PDA

View Full Version : A.R.Rahman l Mani Rathnam l KADAL

Pages : [1] 2

baba88
4th February 2012, 02:53 AM
The official confirmation is finally here; Mani Rathnam has got everything ready and decided for his next project, a romantic bilingual in Tamil and Telugu. We have been hearing all kinds of reports about this for a few months now. While most of them were true, the title of the film was just decided. It is not Pookadai, as was widely speculated, Mani Rathnam has christened his 23rd film Kadal.

As reported throughout media circles for quite a while now, Karthik’s son Gautham will make his debut through this film. It will be a unique generation shift, with Mani Rathnam having delivered the evergreen Mounaragam with Karthik himself. Playing Gautham’s pair in the movie will be the rising heroine of the Soouth, Samantha. She is having quite a time both in Telugu and Tamil. Her film with Mahesh Babu, Dookudu, broke quite a few records while she has Neethane En Ponvasantham under Gautham Menon coming up for release.

However, the big casting news is the presence of Arjun. It will be interesting to see what plans Mani Rathnam has for this senior star in a romantic movie. And, the biggest surprise of all was the return of Aravind Swamy to the silver screen after quite a while. Quite rightly, it is under his mentor and we are sure that Mani Rathnam would not have called upon him without a good enough reason. Thambi Ramaiah too is being considered for an important role, it is reported.

Finally, there are the constants without which a Mani Rathnam film is never complete. Yes, A.R.Rahman will be scoring the music for Kadal and this will be the first occasion since Alai Paayudhe when Rahman and Rathnam are combining for a full fledged romantic flick; expect some magic. Rajeev Menon will handle the camera. The film will be produced by Mani Rathnam’s banner Madras Talkies.

VinodKumar's
4th February 2012, 03:45 AM
there are the constants without which a Mani Rathnam film is never complete.

:lol:

Mahen
4th February 2012, 10:57 AM
can expect a tamil album from thailavar this year :)

A.ANAND
19th February 2012, 07:49 PM
Mani makes use of Vairamuthu's poems

Work is going on in a fast track as far as Mani Ratnam's forthcoming film 'Kadal' is concerned. Two songs have already been recorded by A R Rahman and the director is gearing up to starting the first schedule of shooting soon.

Says Vairamuthu, "Mani Ratnam has handpicked two poems from my book Vairamuthu Kavidhaigal and asked Rahman to compose it as songs. I recently listened to both the numbers and they are stunning."

Claiming that one of the two numbers would occupy a place in 'Best 10 songs of the decade', the ace lyricist says, "I am happy that my poems have used by Mani Ratnam and they are beautifully given shape by Rahman."

Vairamuthu, who took a break from actively penning lyrics for films, adds: "That's because I had some personal commitments to honor. I have completed all of them in the last five years. Both my sons got married and I had built a house. Now I am back to penning lyrics in full swing."

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/telugu/article/78055.html

A.ANAND
4th March 2012, 01:07 PM
Arjun's get-ups in 'Kadal'

IndiaGlitz [Saturday, March 03, 2012]

Arjun is all thrilled. For he is appearing in three different get-ups in Mani Ratnam's forthcoming film 'Kadal'. "Mani sir has finalised two looks and is currently working on the third one," says the 'Action King'.

"Though I received an opportunity to work with him only after completing 150 films, I should say he has given me a satisfying role. And no, I am not supposed to say anything beyond this," says Arjun.

The actor, who is quick to add that there were no such restrictions from Mani Ratnam not to speak to anyone about his character in 'Kadal', adds: "But it will be no right on my part to reveal about the film. Mani sir should talk about it."

This year, Arjun has big plans in Bollywood. "I will soon direct a Hindi film besides a movie in Tamil, to be produced by Aascar V Ravichandran. Kananda film Prasad, which will soon be released in Tamil, is my 150th flick," he says.

SVN
5th March 2012, 08:30 PM
This must be a great album to look forward to.

A.ANAND
14th September 2012, 02:57 PM
Mani’s waves of happiness

Mani Ratnam is smiling. His forthcoming film Kadal with newcomers Gautham Karthik and Thulasi Nair is almost complete. Recently Mani and his trusted cameraman Rajiv Menon saw rushes of the film and were delighted with it.

Sources swear that after seeing the rushes, Mani sir broke out into a big smile as he is said to have been very impressed by the performance of Gautham Karthik. Remember, Gautham father Karthik was one of Mani’s favourite actors. Who can forget his realistic performance in Mani’s Mounaragam and Agninakshtram ?

Kadal features Gautham Karthik and Thulasi, daughter of Radha and sister of Karthika in the lead. It also has Arjun, Arvind Swamy, Ponvannan, Pasupathy and Lakshmi Manchu.

The highlight of this film is going to be the fresh new story told by Mani and Jeyamohan on the life of fisher folks in the southern most tip of India in Kanyakumari district. It is a basically a love story woven with some real life incidents.

Mani and his all-time favourite music director AR Rahman is said to have spent days in coastal Tamil Nadu to get the right tunes for the film penned by Madan Karki

baba88
3rd November 2012, 09:10 PM
First time after Sandai Koli I think that ARR doing a rural melody again!! Feels like 90s

http://mtv.in.com/unplugged/videos.php?cid=12602

ajaybaskar
3rd November 2012, 10:05 PM
Scintillating stuff.. This is the ARR I like the most.. Happy.. Very happy.. :)

A.ANAND
3rd November 2012, 11:42 PM
unplugged version-ne ippadi sokkuthey original version ketta eppadi irukkum!ya, 100% 90's magic...ithathan naan ethir paathen..

jaaze
3rd November 2012, 11:58 PM
Kadal - Nenjukulle - Full Song by A.R. Rahman - MTV Unplugged
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152403270390001

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152403270390001
:bow:

A.ANAND
4th November 2012, 12:13 AM
Very catchy!ketta udane pacchakkunu ottikichu!she is far better than chinmayi..

A.ANAND
4th November 2012, 12:33 AM
SOME 'NENJUKULLEY' CELEBRITY TWEETS

Siddharth ‏@Actor_Siddharth

Heard `Nenjukulle' live from `kadal'? Do yourself a favour. Check it out. Can every young composer in India wake up & smell the coffee?

janani iyer ‏@jan_iyer

The song 'nenjukulle' from kadal is simply out of the world..Mr.A.R.Rahman,cn I jus touch ur feet?? Puhleeeeeezzzz!#Goosebumps#kadal#ARR

Chinmayi Sripada ‏@Chinmayi

Loving the female vox in Nenjukkulle. Thanks AR sir for giving an opp to another talented girl Those who got a break with Thee are lucky!

Balaji Mohan ‏@directormbalaji

If God exists, the closest some of us will get to experiencing him/her might be thru this gifted being - A.R.Rahman @arrahman #Nenjukulle

Gautham Karthik ‏@gautham_karthik (Kadal Hero)

What a song!!! So beautiful! And the performance was brilliant!!!! Hats off to the combination of AR Rahman and Mani Ratnam! Its MAGICAL

-arryg

Mahen
4th November 2012, 10:11 AM
such a lovely song// :musicsmile:

lancelot
4th November 2012, 10:20 AM
Who is the girl who sang it?

Mahen
4th November 2012, 11:17 AM
JTHJ girl..sakthisree

Dragun
4th November 2012, 02:08 PM
If the version in the movie and soundtrack have this orchestration I will be happy. It really doesn't need any extra loops or electronic stuff in it. What a beautiful song!

I hope they release the full MTV Unplugged episode on DVD and/or CD.

Roshan
4th November 2012, 02:40 PM

I hope so too .

ajaybaskar
4th November 2012, 04:15 PM
நெஞ்சுக்குள்ள உம்ம முடிஞ்சிருக்க.

இங்க எத்திசையில் எம்பொழப்பு விடிஞ்சிருக்கோ?

வெள்ள பார்வ வீசி விட்டீர் முன்னாடி.
இந்த தாங்காத மனசு தண்ணி பட்ட கண்ணாடி.

வண்ண மணியாரம்
வளருது கெடிகாரம்
ஆணை புலியெல்லாம்
அடங்கும் உன் அதிகாரம்.

நீர் போன பின்னும் நிழல் மட்டும்.
போகலையே போகலையே
நெஞ்சுகுழியில் நிழல் வந்து.
விழுந்திருச்சே

அப்ப நிமிந்தவ தான்.
அப்பறமா குனியலையே குனியலையே.
கொடகம்பி போல மனம்.
குத்தி நிக்குதே

பச்சி ஊரங்கிருச்சு
பால், தயிரா தூங்கிருச்சு.
இச்சி மரத்து மேல.
இல கூட தூங்கிருச்சு.

காச நோய்க்காரிகளும்
கண்ணுரங்கும் வேலையில
ஆச நோய் வந்தமக.
அர நிமிசம் தூங்கலையே.

ஒரு வாய் இறங்கலையே.
உள் நாக்கு நனையலையே.
ஏழெட்டு நாளா
எச்சில் துலங்கலையே

யேல இளஞ்சிருக்கி
எதோ சொல்ல முடியலையே.
ரப்பர் வலவிக்கெல்லாம்
சத்தமிட வாயில்லையே

ஓ...நெஞ்சுக்குள்ள உம்ம முடிஞ்சிருக்க.

