PDA

View Full Version : What kinda stories / climax you prefer

Shakthiprabha
31st March 2012, 10:54 PM
With increasing tendency towards perverted/sick story theme, in the pretext of thrillers or "saying something new" all we get to see is psycho thrillers with heavy dose of violence, leaving us iwth obnoxiously stomach curling themes / Plots.

Violence is no more alarming. Saw series is celebrated! Where are we going?

We do have excellent thrillers or "art films" without dark shades of depression. It calls for an 'expert story teller', and intelligent plot to give a convincing touch without much violence being forcibly gobbled down the throat.

Sometimes I think I am happy sitting and watching "samsaaram adhu minsaaram" types even for 100th time...sigh

What do u prefer? plz share.

Shakthiprabha
31st March 2012, 10:58 PM
...Ive said enough and voted too... (my choice is "3")

P_R
31st March 2012, 11:18 PM
The kind if endings I like are:

Life goes on
It's pretty hopeless
There is no answer
We are alone in this amoral universe
Nobody has any clue because this is the first and only time each of them is living their life
In the end, it's all just a gag

ajithfederer
1st April 2012, 07:50 AM
Kolai, Kollai, Murder, Rape.

(Idhu pondra Padangal)

venkkiram
1st April 2012, 08:19 AM
Kolai, Kollai, Murder, Rape.

(Idhu pondra Padangal)

Why this Kola veRi Feddy?

V_S
1st April 2012, 11:19 AM
Good thread SP. :thumbsup:

My priorities:

1. Film combined with art and love, classic example like Salangai Oli, Thillaana MohanaambaL. I know it is too much nowadays to ask for such a film.
2. Mythological/historical films, absolutely love it.
3. Feel good entertainers (with good script) which creates an impact and thinking after a long time after we have watched the film. It need not have fairy tale/happy ending, classic example being Mudhal mariyaathai. Recent ones like; KSY, Nandhalaala.
4. Good humor/rom-com films like MMKR, Sathileelavathi, Panchathantram, PKS etc.
5. Good Folk based stories combined with humor like Azhagar Saamiyin Kudhirai, Thooral ninnu pocchu, Mundhaanai mudichu, Indru poi naaLai vaa with absolutely no aruvaaL kalaachaaram. Still greedy to look back to 'karagam' with Annan again.
6. Dark films like Naan KadavuL, Mahanadhi, Pithamagan, Sethu.
7. Crime and suspense thrillers like Yudham sei (definitely there was violence), but the content was too good to forget about that. If they can bring the violence element like Sigappu ROjaakkal, Athe KaNgaL, Kaithiyin Diary that would be awesome.
8. Action thrillers like Ayan.

shankarbharath
1st April 2012, 03:36 PM
Variety is the spice of life. One might say they like comedies, but they also enjoy a biopic like 'Bharathi' or a movie on classical arts like 'Salangai Oli'. I personally enjoy all kinds of films - drama, comedy, action, romance, suspense, thrillers, even commercial potboilers. The only genres I don't like are Horror and melodrama. The climax must be one that we do not expect - and I would double-like if it ends up being happy instead of sad or dpressing. This is why I like 'whodunit' mysteries (I saw 'adhey kangal' recently on KTV) and also light-hearted rom-coms with a slight twist (like Kalavani or Boss engira Bhaskaran). I say Boss because I never expected Arya to be chasing Santhanam in the first scene! Some great climaxes that I enjoy even today have quite a few Bhgyaraj films in the list - Darling Darling Darling, Andha 7 natkal, The Usual Suspects, Guna, Indru Poi Naalai Vaa, Kadhal Konden, Adhey Kangal, Nadu Iravil, Pudhiya Paravai, etc

HonestRaj
1st April 2012, 08:18 PM
all is well...

happy ending..

pirinthavargal servadhu..

nallavan vazhvaan..

muyarchi thiruvinaiyaagum..

vikraman type films.. but it doesn't mean his way of narrating..

19thmay
1st April 2012, 09:46 PM
something like MMKR climax..last best, irrespective of the genre.

venkkiram
2nd April 2012, 05:50 AM
சரியான கூடைக்குள் அடைக்க முற்படுவதில் சில இடைஞ்சல்கள் இருந்தாலும் இதுபோன்ற படங்கள் பிடிக்கும்.

