PDA

View Full Version : Khan Saheb Kamal Haasan's Jamaat/Jeba Koottam/Devasthaanam - Part 8

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

venkkiram
27th June 2012, 08:54 PM
But pOrkkaLam engE is of course a great song. I don't care much for the rest of the songs even if swAsamE is kinda pleasant. கொஞ்ச நாட்களுக்கு முன்பு சுவாசமே பாடலை ரோஷன் சிலாகித்து எழுதியிருந்தார். அதுவும் பாலு பாடிய விதத்தை. மெலடி என்ற அடிப்படையில் மட்டுமே "போர்க்களம் எங்கே" பாடல் உயர்ந்த இடத்திற்கு சுலபமாக போய்விடுகிறது போலத் தெரிகிறது. சுவாசமே சுவாசமே, குறிப்பாக இஞ்சாருங்கோ பாடலில் வரும் வாத்தியக்கருவிகள், தெனாலி பாடல் - ஷங்கர் மகாதேவன் குரலில் வெளிப்படும் பயம், அத்தினி சித்தினி பாடலின் சரணங்களின் அமைப்பு- எல்லாவற்றிலும் ரஹ்மானின் முத்திரைகள் நிறைய.

jaiganes
27th June 2012, 10:16 PM
கொஞ்ச நாட்களுக்கு முன்பு சுவாசமே பாடலை ரோஷன் சிலாகித்து எழுதியிருந்தார். அதுவும் பாலு பாடிய விதத்தை. மெலடி என்ற அடிப்படையில் மட்டுமே "போர்க்களம் எங்கே" பாடல் உயர்ந்த இடத்திற்கு சுலபமாக போய்விடுகிறது போலத் தெரிகிறது. சுவாசமே சுவாசமே, குறிப்பாக இஞ்சாருங்கோ பாடலில் வரும் வாத்தியக்கருவிகள், தெனாலி பாடல் - ஷங்கர் மகாதேவன் குரலில் வெளிப்படும் பயம், அத்தினி சித்தினி பாடலின் சரணங்களின் அமைப்பு- எல்லாவற்றிலும் ரஹ்மானின் முத்திரைகள் நிறைய.
My problem with Athini sithini is for some unknown reason in the interlude he lets hariharan scream to his heart's content - showed some lack of imagination there.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
29th June 2012, 10:27 PM
http://cbfcindia.gov.in/html/uniquepage.aspx?lang=TAMIL&va=Hey&Type=search

Search Result
Movie Name : HEY RAM (Celluloid)
Movie Language : TAMIL
Movie Category : A (Restricted to adults)
Certified by Regional Office : CHENNAI
Certificate No. : CIL/3/0163/1999-CHE
Certificate Date : 30/12/1999
Certified Length 5476.50 Mts
Name of Producer : M/S RAAJKAMAL FILMS INTERNATIONAL
CutList Details
Sr.
No Reel
No. Description Guide Line
1 7 Jagannathan's Bedroom. Dr. tells Ram that he is in good health. Dr, Ramamurthy is offended.
2 8 Ranada Library Ram realises that he is subtly insulted. He confronts with Dr. Ramamurthy
3 12 Trimmings done in tent pegging scene
4 14 Check post sequence deleted
5 16 Subash Goel and Uppili Iyengar's checking in at Marina Hotel deleted
6 16 The corridor of Marina Hotel (scene between Subash Goel, Uppili Iyengar and Saket Ram with the Inspector in the background is deleted)
7 2 Delete the word 'Bloody' uttered by the Hero in the dialogue 'Bloody Sindhi' (RETAINED SILENT) 2(xii)
8 3a In the intimate sequence, delete the visual of hero lying on the ground parting his legs and inviting the heroine towards him 2(vii)
9 3b Delete the visuals of the body movements of the couple under the blanket suggesting copulation 2(vii)
10 7a Delete the dialogue between Ambujam and Yagnam "Indha Gandhi Vilayattellam .....Udambu kedamatakkunu Niruthiduvar". 2(xviii)

Sr.
No Reel
11 7b Delete the word 'Semifiction' uttered by the hero (RETAINED SILENT) 2(xviii)
12 7c Delete the dialogue of Yagnam "sexual apparatus is not below the belt' 2(vii)
13 7d Delete the dialogues of Dr. Yagyam, Veda & Ramamurthy commencing from 'According to Sigmond Froid orutharoda....upto Gandhi Poyittarna Indiavukku Libido kidaichiduma yenna avar than nationukkey father' 2(vii) & 2(xviii)
14 7e Delete the following dialogues uttered by Ram, Vasanthi, Yagyam & Vedha "Adhu enna kalki avadharama Gandhi...ivarai enna panrathu Perukkaratha, kazhikkaratha, vagukkaratha' 2(xviii)
15 7f Delete the dialogue uttered by hero and mythili commencing from 'iyarkai naama vazhnal poora paal sapitunde irukanum.....thavidum punnakkum poda arambichiduvaa' 2(ix)
16 8 Delete the dialogue of Ram 'Andha pall illak kuzhandhai Mahatmavai....periyava naamthan mudivu pannanum' 2(xii) & 2(xviii)
17 9 Delete the dialogue of Abhayankar 'Nadagathin Kadhanayagi Bharathamath, Kadhanayagar Mahatma Gandhi, Nadagathin peru' appa amma vilayattu' (REPLACED with the annoucement of a public radio saying "Now you will have the direct broadcast of the speech by the First Prime Minister of India, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru 2(xviii)
18 10 Delete the word 'Mahatmavai suthi' from the dialogue uttered by Ram (RETAINED SILENT) 2(xii) & 2(xviii)
19 12a Entire graphic visual of Gandhi showering Goldcoins, for raising a plant with thorns (kallichedi0 followed by islamic flag Should be modified and shown only as the view point of Abhayankar' (REPLACED with approved modified visual with Abhayankar's dialogue 2(xii) 2(xiii) & 2(xviii)
20 12b Modify the visuals of Gandhi being fired at visually particularly deleting the visual of lotus 2(xii) & 2(Viii)

Sr.
No Reel
21 12c In the intimate sequence delete the ecstacy sound given by Mythili (RETAINED SILENT) 2(Vii)
22 13 Delete the close visual of horse with blood on its face after shooting 2(iii)c
23 16 Delete the dialogue of pimp 'Ava kadaintah kadaichalla vennaiyaa midhakkara' (The entire dialogue of the pimp has been deleted) 2(Vii)
24 17 Delete the dialogue of the pimp 'Payyan Ponnu, Mirugam...." (RETAINED SILENT) 2(Viii)
25 18 Delete the dialogue of Amjad and Ram commencing from 'Un Rama chandra moorthiye.....En Ramani pathi paesina sethae' (RETAINED SILENT) 2(xii)
26 19 Delete the dialogue of Delhi Ganesh 'Pajamavai avizhthu paatha therium' (RETAINED SILENT) 2(Vii)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
29th June 2012, 11:25 PM
Kamal @ Vijay Awards, Semma Mass!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXDkrDMl_y4

SoftSword
30th June 2012, 12:57 AM
censor panna dialogue scenes ellaam romba interestinga irukku... uncut cut onnu release pannugappa... viswaroop kooda apramaa paatthukkalaam..

P_R
30th June 2012, 10:37 AM
Thank you Sakala.
I remember hearing many of these lines in the theatre!

Who is Yagnam? YG Mahendran?
Who is Ramamurthy? :oops:

Roshan
30th June 2012, 01:38 PM
கொஞ்ச நாட்களுக்கு முன்பு சுவாசமே பாடலை ரோஷன் சிலாகித்து எழுதியிருந்தார். அதுவும் பாலு பாடிய விதத்தை. மெலடி என்ற அடிப்படையில் மட்டுமே "போர்க்களம் எங்கே" பாடல் உயர்ந்த இடத்திற்கு சுலபமாக போய்விடுகிறது போலத் தெரிகிறது.

Venki, Swasamae ellaam legendary stuff. Tune, interludes, orchestration, rendition ellaam master class. The percussions, piano work, brief appearance of single veena in the interlude after 1st Charanam are all 'karpanaikku appaal' stuff. And as I said before SPB has given everything that's possible for this song and you cannot ask for anythign more from him. This is one of my all time favourite numbers of AR.

And in Baba kichu kichu thaa Rahman speaks 'Rajini style' dialogues with his orchestration. Mind blowing !! And again it's SPB :)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
1st July 2012, 08:52 AM
https://twitter.com/TamilMoviesUS/status/219115163972935680
Tamil Cinema NA Box Office (USA & CANADA)-
Top 10 highest grossing movies in NA(USA&Canada) are listed based on movies grossed over $300K.Tkt price & num of locations aren't same

https://twitter.com/TamilMoviesUS/status/219115748411441152
1.Endhiran
2.Dasavatharam
3.7am arivu
4.Sivaji
5.Nanban
6.Raavanan
7.Mankatha
8.Kandasamy
9.Vinnaithandi Varuvaya
10.Manmadhan Ambu

So MMA BO is not that bad :)

ajaybaskar
3rd July 2012, 10:26 PM
Kamal, again was a part of 'Phone a friend, today - but this time for the Malayalam version of NVOK.

ajaybaskar
3rd July 2012, 10:27 PM
He assisted Actor Jayaram and his wife, Parvathy. Suresh Gopi is the host of the show.

KlamRoyA
3rd July 2012, 10:32 PM
kamal correc aa answer pannaara ilaiya ? :roll:

Arvind Srinivasan
3rd July 2012, 10:39 PM
Would be great if someone can post the link of Kamal answering...His phone a friend in tamil was very enjoyable

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
3rd July 2012, 10:50 PM
which channel?

KlamRoyA
3rd July 2012, 11:50 PM
http://images.behindwoods.com/photo-galleries-q1-09/tamil-photo-gallery/kamal-harshavardhan/01-kamal-harshavardhan-kamal.html

KAMAL WITH AACHARIYANGAL DIRECTOR HARSHAVARDHAN - IMAGES

20 photos..

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
4th July 2012, 07:58 AM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/534753_436005296430487_1321769090_n.jpg

ajaybaskar
4th July 2012, 08:54 AM
Obviously he did answer correctly. The question was, "Which Kurosawa movie was based on Shakespeare's Macbeth?"

ajaybaskar
4th July 2012, 08:58 AM
Video not uploaded yet in the youtube. Retelecast at 9.30 AM today Asianet

dell_gt
4th July 2012, 02:14 PM
Would be great if someone can post the link of Kamal answering...His phone a friend in tamil was very enjoyable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fKYQUH_qHM
46TH MINUTE ON WORDS

Arvind Srinivasan
4th July 2012, 02:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fKYQUH_qHM
46TH MINUTE ON WORDS

Thanks there, Dell

groucho070
4th July 2012, 03:23 PM
shamshayamE illA, don't doubt Kamal maaaan.....thanks Dell...

KlamRoyA
4th July 2012, 09:12 PM
http://images.behindwoods.com/photo-galleries-q1-09/tamil-photo-gallery/kamal-harshavardhan/01-kamal-harshavardhan-kamal.html

KAMAL WITH AACHARIYANGAL DIRECTOR HARSHAVARDHAN - IMAGES

20 photos..

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2012/07/kamal-blesses-debutant-director-156963.html

கமல் என்ற 'ஆச்சர்ய'த்திடம் வாழ்த்துப் பெற்ற புது இயக்குநர்!

P_R
4th July 2012, 09:26 PM
ennadhu maNikkutty-yA :rotfl2:

P_R
4th July 2012, 09:33 PM
Tenali tune-la aNNan "dhA pOi mAththi konduvA"-nu sonnAraamE :lol2:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
4th July 2012, 09:40 PM
Regarding Indian, Tunes kekkanum nu MD kitta kettrukkaaru, thassaal. But MD "naan director kitta thaan report panren" nu sollirukkaaru. Weekly Report ellaam anuppuvaar pola :lol:

Thenaali, AFAIK, totally Ravikumar thaan handle pannaarnnu keLvippatten, nothing more. Specifically, didn't hear any 'clash' news

P_R
4th July 2012, 09:45 PM
Jayaram konjam koovinaaru. And the way he said that was funny.
"pO idhai mAththi koNdu vaa" :lol:

Arvind Srinivasan
4th July 2012, 09:58 PM
Regarding Indian, Tunes kekkanum nu MD kitta kettrukkaaru, thassaal. But MD "naan director kitta thaan report panren" nu sollirukkaaru.

Well guess what remains between the two is just mutual respect and admiration towards each other...Quite a bummer that the two haven't worked together that often...Thenali and Indian were nowhere near the best for both of them....

irir123
5th July 2012, 09:43 AM
something tells me Kamal will never go to ARR - def not for his home production / banner! adhuvum ippa Hollywood range ponadhukkappuram, avingale super composers recommend panna vaaippirukku - Desplat is just one such example - there are 'n' no of upcoming composers in hollywood who might get roped in - unless his hollywood producer / financier insists i dont think Kamal will opt for ARR - however, if he does opt for him, ARR would most definitely ododi vandhu work pannuvaar - with or without Hollywood! 'Viswa' i thought was one helluva subject matter, which ARR wud have easily composed for esp with its afghan/middle-eastern theme - dont know why SEL were opted for instead!

Arvind Srinivasan
5th July 2012, 10:05 AM
Guess there is still a window of opportunity for Kamal to return back to Marudhanayagam or Marmayogi after the completion of the Hollywood project. In the case of the latter, the MD was ARR, who had already composed 4 tunes at the beginning...Again these are all just mere speculations....

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th July 2012, 10:08 AM
Raja, Rahman, Rajini, Kamal, all 4 are diamonds who sparkle on their own. Even without combining, they are big powers. If any combo happens, pattaasu thaan!

ajaybaskar
5th July 2012, 10:55 AM
Sakala,

AFAIK, the difference of opinion regarding 'Indian' song was because the choice of singer for 'Pachaikkiligal'. Shankar and KH wanted KH to sing that number while ARR wanted KJY. That caused the rift was what I was told. There was a discussion in ARRYG reg this long back.

Any big hero has access to the film's songs and why should Kamal go and ask ARR to play the songs?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th July 2012, 11:01 AM
They both were like Oil & Water, from beggining itself. Before Indian also, Kamal was voicing strongly in support of IR, from the time Gentleman made ARR Popular. (Yes, roja & puthiyamugam only brought fans to ARR, its only Gentleman which brought producers in quee)

It shud be mostly that ARR composing for Indian and Thenaali wud be mostly director's choice, than kamal's. Like Harris composong for VV.

ajaybaskar
5th July 2012, 11:05 AM
Yeah. True. But of late the situation has changed slightly I believe. Still Kamal is an IR fanatic but no hatred towards ARR like before.

ajaybaskar
5th July 2012, 11:06 AM
And KH was supposed to be the director of Marmayogi/Thalaivan Irukkiraan, right?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th July 2012, 11:07 AM
Yes, situation is much better now. But same time, i guess there was nothing hatred against ARR, instead, too much IR support. (which most of us IR fans feel deserving)

Arvind Srinivasan
5th July 2012, 11:17 AM
And KH was supposed to be the director of Marmayogi/Thalaivan Irukkiraan, right?

