not finding it but pl help.

baroque
26th August 2013, 08:16 PM
I checked out the album here.

Can't wait to buy physical CD!

JamesDap
26th August 2013, 08:30 PM
Thanks a lot, listening now.

JamesDap
26th August 2013, 08:39 PM
Ho ho ho, Kalvane is a real jazz fest, instantly addictive (these days, Raja compositions have to sort of grow on me). Thank God he didn't let Yuvan touch that one.

JamesDap
26th August 2013, 08:51 PM
slight yaad na jaaye ..... Rafi's composition crept in my mind! kirwani touches may be...

Shankar Jaikishan. :) I presume you mean Mugilo. If so, I felt shades of it too. Wish Rafi had been able to sing for IR, at least in Hindi. How nice if he had sung Ae Zindagi instead of Suresh Wadkar.....

Sounds like auto tune on Yuvan's portions in the charanam. Kodumai...but great composition.

baroque
26th August 2013, 10:15 PM
yeah... Mugilo is the one I am talking about.

dochu
27th August 2013, 01:36 AM
Songs are even better than NEPV.

If the singer (you know who I am talking about) is interested in money (who is not?), then maybe we can start a fund, collect money and give it to him to request not to sing anymore. Such great tunes, trashed unnecessarily. It happened in NEPV and now again.

Putham puthu ...song was quite bland. Singer didn't have much enthu in the songs.

Mugilo...tune to me, sounds similar as I said before.

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8722-Maestro-ilaiyaraaja-news-amp-titbits&p=1059218&viewfull=1#post1059218

Many thanks to Megha team for bringing out IR again successfully.

Kalvane.....is just out of this world!!!!!. Such a complex arrangement. I spent more time digging, relishing every bit of sound. Still not enough.....

Second song - Jeevane....brings quite an emotion. Wonderful.!

baroque
27th August 2013, 03:04 AM
Why are you blaming the singer? Ilayaraja is the music composer, he makes these choices. http://www.mayyam.com/talk/images/smilies/icon_eek.gif

Chellam konjum.... Yuvan's voice reflects no feelings, the lady vocalist is good. enjoy the instrumental music in the composition!

Joannepx
27th August 2013, 04:44 AM
Yes. I also have the same feeling. Instead of Yuvan, Raja sir could have tried with Karthik or Hari charan. Anyways, its maestro's choice.

venkkiram
27th August 2013, 09:40 AM
ஜீவனே ஜீவனே - பாடல் முதல் முறை கேட்கும் போதே உட்காருகிறது. ராஜாவின் குரல் வழக்கம் போலவே ஊனை உருக்குகிறது. காலஞ்சென்ற ஜீவாவை நினைத்து ராஜா பாடுவதாகவும் தோன்றுகிறது.

செல்லம் கொஞ்சும் - டிரம்ஸ் இசை அட்டகாசம்.

முகிலோ மேகமோ - ராஜா தனியாக மற்றும் யுவன் - ரம்யா இரண்டும் சேர்ந்து பாடிய இரு வடிவங்களுமே அருமை. அதிலும் ராஜா வெளிப்படுத்தும் உணர்வைப் பார்க்கும் போது, அது யுவன்-ரம்யா பாடும் வடிவத்தை விட முற்றிலும் மாறுபட்டு ஆச்சர்யப்படுத்துகிறது. சாய்ந்து சாய்ந்து பாடலை விட பல மடங்கு இந்தப் பாடலில் யுவன் குரலை ரசித்து கேட்க முடிகிறது.

எல்லோரையும் வியக்க வைத்த கள்வனே ஆரம்பத்தில் என்னை ஈர்க்கவில்லை. இரண்டாவது முறை, மூன்றாம் முறை கேட்கும் போது பிடித்திருக்கிறது. ஆனால் சிறப்பு என சொல்லும் அளவுக்கு எனக்கு போதிய இசையறிவு இல்லை.

என்ன வேண்டும் - கார்த்திக் எப்படியோ கரை சேர்க்கிறார் தனி ஆளாக. பிரியதர்ஷினியை தொடர்ந்து ராஜா என் ஒவ்வொரு படத்திலும் பயன்படுத்துகிறார் எனத் தெரியவில்லை.

பாடல் வரிகள் எல்லாம் பரவாயில்லை ரகமே.

சிம்பொனி இசைக்குழுவில் ராஜா இணைவதால் டிரம்ஸ் ஒலிக்கே ஒரு தனி வடிவம் கிடைத்திருக்கிறது. குறிப்பாக இந்த ஆல்பம் நெடுக டிரம்ஸின் சிம்பல்ஸ் அப்படியே மனதை வருடுது.

ஆல்பம் எனப் பார்க்கையில் நீதானே எந்தன் பொன்வசந்தத்தை விட மேல் / பல மடங்கு மேல் என்ற அபிப்ராயங்கள் எல்லாம் என்னை சிறிய அளவிற்கு கூட பாதிக்க வில்லை. அதில் காணப்பட்ட கன்ஸிஸ்டன்ஸி "ஜீவன்"/"ஆத்மா" இதில் மிஸ்ஸிங். முகிலோ மேகமோ, ஜீவனே ஜீவனே மட்டுமே காலம் கடந்து நினைவில் நிற்கும் பாடல்களாக இதுவரை கேட்ட அனுபவத்தில் தோன்றுகிறது. தோனி அளவுக்கு கூட என்னால் கற்பனை செய்து பார்க்கமுடியவில்லை.

JamesDap
27th August 2013, 08:06 PM
Seems the CD is in fact available on ilayathaalam.com! It never occurred to me that it would ONLY be available at the artist's direct and not with online retailers. I guess this is not a Sony production or such? Booked, waiting for CD now! :)

JamesDap
27th August 2013, 09:15 PM
Yes. I also have the same feeling. Instead of Yuvan, Raja sir could have tried with Karthik or Hari charan. Anyways, its maestro's choice.

Just one of his flaws that we'll have to live with. He said in kumudham that Bhavatharini has one of the most unique voices he has ever heard along with...wait for it...Mehdi Hassan and Nat King Cole! Guess blood ALWAYS runs thicker than water. I cannot grudge him his choices since it's not my business but I definitely won't buy an album which has ONLY Yuvan's vocals on all tracks for the male portions. I get to make my choice too.

dochu
27th August 2013, 11:19 PM
Why are you blaming the singer?

True. It is the composer's choice. As the other forumer said, blood is running thicker than water. He is opting Yuvan and not other talented singers. If Yuvan weren't his son, I doubt such songs will be given to yuvan.

On a different note, we all know our capabilities, and we do what best we can do. Doesn't Yuvan know that yet? Say, somebody asks me to sing - I will not not it even if it is my dad, because I know I am not only good at that but worse at it.

Even singers like Priyadarshini and Anitha, trashed songs.

Anitha especially whenever singing (saying) 'velai' etc in the song....it was totally bland. She seemed to try to give some emotion to it, but heard artificial and no soul in it. Similarly the female singer in En devadhai from Nadi thudikuthadi. Wish Shreya did this song, it would have gotten a new meaning.

baroque
28th August 2013, 02:03 AM
whether Ir's choice of these singers are on personal bias or he totally doesn't care about the emotive delivery, the end result is, it's dreadful.
Ilayaraja is the music composer, he is responsible! He is the one making decisions.
I am not going to ponder on why Yuvan is not realizing his limitations etc...
I checked out Megha - 2013, gone back to VILLUPPAATTUKARAN, AGNINATCHATHIRAM etc.. last evening itself. I moved on...:)

irir123
28th August 2013, 02:23 AM
"enna vendum" is a smart rehash of "hitchki hitchki" from PAA - methinks!

JamesDap
28th August 2013, 06:55 AM
On a different note, we all know our capabilities, and we do what best we can do. Doesn't Yuvan know that yet? Say, somebody asks me to sing - I will not not it even if it is my dad, because I know I am not only good at that but worse at it.

Even singers like Priyadarshini and Anitha, trashed songs.

I am not so sure about that. I guess if Raja offered a song on a platter, most people, most of us would jump at the opportunity. Consider that it's otherwise very difficult to impress him in an audition and get a chance. For Yuvan, being his son, it would be even more difficult to resist. I have no qualms in blaming it entirely on Raja for choosing Yuvan...I only blame Yuvan for not singing it well.

venkkiram
28th August 2013, 09:26 AM
I wish Raja uses SPB in each and every film he scores music. If SPB sings, even a lesser popular/feel song also gets a life.

baroque
28th August 2013, 10:02 AM
ninaichu paarunga Chellam konjum.... in SPBala's konji konji, thullal voice ley!
ippa ennadaanna...
emotionless pallavi delivery is enough to make us run away in frustration!:twisted:

awful!

Of course, I bounced back in good mood with villuppattukkaran's awesome flute bgm for SPB's kalai vaaniyo... folk ilayaraja!:musicsmile:

jmahesh
28th August 2013, 01:01 PM
Muhilo megamo sounds like nizhalo nijamo from paadum paravaigal/anweshana.

baroque
28th August 2013, 01:08 PM
Dochu mentioned it. :)
rag kirwani

Brianengab
28th August 2013, 09:51 PM
The top 6 songs right now on iTunes are from #Megha! :D pic.twitter.com/OwwWfamySB

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSwSuF2CUAA_Hpg.jpg:large

krish244
28th August 2013, 11:36 PM
Looks like Balu Mahendra's Thalaimuraigal is ready for release. Not sure, when the audio (if there are songs) will be out.

http://www.galatta.com/tamil/news/balu-mahendras-thalaimuraigal-gets-u/72040/

thanks,

Krishnan

dochu
29th August 2013, 05:48 AM
I have no qualms in blaming it entirely on Raja for choosing Yuvan...I only blame Yuvan for not singing it well.

well said!. The chances of a success, even if he tried hard to sing well, is very very slim. Only certain songs, like oru kal oru kannadi.... are ok suited for him.

Still I haven't had enough of Kalvane....why is that not on top in itunes? ;-)

JamesDap
29th August 2013, 07:05 AM
Maybe it's too jazzy for podhu makkal or something like that? No idea. It's easily my favourite from the album...that violin part at the end of the second interlude is incredible. Sir is taking risks in his interludes again, first on NEPV and now again on this album.

Chelian
29th August 2013, 09:59 AM
Somehow kalvane doesnt work for me,,,i suspect it wont work either for the masses.

The best songs for me in the album is Jeevane, mugilo, chellam..in that order.

Enna vendum,,sounds from the past,,..

Putham puthu kalai shouldnt be remade..why bother if it is going to sound exactly like the old version. Why didnt anyone request IR to make changes to the interludes ( albeit only 10% if need to). that would have made an interesting new version. Sigh!

JamesDap
30th August 2013, 07:11 AM
^^^ It's not that Kalvane is too complex, it's just very authentically Western (other than the lyrics, there is next to nothing that's Indian about the song) so most IR fans - who also mainly listen to Tamil/Indian film music might not find it easy to relate to it. But the melody is beautiful and I'd suggest that it's only a matter of growing on you.

venkkiram
30th August 2013, 07:30 AM
^^^ It's not that Kalvane is too complex, it's just very authentically Western (other than the lyrics, there is next to nothing that's Indian about the song) so most IR fans - who also mainly listen to Tamil/Indian film music might not find it easy to relate to it. But the melody is beautiful and I'd suggest that it's only a matter of growing on you. Very true. Already Kalvane என்னை கவ்வி விட்டது.

முகிலோ மேகமோ பாடலின் ஆரம்ப இசையிலிருந்து வெளியே போகவும் முடியவில்லை. மேகக் கூட்டங்களின் வழி நுழைந்து செல்வதுபோல ஒருவித உன்மத்த நிலை. எத்தனை கோடி இன்பம் வைத்தாய் ராஜா!

Kimrep
30th August 2013, 07:18 PM
I think kalvane is the best of the songs. Ramya seems to be perfect for it
Rehash of putham puthu is disappointing, i was hoping for something different.
love jeevane and raaja's version of mugilo
Chellam didnt seem to click as well as it did with the teaser
enna vendum is fogettable
I wish he uses someone other than YSR although YSR is much better here than NEPV
Overall, awesome album!

Kimrep
30th August 2013, 07:23 PM
One thing though... it is great to have this high quality version of putham puth even if it hasnt been changed in any way.

JamesDap
31st August 2013, 06:52 PM
One thing though... it is great to have this high quality version of putham puth even if it hasnt been changed in any way.

Yeah, sounds crystal clear. Anitha has sung it pretty well but is just not nearly as bold as S Janaki. It sounds like she has to make an effort to sing like that.

venkkiram
31st August 2013, 11:15 PM
The feel Anitha provided during end of each saranam is praise worthy. We can't simply ignore this new version of "Puththam puthu" just by considering the old id GOLD.