History - (கப்பலோட்டிய தமிழன்)

Inspirational (உன்னால் முடியும் தம்பி, நந்தலாலா)

Comedy (தில்லு முள்ளு, இன்று போய் நாளை வா, அவ்வை சண்முகி)

Romance ( அழகி, காதல், அங்காடித் தெரு, முதல் மரியாதை, விண்ணைத் தாண்டி வருவாயா, அலை பாயுதே)

Drama (தில்லான மோகனாம்பாள், தேவர் மகன், சலங்கை ஒலி, கண்ட நாள் முதல், களவாணி, வெண்ணிலா கபடிக் குழு, தூறல் நின்னுப் போச்சி, முள்ளும் மலரும், 12B,கண்டுகொண்டேன் கண்டுகொண்டேன், மின்சாரக் கனவு, வைதேகி காத்திருந்தாள், செந்தூரப் பூவே, சிந்து பைரவி)

Action - (முதல்வன், ஜெய்ஹிந்த், ஆரண்யக் காண்டம், ஆடுகளம்)

Sci-Fi (எந்திரன்)

Thriller (யுத்தம் செய்)

சிறுவர்களுக்கான படம் (மை டியர் குட்டிச்சாத்தான், பசங்க)

groucho070
2nd April 2012, 07:09 AM
Violence entha kAlattulathAn illa. Cavemen would gather and talk about how they massacred their rivals, raped the women and killed the children. These stories translated into mythology and legends which are filled with violence. It is considered normal for a noble man in Roman empire to have little boys as servants and companions. By keep telling stories with lots of butterfly and ladybirds, we are being in denial.

Films does not have to be too real, then they are documentaries, but it should reflect a bit of life so that we can relate to them. And there are violence everywhere, around us, sometimes within our family.

A little bit of everything should be there, and that makes a very entertaining film.

But then....but then....I guess as you age you tend to be a lot more calmer. I am rewriting the novel I wrote eleven years ago, and I find myself removing the violent scenes :???:

Fav ending: Open type, let the viewer do the interpretation and beat each other up till bloody pulp

Example: 2001: Space Odyssey
Tamil film example: Gauvaram - did anyone think how he died?

Shakthiprabha
2nd April 2012, 11:27 AM
prasanna, :roll: ennavo ponga...

groucho,

yeah.... but i feel its partially age and partially how u are built.
punnagai mannan climax kaaga appove 1 week manasu sariyillaama irunthirukken... guess some of us are made very delicate...sigh. I do agree therez violence everywhere around, I DONT totally dislike such movies. but HOW U PRESENT or convey it matters.

None can deny, with more violence, society is dragged more into it. We reap what we sow.

Shakthiprabha
2nd April 2012, 11:28 AM
Good thread SP. :thumbsup:

My priorities:

1. Film combined with art and love, classic example like Salangai Oli, Thillaana MohanaambaL. I know it is too much nowadays to ask for such a film.
2. Mythological/historical films, absolutely love it.
3. Feel good entertainers (with good script) which creates an impact and thinking after a long time after we have watched the film. It need not have fairy tale/happy ending, classic example being Mudhal mariyaathai. Recent ones like; KSY, Nandhalaala.
4. Good humor/rom-com films like MMKR, Sathileelavathi, Panchathantram, PKS etc.
5. Good Folk based stories combined with humor like Azhagar Saamiyin Kudhirai, Thooral ninnu pocchu, Mundhaanai mudichu, Indru poi naaLai vaa with absolutely no aruvaaL kalaachaaram. Still greedy to look back to 'karagam' with Annan again.
6. Dark films like Naan KadavuL, Mahanadhi, Pithamagan, Sethu.
7. Crime and suspense thrillers like Yudham sei (definitely there was violence), but the content was too good to forget about that. If they can bring the violence element like Sigappu ROjaakkal, Athe KaNgaL, Kaithiyin Diary that would be awesome.
8. Action thrillers like Ayan.

wow vs... i am with u all through, exept for point no. 6 choices ... :)

Shakthiprabha
2nd April 2012, 11:34 AM
thanks all...lemme sum up my choices under diff themes. Its not just SUMMING UP choices, like groucho said, strong themes CAN BE CONVEYED in a mild way. thamizh la ilai marai kaay marai nnu solvaanga.... There are lot of dark themes, painted beautifylly.

"udhirippookaL" ... is a classic example. ithaiye ippo irukara directors kitta kudunga....
kizhichu, udhaichu, ratha aarai odi, add LIBERAL bad mouthing which sprinkles "realistic" approach!!! kooda rendu illegal distasteful approach.

"thevar magan" evlo azhagaana movie..... violence thaan...romba mosaamaana violence kadaseela...but it did NOT leave bad taste. I can list many such movies on ANTI-happy themes, which did not leave u depressed.