வெள்ள பார்வ வீசி விட்டீர் முன்னாடி.
இந்த தாங்காத மனசு தண்ணி பட்ட கண்ணாடி.

வண்ண மணியாரம்
வளருது கெடிகாரம்
ஆணை புலியெல்லாம்
அடங்கும் உன் அதிகாரம்.

நீர் போன பின்னும் நிழல் மட்டும்.
போகலையே போகலையே
நெஞ்சுகுழியில் நிழல் வந்து.
விழுந்திருச்சே

அப்ப நிமிந்தவ தான்.
அப்பறமா குனியலையே குனியலையே.
கொடகம்பி போல மனம்.
குத்தி நிக்குதே

lancelot
4th November 2012, 05:28 PM
I hope so too .

If the version in the movie and soundtrack have this orchestration I will be happy. It really doesn't need any extra loops or electronic stuff in it. What a beautiful song!

I am sure they will, considering the amount of money they can make out of it...

mabiqukaumo
4th November 2012, 05:29 PM
superb song :clap:

A.ANAND
4th November 2012, 06:40 PM
AR Rahman 'Nenjikulle' song from 'Kadal' rocks!

AR Rahman premiered his Mani Ratnam’s Kadal song at MTV unplugged season 2, which was telecast on Saturday (November 3) night.

AR Rahman performed "Nenjukulle" from Kadal sung by Shakthisree Gopalan. The song a soft poignant melody became an instant hit with viewers and was trending on Twitter.

The US based Filmmaker Naveen said: “Nenjukulle is a heart-stroking composition, mellifluous poetry, perfect rendition and wonderfully arranged!Most of AR's female vocal finds have a good 'bass' voice including Shakthisree Gopalan. There is magic with the violin by Anne Marie Calhoun.”

The song has less instruments and more melody with lovely meaningful lyrics by Vairamuthu.

The ARR number has also made the Chennai based singer Shakthisree Gopalan even more popular. Recently she sang in Jab Tak Hai Jaan with Javed Ali under AR Rahman baton.

Now fans of AR Rahman are eagerly looking forward for the audio launch of Mani Ratnam’s Kadal which will take place later this month.

http://www.sify.com/movies/ar-rahman-nenjikulle-song-from-kadal-rocks-news-tamil-mleqLragjcd.html

Sunil_M88
5th November 2012, 07:28 AM
I have attempted to translate "Nenjukkulla". Those who are good at translating, please improvise / correct accordingly to make it better.

The song is about a girl who has fallen in love but unable to express her love to her lover. The song is composed based on the lyrics from an existing poem from vairamuthu's collections. The poem has a very good use of rhyme and alliteration. Thus, the words rhyme well in Tamil.

Translation:

In my heart…
I’ve tied you...
I don’t know in which direction my day rose?

You threw an innocent look at me
My mind, which couldn’t resist that, is like a wet mirror!
A Colorful dollar chain...A watch on the right hand…
And an authority that controls even Elephants and Tigers!!

Even after you had left
Your shadow hasn’t gone
It had fallen in my heart
I rose up seeing this
And after, I never went down
My mind is straight like a metallic rib in an umbrella…

In my heart…
I’ve tied you…

Birds have slept already
Milk has turned into curd
Even the leaf in the tree has slept

When people with Cancer could sleep
I am infected with this desire and
I Couldn’t sleep even for half-a-minute!
(“Kaasa Noi” means Cancer and “Aasa Noi” means Infected by Desire; the words rhyme well in Tamil)

In my heart…
I’ve tied you…

I couldn’t eat…
My tongue is dry…
It’s been 7 to 8 days and
I haven’t even swallowed my saliva!

I am a poor little girl
who couldn’t express anything
Like a rubber bangle
Which couldn’t make any sound!

In my heart…
I’ve tied you…

Thanks to the uploader :)

source: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/157979

lancelot
5th November 2012, 09:29 AM
Ide like to think that i can understand Tamil, but this song is really hard to understand. The words sound alien to me. Can someone type the lyrics in English and post it to us unfortunate ones who cant read Tamil?

brigs
5th November 2012, 10:19 AM
ARR magic is slowly happening to me now - Nenjukulle song sounds better and better with each listen...

A.ANAND
5th November 2012, 10:35 AM

same here!but original konjam dast beat-ta irukkume innu thonuthu!appadiye thalaivaroda voice-la alaps iruntha sollave venam!

ajaybaskar
5th November 2012, 11:11 AM
Just one song and twitter/fb came to a standstill for the last couple of days. If Rajni is for acting, then it's ARR for music. :)

brigs
5th November 2012, 12:06 PM
Just one song and twitter/fb came to a standstill for the last couple of days. If Rajni is for acting, then it's ARR for music. :)

Absolutely... ARR has set KADAL on FIRE

A.ANAND
5th November 2012, 12:31 PM
vairamutu tweets

கடல் பாடலின் காதலர்களே! நன்றி.

உங்கள் அன்பில் திளைக்கிறேன். நீங்கள் மேற்கோள் காட்டும் வரிகளில் வாழ்கிறேன்.

தமிழ்க்காதல் பாட்டுப்போகவில்லை; கவிதைக்காதல் வற்றிப்போகவில்லை.

நல்ல ரசனையே நல்ல கலைகளை வளர்த்தெடுக்கும்.
மீண்டும் நன்றி.

மணிரத்னம்-ஏ.ஆர்.ரகுமான் @arrahman என்ற உலகக் கலைஞர்கள் இருவரும் என் தமிழுக்குக் கிட்டிய தங்கத் தூண்கள். அவர்களைத்தான் நீங்கள் வாழ்த்த வேண்டும்.

கொஞ்சம் காத்திருங்கள் மிச்சப் பாடல்களில் இருக்கிறது உச்சப்பாடல்-அதுவரை ‘ நெஞ்சுக்குள்ள’ இந்தப் பாடலை முடிந்து வைத்திருங்கள்.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/jt3eut

raghavendran
5th November 2012, 06:21 PM
watched the telecast on MTV itself..didnt know AR is doin a concert in "UNPLUGGED"..was a pleasant surprise and the Kadal song was a complete shock..couldn believe while they were performing it..beautiful song..rhythmic and free flowing with a good dosage of strings..the entire show was beautiful actually..

Ramakrishna
5th November 2012, 06:24 PM
This song is a healer.

MusicIsLife
5th November 2012, 07:45 PM
is the guy playing guitar in the video Pritam?

MusicIsLife
5th November 2012, 07:47 PM
very nice song, absolutely amazing lyrics.. it looks shades of kizhakku cheemayilae.. still a great song..

Sunil_M88
5th November 2012, 08:14 PM
is the guy playing guitar in the video Pritam?

LOL yes and the guy playing the drums is Vijay Mallaya :lol: Jokes apart, the guitarist is Keba Jeramiah.

VinodKumar's
5th November 2012, 09:04 PM
Fantastic song.

Honest - Samantha va intha song-ku karpanai panni paarunga.

SVN
5th November 2012, 10:17 PM
http://mtv.in.com/unplugged/videos.php?cid=12602

NenjukkuLLE Omma mudinjirukkEn! Amazing composition by ARR. Singer Shaktishri is a GREAT FIND indeed. Hooked!

GSV
6th November 2012, 12:00 AM
couldn't come out from this song.. ADDICTIVE.. in loop since yesterday.. ARR :notworthy: Singer :clap:

Sunil_M88
6th November 2012, 12:30 AM
About time the waves of the musical storm started flowing in the hub. Great to see many non-arr fans appreciating Nenjukulley :cool:

MusicIsLife
6th November 2012, 12:41 AM
LOL yes and the guy playing the drums is Vijay Mallaya :lol: Jokes apart, the guitarist is Keba Jeramiah.

Sunil_M88: Thanks for the info.. i would have been surprised, if it were true..

Sunil_M88
6th November 2012, 12:43 AM
#Dhananjayan Govind : Just met my favourite A.R. Rahman sir at Mumbai airport & chatted about "Kadal" music unplugged. The album will have 7 songs. Await a treat.#

Source : Rahman 360

MusicIsLife
6th November 2012, 12:53 AM
About time the waves of the musical storm started flowing in the hub. Great to see many non-arr fans appreciating Nenjukulley :cool:

you don't have to be a fan to like or unlike a song.. this is a very good composition...

MusicIsLife
6th November 2012, 12:56 AM
but i surely have to tell, ARR tends to put up a better show than others.. this was more professional looking and well organized.. Seems like Nirvana in MTV unplugged... those unforgettable times.. the Singer of this song is pretty unbelievable.. After Aromele, this song is a instant classic...

SoftSword
6th November 2012, 04:24 AM
watta beauty!!
a good reason to come out of the rockstar loop...

baba88
6th November 2012, 04:26 AM
I am really happy that this place is getting back alive again. It has been really quiet for a while even with the releases of ek deewana tha and jab thak hai jaan. I really missed an ARR an album set in rural theme. I mean ARR is unaffordable for young directors who make movies like veyyil and paruthiveeran. Now after nearly a decade we will get some beautiful melodies without big electronic instrumentals or rap parts or a lot of experimentation.

Sunil_M88
6th November 2012, 04:48 AM
watta beauty!!
a good reason to come out of the rockstar loop...