Yes. Which is why I am still hopeful that the collaboration will take place...

Siv.S
5th July 2012, 11:35 AM
AFAIK, the difference of opinion regarding 'Indian' song was because the choice of singer for 'Pachaikkiligal'. Shankar and KH wanted KH to sing that number while ARR wanted KJY.
With due respect to Singer Kamal

chinna chinna anbil dhaane jeevan innum irukkuu
..penne narai ezhudhum suya saridham
....adhil anbe aanandham aanandham ....

All these lines Only KJY fossible :bow: :bow:

venkkiram
5th July 2012, 03:56 PM
Sakala,

AFAIK, the difference of opinion regarding 'Indian' song was because the choice of singer for 'Pachaikkiligal'. Shankar and KH wanted KH to sing that number while ARR wanted KJY. That caused the rift was what I was told. There was a discussion in ARRYG reg this long back.

Any big hero has access to the film's songs and why should Kamal go and ask ARR to play the songs?

படத்தின் பாடல்கள் வெளிவந்த நேரத்தில் கல்லூரி விடுதியில் இப்படியும் ஒரு கருத்து சென்றது "கமல் படத்தில் கமல் குரலில் ஒரு பாடல் கூட இல்லை.. டூயட் "டெலிபோன் மணி போல" பாடல் கூட ஹரிக்கு சென்றிருக்கிறது. வாவ்.. நிச்சயம் ரஹ்மான் வேறுபட்டவர்தான்"

KlamRoyA
5th July 2012, 04:16 PM
It shud be mostly that ARR composing for Indian and Thenaali wud be mostly director's choice, than kamal's. Like Harris composong for VV.

Indian is ok.. its shankar choice.. bt Tenali, i think it might be kamal's choice than KSR..
Otherwise KSR would think ARR would be suit for biggies...
KSR joined wit ARR in which Rajini,Kamal & Ajith was star..
He dint even think of ARR musical for Sarathkumar movie.. :lol:
KSR nd Sarathkumar worked together almost above 10 films..

And also, during the release of Tenali, People dint lik the album 'Tenali' in first listen .. They felt sumthing missing in it..
When ARR is composing for a maas-hero project, he is restricted to sum limit for composing, IMO...:(
so he is nt able to delivering gud songs in some time..
Same case happeded for 'Padayappa'.. People dint lik 'Padayappa' album in first listen...

Srimannarayanan
5th July 2012, 04:47 PM
They both were like Oil & Water, from beggining itself. Before Indian also, Kamal was voicing strongly in support of IR, from the time Gentleman made ARR Popular. (Yes, roja & puthiyamugam only brought fans to ARR, its only Gentleman which brought producers in quee)

If ARR did the music for Viswaroobam, this film would have been more popular than now. Rahman would have done wonders for these kind of movie.

i dont know when this combination will happen.

KlamRoyA
5th July 2012, 04:50 PM
If ARR did the music for Viswaroobam, this film would have been more popular than now. Rahman would have done wonders for these kind of movie.

+1... Same applied for Dasavatharam..BGM la pinni iruppaaru...:smokesmirk:

ajaybaskar
5th July 2012, 05:41 PM
ARR was the first choice for Dasa. Due to time constraints, ARR had to select between Sivaji and Dasa. He went with the former.

Anban
5th July 2012, 09:46 PM

i dont know when this combination will happen. Aishwarya rai heroine-aa irunthaa kooda thaan extra popularity irukkum.. when will we ever stop this nonsense..

vishwaroopam theme and the two songs heard minorly thus far was very very good.. if rahman was the MD, every one wud have praised this toooo much .... lets stop being hypocrites..

Srimannarayanan
5th July 2012, 11:35 PM
Aishwarya rai heroine-aa irunthaa kooda thaan extra popularity irukkum.. when will we ever stop this nonsense..

vishwaroopam theme and the two songs heard minorly thus far was very very good.. if rahman was the MD, every one wud have praised this toooo much .... lets stop being hypocrites..

Anban

you know what would be the impact if ARR is MD. But still you dont want to accept. SEL doesnt SELL in Tamilnadu. Any way it is my opinion. Let us leave this topic.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
6th July 2012, 05:26 AM
KSR is the producer of Tenaali. That was his 1st and last film. So it no wonder KSR wanted ARR for a kamal film which he produces for 1st time.

Indian is ok.. its shankar choice.. bt Tenali, i think it might be kamal's choice than KSR..
Otherwise KSR would think ARR would be suit for biggies...
KSR joined wit ARR in which Rajini,Kamal & Ajith was star..

Later, KSR asked calsheet for a kamal film, for his 2nd home production but it didn't realize. In lieu of which kamal gave KSR directorial offers

irir123
6th July 2012, 05:56 AM
Srimannarayanan - i think kamal is banking on the fact that without anyone known in TN, he cud manage a blockbuster DASA using Himesh !! am sure TN ppl know more abt SEL than Himesh! plus it only shows his confidence in his product! he must be thinking "i dont need any big name as a prop for my film" - and no wonder he is sharing Osborne's watching the film 3-4 times with everyone!

MADDY
6th July 2012, 11:04 AM
something tells me Kamal will never go to ARR

bang on!! end of discussion

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
6th July 2012, 11:28 AM
Srimannarayanan - i think kamal is banking on the fact that without anyone known in TN, he cud manage a blockbuster DASA using Himesh !! am sure TN ppl know more abt SEL than Himesh! plus it only shows his confidence in his product! he must be thinking "i dont need any big name as a prop for my film" - and no wonder he is sharing Osborne's watching the film 3-4 times with everyone!

Athu!

Srimannarayanan
6th July 2012, 02:52 PM
Athu!

Sakala

Serioulsly i dont understand whether u understand what i am trying to say. When is the last musical hit of thaliavar movie ? VV right. What happened to 10 A Casset sales?

If you say, audio sales cannot be big nowadays, think about Endhiran audio sales. Can we expect the same for Viswaroobam. ? No way.

Main reason for choosing Himesh in 10 A is for bollywood. 10 A was disaster there. Viswaroobam will be a blockbuster in South.No doubt in that. How about Audio sales in south? Will it break any record?

If ARR was part of this movie , we can still have hope on Bollywood market

P.S : I will be happiest person if the movie clicks in BW. He doesnt deserve any failure in BO.

pushpak
6th July 2012, 03:06 PM
Sakala

Serioulsly i dont understand whether u understand what i am trying to say. When is the last musical hit of thaliavar movie ? VV right. What happened to 10 A Casset sales?

If you say, audio sales cannot be big nowadays, think about Endhiran audio sales. Can we expect the same for Viswaroobam. ? No way.

Main reason for choosing Himesh in 10 A is for bollywood. 10 A was disaster there. Viswaroobam will be a blockbuster in South.No doubt in that. How about Audio sales in south? Will it break any record?

If ARR was part of this movie , we can still have hope on Bollywood market

P.S : I will be happiest person if the movie clicks in BW. He doesnt deserve any failure in BO.

Is it because Kamal no more believes in "songs"? Even then background score is an integral part of the movie.
He should have gone for ARR from a commercial point of view (and quality). If Kamal is not interested in the marketing aspects of music (songs and/or background) he should have gone to Ilayaraja.

Srimannarayanan
6th July 2012, 03:11 PM
something tells me Kamal will never go to ARR

Something tells me, KH will prefer DSP,SEL and etc than IR in future.

KlamRoyA
6th July 2012, 03:13 PM
My question is y kamal is nt preferring ARR for his films...
150 cr la padam edukkiringa.. 5 cr sambalam koduthu ARR ai serkka koodatha...
ARR wont avoid if he gets kamal project...
onnum puriyala...

Cinemarasigan
6th July 2012, 03:23 PM
According the Haasar, Viswaroopam's storyline is something universal, and he wants the Background score to be of good quality and having confidence on SEL in that matter. The music we heard in the trailers are fantastic.. If songs are good then it will be a Bonus.. Probably KH is not interested in waiting for anyone's music and having confidence that he can make any MD to work to the level he wants.

Cinemarasigan
6th July 2012, 03:25 PM
onnum puriyala...

5 Cr SambaLam is not the matter here... he wants the MD's to be accessible / available whenever he wants, probably ARR may not be that much flexible..

pushpak
6th July 2012, 03:26 PM
[QUOTE=Cinemarasigan;893503]According the Haasar, Viswaroopam's storyline is something universal, and he wants the Background score to be of good quality and having confidence on SEL in that matter. The music we heard in the trailers are fantastic.. If songs are good then it will be a Bonus.. Probably KH is not interested in waiting for anyone's music and having confidence that he can make any MD to work to the level he wants.[/QUOTE

Then why not Raaja ????? No waiting etc as they both are great friends...
Nammavar connects the best with maestro...
This makes us think commercial aspects are considered. Then, as someone said, such big budget movies, why not ARR !

KV
6th July 2012, 03:43 PM
CR, I think SEL generally don't do the BGM for many of their indhi films. adhukkellaam 'specialists' vechchirkkaanga anga (even aalavandhan BGM was done by 'nammavar' Mahesh).

Cinemarasigan
6th July 2012, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=Cinemarasigan;893503]According the Haasar, Viswaroopam's storyline is something universal, and he wants the Background score to be of good quality and having confidence on SEL in that matter. The music we heard in the trailers are fantastic.. If songs are good then it will be a Bonus.. Probably KH is not interested in waiting for anyone's music and having confidence that he can make any MD to work to the level he wants.[/QUOTE

Then why not Raaja ????? No waiting etc as they both are great friends...
Nammavar connects the best with maestro...
This makes us think commercial aspects are considered. Then, as someone said, such big budget movies, why not ARR !

Raaja's case is different.. puriyadha pudhir...

Cinemarasigan
6th July 2012, 04:00 PM
CR, I think SEL generally don't do the BGM for many of their indhi films. adhukkellaam 'specialists' vechchirkkaanga anga (even aalavandhan BGM was done by 'nammavar' Mahesh).

Yeah.. then who is doing BGM for Viswaroopam?

Mahen
6th July 2012, 04:11 PM
dont do bgm va? they were superb in DCH/KHNH/my name is khan..I guess Alavandan was outsourced because they were still new at that time

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
6th July 2012, 04:16 PM
onnum puriyala...

Before Indian, there were some strong IR supportive comments from kamal, when ARR was on heavy rise. Then, in Indian and Thenali, few minor clashes were supposed to have happened. That itself kinda created some distance. They both were Appadiyum Ippadiyum.... Then, I guess due to the loooong gap, those minor differences vanished both sides and Kamal went to Dasavatharam(?) for which ARR was unable to give time and he himself suggested himesh(?) and then that nasal phellow refused to do BGM, so that went to DSP. Then UPO went to debut shruti. MMA went to DSP mainly becos of some vaakkuruthi kamal wud have given to DSP for scoring Dasa BGM. (Same way he cud have give vaakku to trisa for Marmayogi and as it dropped, she got MMA)

now coming to Marmayogi, I guess, kamal went to ARR well before itself to make sure ARR won't have any time issues etc but that movie dropped. ARR reportedly composed and recorded(?) 2 songs. Going by the usual kamal logic, ARR shud have got another kamal movie, instead of the dropped Marmayogi but that didn't happen. I guess kamal could not have like ARR's working style (time/other factors). After Marma dropped, later, when ARR got Oscars, Kamal, probably on his own(?) gave interviews to media, praising ARR for his talent. At that time, kamal mentioned a thing, "During Marmayogi, ARR and me discussed the song situation, he understood it fast and kinda stopped me, from me telling more explanation" Kamal said something like this. On the skin of it, it may mean ARR is fast grasping situations but in kamal's mind, may be he always wanted the MD to listen the full, complete explanation he gives with no interruption. Again don't jump on me I am guessing. Also we know, kamal always may want to digress while discussing. He talks about unrelated thing when he meets Raja, during work, as said by him recently. Same with DSP, he discussed about other MD that is Raja. So, it seems there is always out-of-topic discussions along with Song situations. May be ARR didn't encourage this too much.

Kamal-50, ARR came and wished kamal on stage, as he is VVIP, he was alotted a seat on stage, along with other VVIPs but he was there only short time and left without giving speech. nothing wrong, but just saying...

Since kamal attempted ARR for his own directorial Marmayogi, i strongly guess its some working-style related differences that keep them away and nothing more. The reason for the difference to rise at very 1st place - unknown! Only they both knows!

Reg SEL for Vishwroop, I guess, its not only the hope he probably has on them, also that he chose most of the artists from bollywood only. So may be he choose someone he feels fit for the film and him and also the market. This time he seem to have a strong bet in North.

There are many MDs he tries out for first time, Chachi 420, Anbe Sivam, Nala Damayanti all were first timers for kamal film. Rarely he goes to such an MD for 2nd time. So SEL shud have high rank in kamal's choices. I guess, inspite of the frienliness he has with DSP, there mostly wont be a repeat for that guy!

KV
6th July 2012, 04:19 PM
I didn't mean to say that they don't do BGM at all; but often it gets outsourced to other guys. Wiki/IMDB should have details.
Fisherroof I'm not sure yet, but that we haven't heard any other names associated with the music dept. of the film so far, it's likely to be SEL for BGM too.

Siv.S
6th July 2012, 04:27 PM
Sila pala Post-ngalam Pullarikka Vaikkuthu.... Athavathu ARR kitta porathu "only" for commercial reasons.. :bow:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
6th July 2012, 04:27 PM
KV, he does Vishwaroop in high standards, hollywood style. and songs are not for commercial reasong but well integrated with situations. I guess BGM/Theme Music etc plays important role and so mostly its SEL who whud hav tuned for the whole movie. Kamal mostly don't like this splitting job and he wud have stated that beginning itself.

Also they are a Combo of 3. So someone wud be taking care of BGM. I strongly guess no outsourcing wud have happened.

venkkiram
6th July 2012, 04:32 PM
KV, he does Vishwaroop in high standards, hollywood style. and songs are not for commercial reasong but well integrated with situations. I guess BGM/Theme Music etc plays important role and so mostly its SEL who whud hav tuned for the whole movie. Kamal mostly don't like this splitting job and he wud have stated that beginning itself.

Also they are a Combo of 3. So someone wud be taking care of BGM. I strongly guess no outsourcing wud have happened.

Also the fact is, BGM went to different hands in Aalavanthaan and Dasa!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
6th July 2012, 04:33 PM
They were locals. For Vishwaroop he has multiple aims. Athu vera ithu vera.

