PDA

View Full Version : Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

app_engine
29th May 2012, 04:02 AM
Rocket singh - somewhat interesting watch, reminded of many similar moments while working for private companies in India :-)

Is there a similar TF in the recent times?

Arvind Srinivasan
29th May 2012, 12:45 PM
Rocket Singh was quite good IMO . Never really liked Ranbir from the beginning as an actor. But feel he's done a very good job in this film. The real credit should go to the writer in fact, as Harpeet Singh is immensely likable. Take the first scene as an example. Harpreet views his university results and finds that he's passed but barely. He doesnt jump up in the air full of joy, but is laid back in his chair and sports a smile- one that of relief. The supporting cast were also very good, especially the one who plays Harpreet's boss Mr Puri. He is not portrayed to be a full fledged villain, but rather a guy who plays to the gallery- a true businessman and an anti thesis to Harpreet.....

NOV
29th May 2012, 05:20 PM
went to watch Ishttam with youngest son... but he was not allowed in :shock: they said its strictly for those above 18 and only for couples :roll:

so, watched kalakalappu again... avvalavaa sirippu varala... guess its also a one-time thingy

app_engine
29th May 2012, 07:07 PM
Nice thoughts, Arvind S - me too liked that role :-) Though a detailed discussion on that movie may not be appropriate in the TF section, I just wanted to know if there're TF's getting made this way (somewhat exclusively for city / multiplex kind of audience, with absolutely no front-bencher elements etc)...

Arvind Srinivasan
29th May 2012, 08:29 PM
Guess a tamil version will be difficult to execute IMHO as, we rarely get to have writers and directors indulging in films about the business world. Probably today's tamil directors are not much cognizant about the true lifestyle of a businessman. And hence the sophistication with which a writer or a director can deal with such a subject is lost. All we would get is just a parochial outlook of the entire system.

hattori_hanzo
29th May 2012, 09:09 PM
Heard 'Leelai', which was released a couple of weeks back is of the type you mentioned - for urban multiplex audience. Reviews were good but I dont think it performed well. Well, even Rocket Singh bombed.

Arvind Srinivasan
29th May 2012, 09:16 PM
Watched ' Leelai' myself. The IT environment was just a backdrop for the love story and the movie doesn't dwell on as to how things go about in IT in particular...

Nerd
29th May 2012, 09:21 PM
OKOK - para blade. But not as torchal as SMS. Udhay-a adjust pannikkalaam. Santhaanam oru mokkai blade.

Nanban - First one hour (Vijay TV). How unimaginative sangarji. Jayam Raja level. Liked a few new additions / dialogues like, senior inviting Vijay with vaangaNNA, Vijay saying time up time up (thagadu thagadu) to Sathyaraj and sort of a parody on his own BOSS (Sivaji Rajini maadhiri reNdu kayyilayum ezhudhuvaar). But things like this were very few.

Jeeva the best. Vijay tolerable, Srigandh/Sathyan/Sathyaraj - UNtolerable. Will complete the film soon.

Ilayathalapathy Fan
29th May 2012, 10:55 PM
OKOK - para blade. But not as torchal as SMS. Udhay-a adjust pannikkalaam. Santhaanam oru mokkai blade.

Nanban - First one hour (Vijay TV). How unimaginative sangarji. Jayam Raja level. Liked a few new additions / dialogues like, senior inviting Vijay with vaangaNNA, Vijay saying time up time up (thagadu thagadu) to Sathyaraj and sort of a parody on his own BOSS (Sivaji Rajini maadhiri reNdu kayyilayum ezhudhuvaar). But things like this were very few.

Jeeva the best. Vijay tolerable, Srigandh/Sathyan/Sathyaraj - UNtolerable. Will complete the film soon.

Well said... this film is more catered towards people who like slapstick comedy than genuine comedy and definitely does not feel like a shankar film. Have more hopes on thuppaki for the national award winners ssivan and sreekar prasad.

Ilayathalapathy Fan
29th May 2012, 10:59 PM
Im surprised none of you mentioned Vazhakku en 18/9 here it seems to be the talk of the town.

Movie Cop
30th May 2012, 12:02 AM
+1 on OKOK... Padam "soora mokkai" couldn't complete the movie beyond halfway point due to marana mokkai...

Shandhanam oru "soora mokkai"-ngradhukku indha padam oru koot example. Ivana ellam poi namma Tamil fans Vivek/Vadivelu league-le vechu comfarison panna vendhiyadhu...:banghead:
Hanshika Motwani ellam oru mokkai figure-nga... Vellai thollu-ngra orE reasonukkaga herohini roles... :banghead: Tamil chinema only fossible...:lol2:

jaiganes
30th May 2012, 01:35 AM
+1 on OKOK... Padam "soora mokkai" couldn't complete the movie beyond halfway point due to marana mokkai...

Shandhanam oru "soora mokkai"-ngradhukku indha padam oru koot example. Ivana ellam poi namma Tamil fans Vivek/Vadivelu league-le vechu comfarison panna vendhiyadhu...:banghead:
Hanshika Motwani ellam oru mokkai figure-nga... Vellai thollu-ngra orE reasonukkaga herohini roles... :banghead: Tamil chinema only fossible...:lol2:
thiraippada kaavalarE..
umakku andha kalai vaani, konjam kalaikkannai aruLattum...

HonestRaj
30th May 2012, 02:32 AM

:clap:

SoftSword
30th May 2012, 05:34 AM
nalla vela indha padatthappatthi neenga OK OK threadla eludhala...
palaper tea kudichiruppaanga...

interz
31st May 2012, 12:45 AM
Minnale - first time watch, but not last.

I've only heard the songs from the movie 100 of times but it was pretty good movie. Madhavan and Abbas cool acting. Esp during chinese food scene, great expressoins. Reema Sen pass, but her expresssions during songs was terrible.. choreographerukku kuttu. Vivek, I want to see Vivek back in full form like in Minnale.

Harris Jeyaraj debut awesome, be it in songs or BGM, both pass.

Gautham Vasudev Menon, 2nd flower guy..., good debute movie, playing safe on romance movie. At a time I thought it was gonna be like Kathal Desam, but thankfully it didnt.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
31st May 2012, 03:49 AM
Recently watched velayutham completely. One scene, when that train reaches chennai, vijay suspects group of ppl, the way he speaks "Naa Naa..."

I was just thinking, when he started masala rural films like sivakaasi(not exactly but) etc, ppl said his acting is fake, and not fitting to a rural hero. I am just seeing the transformation now (in Velayutham)! There is no more such fake thing and he is convincing as a rural guy! silent aa ferfaamans panraar :)

Also another scene, when he lands on that comedian and says " Vidunganne, kozhi mithichi.." :lol: and his comical accent! :clap:

Though all those are small acts, it looks cute on screen! Apart from the boring template-story, not only Santhanam, but vijay's comedy too is a big plus! Ithai ellaam nallaa use pannura maathiri oru full length comedy pannaa pattaasaa irukkume!

ajithfederer
31st May 2012, 03:10 PM
Kalakalappu - Lives up to its name. :rotfl:

Padathula onnume illa but comedy. Aarambathula Vimal/Anjali scenes konjam blade pottaalum it becomes better once Siva enters the scene. Avanai paathale comedy aa irukku. The theatre was laughing non stop since then. I can't remember the last time I laughed this hard for a Tamil film. Santhanam and his gang :rotfl2:. Anju vatti Annachi :rotfl:. Even the dog :thumbsup:. Villan gang :lol:

Total Comedy and entertainment. Sundar C almost back 2 his 90s best.