Welcome back SS!

raghavendran
6th November 2012, 08:47 AM
for those who missed the Unplugged program

http://extratorrent.com/torrent/2860601/A.R.+Rahman+-+MTV+Unplugged+Season+2+(2012)+MP3+320kbps.html

lancelot
6th November 2012, 09:54 AM
vairamutu tweets

கடல் பாடலின் காதலர்களே! நன்றி.

உங்கள் அன்பில் திளைக்கிறேன். நீங்கள் மேற்கோள் காட்டும் வரிகளில் வாழ்கிறேன்.

தமிழ்க்காதல் பாட்டுப்போகவில்லை; கவிதைக்காதல் வற்றிப்போகவில்லை.

நல்ல ரசனையே நல்ல கலைகளை வளர்த்தெடுக்கும்.
மீண்டும் நன்றி.

மணிரத்னம்-ஏ.ஆர்.ரகுமான் @arrahman என்ற உலகக் கலைஞர்கள் இருவரும் என் தமிழுக்குக் கிட்டிய தங்கத் தூண்கள். அவர்களைத்தான் நீங்கள் வாழ்த்த வேண்டும்.

கொஞ்சம் காத்திருங்கள் மிச்சப் பாடல்களில் இருக்கிறது உச்சப்பாடல்-அதுவரை ‘ நெஞ்சுக்குள்ள’ இந்தப் பாடலை முடிந்து வைத்திருங்கள்.

can someone translate this please?

lancelot
6th November 2012, 09:58 AM
Does anyone have Nenjukulley on MP3?

ajaybaskar
6th November 2012, 10:07 AM
http://isaiaruvi.net/downloads/index.php?dir=2012+MP3%2FKadal&p=1&sort=1

A.ANAND
6th November 2012, 12:48 PM
More twitter/FB messages - Srinivas, K J Singh, Lyricists Vairamuthu and Karky.

celebrity tweets

Srinivas Doraiswamy

One may have the fastest brain,one's knowledge in music may be limitless, but that doesn't guarantee creativity.. To make a tune like nenjukulle you need all the above plus something beyond which is inexplicable... ARR has that magical factor,tonnes of that.. Guys,nenjukulle is just the beginning.. Kadal will rock big time.... Waiting..

Srinivas Doraiswamy Was privileged to hear the original tune played by ARR in the accordion.. Well, that is Magic beyond...

K.J. Singh Absolutely agree...it gave me goose bumps just listening to that song (and others) when mixing them!

Vairamuthu

in Tamil..takes expectations to a different level :-)

Madhan Karky

Yes. I've penned 3 songs.
It is going to be the best album of this year.
Addicted to this song. I was there in the studio when this song was recorded. Haunting melody.

@madhankarky: Is the original very different from the unplugged version? Ought to be right? And yes, a melody of this quality after ages!
Madhan Karky: no idea. it was just the voice recording.

-arryg

A.ANAND
6th November 2012, 12:50 PM
Striking a chord

Ace composer A. R. Rahman’s song ‘Nenjukulle’ creates waves on Twitter. Even he was moved by the phenomenal response to his programme on MTV Unplugged, particularly to his song in veteran director Mani Ratnam’s next film, Kadal.

Music director A. R. Rahman is someone who seldom gets excited. But even he was moved by the phenomenal response to his programme on MTV Unplugged, particularly to his song in veteran director Mani Ratnam’s next film, Kadal.

The number, titled ‘Nenjukulle”, aired on MTV first and a link to the video posted on Twitter later, seems to have evoked quite a lot of interest and admiration among fans across the globe.

Responding to the congratulatory messages, the musician tweeted, “OMG (Oh my God)… Didn’t expect such kind remarks for our MTV unplugged2 event. Thanks so much for all your love.”

http://www.thehindu.com/arts/music/striking-a-chord/article4067220.ece

A.ANAND
6th November 2012, 12:50 PM
7 treats in Mani Ratnam's Kadal

Nov 05, 2012

Home > More news

A.R. Rahman premiered the sounds of Mani Ratnam’s Kadal in an astounding performance on a special edition of MTV’s Unplugged on Saturday. He along with his backing band and singer Shakthi, performed the track ‘Nenjukulle’ from the yet to be released film.

We are now getting reports that Kadal’s soundtrack will have a total of 7 tunes including the track that was unveiled over the weekend. The song has truly gone viral and music lovers are going ga-ga over the composition. Rahman too has acknowledged the appreciation that has been pouring in from all quarters. He has thanked the audience through his micro-blogging page for the overwhelming response.

Lyricist Vairamuthu too released a note of acknowledgement that claims that A.R. Rahman and Mani Ratnam are pillars of gold that can sense the true beauty of art. He also pointed out that ‘Nenjukulle’ was only a droplet in the vast sea of music that has been scored for Kadal.

satissh_r
6th November 2012, 01:43 PM
2nd song is called Chitirai Nilavu

lancelot
6th November 2012, 02:58 PM
My sister posted this on Facebook about her almost 1year old son after playing "Nenjukulle" non stop in the last three days

"A.R. Rahman has made Ibraheem clap for the first time. Yeay! baby boy you did it." :)

ajaybaskar
6th November 2012, 03:19 PM
http://www.mayyam.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=1894&d=1352163537

SoftSword
6th November 2012, 03:26 PM
well said srini!!

raghavendran
6th November 2012, 03:28 PM
i dunno whats with this guy...bringing up unnecessary controversies every time..:mad:

SoftSword
6th November 2012, 03:44 PM
i think he is been rubbed in the wrong side and is now returning favors now...

ajaybaskar
6th November 2012, 04:01 PM
And I felt shocked on seeing his post. Not because of anything else but I am sharing the same thoughts.. :)

Ramakrishna
6th November 2012, 04:07 PM
What are you guys talking about?

SoftSword
6th November 2012, 04:12 PM
kadal'naa aalamum adhigam, neelamum adhigam'nu pesikkirom...

ajaybaskar
6th November 2012, 04:14 PM
யோவ்.. உனக்கு எல்லாத்தையும் முதல்லேர்ந்து சொல்லணும்..

Ramakrishna
6th November 2012, 04:26 PM
யோவ்.. உனக்கு எல்லாத்தையும் முதல்லேர்ந்து சொல்லணும்..

Sathyamaa ennanu enakku puriyala....God Promise

littlemaster1982
6th November 2012, 05:03 PM
Summa edhaiyavadhu pesi sandai vara vaikkadheengappa :)

lancelot
6th November 2012, 06:25 PM
Ram, i have no idea what they are on about either.... :(

Roshan
6th November 2012, 09:14 PM
And I felt shocked on seeing his post. Not because of anything else but I am sharing the same thoughts.. :)

Same here ! ;)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
6th November 2012, 11:34 PM
Hai Puthu MaappiLLai saar! :D

i think he is been rubbed in the wrong side and is now returning favors now...

Actually its he who he rubbed the other side recently in his FB page and then erased :lol: But makkals have the screenshots!

And I felt shocked on seeing his post. Not because of anything else but I am sharing the same thoughts.. :smile:

Whats there to get shocked?! His praise towards Rahman is his IMHO. Keep that aside. But if anything attempted about any 'other' MD, that too wrt creativity, its pure comedy! Just ask him go say or show this comment to his industry friends, their reaction wud be :rotfl:

baba88
7th November 2012, 03:23 AM
I am so excited that ARR gets to work with his best buddys where his comfort level seems to be. Mani Rathnam, Bharathbala, Shankar, Gautham Menon, KS Ravikumar. They are sure to get the best out of him.

Kadal has the ARR x MR combination. Plus its Mani Rathnams first straight tamil movie after a long time.

Mariyaan has Bharathbala as the director who is one of ARRs best friends. Plus Danush natural acting in a rural theme

Kochadaiyaan is a carnatic dance themed movie with rajinikanth. I hope to get another Sangamam type of soundtrack

I has the Shankar x ARR combination. Plus it is Shankars first love thriller after Jeans (or Boys) so expect some nice melodies

Yohan will have Gautham Menon as the director and I hope he brings out some nice tunes like he did in Kakka Kakka or VV

littlemaster1982
7th November 2012, 08:10 AM
Okay, no more discussions on Srinivas' comments :)

SoftSword
7th November 2012, 02:36 PM
hi sakala...
i did not mean this incident...
i am saying the rubbing musta happened long before and he is jus venting it out now...
that aside, polappa paappom...

ajaybaskar
7th November 2012, 07:46 PM
Calhoun's services were employed only for the unplugged version or will we be hearing her in the OST as well? Hope we do.. :)

dinesh2002
8th November 2012, 06:44 PM
Ram, i have no idea what they are on about either.... :(

Lancelot, lets just say, Srinivas was trying to explain bout A.R.Rahman's intelligence and talent to someone who has been hitting and disrespecting ARR. That particular person is explained well by the 1st line of the comment posted by Srinivas. Read it again, and u will know who is that person is. :P

satissh_r
8th November 2012, 06:59 PM
3rd song is Adiye

lancelot
9th November 2012, 09:36 AM
Lancelot, lets just say, Srinivas was trying to explain bout A.R.Rahman's intelligence and talent to someone who has been hitting and disrespecting ARR. That particular person is explained well by the 1st line of the comment posted by Srinivas. Read it again, and u will know who is that person is. :P

thanks Dinesh, I went back and read it again. I think i know who he is referring to but i am not sure :) Anyway, lets move on...

dinesh2002
9th November 2012, 05:43 PM
thanks Dinesh, I went back and read it again. I think i know who he is referring to but i am not sure :) Anyway, lets move on...