KlamRoyA
6th July 2012, 04:35 PM
Kamal is telling 'Vishwaroop' is hollywood standard...
tis film has more hollywood technicians...
so, ARR is very much hollywood icon than SEL...
intha vishayathai kamal kavanikkaliya... ?

P_R
6th July 2012, 04:35 PM
Also they are a Combo of 3. So someone wud be taking care of BGM :lol:

:lol: ennanga factory shift maadhiri solreenga.

Bala (Karthik)
6th July 2012, 04:37 PM
:shabbaa: :shock: :rotfl:

venkkiram
6th July 2012, 04:37 PM
They were locals. For Vishwaroop he has multiple aims. Athu vera ithu vera. More than "local" factor, I guess Kamal(/Kamal's producers) will go for someone else if any rift/misunderstanding/unavailability.

KV
6th July 2012, 04:39 PM
:lol:

seettu kulukki pOttu paathu seyvaangala irukkum. illa saaboothree.
enna kandraviya irundhaalum, bottomline onnu dhan - 'indhi market' piththu ozhiga.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
6th July 2012, 04:40 PM
wud be, may be nnu pottaa, emoticons um maybe thaan

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
6th July 2012, 04:44 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2199711/fullcredits#cast

Original Music by
Shankar Mahadevan
Loy Mendonsa
Ehsaan Noorani

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vishwaroopam#Cast

So there is no outsourcing. Peace, guys

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
6th July 2012, 04:46 PM

Irukka vaaippe illaiyaa enna?!? All 3 will stand before same Keyboard, (that too for Shankar Mahadevan, a full size 88 key piano only will suffice) and divide octaves and compose at same time aa?!?

P_R
6th July 2012, 04:54 PM
irukkalaam.
But the way you said it sounded funny. adhaan oruthanukku mooNu pErA irukkeengalla... oruththan OdippOyi BGM pOdu pO! :lol2:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
6th July 2012, 04:57 PM
ஓ, அதச்சொன்னிஹளா?!? ஓகேஓகே :) எனக்கும் சிப்பு வந்துருச்! :lol2:

Srimannarayanan
6th July 2012, 05:07 PM
Sila pala Post-ngalam Pullarikka Vaikkuthu.... Athavathu ARR kitta porathu "only" for commercial reasons.. :bow:

Siv.S

I am hardcore ARR Fan.

My only concern is why should kamal goes to SEL,HIMESH only for Bolloywood market when he has ARR in his own state. It is just like kani iruppa kaai kavarthatru madhiri.

If you see my first post, i mentioned ARR would have done wonders for these kind of movies. For me ARR is best .

ajaybaskar
6th July 2012, 05:14 PM
Sriman,

The answer is right there in the reply of Sakala. That chemistry is not there between the two. If it was Rajni 50, I don't think ARR would've stopped with just the wishing in the stage part.

Cinemarasigan
6th July 2012, 06:23 PM
Sriman,

The answer is right there in the reply of Sakala. That chemistry is not there between the two. If it was Rajni 50, I don't think ARR would've stopped with just the wishing in the stage part.

point to be noted...

Ramakrishna
6th July 2012, 06:30 PM
In the recent Vijay awards, Kamal addressed ARR as Mozart of Madras when they were on stage giving an award to SPB.

He was all over the north media praising ARR when he got the oscars.

During Dasa promotions, he even talked about approaching ARR for the project and how ARR was more open and sensible while another composer pooh-poohed the concept.

All these suggest that there is no enmity between them now and there is a good chance of them joining together for a movie.

P_R
6th July 2012, 06:43 PM
>digr.>
Everytime I read Sriman as Simran..oru aavalaa padikka aarambichchA :oops:
<<

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
6th July 2012, 06:45 PM
Yes, Sreeman Naaraayanan, no it is?!

Nasc
6th July 2012, 06:58 PM
UN Kamal,then wife sariga,sruthi ... mattrum palar -
wat a difference - gindhi crowd thronging thalaivar during the appu raja premiere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=N_p_HtazHkc&NR=1

Mahen
6th July 2012, 07:07 PM
WOW..Nice share

irir123
6th July 2012, 09:37 PM
Something tells me, KH will prefer DSP,SEL and etc than IR in future.

hahaa! unga aasaya naan yaen kedukka poren ? Kamal IR kitta pogaamaley irukkattum - pogalennu yaarunga azhudhaanga ? ponaa nallarukkumnu thaana solrom ?

for sure, he might not go for IR, unless, the situation demands IR ! if Kamal seriously does a project for himself and thinks only IR can do justice, he will most certainly go to IR without hesitation!

btw - not withstanding IR's flash of genius to recreate the Hey Ram score for scenes already shot, it most definitely needed Kamal extracting the same out of IR - avaru pizhinju edukkara aalu - in an early 1990s interview, when IR was asked "amongst all film makers, who is the most difficult to work with in terms of their demands in the music creation ?" - IR replied "Kamal is a taskmaster - he won't accept until he gets what he wants" or something along those lines!

i seriously doubt if Kamal's work ethic of 'naan karakkaama vida maattaen', will go well with ARR's work ethic of 'give me the project and come back after a month's time'

and also methinks - based on what IR once said as well - Kamal has the capacity to contribute to a film's score himself like how Eastwood does - so wait until a few hollywood features happen - he himself might score somewhere down the line!

venkkiram
6th July 2012, 09:42 PM
ARR's work ethic of 'give me the project and come back after a month's time' Sir, என்னவோ பக்கத்துல இருந்து பார்த்த மாதிரி இவ்வளவு ஆணித்தரமா சொல்றிங்க?

irir123
6th July 2012, 09:47 PM
Sir, என்னவோ பக்கத்துல இருந்து பார்த்த மாதிரி இவ்வளவு ஆணித்தரமா சொல்றிங்க?

ARR oru varusha time framela, enna on an average 40 padathukku music poduraaraa enna ? ellaam anga inga kaettadhum, no of albums per year vachhum oru yoogam thaan

i could be wrong of course

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
6th July 2012, 10:17 PM
கமலுக்கு ரஹ்மானின் வேகம் ஒரு பிரச்சனையாயிருந்தால் மர்மயோகிக்கு போயிருக்க மாட்டார். சொல்லப்போனால் தசாவதாரம் செய்ய இயலாதென ரஹ்மான் சொன்னதும், அதர்கேற்றாற்போல், மர்மயோகிக்கு, வெகு முன்னரே கமல் ரஹ்மானிடம் சென்றுவிட்டார். 2 பாடல்கள் கம்போசிங், பதிவு(?) கூட முடிந்துவிட்டதாக செய்தி வந்தது.

ஆனால், பின்னாளில் கமல் சொன்னதைவைத்து பார்க்கும்போது, கமல், ஒரு இசையமைப்பாளரை சந்திக்கும்போது, சுந்தந்திரமாக நிறைய பேசுவார் என தெரிகிறது. அவரேகூட சொல்லி இருக்கிறார். இத்தனைக்கும் ராஜா பிசியாக இருந்த காலகட்டங்களிலும் கூட இதுதான் நிலைமை! கிரேசி மோஹனுடன் வசனம் எழுத சந்திக்கும்போதும் கூட, படம் பற்றி சற்றே தொடர்பில்லாத விஷயங்களை விரிவாக பேசுவார். இது அந்தப்படத்திற்கு அல்லது எதிர்காலத்தில் வேறு படத்திற்கோ கூட உதவக்கூடும் என கமல் எண்ணுகிறார். ரஹ்மான், கமல் சற்று நீளமாக சிச்சுவேஷன் சொன்னதையே வசதிப்படாதது போல் இருந்துள்ளார். அவர் வொர்க்கிங் ஸ்டைல் அப்படியாயிருக்கலாம். மிக முக்கியமான இன்புட்ஸ் மட்டும் வாங்கிக்கொண்டு அத்தோடு நிறுத்திக்கொண்டு கம்போசிங் குக்கு சென்று விடுவது...

ஆக, இந்த ஒரு விஷயத்தில் கமல் ஒத்துப்போகாமையை இருவரிடமுமே கண்டிருக்கக்கூடும். இவர்கள் சேராமலிருக்க இது ஒரு காரணமாகக்கூடும்.

இன்னொன்று, ஒரு இசையமைப்பாளர், ஒரு குறிப்பிட்ட பெரிய நடிகரின் படத்திற்கு வேலை செய்ய விரும்பினால், அந்த ஆசையை கொண்டுசேர்க்க பல தூதுவர்கள் கிடைப்பர். ஆனால், ரஹ்மானிடமும் கூட, ஒருவித அசௌகரியம் தெரிந்துகொண்டே இருக்கிறது.

Srimannarayanan
6th July 2012, 11:57 PM
>digr.>
Everytime I read Sriman as Simran..oru aavalaa padikka aarambichchA :oops:
<<

P_R

We already met in one of the hub meet in Nungambakkam. I dont know how you still read my id as Simran,?

Bala (Karthik)
7th July 2012, 02:08 AM
Thanks Nasc

UN Kamal,then wife sariga,sruthi ... mattrum palar -
wat a difference - gindhi crowd thronging thalaivar during the appu raja premiere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=N_p_HtazHkc&NR=1

kid-glove
7th July 2012, 02:17 AM
P_R

We already met in one of the hub meet in Nungambakkam. I dont know how you still read my id as Simran,?

Well now you know what he thought of you

NOV
7th July 2012, 07:30 AM
Kamal should work with GVP next.. dont waste time flogging dead horses :devil:

P_R
7th July 2012, 07:35 AM
P_R

Of course. NaanE Sriman-nu dhaanE ezhudhuvEn.
But padikkasollo oru kiLukiLuppAna confusion.

Ramkumar86
7th July 2012, 10:01 AM
well now you know what he thought of you

:p :d ...............

Bala (Karthik)
7th July 2012, 05:00 PM
No Kamal should try to get Justin Bieber's dates or Lady Gaga's. The rest are history. This sentence will be valid only for the next 5 minutes after which NOV will publish the next set of dead and alive artists

Anban
7th July 2012, 05:37 PM

Gvp is crap

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Tapatalk

NOV
7th July 2012, 05:42 PM
Gvp is crapyou will repent in 2013 when he becomes Kamal's aasthaana MD :lol:

Well Bala, more people will listen if JB or LG scores :lol2:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
7th July 2012, 05:55 PM
you will repent in 2013 when he becomes Kamal's aasthaana MD :lol:

Well Bala, more people will listen if JB or LG scores :lol2:

Olagam azhiya 10 nimits irukkappo appadi oru sambavam nadakka saans irukku

Mahen
7th July 2012, 07:20 PM
If gvp is crap, then DSP is crap x2..but wait a minute DSP is suppose to be next to IR rite.. :)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
7th July 2012, 07:28 PM
DSP 10x crap nnu kooda sollikkunga. That doesn't make GVP any better

Balaji.r
7th July 2012, 07:30 PM
DSP 10x crap nnu kooda sollikkunga. That doesn't make GVP any better

Exactly.

Mahen
7th July 2012, 07:37 PM
amanga gvp worsttu..thats the reason bala/BR/Vetrimaran/Kashayp etc are picking him...how dumb the directors could be..our hubbers :bow:

Balaji.r
7th July 2012, 07:46 PM
oh. only if a music director works with bala/BR/Vetrimaran/Kashayp they are called music director, mathavanga ellam?

Mahen
7th July 2012, 07:50 PM
Its ok you dont get my point..so leave it :wave:

Prabo
7th July 2012, 08:18 PM
amanga gvp worsttu..thats the reason bala/BR/Vetrimaran/Kashayp etc are picking him...how dumb the directors could be..our hubbers :bow:

All songs and most of the BGM work for GoW was done by Sneha Khanwalkar and Piyush Mishra...... GVP contribution is very limited...... payapulla itha pathi engaeyum vaaya thirakamaatraan.... ithula vara credits-ku koochapadaama thanks vera sollraan

Balaji.r
7th July 2012, 08:25 PM
Its ok you dont get my point..so leave it :wave:

Theriyum, theriyum. we are not talking about the IQ of a director, Are we? And yuvan has worked with bala for 2 movies. if GVP had vetri, yuvan had Ameer, ram etc. what is the argument about?

Mahen
8th July 2012, 03:57 AM
All songs and most of the BGM work for GoW was done by Sneha Khanwalkar and Piyush Mishra...... GVP contribution is very limited...... payapulla itha pathi engaeyum vaaya thirakamaatraan.... ithula vara credits-ku koochapadaama thanks vera sollraan

Bgm is done by him..credits-le irukum

Mahen
8th July 2012, 03:59 AM
Theriyum, theriyum. we are not talking about the IQ of a director, Are we? And yuvan has worked with bala for 2 movies. if GVP had vetri, yuvan had Ameer, ram etc. what is the argument about?

Those directors give importance to music..so if gvp is useless,why are they are using him?obviously talent rite?

NOV
8th July 2012, 07:33 AM
Mahen, leave it... IR-kku kedaikaadha kal-adiyaa? kanintha maram etc :lol:
good to see ppl feeling threatened :lol2: payya netchayam munnEriduvaan :thumbsup:

waiting for Kamal to use him soon....

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th July 2012, 07:43 AM
GVP is giving hits, getting saans, nnui accept pannikkitta piragum, athukkum mela neenga ethirpaakkureenga, antha build-up thaan undeserved ngurom. And also he hasn't built his basic foundation itself. Ithachonnaa, udane, avara paathu bayappaduraangaLaamaam! AvvaLo sathamaavaa kEkkuthuuu :rotfl:

Both TFm and bollywood, epperpatta thillaalangadis ellaam irukkaanga. intha payalukku saans kedachittaa udane naang abayanthuruvomaa?!?

And going by that logic, Anti-IR fans afraid of him since he got GVM offer nnu sonnaa neenga accept pannikkuveengaLaa?!? Ungalukku oru niyaayam oorukku oru niyaayam.

This Vijay Awards, Venkat prabhu oepnly asked on stage why Yuvan's Mangatha was not taken for nomination. Nominate senju appuram vera yaarukkaachum award kudunga thats ok, but nomination laye illennaa?!? It pretty much exposes the presence of politics!

Now thats adifferent topic, don't club everything, discuss seperately. Politics, Plagiarism, Saans, hits, Blockbuster, Talent, Originality, ellaamE vera vera

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th July 2012, 07:45 AM
Saans kkum reccomendation kkum nerukkamaana sammantham irukku. Not that it is right or wrong. for ex, even Karthik Raja composing for Kaathalaa Kaathalaa, some form of influence irukka vaaippu irukku. So influence, reccomendation ellam was present, is present, will be present. Saans ellaam oru matteraa, kedacha saans la eppadi sixer adikkuraangaLo athaane matter, talent?!?