JamesDap
1st September 2013, 11:59 AM
One thought that occurred to me about Mugilo. IR's interludes in the 80s as well in many, many compositions in other decades used to have a strong 'theme' and the different passages would build up to a certain mood or emotional swell, whichever way you choose to describe it. But the first interlude of Mugilo sounds more like maintaining a set theme throughout. So there is not much contrast between the passages - keyboard/guitar/flute. I confess it is not exactly what I prefer to hear but what made me curious is he used this approach in Saindhu also. And the 2nd interlude in both songs is very dreamy and seems intended to catch the listener unawares with a surge of emotion. Sounds like a new approach he is experimenting with.

thumburu
2nd September 2013, 12:57 AM
"MugilO mEgamO" has that haunting Raja's 80's melodic characteristics and is it not natural for us to expect
somebody like SPB/SJ to do justice? i am unable to relish Raja singing at his age . Yuvan is a gone case and I am tired of lamenting. This time, to my surprise, even Ramya NSK is found wanting. She seemed a bit out of place in a trademark Raja melody.
I cannot help but compare with how SJ/SPB pair had lived in a similar tuned "uyire urave ondru naan sollavaa" from "anbin mugavari"

http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/moviedetail.asp?mid=T0002639.

venkkiram
2nd September 2013, 01:09 AM
One thought that occurred to me about Mugilo. IR's interludes in the 80s as well in many, many compositions in other decades used to have a strong 'theme' and the different passages would build up to a certain mood or emotional swell, whichever way you choose to describe it. But the first interlude of Mugilo sounds more like maintaining a set theme throughout. So there is not much contrast between the passages - keyboard/guitar/flute. I confess it is not exactly what I prefer to hear but what made me curious is he used this approach in Saindhu also. And the 2nd interlude in both songs is very dreamy and seems intended to catch the listener unawares with a surge of emotion. Sounds like a new approach he is experimenting with. சரியாகச் சொன்னீர்கள். வாங்கும் பணத்துக்கும் பாடலின் இடையிசையும் இவ்வகைதான். மாற்றம் கொஞ்சம் கொஞ்சமாக வர ஆரம்பித்தது இரண்டாயிரம் ஆண்டுகளுக்கு அப்புறந்தான் என நினைக்கிறேன். தேவர் மகன் போற்றி பாடடி பாடலின் முதல் இடையிசை நினைவுக்கு வருகிறது. எவ்வளவு படிக்கட்டுக்கள் வைத்து அழகாக பல்லவிக்கும் சரணத்திற்கும் பாலம் காட்டுகிறார்.

venkkiram
2nd September 2013, 01:39 AM
மெகா படத்தில் பாடல் வரிகள் சிறப்பாக இல்லை என்பதை விட, எழுதுவதில் ஒரு குழப்பம் தெரிகிறது. என்ன வேண்டும் எது வேண்டும் பாடலில் எளிய/மலிவான நகரத் தமிழ் பிரயோகங்கள் கலந்த பல்லவியில் "சாந்துப் போட்டு வாசம் வேணுமா? மஞ்சள் முகம் தீண்ட வேண்டுமா? குங்குமத்தை காண வேண்டுமா?" என்ற வரிகள் துருத்திக் கொண்டு நிற்கின்றன. முதல் சரணம் சுத்தம்.. பொய்யே நீ சொன்னாலும் மெய்யாய் நான் கேட்பேனே என நாயகி பாடுவதும், பதிலாக நாயகன் "மெய்யே நீ சொன்னாலும் உண்மைதானா என்பேனே!" - மெய்யும் உண்மையும் ஒரே வரியில்.. மீட்டருக்கு மேட்டர் என்பது ரொம்ப மலிவாக போய்விட்டது. தொடரும் "நீ போட்ட மந்திரம் நீ செய்த தந்திரம் நிற்காமல் சுத்துதே நெஞ்சென்னும் பம்பரம்".. ஆஹா! ஆஹா! காவிய வரிகள் நா. முத்துக்குமார். பாடலின் ஆரம்பமே என்ன வேண்டும் எது வேண்டும் எனக் கேட்டுக்கொண்டு கண்டதையெல்லாம் எழுதி பாடல் நிரப்பினால் என்ன செய்வது நா.முத்துக்குமார்! எனக்கு ஒன்று நினைவுக்கு வருகிறது கார்க்கி ஒரு பாடல் வரிகளுக்கான சாப்ட்வேர் டூல் தயாரித்து வைத்திருக்கிறாராம். அதன் ஒரு பக்கத்தில் ராஜாவின் இதுபோன்ற இசைக்குறிப்புக்களை நுழைத்து மறு பக்கம் வழியே பத்து இருபது பாடல் வரிகளின் வடிவங்களை பெற்றுவிடலாம். பத்து இருபது என்பது ஒரு வடிவம் பிடிக்கவில்லையென்றால் இன்னொன்று..எதுவும் பிடிக்கலையென்றால் ஒன்றிலிருந்து ஒரு வரி, இன்னொன்றிலிருந்து அடுத்த வரி.. இப்படி கலக்கி ஒரு கலவையாக மாற்றிவிடலாம். இசை மட்டுமே ஆர்கானிக், பாடல் வரிகள் Fast Food. அது எப்படிங்க.. இசையை மட்டுமே காதில் நுழைத்து மனதில் நிறுத்தி, வரிகளை உள்வாங்காமல் அப்படியே வெளியே தள்ளிவிடுவது! "Listening my music without listening to lyrics" எப்படி என ராஜாவிடமே ஒரு புத்தகம் எழுதச் சொல்லவேண்டியதுதான்.

venkkiram
2nd September 2013, 06:08 AM
கள்வனே கள்வனே பாடலின் இரண்டாவது இடையிசையை எப்படிச் சொல்லி புகழ்வதேன்றே தெரியல.. அதுவும் சரணம் தொடங்க்கப் போகிறது என நினைத்துக்கொண்டிருக்கும் வேளையில் வரும் வயலின் இசைக் கோர்வைக்கு சொத்தையே எழுதி வைக்கலாம். என்னே ஒரு அழகான இணைப்பு! ஆரம்பத்தில் அவ்வளவாக ஒட்டாத இப்பாடலைப் பார்த்தே இப்போதெல்லாம் நான் பாடுகிறேன் "கள்வனே கள்வனே!"

irir123
2nd September 2013, 07:01 AM
venkkiram - "kalvane" is the pick of the album in terms of IR venturing into new territory - 'mugiley' or 'jeevane' are his 'been there done that' category.

it sticks out as the odd ball ! however thats what IR has to do in the present times - more such odd ball compositions!

this is what someone like ARR has been doing last several years - 'masakali' from delhi 6 is one example - he has been giving odd ball compositions and their success is only because they have been odd balls!

'kalvane' is thaaru maaru creativity.

please note: films like Pazhassi Raaja, or Nan Kadavul had a very strong story line with very script specific situations - NEPV offered situations that were slightly more generic, and IR went ballistic!

MEGHA probably offers even more generic situations and IR in his present love affair with jazz has used it to his own advantage for a most likely very generic situation/setting in "MEGHA" in the form of 'kalvane"

raajarasigan
2nd September 2013, 12:48 PM
Megha - Listened twice so far..

My Pick - Chellam konjum :shock: :oops: Is IR trying a Yuvan here? I feel yuvan's voice suits this song. Lot of similarities with Kaatrai Konjam especially ludes

Mugilo Megamo - Nice Melody, IR version is better

Kalvane - Need to give a few more listen, haven't impressed much so far

Other songs - need some more time though Enna Vendum fell very flat to me..

After listening Megha, went back to Nila Soru's Kallale senju vacha - IR's territory... IR I known for years... :)

svarman
2nd September 2013, 05:11 PM
http://onlyraja.wordpress.com/2013/08/31/light-shade-review-of-megha-album/

Suren

Megha - Listened twice so far..

My Pick - Chellam konjum :shock: :oops: Is IR trying a Yuvan here? I feel yuvan's voice suits this song. Lot of similarities with Kaatrai Konjam especially ludes

Mugilo Megamo - Nice Melody, IR version is better

Kalvane - Need to give a few more listen, haven't impressed much so far

Other songs - need some more time though Enna Vendum fell very flat to me..

After listening Megha, went back to Nila Soru's Kallale senju vacha - IR's territory... IR I known for years... :)

dochu
6th September 2013, 04:36 AM
Mudiyavillai ........Kalvane is still non-stop on the loop. Can't seem to get enough of it.

Everything is so perfect - choice of singers, voice modulations, music etc. Just out of this world!

Joannepx
6th September 2013, 07:18 AM
for me.. "Jeevane Jeevane" has been looping in my mind since this morning.. vow the orchestra, the chorous and Raja's voice..no words to explain

venkkiram
6th September 2013, 07:31 AM
Mudiyavillai ........Kalvane is still non-stop on the loop. Can't seem to get enough of it.

Everything is so perfect - choice of singers, voice modulations, music etc. Just out of this world!

Exactly. Prelude is setting the ambiance very nicely. Kalvane is one example where right selection of singers enriches the beauty and it elevates the tune to an unexpected level.

venkkiram
6th September 2013, 07:37 AM
for me.. "Jeevane Jeevane" has been looping in my mind since this morning.. vow the orchestra, the chorous and Raja's voice..no words to explain ஹரிச்சரனுக்கு இந்த வாய்ப்பை ராஜாவே வழங்க்கியிருக்கலாம் எனத் தோன்றுகிறது. ராஜாவுக்கு இதெல்லாம் பத்தோடு பதினொன்றாக அமையக் கூடிய பாடல். ஹரிச்சரன் நிச்சயமாக தனது பன்முகத் தன்மையை அத்தகைய வாய்ப்பில் நிரூபித்திருப்பார்.

raajarasigan
6th September 2013, 12:03 PM
to me, Kalvane sounds better after each listen.. :-)

Lyrics of late in IR's compositions including NEPV :banghead: .. Na.Mu is writing better lyrics for other composers.. IR'a impress pannanumnu remba try panni mokkaya ezuthurar.. :evil:

Kimrep
6th September 2013, 10:49 PM
to me, Kalvane sounds better after each listen.. :-)

Lyrics of late in IR's compositions including NEPV :banghead: .. Na.Mu is writing better lyrics for other composers.. IR'a impress pannanumnu remba try panni mokkaya ezuthurar.. :evil:

very true. I wish he could bury the hatchet and get back with "Diamond". Dunno why he didnt go with thamarai for NEPV, Goutham Menon always works with her. IR might think lyric doesnt matter and music will get the emotion out but it doesnt work that way for simple folks like me. To make it worse the lyrics seem to distract from the emotion. IMHO, that video clip of IR humming saindhu sainthu tune was much more effective that the final song, YSR's voice added to the agony. thankfully there was a telugu version to fall back on.

dochu
7th September 2013, 05:47 AM
I am quite glad hariharan did that song than Karthik. Like SPB doing thousands of songs, it would have added to Karthik's list if he did that.

Hariharan and Ramya handled it very well. Even Shreya may have been a bad choice.

venkkiram
7th September 2013, 08:24 AM
Dochu sir.. That's Haricharan.

svarman
7th September 2013, 10:55 AM
http://youtu.be/UCmxZpfDHNk

Enjoy......

Suren

Dochu sir.. That's Haricharan.

dochu
8th September 2013, 05:07 PM
a single letter typo can change a whole individual. :-)))

ajaybaskar
8th September 2013, 06:59 PM
உங்க பேரை பார்க்கும்போதும் எனக்கு அதே பயம்தான் வருது டொச்சு சார்.

dochu
8th September 2013, 10:08 PM
@ajaybaskar,
good one!. ;-)

venkkiram
9th September 2013, 10:23 PM
செல்லம் கொஞ்சும் - பாடல் இப்போதெல்லாம் வெகுவாக ஆட்கொள்ள ஆரம்பித்துவிட்டது. என்ன ஒரு டிரம்ஸ் துள்ளல் இந்த ஆக்கத்தில்! ஆரம்ப இசையிலிருந்து முதல் சரணம் வரை தொடர்ந்து ஆர்ப்பரிக்கும் டிரம்ஸை "சரி நீ போய் ஓய்வெடுத்துக்கோ!" என விடுப்பிற்கு அனுமதித்து விட்டு டிரம்ஸ் இல்லாமலேயே இரண்டாம் இடையிசையை அமைக்கும் பாங்கு ராஜாவிற்கே உரிய முத்திரை. இதெல்லாம் ராஜாவிற்கே உரிய எதார்த்த/இயல்பு மீறல்.. அப்படிப்பட்ட முடிவு காட்சிக்கு தேவைப்பட்ட ஒன்றா இல்லையா என படம் வந்த பிறகு தெரிந்து விடும். ஆனால் ஆனால்.. இரண்டாம் இடையிசையில் அந்தப் பாடலின் அடிநாதமாக இழையோடும் அந்த துள்ளலின் ஆழம் குறைந்துவிட்டதே என கேட்கும் நாம் நினைக்காதவாறு உறையச் செய்ய அவரால் முடிகிறது. வெற்றியும் காண முடிகிறது. (அந்த இரண்டாம் இசையின் ஆரம்பப்பகுதி ஹேராம் பட இசைக் கோர்ப்பினை ஞாபகப் படுத்துகிறது). அதுதான் இசை மந்திரம்.

krish244
12th September 2013, 01:32 PM
Composition for RRCP ("Raja Raja Chozhanin Porval") amidst public gathering in Kalyana Pasupa*theeswarar temple in Karur (on Wednesday):

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/130912/entertainment-tvmusic/article/first-ilayaraja-composes-music-public

thanks,

Krishnan

svarman
13th September 2013, 09:21 AM
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/chennai/when-ilayarajas-music-inspired-lalgudi-jayaraman/article5121108.ece?ref=relatedNews

suren

tvsankar
13th September 2013, 03:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrIoKNcKzdc

Tune matum dhan Rajava.......... Orchestration, Instrumentation ellam dhanae IR...................

K
13th September 2013, 10:14 PM
http://www.lonewolfproductions.in/downloadbgm.jsp

Oonaayum Aattukuttiyum BGM Legal download.

krish244
14th September 2013, 10:32 AM
Thanks K! Dominated by violins and generally western classical! Excellent! Eager to see with the visuals.

thanks,

Krishnan

Brianengab
14th September 2013, 11:27 PM
Prakash Raj
‏@prakashraaj
Just finished recording songs by maestro . Off to Mysore to gear up for the shoot. Blessed with his music. pic.twitter.com/znIiJE5Ywi

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUIOe_wCYAMsjiU.jpg:large

thumburu
15th September 2013, 12:29 AM
செல்லம் கொஞ்சும் - பாடல் இப்போதெல்லாம் வெகுவாக ஆட்கொள்ள ஆரம்பித்துவிட்டது. என்ன ஒரு டிரம்ஸ் துள்ளல் இந்த ஆக்கத்தில்! ஆரம்ப இசையிலிருந்து முதல் சரணம் வரை தொடர்ந்து ஆர்ப்பரிக்கும் டிரம்ஸை "சரி நீ போய் ஓய்வெடுத்துக்கோ!" என விடுப்பிற்கு அனுமதித்து விட்டு டிரம்ஸ் இல்லாமலேயே இரண்டாம் இடையிசையை அமைக்கும் பாங்கு ராஜாவிற்கே உரிய முத்திரை. இதெல்லாம் ராஜாவிற்கே உரிய எதார்த்த/இயல்பு மீறல்.. அப்படிப்பட்ட முடிவு காட்சிக்கு தேவைப்பட்ட ஒன்றா இல்லையா என படம் வந்த பிறகு தெரிந்து விடும். ஆனால் ஆனால்.. இரண்டாம் இடையிசையில் அந்தப் பாடலின் அடிநாதமாக இழையோடும் அந்த துள்ளலின் ஆழம் குறைந்துவிட்டதே என கேட்கும் நாம் நினைக்காதவாறு உறையச் செய்ய அவரால் முடிகிறது. வெற்றியும் காண முடிகிறது. (அந்த இரண்டாம் இசையின் ஆரம்பப்பகுதி ஹேராம் பட இசைக் கோர்ப்பினை ஞாபகப் படுத்துகிறது). அதுதான் இசை மந்திரம்.