Avarey thaan :P :P :P .... haha..... btw, when is the full album slated to release? i seriously cant wait!! i rmemeber the last time i was excited for an ARR release like this, was for Sivaji the boss! :D

A.ANAND
9th November 2012, 08:12 PM
the audio expected release next friday.but this not officia newsl.-ygroups

dinesh2002
9th November 2012, 09:21 PM
the audio expected release next friday.but this not officia newsl.-ygroups

wow!!! hopefully they do release it anand... cant wait! :D

A.ANAND
15th November 2012, 10:50 AM
BREAKING NEWS

kadal audio launch on 23 NOV -source - arryg

yahooooooooooooo!!

A.ANAND
17th November 2012, 10:33 AM
3rd song named 'moonggil thootam'

lancelot
19th November 2012, 10:21 AM
5 out of 7 songs listed... awaiting release!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=435541996495330&set=a.422595117790018.88976.422541371128726&type=1&theater

A.ANAND
20th November 2012, 11:51 AM
'Kadal' audio on November 23?

Mani Ratnam’s eagerly awaited Kadal audio is likely to be launched on November 23.

Madhan Karky who has written the lyrics for songs along with his father Vairamuthu tweeted- "Kadal audio, I heard it will happen on November 23rd. No event planned yet.”

The audio rights of Kadal are with Gemini audio. The buzz is that there are seven songs in the album track list. Five song tracks list is out on the net. The tracks are Nenjukkule, Adiye, Moongil Thottam, Chithirai Nila.

Kadal is the launch film of Gautham Karthik and Thulasi Nair along with Arjun, Aravind Swamy and Lakshmi Manchu.

It has camera by Rajiv Menon. Gemini Film Circuit are marketing the film.

http://www.sify.com/movies/kadal-audio-on-november-23-news-tamil-mlujVGachdj.html

satissh_r
21st November 2012, 02:58 AM
The audio launch is not on 23rd, GOPS from yahoogroups has confirmed. Looks like the audio may be released by Sony.

A.ANAND
21st November 2012, 08:42 AM
good if sony music!

Sunil_M88
21st November 2012, 05:38 PM
It was slightly obvious that the audio launch will be postponed as no teasers or promos have been posted!

PARAMASHIVAN
21st November 2012, 06:33 PM
Isn't this the movie in which Karthik's son is acting as the hero ?

littlemaster1982
21st November 2012, 07:42 PM
Isn't this the movie in which Karthik's son is acting as the hero ?

:banghead: Instead of asking us, you could have just read the first post in this thread, Paramu.

littlemaster1982
21st November 2012, 07:44 PM
Rahman in Love (http://www.livemint.com/Opinion/PMN3mqKc3IHW7AUdojRmdJ/Rahman-in-Love.html)

You’ve probably heard a lot about Nenjukulle, the preview of a song from AR Rahman’s forthcoming soundtrack for Mani Ratnam’s December release Kadal. If you haven’t heard the song itself, in spite of the collective crush that sections of the Internet are harbouring for it, you must not be Tamil-speaking. Or possessed of a heart, I guess.

I’m kidding. This is pretty great, though, and if you follow this helpful guide to the Vairamuthu-written lyrics, with Tamil, English transliteration, and a rough English translation, you’ll probably be inclined to think so yourself. (Here is another good English translation.) Shakthisree Gopalan’s beautiful smooth-jazz voice has a lot to do with the success of this song; you probably missed her singing in Jab Tak Hai Jaan’s title track, given that the song appeared during the end credits, but queue it up if you haven’t heard it already, because she is a winner.

I’m still in two minds about the champagne-y concertina. I know this is rich coming from an unabashed fan of Rohail Hyatt’s work on Coke Studio Pakistan, but this MTV Unplugged set, where Rahman previewed the song to widespread surprise and delight, was a little too smooth and pleasantly-pitched for me. Rahman has always been a master manipulator of the pleasant pitch, but a wonderful thing about his best work is how he can surprise us — scratchy percussion here, an unexpected dip in a vocal there — even when he is lulling us into submission. What’s can a full orchestra do with Rehna Tu that the original soundtrack hasn’t already done? So as much as I’m enjoying this, I await Nenjukulle’s appearance on the soundtrack of Kadal, reportedly releasing on 23 November.

The heart of this song’s success, and the reason so many fans are calling it a “comeback” for Rahman (who I, personally, don’t think went anywhere), though, is its clean, waltzy melody; one of those instances when you understand why certain kinds of film music have endured for generations. My grandfather would have loved Nenjukulle just as much as a teenager in Madras does. Songs like this make me think about an early strand of Rahman criticism, which claimed that he was a synth merchant whose talents with machines were superior to his grasp of melody. This was really a laughable accusation to level at someone who debuted with the music of Roja, but now that we have two decades of his work on which to pronounce judgment, this becomes a little easier to refute.

I think there are times when Rahman doesn’t quite tell the stories he’s supposed to with his music -- this happened most recently on his soundtrack for Jab Tak Hai Jaan (my review). He’s sometimes described, even by fans, as a composer whose work has increasingly needed patience and repeated listening to get into, because he’s sacrificed spontaneity for textural complexity. But I’m also going to go ahead and propose that Rahman on form has produced some of the finest love songs of the last few years. Think of Rang de Basanti’s Tu Bin Bataye, or Ay Hairat-e-Aashiqui from Guru; my own favourite is the aforementioned Rehna Tu from Delhi-6, a strange, luminous thing sung by Rahman himself. These songs all fall well within the tradition of the epic Hindi movie love song, which has been a somewhat beleaguered genre in the last few years; but I don’t think any of Rahman’s contemporaries, even the talented innovators, could have pulled them off with quite the same grave resonance. And these are just the product of the recent, more gnomic years. This is the composer who gave us Kaadhal Rojaave and Uyire; his Yennavalae from Kaadhalan is enchanting even in the piped muzak form in which it plays over lunchtime customers at Saravana Bhavan in Delhi’s Janpath.

However, many of these have been duets, or male solos. This is much in keeping with the gendering of our movies. Rahman, you will have noticed, composes for a lot of movies that include happy women singing about their freedom and oneness with the universe -- does anyone have a word for this category? I’m stuck on “cool singing girl” — from his very first hit song, Minmini’s Chinna Chinna Aasai (Chhoti si Asha) in Roja, to Sujatha’s Poo Pookum Osai in Minsara Kanavu, transformed by Hema Sardesai as Aawara Bhanwarey Sapnay, to Neeti Mohan belting Jiya Re in last week’s Jab Tak Hai Jaan. But these are different from songs about love, which, while certainly not new to Rahman, are altogether fewer. So Nenjukulle doesn’t have as many predecessors as it might have had if it were sung by, say, Naresh Iyer. But it reminded me of at least one other great Rahman composition for a Mani Ratnam film, Sadhna Sargam’s Snehidane in Alaipayuthey (transmuted into the somewhat duller Chupke Se in Saathiya, Shaad Ali’s Hindi remake). Will it become as popular? Let’s give it another decade.

ajaybaskar
22nd November 2012, 12:00 PM
Audio release on Dec 15th.

satissh_r
22nd November 2012, 12:08 PM

:( namba vechu kavuthutanga... 23 days :sigh2: konjam teaser achum release pannunga, punniyama pogum

ajaybaskar
22nd November 2012, 12:30 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A8SSTdyCEAAATW6.jpg:large

satissh_r
22nd November 2012, 12:34 PM
Ajay, is this the real one or fan made?

ajaybaskar
22nd November 2012, 02:18 PM
First, it looked like a fan made one. But now the film's hero himself has acknowledged it.. :roll:

satissh_r
22nd November 2012, 02:26 PM
First, it looked like a fan made one. But now the film's hero himself has acknowledged it.. :roll:

oh, ennamo missing la

A.ANAND
22nd November 2012, 03:17 PM

Ayyooo..ayyooo pocha??!!!end of this month-thavathu release aagidum innu nenachene!dec 15-tha ponggala!!

PARAMASHIVAN
22nd November 2012, 03:51 PM
:banghead: Instead of asking us, you could have just read the first post in this thread, Paramu.

:lol2:

SoftSword
22nd November 2012, 03:51 PM
no worries guys.. it ll be a new year treat just like how VTV was...
am sure there will be one more song out like nenjukkullae.. i can survive...

Sunil_M88
28th November 2012, 09:04 PM
This is what Sony posted on their official FB page!

"We are absolutely delighted to present to you our next big project which brings
two true geniuses together...straight from the heart of Mani Ratnam and A R
Rahman, we present KADAL. Coming sooner than you expected!"

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/390206_562082863817703_580171496_n.jpg

Kadal Official Tracklist

1. Nenjukkule

2. Chithirai Nila

3. Adiye

4. Moongil Thottam

5. Ale Keechan

6. Anbin Vaasalae

7. Magudi magudi

Sunil_M88
29th November 2012, 04:38 AM
Solo Piano - Kadal Theme - Romance At The Seashore (Unofficial)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq2xo0wt5NY

I've attempted a solo piano piece in Raga Abheri. Enjoy!

satissh_r
29th November 2012, 09:48 PM
Now available for pre-order in Flipkart

http://www.flipkart.com/kadal-music/p/itmd2q3zpjaaq7wq?pid=AVMDFQXPH4Y9AYVS

A.ANAND
5th December 2012, 09:53 AM
Rahman's 'Nenjukkulle' from tomorrow

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/tamil/news-interviews/Rahmans-Nenjukkulle-from-tomorrow/articleshow/17478174.cms

Anyone can upload in mp3 version?