Balaji.r
8th July 2012, 09:02 AM
good to see ppl feeling threatened :lol2: payya netchayam munnEriduvaan :thumbsup:

waiting for Kamal to use him soon....

:lol2: :lol2:

NOV
8th July 2012, 09:06 AM
:lol2: :lol2:not you balaji... specifically sakala... he is going on and on abt GVP than the so called fans :lol:

sakala was my test case for walrus :lol:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th July 2012, 09:56 AM
Sometimes i forget to read NOV's signature, its very true!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th July 2012, 10:09 AM
tons of tweets yesterday as the IIFA was aired on TV. Also some tweets on yesterday;s Filmfare.

Posted in Orkut, all kinds of comments r there. can get a glimpse of what north Indians think abt Kamalji

22m Ananya Gambhir ‏@gambhirmaamla
Kamal hassan is trending. Also nine other trending topics that are actually Kamal Hassan in disguise.

That Tall Guy ‏@ItsKushalShah
#IIFA {#SRK + #SALMANKHAN + #BIGB + #HRITIK = #KamalHasan } . #Okbai

Kuldeep Sharma ‏@KuldeepSharrma
Great to see India's best actor: Kamal Hassan. #IIFA

Nidheesh Narayanan ‏@nidheeshn
@shrutihaasan Does Kamal Haasan have a twitter account or FB page?

10m akansha singh ‏@akanshaa
wow everything sad is trending in india except Rekha and Prabhu Deva and Rishi Kapoor and Kamal Hassan #Fail

12m IIFAAwardsOfficial ‏@IIFAOfficial
Kamal Hassan sir on stage to present the #IIFA Performance In A Lead Role Female to @RealVidyaBalan

11m Baavri Bewdeee ‏@BurgerrB
Kamal Hassan - The Voice. The Man. *sigh*

23m Filmfare ‏@filmfare
Shruti Haasan is killing it on the stage with her chartbusters. Dad Kamal Haasan is cheering for her from the audience #filmfareawardssouth

40m emkay ‏@emkay456
Vidya Balan getting leading actress award from Kamal Hassan #iffa

49m Star Gold ‏@StarGoldIndia
Legends on stage - Mr Rishi Kapoor, Javed Akhtarji, Kamal Hassan with Ramesh Sippy #IIFA What a rejoice

50m Shoumik De-fault ‏@TheSolutionBaba
Kamal Hassan on stage. For my #IIFA is done.

51m Div (Chinese Samosa) ‏@divya_moorjani
Ufffffffffff kamal Hassan speaks and somewhere I regret not knowing him personally.

51m Stu. ‏@SaaliKhushi
Kamal Haasan. Dude. Dude. Dude. *sighs deeply* Dude.

54m Filmfare ‏@filmfare
Mahesh Babu, Deepika Padukone, Vikram, Surya, Kamal Hassan, Tamannah... Phew! All these and many more under one roof. #FilmfareAwardsSouth.

1h Shahul Rauther Kecil ‏@shahuldawood
That's kamal. Cine Wikipedia, RT @raggedtag: Kamal Hassan has a strange accent and baritone

1h AshDubey ‏@ash_dubey
Prabhu Deva just showed on #iifa what is real talent.. Shahids/Farhaans need to learn. Kamal Hassan sitting peacefully smiling!

1h இளைய தளபதி ரசிகன் ‏@J_Shanujan
Kamal Hassan Presented The Best Debut Female Award To Daughter @ShrutiHaasan !! Great Moments.. Congrats Shruti

1h Nattu ‏@VijayAnban
apdi onnum nalla sight Illapa :p RT @filmfare: Moment of the evening just happened. Kamal Hassan presented (cont) http://wl.gs/4sQlB

1h ✗ Junglee Billi ✗ ‏@Masakali_
It's always pleasing to see Mr.Kamal Hassan

1h KollyBuzz ‏@KollyBuzz
Daughter receive the award for the best debut actress from her father. Yes, Kamal Haasan prsented the award to @shrutihaasan

1h Filmfare ‏@filmfare
Moment of the evening just happened. Kamal Hassan presented the Best Debut Female Award to daughter Shruti Hassan. What a sight!

2h Vivek Ranjit ‏@vivekranjit
Kamal Haasan Sir, Mahesh Babu, Salimkumar, Karthi and a lot more stars are here.. #filmfare

2h KollyBuzz ‏@KollyBuzz
Ulaganayagan Kamal Hassan has just walked in the auditorium. The cheers and whistles have to be heard to be believed! #FilmfareAwardsSouth

IIFAAwardsOfficial ‏@IIFAOfficial
Kamal Hassan sir on stage to present the #IIFA Performance In A Lead Role Female to @RealVidyaBalan

16m Baavri Bewdeee ‏@BurgerrB
Kamal Hassan - The Voice. The Man. *sigh*

44m emkay ‏@emkay456
Vidya Balan getting leading actress award from Kamal Hassan #iffa

54m Star Gold ‏@StarGoldIndia
Legends on stage - Mr Rishi Kapoor, Javed Akhtarji, Kamal Hassan with Ramesh Sippy #IIFA What a rejoice

54m Shoumik De-fault ‏@TheSolutionBaba
Kamal Hassan on stage. For my #IIFA is done.

55m Div (Chinese Samosa) ‏@divya_moorjani
Ufffffffffff kamal Hassan speaks and somewhere I regret not knowing him personally.

59m Filmfare ‏@filmfare
Mahesh Babu, Deepika Padukone, Vikram, Surya, Kamal Hassan, Tamannah... Phew! All these and many more under one roof. #FilmfareAwardsSouth.

1h Shahul Rauther Kecil ‏@shahuldawood
That's kamal. Cine Wikipedia, RT @raggedtag: Kamal Hassan has a strange accent and baritone

1h AshDubey ‏@ash_dubey
Prabhu Deva just showed on #iifa what is real talent.. Shahids/Farhaans need to learn. Kamal Hassan sitting peacefully smiling!

1h Ra Ch Na ‏@raggedtag
Kamal Hassan has a strange accent and baritone

1h இளைய தளபதி ரசிகன் ‏@J_Shanujan
Kamal Hassan Presented The Best Debut Female Award To Daughter @ShrutiHaasan !! Great Moments.. Congrats Shruti
e
1h Nattu ‏@VijayAnban
apdi onnum nalla sight Illapa :p RT @filmfare: Moment of the evening just happened. Kamal Hassan presented (cont) http://wl.gs/4sQlB

1h ✗ Junglee Billi ✗ ‏@Masakali_
It's always pleasing to see Mr.Kamal Hassan

1h Filmfare ‏@filmfare
Moment of the evening just happened. Kamal Hassan presented the Best Debut Female Award to daughter Shruti Hassan. What a sight!

2h KollyBuzz ‏@KollyBuzz
Ulaganayagan Kamal Hassan has just walked in the auditorium. The cheers and whistles have to be heard to be believed! #FilmfareAwardsSouth

Chinmaya Das ‏@Chin_das
"I have workshiped you my whole life" - Vidya balan to kamal hasan. #IIF

Real Name ‏@upayogkartanaam
Much more than that.. “@aanchalator: Kamal Hasan, our very own Richard Gere. The man is something else. So much respect.

TheBlackMagicWoman ‏@aanchalator
Kamal Hasan, our very own Richard Gere. The man is something else. So much respect.

Brown Sahiba ‏@Rajyasree
What's with Kamal Hasan's UK-American accent? He acted in Ramesh Sippy's "Saageh"! He and Sallu must have gone to the same diction coach.

♚☞Gajodhar Bhayiya☜☺ ‏@GajodharBhayiya
Kamal hasan! Truly a legend and resembles sylvister stollane of bollywood! #IIFA

1h Wake up Sid ‏@idrinkcoldwater
RT ----> @Irfanomania Everytym I see Kamal Hasan on tv,it reminds me of 'Chachi 420'

1h Abhishek Dubey ‏@dubsabhi
Kamal Hasan looks like he can still play a young lover's role. #Ageless (Not giving him ideas though)

1h pratibha mehra ‏@Irfanomania
Everytym I see Kamal Hasan on tv,it reminds me of 'Chachi 420'

1h Saloni Sharma ‏@Dishkyaaaoon
Chachi 420 , Appu Raja..Kamal Hasan :* #Thankyou #IIFA

1h Rushiket Joshi ‏@RushiketJoshi
Kamal Hasan Salute ! Honour ! No words for you sir

1h Dhiraj ‏@Chindhi_Chor
salute to kamal hasan sir #IIFA

1h Purvi Shah ‏@Puvi_
Kamal Hasan reminds me of Mr. Bean.

1h Prachi L ‏@Prachi_licious
Yayyy Kamal Hasan on stage

1h Ayush Rajawat ‏@AyushRajawat
Kamal Hasan, Rishi Kapur, Javed Akhtar, Ramesh sippy on the stage !!

1h STAR Plus ‏@StarPlus_India
#IIFA karta hai Ramesh Sippy ko salaam & Kamal Hasan joins Rishi Kapoor on stage to do the honors. Are you enjoying the show?

1h Disha Bhandari ‏@TheChinki
I am falling in love with Kamal Hasan #IIFA #Singapore

1h Shibani ‏@Doveye
Kamal Hasan.. you're still awesome

1h ~S~ ‏@neurondoctrine
For me, his spellings do that. RT @Karthik287: Shahid Kapoor dancing to Kamal Hasan's & Rajinikanth's signature songs. *Blows Brains Out*

1h Karthik Subramaniam ‏@Karthik287
Shahid Kapoor dancing to Kamal Hasan's & Rajinikanth's signature songs. *Blows Brains Out*

2h Prachi L ‏@Prachi_licious
Kamal Hasan is my bachpan ka pyaar!!! I've seen Appu Raja, Pushpak, Sadma and ek duje ke liye 1000 tyms!

2h Uditvanu Das ‏@primaveron
YUS!! RT @Prachi_licious: I WANT KAMAL HASAN to dance on aaya re raja! Uff plz plz plz

2h Prachi L ‏@Prachi_licious
I WANT KAMAL HASAN to dance on aaya re raja! Uff plz plz plz 2h Filmfare ‏@filmfare
That's Kamal Hassan for you! He seems delighted to watch daughter Shruti at the #FilmfareAwardsSouth. http://lockerz.com/s/223054716

3h « Ðнгцv » ‏@Trolled_Kid
@item_boyy Kamal hasan small star?#JustAsking

4h Kalyani Bansode ‏@full2nautanki
telephone dhun me hasne wali!!.had almost 4got d song..thank god it played while Kamal Hasan walked the green carpet at IIFA Awards..

abhi ‏@item_boyy
rekha ,vidya balan, nargis fakhri, kamal haasan , deepika padukone , south film fare awards , IIFA are trending.. wow

Chaitanya Dantuluri ‏@chaitanyahead
Kamal Hassan's "Vishwaroopam" Official Trailer II :

Dhiraj ‏@Chindhi_Chor
did anyone notice when Shahids/Farhaans were doing bogus performance,that time Kamal Hassan was sitting peacefully ...and smiling

Ajith ‏@ajith27
RT @gambhirmaamla: Kamal hassan is trending. Also nine other trending topics that are actually Kamal Hassan in disguise

akansha singh ‏@akanshaa
wow everything sad is trending in india except Rekha and Prabhu Deva and Rishi Kapoor and Kamal Hassan #Fail

Amrita Tanna ‏@Amr1ta
What a moment! Rishi Kapoor and Kamal Hassan together one 1 platform... Their film #Saagar is one of my fave soundtracks! #iifa

Madura ‏@madura015
Looking fwd to kamal Hassan's new film vishwaroopam -this mans acting ability is next level #Realtalk

Parthiv Chinnasamy ‏@Parthiv12
Kamalhaasan's birthday is on Nov 7th and @shreyaghoshal di has won 7 south filmfares! Yayyy! :D

ameesha prabhu ‏@ameeshaprabhu
#iifa kamalhasan looks bored! Like "what am I doing here?" expression!! And sridevi in yellow!! Really?? *grimace*

Lesle Lewis ‏@LesleLewis
'@IIFAOfficial Hanging with the fabulously talented #KamalHassan :-) http://pic.twitter.com/OXujm8Of

2h Filmfare ‏@filmfare
That's Kamal Hassan for you! He seems delighted to watch daughter Shruti at the #FilmfareAwardsSouth. http://lockerz.com/s/223054716

MADDY
8th July 2012, 11:13 AM
oh. only if a music director works with bala/BR/Vetrimaran/Kashayp they are called music director, mathavanga ellam?

i think Mahen has a point here.........there used to be mr.judge, san_K and other u1, KR fans who felt proud abt YSR and KR getting associations with good directors so it is obvious that GVP fans too feel proud abt it...........now, u cant say that working with big directors is not a "big thing" :-) .......

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th July 2012, 11:20 AM
Fans will always feel proud for great associations. But they are limited to fans right? Performance and outcome is the final yardstick to judge

MADDY
8th July 2012, 11:44 AM
Fans will always feel proud for great associations. But they are limited to fans right? Performance and outcome is the final yardstick to judge

ferfarmans - adhu vera department............but now, balaji saying "wats the big deal" is surprising given its really a big deal :-)

ennanga andha payyan idhu varaikkum onnum pannamalayeva all these directors are going to him? and that too, 3-4 top directors all at one time........it is indeed a proud moment and it is proof that the boy has done "something" .........

that "something" doesent work for me is another thing :lol:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th July 2012, 12:06 PM
Though background reccomendation is going to stay here(refer to my post where i say KR getting Kaathalaax2 itself is some 'influence') a Saans is a Saans no matter what. And he got this 2 - Bala & Barathiraja. I go with Nerd, Barathiraja is a poottupotta suitcase, no big use, but Bala film is surely something the boy can cheer.

But again, he is one to not make good use of a Rajini film itself. So, I look fot outcome. Nallaarunthaa paaraatta thayangamaatten.

HonestRaj
8th July 2012, 12:36 PM
adutha multi starrer'ku adi pOtuttanga..

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/561114_263794570391023_662910260_n.jpg

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th July 2012, 12:54 PM
http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=TOINEW&BaseHref=TOICH/2012/07/08&PageLabel=3&EntityId=Ar00308&ViewMode=HTML

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Repository/getimage.dll?path=TOICH/2012/07/08/3/Img/Pc0031200.jpg

ONE MORE FOR THE FAMILY COLLECTION

AN AWARD CLOSE TO HER HEART: Shruti Haasan receives the Best Debut Actress award from actor-father Kamal Haasan, himself a proud owner of 19 awards for Best Actor, Story and Film, at the 59th Idea Filmfare Awards (South) function at the Nehru Indoor Stadium in Chennai on Saturday

Balaji.r
8th July 2012, 12:57 PM
ferfarmans - adhu vera department............but now, balaji saying "wats the big deal" is surprising given its really a big deal :-)

We were not talking if gvp has talent or not. If GVP has BR, VMaran, kashya(BGM alone) in his kitty. Same way u1 has VVardhan, Ameer, Ram. Is best MD based on current project/direcor one currently working on and not based on output?