HonestRaj
31st May 2012, 03:17 PM

Padathula onnume illa but comedy. Aarambathula Vimal/Anjali scenes konjam blade pottaalum it becomes better once Siva enters the scene. Avanai paathale comedy aa irukku. The theatre was laughing non stop since then. I can't remember the last time I laughed this hard for a Tamil film. Santhanam and his gang :rotfl2:. Anju vatti Annachi :rotfl:. Even the dog :thumbsup:. Villan gang :lol:

:clap: ennudaya opinion'ku match aachunna.. oru kai thattal :)

SoftSword
31st May 2012, 03:20 PM

agree... except for the last statement...

NOV
31st May 2012, 04:51 PM
parthiban kanavu - neat entertainer with good songs... :thumbsup:

MADDY
31st May 2012, 05:12 PM
Avanai paathale comedy aa irukku.

I can't remember the last time I laughed this hard for a Tamil film.

exactly what i told to my wife after watching the movie - i literally lost composure in the scene when santhanam comments abt the policeman hanging in the wall :-) .........siva, vimal, santhanam - 3 of the brightest talents coming together....and songs were pretty good

Parthyy
31st May 2012, 05:32 PM
Leelai-Surprisingly movie is good,IT Kaathal(but there is few big logic loopholes) But they can be ignored
Hero Shiva pandit is perfectly cast as flirting IT guy,Karunai malar :lol: is nalla figure thaan.indeed both have acted well
Almost Most of the dialogues,happenings,loggerheads resembles what happens in software parks.santhanam not bad passable.few oneliners are :lol:
Though last half hour drags a lot and end as expected.
Movie is definitely decent watch.Liked it

Movie Cop
31st May 2012, 09:11 PM
Minnale - first time watch, but not last.

I've only heard the songs from the movie 100 of times but it was pretty good movie. Madhavan and Abbas cool acting. Esp during chinese food scene, great expressoins. Reema Sen pass, but her expresssions during songs was terrible.. choreographerukku kuttu. Vivek, I want to see Vivek back in full form like in Minnale.

Harris Jeyaraj debut awesome, be it in songs or BGM, both pass.

Gautham Vasudev Menon, 2nd flower guy..., good debute movie, playing safe on romance movie. At a time I thought it was gonna be like Kathal Desam, but thankfully it didnt.

Minnale is everything that VTV isn't... Semma cool entertainer (especially the first half) easily one of Maddy's best. Vivek was in his pomp as well. :cool:

selvakumar
31st May 2012, 09:14 PM
I have seen Minnalae almost 10 to 20 times. Same goes to the Hindi version.

HonestRaj
31st May 2012, 09:17 PM
watching DEVAN in ktv..
realised why some of Vivek comedies doesn't have repeat value..
in one scene he says something mixing all the serial names of that time.. when u see now few can relate what he wants to say..

similarly in BADRI, he does a comedy on serial title songs.. in another 10 yrs, no one will understand what he is doing in that

Arvind Srinivasan
31st May 2012, 09:29 PM
I have seen Minnalae almost 10 to 20 times. Same goes to the Hindi version.

Hindi version 1o thadava paakarathukku ennanga irunththu :shock:...Heard it was poorly made when in comparison to the tamil version

tamizharasan
31st May 2012, 09:37 PM
Aravaan, decent movie, but painful to sit through the entire movie. The could have made it crispier.

selvakumar
31st May 2012, 10:01 PM
Hindi version 1o thadava paakarathukku ennanga irunththu :shock:...Heard it was poorly made when in comparison to the tamil version
At different times Arvind. Hinduyum nalla thaan irunthathunga.. Songs and presentation was good and on par with tamil version. I liked it.

hattori_hanzo
1st June 2012, 12:24 AM
Honest, ungaaL padam onnula he makes a song out of all Desiya and Maanila Arasiyal Katchi names - 'Thi mu ka Aa thi mu ka pa ma ka...'

HonestRaj
1st June 2012, 12:44 AM
Honest, ungaaL padam onnula he makes a song out of all Desiya and Maanila Arasiyal Katchi names - 'Thi mu ka Aa thi mu ka pa ma ka...'

i guess its Thennavan

ajaybaskar
1st June 2012, 10:35 AM
URUMI

More like a rehash of Pazhassi Raja. Even Pazhassi Raja uses a Urumi in the film. PD was good.

Dinesh84
1st June 2012, 02:08 PM
Mumbai Express!

What the heck Kamal? :| got a feeling that he was bored to do a good film and instead did this one.. Ithula hindi release vera :banghead:

Mahen
1st June 2012, 07:54 PM
Thadaiyara Thaaka :thumbsup: superb masala flick with enough twists and turns to keep you glued to your seat..Screenplay/cinematography ellam nalla irunthuchi..ellam gautham oda touch irunthuchi..The reason why i watched this film was because of the director MAgizh T..Loved his debut film Mundhinam Partheney..and here he didnt disappoint as well..Many promising arimugams such as the villains and the second heroine..Arun Vijay :clap: wonder why he had never tasted success in his career..Good actor/decent looking etc..this fella is much better than ravi/vichal..Mamta Mohandas was generous flaunting her assets.. :)

Second keroine :mrgreen: former miss femina 2011
http://www.tamilstar.com/photo-galleries/arun-vijay-rakulpreet-singh/images/arun-vijay-rakulpreet-singh28.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-f9mYAFalPSg/TkuKPTxyaMI/AAAAAAAABmg/Ud71HrEPKi4/s640/rakul-preet-hot-spicy-001.jpg

P_R
1st June 2012, 08:27 PM
Mumbai Express!
What the heck Kamal? :| got a feeling that he was bored to do a good film and instead did this one.. Ithula hindi release vera :banghead:
:lol:

twins-appadinnu solluvEnnu edhirpArtheenga...adu dhaan illai...avanga sAdhAraNamA ellAr mAdhiriyum aNNan thambiyA poRakka vENdiyavanga, akkA thangaiyA poRandhuttAnga

HonestRaj
1st June 2012, 08:39 PM
watched few scenes from ANNIYAN..

liked it..

kabeem kubam .. kumbipadham & permuntation combinations :lol:

then they find Mundhiri Pakkoda.. :rotfl: ... liked Vivek's acting in this...

unga salute'ai karaichu saaniyila oothunga(?) :lol:

Shankar.. :clap: emperor of masala mix..