A.ANAND
5th December 2012, 10:21 AM
Poorna dances for Nenjukkule from Kadal

http://www.tubetamil.com/tamil-tv-shows/vijay-tv-shows/ungalil-yaar-prabhudeva/poorna-dances-for-nenjukkule-from-kadal-ungalil-yaar-prabhudeva.html

satissh_r
5th December 2012, 01:45 PM
Nenjukulle Movie Version - Low Quality

http://soundcloud.com/umeshsrr/nenjukulle-lq

A.ANAND
5th December 2012, 02:04 PM
Nenjukulle Movie Version - Low Quality

http://soundcloud.com/umeshsrr/nenjukulle-lq

thanx bro!

A.ANAND
5th December 2012, 02:07 PM
woow!thalaivar perfect humming...

satissh_r
5th December 2012, 02:13 PM
woow!thalaivar perfect humming...

Love thalaivar's humming and soft beats, wish he had added a bit of that accordion from the Unplugged version

Sunil_M88
5th December 2012, 09:15 PM
Nenjukulle’s first line itself reflects how I feel about this song in its entirety as I have “in my heart, tied” this song. My heart is an empty canvas to which Rahman Ji comes with an array of colourful instruments. He paints a vehicle in which I’m the passenger and Shakthisree Gopalan is the driver. She drives me through time, I see my playful childhood right in front me, she drives me through many emotions, I see my mum and dad looking after me and finally she drives me through all the four seasons. But If I had to pick a season which is the essence of the song, then it is autumn and the shakers sound like the shuffling of leaves.

Although Rahman Ji has completed this wonderful painting of a song, I’m still a passenger who along with the driver has only just begun this journey of a lifetime. Yedhum Solla Mudiyala!

A.ANAND
6th December 2012, 12:05 PM
Nenjukulle - Kadal HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L3gDwzQSOM

ajaybaskar
6th December 2012, 01:03 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A9akbWoCAAETCxC.jpg:large

ajaybaskar
6th December 2012, 04:15 PM
Audio launch confirmed for Dec 17th.

SoftSword
6th December 2012, 04:20 PM
ennayya 15th... 17th... ennadhaan prachinai...

A.ANAND
6th December 2012, 05:02 PM
ethukku'yya ippadi audio release-sa illuthadichi kitte porangga!ada pongappa!!!!

SVN
6th December 2012, 05:21 PM
The poster does not seem original at all. A fan creation perhaps? Madras Talkies site unfortunately has been down for ages now. Even 'upma' companies in Bollywood maintain their web pages well, while ManiRatnam seems to ignore the same... Typical of our community, I guess...

satissh_r
6th December 2012, 11:42 PM
Thalaivar just confirmed on twitter that the next song to be released will be on 10th Dec,
'Keechan'

ajaybaskar
7th December 2012, 10:00 AM
https://o.twimg.com/1/proxy.jpg? t=FQQVAhgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGljLmNvbS9zaG93L2xhcmdl L2JqcWR5bi5qcGcUAhYAEgA&s=DaRe6XUpHLFHBPVsXRT7tXl8_Bl-7TIwJoOV1XdmChQ

A.ANAND
7th December 2012, 12:01 PM
Thalaivar just confirmed on twitter that the next song to be released will be on 10th Dec,
'Keechan'

ippadi ovvuru paata vittu kitte iruntha,dis 17 kulla onnum minjathu pola!

A.ANAND
7th December 2012, 12:06 PM
It's official: 'Kadal' audio on Dec 17

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/88912.html

A.ANAND
8th December 2012, 12:34 PM
Elay Keechaan

Vocals: A. R. Rahman
Lyrics: Karky
Guitars: George Doering
Percussions: T. Raja, M. Lakshmi Narayanan, Raju, Vedachalam

-arryg

ajaybaskar
8th December 2012, 12:45 PM
What? George Doering? How can an American understand the essence/soil-smell of Rameswaram? How could they even use a guitar for this song?

sriramanvk
8th December 2012, 01:28 PM
Namma ARR than anga poirunthrarla appo konjam mann kondu vandhu studio la vechirupparu!

A.ANAND
8th December 2012, 01:29 PM
What? George Doering? How can an American understand the essence/soil-smell of Rameswaram? How could they even use a guitar for this song?

music no language!unggalukku theriyathatha bro!nichayam saravediya iruppa poguthu!thalaivar paadi irukaru,itha vida vera enna venum..

A.ANAND
8th December 2012, 01:42 PM
Namma ARR than anga poirunthrarla appo konjam mann kondu vandhu studio la vechirupparu!

ha..ha..

ajaybaskar
8th December 2012, 01:55 PM
Enna irundhaalum oru 'Hoi hoyya' ellam naduvula paadunaathane Rameswaram feel varum? Doeringku adhellam theriyuma?

Ramakrishna
8th December 2012, 03:05 PM
Enna irundhaalum oru 'Hoi hoyya' ellam naduvula paadunaathane Rameswaram feel varum? Doeringku adhellam theriyuma?

Atha guitar moolama paadittu poraanga. neenga enna Anban maathiri pesa aarambichiteenga

ajaybaskar
8th December 2012, 03:23 PM
Namma pasanga rombavum appaaviya irukkaangalae.. #facepalm

Roshan
8th December 2012, 03:35 PM

I was thinking the same :lol:

Anban
8th December 2012, 03:35 PM
Athu thaan "elay" irukkarathaala Rameshwaram feel vanthudumey

Mahen
8th December 2012, 06:47 PM
:lol: Softy oda jeep trip nyabagathaku varathu..ARR oda hc fans remba appavi.. :sigh: I got Ajay's 'msg' from his first post itself

ajaybaskar
8th December 2012, 07:22 PM
Jeep trip? What is that? I know only Rockstar. Still LMAO.

Mahen
8th December 2012, 08:30 PM
athe thaan :)

A.ANAND
8th December 2012, 08:50 PM
'Kadal' second song on Dec 10

Mani Ratnam and AR Rahman is trying out new ideas to popularise the Kadal music. The “Nenjikullee ..” song which was first played on MTV became a sensational hit and made Kadal music a brand.

Now another song from the Kadal album “Elay Keechan..” written by Karky and tuned by Rahman is going to go on air on December 10. The song according to insiders can further boost the album.

Meanwhile Madras Talkies has made it clear that Kadal audio by Sony Music will be launched officially on December 17.

A Mani Ratnam film normally does not have an audio launch and it will be straight to the stores.

http://www.sify.com/movies/kadal-second-song-on-dec-10-news-tamil-mmilJ2gadhf.html

audio function ethuvum irukathu innu nenakiren!usual-la intha audio function-la sila VIP-ngga sambanthame illama 'anda pulugu'pulugirathu mani-kku pidikathu!he is not a 'vilabarapiriyar'

Mahen
9th December 2012, 10:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh734WaNrZM

Parthyy
9th December 2012, 02:07 PM
Vijay Prakash Rocks Elay Keechan..Undeniably best male singer in current gen

satissh_r
9th December 2012, 02:10 PM
Athu Vijay Prakash illainga, its Rahman himself

ajaybaskar
9th December 2012, 02:14 PM

Indha vishayam Vijay Prakashku theriyuma?

A.ANAND
9th December 2012, 02:33 PM
ha..ha..

A.ANAND
9th December 2012, 02:34 PM
elay keechan vanthachu..namma susai ponnum vanthachu..nalaikku therikka poguthu!

appa hero peru keechana???

satissh_r
9th December 2012, 02:37 PM
elay keechan vanthachu..namma susai ponnum vanthachu..nalaikku therikka poguthu!

appa hero peru keechana???

Read Nov's post in the Kadal movie thread.

ajaybaskar
9th December 2012, 03:14 PM
Not vandhaachu. Its vendhaachu. Means the fish has been cooked.

A.ANAND
9th December 2012, 03:25 PM
appa, susai ponnu vendhacha???eppadi'ya ithu? itha kettu naanum vendhachu...

lesa mustafa mustafa shadow irukara mathiri thonuthu!

A.ANAND
9th December 2012, 03:31 PM
appa, susai ponnu vendhacha???eppadi'ya ithu? itha kettu naanum vendhachu...

lesa mustafa mustafa shadow irukara mathiri thonuthu!

oh..only keecham vendhachu..susai ponnu vanthachu! now rit!naanum nonthachu!

Parthyy
9th December 2012, 05:32 PM
Indha vishayam Vijay Prakashku theriyuma?

Avarthaanae paadunathu my voice recognition system says :P

A.ANAND
9th December 2012, 05:43 PM
Avarthaanae paadunathu my voice recognition system says :P

enna sir ippadi mosama irukku ungga system!