Shakthiprabha
2nd April 2012, 11:48 AM
n number of mythologies, histories, comedies, senti family hits, thrillers, romance are my favourites. I try to quote few examples to categorise the following as DIFFERENT in presentation (irrespective of the shade of the theme)

uthirippookaL, AvaL appadith thaan (give such a theme to current generation... I need not say the output, you know), Nizhal nijamagarathu, manmathan, andha naaL, muthal mariyathai, engiruntho vanthaaL, babu, aaril irunthu arubathu varai, hey ram.

hey ram evlo vithyasamaana approach in story telling!

"anbe sivam" is a perfect example of HOW TO PRESENT a tragic movie....yet give it a feather touch which is soothing...it pats in the back with .... "and life goes on"... climax

ALL i wanna say is this.....

Any art form, for it to be DIFFERENT, need not put on bloody robe, be saddistic, talk on illegal sex, slash the body into pieces,.....EN?....ENNA realistic themes-aam..... I insist realistic tragedy or even sadddism can be conveyed POETIC and with feathery mild touch.

Art is definitely needed to throw light on reality. No denying. Someof us want to it to be done with .....aritistic taste. avo thaan.

groucho070
2nd April 2012, 11:49 AM
I'd love to see crime films, murder mystery, where whodunit is not the thing, but why and the journey. The mystery may not even be solved, but it was a good ride.

Shakthiprabha
2nd April 2012, 11:54 AM
paruthiveeran, mynaa, innoru padam... kathalil vizhunthen nnu oru mokka padam....
trend these days is to.....show happy romance... (appove namakku engayo idikkuthe nnu irukkum) apram either she falls from her bycycle and dies, or he falls sick with a disease which attacks one in 100000 million...different aa epdi tragedy kondu varathunnu ROOM POTTU yosikaraanga....

I find this approach DISTASTEFUL. my 2 cents.

Shakthiprabha
2nd April 2012, 11:55 AM
I'd love to see crime films, murder mystery, where whodunit is not the thing, but why and the journey. The mystery may not even be solved, but it was a good ride.

I am sure u would have watched "memories of murder" (korean)....
violence thaan....but pudichuthu.......violence WENT WITH THE FLOW of the story......
it was not CREATED to fit in awkwardly, like how said tamizh movies of current era is treading.

menakettu, yoschu, intelligence waste panni..........tragedy aakkaraanga. :mad:

groucho070
2nd April 2012, 12:05 PM
Yudham Sei - the ride was more interesting than the solving of the murder.

P_R
2nd April 2012, 12:54 PM
SP, you have to watch this film baaNa kAthAdi.
Actually a pretty good film till the end which - to spoil a surprise for you - illustrates what the MTC buses instruct us about: padiyil payaNam nodiyil maraNam.

It's hilariously absurd how they just stick that ending in unnecessarily.
kadhaiyai sandhOsamA mudichchA police pudichchirumA? :lol2:

Shakthiprabha
2nd April 2012, 01:34 PM
kadhaiyai sandhOsamA mudichchA police pudichchirumA? :lol2:

:lol:

epdi vazha vekkarathunnu (need not be living for oneself, even living a meaningful life like anbe sivam)
creative aa yosikaama epdi saagadikarathunnu kuriya irukaanga...
there are umpteen ways to convey this mtc message...idhukku "doctor...en maganai kapathunga" scenes...and doctor giving suspsense stare...finally elaarum KOL nnu sirikarathu is MUCH BETTER.

"pareetchaikku neramachu" wants to inject a slogan "puthra sogam" anubavikka vidhi iruntha....puthrana thathu eduthavanum sethu poidaran... very ... eh...lets say intentionally sad. I somehow can make it pass out of "soga thiNippu"

As such love failures or other failures resulting in suicide or murder is...not the solution. idhula ipdi elaam paatu vantha....enna panrathu? Lyriicst directors, movie makers should have sense of responsibillity..TOWARDS SOCIETY. ATleast basic sense of responsibility.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuGjwER9rIk&feature=related

lyrics reads....

(andha kaala kaadhal)

thinam jodi jodiya inga sethu kidakkum da
..blah blah (justifying its TRUE LOVE)

(indha kaala kaadhal)

kaathal thotthutta onnum saavadhe illa (evlo varutham parunga!!!)
ada onnu thothutta rendu irukudhu
ipplaaam devdas yaarume illa

___

Indha pattai rasichu, AAAA OOO EXCELLENT lyrics nnu naalu peru periya budhanukku gnaana message kudutha range la pesikaraanga.
(dance movements...SAGIKALA with capital S)

ennavidhamaana SENSELESS lyrics ithelaam...do u know in the name of fun, THEY ARE SOWING wrong thoughts for the next gneeraiton? enna pannamngaraanga? kathalla thotthu poita enna solution? Tharkola pannikittu 'AMARAK KATHAL' AAKINA avanga nalalvangala? apdi thaana message? Life is so precious athai payanuLLa vidhathula vazharathukku naama kondu Vantha GIFT.