Kashyap filmla gvp enna pannar? Kuselan music was by GVP. what was the output? I dont remember one good number from that album. I agree,lot depends on director as well.

BR : frankly not a big deal. padam vantha piragu thaan comment solla mudiyum.

Anban
8th July 2012, 03:06 PM
Search "kamal hassan" in twitter .. we can get the answer to why kamal still makes movies in Hindi

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th July 2012, 03:28 PM

Kamal hassan is trending. Also nine other trending topics that are actually Kamal Hassan in disguise.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th July 2012, 05:45 PM
onlynikil Nikil Murugan 2h
Ulaganayagan with Shruthi haasan in Filmfare awards...at chennai pic.twitter.com/9xrH8cyi

https://p.twimg.com/AxRjddeCMAAHDaO.jpg:large

http://nikhilscinema.com/events/ulaganayagan-kamal-haasan-at-59th-filmfare-awards.html

http://nikhilscinema.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Kamal-Haasan-at-59th-Filmfare-Awards-17.jpg

http://nikhilscinema.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Kamal-Haasan-at-59th-Filmfare-Awards-3.jpg

HonestRaj
8th July 2012, 06:48 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/534740_263858997051247_2015442752_n.jpg

hattori_hanzo
8th July 2012, 07:51 PM
:-(

Why is everyone still spelling his name as Kamal HaSSan and not Kamal Haasan?

irir123
9th July 2012, 06:29 PM
I think FICCI meetings are important for discussing issues like entertainment tax etc etc, and the apt platform for taking such issues to the govt

SoftSword
9th July 2012, 07:14 PM
sabbaa..
sabbbaa...
sabbbaa....

plis to put this between every 25 posts in the past few pages...

SoftSword
9th July 2012, 07:15 PM
கமலுக்கு ரஹ்மானின் வேகம் ஒரு பிரச்சனையாயிருந்தால் மர்மயோகிக்கு போயிருக்க மாட்டார். சொல்லப்போனால் தசாவதாரம் செய்ய இயலாதென ரஹ்மான் சொன்னதும், அதர்கேற்றாற்போல், மர்மயோகிக்கு, வெகு முன்னரே கமல் ரஹ்மானிடம் சென்றுவிட்டார். 2 பாடல்கள் கம்போசிங், பதிவு(?) கூட முடிந்துவிட்டதாக செய்தி வந்தது.

ஆனால், பின்னாளில் கமல் சொன்னதைவைத்து பார்க்கும்போது, கமல், ஒரு இசையமைப்பாளரை சந்திக்கும்போது, சுந்தந்திரமாக நிறைய பேசுவார் என தெரிகிறது. அவரேகூட சொல்லி இருக்கிறார். இத்தனைக்கும் ராஜா பிசியாக இருந்த காலகட்டங்களிலும் கூட இதுதான் நிலைமை! கிரேசி மோஹனுடன் வசனம் எழுத சந்திக்கும்போதும் கூட, படம் பற்றி சற்றே தொடர்பில்லாத விஷயங்களை விரிவாக பேசுவார். இது அந்தப்படத்திற்கு அல்லது எதிர்காலத்தில் வேறு படத்திற்கோ கூட உதவக்கூடும் என கமல் எண்ணுகிறார். ரஹ்மான், கமல் சற்று நீளமாக சிச்சுவேஷன் சொன்னதையே வசதிப்படாதது போல் இருந்துள்ளார். அவர் வொர்க்கிங் ஸ்டைல் அப்படியாயிருக்கலாம். மிக முக்கியமான இன்புட்ஸ் மட்டும் வாங்கிக்கொண்டு அத்தோடு நிறுத்திக்கொண்டு கம்போசிங் குக்கு சென்று விடுவது...

ஆக, இந்த ஒரு விஷயத்தில் கமல் ஒத்துப்போகாமையை இருவரிடமுமே கண்டிருக்கக்கூடும். இவர்கள் சேராமலிருக்க இது ஒரு காரணமாகக்கூடும்.

இன்னொன்று, ஒரு இசையமைப்பாளர், ஒரு குறிப்பிட்ட பெரிய நடிகரின் படத்திற்கு வேலை செய்ய விரும்பினால், அந்த ஆசையை கொண்டுசேர்க்க பல தூதுவர்கள் கிடைப்பர். ஆனால், ரஹ்மானிடமும் கூட, ஒருவித அசௌகரியம் தெரிந்துகொண்டே இருக்கிறது.

edho biographyla irundhu quote panra maadhiri eludhareenga...

SoftSword
9th July 2012, 07:16 PM
KSR is the producer of Tenaali. That was his 1st and last film. So it no wonder KSR wanted ARR for a kamal film which he produces for 1st time.

Later, KSR asked calsheet for a kamal film, for his 2nd home production but it didn't realize. In lieu of which kamal gave KSR directorial offers

idhukku KSR aasappadiyae vitrukkalaam.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
9th July 2012, 07:21 PM
KSR fans appadi aasai padurathu avanga ishtam

SoftSword
9th July 2012, 07:23 PM
enna sollirukkanga'nu purinjukkaama neenga reply podradhula aacharyamae illa..

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
9th July 2012, 07:26 PM
romba vague aa post pannaa appadi thaan bathil post poda thoNum, verenna seyya

KlamRoyA
9th July 2012, 07:27 PM
kammon.. kalai kattattum... :lol2:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
9th July 2012, 07:31 PM
kammon.. kalai kattattum... :lol2:

mothalla avar bathil sollattum, appuram paakkalaam

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
9th July 2012, 09:36 PM
As expected, Softsword didn't respond :lol:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
9th July 2012, 09:54 PM
Kamal at FICCI even in chennai, today

http://local.twitpicproxy.com/web16/img/614381139-af515290dd07cd4100ba13635f4e39cf.4ffb0708-full.jpg

KlamRoyA
9th July 2012, 09:59 PM
As expected, Softsword didn't respond :lol:

avar ooty convent'la gold medalist.. reply panna maattaru.. :lol:

app_engine
9th July 2012, 10:16 PM
dig

Sad to see Bharathiraja being slighted here :-(

What if IR (or YSR) had been signed up for 'annakkodiyum kodi veeranum'? :roll: It would have been hailed as "history being rewritten etc" by IRFF's. (first F for family)

Who knows, he may still do a nice film in his own village turf. New partnerships (like GVP now) could still stir up some new ideas in him.

Anyways, it's not like we have too many "great" directors in TF today! The last product of MR was rAvaN. Of Shankar was 3 idiots' ditto. Vasanthabalan (after veyil & angAdiththeru) did aravAn. Other hot directors are not more than a couple of films old. There again, not many have fresh / original ideas - definitely not many that're rooted in local maN!

Tell me any current TF director who had done > 5 movies and can be "sure-shot-expected" to give another great movie?

There's NONE :mad: I see apprehensions in the viswaroop thread about even KH delivering goods as a director today :lol2:

So, don't write this maNNin maindhan BR off!
(Didn't Hariharan, the ace Malayalam veteran who didn't deliver much for more than 15 years -90's & early 00's- come back with a pazhassi rAjA in 2009?)

end-dig

SoftSword
9th July 2012, 10:22 PM
lol... i read it as aranaakkodi veeran... (adhula enna lol... aranaakkodi'naa kevalamaa??)
BR ellaam timeout'nga... oru padam rendu padamnaa paravaalla... kadasiya avar edutthadhulayae nalla padam edhu sollunga paappom...? ellaarum otthukkavenaam... atleast oru 40% hubbers should acknowledge its good...

P.S: plis to exclude tajmagan, the masterpiece...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
9th July 2012, 10:30 PM
Posting something incomplete and not answering abt it further, good tekkiinikki! Hereafter i will follow this in Rajini thread

app_engine
9th July 2012, 10:34 PM
kadasiya avar edutthadhulayae nalla padam edhu sollunga paappom...?

nAn kadasiyA pAththadhu nAdOdiththenRal :mrgreen:

Didn't see any after that :oops: Well, that's related to my IR fanatism. adhukkAga, 16 vayadhinilE / sigappu rOjAkkaL directorai KHF's simbly thookki eRivadhai eppadi sahikka mudiyum?

Well, going by awards, he did get one in 2001 (kadal pookkaL). And there're many in the hub who hail his collab with ARR in 2004 as one of the best albums of that decade (KKS - again, I've never heard the songs...but the project supposedly introduced a NA winning actress to TF).

That way, he is in a better position than Hariharan (who did deliver a biggie after so many years)...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
9th July 2012, 10:55 PM
App, he can take good movies, agreed. In fact i enjoyed his Bommalaattam, which was mild success. BR movies will be as good as it was but the imp.point to note is, his Trend is outdated and he cannot change that similar to the current youth directors! Same problem which IR has(and successfully overcomes :) )

app_engine
9th July 2012, 11:10 PM
his Trend is outdated

Disagree.

He never had "his trend", based on my observation of him for a decade :-)

Please compare 16V to sigappu R to OKD to MM to KK - there's not much in common IMSO.

He is adaptive and versatile.

That doesn't mean I'm endorsing kodiveeran blindly and automatically :lol2:

All I'm saying is it's possible that he makes yet another movie as per the expectations of the movie going public. (Of course, there could be problems in marketing. The commerical setup that makes some good products stuggle to even get theaters can make his movie a non-starter. Remember how Myskin struggled to release NL even after having both his prior movies hits).

app_engine
9th July 2012, 11:13 PM
Talking about trend, it's reported that 'karNan' is the biggest hit in TN in recent times :wink:

hattori_hanzo
9th July 2012, 11:16 PM
There was a BR movie released after Kizhakku Cheemayile - 'Andhi Mandharai'. Havent seen but I heard it was good. Its about elderly parents neglected by their children. ARR dhaane?

hattori_hanzo
9th July 2012, 11:18 PM
Bommalaattam - Yeah I too liked it. Konjam inspired by Al Pacino's Simone (which was a really bad movie). Mild Success ellaam illa Sakala, utter flop.

Balaji.r
9th July 2012, 11:20 PM
There was a BR movie released after Kizhakku Cheemayile - 'Andhi Mandharai'. Havent seen but I heard it was good. Its about elderly parents neglected by their children. ARR dhaane?

yes, ARR. N.Award vaangina gyabagam.

app_engine
9th July 2012, 11:32 PM
Another example of a veteran -78 year old Bapu - delivering a biggie recently (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bapu_(artist)#As_director)

BR is only 71, don't write him off :wink:

Anban
10th July 2012, 12:00 AM
exactly ..

Sigappu rojakal is more stylish and slick than recent movies.. what editing.. what music.. what direction.. unbelievable... i dont think its a Kamal movie.. no chance..
Disagree.

He never had "his trend", based on my observation of him for a decade :-)

Please compare 16V to sigappu R to OKD to MM to KK - there's not much in common IMSO.

He is adaptive and versatile.

That doesn't mean I'm endorsing kodiveeran blindly and automatically :lol2:

All I'm saying is it's possible that he makes yet another movie as per the expectations of the movie going public. (Of course, there could be problems in marketing. The commerical setup that makes some good products stuggle to even get theaters can make his movie a non-starter. Remember how Myskin struggled to release NL even after having both his prior movies hits).

Anban
10th July 2012, 12:16 AM
Maniratnam :rejetted:
Shankar, best director-aa... sema comedy aayidum..
Vasantha Balan.. intha thambi paththi pesurathe paavam..
K Balachandhar .. some interesting movies .. some classics.. not versatile..

Balumahendra .. aniyaayathukku underplay pannuvaaru manusan.. but love some of his films.. innum konjam versatality kaamichurukkalaam..

Barathiraja
superb romantic movies..
can kalakkify in comedy scenes also..
super slick stylish city movie, which not even a few can make today..
gripping action movie..
king of rooted village movies..

and most importantly, pivotal contribution to technical aspects in tamil cinema..

ange inge, song picturisation comedies etc etc ..

but other than that.. the best director Tamil since the color era.. in my humble opinion..

PS: Kamal haasan intha aattathil serthukkolla padavillai..

and Mahendran-nu oruthar irukkaaraam.. ore oru padam thaan paathurukken.. Johny.. decent :)

dig

Sad to see Bharathiraja being slighted here :-(

What if IR (or YSR) had been signed up for 'annakkodiyum kodi veeranum'? :roll: It would have been hailed as "history being rewritten etc" by IRFF's. (first F for family)

Who knows, he may still do a nice film in his own village turf. New partnerships (like GVP now) could still stir up some new ideas in him.

Anyways, it's not like we have too many "great" directors in TF today! The last product of MR was rAvaN. Of Shankar was 3 idiots' ditto. Vasanthabalan (after veyil & angAdiththeru) did aravAn. Other hot directors are not more than a couple of films old. There again, not many have fresh / original ideas - definitely not many that're rooted in local maN!

Tell me any current TF director who had done > 5 movies and can be "sure-shot-expected" to give another great movie?

There's NONE :mad: I see apprehensions in the viswaroop thread about even KH delivering goods as a director today :lol2:

So, don't write this maNNin maindhan BR off!
(Didn't Hariharan, the ace Malayalam veteran who didn't deliver much for more than 15 years -90's & early 00's- come back with a pazhassi rAjA in 2009?)

end-dig

kid-glove
10th July 2012, 12:19 AM
but other than that.. the best director Tamil since the color era.. in my humble opinion..

Peter.

Anban
10th July 2012, 12:31 AM
Peter. ayya, atha neenga sollreengala.. naane enna peter vitturukkenu thiruppi post padichchaa, grammatical mistakes thaan kannukku theriyuthu..

kid-glove
10th July 2012, 12:32 AM
ayya, atha neenga sollreengala..

non-color/color-era-nu lam naan eppo solli irukkEn. Sollu parppOm..

Anban
10th July 2012, 12:35 AM
non-color/color-era-nu lam naan eppo solli irukkEn. Sollu parppOm..
color era-nu ethukku naan sonnennaa, athukku munnaadi tamil cinema thavalnthukittu irunthuchu.. would be unfair to compare those B&W movies with the recent ones..

kid-glove
10th July 2012, 12:36 AM
Oh okay. Neenga remba fair-nga saar.