A.ANAND
9th December 2012, 06:04 PM
http://www.techsatish.net/2012/12/blog-post_9802.html

Sunil_M88
10th December 2012, 03:00 AM
Elay Keechan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MdKRGZfF7Q

International appeal is written all over this number plus a whooping length of 6:10 :clap: I feel like going now surfing now! Hehe

SoftSword
10th December 2012, 04:19 AM
no no... mummy paavam.. daddy paavam...!!

SoftSword
10th December 2012, 04:20 AM

naan kooda ajay madhiri paarthy thoondil pOttu vaangurarOnu nenachaen... :lol:

Mahen
10th December 2012, 05:29 AM
woah..elay kechan rocks..very catchy and refreshing..ARR :bow:

Sunil_M88
10th December 2012, 06:44 AM
Elay Keechan - First Remix On Net

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEP17-VsZyQ

ajaybaskar
10th December 2012, 07:11 AM
ARR (In high pitch): Elay Keechan vendhaachu. Namma Soosai ponnum..

Mani: Thambi, andha Rameswaram feel..

ARR: Vidunganne, adutha paattula paathukkalam..

Mani: Apdeenra.. :roll:

lancelot
10th December 2012, 07:52 AM
anyone got the song on MP3? Please PM me..

NOV
10th December 2012, 08:06 AM
:notthatway:

Please buy and enjoy... only Rs15

http://www.flipkart.com/elay-keechan/p/itmdgf7bvesefysj

NOV
10th December 2012, 08:08 AM
A dream come true

Well, what can I say! I had the opportunity of singing backing vocals for this song, and the moment I heard it in the studios 11 months ago, I knew this was going to turn into a monster of a song. I can't thank God enough for making this happen. Brilliant song! Grateful to Mr.Rahman.

Ever a fan- Vijaynarain

Parthyy
10th December 2012, 10:18 AM
oops ippadi aaipochae..anyways paattu super

lancelot
10th December 2012, 11:34 AM
:notthatway:

Please buy and enjoy... only Rs15

http://www.flipkart.com/elay-keechan/p/itmdgf7bvesefysj

Nov, waiting to get the CD when i come to Chennai. wanted to listen to the song before that...

But i agree... Rs.15 is not much, we should buy and listen :)

Roshan
10th December 2012, 12:08 PM
Eley Keechaan ! Dhooooooolll !! Instant hit !! Fantabulastic orchestration. Super duper hit !!

lancelot
10th December 2012, 12:09 PM
Just figured out that Flipkart is only in India... :(

A.ANAND
10th December 2012, 12:20 PM
thalaiva, rules-sa odaikarathey un vellaiya pochu!break the rulesssssssssss!!!elay keechan!!

Roshan
10th December 2012, 12:27 PM
The 2nd Charanam is just too awesome and the ending chorus and with AR's value additions are just mind blowing. The year ends well !! :D

A.ANAND
10th December 2012, 12:30 PM
the humming n the prelude..oh! taru maru..

satissh_r
10th December 2012, 12:31 PM
Just figured out that Flipkart is only in India... :(

PM me your mail id, I'll send it to you

lancelot
10th December 2012, 12:54 PM
PM me your mail id, I'll send it to you

No worries, I iTuned it :) its currently downloading...

A.ANAND
10th December 2012, 01:11 PM
the fan comment in youtube

'I love the guitar and chorus. Definitely sounds like an interesting mix of Tamil Folk, Raggae, and African Folk music. Rahman is a freakin genius!!'-[ithathan naanum nenachen]

one n only 'new age' composer india india!ovoru kaalathukkum than isai parimanatha change panni kitte vararu!thalai nee valga!!innum 5 song vera irukka??

Roshan
10th December 2012, 01:41 PM
He is here to break the rules and re-define things. I was expecting something very fresh and he delivers ! Namakku vaendiyathu adhuthaan.

lancelot
10th December 2012, 01:45 PM
What a "little" beauty of a song...

lyrics (though not accurate i think)
http://www.magicalsongs.net/2012/12/elay-keechan-lyrics-kadal-song-lyrics.html#.UMWY8eQQbng

satissh_r
10th December 2012, 01:46 PM
Second stanza is pure riot, the way he goes 'elay ethana macham, innum ethana latcham....' at the end is just too cooool :notworthy:

ajaybaskar
10th December 2012, 02:06 PM
A group complains about the lack of nativity in the song(s). All I wanted to ask them is one question. Who the hell defined you nativity? If you mean the templates designed by other MDs and want ARR stick to them, then quit listening to his music. He has refused to do that all his life.

ajaybaskar
10th December 2012, 02:08 PM
Elay Keechan is a fun ride. The length of 6.10 min is crossed in no time, thanks to the brilliant singing and orchestration. Rajeev Menon is only going to elevate the song. Mouth watering stuff!!

A.ANAND
10th December 2012, 02:26 PM
A group complains about the lack of nativity in the song(s). All I wanted to ask them is one question. Who the hell defined you nativity? If you mean the templates designed by other MDs and want ARR stick to them, then quit listening to his music. He has refused to do that all his life.

Yaaru antha group??'poiyya unnaku velakkam solli soliyye naan ooji poithen' innu ajay enna thittarathu theriyuthu'ha..ha..venumunna nativitiy-ki 'yeelelo' potukka sollunga!

lancelot
10th December 2012, 02:53 PM
I can picture Mani Rathnam setting this song in a background of fisherman either out at sea or drawing the nets ashore, or both!

satissh_r
10th December 2012, 03:16 PM
http://nandinikarky.blogspot.in/2012/12/kadals-keechan-lyrics-translation.html

Lyrics and Translation

ajaybaskar
10th December 2012, 03:25 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-JgH0R3NB9UU/UMWrOYXSdsI/AAAAAAAAEKQ/ZpYpFkZna8k/s1600/Keechan+Trans.jpg

Parthyy
10th December 2012, 03:42 PM
Wow that Background humming mm mmmm through out the song is very addictive..

SoftSword
10th December 2012, 04:06 PM
Who the hell defined you nativity? If you mean the templates designed by other MDs and want ARR stick to them, then quit listening to his music. He has refused to do that all his life.

:thumbsup:
fair point!

not yet sinked into it... but the initial listen gives me the typical 'sounds like there is no sync with singing/tune/rhythm' feel... which when happened in the previous times it ended up being a monster of a song... excited... the genre sounds like the 'signorae' from KM...

SoftSword
10th December 2012, 04:07 PM
pm me the song pls.

Roshan
10th December 2012, 04:33 PM
Full lyrics of 'keechaan' with the English translation done by Nandini Karky..

ஏமா சீலா - நம்ம
கடலம்மா அள்ளித்தாரா
ஆமா சீலா - அவ
அலை வீசி சிரிக்கிறா

Hey girlie Sheela,
Mother sea she gives us plenty
Aye dearie Sheela,
She laughs, throwing waves many

ஏலே கீச்சான் வெந்தாச்சு - நம்ம
சூச பொண்ணும் வந்தாச்சு
ஈசா வரம் பொழிஞ்சாச்சு

Hey mate !
The tiger fish is done through
And Joseph's girl's here too
Jesus has rained boons, true

ஓ ஓ ஓ ஓ ஓ வா லே கொண்டா லே !
கட்டுமரம் கொண்டாலே !
குண்டு மீனு அள்ளிவர கொண்டா லே !

Oh Oh Come on mate, bring it on
A catamaran, you bring it on
To gather fatty fishes bring it on

ஏளா..! பாய் விரிச்சா.. ஐய்யோ
வாவள் வாசந்தேடி
வாரான் கீச்சான் - ஒங் கீச்சான்
ராவோட கூவை கிட்ட கண்ண கேப்பான்
றாலோடா றாலோட மீச ஒன்ன கேப்பான் கீச்சான்
புலி வேசம்போட்டு வருவான் கீச்சான்

Hey girl, As I rig the sails - Oh my fate,
With a whiff of a pomfret bait
Here comes the fish..tiger fish
Your tiger fish !
At night eyes from an owl, he'll ask
And also a prawn's mustache he'll ask
Then, he'll come in a tiger's mask

ஹே சட சட சடவென் காத்துல ஆடும்
என் சாரம் ஏளா ஒம்பேர பாடாதா ?
ஒரு ஒரு ஒரு ஒரு ஒ...
ஒருதரம் ஒருதரம் ஒரச
பொசுக்குன்னு உசுப்புற உசுர

Hey,
In the wind
Shuddering shuddering
My sarong, darling won't it sing your name ?
Once.. only once you brushed past
And with that, my life you blast

ஒனக்காக வலையொண்ணு வலையொண்ணு
விரிச்சிருக்கேன் நான் தவமிருக்கேன் - நீ
விழுவேன்னு வெளக்கெண்ண ஊத்திக்கிட்டு
முழிச்சிருக்கேன் நான் அரக் கிறுக்கேன்
நீ வேணா சொன்னா..
எங்க எங்க போவேனோ தோமா...

Just for you, a net I cast
I sit in penance and fast
Hoping you'll fall, burning midnight oil
Keeping awake, I toil
I'm bit of a lunatic
If you say no,
Where will this Thomas go ?

ஒத்த அலையுல மெதெக்குற
ஓடம்போல் உன் நெனப்புல
நான் மெதந்து கெடக்குறேன்
ஓரப் பார்வையால சிரிச்சா என்ன ?

On a single wave, like a raft
In your memory, I waft
From the corner of your eye
Why not, a smile for this guy ?