The unexpected "melodic" transitiont in the 2nd interlude in an otherwise fun filled, peppy song is indeed a surprise. Come to think of it, in Anjali "vaanam namakku keezhE" too, Raja has employed a similar ploy. While the first interlude is full of froth and fun, the second one is a contrastand a very endearing one. I guess Raja wants to depict some on-screen happening there

irir123
15th September 2013, 02:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrIoKNcKzdc

Tune matum dhan Rajava.......... Orchestration, Instrumentation ellam dhanae IR...................

"oosi mani paasi mani" tune is a rehash of "thendralai kandu kolla maane" from Nilave mugam kaattu !

venkkiram
15th September 2013, 04:07 AM
இப்போதான் "ஓநாயும் ஆட்டுக்குட்டியும்" படத்தின் பின்னணி இசையைக் கேட்டேன். மெய்சிலிர்க்கும் இசைப் பிரவாகம்.

:notworthy:

stULana
19th September 2013, 11:15 PM
Here is an excellent review by Ravi Natarajan on IR's music for Mysskin's Onayum Aatukuttiyum. Mysskin could release them for free..as he is the producer too (and does not mind losing the money).
IR's Original Score (BGM) for download: http://www.lonewolfproductions.in/downloadbgm.jsp

Review by Ravi Natarajan:
------
ravinat on Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:23 am
I did not react to NEPV, nor to Megha or any films in between. It's not that I did not appreciate Raja's work on those films. To me, they struck me as his normal work that he has done for the past 5 decades. However, Raja has demonstrated something so unique now, that no composer has done from India. This is perhaps the best strings arrangement I have heard in decades. He clearly reminds those who have forgotten that here comes the emperor of orchestration. Such scores rekindle my pride for being a fan of Raja.

Firstly, Mysskin deserves all kudos for making this happen. He has insisted that only Raja should compose the BGM for this film. I will compare this score with some of the finest from John Williams as I cannot think of anyone living today to draw a parallel. I like, collect and watch a number of JW scored Hollywood films. Both Raja and JW have similar working styles, though Raja is extremely fast compared to JW. Both of them have a rock solid understanding of WCM.

The film has 10 BGM tracks.

1. Compassion - Starts off with a lone guitar and a solo violin. Just 23 seconds - reminds you of the 'Schindler's List', though it has less melancholy.

2. Firefly - This is 38 seconds long. It has some pretty intense strings and double bass and cellos. Too short is the only complaint.

3. Growl - This is 36 seconds long - Again, some intense thriller music with double bass, cellos and violins. The emotions from the firefly and the growl tracks are very different that only a maestro can deliver within half minute.

4. Threshold Guardian - Not sure, why this track is called the way it is. Without watching a film, it is hard to tell. The solo violin leads the pack three fourths of the way (1:11 min). The backing harmony arrangement of this track is world class. All new composers must take a few lessons from this track. Kudos to whoever played the solo violin on this track and others (Prabhakar?). The remaining 25% of the track length is pure harmony with strings.

5. The Grim Reaper - Again another track with only 32 seconds of music. This is also heavy on double bass and cellos. Reminds me of Jerry Goldsmith's 'Omen'.

6. I killed an angel - This is one of the finest tracks in the collection. This is the type of track only Raja is capable of. Starts off with a solo violin in a repenting mood. A group of violins respond to the solo violin's sadness. Is that supposed to mean consoling the main character for realizing the mistake? I am just guessing based on what Mysskin said in his recent film launch.

7. Fairy Tale - This is fortunately more than 5 minutes and 16 seconds long. This starts off with a lone violin playing in harmony with the background violins. However, the mood is not one of melancholy, but one that is narrative (same instrumentation, different colors, emotions - that's what happens when it is handled by a maestro). For the first time, after 2 minutes, the flute joins the foray. The background violins and harmony continue, reminding me of some Hey Ram scores. The flute parts are just very soothing, perhaps meant to describe a different stage of a fairy (the first stage being handled by the solo violin). There is a brief silence and another stage of the fairy is narrated by a group of violins in harmony with background violins. Again another brief silence. The mood suddenly shifts to something very jubilant, with the double bass and the cellos joining the fray. The last parts remind you of some of the Marupadiyum score. Also, it reminds me of the stage of the lone horse getting trapped in the battle field in War Horse (JW). One of the top tracks in this album.

8. Walking through Life and Death - This is 4:37 in length. As the title suggests, Raja is describing a span of life challenged by some dark events. This starts off with violins (reminds me of the opening score of Jurassic Park). With the flutes, cellos joining the orchestra, and later by the double bass, oboe, it is ideal for shots that span a wide landscape/cityscape. This progresses for a minute followed by a high pitch violin, normally to sound a marked departure from routine. What follows this is the waves of sound with violins (some scores of JW in Jaws, Once upon a time in Tibet, had this characteristic) that I have never heard in Indian BGMs. I have always longed for such treatment for Indian films. Raja delivers a great score that makes Indian movies no less than any Hollywood flicks. The 30 odd seconds of repeated waves of violin will stay in my mind for a very long time. The final parts are played on the piano perhaps signifying something dark. Ideal for a zoom shot that completes the journey. Another top track.

9. Redemption - This is 1:01 in length. Starts off with a simple piano tune. The solo violin and the background harmony takes over and alternates with the piano. The piano signifies perhaps past action and the solo violin signifies the present and the harmony can show how one tries to bridge the past and the present. The only complaint: too short.

10. Somebody loves us all - This is for 3:35. This track simply hit me on the melody just on the first hearing. This track closely resembles Marupadiyum score in arrangement, though the melody is different. Having heard Raja several hundred times, I will not risk guessing the emotions that he may be conveying in this part. I like the silence between the violins and where the piano starts. The violins play beautifully between the piano strokes. It takes a master to arrange this part. The solo violin takes over playing the same melody the track started with in a different octave. The violin group plays the first melody in response. Ideally, this type of music is ideal for the final summary of the narration. I was reminded of the horse coming back to its old place in the sunset in the final scenes of War Horse. I liked that JW score the most in WH and I like this the most in OA.

Raja has spoiled me over the years by training my ears to expect the unexpected. With these kind of scores, he has set the bar so high that even the peak is invisible. He has scaled a new peak and most observers are still behind his past peak. Most of the general listeners think that he has descended from his peak. Scores like this tells us that he is scaling new heights that observers behind his past peak have no idea about.

I will not be surprised if this score goes unappreciated by any reward committee as they are also behind his past peaks. It is up to every listener to elevate himself/herself to see his constant ascent in musical quality.
------

Soul-stirring pure orchestral music by IR. Best WCM from India, and with Raaja's trademarks, making it IR's music :bow:

dochu
25th September 2013, 05:08 AM
For a long time, this is been going in my mind since Megha's audio release.

Elite members in carnatic, can enlighten me please.

Could pottu vaitha kathal thittam song and Kalvanae from Megha be on the same raga?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIaV_UY6X1s

baroque
25th September 2013, 06:25 AM
pottu vaitha kadhal .....singaravelan has ROCK music identities like pounding guitars, drums and loud vocals!
Megha's Kalvaney.... has elongated melody with jazzy bgm. May be couple of hard piano strokes rhythm you hear, makes you recall pottu vaitha....:roll:

Raja is rocking with Kalvaney..., one song is enough to say numero uno for this year!:-D

nambalai kapathiduvar! :)

JamesDap
25th September 2013, 06:59 AM
Yeah, I don't find any similarities to Pottu Vaitha Kadhal either....def not the arrangements, nor the melody. I would want to verify once when I get the time if there is any possibility of the raga being the same, but I doubt it; it would almost definitely diverge in the charanam.

And not only Pottu Vaitha, Kalvane doesn't sound like any track of his from the past, to me. Not even Kanna Vandhu Paadugindhran. That might also have touches of jazz but is still a completely different song. Balki might think IR doesn't need to write new originals after 900 films but I (we) disagree.

baroque
25th September 2013, 07:19 AM
kalvaney....megha
http://www.raaga.com/play/?id=394575

(http://www.raaga.com/play/?id=394575)

dochu
25th September 2013, 09:45 PM
Yes. I know arrangements are different, just not sure about raga. I have no idea on those things.

With the current trend in musicians (including the oscar winner) to copy songs from western even before they cross 100 film mark, for IR to give such a refreshing, 'unheard' , appealing tune, even after 950 films - is remarkable and calls for one of the wonders of the world!

Joannepx
26th September 2013, 05:47 PM
இப்போதான் "ஓநாயும் ஆட்டுக்குட்டியும்" படத்தின் பின்னணி இசையைக் கேட்டேன். மெய்சிலிர்க்கும் இசைப் பிரவாகம்.

:notworthy:

You nailed it..

raaga_kann
27th September 2013, 07:32 PM
Initial review of OA is promising....

http://reviews.in.88db.com/index.php/movie/movie-reviews/22835-onaiyum-aatukuttiyum-movie-review-story

vem
27th September 2013, 09:45 PM
Yet another positive review, for the movie and IR's BGM.
http://www.tamilkey.com/onayum-aatukuttiyum-movie-online-review.html

Dying to watch this thriller!

vem
27th September 2013, 09:50 PM
http://www.sify.com/movies/onayum-aatukuttiyum-review-tamil-15039498.html

Could be on the range of Poo Vizhi Vaasalile
Since it's been almost 2 decades since I watched and enjoyed the movie (especially the BGM), I thought of showing it to my 6 year old son to see if the BGM had any impact on the next generation.

Wow! It certainly did in spades. The scene in which Satyaraj comes to know that the kiddo is deaf made my son show compassion, while the scene in which Raghuvaran and the other guy chase the kid made him shriek in fear....

These are monumental works, and the other thriller which still has an impact on me is "Anveshana"

JamesDap
27th September 2013, 09:53 PM
Yes. I know arrangements are different, just not sure about raga. I have no idea on those things.

I do not know much about it either but because I like to say something foolish in the hope that a more educated person will correct me (and I get to learn in the process), I will try anyway. Pallavi seems to be keeravani in both songs. As I said earlier, Kalvane changes completely with that 'break' in the charanam, while Pottu vaitha anyway diverges from keeravani in the charanam.

In fact, the note introduced in the last line of Kalvane pallavi ..."Naan pesa nee pesa" already takes it away from Keeravani. If there is some other raga apart from the common ones that accommodates these notes, I am not aware of.

MelHarmony
28th September 2013, 12:40 AM
Truly mesmerising album.....
Got a satisfaction of hearing the following
1. Singing self in NBW album
2. Composers breath in NBW
3. Paneer pushpangal climax bgm
4. Apoorva sagotharargal pathos bgm
5. Lajja title track

I have not stopped the playing loop for weeknow

imply cried in walking through and redemption tracks

Here is an excellent review by Ravi Natarajan on IR's music for Mysskin's Onayum Aatukuttiyum. Mysskin could release them for free..as he is the producer too (and does not mind losing the money).
IR's Original Score (BGM) for download: http://www.lonewolfproductions.in/downloadbgm.jsp

------
I did not react to NEPV, nor to Megha or any films in between. It's not that I did not appreciate Raja's work on those films. To me, they struck me as his normal work that he has done for the past 5 decades. However, Raja has demonstrated something so unique now, that no composer has done from India. This is perhaps the best strings arrangement I have heard in decades. He clearly reminds those who have forgotten that here comes the emperor of orchestration. Such scores rekindle my pride for being a fan of Raja.

Firstly, Mysskin deserves all kudos for making this happen. He has insisted that only Raja should compose the BGM for this film. I will compare this score with some of the finest from John Williams as I cannot think of anyone living today to draw a parallel. I like, collect and watch a number of JW scored Hollywood films. Both Raja and JW have similar working styles, though Raja is extremely fast compared to JW. Both of them have a rock solid understanding of WCM.

1. Compassion - Starts off with a lone guitar and a solo violin. Just 23 seconds - reminds you of the 'Schindler's List', though it has less melancholy.

2. Firefly - This is 38 seconds long. It has some pretty intense strings and double bass and cellos. Too short is the only complaint.

3. Growl - This is 36 seconds long - Again, some intense thriller music with double bass, cellos and violins. The emotions from the firefly and the growl tracks are very different that only a maestro can deliver within half minute.

4. Threshold Guardian - Not sure, why this track is called the way it is. Without watching a film, it is hard to tell. The solo violin leads the pack three fourths of the way (1:11 min). The backing harmony arrangement of this track is world class. All new composers must take a few lessons from this track. Kudos to whoever played the solo violin on this track and others (Prabhakar?). The remaining 25% of the track length is pure harmony with strings.

5. The Grim Reaper - Again another track with only 32 seconds of music. This is also heavy on double bass and cellos. Reminds me of Jerry Goldsmith's 'Omen'.

6. I killed an angel - This is one of the finest tracks in the collection. This is the type of track only Raja is capable of. Starts off with a solo violin in a repenting mood. A group of violins respond to the solo violin's sadness. Is that supposed to mean consoling the main character for realizing the mistake? I am just guessing based on what Mysskin said in his recent film launch.

7. Fairy Tale - This is fortunately more than 5 minutes and 16 seconds long. This starts off with a lone violin playing in harmony with the background violins. However, the mood is not one of melancholy, but one that is narrative (same instrumentation, different colors, emotions - that's what happens when it is handled by a maestro). For the first time, after 2 minutes, the flute joins the foray. The background violins and harmony continue, reminding me of some Hey Ram scores. The flute parts are just very soothing, perhaps meant to describe a different stage of a fairy (the first stage being handled by the solo violin). There is a brief silence and another stage of the fairy is narrated by a group of violins in harmony with background violins. Again another brief silence. The mood suddenly shifts to something very jubilant, with the double bass and the cellos joining the fray. The last parts remind you of some of the Marupadiyum score. Also, it reminds me of the stage of the lone horse getting trapped in the battle field in War Horse (JW). One of the top tracks in this album.

8. Walking through Life and Death - This is 4:37 in length. As the title suggests, Raja is describing a span of life challenged by some dark events. This starts off with violins (reminds me of the opening score of Jurassic Park). With the flutes, cellos joining the orchestra, and later by the double bass, oboe, it is ideal for shots that span a wide landscape/cityscape. This progresses for a minute followed by a high pitch violin, normally to sound a marked departure from routine. What follows this is the waves of sound with violins (some scores of JW in Jaws, Once upon a time in Tibet, had this characteristic) that I have never heard in Indian BGMs. I have always longed for such treatment for Indian films. Raja delivers a great score that makes Indian movies no less than any Hollywood flicks. The 30 odd seconds of repeated waves of violin will stay in my mind for a very long time. The final parts are played on the piano perhaps signifying something dark. Ideal for a zoom shot that completes the journey. Another top track.