Mahen
2nd June 2012, 08:31 AM
Sreedhar Pillai ‏@sri50

Thadaiyara Thaakka- 3.25/5. Racy, edge of the seat action packed thriller with twists & turns. Good show Magizh Thirumeni, Arun Vijay,Mamta.

raghavendran
2nd June 2012, 11:28 AM
URUMI

More like a rehash of Pazhassi Raja. Even Pazhassi Raja uses a Urumi in the film. PD was good.saw it in malayalam when it released....total yawn...5 minutes into the film,we could predict each scene...whatever the backdrop is,is there a necessity for a period film to be so predictable???....such a cliched,un emotional,pointless crap....:fatigue:

joe
2nd June 2012, 11:45 PM
வாகை சூடவா (Thanks - Sun TV) - வாகை சூட தகுதியான படம்

NOV
3rd June 2012, 07:41 AM
Kazhugu - pointless film
Can watch... but really... :roll:
except for aambalaikkum pombalaikkum, yuvan disappoints
in the end.... everyone dies... making the whole movie pointless

jaiganes
3rd June 2012, 11:23 AM
with my kid and thoroughly enjoyed the fantastic visuals and music -
Now that makes me think - really I have gone cinema impaired(for this was a movie that Ebert gave .5 star - REALLY!!) and even mundane things are
looking interesting.. But on the other hand - I am having fun!!!

ajithfederer
3rd June 2012, 12:58 PM
Drastically disagree wrt Mumbai express. Kadum Kandanam. :)

NOV
3rd June 2012, 04:42 PM
uyarthiru 420 - ok movie for sunday afternoon... some interesting twists :lol:

Srimannarayanan
3rd June 2012, 06:14 PM
AF

Nijamavanga solringa?

MX is a boring Film. Worst experience with this film

Srimannarayanan
3rd June 2012, 06:15 PM
Nov

Did you like it because of the Producer and climax scenes in Malaysia?

interz
3rd June 2012, 06:34 PM
Ishtam - so so

Another moral lesson from indian movie. Story goes like big mouthed guy, and "I am too good" kinda girl falls in love and split up, they realize afterwards they are made for each other.

Vimal is ok, except in songs. Nisha Agarwal another hot heroine, acting ok, exposure double ok.
Santhanam is here and there with his witty one liners.

ok to watch one time, unless u have closemind.

NOV
3rd June 2012, 06:49 PM
Did you like it because of the Producer and climax scenes in Malaysia?ha ha ha...
there is no such palace in malaysia sriman .. and no agreement/tender is signed in chinese :rotfl:

its an ok way to pass 2 hours on a lazy sunday afternoon.
must watch ellaam illa..

V_S
11th June 2012, 10:13 PM
Watched Dasa (on DVD) and Vasool Raja MBBS (Sun TV) this weekend. A glaring difference in Kamal's approach.

To be honest, I could not enjoy Dasa much, as I did when it was released. But it was racy, went fast, but higly cliched movie. Could not appreicate the Asin-Kamal scenes (it was quite irritating) and the forced avatars of Kamal (with plastic make-ups). Characters were not well written. SFX and Grapics right from the 12th century temple till the last Tsunami scenes could have done better, clearly I can see it was not real. Even Kamal's performance was not up to the mark despite his hard work on different avatars. It seems to me that the film was hurrily made trying to cover everything in 2 1/2 hours, with not much focus on the content, nor on the other features.

On the other hand, a remade movie which I enjoyed to the core. Not sure how many times I would have watched this movie, but I never felt boring. Kamal's fantastic performance through out. Few scenes just on top of my head.

1. At the Dean's office (Prakash Raj's office). How he changes his expressions first by making us laugh and immediately recalling his father (enga appa azhuthu naan parthathE illa, theriyuma) and making us cry (you have to see his acting there, :notworthy:) and again making us feel better by telling him it is a revenge (rivittu :lol:). The slang, dialogue delivery, timing; perfect in every sense.
2. When he tries to console Zakir having found he got cancer. When Zakir tells him, he will not understand, and Kamal replies (after he goes away), illa Zakir, enakku puriyum. This man is genius.
3. When Zakir dies. Again his acting and dialogues, quoting how can he answer his mother. Top class!
4. At the last test, where he breaks down and accepts his failure.

Every character, even though it is short, very well scripted and sculpted. Overall a film full of applause from me. :clap: :clap:

I don't need a grand movie like Dasa (where I can nitpick everywhere and move away from him), but definitely would like a simple movie like Vasool Raja (where I can get close to him), where we can really appreciate both Kamal as an actor and an excellent writer (even though the story is not original).

jaiganes
11th June 2012, 11:42 PM
Kalakalappu - The best thamizh comedy film since MMKR. (probably overrating it a tad - but it is ok ma)
Kept on laughing till the end. Whoever wrote the script deserves a big gold shield with diamonds studded in it.
Even the smallest of characters had a noteworthy line and they all evenly made good use of it except the heroines who
have been allotted a different purpose (only uth hubbers have to confirm the quality of that).
Sample: Prostitute to Pimp - Commissionai Kaasaaththaan kudukkanuma?
Santhanam - idhu onnum avlo comedy illa
Vimal to Shiva - andha ottai avlo size dhaan irukkumnu onakku eppdi theriyum?
Shiva - (funny flashback in mind, dismissed it and says) adhellam oru planning

ILavarasu to shiva - Ellathayum vitralaam - romba easyaa ennai kandupidikara getup irundhaalum - theriyadha maadhiriye annanum thambiyum nadicheengaLE ...

many such nuggets - Sundar C - aiyya indha writera vidadheenga - nadikka mattum vandhuraadhenga - but keep doing the Voice over thingy - it was casual and nice.

Special shottus to Mano bala and the car chase scene in the moonu theru village...

HonestRaj
11th June 2012, 11:50 PM
many such nuggets - Sundar C - aiyya indha writera vidadheenga - nadikka mattum vandhuraadhenga - but keep doing the Voice over thingy - it was casual and nice.

probably the last of Sundar C's movie as a lead actor is releasing this month.. MURATTUKAALAI

Arvind Srinivasan
11th June 2012, 11:56 PM
Kalakalappu - The best thamizh comedy film since MMKR. (probably overrating it a tad - but it is ok ma)

:notthatway: overratingnnu paathalum...Agreed the film was comical and very enjoyable, but to talk about it in terms of mmkr is :roll:

ajaybaskar
12th June 2012, 12:09 AM
Adhaane.. Idhu onnum avlo peria comedy illaiye!!

MADDY
12th June 2012, 11:25 AM
Adhaane.. Idhu onnum avlo peria comedy illaiye!!

Anjali-a paatha piragum-a ippadi solreenga :lol2:

Jai - for first time, i agree :clap: .....but diamond track=oram po, soodhatta scene=va quarter cutting, santhanam character=kandein kadhalai - indha madhir pala baadhuppugal but still its a top notch film

P_R
12th June 2012, 11:32 AM
taapunaachA? Hmmm...pArkka vachchuruveenga pOlayE.

raghavendran
12th June 2012, 11:34 AM
PR
anjali fan dhane?...kandippa pathurrnga

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
12th June 2012, 11:50 AM

many such nuggets - Sundar C - aiyya indha writera vidadheenga

Aniyaayam! akkiramam! Agree that its enjoyable movie and almost after long time a full lenght comedy movie which actually works. But how can u compare a movie which has many scenes lifted from Mallu comedy films(added to that the tamil ones Maddy mentions) with Original MMKR?

ajithfederer
12th June 2012, 11:51 AM
Overall agreeing with most of what you have written here. Thirumba poi paakalamnu paatha inge engayume odalai.