நீ திடு திடுக்க
மனம் சுத்தி வளைக்க - நான்
வெள வெளக்க - தல
கிறு கிறுக்க

Making me quiver and shiver
Me, you surround around
I become ghastly grey
And my head reels teeter-totter

நான் பார்த்த நொடியே - ஹே
பித்து பிடிக்க
தூத்துக்குடியே - ஒன்ன
தூக்கி இழுக்க தூக்கி இழுக்க

Instant, I saw you
I became insane
All of my Tutircorin
Now, pulls you in

ஏ இத்துன மச்சம் - ஹே
எத்தன் லட்சம் - அத
எண்ணி முடிச்சே - நாம
தூக்கம் தொலச்சோம்

Fish so many
Lakhs how man
Just counting
our sleep, we lost

ஏ ஒத்த பிடியா - நீ
மொத்தம் கொடுக்க
அன்ன மடியா - என்ன
வாரி எடுத்த வாரி எடுத்த

Just in one catch,
All, you bestowed
As a mother's lap
Me, you gathered

ஓ ஓ ஓ ஓ ஓ வா லே கொண்டா லே !
கட்டுமரம் கொண்டாலே !
குண்டு மீனு அள்ளிவர கொண்டா லே !

Oh Oh Come on mate, bring it on
A catamaran, you bring it on
To gather fatty fishes bring it on

baba88
10th December 2012, 05:54 PM
Thulasi Nair

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/429547_318525001595249_1482124423_n.jpg

baba88
10th December 2012, 05:55 PM
Streaming link to Elay Keechan

http://www.clipfish.de/musikvideos/video/3894457/ar-rahman-elay-keechan/

NOV
10th December 2012, 06:00 PM
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/481713_528683633810167_1492887128_n.jpg

Mahen
10th December 2012, 06:07 PM
much better looking than karthika :)

Parthyy
10th December 2012, 06:20 PM
:-P Samanthavayae Pootrukkalaam... after seeing those NEP stills as teen girl

Mahen
10th December 2012, 06:23 PM
illa..tamanna-ve potrukalam :poke:

SoftSword
10th December 2012, 06:26 PM
appo title'a swimming pool'nu maatthanum..

Sunil_M88
10th December 2012, 07:15 PM
Javed Akthar was right in saying, “I think Rahman is one of those people, who have changed things and he has given a kind of new sensibility to an Indian music listener and the music makers Vis-à-vis the sound, orchestration, structure of the sound. He has challenged the basic structure of Indian film songs and he has altered it.

He is not much influenced by film music!

His sources are different!

He has a kind of courage where he is not afraid to experiment!

He is not afraid to fail and that is why he succeeds!”

I wonder what Rahman JI’s main source is, he has this childlike passion to always challenge others and most importantly himself! I have not witnessed the passion in other Music Directors Twenty years down the line from his debut, he still ventures into avenues unknown the Indian film music. “Elay Keechan” is a prime example of RAHMAN JI being THE ONLY PIONEER in Indian cinema! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

SoftSword
10th December 2012, 07:22 PM
someone pls give me d/l link... or link to buy the song...
itunes'la vaangi use pannanumnaa naan apple products dhan vechirukkanumaa?? i am i-lliterate on this...

satissh_r
10th December 2012, 07:46 PM
someone pls give me d/l link... or link to buy the song...
itunes'la vaangi use pannanumnaa naan apple products dhan vechirukkanumaa?? i am i-lliterate on this...

PM me your mail id, will send you the song

SoftSword
10th December 2012, 08:01 PM
satish... just got it mailed by ajay...
thanks... my id at ur inbox...

satissh_r
10th December 2012, 08:07 PM
oh ok, I sent it anyways

SoftSword
10th December 2012, 08:14 PM
thanks no probs...

ajaybaskar
10th December 2012, 08:59 PM
http://vijaynarain.wordpress.com/2012/12/10/the-day-keechan-arrived/

Roshan
10th December 2012, 11:48 PM
Thought of clarifying the line 'ஈசா வரம் பொழிஞ்சாச்சு’. 'ஈசா' is another name for Jesus and it is mainly used by the Muslims. Muslims in all parts of the world refer to Jesus as Prophet Eesa (Eesaa Nabi, in Tamil). Even in the Quran Jesus is referred to as Eesa. Karky always tries to come up with some unused terms in his lyrics and this is one such attempt (in Tamil songs they always use யேசு/ஏசு for Jesus ). I don't know whether some Christians in TN use the term Eesa for Jesus. Perhaps, Joe can clarify.

ajaybaskar
11th December 2012, 12:00 AM
Elay Keechan is right there at the top in the iTunes 'Top Songs' category on the day of its release. That's king for you.. :)

venkkiram
11th December 2012, 12:08 AM
Ajay Baskar.. please post that in other thread also. just kidding..

Sunil_M88
11th December 2012, 12:40 AM
Kadal Remix - Nenjukkule Chill Dub Mix http://youtu.be/fI02BDxSIe4

baba88
11th December 2012, 04:33 AM
Kadal Remix - Nenjukkule Chill Dub Mix http://youtu.be/fI02BDxSIe4

It actually has a nice feel to it. But if I may give you some advise, please turn down the volume of the drums and snares a bit or turn the volume of the vocals up. And just remove the sounds you put on the "Nee pona pinbu nilal..." part. The additional drums on that part are enough I feel. I hope I get to hear a version with the small changes soon :)

A.ANAND
11th December 2012, 01:07 PM
Elay Keechan has topped the iTunes charts on day 1

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1548772&l=365f2c1b33&id=102588106450624

thats ARR power!!!

A.ANAND
11th December 2012, 01:47 PM
'Elay keechan' top itunes chart

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/tamil/news-interviews/Elay-keechan-top-itunes-chart/articleshow/17568077.cms

A.R. Rahman's 'Elay Keechan' tops the charts

A.R. Rahman's just released 'Elay Keechan' from Mani Ratnam's Kadal has topped the iTunes chart with in hours of its release. This heart-wenching number, rendered by Rahman himself has overtaken Dabangg 2, Talaash , Khiladi 786 and other Bollywood tracks, to reach the no:1 spot. Madhan Karky has penned the lyrics of 'Elay Keechan'.

'Elay Keechan' is likely to take you by surprise, as for the for the first time a composer has given a western touch for a fishermen song.

http://www.galatta.com/tamil/news/a-r-rahman-s-elay-keechan-tops-the-charts/65367/

ajaybaskar
11th December 2012, 02:14 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/532561_232884710177746_1811253210_n.jpg

SoftSword
11th December 2012, 03:59 PM
arumai....

adhenna kasaseela hotel california? namma ooru vesion?

Guess_Me
11th December 2012, 05:29 PM
I wish Flipkart offered free MP3 singles to those who pre-ordered the audio CD. The CD itself costs Rs 125 and now they want Rs 12 for each single as well from fans like me who are eager to listen. At this rate, for 7 songs it will be Rs 84, on top of the 125 already paid for the CD :(

Can someone please send me the MP3s of both songs? All the ones available on the net are downloaded from YouTube, which doesn't sound good and Nenjukkulle is the unplugged version without the flute and ARR's humming.

Scale
12th December 2012, 10:35 AM
Javed Akthar was right in saying, “I think Rahman is one of those people, who have changed things and he has given a kind of new sensibility to an Indian music listener and the music makers Vis-à-vis the sound, orchestration, structure of the sound. He has challenged the basic structure of Indian film songs and he has altered it.

He is not much influenced by film music!

His sources are different!

He has a kind of courage where he is not afraid to experiment!

He is not afraid to fail and that is why he succeeds!”

I wonder what Rahman JI’s main source is, he has this childlike passion to always challenge others and most importantly himself! I have not witnessed the passion in other Music Directors Twenty years down the line from his debut, he still ventures into avenues unknown the Indian film music. “Elay Keechan” is a prime example of RAHMAN JI being THE ONLY PIONEER in Indian cinema! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Great post Sunil!! Agree with every word you said except the underlined one to be replaced with "recurring"

Elay keechan is truly a unique composition and a great job by Mr. & Mrs. Karki for the lyrics and translation it does help to love the song in a better way.

I doubt its longevity but I will give full marks to ARR's daring experimentation he mostly comes up with a innovative and pathbreaking no.s Elay keechan is certainly one.

Easily the song of the year for me!! Waiting for the rest of the songs to release :)

Scale
12th December 2012, 11:05 AM
This is one song that have seperated Karky from (not his father) but Vaali/Pa.Vijay in this territory. Has anyone other than Vairamuthu written lyrics for Mani films in the last ten films?

This soundtrack turns out to be very earthy and modern with lots of international appeal. Loving it!!

Roshan
12th December 2012, 11:59 AM
This is one song that have seperated Karky from (not his father) but Vaali/Pa.Vijay in this territory. Has anyone other than Vairamuthu written lyrics for Mani films in the last ten films?

Ever since Roja, it has always been Vairamuthu for MR movies. This is the first time another Lyricist has written songs for an MR-AR combo.