9. Redemption - This is 1:01 in length. Starts off with a simple piano tune. The solo violin and the background harmony takes over and alternates with the piano. The piano signifies perhaps past action and the solo violin signifies the present and the harmony can show how one tries to bridge the past and the present. The only complaint: too short.

10. Somebody loves us all - This is for 3:35. This track simply hit me on the melody just on the first hearing. This track closely resembles Marupadiyum score in arrangement, though the melody is different. Having heard Raja several hundred times, I will not risk guessing the emotions that he may be conveying in this part. I like the silence between the violins and where the piano starts. The violins play beautifully between the piano strokes. It takes a master to arrange this part. The solo violin takes over playing the same melody the track started with in a different octave. The violin group plays the first melody in response. Ideally, this type of music is ideal for the final summary of the narration. I was reminded of the horse coming back to its old place in the sunset in the final scenes of War Horse. I liked that JW score the most in WH and I like this the most in OA.

Raja has spoiled me over the years by training my ears to expect the unexpected. With these kind of scores, he has set the bar so high that even the peak is invisible. He has scaled a new peak and most observers are still behind his past peak. Most of the general listeners think that he has descended from his peak. Scores like this tells us that he is scaling new heights that observers behind his past peak have no idea about.

I will not be surprised if this score goes unappreciated by any reward committee as they are also behind his past peaks. It is up to every listener to elevate himself/herself to see his constant ascent in musical quality.
------

Soul-stirring pure orchestral music by IR. Best WCM from India, and with Raaja's trademarks, making it IR's music :bow:

Joannepx
28th September 2013, 03:36 AM

------

------

I havent watched the movie yet. But I could visualize the "grow"l bgm like wolf getting ready to hunt in the packs. What an apt title for the bgm.

njv
28th September 2013, 11:18 PM
Onaayum Aatukuttiyum - MUST Watch. 2 Heroes. Maestro and Myskin. DONT MISS IT. Clean Musical-Thriller.

K
29th September 2013, 09:16 PM
Watched ”Onayum Attukuttiyum” this morning, Simple review about the movie and Soundtrack :-

Symphony Of Human Emotions. I salute Myskkin for inspiring Raja sir to score such music.

இந்த படத்தை பார்தால் கமல் மிகவும் வருத்தபடுவார், தான் ராஜாவுடம் சமீப காலமாக இனைந்து பணியாற்றாமல் இருப்பதை நினைத்து. காலம் கடந்தாவது நிச்சயம் கொண்டாடப்படும் இந்த படம்.

venkkiram
29th September 2013, 11:07 PM
பின்னணி இசைத் துண்டுகளை ஏற்கனவே நிறைய முறை கேட்டு ரசித்துவிட்டு திரைப்படத்திற்கு சென்றபோது அதில் வராத இன்னும் வேறு சில வடிவங்க்கள்/ மேலும் பல பொக்கிஷங்கள் காணக் கிடைக்கிறது. குறிப்பாக ரயில் நிலையத்தில் ஒரு பரபரப்பான காட்சி. ராஜா ராஜாதான் என ஆயிரத்து ஒன்றாவது முறை ஆணித்தரமாக சொல்லும் இடம். அதகளம்!

venkkiram
29th September 2013, 11:54 PM
Scale changes in Kalvane Kalvane!

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rp4hp2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn-lBCgAKeo

venkkiram
30th September 2013, 09:59 AM
ஓநாயும் ஆட்டுக்குட்டியும் - முன்னணி இசை என டைட்டிலில் மிஷ்கின் போட்டது ஒருவிதத்தில் சரியே. இசையானது பின்னணியில் சற்றுக் குறைவான அளவில் ஒலிக்காமல் பெரும்பாலான இடங்களில் மிகுந்தே காணப்படுகிறது. இந்த ஒரு படத்தில் என இல்லை. தமிழ்ப் படங்களில் தென்படும் வழக்கமான ஒன்றுதான். இந்த ஒலி அளவை யார் தீர்மானிக்கிறார்கள்? இசையமைப்பாளரா ? இல்லை படத் தொகுப்பாளரா? இயக்குனரா? இப்படத்தின் பின்னணி இசைத் துண்டுகளை படம் பார்ப்பதற்கு முன்பு கேட்டு ரசித்ததற்கும் படத்தோடு பார்த்து கேட்டு ரசித்ததற்கும் வித்யாசம் இருக்கு. முன்னதில் மனசு ஒன்றி கேட்க முடிந்த எனக்கு இரண்டாவதில் சுவாரஸ்யம் குறைந்து போக இந்த மிகை ஒலி அளவும், கதையோட்டமும் ஒரு காரணம். என் ராசாவின் மனசிலே, முதல் மரியாதை, தேவர் மகன், காதலுக்கு மரியாதைகளை ஒரு சிறந்த உதாரணமாகச் சொல்வேன். காதலுக்கு மரியாதை -இறுதிக் கட்டக் காட்சி பின்னணி இசையினை தனியாக கவனம் வைத்துக் கேட்க என்னால் முடியவே முடியாமல் பல முறை தோற்றுப் போயிருக்கிறேன். அந்த அளவுக்கு இலைமறைக் காய் போல பின்னணி இசையிருந்தால் அது ஜீவன். இதில் அப்பட்டமாக வெளியே தெரிவது போல பல இடங்களில். இது இயக்கத்தின் குறைபாட்டினால் எனச் சொன்னால் மிகையில்லை.

K
30th September 2013, 03:10 PM
For people who are interested in buying Onayum Attaukuttiyum Movie Sound Track CD

http://600024.com/store/onayum-aatukuttiyum-bgm-audio-cd-free

thumburu
2nd October 2013, 10:31 PM
Listened to the "OnAiyum Attukuttiyum" tracks from a good audio quality link provided by KV.
Most of the tracks are too brief like firefly , to say anything. I started singing "EdhO mOgam" from where Compassion left . Growl indeed is heart pounding. Need to watch the movie. Grim reaper again is too trim but seems interesting. Fairy tale is fairly long and very soulful like somebody repenting over the lost innocence. Ithnoondu trailerAE ippidinnaa innum silver screenla kEttaa, appappaa!!! I am super excited about Raja scoring for a crime thriller after decades ,like after "sigappu rOjAkkaL","Gayathri","NoorAvadhu nAL" ....

baroque
3rd October 2013, 02:54 AM
Hey Thumburu, Watch AADINAGALU - kannada, about under world 80s B'lore thriller movie Raja has worked .

oh... subtle, delicate, fine feelings, none of these tracks gave you while watching? let me see..
Myshkin's last movie with Cheran Yudham Sei, I liked it. Hope I will get a quality DVD release for me to watch. I am eager about OAK and Malayalam thriller - Mumbai police http://www.mayyam.com/talk/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif

K, thanks for the link!

Vinatha

krish244
4th October 2013, 04:11 PM
Some info about one of the songs of RD 3D (Rudramadevi 3D :) ):

"Already Gunasekhar spent lots of money to build lavish sets for this ‘Rudramadevi 3D’ shoot and now he is ready to built "Anthahpuram Mandiram’ set at Annapurna 7 Acres complex to shoot a song and few scenes....For this set Gunasekhar is spending more than a Crore because he is also the producer for this film.Gunasekhar is spending more money for this film.
The song ‘Anthahpuram lo Andhala Chilaka’ will be shot on Anushka, Zara Shah and Nathalia Kaur in this Anthahpuram Mandiram set. Antahpuramlo andala chiluka.. song lyrics is penned by Sirivennela Seetharama Sastry, Ilayaraja composed the tunes and Rajasundaram master is the choreographer..."

Lavish set....wondering about the orchestration for the song !

thanks,

Krishnan

thumburu
4th October 2013, 07:32 PM
Vinatha : Hey Thumburu, Watch AADINAGALU - kannada, about under world 80s B'lore thriller movie Raja has worked .

Me : Thanks for the reco Vinatha. Will watch it sometime :) . My favourite genre is crime thriller.

Vinatha : oh... subtle, delicate, fine feelings, none of these tracks gave you while watching? let me see..

Me : Ofcourse , they are in plenty. Tracks like Compassion, Fairy tale, Someone loves us all are quite endearing . There cannot be a Raja album without evoking these fine, subtle emotions, however dark the theme may be.

Brianengab
5th October 2013, 04:32 PM
http://tamil.thehindu.com/cinema/tamil-cinema/%E0%AE%89%E0%AE%AF%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%82%E0%AE%9A%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%9A%E0%A F%88-%E0%AE%89%E0%AE%A3%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%A F%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%87%E0%AE%9A%E0%AF%88/article5203674.ece

உயிர் மூச்சை உணர்த்தும் இசை :bow:

கானக இருளில் கரடியும் புலிகளும் துரத்த ஒளிய இடமில்லாமல் ஓடிக்கொண்டே இருக்கும் உயிர்ப் பயணம். திரைக்கதையின் திருப்பங்களினூடே ஆங்காங்கே மறைந்து நிற்கும் வெளிச்ச விதைகள். சமீபத்தில் வெளியானவற்றில் இத்தனை நேர்த்தியான மர்மப் பின்னலுடன் அமைந்த திரைப்படம் இதுதான் என்று சொல்லலாம். படத்தின் திரைக்கதைக்கு நிகரான வெளியில், வேறொரு தளத்தில் உயிர்ப்பூட்டும் இசை தந்திருக்கிறார் இளையராஜா.

ஒரு இசையமைப்பாளர் தந்த பாடல்களை அடிப்படையாக வைத்தே அவரைப் பற்றிய மதிப்பீடு உருவாகிவந்த இந்தியத் திரையுலகில், படத்தின் பின்னணி இசையைக் கதையோட்டத்துடன் பிணைத்து இசைக்கத் தெரிந்த முதல் இசையமைப்பாளர் நிச்சயமாக இளையராஜாதான். முள்ளும் மலரும் படத்தின் இறுதிக் காட்சியில் சூழல் காரணமாக விரிசல் கண்டு நிற்கும் அண்ணனுக்கும் தங்கைக்கும் இடையிலான பந்தத்தை, பின்னணியில் ஒலிக்கும் ஒரு தாள இசை இசை மூலம் சேர்த்து வைக்கும் ஆற்றல் வாய்ந்த இசையைத் தந்தவர். நெஞ்சத்தைக் கிள்ளாதே, மவுனராகம், ஜானி, தளபதி, பாரதி என்று ராஜாவின் பின்னணி இசை உச்சம் தொட்ட திரைப்படங்கள் எண்ணிக்கையில் ஐநூறுக்குக் குறையாது. திரை ரசிகர்களுக்கு இது புதிதான செய்தியும் அல்ல.

சில வருட இடைவெளிக்குப் பின்னர், பின்னணி இசைக்கு முக்கியத்துவம் தரும் ஒரு முக்கியமான படமாக ராஜாவுக்கு அமைந்திருக்கிறது ஓநாயும் ஆட்டுக்குட்டியும். சாலையில் கவனிப்பாரின்றி விழுந்து கிடக்கும் காயம்பட்ட மனிதனைக் காட்டும்போது பரிவுடன் வருடும் வயலின், இரக்கமுள்ள இளைஞன் அம்மனிதனை பைக்கில் ஏற்றி, அந்த இருள் சாலையில் விரையும்போது தீவிரமாக இசைக்கிறது. படத்தின் பல காட்சிகளில் ராஜாவின் முதன்மை இசைக்கருவிகளான வயலினும், செல்லோவும் உருகி உருகி இசைக்கின்றன.

கதையின் முடிச்சு என்ன, ஓநாய் மீது ஏன் பார்வையாளன் பரிவுகாட்ட வேண்டும் என்பது கடைசியில்தான் தெரியவருகிறது. அதுவரை, உறக்கம் கலையாத கண்களுடன் வீட்டுக்கு வெளியே நிகழ்ந்த விபத்தைப் பார்வையிடும் சிறுவன் போலவே, மங்கலான பார்வையுடன் பார்வையாளர் கவனித்துக்கொண்டிருக்கிறார். முடிச்சு அவிழும்வரை மர்மத்தைத் தக்கவைப்பது தனித்திறமை. அது மிஷ்கினுக்குக் கூடியிருக்கிறது. படத்தின் பல காட்சிகளில் மஞ்சளும் கருப்பும் கலந்த அசையும் ஓவியங்களாகச் செதுக்கியிருக்கிறார்கள் படக்குழுவினர். அத்தனை காட்சிகளையும் உள்வாங்கி அமைதியான கணங்களில் மவுனம் காத்து, தேவையான காட்சிகளில் மட்டும் உணர்வை மீட்டும் இசையை இழையோட விட்டிருக்கிறார் ராஜா. பார்வையற்ற குழந்தையிடம் மிஷ்கின் கதை சொல்லும் காட்சியில் வயலினை வலிந்து அறுத்துக் கண்ணீரை வரவழைக்க முயலவில்லை. மாறாக அவ்வப்போது விம்மி, கடைசியில் தாளாமல் பீறிடும் துக்கத்தை இசையால் மொழிபெயர்த்திருக்கிறார் ராஜா.

படத்தின் பின்னணி இசைக் கோவையைத் தனது இணையதளத்தில் இலவசமாகவே பதிவேற்றம் செய்திருக்கிறார் மிஷ்கின். படத்தின் பெயர்ப் பட்டியலில் நடிகர்கள் விலங்குகளாகவே குறிக்கப்படுகின்றனர். பார்வையாளர்கள் வனத்தின் இலைகளாக. கானகத்தின் உயிர் சந்தேகமில்லாமல் இளையராஜாதான்.

தமிழ் சினிமாவுக்கும் இளையராஜாவுக்கும் இது போன்ற சந்தர்ப்பங்கள் அடிக்கடி அமைய வேண்டும்.