Censor board should work NOT JUST FOR suggestive or explicit violence, sex. It should ALSO WORK for wrong "messages seeded" in the name of movie or songs.

kid-glove
2nd April 2012, 01:41 PM
Climaxes that doesn't make or break the film. Let it all be organic to the story.

Pray someone could do something about this Punnagai-Mannan-syndrome that has took over New Thamizh cinema.

kid-glove
2nd April 2012, 01:45 PM
PM being a case in point, it has a cyclical feel at least. At least a KB detractor wouldn't just put it all down to him being a saddist prick..

P_R
2nd April 2012, 01:54 PM
Climaxes that doesn't make or break the film. Let it all be organic to the story.
Pray someone could do something about this Punnagai-Mannan-syndrome that has took over New Thamizh cinema.
For get a movie, even for something as simple as a sentence, how it ends is

Divine22
2nd April 2012, 01:58 PM
Hi

Personally, I despise most recent tamil movies with tragic endings. Most movies nowadays glorify violence all the way. And some scenes are just too gruesome, bloody. All that blood,mutilation to that level is just too much for me to take. I am not saying that movies should have a fairy tale (happily ever after) endings, but why must every single characters dies in the end?

Movies like Kandasamy makes violence as if it's something so cool ! Kodumei !!

In Mynaah (gosh, I really dislike this one). One whole song (vikraman style) shows how they want to live their lives, positive note, bright side of the life, bla bla bla, and what happens in the end ?? Ellarum settu poiruvange, and not just any death, adichi, otaichi, sitaichi, railway track la vizhunthu, kattiyaale kutti, shabaa! ettane method la saavarange ?? I wondered was the director suffering from some sort of dark depression. That he has to kill them all? So much for ''Neeyum Nanum neneichathu nadakkum pulle'' :???:

Pithamagan, Naan Kadavul, Baana Kathaadi, Vennila Kabadi Kuzhu recently Kazhugu, all had the same depressing endings and certain amount of violence . First 1 hour, 1.5 hours vizhunthu vizhunthu vaazhgaiye build pannuvaange, kathalipange, appadi vazhanum ippadi vazhanum nnu project pannuvange, apperom kadaisile ellarum nonthu noodles aagi, settu poiduvange! :confused2: Why ? Yen ? Kyun ?? Directors, aniyayaame characters-ai saagadikathinge ! :smile2::smile2:

I like the movie Kalavaani, very much simply because no one died in the end, most village based love stories *aruvaal kalachaaram* will see either of the lead pair perish in the end, But, intha director antha maatiri ethuvum pannele, Athukkagave I like the movie. Same goes for his second movie too. I am pretty sure if there was another director in his shoes surely he will dispose the hero or the heroine with so called a twist in the story or an untimely death.

Thats all yr honour ;)

Shakthiprabha
2nd April 2012, 02:02 PM
Hi

In Mynaah (gosh, I really dislike this one). One whole song (vikraman style) shows how they want to live their lives, positive note, bright side of the life, bla bla bla, and what happens in the end ?? Ellarum settu poiruvange, and not just any death, adichi, otaichi, sitaichi, railway track la vizhunthu, kattiyaale kutti, shabaa! ettane method la saavarange ?? I wondered was the director suffering from some sort of dark depression. That he has to kill them all? So much for ''Neeyum Nanum neneichathu nadakkum pulle'' :???:

:exactly: :clap:

Pithamagan, Naan Kadavul, Baana Kathaadi, Vennila Kabadi Kuzhu recently Kazhugu, all had the same depressing endings and certain amount of violence . First 1 hour, 1.5 hours vizhunthu vizhunthu vaazhgaiye build pannuvaange, kathalipange, appadi vazhanum ippadi vazhanum nnu project pannuvange, apperom kadaisile ellarum nonthu noodles aagi, settu poiduvange! :confused2: Why ? Yen ? Kyun ?? Directors, aniyayaame characters-ai saagadikathinge ! :smile2::smile2:

:clap:

awesome.... :clap: naan solla ninaichatha ennai vida azhaga solli mudichutteenga :bow:

Shakthiprabha
2nd April 2012, 02:08 PM
PM being a case in point, it has a cyclical feel at least. ..

yeah...that is why I let go movies like PM or even pareetchaikku neeramachu. Again may be kh, or sivaji lifts up the movie with their...lets say starvalue?