Kept on laughing till the end. Whoever wrote the script deserves a big gold shield with diamonds studded in it.
Even the smallest of characters had a noteworthy line and they all evenly made good use of it except the heroines who
have been allotted a different purpose (only uth hubbers have to confirm the quality of that).

ILavarasu to shiva - Ellathayum vitralaam - romba easyaa ennai kandupidikara getup irundhaalum - theriyadha maadhiriye annanum thambiyum nadicheengaLE ...

Special shottus to Mano bala and the car chase scene in the moonu theru village...

jaiganes
12th June 2012, 12:09 PM
Aniyaayam! akkiramam! Agree that its enjoyable movie and almost after long time a full lenght comedy movie which actually works. But how can u compare a movie which has many scenes lifted from Mallu comedy films(added to that the tamil ones Maddy mentions) with Original MMKR?
i only tasted hen jooz. did not do vision test for the hen's mummy.
adhellaam neenga paathukkunga.

Cinefan
12th June 2012, 12:24 PM
Thirumba poi paakalamnu paatha inge engayume odalai.

Inge-nna,Bangalore-a?Natraj in Sheshadripuram or Poornima(between Urvashi theatre road and J C Road)might still be screening it.

ajithfederer
12th June 2012, 12:38 PM
Thanks cinefan.

Cinefan
12th June 2012, 12:58 PM
Check once,I am not sure

SoftSword
12th June 2012, 05:17 PM

ivarukku yaaro jaivinai vechiruttaangalaa... :think:

NOV
12th June 2012, 08:26 PM
jai, try watching it a 2nd time... you will change your opinion. ;)

watched urumi... by santhosh sivan :banghead:

kid-glove
12th June 2012, 08:50 PM
with my kid and thoroughly enjoyed the fantastic visuals and music -
Now that makes me think - really I have gone cinema impaired(for this was a movie that Ebert gave .5 star - REALLY!!) and even mundane things are
looking interesting.. But on the other hand - I am having fun!!!
After this, your opinions on films are dead to me.

HonestRaj
12th June 2012, 11:12 PM
MURAIMAMAN is the best.. compared to all other Sundar C films

KlamRoyA
12th June 2012, 11:17 PM
MURAIMAMAN is the best.. compared to all other Sundar C films

Ullathai alli tha ? :roll:

jaiganes
12th June 2012, 11:26 PM
After this, your opinions on films are dead to me.
thankQ.. looks like -like cricket, films also became my ex - fad.. nowadays i fall asleep in between movies - recently tried watching "Drive" - ellaarum pramaadham aaha ohonnaanungannu - 30 mins into it - I was snoring.. inime Bhakthi maargam dhaan.

SoftSword
13th June 2012, 04:02 PM
thankQ.. looks like -like cricket, films also became my ex - fad.. nowadays i fall asleep in between movies - recently tried watching "Drive" - ellaarum pramaadham aaha ohonnaanungannu - 30 mins into it - I was snoring.. inime Bhakthi maargam dhaan.

oh andha maadhiri padamaa??

Siv.S
13th June 2012, 04:08 PM
recently tried watching "Drive" - ellaarum pramaadham aaha ohonnaanungannu - 30 mins into it - I was snoring.. inime Bhakthi maargam dhaan.
Athu maran mokkai thaan... Athula aaa ohonnu enna irukkuthunnu theriyala.... pointless movie..

jaiganes
13th June 2012, 05:44 PM
oh andha maadhiri padamaa??

Eppdi? eppudi? neenga namma settu saar.

19thmay
13th June 2012, 06:06 PM
MMKR and Kalakalappu? Its like Devi Sriprasad after Ilayaraja. :|

Sundar.C < With vekka punnagai, closing his mouth> : Ennaya over-a pughazhadheenga.

jaiganes
13th June 2012, 06:11 PM
MMKR and Kalakalappu? Its like Devi Sriprasad after Ilayaraja. :|

Sundar.C < With vekka punnagai, closing his mouth> : Ennaya over-a pughazhadheenga.
mmkr paathuttu naan sirichaapala indha padathai paathhum sirichennu sonnaenayya.
effect comparison dhaan pannen - cause comparison pannalai.
but your analogy is wrong. it is GVP after ilaiyaraaja because he is ARR+IR+YSR-DEVA.

19thmay
13th June 2012, 06:14 PM
Oh ok I can understand. :)

Btw DSP and IR sonnadhu naan illapa, unga avatar man thaan.

SoftSword
13th June 2012, 06:44 PM
Eppdi? eppudi? neenga namma settu saar.

13thjune,
:lol: @ Sundar.C < With vekka punnagai, closing his mouth>

app_engine
17th June 2012, 09:48 AM
dabang - insult to movie watching public!
(kannA pinnAnnu FF paNNinadhula namma 'hindi padikkiRa' agenda kooda nadakkalai)

tried Dilip Kumar's "mughal-e-Asam"...couldn't go beyond 10-15 minutes, bayangara kaththi...tossed the DVD.

very disappointed with movies this weekend...

NOV
17th June 2012, 05:29 PM
madagascar 3 - not as entertaining or funny as the previous installments... to much of techie and unbelievable stuff :sigh2:

Mahen
17th June 2012, 06:06 PM
thavaimai thavamrundhu-perfect fathers day movie.. :bow: MAni-ku oru nayagan-na, cheranku oru TT..very well made film..technical aspects kuda ellame perfecttt..

Ayirathil oruvan - 2nd time pakuren..still kathai puriyala :oops:

HonestRaj
17th June 2012, 06:17 PM
Ayirathil oruvan - 2nd time pakuren..still kathai puriyala :oops:

hmm..

switch of jaya tv... puratchi thalaivar's version is running parallely

NOV
17th June 2012, 06:50 PM
I enjoyed aayirathil oruvan the 2nd time I watched it... and prefered the 2nd half :)
konjam research pannittu padam paarkkanum... along the lines of matrix... indha maadhiri padangala paaththa udanE pidikkaadhu, paakka paakkathaan pidikkum :p

SoftSword
18th June 2012, 05:04 AM
naan already 5 murai patthuttaen...
always thrilled at the parthibans grand intro with that music... avlo bramaandamaana scene innum shankar kooda vekkala...

Mahen
18th June 2012, 05:24 AM
naan already 5 murai patthuttaen...
always thrilled at the parthibans grand intro with that music... avlo bramaandamaana scene innum shankar kooda vekkala...