படத்தின் பின்னணி இசை ட்ராக்குகளை ஒரு சி.டி.யாகவே வெளியிட்டிருக்கிறார் மிஷ்கின். அதுவும் இலவசமாக. படத்தின் கதையை எழுதியவுடன் அதை இசையால் மொழிபெயர்க்க இந்தியாவில் ஒருவர்தான் உண்டு என்ற முடிவுடன் ராஜாவை சந்திக்கச் சென்றதாகவும், தன் மேல் கோபமாக இருந்த இளையராஜா முதலில் படத்துக்கு இசையமைக்க மறுத்ததாகவும் கூறியுள்ளார் மிஷ்கின்.கதையைக் கேட்டவுடன் இசையமைக்க சம்மதித்தாராம் இளையராஜா. மிகச் சிறப்பாக உருவாகியுள்ள பின்னணி இசை அனைவருக்கும் சென்று சேர வேண்டும் என்பதற்காகவே 10,000 சி.டி.களைத் தயாரித்திருக்கிறார். வேண்டும் என்று கேட்கும் இசை ரசிகர்களுக்கு சி.டி. இலவசமாகவே அனுப்பி வைக்கப்படுகிறது. தமிழ் சினிமாவில் இது வரவேற்கத்தக்க நல்ல முயற்சி.

baroque
5th October 2013, 10:44 PM
:clap: Vinatha

Joannepx
7th October 2013, 04:04 AM
This was posted in Ilayaraja(Indian maestro) face book page.

இந்த படம் எழுதின உடனே, ”பாடல்கள் வைப்பதற்கு இடம் இல்லை. Heroine இல்லை. So .. Duet இல்லை. .. Love’ம் கிடையாது”. இதெல்லாம் இல்லை என்று தெரிந்தபிறகு இன்னும் யோசித்தால்.. படத்தில் 90% Dialogue இல்லை. படம் Silent’ஆ ஓடிக்கொண்டே இருக்கும் ஒரு Action படம். Deep Emotions நிறைந்த படம். இதை யார் ஒரு Deeper Music Sensibility’யுடன் Handle பண்ண முடியும் என்று யோசித்தபோது இந்தியாவிலேயே ஒரே ஆள் இளையராஜா மட்டும்தான். இது அவரை உயர்த்திப் பேச வேண்டும் என்பதற்காக இல்லை. இதுதான் Fact.. எனக்குத் தெரியும்.

So.. நேராக அவரிடம் சென்றேன். அவர் வழக்கம்போல பயங்கரமாக என்னைத் திட்டினார். ‘என்ன இது..? பாடல்களே இல்லாமல் எதற்கு நீ வந்தாய்?” என்று கேட்டார். “இல்லப்பா.. நீங்க கதை கேளுங்க” என்றேன். கதை கேட்ட உடனே, ‘என்னடா இது? இப்படிச் செய்திருக்கிறாய்” என்றார். நான் அவரிடம், ‘இல்லப்பா.. நீங்கதான் பண்ண முடியும்” என்றேன். அதேபோல Double Positive முடிந்து அவரிடம் காட்டியபொழுது அவர் இதைத்தான் கூறினார்.. “நிறைய வேலை கொடுத்திருக்க நீ.. நான் எப்டி பண்ணப்போறேன்? எனக்கு Time’ஏ இல்லை” என்றார். ‘இல்லப்பா.. நீங்கதான் பண்ணனும்’ என்றேன். அவர் செய்து முடித்ததும் பார்த்தால்.. I was Shattered… அப்படி ஒரு Sweet Shock எனக்கு. ”இந்த மாமேதையைத் தவிர வேறு யாரால் இப்படிச் செய்திருக்க முடியும்” என்று யோசித்து.. I touched his feet. ‘ரொம்ப thanks’ப்பா’ என்றேன். ‘இல்லடா.. இன்னும் நான் நிறைய Justice பண்ணிருக்கணும்னு ஆசைப்படுறேன். அடுத்த படம் பண்ணும்போது எனக்கு நிறைய Space and Time கொடு’ என்றார். அவருக்கு சம்பளமே மிகக் கம்மியாகத்தான் கொடுத்தேன். ஆனால் அந்த இசையைக் கேட்கக் கேட்க.. I wanted to dedicate that to all the fans of Ilayaraja… as well as Music Lovers. Tracks எல்லாம் எடுத்து Net’ல் எல்லோருக்கும் Free’யாகக் கொடுத்தேன். It has now become a huge news. இப்போது அதன் Original Soundtrack’ஐ எல்லோரும் கேட்கிறார்கள். எனவே ஒரு 10,000 CDs நானே போட்டு.. I’m going to give them to people who ever want that. இது கொஞ்சம் Expensiveதான். ஆனால் இதுதான் ஒரு Greatest Musician’க்கு நான் செலுத்தும் மரியாதை.

இளையராஜா இல்லாமல் என்னால் Cinema’வுக்கு வந்திருக்க முடியாது. அவர் பாடல்கள்தான் என்னை சினிமாவை ரசிக்க வைத்தன. Cinema என்பது ஒரு Exotic ஆன மொழி என்பது எனக்குத் தெரிந்ததே இளையராஜாவால்தான். Whenever I go to Ilayaraja.. that’s going to be a great film or gud film. அது ஓடுதோ ஓடவில்லையோ அதைப் பற்றி எனக்குக் கவலையில்லை. My Father is always there to take care of me. He will always be giving me great wonderful Music. நான் ராத்திரி பன்னிரண்டு மணிக்குக் கூட அவர் வீட்டுக்குச் சென்று அவரைத் தட்டி எழுப்பலாம். அந்த அளவுக்கு அவரிடம் எனக்கு உரிமை உண்டு. இது என் வாழ்க்கையில் எனக்குக் கிடைத்த மிகப்பெரிய Blessing" - Director Myshkin

krish244
7th October 2013, 11:21 AM
Some news bit about EMSum Penkuttiyum movie. Not sure when was the last update on this movie came on the net.

http://english.manoramaonline.com/cgi-bin/MMOnline.dll/portal/ep/contentView.do?contentId=15160135&tabId=1&programId=11565555&channelId=-1073865026

"...The plot revolves around a Sri Lankan Tamil girl who goes abroad and lives through the turmoil of sectarian strife back home...And maestro Ilayaraja has composed the music for the melodious songs of the movie..."

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
17th October 2013, 11:55 AM
IR's new movie "Oru oorla" with new faces:

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/ilayaraja-composes-new-movie-oru-oorla-185485.html

thanks,

Krishnan

irir123
23rd October 2013, 04:00 AM
NEETHANE EN PONVASANTHAM glorifyingly reviewed by Allaboutjazz.com !

http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/article.php?id=45539#.Umb7Q1MuegR

IR's output is considered and compared with those of Pat Metheny's work with pianist Lyle Mays, the classic Gil Evans, Oliver Nelson instrumentation,
and the tempo of Tom Petty !!

raaga_kann
30th October 2013, 09:41 AM
VIJAY TV - OA will be premiered on Diwali day. Gong to be a Real Diwali blast...! DO NOT MISS...

Kimrep
30th October 2013, 07:16 PM
VIJAY TV - OA will be premiered on Diwali day. Gong to be a Real Diwali blast...! DO NOT MISS...

As awesome as this is, does it mean the movie was a dud in the box office for it to be on TV this early? or is this just the norm now a days?

raaga_kann
31st October 2013, 09:31 AM
As awesome as this is, does it mean the movie was a dud in the box office for it to be on TV this early? or is this just the norm now a days?

Reason can be a mix of both... In today's scenario, you cannot expect a neat film without Kuthu/Katthu songs, hero-heroine, comedy, etc run to packed houses. Even Myskin would never have expected this film to be a commercial hit.. Luckily for us, film rights are being brought by Television channels well before the release of the film.. Lets forget these aspects and enjoy....

thumburu
31st October 2013, 08:28 PM
raaga_kann, thank you for this info. Could you please tell us what time is the movie OnAiyum... telecast in Vijay TV? Thanks once again.

K
2nd November 2013, 06:11 AM
11 am IST Wolf and Lamb @ StarVijay Channel

rooky
3rd November 2013, 08:47 AM

Less than 2 weeks old "Vanakkam chennai" was shown in SUN TV yesterday night @12..without any notice. how about this?

Dragun
14th November 2013, 11:56 AM
Thalaimuraigal teaser (directed by Balu Mahendra):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU-6WOPAytE

Incredible!

krish244
19th November 2013, 05:17 PM
IR to compose for Balki's next (starring Amitabh and Dhanush). The film is set to go on floors in 2014!

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/after--raanjhanaa--dhanush-signs-second-hindi-film-opposite-amitabh-bachchan/1196861/

"....An excited Dhanush tweeted: "Yes guys,my next Hindi film is with Balki sir. Very excited and eagerly looking forward to it :) thanks for all your wishes."

This time around Dhanush will share screen space with Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bahchcan.

Dhanush, who was last seen on screen in Tamil film 'Mariyaan', further revealed: "Privileged to share screen space with Big B himself.Ecstatic 2 be part of Raja Sir's musical again. Finally, a chance to work with P.C sir !" ..."

thanks,

Krishnan

thumburu
21st November 2013, 09:13 PM
What a sweet news !!! krish244 :ty:

krish244
22nd November 2013, 06:50 PM
What a sweet news !!! krish244 :ty:

True. Only thing is, movie is scheduled to release by end of 2014, which means, it will be a long time to get a glimpse of music! Lets see.

thanks,

Krishnan

JamesDap
23rd November 2013, 12:55 PM
Will Balki finally let IR render originals? I understand he wants to introduce IR classics to Hindi audience but I frankly haven't seen much interest for Cheeni Kum or Pa songs on the radio. His movies are more 'multiplex' oriented and not youth centric so he might as well give IR fans the pleasure of listening to new compositions.

irir123
24th November 2013, 02:26 AM
one has got to be a kind of an artistic/aesthetic sadist NOT to insist on fresh/new tunes/music from IR!

Balki maybe his great fan, but a gyaana soonyam as far as using his talent/genius

andha aalu yevvalavu interviewsla thalaila adichhikkaadha kuraiyyaa 'everyone asks me for a tune like my old tunes - its stifling my creativity' nnu solraaru ?

adhellaam ivingalukku uraikkavey uraikkaadhaa ?

JamesDap
24th November 2013, 09:58 AM
one has got to be a kind of an artistic/aesthetic sadist NOT to insist on fresh/new tunes/music from IR!

Exactly. And though Balki insists he knows IR can still reel off great originals, the ultimate effect of this Cheeni Kum business is to project IR as a retro-cult figure, which he is not.

krish244
9th December 2013, 10:21 PM
IR's new trilingual movie "Yuddabhumiyalli Ondu Hoovu" based on a real life incident:

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/kannada/article/100878.html

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
14th December 2013, 08:11 PM
"Oru Oorla" music released:

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/ilayaraaja-invites-debutant-directors-189531.html

thanks,

Krishnan

Hulkster
23rd December 2013, 08:23 PM
"Oru Oorla" music released:

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/ilayaraaja-invites-debutant-directors-189531.html

thanks,

Krishnan

Thanks Krish! The songs have the expected rustic flavour but there are three surprises in the soundtrack.

Ippadiyum oruthan ondu's rhythm is very catchy and different from the usual style thalaivar employs for folk songs.

Thedi ennai kaanave has a very strong "lost-my-love" feel all over it. He has done many variations of these type of songs but the tune together with intentional usage of minimal instrumentation and the harp gives the song such a strong edge.

Vanathil is what you call heaven-in-a-song. The usage of harp and piano is so divine here that you instantly feel the bliss. The lyrics and situation indicate a blissful relationship which is pure and the instruments and melody exemplify it to a T.

The usage of harp in most of the songs and the general feel indicates that this movie has a deep focus on "pure" relationships. Looks promising!

apewenodurug
28th December 2013, 10:28 PM
A request - Could someone who resides outside India please let me know how to buy "Oru Oorla" and "Thalaimuraigal" songs? I acquired Megha and other recent albums from iTunes and amazon digital, but no such luck with these albums. Thanks in advance.

Hulkster
1st January 2014, 08:52 AM
A request - Could someone who resides outside India please let me know how to buy "Oru Oorla" and "Thalaimuraigal" songs? I acquired Megha and other recent albums from iTunes and amazon digital, but no such luck with these albums. Thanks in advance.

Thalaimuraigal has no songs, only background score. Oru Oorla i am not so sure but you can try agimusic.

apewenodurug
1st January 2014, 09:34 AM
Thank you very much Hulkster for your response! Happy new year to all!

Hulkster
1st January 2014, 07:47 PM
No problemo! Happy New Year :D

krish244
15th January 2014, 07:08 PM
IR has been roped in for the remake of "Kaksparsh", a marathi movie, in Hindi and Tamil. I think, Mahesh manjrekar is directing it.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/marathi/movies/news-interviews/Mahesh-Manjrekar-to-remake-Kaksparsh-in-Hindi-and-Tamil-with-Arvind-Swamy-and-Tisca-Chopra/articleshow/28789072.cms

"...Illayaraja has been roped in for the project and the film will go on floors on January 16...the film is a love saga set in the 1930-1950s in Konkan. It revolves around the turbulence faced by a Brahmin family when their young widowed daughter-in-law falls in love with her older brother-in-law..."

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
18th January 2014, 09:15 AM
Review of "Touring Talkies":

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/touring-talkies-film-review-671695

"...The songs on the soundtrack, not performed by the actors but simply accompanying the images, are a dime a dozen. However, the score by veteran composer Ilayaraja, another Jai Hind alumnus, cleverly plays on the film’s tradition-versus-modernity theme..."

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
19th January 2014, 10:26 AM
Came across this. Is this another song composed by IR with english lyrics for "Touring Talkies". Probably sung by hungarian musicians. Simple and nice backgrounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX5FM2Fq9CE

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
24th February 2014, 06:05 PM
Audio of "Un Samayal Araiyil" may release by end of March.

http://www.thehindu.com/features/metroplus/shotcuts-back-after-a-long-hiatus/article5722516.ece

thanks,

Krishnan

P.S.: The last post to this thread was on Jan 18th. WOW! Hey...how are you all doing?

RR
25th February 2014, 08:58 PM
முள்ளும் மலரும், ஜானி, நெஞ்சத்தைக் கிள்ளாதே, உதிரிப்பூக்கள் என தமிழ்சினிமா ரசிகர்களை இன்றைக்கும் திரும்பி பார்க்க வைத்தவர் டைரக்டர் மகேந்திரன். அவரும், இளையராஜாவும் இணைந்த எல்லாப் படங்களுமே தனித்துவம் பெற்றவை.

அப்படிப்பட்ட இந்த இரண்டு பிரபலங்களும் பல ஆண்டு இடைவெளிக்குப் பிறகு மீண்டும் ஒரு புதிய படத்தில் இணைகிறார்கள். அந்தப் படத்தின் அறிமுக விழா இன்று சென்னை பிரசாத் ஸ்டுடியோவில் நடந்தது.