Vazhve mayam is another... but onnu rendu movies vantha we wont know....if, every third movie is gonna be pessimistic it hits the society.

VM was successful I dont think "sujatha" (starring saritha) made it big.

Difference was VM projected just the end.
"Sujatha" showed step by step how death swallows the girl. Romba depressing. Brother character vera sethu poiduvaan...grrrrr

Divine22
2nd April 2012, 02:17 PM
Danks!!! :cool:

Plum
2nd April 2012, 02:20 PM
"Fall from her bicycle and dies" - :lol:.

Divine22
2nd April 2012, 02:28 PM
Sila directors Final Destination franchise ya tooki saapturuvange ! appdi death-ai project pannuvange climax la, antha 'grain-ei konjam use senji story ya improve pannalachum paravaalle !

Plum
2nd April 2012, 02:47 PM
I have nothing much to say on this subject. But since someone brought up Kansamy, I must say that Susi Ganesan deserves an Oscar, or even a Nobel or something, for thinking up a climax whose lead-up featured a possibly over-weight, slightly paunchy, north indian male strip down to his patta patti. I just can't get around to imagining a story discussion that he described this scene in. The genius of it is beyond human comprehension.

Divine22
2nd April 2012, 08:15 PM
:frightened: Yaiks! what a scary song/ scene it was !! Kodumaiyilum kodumai !

Sunil_M88
2nd April 2012, 08:42 PM
Movies having actors with double roles... Even better if there is an ample dose of comedy in them: Apoorva Sahodharargal, Mrs. Doubtfire, Judwa, Bade Miyan Chote Miyan and Rab ne bana di jodi.

All other genres are second for me :D

Sci-fi Action: Terminator 2, Transformers, Koi Mil Gaya, Enthiran.
Preachy/Patriotic films: Roja, Bombay, Indian, Delhi 6, Swades.
Sentimental/Family orientated films: Swades, Shararat and Paa Animation: Lion King, Rio and *Kung fu Panda *(The only series where the sequel is miles better than the first, high sentimental quotient)
Teen comedy: American Pie, Inbetweeners, Superbad, Harold and Kumar.
Horror: 30 Days of Night.
Revenge: Koyla and Agneepath (Amit Ji's version)

Not really keen on suspense/thriller but I thoroughly enjoyed: Bourne series, A Wednesday and Kahaani, the later easily has one of the best climaxes I've ever witnessed :clap:

V_S
2nd April 2012, 09:48 PM
paruthiveeran, mynaa, innoru padam... kathalil vizhunthen nnu oru mokka padam....
trend these days is to.....show happy romance... (appove namakku engayo idikkuthe nnu irukkum) apram either she falls from her bycycle and dies, or he falls sick with a disease which attacks one in 100000 million...different aa epdi tragedy kondu varathunnu ROOM POTTU yosikaraanga....

I find this approach DISTASTEFUL. my 2 cents.
:thumbsup: Very nice posts SP and Divini22. I am with you. I can take pithamagan, but not Kaadhal, even how realistically they have portrayed. I can take Yuddham sei, but not Subramaniapuram or Paruthi veeran. Kaadhal/subramaniapuram/pv left me a very bad taste on how they approached the climax, very depressing and ugly (still even Yudhham sei or pithamagan is only for my personal watch). Good that you mentioned Udhiripookal. Compare it with the current dark and depressing films and how the current crop of directors are approaching the films' climax/end. Even in one recent Kannada film Aa dinagaLu, the whole story is about violence, but they have not shown a single scene like that on screen, that's the beauty. Nowadays it seems we cannot go to any film with family and children. Should we expose our children to all these and tell them, see this is the world we are living in? Why should we spend money and take all this? I see this especially only in Tamizh films, not even in Hindi or our neighbouring states. See malayalam and what type of stories they choose. Why we have gone so raw?