+1..whatay music..the whole album was NA worthy..Reema sens lip sync was hilarious..Someone fluent in tamil should have done that role

jaiganes
18th June 2012, 05:42 AM
Girl with the dragon tattoo in swedish.
I had a lot of expectations - the movie did not meet all of that - considering that i was expecting a taut psychological thriller.
However - as an epic exploration of abuse - from either side - victim and the guilty - this movie scored on all levels .
Noomi Rapace as Lisbeth - gets once in a lifetime role and she does awesome justice to it - A Very physical and very harrowing
role and this lady didn't flinch not even one bit - that is called conviction and after a long long time it was refreshing to see it on a movie.
this movie should be discussed a lot more and its layers analysed properly.

NOV
21st June 2012, 07:10 PM
1. kizhakku cheemaiyilE... rank bad film from bharathiraja... bad acting by everyone from radhika to vijayakumar to the both mothers :sigh2: cant believe how much damage can be done by BR to ordinarily good actors.
BGM was horrible... repetition of title song was boring.

2. The Incredible Shrinking Man - an old b/w english movie... almost 50% of the film had no dialogues with the BGM playing a significant role.
Definitely worth watching.

P_R
21st June 2012, 07:17 PM
Recently watched parts of Vaali. Has not aged well at all.

Assessment of SJ Surya and especially Ajith suitably revised.

OTOH Shemran :thumbsup:

raghavendran
21st June 2012, 07:22 PM
:thumbsup:

P_R
21st June 2012, 07:25 PM
thambi purinjudhaan :thumbsup: pOdureeyaLA?

munnoru kaalathil Ajithukkum nadippu varumnu idhai paarthu heavy-yA ticket eduthirundhEn.
ippo lightA vaapas vaangurEn.

KlamRoyA
21st June 2012, 07:26 PM
Recently watched parts of Vaali. Has not aged well at all.

Assessment of SJ Surya and especially Ajith suitably revised.

OTOH Shemran :thumbsup:

All time fav. of mine.. one of the reason to be thala fan.. :smokesmirk:

KlamRoyA
21st June 2012, 07:27 PM

munnoru kaalathil Ajithukkum nadippu varumnu idhai paarthu heavy-yA ticket eduthirundhEn.

Objectoin ur mod.... Did u nt c Varalaaru & Kireedom climax , etc. ,

raghavendran
21st June 2012, 07:36 PM

ippo lightA vaapas vaangurEn.oh...reversela prunjintten :neutral:...neenga konjam naal munnadi ajith acting pathi criticalla pesinadha nyabagam...adhadhan revise panninganu nenachen...anyways idhuvum oru karuthu...:)

interz
21st June 2012, 07:45 PM
Murattu kaalai(2012) -a massacre on tamil cinema.

Didnt watch more than 30 mins, what a torture. I havent seen original Murattu Kaalai, and has no intensions to watch it anyway. Some movies are just meant to be yesteryear hit, and cant be remade to suit the current trend.

SoftSword
21st June 2012, 07:49 PM
watched manam kotthi paravai...
padam mudinjadhumdhaan therinjadhu ezhil direction'nu... not upto his (set) standards...
but time passed without too many boring moments...

HonestRaj
21st June 2012, 11:19 PM

Has not aged well at all.

- adikkadi indha sentence'ku confuse aagidaren..

"not aged well" na - indha kaalathukkum eedu kodukkum vagayil padathin tharam illai
"aged well" - kaalangaL maarinaalum aarambathil irundha eerppu appadiye irukku..

sariya?

aceqoxim
22nd June 2012, 12:37 AM
Watched Yudham Sei couple of days ago. Wasn't impressed, thought it was over rated. I didn't get the hype seriously, am I missing something or have I watched an alternate version of the same movie? It's a decent effort but isn't pathbreaking material. Disappointed.

raghavendran
22nd June 2012, 10:30 AM

Has not aged well at all.

enakku adhu nallve purinjidhu...

there was a arguement on Ajith's acting sometime back...adhula PRkku Ajith oda acting pudikalennu sonnaru..adhadhan revise pannaronu nenachen,when he said "especially Ajith suitably revised"

BM
22nd June 2012, 10:37 AM
enakku adhu nallve purinjidhu...

there was a arguement on Ajith's acting sometime back...adhula PRkku Ajith oda acting pudikalennu sonnaru..adhadhan revise pannaronu nenachen,when he said "especially Ajith suitably revised"

Rathnasaamy " ada ennapa ne, kaalam kaalamaa intha ooruliye irukkura namakku thaane yaaru ennanu theriyum". ;)

P_R
22nd June 2012, 10:53 AM
Yeah. This was one exception I had. 'This is proof that he can but nobody gives him such scope' appadinnu ellAm solli irukkEn :oops:
But ippo appadi emphaticA ellAm solla mAttEn.

SoftSword
22nd June 2012, 03:54 PM
PR, apdi endha scene unga palaya opinion'ku kaaranamaa irundhuchu, endha scene ippo adha dettol ootthi kazhuvuchunu konjam kurippu eludhineengannaa samudhaayatthukku interestingaavum, padattha innoru murai paakka oru swaarasyamaavum irukkum....

apdiyae, PR/Plum/any other perusus, respond to Stardust...
andha padattha patthi pesuradhum nemba interesingaa irukkum...

yaaraachum ambulance koopdungalaen... yaaraachum thanni kondaangalaen...

groucho070
22nd June 2012, 04:01 PM
I still remember the time when Stan (Ajithfederer) burst into the Tamizh film section when P_R went "even Ajith" :lol2: At least the comment got him active here...

Roshan
22nd June 2012, 04:08 PM
Watched Yudham Sei couple of days ago. Wasn't impressed, thought it was over rated. I didn't get the hype seriously, am I missing something or have I watched an alternate version of the same movie? It's a decent effort but isn't pathbreaking material. Disappointed.

Vaanga vaanga... I thought I am the only person in this hub who had such an opinion about the movie. Mediocre stuff blown out of proportion for God knows what reason. It's something like 'lookma, I am trying to do something different' kinda movie. I need to add even K's BGM is not worth the hype. It was over done and intrusive in many places.

P_R
22nd June 2012, 04:09 PM
I still remember the time when Stan (Ajithfederer) burst into the Tamizh film section when P_R went "even Ajith" At least the comment got him active here...
nadandhavaigaL nadandhavaigaLaaga irukkattum.
ini nadappavaigaL nallavaigaLaaga irukkattum :-)

Roshan
22nd June 2012, 04:10 PM
And that 'nail cutter' stunt by Cheran :lol: Sema hilarious... :lol:

SoftSword
22nd June 2012, 04:13 PM
idhukku adhu badhil aagaadhae...

aceqoxim
22nd June 2012, 04:18 PM
It's something like 'lookma, I am trying to do something different' kinda movie.

Exactly my thoughts. Yudham seikku sleeper thriller-nu oru genre kudukkalam i.e. if you haven't slept 20 minutes into the movie then it's a thriller. The only movie that was watchable from the Myskin stable was 'chithram pesuthadi' imo.

SoftSword
22nd June 2012, 04:19 PM
Exactly my thoughts. Yudham seikku sleeper thriller-nu oru genre kudukkalam i.e. if you haven't slept 20 minutes into the movie then it's a thriller. The only movie that was watchable from the Myskin stable was 'chithram pesuthadi' imo.

lol... watta pity...
thats the only movie of mysskin i cannot watch... especially cos of bhaavanaa... irritating character...