And regarding your comment about longevity, I felt the same when I first heard Roja songs :)

A.ANAND
13th December 2012, 05:17 PM
KADAL TRACKLIST OUT

KADAL
CD Tracklist

MUSIC : A.R. RAHMAN

1. CHITHIRAI NELA…
VIJAY YESUDAS
LYRICS BY VAIRAMUTHU

2. ADIYE…

SID SRIRAM
LYRICS BY KARKY
DRUMS: RANJIT BAROT @ NIRAVANA STUDIOS, MUMBAI.
JAZZ VOCAL BY MARIA ROE VINCENT,

3. MOONGIL THOTTAM….
ABHAY JODHPURKAR, HARINI
LYRICS BY VAIRAMUTHU
FLUTE: KIRAN
SOLO CELLO: SEKAR
BASS: KEBA JEREMIAH
GUITARS: GEORGE, KEBA JEREMIAH

4. ELAY KEECHAN...
A.R. RAHMAN
LYRICS BY KARKY
GUITARS: GEORGE DOERING
PERCUSSIONS: T. RAJA, M. LAKSHMI NARAYANAN,
RAJU, VEDACHALAM.

5. NENJUKKULE….
SHAKTHISREE GOPALAN
LYRICS BY VAIRAMUTHU
GUITARS: KEBA JEREMIAH
FLUTE: NAVEEN IYER
SOLO VIOLIN: ANNE MARIE SIMPSON

6. ANBIN VASALE
HARICHARAN
LYRICS BY KARKY
CHOIR BY: CHENNAI CHORALE,
CONDUCTED BY AGUSTINE PAUL & KIDS CHORUS

7. MAGUDI MAGUDI...
AARYAN DINESH KANAGARATNAM, CHINMAYI, TANVI SHAH
LYRICS BY AARYAN DINESH KANAGARATNAM

Courtesy : http://www.facebook.com/kadalthefilm.official

A.ANAND
13th December 2012, 05:27 PM
who is aaryan dinesh?fist time haricharan for arr!good choice..

satissh_r
13th December 2012, 06:00 PM
who is aaryan dinesh?fist time haricharan for arr!good choice..

Aathichudi nu oru pattu vanthuthu la antha pattoda original composer, singer

A.ANAND
13th December 2012, 07:19 PM
appa original composer vijay anthony illaya?

satissh_r
13th December 2012, 07:40 PM
Avar peru pottukittaru ana original surangani compose pannathu Dinesh than..

Sunil_M88
13th December 2012, 09:49 PM
Haricharan :happydance:

Sunil_M88
13th December 2012, 09:51 PM
It actually has a nice feel to it. But if I may give you some advise, please turn down the volume of the drums and snares a bit or turn the volume of the vocals up. And just remove the sounds you put on the "Nee pona pinbu nilal..." part. The additional drums on that part are enough I feel. I hope I get to hear a version with the small changes soon :)

Thanks for listening, you're right the drums are louder. I will upload a new version when I have time.

Sunil_M88
13th December 2012, 09:52 PM
Great post Sunil!! Agree with every word you said except the underlined one to be replaced with "recurring"

:thumbsup:

A.ANAND
14th December 2012, 09:03 AM
SAMPLE FULL TRACK HERE

http://www.flipkart.com/kadal/p/itmdg5nddz5bm5wg?pid=DGADG5NCWBRSVZYZ

tarumaru bro!!

Guess_Me
14th December 2012, 10:12 AM
SAMPLE FULL TRACK HERE

http://www.flipkart.com/kadal/p/itmdg5nddz5bm5wg?pid=DGADG5NCWBRSVZYZ

tarumaru bro!!

Looks like that was removed. Did you listen to all samples? What do you think?

ajaybaskar
14th December 2012, 10:17 AM
samples are still there,bro

Guess_Me
14th December 2012, 11:34 AM
samples are still there,bro

I see only 2 samples there Ajay. That page had 6 songs before Flipkart removed them.

ajaybaskar
14th December 2012, 11:59 AM
Oh. I didnt refresh the page and I was able to listen to the samples until I checked if they had been removed.

Chithirai Nila,Moongil thottam and Anbin Vaasalile are melodies with the latter having a majestic choir. Adiye is a jazz number. Magudi is a techno.

satissh_r
14th December 2012, 03:17 PM
ithu podhum enaku ithu podhume, verenna vendum.. ni podhume

ajaybaskar
14th December 2012, 03:44 PM
Adiye is my pick. :clap:

Ramakrishna
14th December 2012, 03:47 PM
Adiye is my pick. :clap:

Hellov, link PM pannittu pesunga.

ajaybaskar
14th December 2012, 03:51 PM
CHITHIRAI NILA IS EQUALLY MESMERISING. :smokesmile:

Guess_Me
14th December 2012, 03:56 PM
CHITHIRAI NILA IS EQUALLY MESMERISING. :smokesmile:

Yup. That is the pick for me, after Nenjukkulle.

I had high hopes for Haricharan's song. With heavy chorus, I think it is a Christian devotional song. I hope he gets a proper romantic duet from ARR in the near future.

Wow! Moongil Thottam is the slow poison. Can't stop now.

And Magudi is reminiscient of Fanaa

ajaybaskar
14th December 2012, 04:10 PM
Thanks to Flipkart's mess up, the audio launch is preponed to Dec 15th.

Guess_Me
14th December 2012, 04:12 PM
Thanks to Flipkart's mess up, the audio launch is preponed to Dec 15th.

Excellent. I hope they dispatch the CDs the same day.

SoftSword
14th December 2012, 05:09 PM
link pls... ovvoru murayum kekanumaayaa :evil:

satissh_r
14th December 2012, 05:10 PM
link pls... ovvoru murayum kekanumaayaa :evil:

anupiyachu anupiyachu... check gmail

venkkiram
14th December 2012, 05:12 PM
Listened to Samples. Chithirai Nila is too good. Looking forward to listen the whole song for Rahman-Vairamuthu magic. I am waiting.

venkkiram
14th December 2012, 05:13 PM
Please PM me too. thanks.

satissh_r
14th December 2012, 05:13 PM
Listened to all songs once, from then Moongil thottam has been going on loop for the zillionth time :notworthy:

ajaybaskar
14th December 2012, 05:33 PM
Chithirai Nila is :onlyarrpossible: stuff. Silirppu!!!

A.ANAND
14th December 2012, 05:41 PM
wow!wow!

adiye -speechless..chitirai nila..big salute to VY!entha songa first kekarathu innu theriyala!!!

isainna 'ithanda isai'!!!!

A.ANAND
14th December 2012, 05:44 PM
what happen to magudi song??ematram! pathile kaanum!!!ithaan savadi song!

ajaybaskar
14th December 2012, 05:49 PM
Songs out in iTunes

https://itunes.apple.com/in/album/kadal-original-motion-picture/id585713899

baba88
14th December 2012, 05:50 PM
All songs are released on Itunes now!!!
Please buy it there and support ARR and the Kadal team.

A.ANAND
14th December 2012, 05:53 PM
moongil thottam..pure bliss...ithu pothume ennaku,intha album pothume!!

A.ANAND
14th December 2012, 05:54 PM
i will buy the original cd..yes!!!

tifosi
14th December 2012, 06:24 PM
Songs out in iTunes

https://itunes.apple.com/in/album/kadal-original-motion-picture/id585713899

Thanks. Bought.

Mahen
14th December 2012, 06:41 PM
:sigh2: will only be listening tmrw..hows are the songs ajay?pm links pls anyone..

Guess_Me
14th December 2012, 06:51 PM
Looks like the long gap in Magudi's MP3 is not limited to Flipkart. Those who bought from iTunes and Nokia store are also saying the same. I hope the CD is fine.

tifosi
14th December 2012, 06:59 PM
Looks like the long gap in Magudi's MP3 is not limited to Flipkart. Those who bought from iTunes and Nokia store are also saying the same. I hope the CD is fine.

downloaded from itunes... yes there's a long gap towards the end. :-(

Sunil_M88
14th December 2012, 07:00 PM
Chithirai Nela

Is the pan flute sound a continuum? Overall, the song has an "Avatar-ish" cum Vangelis sound.

Anbin Vaasale

Jaage Hain anyone? The choir portions sound like Nadhiye Nadhiye from Rhythm!

Magudi Magudi

It doesn't seem fit with the rest of the songs but that might work in its favour. The arrangement is right up my street :)

Moongil Thottam

My favourite track of the album so far! I got a feeling this will be added to the list evergreen duets by Rahman Ji. It's vintage in every way.

Adiye

Please tell me this is a raga based composition. If not then Rahman Ji has certainly put his own subtle Carnatic stamp to it.

These are my initial thoughts and I am not rating it yet but I will this will be another VTV if not better.

Happy listening!

Sunil Malhotra

Ramakrishna
14th December 2012, 07:07 PM
Brilliant songs. Can overtake VTV.

satissh_r
14th December 2012, 07:11 PM
Adiye is the next Aaromale.. Totally unexpected

ajaybaskar
14th December 2012, 07:18 PM
Mahen,

The songs are EXCELLENT. Now I am actually skipping Keechan and Nenjukkulle. Worth the wait!!!

Sunil_M88
14th December 2012, 07:23 PM
Is it me or does Haricharan sound like Benny Dayal :confused2:

ajaybaskar
14th December 2012, 07:36 PM
Greatest surprise is Vijay Yesudas. Wonderful and soulful crooning.. :clap:

SoftSword
14th December 2012, 08:16 PM
Brilliant songs. Can overtake VTV.

nidhaanam thambri..

ajaybaskar
14th December 2012, 08:25 PM