venkkiram
2nd April 2012, 10:03 PM
சமூகத்தில் நடப்பதை அப்படியே கண்ணாடியில் பிரதிபலித்திருக்கிறார் பாலாஜி சக்திவேல் "காதல்" படைப்பில். நிஜம் சுடும்தான். அதை எதிர்க்கொள்ள பழகிக்கொண்டு கடந்து வரணும். மேலும் படத்தை பார்ப்பதற்கு முன் இப்படிப்பட்ட படம் என தெரிந்து கொண்டுதானே செல்கிறீர்கள்? கோர்ட் வளாகத்திற்கு முன்பே ஓட ஓட விரட்டி கொலை செய்யும், இறைவன் சந்நிதானத்திலேயே ஒருவரை வெட்டி சாக்கும் மனித மிருகங்களுக்கு இடையில் நாம் வாழ்கிறோம். நாளை நமக்கு முன் இது எங்குமே தோன்றலாம். எதிர்பாராதவிதமாக. என்னே செய்வீர்கள்? வீட்டில் போய் உட்கார்ந்து, மூலையில் பதிந்த நினைவுகளை அழித்துவிட முயற்சிப்பீர்களா? பருத்தி வீரன், சுப்ரமணியபுரம் படைப்புக்கள் முழுக்க முழுக்க தீய எண்ணங்களை கொண்ட மனிதர்களைக் கொண்டவை. அவர்கள் வாழ்க்கையில் எதிர்ப்படுவதும் தீய நிகழ்வுகள்தான். ஆனால் காதல் அப்படிப்பட்ட படத்திலிருந்து சற்று வேறுபடுகிறது.

ஒரு காலத்தில் சத்யராஜ் ஓடி ஓடி கதாநாயகர்களின் தங்கச்சிகளாக பார்த்து பார்த்து வன்புணர்ச்சி செய்து கொண்டிருப்பார். உரியப்படும் ஒவ்வொரு ஆடைகளையும் காட்டி காட்டி வக்கிர உணர்ச்சிகளுக்கு வடிகால் அமைத்து கொடுத்தனர் எண்பதுகளின் இயக்குனர்கள். இப்போது அப்படியல்ல என்பது ஒருவகையில் ஆறுதல். ஆனால் கொலை செய்தல்களை இக்கால இயக்குனர்கள் கொஞ்சம் தீவிரமான ஈடுபாட்டுடன் படம் பிடிக்கிறார்கள் என்பது உண்மை.

வன்முறை விதைகளை அப்படியே காட்டுகிறேன் என பாணியில் முதல் விதையை பலமாக விதைத்தவர் வேறுயாருமல்ல.. நம்ம மணிரத்னம் தான். ரமணாவை சூர்யா அடித்து சாய்க்கும் மோதலை மட்டுமே குறைந்தது இருபது நிமிடங்களுக்கு எடுத்திருப்பார் மணி. ஆரம்பத்திலேயே படம் பார்க்கும் முழு ஈடுபாட்டை என்னுள் அழித்தார் மணி.

chinnakkannan
2nd April 2012, 10:44 PM
முதல்ல ஒரு எக்ஸ்ப்ளனேஷன் தேவை ஷக்தி... ஐ வோட் ஃபார் த்ரீன்னா என்ன அர்த்தம்..3 நான் இன்னும் பார்க்கலை..

chinnakkannan
2nd April 2012, 10:48 PM
வித்தியாசமான படங்கள் கொஞ்சம் தோல்வியைத் தழுவுகின்றன என்பது அப்பட்டமான உண்மை...உதாரணம் தென்மேற்குப் பருவக் காற்று, வாகை சூட வா, அழகர் சாமியின் குதிரை..மூன்றுமே என்னைக் கவர்ந்தவை..

கொஞ்சம் வித்தியாசமாய் ‘ஆடுகளம்’ போன்ற படங்கள் வெற்றி வாகை சூடியது கொஞ்சம் ஆச்சர்யம் தான்..

V_S
2nd April 2012, 10:56 PM
I am not sparing here anyone. I hate (and strongly condemn) seeing a person hitting a girl on her head with a big hammer (Ghajini) and a girl being split (in Vettayaadu VeLayaadu) into halves. Where are we taking these films to? To be honest I never knew if a film would be like this before getting into the theatre (this includes Kaadhal too).
Violence happen every where, not just in Tamilnadu right? Do other film industries potray the violence as much we do, that's what my question is? Why do we keep writing subjects only targetting this and not anything else. There are so many other subjects out there. If you see the frequency of these subjects in Tamizh films, it can beat anything and everything. I am even fine with these subjects, but the approach to it is what puzzles me a lot and hope to many others too.

If a film is targetting such a hard and real love, which is an rare occurrence/exception, why are we always dealing with exceptions? I see only exceptions are handled mainly in these violent films. It is just that why I have to spend money and hurt myself as there are so many other things in our own life to get hurt, why in films?

chinnakkannan
2nd April 2012, 10:59 PM
இப்போதைய படங்களில் வன்முறை கலந்து விடுகின்றது, ஏதோ எடுக்காங்க, டைம்பாஸ்ப்பா நாமும் பாக்கலாம்..காசா பணமா திருட்டு டிவிடி தானே கொஞ்ச ரூபாய் தான்...அல்ல்து இந்தியத்தொலைக்காட்சிகளில் முதல் முறையா போடறான் பாத்து வ்ச்சுடுவோம் என்ற மக்களின் மனப்போக்கும் ஒரு காரணம்.