P_R
22nd June 2012, 04:22 PM
PR, apdi endha scene unga palaya opinion'ku kaaranamaa irundhuchu, endha scene ippo adha dettol ootthi kazhuvuchunu konjam kurippu eludhineengannaa samudhaayatthukku interestingaavum, padattha innoru murai paakka oru swaarasyamaavum irukkum....

Pre-climoks aaL mArAttam, doctor visit...podhuvA dumb-mute Ajith role sumArA nallAvA paNNadhA nyAbaham irundhuchu.
Louu track kooda OraLavukku paraalaama irundhadhA nyAbaham.

This time I found his 'acting' in the love track unbearable. I had, have and will have a problem with his voice and delivery. Far from 'getting used to it' it is only getting worse for me. 'Cool Billa'-va vidunga even formerly okay films like Vaali are not working.
Even the elder twin's scene were quite 'meh' for me to watch now.

OTOH sondhakkural illAdha Shemran - pinRaappA pinRA! ammaNi vittuttu pOna idam, appadiyE irukku.

kid-glove
22nd June 2012, 04:25 PM
You have lost all credibility with your Simran love. Honestly your opinions on film acting is dead to me.

SoftSword
22nd June 2012, 04:27 PM
appo paatthappove lover ajith'oda seshtaigal, expressions, 'hayyo... epdinga' ellaam konjam artificialaa dhaan irukkum... oomai ajith was the winner... especially his eyes when expressing anger... and ya... simran, louly... and even in the serious scenes, the scene with the psyciatrist... naanga koyil pandigaikku indha padattha thirai katti theruvula pOttom... epdiyaappatta subject choose pannirukkom paatthingalaa podhumakkalukku...

aceqoxim
22nd June 2012, 04:30 PM
SS,

CP casting enakkum sariya padala. Athuvum herovoda mannerism and body language, it always seemed like he was half expecting to go into convulsions any minute. Atleast the movie remained true to its genre. That's why I tagged it as watchable. Anjathe was watchable in parts, but YS? I can't even verbalize why I was disappointed because despite having a very good re-collective memory, I'm unable to recollect anything significant from the movie. When I push my brain to its threshold, all I get is glimpses of Cheran looking somber, Cheran looking sad, Cheran sitting by the sidewalk, Cheran staring into empty space...

kid-glove
22nd June 2012, 04:31 PM
Nandhalala :thumbsup: YN shows how visually resonant Mysskin could be, but it's not without its missteps.

Otherwise CP totally uvakkkk, especially that twist. :lol: AnjathE had its tacky moments which people confuse for great nuance, pluheeaaz..

P_R
22nd June 2012, 04:32 PM
apdiyae, PR/Plum/any other perusus, respond to Stardust...
andha padattha patthi pesuradhum nemba interesingaa irukkum...
Yudhdham Sei?

It is a pretty good film. It achieves what it sets out to achieve very very well.
The dry feel of a police procedural, mood-create paNNaNum (MMKR Manorama :lol:) ellAm romba nallAvE vandhirukkum.

Most importantly: name one movie where one recalled the visuals and camera movement being as central to the 'feel' of the film. adhukkE pArAttalaam.
Usually I am very resistant to concepts like 'cinematic language, camera is the pen' etc. "nee kadhaiyai sollu, kadhaiyai sollu"-nu adam pidippEn.
But this movie helped me get an idea of what they are talking about.

Even now I can think of frames, camera movements which were meaningful and enhanced the scenes.
"Gaze reversal" paththi kooda equa/k-g niRaiya pEsinaanga (naan vEdikkai pArththEn!)

In terms of plot, kadhai - nothing too extraordinary. But for the 'making' factors, it really made one sit-up and take notice of Myshkin.

For instance the watermelon stealing scene. He takes a tense moment and teases the audience. And the next shot is the exact same frame and it returns to something ghastly. "Oh!" oru cinema-la veRum camera position vachchu ivvaLavu seyya mudiyumA!! appadinnu yOsikka vachhcaapla.

Of course it got showy in many places and the edgy nature of acting showed quite funnily at times with Cheran - like the pen-knife fight Roshan mentions :lol:

Nondhalala pudikkalainnAlum, aduththa Myshkin padathukku kaNdippA ticket edukkap pOrEnnA adhukku YS dhAn kAraNam.

aceqoxim
22nd June 2012, 04:34 PM
Nice to know there are people here who appreciate Simran's acting. Thought I was the only one. I love the way she says that dialogue at the shrink, which was along the lines of 'unnai nambinathukku enakku paithikara pattam kuduthitiye'.

P_R
22nd June 2012, 04:35 PM
You have lost all credibility with your Simran love. ungaLukku yAraithAn pudikkin?

Honestly your opinions on film acting is dead to me. ayyagO!

Nandhalala :thumbsup: Hmm...

kid-glove
22nd June 2012, 04:36 PM
ungaLukku yAraithAn pudikkin?

Gauthami
Shruti Haasan

(in future)
Akshara Haasan

P_R
22nd June 2012, 04:38 PM
appo paatthappove lover ajith'oda seshtaigal, expressions, 'hayyo... epdinga' ellaam konjam artificialaa dhaan irukkum...
:oops: thappu thaen.
oomai ajith was the winner... especially his eyes when expressing anger... LashtA eppO pArtheenga.

and ya... simran, louly... and even in the serious scenes, the scene with the psyciatrist... :clap: Yeah. But even in the louu, initial scenes...asadu vazhiyuradhu ellAm kooda konjam sincereA nallAvE paNNiyiruppAnga. Of course foil effectA kooda irukkalaam.

naanga koyil pandigaikku indha padattha thirai katti theruvula pOttom... epdiyaappatta subject choose pannirukkom paatthingalaa podhumakkalukku... :lol:

Roshan
22nd June 2012, 04:38 PM
You have lost all credibility with your Simran love. Honestly your opinions on film acting is dead to me.

k_g, neenga ippadi pala paera 'dead' listlat saerthuttu varreenga :lol:

I am with Prabhu here - Simran is a very good actress !!

kid-glove
22nd June 2012, 04:39 PM
Shall I let my Grotch out? :twisted:

P_R
22nd June 2012, 04:40 PM
Gauthami aNNi thennAttu Diane Keaton.But villi role ellAm paNNi irukkAngaLA

Shruti Haasan unga nambikkaiyai naan paaraattuREn. indha kuralai vachchukittu nalandhAnA paada mudiyumnu thONalai.

(in future)Akshara Haasan Well eh..

Roshan
22nd June 2012, 04:40 PM
SS,

CP casting enakkum sariya padala. Athuvum herovoda mannerism and body language, it always seemed like he was half expecting to go into convulsions any minute. Atleast the movie remained true to its genre. That's why I tagged it as watchable. Anjathe was watchable in parts, but YS? I can't even verbalize why I was disappointed because despite having a very good re-collective memory, I'm unable to recollect anything significant from the movie. When I push my brain to its threshold, all I get is glimpses of Cheran looking somber, Cheran looking sad, Cheran sitting by the sidewalk, Cheran staring into empty space...