SoftSword
10th July 2012, 12:47 AM
sakala..
innoru round'aa?????

the last four/five times we argued on any issues, the discussion was going nowhere and pointless(enna chonnaen)... i realized that, and begged pardon, en thappu dhaan, aala udunga etc., appovum udaama ilu ilunu ilukkureenga... enakkae soora mokkayaa dhan irukkum... padikkiravanga nelamaya nenachu paarunga...

innakki argumenta paarunga;

u said this:
Later, KSR asked calsheet for a kamal film, for his 2nd home production but it didn't realize. In lieu of which kamal gave KSR directorial offers.

for which i said:

ksr aasai enna? ksr wanted to produce a kamal movie..
avar produce dhanae pannanumnu aasappadraar, pannittu pogattum, kamal direct pannirukkalaam... panam yaru pOtta enna, product kamal'odadhaa irukkum illa... adha uttutu avarae direct panna vittadhu namakku ellaam loss illayaa?
idhulaam word by word ungalukku ukkaanga explain panninaadhaan puriyumaa....
neenga ennoda post padikkirappove, ivan rajini fan, adhanaala ivan postla kamal'a diss panradhuku edhachum oru hint vechiruppan'ra paarvailayae padicheenganaa, naan maela solla vandhadhu ungalukku kandippa puriya vaaippillai... adha purijukittu dhaan naan adhoda vittutaen...
neenga vitteengalaa...

as expected ss did not respond'nu oru lol'lu vera... (kalaaichitteenga)
udanae namma pandidhar VTV vera 'kaaman kaalai kaattattum'nraar... (avar inga nadakkuradha paatthu sirikkiraaraam)
adhukku neenga 'modhalla avar respond pannattum' (enna madakkitteenga... so ennaala vaayae thorakka mudiyaadhae)
vitteengalaa.. 'i will follow techinikki(word playing to show ur cool in the coversation... yaena neenga dhaan enna kaiyum kalavumaa pudichutteengalae)...i will follow in rajii thread'...

neengalave kamal threadsku ownership assume panikkireenga... unga karutthukku otthukkadha maadhiri yaaru post pannaalum, avanga kooda oru loong argument session ilutthudreenga...
adhu kooda paravaalla... rajini threadku enna owner'a pOttudreenga... naan ungalukku reply pannalaena, adhukku pazhi vaangaradhaa nenachuttu 'ennoda' rajini threads'la vandhu adhae madhiri post pannuvenu solringa... idhukkum ippo naan sirichaalum adha vechu oru argument ilutthuduveenga...

sundarrajan karadi kaiya pudichukittu marattha sutthura nilamaikku enna ilukka paakkareenga... naan ungala epditthaan handle panradhu?
so, let me be the irresponsible, trouble-making-rajini-fan in your kamal threads... i am fine with that designation u award me...

Nerd
10th July 2012, 01:20 AM
SS :clap: (Rajini fan appreciating you of course :lol: )

kid-glove
10th July 2012, 01:30 AM
We're in a wound-up discussion over long-winded tactics scaled to short term consumption. Will be posted from my Sakala handle soon.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
10th July 2012, 07:45 AM
SS

I never meant/said that u did a kaiya pudichi izhuthiyaa! The primary mistake u did is u didn't explain what that "ithukku" meant for. And You never cared even after me and VTV posting repeatedly. I openly agreed that i didn't understand and infact nobody can understand. WHat is there in ur post to understand. Sometimes neenga ippadi poodagamaa(read incomplete) post pannittu poiduveenga and never complete it even after i or someone asks for it. (Mostly ppl won't care. Athu vEra) So I don't know how u post in other threads but here i have seen sometimes. During The 1st Vishwaroop Vijay TV interview, u posted "IvaraichollaNum" and thatsall! There were different perspectives running and u never said which one u belong to, or u had something new. Just an example of ur incompleteness, therinji panreengaLaa or with some intention, i dunno.

This is also one such. I never said anything wrong on Rajini. Even i won't say u said something wrong on kamal. Just that yout "Ithukku" can be replaced with 1000 reasons(real ones or not, athu vera) and u didn't even just minimally outline one reason! THe actual one which u thot in ur mind. Now isn't that open-ended?!? On that erichal only i posted that "KSR fans blah blah" Are u a KSR fan? NO. Have u or others said so? NO. That was my erichal on ur incompleteness but soon i clearly posted that ur post is (vague)incomplete.

The reason now u present, that can be replaced with many reasons. Unga 1st post avLo vageu aa irukku. U assume KSR wanted to ONLY produce and NOT direct. Avar sonnaaraa? illa naan sonnenaa?!? THats an assumption u conveniently make for reason only you know. And its highly irritating(open aave sollitten, comical modification ellaam pannalai, pothumaa) when u say that i put "tekkinikki" to pretend taht i am cool. Mudiyala :( Neengalum unga assumptions um! My erichal is somewhat open, and athai naan padam pottu explain pannaa thaan viduveengaLaa?!? And this said by you :lol: who make incomplete posts and get away! When i said ur post is vague, i guess my stand is cery clear, there itself.

And with this u say that "enna sollirukkanga'nu purinjukkaama neenga reply podradhula aacharyamae illa.. " :shock: :lol: Purinikkura maathiri neenga enna sollitteenga?!? Isn't this the classic "Kaiya pudichi izhuthing" you do on me?!? But leave that! I just don't care. My grouse is u post something incomplete and never respond even after ppl asking for it.

Kamal Thread, ownership - enna ulla varravanga kitta ellaam entry pottu thaan ulla vidurEnaa?!? token collect panrEnaa?!? ennatha ownership?!? Recently I see Nerd or TA or just anybody posting kind of harsh comments on Kamal(of course filmy content thaan) and nobody refuting. I strongly feel good amount of democracy and maturity is now prevailing in both Kamal/Rajini thread. Ithai naan yerkanave sollirukken.

Even now, i went down cheap and posted like that, uttered Rajinis name, and only that makes u respond! Ithula enna ownership?!? Thappaa kooda sollunga aaanaa athai complete aa clear aa sollunga. Evan ungaLai thatti keettirukkaan?!?

You expect that there is some meaning in that incomplete post u make and we shud "understand" :shock: that and move on! Ennannu ketta, u say all that complaints on me. Athaavathu unga kitta discuss E panna koodaathu! Kelvi kettaale naan dominate pannuren blah blah!

U remember once i said, ethaachum sollitu appuram sorru kekkurathe unga velai. I remember umpteen times u post something like "enna sakala ungalukku vera velaye illaiyaa eppa paaru ingaye irukkeenga" and after my decent/mild opposition even there i dont put any emoticon, just underline ur blunder, then u will say sorry.

And now, u say that let me be an irresponsible trouble-making rajini fan! Neenga nijamaave appadi patta orutharaa kooda irukkalaam. Etho naan ungala force pannitta maathiriyum, neenga erangi vanthu, thiyaagi maathiri post panrathellaam ethukku?!? At 1st place whycome u post something incomplete and respond only after making many attempts to force u to respond?!? Neenga post pannuveenga, yaarum kelvi kekka koodaathu, kettaa unga usual long post blah blah potruveenga. And u finish that post with ur classical statement "Sakala, ungalukku naan kettavanaave irunthutu poRen" Aren'tforums for discussing?! Respond E panna koodaathunna, neenga panrathu enna maathiriyaana araajagam?!?

"Onnu post pannaa clear aa post pannunga, illennaa chummaa irunga" appadinnu kooda ennakku solla thoNalai. becos i have said so, to you already. Remember u said that improper makeup in dasavatharam?!

irir123
10th July 2012, 07:52 AM
yennodu pangu - for maintaining the democratic spirit of this thread: for all my admiration of Kamal the artiste, if he muddles up with his pro-islamic rhetoric in 'VISWA' (as well) (underneath the veil of intellectual dialogs), i will be totally pissed! hope he makes an honest attempt at showing a balanced view of contemporary politics as well as religious fundamentalist issues

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
10th July 2012, 08:02 AM
the last four/five times we argued on any issues, the discussion was going nowhere and pointless(enna chonnaen)... i realized that, and begged pardon, en thappu dhaan, aala udunga etc., appovum udaama ilu ilunu ilukkureenga... enakkae soora mokkayaa dhan irukkum... padikkiravanga nelamaya nenachu paarunga...

This time, mothalla, who put along post?!? Before ur long post, all that i posted are short ones. Athu mokkayaa?! Dare you, say that again?!? Rendu perume, post E pannalai, athukkuLLa athu mokkaiyaa irukkum nnu innoru assumption panreenga! Suppose if u said thats about our previous discussions, athai ethukku inge solreenga?!? This is the classic SS! Vithavithamaana assumptions, vagai vgayaana astatements. Bayangaramaana aalunga neenga :(

Samayathula naanum ethaachum wrong aa post pannittu, appuram MODs warning, hubbers opposing and finally i agree that i was wrong and even aopologise. But there, both my opening and finishing statement will be **CLEAR**. UngaLa maathiri, ethaachum incomplete aa post pannittu, kadaisila, " neenga Yen enna vidaama torture panreenga, naan kettavanaave irunthutu poren" In reality, yaar yaarai torture panraanga?!?

Actually intha repeatitive pattern of urs, ithu thaan mokkaiyaa irukku. Maathikkavum maatreenga. Of course Irrittating aavum irukku, athai pala murai solliyum paathaachu :(

NOV
10th July 2012, 08:45 AM
Original Endhiran (2008) photos!
What a miss yaa!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/563878_436447789711713_1811080863_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/555486_436447813045044_2003307677_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/552684_436447833045042_1127922827_n.jpg

Evil Robot
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/523488_436447863045039_5686310_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/563422_436447899711702_1099290457_n.jpg

What a miss!!!

sathya_1979
10th July 2012, 08:48 AM
oh no, not again........

dell_gt
10th July 2012, 11:53 AM
Nikil Murugan @ onlynikil
Ulaganayaganudan oru Maalai Pozhudhil
pic.twitter.com/ADpvNA07

KlamRoyA
10th July 2012, 12:42 PM
http://www.accesskollywood.com/photo-galleries/kamal-at-ficci/01-kamal-at-ficci-national-executive-committee-kamal-hassan.html

KAMAL AT FICCI NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING IMAGES

14 photos.. :)

Bala (Karthik)
10th July 2012, 12:53 PM
yennodu pangu - for maintaining the democratic spirit of this thread: for all my admiration of Kamal the artiste, if he muddles up with his pro-islamic rhetoric in 'VISWA' (as well) (underneath the veil of intellectual dialogs), i will be totally pissed! hope he makes an honest attempt at showing a balanced view of contemporary politics as well as religious fundamentalist issues
1. I hope for the opposite - to rile up and leave the right-wingers and Christian/Hindu apologists foaming in the mouth, just to have a semblance of balance of perspectives, which is so heavily skewed in favor of the apologists/right. A tilt towards the other side by the likes of Kamal will certainly do no harm.
2. Yes, fundamentalist issues from all sides, not just the apologists' favorite punching bag, Islam

Bala (Karthik)
10th July 2012, 12:59 PM

hamid
10th July 2012, 02:09 PM
Sakala,
SS took a dig at KSR's direction and it is very evident for whoever reading that line, unless someone has suspicions and looking for something to points fingers at.... :)

P_R
10th July 2012, 02:19 PM

Abbas: vivAgarathellAm kudukka mudiyAdhu saar
PKS: vudrA...adhAn solttiyE

maththapadi, apology confirm-nu equar feel paNRaar.

naan enna ninaikkuREnnA -eppadi irundhaalum reNdu pakkamum 'force' paththalainnu thitta pOrAinga.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
10th July 2012, 02:25 PM
Sakala,
SS took a dig at KSR's direction and it is very evident for whoever reading that line, unless someone has suspicions and looking for something to points fingers at.... :)

No, there is not much evidence to think like that. Becos KSR asked for directing & producing. Kamal didn't give production offers. But still, either ways, KSR directorials wud have happened. Whats new here?!?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
10th July 2012, 02:33 PM
To expand, SS puts incomplete statement. Then he comes and says that Kamal (Panchathanthiram, Dasa, MMA) direction offers kuduthathukku bathilaa, KSR banner la Kamal direct pannirukkalam. But in his original statement there is absolutely no clues for that. What he intended, God only knows but Even if it happened that way, again we wud have got the same movies, with Kamal as Director, or someone else. Still its going to be exact same movies, we all know that he does (in)direction with his too detailed Screenplay itself.

More than suspecting, Ss's act of posting something half-baked is what irritating

SoftSword
10th July 2012, 02:56 PM
sakala..

we are poles apart in our ways of thinking and with our sorta wavelength, u cant even agree to me on the simple point that i am stupid...
fresh day... fresh minds... lets move on...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
10th July 2012, 02:59 PM
:rotfl: ethirpaarthathu thaan, ithu pola ethaachum varum nnu ( i mean, a totally different reply, poles apart from & not at all related to what is actually asked by me)

wait, appo ithu maathiri posts future layum varum pola :sigh2:

Bala (Karthik)
10th July 2012, 05:31 PM
:cry3:

Nerd
10th July 2012, 05:37 PM
Sakala everyone and their neighbour understood what SS meant in the first place except you of course. You could have at least asked him what he means instead of coming up with snide remarks. Sincere advise: let it go, I mean you don't have to reply to each and every post in this thread.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
10th July 2012, 05:58 PM
Isn't his post open for interpretation? Does it have one single concrete meaning?

P_R
10th July 2012, 06:03 PM
:cry3: +1....

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
10th July 2012, 06:10 PM
naan mattum enna sirichitrukkenaa enna,

Kamal in P5: veLiya srikkiren, aana ulla azhuthutrukken mama

Ada naan thaan intha hub la Confucius, innoru hubber kitta ithai sonnen, avar "his statement is open to interpretation" nnu sollittaar. athaan perunguzhappamaa irukku.

equanimus
10th July 2012, 08:31 PM
maththapadi, apology confirm-nu equar feel paNRaar.Just to clarify (maththavanga theLivukku), I meant apology or atonement (as in making amends for) for unnaippOl oruvan in particular, not an apology (in the sense of being an apologist) for Islamic terrorism. Pro-Islamic rhetoric is a totally baseless charge on Kamal. He's never even been minimally interested in Islam!

venkkiram
10th July 2012, 09:24 PM
Svs: எங்க கட்சி ஆட்சிக்கு வந்தா திருச்சி உச்சி புள்ளையார் கோயிலை அப்படியே சென்னை மெரினாவுக்கு கொண்டுபோய்டுவோம்
அப்போ சென்னை மெரீனாவ?
Svs: சென்னை மெரீனா கடற்கரையே அப்படியே ஆக்ரா தாஜ்மகாலுக்கு கொண்டுபோய்டுவோம்
அப்போ தாஜ்மகால?
Svs: அது வட நாட்டு பிரச்சினை, அவங்க பாடு!

irir123
10th July 2012, 09:32 PM
equanimus - as much as Kamal does his best to 'expose' the 'other' side / extreme end of the right-wing spectrum, he does not seem to do as much to showcase the islamic equivalent - one can argue that Kamal is only rightfully exposing the loopholes relevant to the native culture his ancestors belong to - however, if he considers art to be above partisan adherences to own's cultural/religious moorings (which he unhesitatingly does in his films, interviews etc etc), then he got to have a more objective means of looking/criticizing religion in general - which is something Sam Harris (for ex - there are others such as Shermer, or the late Hitchens, ) does effectively - often Kamal does give an impression of a being a lop-sided agnostic/atheist!

often, he takes questions (dumb as they are!) addressed to him, abt certain issues, in a rather unnecessary personal way - 'naama kumbudura samingaley aalaalukku rendu veedu vechhirukkaanga' kind of an answer is one such example! none denied that - but one can see his carefully cultivated 'Mohammed sahib' as opposed to his equally carefully cultivated irreverence to other deities that many consider sacred!! maybe it had to do with political correctness, but for someone with a carefully cultivated 'dare-do' aura surrounding his creative persona, littered with his own political insights, he chooses to remain stunningly silent over instances such as the November 2008 Mumbai incident, while (almost speaking like the other intellectual leftie elite Arundhati Roy) he comes down heavily on the Babri Masjid attack by the equally rabid extreme right hindutva groups!!

indha paagubaadu yaennu thaan naan kekkaen!

equanimus
10th July 2012, 09:44 PM
No, my point is, to be pro-something, one has to be minimally invested in it. What has Kamal done that engages with a/the Muslim identity, let alone Islam? He has vaguely touched upon Christianity at some points, but otherwise the same point holds true for Christianity too. Here's a filmmaker who's engaged with Hindu mythology so strongly across many films. Mahabharata, Gita, Ramayana, Dasavatharam, Thirumoolar, Ramanujar and so on. What are we even talking about?

app_engine
10th July 2012, 10:11 PM
What has Kamal done that engages with a/the Muslim identity, let alone Islam?