நிகழ்ச்சியில் இசைஞானி இளையராஜாவும் டைரக்டர் மகேந்திரனும் பங்கேற்றனர். இன்னும் டைட்டில் வைக்கப்படாத இந்தப்படத்தைப் பற்றி டைரக்டர் மகேந்திரன் பேசியதாவது,

“நீண்ட இடைவெளிக்குப் பிறகு இந்தப் படம் பண்ணுகிறேன். புதுமைப்பித்தன் எழுதிய ஒரு கதையை மையப்படுத்திதான் இந்தப் படத்தை உருவாக்குகிறேன்.

இந்த இடைப்பட்ட நாட்களில் எனக்கு நிறைய பட வாய்ப்புகள் வந்தன. ஆனால் எனக்கே உரிய சில கிறுக்குத்தனங்களை சமரசம் செய்து கொள்ள முடியாததால் அவற்றை நான் ஒப்புக் கொள்ளவில்லை. இந்தப் படம் ஒரு குடும்பத்துக்குள் நடக்கும் கதை. நீங்கள் எல்லாம் அறிந்த கதை தான்.

இந்தப் படத்துக்கு இன்னும் டைட்டில் வைக்கவில்லை. என் படங்கள் சிலவற்றுக்கு இளையராஜாதான் டைட்டில் வைத்தார். உதிரிப் பூக்கள் என்ற டைட்டிலையே அவர்தான் வைத்தார். அதேபோல இந்தப்படத்துக்கும் அவர்தான் டைட்டில் வைப்பார்.

என் படங்களில் பெரும்பாலான வசனங்களை நான் எழுதவில்லை. இளையராஜாதான் எழுதியிருப்பார். நான் இப்படிச் சொன்னதும் உங்களுக்கு குழப்பமாக இருக்கும். அது வேறொன்றுமில்லை, நான் எடுத்த பெரும்பாலான காட்சிகள் மெளனமாகத்தான் இருக்கும். அந்த காட்சிகளுக்கெல்லாம் தன் பின்னணி இசையால் அர்த்தமுள்ள வசனங்கள் எழுதியவர் இளையராஜாதான். அதனால் தான் அப்படிச் சொன்னேன். அவர் இல்லாமல் என் படங்கள் எப்போதுமே இல்லை,” என்றார் மகேந்திரன்.

krish244
27th February 2014, 12:05 PM
The trilingual movie "Un samayal Araiyil" will have different (different tunes, I guess) songs for each language:

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/ilaiyaraaja-s-music-the-highlight-un-samayal-arayil-194437.html

thanks,

Krishnan

sivasub
1st March 2014, 05:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idRt2-KckAA

any idea which movie are they talking about here?

krish244
1st March 2014, 09:06 PM
Sivasub, it must be for the remake of marathi movie "Kaksparsh" in Hindi and Tamil. I had posted the news that IR is composing for this movie sometime back.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/marathi/movies/news-interviews/Mahesh-Manjrekar-to-remake-Kaksparsh-in-Hindi-and-Tamil-with-Arvind-Swamy-and-Tisca-Chopra/articleshow/28789072.cms

thanks,

Krishnan

rajaramsgi
1st March 2014, 10:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmrID4GBB8w

krish244
3rd March 2014, 11:03 AM
This news says IR may be part of Drishyam (Malayalam movie) remake in Tamil (*ing Kamal in lead role). The news is not yet confirmed.

http://www.galatta.com/tamil/news/ilaiyaraaja-in-drishyam-remake/76464/

The movie (Drishyam) is a drama-thriller (from Wiki) movie it seems. Very interesting plot.

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
7th March 2014, 12:08 PM
IR is scoring music for a new bilingual tamil/kannada movie.

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/kannada/news/2014/jogi-prem-romance-shriya-saran-in-tamil-debut-133464.html

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
17th March 2014, 10:59 AM
IR has been signed for up a new telugu film.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tamil/movies/news-interviews/Amala-goes-back-to-Telugu/articleshow/32136117.cms

From the below link, it appears that the movie is titled "Vastha Nee Venuka".

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/telugu/movies/news-interviews/Amala-Paul-to-romance-Havish-in-Vastha-Nee-Venuka/articleshow/32088962.cms

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
18th March 2014, 11:22 AM
It seems Bala's Karagattam is IR's 1000th movie. A great milestone indeeed. Feel very proud. Congratulations to IR!

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/bala-s-karagattam-is-ilayaraaja-s-1000th-movie-195802.html

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
18th March 2014, 12:37 PM
Galatta site says, Karagaattam is IR's 1001st movie! Not sure who is right.

http://www.galatta.com/tamil/news/balas-upcoming-film-is-ilaiyaraajas-1001st/76887/

thanks,

Krishnan

RR
18th March 2014, 08:06 PM
Wow.. that's a great milestone! Can we expect something special..

Russellyhd
19th March 2014, 01:51 PM
http://www.tamilcinema24.com/photo-galleries/celebrity-tweets-today-276/images/celebrity-tweets-today-27605.jpg

RR
20th March 2014, 09:57 PM
Karagattam becomes Thaarai thappattai

Film-maker Bala’s upcoming film has been titled as Thaarai Thappattai. The film was earlier titled as Karakaattam but Bala being what he is, didn’t like his film’s name resembling another film’s name and has gone for a change of title. The film would also be Ilaiyaraaja’s 1000th film in an illustrious career which spans over 38 years.

Sasikumar and Varalakshmi Sarathkumar have been paired as on-screen pair in this film which reportedly has the ancient folk dance form of ‘Karakaattam’ as its central theme. Sasikumar plays a Nadaswara artiste while Varalakshmi plays a Karakaattam dancer. The film has already raised huge expectations as it’s the landmark 1000th film for Ilaiyaraaja who has achieved everything and more in his amazing career.

The Maestro is said to have composed 12 songs for the film. In order to infuse a feeling of nativity in the songs, Ilaiyaraaja reportedly brought number of real life Nadaswaram and Thavil artistes to his Prasad Labs in the city during the compsing sessions. Bala, who had been mourning the demise of his mentor and film-maker Balumahendra who passed away a few weeks back, is back to work with Thaarai Thappattai.

Sasikumar would be seen sans his trademark beard for his role in the film. After shaving off his beard, Sasi had gone in for a fifties-like moustache which looks pencil-thin. Taking his role seriously, Sasi has also been undergoing training from some real-life Nadaswaram artistes.

----

Sounds familiar?! Think Sikkal Shanmugasundaram.. :-D

krish244
26th March 2014, 12:19 PM
Prakash Raj tweets https://twitter.com/prakashraaj

USA/UB/O audio release:

Kannada: 29th March
Telugu: 31st March
Tamil: 8th April

thanks,

Krishnan

k_vanan
26th March 2014, 06:30 PM
Wooow... Very fresh & nice song from raja sir... Waiting for audio

http://youtu.be/WtQKzBZrilI

raaga_kann
28th March 2014, 12:13 AM
Raaja is scoring for one more bilingual as per the news in TOI dated 25-Mar-14

"Sandalwood director-actor Prem is venturing into Tamil cinema. Prem has been signed up to star in a Kannada-Tamil bilingual, which will be directed by debutant Srinivas. Tentatively called Bumbolenath, the film will be launched officially on April 24. Incidentally, will bring back popular music composed Ilaiyaraaja to Kannada cinema.
According to a source from the film's team, the music man has already started composing the soundtrack, which will have five numbers....."

krish244
28th March 2014, 01:34 PM
The below link says Bala's movie is titled "Getti Melam". Not sure how far it is true.

http://www.4tamilmedia.com/cinema/cinenews/21739-prakash-raj-moved-to-tears-by-ilaiyaraaja-s-music

It seems, Prakash Raj was moved to tears after hearing a song from Bala's movie and fell at IR's feat.

Un Samayil araiyl is 1001st movie for IR.

thanks,

Krishnan

mappi
29th March 2014, 08:38 PM
Include this to the list please, hope the film titled "Happi" releases this year :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFqUXRWDp14

sivasub
31st March 2014, 11:05 AM
Ulavacharu biryani audio getting released today...

http://www.indiaglitz.com/ulavacharu-biryani-audio-launch-tomorrow-telugu-news-105473

inetk
31st March 2014, 03:39 PM
The jukebox of the Kannada version of the film, Oggarane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvC4pqWUI-0

SVN
31st March 2014, 03:48 PM
In the latest sleeper hit film, "Cuckoo", I heard that the visually challenged hero only sings Ilaiyaraja songs. Has anyone seen the movie? I am curious to know if the MD Santhosh Narayanan given it a fresh treatment or has he done work similar to that of J. Vasanthan in Subramaniapuram, which had complete songs of IR in many sequences?

raja_fan
31st March 2014, 05:16 PM
Gaaliyaa gives a feel of "Badli ye hawaa" from Shiva..
The first song gives a feel of recent Malayalam hits of IR..

inetk
31st March 2014, 07:31 PM
And the Telugu version, Uluvacharu Biriyani, just released a few minutes ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzC8FBWAGr4

krish244
31st March 2014, 07:54 PM
Thanks Karthik for the Kannada version! Heard only bits and pieces. Happened to listen to "Manadi belakaayite" almost completely. Charanam tune is pleasing. However,what stunned me was the second interlude (electric guitar!) of this song. What a sound! Need to listen to the songs in better headphones! Kailash kher song somehow hinted me of "Oranjaram" (from Parthiban movie). Similar raaga? Not sure.

Mappi, is there any fresh news that this movie is releasing this year? What an idea to put "this winter" in trailer! It is applicable for any year :). I am really curious about this movie and IR's BGM and songs. Bad that it is not yet released :(

thanks,

Krishnan

mappi
31st March 2014, 09:48 PM
In the latest sleeper hit film, "Cuckoo", I heard that the visually challenged hero only sings Ilaiyaraja songs. Has anyone seen the movie? I am curious to know if the MD Santhosh Narayanan given it a fresh treatment or has he done work similar to that of J. Vasanthan in Subramaniapuram, which had complete songs of IR in many sequences?

In the movie Cuckoo, Thamizh, played by Dinesh, is a visually impaired, who is a part of a band that sings & entertains people gathered for an occassion, be it marriage or social gathering. Thamizh is famous, as his voice resembles a lot with IR's and he goes by the name "Junior IR" in the band and amoung the crowd. The audiences go wild when he is on stage attempting a famous IR song. IR songs used are not tampered with and thanks to Santosh Narayanan to have re-recorded them without loosing the classic-cult sounds. The songs those which cross in the movie are :

Antha Nilava thaan Kaiyula Pudichen
Peen Manasu Azhaminu
Athadi Pavada Kathada
Idhayam oru Koil

Even the Song Lyrics, from my favorite song of the album "Potta Pulla" mentions IR :

Ethanayo mettugalil Ilayaraja yennai thottathupol thottuvittal Azhagu Roja

Here is the review of the Film : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?9870-Film-Documentary-Recently-watched-amp-worthy-of-some-discussion&p=1122580&viewfull=1#post1122580

Here is a take on the Songs & its compositor Santosh Narayanan : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?9923-Song-of-the-Open-Road-(Latest-song-heard-Part-10)&p=1114800&viewfull=1#post1114800

mappi
31st March 2014, 09:51 PM
Mappi, is there any fresh news that this movie is releasing this year? What an idea to put "this winter" in trailer! It is applicable for any year :). I am really curious about this movie and IR's BGM and songs. Bad that it is not yet released :(

Happi (hindi title : Awasthi) by Bhavna Talwar (2007 National Award winner for her work 'Dharm' which was also screened at Cannes 2007), Happi went on floors around 2010, and the real shooting supposedly started happening somewhere then, targetting a 2011 release. But nothing was talked about of the film and it again surfaced with a teaser (that you saw) early 2012. Its very difficult to follow this movie as there is no updates from the production house and I hope they release it this summer.

Actually IR had scored the BGM with 20 Chennai based violinists and 4 Budapest artists who handled the wind instruments. There are 4 songs and if I follow correctly those are the only words in the movie, as basically its a Silent B/w film. The music style is Western Classical Film Music of 60s & 70s - Bhavna Talwar says "Raja sir has done a fantastic interpretation of that music (sounds) with/in a modern context."

Trailer Music Composition : Note the opening of the song, it starts exactly like "Putham Puthu Kalai".

RR
1st April 2014, 11:00 AM
First impressions on Oggarane

Galiya Mathali & Manadi Belagaayite are standard new age IR stuff.

Bareyada is a slow and serene composition, with less synth usage. Rather subdued song with some pleasing guitar interludes. (I'm curious to see the picturisation.)

That brings us to the best song of the album: 'e janumave'. Starts like 'Oranjaaram' (as Krish said) with almost identical beats, and Kailash kher enters with his not-so-soothing vocals. Not a very positive start, but be patient and listen thru the whole song. Both IR & him win you over eventually. The tune is definitely lovable with vintage IR flow and all. Looks like Kailash kher got enough freedom to improvise and he has made best use of it. Just see how he suddenly changes tune and ends the song. There are many such variations throughout the song. Top of this off with orchestration that is totally dynamic and keeps throwing surprises at you all thru..! This song is a winner for me. I have been humming it since yesterday. But don't go to this song expecting another 'mandram vandha thendralukku'. It has to be enjoyed differently.

venkkiram
2nd April 2014, 07:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNT_D3O4f6s

Ulavacharu Biryani பாடல் வெளியீட்டின்போது ராஜா பேசியது. ரொம்ப அழகாக, ஒரு பாடலை உள்வாங்கி வேறொரு பாடலைப் படைப்பதற்கும், ஒரு பாடலை அப்படியே நகலெடுப்பதற்கும் உள்ள வித்தியாசத்தை சொல்லியிருக்கிறார். இதே செய்தியை முன்னரே சிங்கப்பூரில் நடந்த இசைக் கச்சேரியும் சொல்லியிருகிக்கிறார்.

dochu
2nd April 2014, 08:31 PM
venkkiram'ji,
I was able to make out what he meant by imitation etc, but the last part on 2 songs in the movie he was referring to Prakash raj - couldn't understand. What is it, please?

thumburu
3rd April 2014, 12:07 AM
Thank you Karthik.S for the links.
Listened only to the telugu version. Preferred sundhara telungu to a hardu kannada.