எனில் படம் எடுப்போருக்கு முதல் சில வார தியேட்ட்ர் கலெக்*ஷன் தேவைப் படுகிறது..ப்ளஸ் மாஸ் ஹீரோக்க்ளுக்கும் படம் ஓட வேண்டும் என்க் க்ட்டாயம் எனில் போடுப்பா மூணு ஹீரோயின் ரெண்டு பாவாடை சட்டை தாவ்ணி...ஒண்ணு ஸ்கூல் கோயிங்க் கேர்ள்..அப்ற்ம் வில்ல்னோட ஹெலிகாப்ட்ர் ஃபைட் உண்டில்ல்... பாட்டுக்கு புதுசா ஊருக்குப் போகலாம்..க்ரைஸ்ட் ச்ர்ச் நியூசிலாந்தா, அமெரிக்காவா..
என டிஸ்கஷன் செய்து..

பாட்லாசிரியரிடம் கொஞ்சம் எரோட்டிக்கா போடும் ஓய்...காதலி, கற்பழி, கண்ணாளா முத்தா தா..போன்ற வார்த்தைகளைப் போட்டு எழுதும் நு ப்ரஷ்ர் பண்ண் அவங்களும்...பீர் குடிச்ச பால் நிலவு நீயல்லவோ (வாஹத் இத்னைன் தலாத்தா -கோரஸோட ஹ்ம்மிங்) மோர் குடிக்கிற முந்திரி ஃப்ரூட் நீ தானேன்னு எழுதி ..மிக்ஸில்ல்ல க்ருங்கல் அடிச்ச் மாதிரி குரல்ல ஒரு நார்த் இண்டிய்ன் பாடகரயும் கொஞ்சம் வாசக்க்த்வுல எலி சிக்கினா மாதிரி கீச்சுன்னு பாடும் ஒரு புதுமுகப் பாடகியையும் ( தமிழ்னுல்லாம் கரெக்டா பாடாதேம்மா பாட்டு ஹிட்டாகாது...தாமிள்னுபாடு) வெச்சு எழுதி ..

எப்படியோ படமெடுத்து ரிலீஸ் பண்றாங்க..பாவம் தமிழ் மக்கள்.இன்றைய தமிழ் நாட்டு மக்களை மாதிரிப்பொறுமையா நல்லாட்சியும், நல்ல தமிழ் சினிமாவும் வரும்னு பொறுமையாகவும் இருக்கிறார்கள்...

Bala (Karthik)
2nd April 2012, 11:02 PM
I have nothing much to say on this subject. But since someone brought up Kansamy, I must say that Susi Ganesan deserves an Oscar, or even a Nobel or something, for thinking up a climax whose lead-up featured a possibly over-weight, slightly paunchy, north indian male strip down to his patta patti. I just can't get around to imagining a story discussion that he described this scene in. The genius of it is beyond human comprehension.
:lol: .......

venkkiram
2nd April 2012, 11:29 PM
it is just that why i have to spend money and hurt myself as there are so many other things in our own life to get hurt, why in films? v_s சார், தனிப்பட்ட விருப்பங்கள். ஒத்துப்போகிறேன். விபரம் தெரிய ஆரம்பித்த காலத்திலிருந்து நான் படங்களின் நிறங்களை அறிந்தே செல்கிறேன். பருத்தி வீரன் வன்முறை என்றாலும் காதல் என்ற மகத்துவத்தினால் பிடித்து போனது. ஆனால் சுப்ரமணியபுரம் முழுக்க முழுக்க வன்முறை. ஆனால் அதையும் எல்லோரும் காவியம் என எழுத ஆரம்பித்து விட்டதால் போய் பார்த்தேன். இன்னொரு முறை கண்டிப்பாக பார்க்க முடியாது. நான் கடவுள், மகாநதி போன்ற படங்களையும் ஒன்றுக்கு மேற்பட்ட முறை பார்க்க மனமில்லை. சோகம் தொண்டையை அடைக்கும். திரும்ப திரும்ப பார்க்கணும் என ஆசைப்படும் படங்கள் பெரும்பாலும் காதல், நகைச்சுவை, குடும்ப செண்டிமெண்ட் டிராமாக்கள் தான்.