:lol: :thumbsup: idhavida azhaga explain paNNa mudiyaathu..

SoftSword
22nd June 2012, 04:41 PM
Gauthami
Shruti Haasan

(in future)
Akshara Haasan

lol kid, kamal liked simran very much once (enru kaelvi)

P_R
22nd June 2012, 04:41 PM
Shall I let my Grotch out? :twisted:
vENavE vENaam.
Khushboo enRa nalla nadigaiyin Jaadhimalli enRa sondhakkural thiraippadaththai paarkkavum.

wizzy
22nd June 2012, 04:45 PM
Gauthami
Shruti Haasan

(in future)
Akshara Haasan

Subbulakshmi'a uttutinga :lol2:

SoftSword
22nd June 2012, 04:48 PM
LashtA eppO pArtheenga.

nemba naal aachu... aana manasula nachunu nikkiradha vechu sonen... paakkanum... romba thamizh padangal illai paakkuradhukku...
naetthu nite kappalOttiya thamizhan second half paatthaen... sivajiya vidunga... i was quite surprised with the english durai rangarao... english dialogues ellaam semma stylea pesirundhaapla... andha oru comedyaa theriyumae... apdi illai...
to asokan: 'you can take care of them...... can't u?'... perfect accent.

KV
22nd June 2012, 04:50 PM
I think Myskin's strength lies in his visuals. maththapadi acting, dialogs ellaam total tackiness, choicela vitturanum.
aana, if there's a contemporary filmmaker who knows his visual grammar, it's gotta be him. It's either the way he visualizes his storytelling or the DOP's talent, I don't know where the credit should go. The way the scenes are planned and laid out, entry, scene, exit - romba interestinga pOgum. Take anjaadhey's opening shot for eg. (I know this might've been discussed a lot already, irundhaalum, it's one of my favorite 'film openings'): We see the blue sky for a few seconds; then we realize that there's movement; we (I) move along eagerly not knowing where it takes us (me); slides below a parallel bar where a guy is seen exercising; cut to vaaikka thagararu. :clap: And the famous/infamous 'legs' shot - arresting, i say!
nandhala too had some beautiful imagery. silapala idangal sollalaam. YS, again, was fine. CP was a borefest.
Nambikkai irukku, aana nextu suferkero padam, lighta bayam.

kid-glove
22nd June 2012, 04:52 PM
Simran is a very good actress !!

Your opinions on Rishibala (pierced) Naval are way off the mark like your adulation towards Trashbag, dear M'lady.

P_R
22nd June 2012, 04:53 PM
adhaaru Trashbag?

aceqoxim
22nd June 2012, 04:54 PM
Trisha?

ajithfederer
22nd June 2012, 04:54 PM
Trish_trashers aka trisha.

kid-glove
22nd June 2012, 04:55 PM
Trish Stratus .. Chi Trisha trashers

Roshan
22nd June 2012, 04:56 PM
Your opinions on Rishibala (pierced) Naval are way off the mark like your adulation towards Trashbag, dear M'lady.

Nallathaa pOchu :lol2: Anyway yaar antha Trashbag'nu therinjukkalaamaa? :lol2:

P_R
22nd June 2012, 04:56 PM
She acquitted herself reasonably well in MMA no? (naama bayandhadhukku). illaindreengaLA?

Roshan
22nd June 2012, 04:57 PM
Trish Stratus .. Chi Trisha trashers

She is not my favourite but she was really good in VTV... As simple as that :lol2:

aceqoxim
22nd June 2012, 04:59 PM
Nallathaa pOchu :lol2: Anyway yaar antha Trashbag'nu therinjukkalaamaa? :lol2:

Oorukke therinjurukku ungalukku theriyala. :-D

Trashbag ellam too harsh though. Not a remarkable actress by any standards but she had her moments.

Roshan
She acquitted herself reasonably well in MMA no? (naama bayandhadhukku). illaindreengaLA?

Ah.. I did not like her in MMA. Inimae neengaLaachu k_g aachu.. ungaLa dead body'nu aduthathaa solla poaraar ..

kid-glove

Is this even a debate? KH makes stone act. No wonder he did well in MMA.

As for VTV, weakest link by some dissonance.

Roshan
22nd June 2012, 05:00 PM
Trashbag ellam too harsh though. Not a remarkable actress by any standards but she had her moments.

Adhaanga naanun solRaen, to me she was only good in VTV in terms of performance and I like her looks. IdhukkupOi k_g adulation, modulation'nu 10 roobakku ponguRathukku - 1000 Rs-ku ponguraar :)

kid-glove
22nd June 2012, 05:01 PM
Is this even a debate? KH makes stone act. No wonder he did well in MMA.

As for VTV, weakest link by some dissonance.

Sorry, she*

kid-glove
22nd June 2012, 05:02 PM
You could say that MMA was directed under supervision by KH, but Dasa was koality-controlled by KSR, no wonder Asin, JP, Sherawat, and all were mega-waste!

wizzy
22nd June 2012, 05:02 PM
Myskin's foot fetish+Thenkathu Mifune Narine's acting are deplorable :neutral:

SoftSword
22nd June 2012, 05:04 PM
You could say that MMA was directed under supervision by KH, but Dasa was koality-controlled by KSR, no wonder Asin, JP, Sherawat, and all were mega-waste!

adhukkaaga VR vandhadhukku appuram pooja kumar'a ellaam pudikka vaaippu irukkunu solringalaa??

Nerd
22nd June 2012, 05:06 PM
I think Myskin's strength lies in his visuals. maththapadi acting, dialogs ellaam total tackiness, choicela vitturanum.
aana, if there's a contemporary filmmaker who knows his visual grammar, it's gotta be him. It's either the way he visualizes his storytelling or the DOP's talent, I don't know where the credit should go. The way the scenes are planned and laid out, entry, scene, exit - romba interestinga pOgum. Take anjaadhey's opening shot for eg. (I know this might've been discussed a lot already, irundhaalum, it's one of my favorite 'film openings'): We see the blue sky for a few seconds; then we realize that there's movement; we (I) move along eagerly not knowing where it takes us (me); slides below a parallel bar where a guy is seen exercising; cut to vaaikka thagararu. :clap: And the famous/infamous 'legs' shot - arresting, i say!
nandhala too had some beautiful imagery. silapala idangal sollalaam. YS, again, was fine. CP was a borefest.
Nambikkai irukku, aana nextu suferkero padam, lighta bayam.

+1 nga. Exactly my thoughts. He makes personal films an that's what I like about him. CP is extremely annoying though. With 4-5 attempts I am still not able to watch that in full.

aceqoxim
22nd June 2012, 05:07 PM

Ivar visual poetry-a eluthurathukku ennoda tenner thaana kidaithathu? I'm a film student, intha intelligence-ai appreciate pannanum superficiality-a sagadikanum ithllam othukiren. But Cinema enbathu basically oru entertainment medium illaya? Ennai porutha varai, naan theaterkulla pona, sirikireno aluveno athu kavalai illai, entertainment kidaithatha.. athu pothum. When people my age are going gaga over Justin Bieber and JLS, I learnt to appreciate Hassar and other legendary filmmakers because they provided me this entertainment I was looking for. Sathiyama solren, YS pathapo cinema patha feeling illai etho art museum-ku poitu vantha mathirithaan irukku. Probably a reason why imagery is the only one that has remained in my head.