May be irir123 was thinking about the 'thuppAkkiyil kaNNeer thudaikkal' speech? :wink:

Or, the supposed attempt to make marudhanAyakam?

May be the alleged speech / statement that relatively "glorified" ghajini / gOri / moghuls while dissing east india company...

kid-glove
10th July 2012, 10:14 PM
At end of it all, the Muslim stands tallest in Dasavatharam. Pro-Musliim.

app_engine
10th July 2012, 10:16 PM
irir123,
Why do you think it is 'pAgupAdu'?
'carefulness'nu eduththukkakkoodAthA?

(alleged remark of "enga veettuppoNNu thAnE kashtappadum" w.r.t. attack on MR)

irir123
10th July 2012, 10:40 PM
app_engine: if 'carefulness' is the reason, then that is symptomatic of shameless cowardice, that finds one side easier to criticize, scoff at! that is no different from what politicians do - that way Kamal ceases to be an artist which is what he always claims to be!

i find the opposition / criticism to Kamal's films from the hindutva brigade, ridiculously silly and sophomoric ! coz, they just do NOT KNOW how to criticize! its not therefore surprising that after American televangelist Binny Hinn got a standing ovation from a 100,000 strong crowd in Bangalore after his 'phenomenal' speech in 2005, in which he referred to idol worship equivalent to prostitution etc etc! the 100,000 makkals who applauded him most likely did not even realize the import of his snides/veiled insult on them - Hinn stayed at a 5 star hotel and had state protection, arrived and left with fanfare and almost a month passed, before some hindutva group in bangalore woke up and called for a bandh to protest against Hinn's remarks!!

so no wonder Kamal can not only get away with his often deliberate presentation of one side of history, he actually gets nice publikutty from his most vehement opponents!!

KV
10th July 2012, 10:44 PM
At end of it all, the Muslim stands tallest in Dasavatharam. Pro-Musliim.
:lol: yov kittumani! omma aichaatyathukku alavE illaya?

SoftSword
10th July 2012, 10:59 PM
:lol: nee oru vayitthula pallu molachavan ya..

NOV
11th July 2012, 07:53 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/425404_439024486128568_1902811440_n.jpg
the infamous guy! :lol:

NOV
11th July 2012, 10:15 AM
This is getting ridiculous! Can you stop it please!
If you are not satisfied, take it via PM.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
11th July 2012, 10:20 AM
Thats a harsh post NOV, thanks anyway

ajithfederer
11th July 2012, 10:43 AM
Where has Plum disappeared?. Thirundhi full time velai seyya aarambichutaara? :shock:

KlamRoyA
11th July 2012, 11:01 AM
http://www.accesskollywood.com/photo-galleries/naduvula-konjam-pakkatha-kaanom-audio-launch/01-naduvula-konjam-pakkatha-kaanom-audio-launch-kamal-hassan-gayathri.html

NADUVULA KONJAM PAKKATHA KAANOM AUDIO LAUNCH IMAGES

15 Photos..

Neenga epo sir, audio function vaikka poringa...
oorla irukkiravangalukkuna nallathu pandringa...ungalukku oru nallathu nadakka maattenguthe hassar sir... :(

A.ANAND
11th July 2012, 02:23 PM
very rare kamal with rahman

http://images.behindwoods.com/photo-galleries-q1-09/tamil-photo-gallery/kamal-with-ar-rahman/kamal-with-ar-rahman-kamal-01.html

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
11th July 2012, 05:21 PM
Hai Everybody!

I've decided to leave forum. Personally too many bad experiences past few months. Some hubbers harsh on me. Some hubbers advice me that i needn't respond to all posts(meaning that i shud skip some) Some MODs not supportive. One hubber kind of makes me fool by acting too smart. No point in continuing becos i feel loss of (basic)respect which any hubber is expected to get. Infact, in every case i tried to explain my case to the best possible extent. am not seeing any fruitful response due to that.

From today morning, tried to find any option to delete my account, unjoin etc but found no such option. Logging out and not visiting seem to be the only option. Let me do that.

Forumhub has given lot of things to me. Compared to that, what i gave back is less! Thanks for everybody.

raajarasigan
11th July 2012, 05:42 PM
Sakala, why ya :huh:

seems miscommunication / misinterpretation leads hubbers to leave this informative (I still feel, it is) place.. :sad:

sathya_1979
11th July 2012, 05:43 PM
Is this a Joke? :roll: ennayyaa nadakkudhu inga? ellaa threadum soonniyam vechchaa maadhiri ippadi gaaliyaachunna, naanga enga pOvOm :confused2:
SKV, say this is a prank.........

sathya_1979
11th July 2012, 05:44 PM
Onsappaanyatayam, I also decided to quit, then I realized that too much of anything is good for nothing. So, I reduced the frequency of participation which helped me sustain the presence here.
yOsichchu paNNunga, as a friend avLodhaan solla mudiyum

Arvind Srinivasan
11th July 2012, 06:11 PM
Aascar Ravichandran's interview from sify....

What next?
I have four films in various stages of production- Shankar's I, Boologam, Mariyaan and Vallinam. Next year I will be starting a film with Kamal Haasan and later with Jackie Chan.

kid-glove
11th July 2012, 06:47 PM
You'll be missed, Skv. Is there anyway for this to be overturned?

Nerd
11th July 2012, 06:56 PM
Sakala, naan oru reqOst dhaan vechEn, mudiyalainnaa mudiyaadhunnu solilttu continue pannunga - idhu nalla piLLaikku azhagu.. idhukkaagavellaamaa quit pannuvaanga?

hattori_hanzo
11th July 2012, 07:17 PM
Allo Sagala, padam release tayathula chumma comedy pannaadheenga. Enna maadhiri oru source'um illaadhavanga ellaam ungala nambithen irukkom. Soththa Pallukkaaga Soththaye Ezhudhi veppeengalaa?

P_R
11th July 2012, 07:21 PM
Is there a hubquit virus doing rounds in the city?

joe
11th July 2012, 07:22 PM
SKV :shock:
I don't know what happened ..But going by the frequency of the posts and concentration on kamal threads ,I think you just need to reduce your time spend on hub , but pls don't get upset and quit :(

hamid
11th July 2012, 07:27 PM
Sakala,
Ungala maathiri oru senior hubberku ithu azakilla. Ithukku ellama poy quit pannuviinga? Take a day off from hub and come fresh..

Cinefan
11th July 2012, 07:30 PM
just to have a semblance of balance of perspectives, which is so heavily skewed in favor of the apologists/right. A tilt towards the other side by the likes of Kamal will certainly do no harm.

:shocked:

Wrt to this nation,your statement does not hold any value at all.

The political,media and intellectual field is filled with Islam backers.Arundathi Roy screams at giving Kashmir freedom from India and probably favours handing it over to the Hurriyat and Pakistan(whether the majority of Kashmir wants it or not),the government backed team of interlocuters come up with some strange suggestions to solve the Kashmir problem(what is their problem BTW????),Uniform civil code is a dirty word(pray why???),heavily biased/undemocratic laws like article 370 are continued,religious reservation which will divide an already divided country is getting forced despite Supreme court warnings,Narendra Modi is perhaps the most maligned man in this nation today(ennamo indha naatle Godhra reaction riots kku munnadi riot endra vaarthaye yarukkum theriyadhu endra maadhiri),we have idiots like Digvijay Singh mouthing nonsense about the Batla encounter which gets prime space,every TV channel/print media is run by "secular,leftist,intellectuals".

Idhula enge ungalukku balance of perspective skewed in favour of right wing theriyudhu???????

A tilt to the other side-nna,eppadi?terrorists ellam nallavargal,vallavargal,victimized-nnu sollanuma.

Jihad endra vaarthaiye Islam-le ille endru sollanuma?

Cinefan
11th July 2012, 07:35 PM
sakala,
Late entry.enna prachanai seriya theriyadhu.Appuram varen but quitting is not an option at all.That is escapist.Unga POV strong a sollunga,puriyalenna ignore pannittu poyitte irunga.Why tension??At the End of the day,SS and you probably do not even know each other and might never get introduced.

Why take it personally?

ajithfederer
11th July 2012, 07:38 PM
Sahala take it easy. Like anything else in life, hub too shouldn't be taken very seriously.

joe
11th July 2012, 07:39 PM
Jihad endra vaarthaiye Islam-le ille endru sollanuma?
Jihad is there ..But the understanding of the word 'Jihad' is the question.

joe
11th July 2012, 07:45 PM
Cinefan,
To be frank , In this country .. some organizations taking advantage of people mentality of talking an issue only until another issue come and they don't bother about any follow up ..Best example ,recently many including media talked about Pakistan flag hoisted in some muslim area in karnataka ,but later it was proved it was purposely done by Kaavi Kumpal ,not much reported and many don't know.. They have done in Thenkasi also .They have been doing this from ghandhi assassination .

Wish not to talk much about this .

KlamRoyA
11th July 2012, 08:27 PM
SS... Jus oru PM sakala'kku pannunga..all is well'nu..

I/V dont lik to loss a gud frnd rather than hubber... :(

irir123
11th July 2012, 08:51 PM
Jihad is there ..But the understanding of the word 'Jihad' is the question.

Pew Foundation's survey of muslims in islamic countries as well as in Europe concluded that majority of muslims are in favor of jihad to protect their interests!! there are tons of hadiths in the koran that have no value / relevance to todays world - 'stoning a woman to death at her father's doorsteps if she is not a virgin on the night of her wedding' is just one very eclectic/lofty example!

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/001-adultery_punishment.htm

of course, men are exempt from all of this!

I would like Hassar to give his 'rational/atheistic' interpretation to the above, in one of his films - the same way he talks about/derides the beliefs (howsoever outdated they might be) of one group!

the problem is either one is a devout muslim and blindly accepts these dogmas or one embraces sufi islam which is more along the lines of our sitthars do!

however, there is the risk of inviting the wrath of 'apostasy' - http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/012-apostasy.htm - "Those who turn their back on Islam are to be executed" - if one tries to be a moderate muslim.

adding to all of this, is the way/manner in which local imams ensure that they are kept poor, uneducated - and even educated muslims carry some angst or the other - think of Saudi princes/sheikhs pouring in millions of petrodollars into madrassas in pakistan for promoting the extreme 'wahabbi' culture/viewpoints - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wahhabi - and kids attending these madrassas instead of conventional schools - you will get the picture of why the Kasabs can be easily brainwashed to do what they did on 26th November, 2008 !

Sam Harris's 'end of faith' is a brilliant narrative on all of this and much more

with or without american hegemony, islam wud have def needed reform! christianity embraced scientific viewpoints as well as reformist ideas such as civil rights etc etc, realizing that they were inevitable - judaism, despite the crazy zionist extremes, is by far the most liberal, amongst the judeo-christian-islamic traditions - most jews are almost agnostic (IMHO) / atheistic

-end digression-

joe
11th July 2012, 08:57 PM
there are tons of hadiths in the koran
:rotfl: This is enough for your understanding . First of all , Hadiths cannot be in Koran ..So I don't think you know the meaning of 'Jihad'

Cinefan
11th July 2012, 08:59 PM
Joe,enna comparisons panreenga.idhu dhaan perspective skewed in favour of right-a?I have not even touched on the persecution of the kashmir pandits.where should the real point about jihad from-internally. Is it coming?actually you are right,I will go nowhere here.

venkkiram
11th July 2012, 08:59 PM
Best example ,recently many including media talked about Pakistan flag hoisted in some muslim area in karnataka ,but later it was proved it was purposely done by Kaavi Kumpal ,not much reported and many don't know.. They have done in Thenkasi also .They have been doing this from ghandhi assassination .Wish not to talk much about this . சிறந்த உதாரணமே ஒட்டுமொத்த இந்தியா என வரும்போது ஏற்படுத்தும் அதிர்வுகள் ரொம்ப கம்மி. பெரும்பான்மையான மக்கள் இக்னோர் செய்துவிட்டு தங்களது சொந்த வேலையில் மூழ்கி விடுவார்கள். ஆனால் கசாபிற்கு கிடைக்கும் சலுகைகள் ஒவ்வொரு இந்தியனையும் நித்தமும் உலுக்கி எடுக்கும்.

irir123
11th July 2012, 09:01 PM
:rotfl: This is enough for your understanding . First of all , Hadiths cannot be in Koran ..So I don't think you know the meaning of 'Jihad'

ok slipped there - agreed - so ? how many average muslims in a poor neighborhood know the difference when an imam recites from a hadith or the koran ?

irir123
11th July 2012, 09:04 PM
சிறந்த உதாரணமே ஒட்டுமொத்த இந்தியா என வரும்போது ஏற்படுத்தும் அதிர்வுகள் ரொம்ப கம்மி. பெரும்பான்மையான மக்கள் இக்னோர் செய்துவிட்டு தங்களது சொந்த வேலையில் மூழ்கி விடுவார்கள். ஆனால் கசாபிற்கு கிடைக்கும் சலுகைகள் ஒவ்வொரு இந்தியனையும் நித்தமும் உலுக்கி எடுக்கும்.

kasab's treatment is how India is bending over backwards to be an idealistic judiciary/democracy etc etc - but the arundhati roys and other intellectuals shed blood and tears for the poor, souls who only vented their anger against an unjust world on 26th november, 2008!

joe
11th July 2012, 09:28 PM
கசாபிற்கு கிடைக்கும் சலுகைகள் ஒவ்வொரு இந்தியனையும் நித்தமும் உலுக்கி எடுக்கும்.
ஒவ்வொரு இந்தியனையும் நித்தமும் உலுக்கி எடுக்கும் - கற்பனைக்கே எட்டல :lol:

venkkiram
11th July 2012, 09:42 PM
:lol: :rotfl: :rotfl:

P_R
11th July 2012, 10:33 PM
ஆனால் கசாபிற்கு கிடைக்கும் சலுகைகள் ஒவ்வொரு இந்தியனையும் நித்தமும் உலுக்கி எடுக்கும்.கசாபை கசாப்பு பண்ணவேண்டும் என்று கொந்தளிக்கும் சக-இந்தியர்களின் எண்ணிக்கை தான் உலுக்கி எடுக்கிறது.

irir123, every religion has unsavoury texts - silapala homam incantations bear liberal footprints of primitive pasts. Are we going to wave texts at each other and base our arguments on that? There are liberal interpretations and right wing nut-job interpretations. We all know that.