Kailash kher’s unconventional voice lends a totally different hue , never heard before in IR’s music . Amazing how the choice of singers can influence even Raja’s wall. Loved the captivating second interludes . The duets are quite unimpressive and somehow give me an overpowering déjà vu feel of those contrived songs during 2006-2010 times with the weak synth pad rhythms. Raja can consider retiring Ramya. Even Sharath’s serene song could have got some expansive, vivid interludes as there is a good amount of scope. IR could have even axed those duets to give more space to Sharath number.

En janmame gives a retro feel and inadvertently I end up in “tere mere Milan ki ye raina” and “chinnan chiru kiLiyE parandhu vidaadhE”.

venkkiram
3rd April 2014, 06:43 PM
venkkiram'ji,
I was able to make out what he meant by imitation etc, but the last part on 2 songs in the movie he was referring to Prakash raj - couldn't understand. What is it, please?
Any telegu speaking friends here, please translate in English what Raja speaking. Thanks.

teja
4th April 2014, 07:06 AM
Dochu & Venkkiram,

Raja says "2 songs in this film are quite unique. There hasn't been an attempt like that before or won't be one in future". Then he adds 'who knows, similar songs might come up in future'.

Out of the 2 songs, one is definitely that Kailash Kher song (Ee janmame). Not sure what other one is. All 3 seem unique to me. May be "Teeyaga teeyaga".

Hulkster
5th April 2014, 08:27 AM
The 2 unique songs could be Ee janmame and Raayaleni Lekhane. Raayaleni Lekhane minus the tune is something i have rarely heard from thalaivar, especially the way he uses the guitar in the interlude and the postlude.

One thing i notice about this album is the instrumentation and the rhythm pattern. An example is the Teeyaga Teeyaga song where the rhythm (RnB?) that accompanies the song throughout is so different from the interludes which are western classical yet they somehow fit together.

The ludes of thelisee theliyandila are magnificent with the saxophone and electric guitar usage and the song's rhythm keeps on changing that it just keeps me glued to it. Somehow despite the tunes having a slight dejavu effect, the rhythm is so innovative that i cant just help listening to it again and again.

JamesDap
5th April 2014, 08:43 AM
The Kailash Kher track is superb. Not overwhelmed by the rest but all nice tracks.

uvowefiyas
6th April 2014, 08:58 PM
the whistle tune in one song is same as 2 note guitar tune of oh baby baby when shalini turns as vijay anticipates in kathakukku mariyadhai :-D

dochu
7th April 2014, 10:16 AM
thanks Teja,

I am not sure how Ee janmame is unique. As RR pointed out earlier, it resembles orangjaram usharaya....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM4kj6lG0zQ

RR
7th April 2014, 04:38 PM
Dochu,

If you listen carefully, except the prelude, the song is completely different from oranjaaram - be it raga, orchestration or texture. I am not even counting the vocal acrobatics of k.kher here.

dochu
7th April 2014, 08:17 PM
RR,
True. Even before I read this thread, and upon first listening, I came up with resemblance in Orancharam song. Although both are different, one cannot discount the little similarity that exists.

JamesDap
7th April 2014, 09:32 PM
You do realise that the use of the word 'unique' in music does not literally mean unique? As in, there are always bound to be influences, either of the composer's own works or of others, creeping in.

RR
8th April 2014, 10:52 AM
looks like the tamil version of 'ee janmave' will go like இந்த பொறப்பு தான்.. நல்லா ருசிச்சு சாப்பிட கிடைச்சது (indha porappu thaan nalla rusichu saappida kedaichathu).

Is the audio releasing today?

thumburu
8th April 2014, 04:58 PM
what ragam is "ee janmame"? while oranjaram is a rare Dhesh by Raja, what about "ee janmame"? Is it falling under khamaas or Harikambodhi types??

rajabhakthan
8th April 2014, 06:26 PM
To me ee janmame has a lot of thilang elements.

And yes, it sounds dangerously close to tere mere milan ki...

The resemblance to ornjaaram is limited to the rhythm/percussion, but that's it.

RR
8th April 2014, 08:44 PM
what ragam is "ee janmame"? while oranjaram is a rare Dhesh by Raja, what about "ee janmame"? Is it falling under khamaas or Harikambodhi types??
Harikambhoji is my best guess too.

I didn't notice the abhimaan song similarity until I checked it out today. Yes the lead tune does have some resemblance but janmame is of course richer and has more to it than the lead tune.

RR
10th April 2014, 01:53 PM
The audio of Un Samayal Araiyil the Tamil version of the tri-lingual directed by Prakash Raj will be released on April 14 which is the Tamil New Year day. It was earlier supposed to release on April 8 but it has been postponed probably for releasing it on a special occasion.

RR
12th April 2014, 10:29 PM
Tamil Soundtrack

All lyrics written by Palani Bharathi.

No. Title Singer(s) Length
1. "Intha Porapudhan" Kailash Kher 4:17
2. "Eeramai Eeramai" Vibhavari & Ranjith 5:29
3. "Therintho Theriyamalo" Karthik & Ramya NSK 4:55
4. "Kaatru Veliyil" Ilaiyaraaja 3:26

https://itunes.apple.com/in/album/samayal-arayil-original-motion/id860231964

krish244
12th April 2014, 11:05 PM
It was earlier stated that it will be different tunes (may be not all..) for all three version of the movie (USA). Looks like it is not to be.

thanks,

Krishnan

uvowefiyas
13th April 2014, 09:17 AM
It was earlier stated that it will be different tunes (may be not all..) for all three version of the movie (USA). Looks like it is not to be.

thanks,

Krishnan

thelisu theliyunda ..second interlude guitar echoes back but in:-D kannada version no echo back. apart from this only after repeat listening will know but didnt notice anything differing much

RR
14th April 2014, 12:38 PM
Audio launch video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPVHimhyrv8

IR says he got the inspiration for 'indha porappu thaan' in bathroom, which it seems the first time ever for him.

Prakash raj says he was shocked when IR wanted to do it as a qawwali. Also says 'eeramaai' is a unique composition.

Palani bharathi says he wrote 'kaatru veliyil' as a kavithai that IR naturally set to music as he was reading. PRaj says he couldn't think of anyone else for that song apart from IR.

sivasub
20th April 2014, 07:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDdguJf7z70&feature=youtu.be

Un Samayal Arayil background score

irir123
26th April 2014, 06:14 AM
"therindho theriyaamalo" is a winner - the first interlude has an amazing sax piece likes of which I have rarely heard in indian film music before

krish244
7th May 2014, 09:05 AM
Malayalam music composer Sharreth is singing for IR in the movie Tharai thappattai. It seems (as per the below site) he has already sung for IR in the movie ulavacharu biriyani / oggarane (the song "raayaleni lekhane/barayada"). I did wonder who was the singer as it was very nicely sung.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/-nbsp-nbsp-read-full-story-raquo--telugu-news-106968

thanks,
Krishnan

RR
9th May 2014, 09:01 PM
Krishnan,

Indeed 'rayaleni' is by the same Sharath. A sample of his singing talents:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvtiOUEdrQw

krish244
12th May 2014, 09:03 PM
Yes RR, I know he can sing well. In fact,I have seen this video. I was surprised because usually a composer singing for another composer (that too for IR) gets captured by media , but news that sharreth sang for IR in oggarane/ub came to be known only after he sang for TT.

BTW, sharreth has great admiration for IR's skill. Seen it in some asianet music reality shows.

Thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
19th May 2014, 02:21 PM
Looks like the music of the movie "Porkalathil oru poo" has been released on Sunday. The movie has five songs.

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/dont-impose-violence-music-ilayaraaja-201378.html

thanks,

Krishnan

RR
20th May 2014, 01:16 PM
இசைப்பிரியா வாழ்க்கை திரைப்படமாகிறது

இலங்கையில் விடுதலைப்புலிகள் நடத்திய டெலிவிஷனில் செய்தி வாசிப்பாளராக இருந்தவர் இசைப்பிரியா. ஈழத்தமிழர் விடுதலைக்கான எழுச்சி பாடல்களையும் பாடிவந்தார். இசைப்பிரியாவை இறுதிக் கட்ட போரில் சிங்கள ராணுவத்தினர் கொடூரமாக படுகொலை செய்தனர்.
அவரது வாழ்க்கை கதை ‘போர்க்களத்தில் ஒரு பூ’ என்ற பெயரில் படமாகிறது. இதில் இசைப்பிரியா வேடத்தில் பிரியா நடிக்கிறார். நாயகனாக பாலாஜி நடிக்கிறார். பிரபாகரன், சுமந்தனி, சுபாஷ் சந்திரபோஸ் உள்ளிட்டோரும் நடிக்கின்றனர். இப்படத்துக்கு இளையராஜா இசையமைக்கிறார். கதை, திரைக்கதை, வசனம், எழுதி கு.கணேசன் இயக்குகிறார்.

இசைப்பிரியாவின் வாழ்க்கை கதை நெஞ்சை உருக்கும் சம்பவங்களுடன் படமாகிறது என்றும் இப்படத்துக்கு இளையராஜாவின் இசை உயிர் கொடுத்துள்ளது என்றும் இயக்குனர் கணேசன் கூறினார். இப்படத்தின் பாடல்கள் நேற்று வெளியிடப்பட்டன. இதில் இளையராஜா, நடிகர்கள் நந்தா, விவேக், டைரக்டர் பேரரசு, ஜாகுவார் தங்கம் உள்ளிட்டோர் பங்கேற்றனர்.

krish244
24th May 2014, 10:05 AM
IR's new movie "Kidaa Possari Magudi". I could not understand what the title means. I understood only the word magudi. The title sounds more like a telugu title :)

http://www.indiaglitz.com/ilaiyarajas-music-for-a-film-on-post-marriage-love-tamil-news-107905

The movie stars mostly new comers.

thanks,

Krishnan

Shankar.P
24th May 2014, 10:39 AM
Hi Krish
கிடா the goat meant for sacrifice
பூசாரி temple priest
மகுடி snake charmer's music instrument
shankar

krish244
24th May 2014, 03:42 PM
Thanks Shankar. I just realized that after seeing the same news item in the below website. The above site said "Possari" :). Sometimes, wrong spelling can make one think that it is a new word or it appears to belong to another language :)

"Kidaa" and "poosari", I can sort of relate. How "magudi" is coming into picture? Wondering how the title is related to the theme of the movie. Nevertheless, interesting title.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tamil/music/Ilaiyaraaja-scores-for-Kidaa-Poosari-Magudi/articleshow/35547908.cms

thanks,

Krishnan

mappi
25th May 2014, 03:09 PM
If you permit me :
The clue is in the theme of the movie - Love after marriage.
The goat and the priest (I assume that he is the one who chops the goat's head off), they were never together for a long time and are often symbols of opposite poles. Not going into the couples main gendre to avoid unnecessary contervarsies :
One should be the goat (submitting) and the other should be priest (dominant). Now when these 2 strangers meet and get socially acquainted, here is where the magudi comes into play - the affection that blossoms in thier post marriage life plays a charm in their engaging relationship, which sways to the lovely, rythmic & enchanting Magudi Melody of Love.

K
26th May 2014, 07:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zqGA3RLEPQ&list=UUU0HngTIjhpdZYYJy0uGSTw

krish244
26th May 2014, 01:39 PM
Drishyaa (Kannada) trailer:

http://videos.oneindia.in/watch/91480/drishyaa-kannada-movie-official-trailer.html

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
30th May 2014, 11:17 AM
Balki's movie with Amitabh, Dhanush and Akshara Haasan is titled "Shamitabh"

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report-amitabh-bachchan-in-shamitabh-1992199

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
7th June 2014, 05:11 PM
Audio of kannada movie "Drishya" releasing on 8th June 2014.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/kannada/music/Drishya-audio-release-on-June-8/articleshow/36202580.cms

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
10th June 2014, 11:01 AM
There are just two songs in Drishya movie. The importance is more on BGM.

http://desimu6.com/2014/06/drishya-2014-kannada-movie-songs-download.html

Track listing:

Ondu Kathe Kelu - Vijay Prakash, Pooja, Manasi, Surumukhi
Devare Kelu - Sharreth

Decent sound track. "ondu kathe kelu", a family song with a nice tune (especially the charanam) and soothing orchestration. A soft Vijay prakash voice sounds different. The tune at "Namma kathayu sannadhe" kind of sounds familiar (also heard at 4:31 to 4:40)

"Devere kelu", a sad song nicely sung by Sharreth.

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
14th June 2014, 08:04 AM
Porkalathil oru poo song links:

http://indiamusiq.in/poorkkalathil-oru-poo-tamil-movie-mp3-songs-download/

Haven't heard the songs yet.

thanks,

Krishnan

dochu
14th June 2014, 07:35 PM
Porkalathil oru poo - honestly, not appealing for me. Seems like a template based song. IR used his standard mixture/template and churned out with some new sounds. For the powerful true story that the movie is about, I expected more unique and full of life in these songs. To me it seems like he did in a rush.

I am sure he is going to nail it in the BGM.

Either way, I respect the crew for doing this movie and bringing out the tragic story to people. RIP Isaipriya and the numerous souls who lost life.

Hulkster
15th June 2014, 07:21 PM
Porkalathil oru poo - honestly, not appealing for me. Seems like a template based song. IR used his standard mixture/template and churned out with some new sounds. For the powerful true story that the movie is about, I expected more unique and full of life in these songs. To me it seems like he did in a rush.

I am sure he is going to nail it in the BGM.

Either way, I respect the crew for doing this movie and bringing out the tragic story to people. RIP Isaipriya and the numerous souls who lost life.

You cant really blame him for the songs. As he has said before, the music that comes out from him depends on the situation he has been given with. For such a powerful topic, there should not even be duets mind you but probably for commercial reasons, they have woven romance into the tale. How well they have woven depends on the visualization.

But having said that, i strangely liked the songs. Besides the powerful ithu viduvaa and ethanai ethanai, unnai vittu and ennai thedi vanthu have very unique arrangements and of course all the songs have magnificent interludes. Ennai thedi vanthu has a electric guitar and veenai interlude which i love.

Does anyone notice that with un samaiyal araiyil, drishya and porkalathil oru poo, thalaivar is foreshadowing something big with his frequent usage of electric guitar and the new style of arrangements.