V_S
3rd April 2012, 06:35 AM
திரும்ப திரும்ப பார்க்கணும் என ஆசைப்படும் படங்கள் பெரும்பாலும் காதல், நகைச்சுவை, குடும்ப செண்டிமெண்ட் டிராமாக்கள் தான்.
Exactly! I am not saying such type of depressing/violent/hard-hitting movies should not come at all, but I see this happening more often (the percentage is more) even compared to other films, especially in our state and increasing day by day. Every third film is like that. That concerns me a lot. There is very little option for us to watch thamizh films that way and we tend to go for other regional/bollywood movies because of this.

Plum
3rd April 2012, 10:05 AM
V-S - if one movie of a type succeeds, 100 inferior clones follow. The trend really stops only when a million movies of that type fail, without a single exception. This is an industry that makes pen singam, singam puli etc just because a movie named Singam succeeded. The manja pais in Kodambakkam are suckers for Ramar Pillai formulae sold by clevers in the garb of directors and writers. And some of these with a delusion of grandeur - such as Art Mosquito as he is called in these parts - believe that they have the "pulse of audience"(adhu enna pulsenga gram pulseA?) and suggest addition of recently succesful elements into the movie. Examples of this include the belief in early 90s that Prabhu-Khushboo-IR was a succesful formula by itself. Have sucker producer, will direct movie is the life of a Kodambakkam director. This too shall pass. Who knows we'll be complaining about proliferation of gindhi type turban romances next

Plum
3rd April 2012, 10:07 AM
Remember the "kaddhalna ennanna..." Friend-figure movies of 90s? Didn't that genre die? Ramanarayanan-Shamlee?

P_R
3rd April 2012, 10:25 AM
எனக்கு பார்க்கப் பிடிக்காத படங்களும் வரணும், ஒடணும். இல்லைன்னா என் ரசனைக்கும் பொதுமக்கள் ரசனைக்கும் வித்தியாசம் இல்லாம போயிடும்.

Shakthiprabha
3rd April 2012, 11:29 AM
ck,

I meant my choice on poll (above) is three.

எப்படியோ படமெடுத்து ரிலீஸ் பண்றாங்க..பாவம் தமிழ் மக்கள்.இன்றைய தமிழ் நாட்டு மக்களை மாதிரிப்பொறுமையா நல்லாட்சியும், நல்ல தமிழ் சினிமாவும் வரும்னு பொறுமையாகவும் இருக்கிறார்கள்...

paadal aasiriyargaL paadu padu thiNdaattam thaan... ethanai kaalam porumaiya iruppathu....like how vs said... we dont get to see this flinching outcomes from bollywood products. Athai parthuttu tamizh padangaLai SKIP seyya thondrugiarthu.

If what plum says is true, we get inferior versions of saddism cause one pathos movie made it big...then I wish there are inferior SCI-FI versions ...aana anga budget idikkume...

அதுவரை....அங்காங்கே நடக்கும் தீய நடப்புக்களை படம் பிடித்துக் காட்டி, விதையை விருட்சமாக்கலாம். இது போன்ற விஷயங்கள் படங்களில் அதிகம் காட்டப்படுவதால் வரும் கேடு, நம் காலம் முடிந்து, ஐம்பது அறுபது வருடங்கள் கழித்து, பூதாகாரமாய் அவலட்சண உருவெடுக்கும். 'அட நமக்கென்ன அதனால்...வருங்கால சந்ததி தானே" என்ற நிம்மதி உணர்வில் இப்பொழுது பலரும் இதனை வரவேற்று திருட்டி டிவிடியிலோ இந்திய தொலைக்காட்சியிலோ வினியோகஸ்தர்கள் சூடு பட்டு விட வேண்டாம் என தியேட்டரிலோ ரசிக்கலாம்.

One postive outcome: படம் பார்த்து விட்டு, "நம் வீட்டுப் பிரச்சனையே தேவலை" என்று கூட பெருமூச்சு விடலாம்.

rsubras
3rd April 2012, 01:17 PM
One postive outcome: படம் பார்த்து விட்டு, "நம் வீட்டுப் பிரச்சனையே தேவலை" என்று கூட பெருமூச்சு விடலாம்.

exactly the reason why Megaserials have succeeded...... ada nama prachinai ennappa.....ellorukkum ore prachinaiyathan irukku.... nu compare panni paarthu athula oru aaruthal adiyaraanga....

ajithfederer
3rd April 2012, 02:06 PM
Ah was jus kiddin sp'ka. ;)

prasanna, :roll: ennavo ponga...