Anyway, all this is to be taken to a different thread, why do you expect Kamal to 'expose' Islam?

sathya_1979
11th July 2012, 10:40 PM
Why he should not? When he can "point-out" the pit-falls of his own - Portraying himself as a neutral (Atheist, Agnost etc) who condemns the pit-falls without bias to spread awareness / promote rationalism etc, why not Islam / Christianity / XYZ.....?

ajaybaskar
11th July 2012, 10:44 PM
Kamal will be soon seen in a commercial ad. The company which brought him on board is Alliance Media.

sathya_1979
11th July 2012, 10:45 PM
oh No. Rajini Kamal ellaam advertisementlaam varaama irundhaadhaan geththu

kid-glove
11th July 2012, 10:47 PM
Agree. What are you doing KAMAL? :twisted: Don't you dare turn into that fat midget clown Sachin.

sathya_1979
11th July 2012, 10:49 PM
:rotfl:
awaiting one new GIF image "I am Serious"

ajaybaskar
11th July 2012, 10:52 PM
Fat midget clown? :rotfl:

P_R
11th July 2012, 10:55 PM
Why he should not?
adhukku idhu badhil illiyE.

sathya_1979
11th July 2012, 11:02 PM
yaen? :roll: samudhaayathula nadakkara thappugaLa sutti kaattumbOdhu, ellaa kurooplayum uLLa thappugaL sutti kaattunga nu edhir paarppadhu thappaa? :confused2:
sari, one side attackdhaan nadakkudhunu vainga, appO adhOda inferences ennenna?
1) maRRa tharappugaL paRRi sariyaa theriyaadhu, karuththu solla virumbala
2) maRRa tharappugaL paRRi sonnaa sangudhaan, bayam. en dhairiyam ellaam oru sila kuroop kittadhaan sellupadi aagum. aanaa naan neutral.
3) I am pissed off with pitfalls in my own based on my experiences, so, I am highlighting them. No problem and should be welcomed. But, that should be strictly oru IMO WRT my own kuroop and not to be considered social service / spreading rational thoughts

sattunu thONiyadhu ivLodhaan. yOsichchu post paNrEn, pudhusaa edhaachum thONiNaa...

P_R
11th July 2012, 11:07 PM
sollavENdiyadhai ellAm HeyRam-la solliyAchchu. idhukku mEla enna edhirpARkkureeyaL?

pattiyal edhunA kudunga...

oru right wing Imam pasandh-ai thittaNum.
appadiyE oru madhamaatra veRi pudichcha paadhariyaarai thittaNum.
idhellAm paNNA all-boxes-equally checked - appadinnu oru certificate tharuveengaLA?

Azhwarpettaikku oru manu kuduppOm.

venkkiram
11th July 2012, 11:09 PM
sollavENdiyadhai ellAm HeyRam-la solliyAchchu. idhukku mEla enna edhirpARkkureeyaL? அந்தப் படத்தை விரும்பி பார்க்குறவங்க ரொம்பக் குறைவாச்சே :)

sathya_1979
11th July 2012, 11:20 PM
Hey Ram 1 vs no of other movies against Hindu beliefs, speeches. EquationE thappu. Also, pilees to the enlighten what all pitfalls of Islam were "condemned" in Hey Ram?

irir123
11th July 2012, 11:20 PM
கசாபை கசாப்பு பண்ணவேண்டும் என்று கொந்தளிக்கும் சக-இந்தியர்களின் எண்ணிக்கை தான் உலுக்கி எடுக்கிறது.

irir123, every religion has unsavoury texts - silapala homam incantations bear liberal footprints of primitive pasts. Are we going to wave texts at each other and base our arguments on that? There are liberal interpretations and right wing nut-job interpretations. We all know that.

Anyway, all this is to be taken to a different thread, why do you expect Kamal to 'expose' Islam?

btw, that quote above is by Venkikram and not me!

i still respond thus: Kamal may or may not choose to 'expose' islam - that is his individual / artistic right ! however, if he calls himself a liberal-minded intellectual interpreting art through the medium of cinema, often painting with a political brush with socio-political subtexts, then there is no way he can ignore the current Indian reality, that more or less followed this sequence 'shah-bano-divorce-court-settlement-turned-on-its-head-by-rajiv n co-followed-by-congress-sponsored-shilanyas-in-ayodhya-paving-way-to-hindutva-resurgence' - why does he choose to be safe and conveniently not take the hard route as Nihalini did with 'Tamas' in the 1980s ?

each time his project promises to engage viewers like me in a serious intellectual dialog, and yet the dialog almost always strives to portray some as victims - there are two sides to a story - lets hear it out - HEY RAM tried to do it effectively, though it failed him commercially - does that mean that its ok to use some targets as safe punching bags for interim commercial gains ?

sathya_1979
11th July 2012, 11:22 PM
adhE @irir123

app_engine
11th July 2012, 11:27 PM
UPO-la kasAbai kasAppu paNNinadhu ennavAm?
(kaNNeer speech notwithstanding, weren't the extremists blasted off?)

kid-glove
11th July 2012, 11:28 PM
Have a feeling that one pitchdark night, right wing extremists cornered KH and did to him, what the jail convicts did to Krishnaswamy in Mahanadhi.

irir123
11th July 2012, 11:31 PM
and seriously, for someone so well-read like Kamal, am sure he is more than just privy to the scathing criticisms levied on Islam by liberal intellectuals in the west - in fact, am sure that many of Kamal's rationalist ideas stem from these works - his use of 'parinaama valarchhi' (evolution) of social values and institutions like marriage is most likely derived/inspired from Dawkins, Hitchens, Ridley and co, rather than the works of periyaar etc! however, he chooses to avoid the references to some religions and in fact applies the same critical approach to understand the rise of 'hindutva' - methinks so

HonestRaj
11th July 2012, 11:31 PM
UPO-la kasAbai kasAppu paNNinadhu ennavAm?
(kaNNeer speech notwithstanding, weren't the extremists blasted off?)

including Karamchand lala.... [andha "lala" ngradha azhuthi sollanum]

sathya_1979
11th July 2012, 11:39 PM
UPO remake, max few changesdhaan paNNa mudiyum. The point is abt own/ straight movies and thoughts shared in public

irir123
11th July 2012, 11:40 PM
UPO is neither Kamal's original idea nor the concept his USP !

post-DASA, it was a 'quickie' adapted from 'a wednesday' - which IMHO, is far better than UPO!

remade stuff like UPO won't do!

app_engine
11th July 2012, 11:43 PM
UPO remake

Wasn't it KH who chose to remake? :wink:

hattori_hanzo
11th July 2012, 11:47 PM
Kamal, IMO has not gone completely against any particular religion in any of his movies and I'm sure no big celebrity would ever do that. As far as Hinduism is concerned, he has taken occasional potshots. But what do you think about the depiction of Nagesh's 'entiiiire' family in Dasavatharam? The IQ level of his son, Khalifullah Khan, when compared to the other characters?. I found it somewhat similar to the dimwitted 'Baasha Bhai', Nasser's character in Avvai Shanmughi.

sathya_1979
11th July 2012, 11:48 PM
Yes, but was it not changed to push agenda against Hindus? Gundu vechchadhukku modi KArARAnam ok Appo 700 varushamaa nadandha atrocitieskku?

Saai
11th July 2012, 11:50 PM
Guna in sun TV...what ya movie

The milieu - from people to sets to costume to lighting :clap:

cinematography is top notch.... excellent dialgues. After guna messes the signing drama at the sEt home....all of them are asked to vacate the place in 3 days. Under such crucial situation, guna's mother chases janakaraj saying 'ellaar munadiyum end payana paithiyamnu solla vechutiyeda' ....

The total sequence -lying to guna's doctor and guna to get him home for signing the document, guna's reaction on seeing his mom alive, drama at sEt home, aftermath emotions at guna's home and getting him to sleep with unnai naanariven song...awesome :clap:

Kamal and raja in top form there.... what a song and arguably the best perf of kamal

Movie Cop
12th July 2012, 12:35 AM
Superb write up Sai! :thumbsup: Padatha nalla rasichu paathirukeenga-nu thonudhu. :)

gunA - what a beauty? Kalaignani's acting and Isaignani's BGM - deadly combo!

One of those "Kamal-only-fossible-acting" movies, IMVHO. Climax acting "puniyam seidhidhu maname maname..." HaasaR take a bow! :notworthy:

P_R
12th July 2012, 03:28 PM
Hey Ram 1 vs no of other movies against Hindu beliefs, speeches. EquationE thappu. Also, pilees to the enlighten what all pitfalls of Islam were "condemned" in Hey Ram?

First of all I disagree with this framework 'ngREn.
Hindus as kroop entity-yE aNNan oththukkuradhu illeengaLE.
As he mentioned in the anu kaapi kadai, he was bringing up how the larger Gods in the Hindu pantheon absorbed the 'smaller deities'. in the Dasa, possibly for the first time in Tamil screen, he brings up the idea that what is nearly imperceptibly integrated today, were pretty much different 'religions' even a few centuries back.

You talk about 'their' atrocities against 'us' in 700 years. Framework-E unselected.
There is no 'us'. In Hey Ram, he demolishes the pointlessness of 'us and them' and how this feeling of victimization is something we don't relate to, judging an group by a representative just does not cut and so on.

Even in Thevar Magan, most notably he sidestepped making it a Thevar-Dalit conflict. That is quite glaring. But he morphed his theme accordingly. And he got away with saying 'kAttumirANdippaya koottam', which is highly judgemental and incendiary, merely by taking advantage of playing a thEvar and having Sivaji speak neutralizing lines.

So, if you are accusing him of being equally bound by the constraints then oh sure.
What he is managing to do within those constraints is what is to be observed.
He is fleshing out the critique to be deeper (of course, he is losing his subtlety these days, adhu vERa vishayam) than the usual ones that are in the market - and I allege the Hindu right react strongly to him precisely because he really engages at a deeper level.

Balance paNRadhukku enakku oru Mulsim villain-ai kAttu; Quraan, Bible-la inninna lines ellAm yEththukka mudiyAdhu-nnu sollu - appo dhaan naan oththukkuvEn -nu sonNA obviously you are going to be disappointed.

And lastly, not about Kamal, in general what I have found curious about these critiques is this: 'we' are tolerant unlike 'them' ; therefore we get criticized ; the inescapable conclusion is that we have to get intolerant of criticism.

P_R
12th July 2012, 03:31 PM
Appo 700 varushamaa nadandha atrocitieskku?

adhukku munnAdi thEnum, paalum Odi oNNu maNNA aNNan-thambiyA sandhOsamA irundhOm.

innaikkulErndhu 700 varusham thaaNdi annikku appadiyE thAthA, koLLu thAththA appadinnu pOyi appadiyE one-to-one mapping paNNa mudiyum.

joe
12th July 2012, 03:32 PM
anu kaapi kadai
:rotfl:

groucho070
12th July 2012, 03:48 PM
And lastly, not about Kamal, in general what I have found curious about these critiques is this: 'we' are tolerant unlike 'them' ; therefore we get criticized ; the inescapable conclusion is that we have to get intolerant of criticism.well said, well said, bravo P_R :clap:

sathya_1979
12th July 2012, 05:56 PM
First of all I disagree with this framework 'ngREn.
Hindus as kroop entity-yE aNNan oththukkuradhu illeengaLE.
As he mentioned in the anu kaapi kadai, he was bringing up how the larger Gods in the Hindu pantheon absorbed the 'smaller deities'. in the Dasa, possibly for the first time in Tamil screen, he brings up the idea that what is nearly imperceptibly integrated today, were pretty much different 'religions' even a few centuries back.

You talk about 'their' atrocities against 'us' in 700 years. Framework-E unselected.
There is no 'us'. In Hey Ram, he demolishes the pointlessness of 'us and them' and how this feeling of victimization is something we don't relate to, judging an group by a representative just does not cut and so on.

Even in Thevar Magan, most notably he sidestepped making it a Thevar-Dalit conflict. That is quite glaring. But he morphed his theme accordingly. And he got away with saying 'kAttumirANdippaya koottam', which is highly judgemental and incendiary, merely by taking advantage of playing a thEvar and having Sivaji speak neutralizing lines.

So, if you are accusing him of being equally bound by the constraints then oh sure.
What he is managing to do within those constraints is what is to be observed.
He is fleshing out the critique to be deeper (of course, he is losing his subtlety these days, adhu vERa vishayam) than the usual ones that are in the market - and I allege the Hindu right react strongly to him precisely because he really engages at a deeper level.

Balance paNRadhukku enakku oru Mulsim villain-ai kAttu; Quraan, Bible-la inninna lines ellAm yEththukka mudiyAdhu-nnu sollu - appo dhaan naan oththukkuvEn -nu sonNA obviously you are going to be disappointed.

And lastly, not about Kamal, in general what I have found curious about these critiques is this: 'we' are tolerant unlike 'them' ; therefore we get criticized ; the inescapable conclusion is that we have to get intolerant of criticism.
Thanks for ur time and the details. vERu sila kELvigal and opiniongaL paRRiyum pEsaNum, including counter to few of the points mentioned above, evening illa weekend meetuvOm.

sathya_1979
12th July 2012, 06:05 PM
Through a quick reading, I understand that I am still waiting for the tea: My question "Also, pilees to the enlighten what all pitfalls of Islam were "condemned" in Hey Ram?" to ur Hey RamlayE theLivaa sollirukkaarE statement.
All ur points above explains "his" understanding and opinions about Hinduism and none addressed / explained that he do have enough knowledge or have the guts to speak out against others.