Hulkster
15th June 2014, 07:38 PM
There are just two songs in Drishya movie. The importance is more on BGM.

http://desimu6.com/2014/06/drishya-2014-kannada-movie-songs-download.html

Track listing:

Ondu Kathe Kelu - Vijay Prakash, Pooja, Manasi, Surumukhi
Devare Kelu - Sharreth

Decent sound track. "ondu kathe kelu", a family song with a nice tune (especially the charanam) and soothing orchestration. A soft Vijay prakash voice sounds different. The tune at "Namma kathayu sannadhe" kind of sounds familiar (also heard at 4:31 to 4:40)

"Devere kelu", a sad song nicely sung by Sharreth.

thanks,

Krishnan

That namma kathaye sannadhe is a tune from one of Karthik Raaja's old movies. It is a faster version of the "la la la la" chorus of intha siru pennai from naam iruvar namakku iruvar.

krish244
16th June 2014, 02:42 PM
Thanks Hulkster. Need to check that.

Amitabh is singing a song in the movie "Shamitabh". It seems Amitabh posted the below in blog:

http://movies.ndtv.com/bollywood/amitabh-bachchan-will-sing-to-ilaiyaraaja-s-tune-in-shamitabh-542304

"..."Oh and yes another session with Aadesh (Shrivastava) at his music studio last night did result in another song that I had to sing for Shamitabh. The finest quality of music from the genius of Ilaiyaraaja, the magician from Chennai," Big B posted on his blog on June 16.

Talking of the veteran composer Ilaiyaraaja, Big B added: "How many years have passed since his emergence and how till today his prominence continues. The veteran, the master, who nurtured some very special musicians."
..."

Aadesh was involved in remix of PAA movie's theme music as well. Wonder if this song is a remix of another song in the movie or an original version.

thanks,

Krishnan

RR
17th June 2014, 12:21 PM
இளையராஜா தற்போது தமிழ், தெலுங்கு, மலையாளம், கன்னடம், இந்தி என அனைத்து மொழிகளிலும் பிஸியாக இசையமைத்து வருகிறார். தமிழில் பாலா இயக்கும் தாரை தப்பட்டை, தெலுங்கில் குணசேகரன் இயக்கும் ருத்ரம்மா, கன்னடத்தில் பி. வாசு இயக்கும் த்ரிஷ்யம், மலையாளத்தில் பேரரசு இயக்கும் சாம்ராஜ்யம் 2, இந்தியில் ஷமிதாப் ஆகிய படங்கள் மிகுந்த எதிர்பார்ப்பை ஏற்படுத்தியுள்ளன.

From webduniya

Russellyhd
18th June 2014, 09:31 AM
Amitabh wrote in his blog "Oh and yes another session with Aadesh at his music studio last night did result in another song that I had to sing for ‘Shamitabh'...the finest quality of music from the genius of Ilayaraja, the magician from Chennai".

Talking about Ilaiayaraaja, Ambitabh wrote "How many years have passed since his emergence and how till today his prominence continues. The veteran, the master, who nurtured some very special musicians. In his orchestra team was a certain AR Rehman that played an instrument in an assemble. Ilaiyaraja, was asked to write a symphony for the London Philharmonic some years ago. He wrote it without actually hearing the sound of it. And when he went to the Albert Hall in London for the performance of it by the Philharmonic he heard his own written symphony for the first time, and broke down into tears ! He had not known the depth of his construct till then ".

:bow:

rooky
22nd June 2014, 12:25 PM
Two Kannada releases and looks like both movies are doing well. Drishya has rave reviews and may well be a bigger hit.

thumburu
23rd June 2014, 01:38 PM
hi rooky, could you please tell me the other Kannada movie of IR recently released?
Thanks.

rooky
23rd June 2014, 09:57 PM
It is the kannada version of un samyal arayil, Oggarane, which is called a HIT here (Unlike the tamil and telugu versions)

krish244
27th June 2014, 11:49 AM
IR's new telugu movie "Abbayitho Ammayi":

"...Apparently, the film is set in a college backdrop and Kristina will be seen in a glamorous role. . The film, titled Abbayitho Ammayi, is said to be a romantic entertainer. While Kristina will play the main lead, the search for the second female lead is on. Ilayaraja will be composing music. ..."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/telugu/movies/news-interviews/Kristina-Akheeva-to-romance-Revanth/articleshow/37256396.cms
thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
29th June 2014, 02:16 PM
Kind of OT. The image is of the camera (may be one of it..) used for shooting Rudhramadevi movie. The movie is supposed to be the first Indian movie to be a stereophonic 3D historical movie. I am kinda anxious to know how the music (especially songs) for this movie will sound like

http://www.cinejosh.com/gallereys/events/normal/rudhramadevi_test_shoot_stills_2411120513/rudhramadevi_test_shoot_stills_2411120513_03.jpg

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
12th August 2014, 11:22 AM
IR will be composing for S.A.Chandrasekaran's new movie.

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/ilaiyaraaja-compose-s-chandrasekaran-movie-208278.html

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
21st August 2014, 02:14 PM
IR doing the BGM for Megha in Dolby Atmos:

http://www.indiaglitz.com/ilayaraja-to-follow-harris-jayaraj-tamil-news-112374

http://www.dolby.com/us/en/technologies/dolby-atmos.html

Hope the movie does well

thanks,

Krishnan

Shankar.P
29th August 2014, 12:28 AM
Hi I found some striking similarities with James Newton Howard's 'WATERWORLD' end credit music and ARR's yengo pogutho vaanam of Kochadaiyaan. can any one clarify?

krish244
30th August 2014, 07:10 AM
Megha review:

http://www.newindianexpress.com/entertainment/tamil/Romantic-Crime-Thriller-Lacking-Clarity/2014/08/30/article2404648.ece

"..Illaiyaraja’s songs and background score are the film’s strength. At times, one does feel that the score overpowers the narration.."

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
30th August 2014, 08:19 PM
SAC's movie is titled " Touring Talkies". Interesting. The title is same as the Marathi movie for which IR scored the music. It seems the movie has three stories.

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/sa-chandrasekaran-ilaiyaraaja-join-hands-touring-talkies-209880.html

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
12th September 2014, 10:19 PM
Rudrammadevi to release in December. No news about audio. Hope audio releases sometime end of October or November.

http://truthdive.com/2014/09/09/rudhramadevi-to-release-in-december.html

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
19th September 2014, 08:49 PM
"Touring Talkies" marathi movie on youtube. Just listening to title music. Like the guitar usage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eqtWBe-x1g

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
11th November 2014, 01:46 PM
Looks like IR has agreed to score music for an animated movie titled "Punyakoti". The movie is in Sanskrit. It seems the movie will be crowd funded/animated.

http://www.mid-day.com/articles/mumbai-diary-tuesday-tales/15756179

Project website:

http://www.punyakoti.com/

From project website:

"...The movie will also feature a unique musical experiment by the legendary Indian composer, Sri. Ilaiyaraaja."

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
15th November 2014, 11:06 AM
"Touring Talkies" (Tamil) movie to have 7 songs. Vijay Anthony has sung a song. Is that actor Vivek?

"...Maestro Ilayaraja is scoring the music for this film and a recent press release from the team states that the composer has spent 10 days to lock the BGM in the second half and the album to carry 7 songs. Vijay Antony, Sharreth Vasudevan, Vivek, and Sathyan have crooned for Ilayaraja’s tunes and Sreekar Prasad has put the frames together."

thanks,

Krishnan

rajaramsgi
17th November 2014, 06:43 PM
"Touring Talkies" (Tamil) movie to have 7 songs. Vijay Anthony has sung a song. Is that actor Vivek?

Krishnan,

Does this tamil movie "Touring Talkies" has anything to do with the Marathi Film Touring Talkies, Raja sir scored music for this one as well. is it like a dubbed movie OR is it a completely new tamil movie? I saw some news about SA.Chandrasekar doing a tamil film with this name.

krish244
18th November 2014, 12:47 PM
Krishnan,

Does this tamil movie "Touring Talkies" has anything to do with the Marathi Film Touring Talkies, Raja sir scored music for this one as well. is it like a dubbed movie OR is it a completely new tamil movie? I saw some news about SA.Chandrasekar doing a tamil film with this name.

Rajaramsgi,

At least there are no references in any of the websites that this tamil movie is a remake or Marathi movie TT.
I don't know if the Marathi movie has two stories (as far as I know it is a single story), but SAC's tamil movie has got two stories. Strangely, the title is same and IR scored for Marathi movie as well.

BTW, the news item I posted is SAC's movie only. I just realized that I did not post the link to the news. Here it is:

http://tamil.webdunia.com/article/tamil-cinema-news-movie-film/vijay-antony-sings-in-ilaiyaraja-music-directed-by-sa-chandrasekar-114111600011_1.html

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
24th November 2014, 04:14 PM
IR is composing for Vijay Sethupathi's production venture titled "Merku Thodarchi Malai" featuring newcomers in the lead!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tamil/music/Isaignani-for-Vijay-Sethupathi/articleshow/45257048.cms

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
14th December 2014, 07:29 AM
More details on Swapnam (IR's dance based music). It seems there is a plan to release 8 songs as an album.

"..After hearing the script, he asked, 'What should I do?' We said, 'Can you give us at least three songs for this project' and he surprised us by saying, 'Why just three? I'll compose for the entire show'."

She adds, "This meeting took place in August and we needed the music by September because we were staging the production in December. He said that it would not be a problem and began work immediately. He gave us 16-18 pieces for the 90-minute production. He has explored classical Carnatic ragas, voice symphonies and violin symphonies. He is truly great. We are going to release eight of the songs, which are about six to eight minutes-long, as a music album."

Works of Kalidasa, Adi Shankara and Manikkavasagar, among others, have been set to music and singers from both Carnatic and film music worlds like Sudha Raghunathan, TV Gopalakrishnan, Abhishek Raghuram, Bharath Sundar and composer Sharreth have lent their voices. Musicians like AK Palanivel, Embar Kannan, Rajhesh Vaidya, Palghat Sreeram and Karthik Raja are also part of this project."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/Tamil/Music/Ilaiyaraaja-composes-for-a-dance-production/articleshow/45504475.cms

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
25th December 2014, 06:19 PM
Swapnam songs to be released by Pt.Shivkumar Sharma on 28th Dec:

http://www.thehindu.com/features/friday-review/dance/ilaiyaraaja-the-maestros-new-steps/article6724845.ece

http://www.thehindu.com/features/metroplus/on-a-collaborative-note/article6719395.ece

I am really curious to hear the songs.

BTW, an audio teaser of Shamitabh has been released. Not much of audio though in the teaser. Don't have the link now. Try searching for movie name in YouTube

thanks,

Krishnan

Joannepx
26th December 2014, 08:27 AM
Swappnam Teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niszn3v5PME

Joannepx
26th December 2014, 08:29 AM
Shamitabh Audio trailer. Not much of the audio teaser as Krish mentioned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtN1oHm3Vu8

krish244
26th December 2014, 10:16 AM
Thanks Sundar for the Swappnam link. Looking forward to the album.

Another youtube link for Shamitabh audio teaser (it is called poster....no idea why!). Again just a little prelude of "sa sa sa..." song at the end. There is some music in very low volume while Amitabh is talking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A97L4eu9SRM

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
27th December 2014, 07:46 AM
Only after going through the below link, realized that "audio" does not "only" mean "music" :) Even dialogues are "audio" :). It has been almost taken for granted that "audio" means only "music"!

"....We decided to give Bachchan's fans a piece of what they love most about him — his baritone..."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/Shamitabhs-unusual-audio-trailer-makes-an-impact/articleshow/45650199.cms

thanks,

Krishnan

Dragun
31st December 2014, 11:59 AM
"Piddly" song from Shamitabh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag5ZP6r5i5s

krish244
31st December 2014, 03:01 PM
Thanks Dragun! Nice song. I like it.

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
7th January 2015, 10:55 AM
SHAMITABH Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzJfGRrHlxY

I like the trumpets intro!

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
7th January 2015, 11:02 AM
Looks like RUDRAMADEVI is postponed to 2015 summer. Not sure when the audio will release.

http://www.andhrawishesh.com/home/movie-news/48247-yet-again-rudhramadevi-release-pushed.html

IndiaGlitz says Merku Thodarchi Maalai (MTM) is IR's 1001 movie. Not sure...I thought some other movie was IR's 1001 movie? Was it SAC's movie (Touring Talkies (TT)) or some other movie? Also mentions that audio will release immediately after IR's Thara Thappattai (also TT :) ) audio releases, which I think will be sometime soon.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/122472.html

thanks,

Krishnan

Joannepx
9th January 2015, 07:26 AM
t has been a long journey laced with sweet and bitter memories for Ilayaraja; The maestro who talks little and lets his music speak has earned zillion fans throughout the world. He has reached an impossible feat, a milestone in his career – i.e he had composed music for 1000 songs. On this occasion R. Balki, in whose three films so far — Cheeni Kum, Paa and Shamitabh — Ilayaraja has composed the music, plans an event on January 20 in Mumbai where the most prominent among those who have accompanied the music maestro on his 1000-film journey, will be invited to honour their ‘Raja Sir’.

From S. Janaki and P. Susheela who sang in Raja Sir’s first soundtrack Annakili to Big B, who has sung in Raja Sir’s latest Shamitabh,they will all be there.” Interestingly, Lata Mangeshkar has sung only one song for Ilayaraja, in Raj Kumar Santoshi’s film Lajja.

She is also expected to attend. Says Balki, “Yes, we’re planning something very special for Raja Sir on 20 January.”
http://www.action2cut.com/mega-felicitation-ilayaraja/

krish244
9th January 2015, 05:02 PM
Info about one of the song of "Shamitabh":

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/Ilaiyaraaja-has-composed-a-very-non-Bollywood-song-for-Shamitabh/articleshow/45819324.cms

"Ilaiyaraaja, the veteran music composer of the upcoming film Shamitabh, has included a special song in the movie's soundtrack that will pay tribute to the Indian film industry.

"For this film, Ilaiyaraaja sir has composed a very non Bollywood song which is a lyrical ballad on the quirks of the Indian film industry," confirms director R. Balki. "

I am thinking if audio will be released on Jan 20th.

thanks,

Krishnan

mappi
9th January 2015, 05:45 PM
?? Lyrical Ballad ??

What does that mean please ? Thanks.

sivasub
11th January 2015, 03:01 AM
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/Amitabh-Bachchan-I-want-to-learn-the-pianothe-sitar-and-the-sarod/articleshow/45833864.cms

Amitabh about IR....

sivasub
16th January 2015, 04:20 PM
Shamitabh songs on YouTube

http://youtu.be/bB8zxsHFUm0

K
17th January 2015, 01:25 AM
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2015/01/16/shamitabh-music-review-hindi-ilayaraja/