Arvind Srinivasan
22nd June 2012, 05:07 PM
Yudhdham Sei?

It is a pretty good film. It achieves what it sets out to achieve very very well.
The dry feel of a police procedural, mood-create paNNaNum (MMKR Manorama :lol:) ellAm romba nallAvE vandhirukkum.

Most importantly: name one movie where one recalled the visuals and camera movement being as central to the 'feel' of the film. adhukkE pArAttalaam.
Usually I am very resistant to concepts like 'cinematic language, camera is the pen' etc. "nee kadhaiyai sollu, kadhaiyai sollu"-nu adam pidippEn.
But this movie helped me get an idea of what they are talking about.

Even now I can think of frames, camera movements which were meaningful and enhanced the scenes.
"Gaze reversal" paththi kooda equa/k-g niRaiya pEsinaanga (naan vEdikkai pArththEn!)

In terms of plot, kadhai - nothing too extraordinary. But for the 'making' factors, it really made one sit-up and take notice of Myshkin.

For instance the watermelon stealing scene. He takes a tense moment and teases the audience. And the next shot is the exact same frame and it returns to something ghastly. "Oh!" oru cinema-la veRum camera position vachchu ivvaLavu seyya mudiyumA!! appadinnu yOsikka vachhcaapla.

Of course it got showy in many places and the edgy nature of acting showed quite funnily at times with Cheran - like the pen-knife fight Roshan mentions :lol:

Nondhalala pudikkalainnAlum, aduththa Myshkin padathukku kaNdippA ticket edukkap pOrEnnA adhukku YS dhAn kAraNam.

+1..But just feel that Myshin overdid things..Take for example the long shots that lead us into the cardboard boxes ...It could have been restrained to just one or two times...But we get it time and time again and it all got too obvious for me. Just felt the novelty with which the scene was shot was lost...

kid-glove
22nd June 2012, 05:08 PM
adhukkaaga VR vandhadhukku appuram pooja kumar'a ellaam pudikka vaaippu irukkunu solringalaa??

If it works well, yes. Otherwise I got Sanu Varghese to blame, don't worry..

SoftSword
22nd June 2012, 05:08 PM
kid, kv, nerd, thanks for en vayitthula beer vaarthifying with respect to CP... konjam relieved innakki...

Nerd
22nd June 2012, 05:09 PM
And YS, the first 2 hours you HAVE to travel with him to understand whats going on. He does not explain a single thing. Middle finger to the audience. Probably the best thriller ever. Very intelligent film making. And the nail cutter fight was beautifully choreographed. I like :-)

Last 30 mins, kodumai though :oops:

Roshan
22nd June 2012, 05:11 PM
Ivar visual poetry-a eluthurathukku ennoda tenner thaana kidaithathu? I'm a film student, intha intelligence-ai appreciate pannanum superficiality-a sagadikanum ithllam othukiren. But Cinema enbathu basically oru entertainment medium illaya? Ennai porutha varai, naan theaterkulla pona, sirikireno aluveno athu kavalai illai, entertainment kidaithatha.. athu pothum. When people my age are going gaga over Justin Bieber and JLS, I learnt to appreciate Hassar and other legendary filmmakers because they provided me this entertainment I was looking for. Sathiyama solren, YS pathapo cinema patha feeling illai etho art museum-ku poitu vantha mathirithaan irukku. Probably a reason why imagery is the only one that has remained in my head.

:notthatway: As Vivek would say "seththa college' - antha museum thaan correct intha padathukku.

aceqoxim
22nd June 2012, 05:11 PM
Ungalla yaaru is guilty of calling Vettai a likable commercial movie?

SoftSword
22nd June 2012, 05:12 PM

oru idhukku solraen... YS worked for me only in the second watch... only then i realized the number of things i missed out noticing first... paakka paakkathaan pudikkum... so time irundhaa, konjam open mindoda... thirumba paarunga... film studentnu solringa... ungala mattum satisfy panra padam mattumdhaan pakkanumnu illai illayaa... epdi ellaam padam edukkuraanga... enna ellaam solla varraanganu therinjukkuradhum paadam dhaanae... mosamaana padattha 4 murai paathaalum, epdi ellaam padam edukka koodaadhunu therinjukkalaam illayaa... epdi irundhaalum ungalukku laabam dhaan...

P_R
22nd June 2012, 05:14 PM
And YS, the first 2 hours you HAVE to travel with him to understand whats going on. He does not explain a single thing. :exactly:

Last 30 mins, kodumai though :oops: Revelation ellAm appadi vandhu dhaanE aagaNum. Whodunnit format-Oda prachchanai. Or did you mean the moralisaum? Talking to camera, slashing at the camera - business.

Climax encounter-la kooda camera ellAm rasikkumpadiyAvE irukkum.
The camera descending the staircase to stab the constable koyindhsaamy. Next shot, the constable on the ground.
siRpi mAdhiri sedhukkiyiruppApla.

Arvind Srinivasan
22nd June 2012, 05:15 PM
Last 30 mins, kodumai though :oops:

Gotta agree...After such a good build up, Myshkin spoils it by turning his characters into mere caricatures...Gosh YGM and Lakshmi Ramakrishnan were unbearable...

KV
22nd June 2012, 05:19 PM
stardust, I think you'd agree if I said 'entertainment' is a very subjective and vague word. I personally like his style of storytelling which I find quite involving. If it appeals to others, I don't know, nor would I really worry about. aaruvam nerayavE theriyum avaroda approchla, but it's fine; doesnt hinder the movie watching experience too much.

On the nailcutter scene, yeah, it looked funny, but I'll take this anyday over jeeps flying 50ft in the air. Oh, btw, the idea was almost like a rehash of the police station fight scene in anjathey. This, I'm quite a fan of. Basically oru videogame approach dhaan... no major logic and all, but very 'entertaining' ;).

aceqoxim
22nd June 2012, 05:20 PM
oru idhukku solraen... YS worked for me only in the second watch... only then i realized the number of things i missed out noticing first... paakka paakkathaan pudikkum... so time irundhaa, konjam open mindoda... thirumba paarunga...

Ithe open minded, devoid of any preconceived notions, ithellamodathane first time watch pannen? Katchigal Kavithayai irukku othu kolgiren. Kathai aanal sarukalla irukke. If anyone who had the last laugh it was the audience when the bald headed duo were revealed as the criminal masterminds. Igor ellam so much better.

But neenga sonna, thappai eppadi seiya koodathu enbathai kathukirathila thappu illai line-kugga I'll give it a second timer.

SoftSword
22nd June 2012, 05:22 PM
Ithe open minded, devoid of any preconceived notions, ithellamodathane first time watch pannen? Katchigal Kavithayai irukku othu kolgiren. Kathai aanal sarukalla irukke. If anyone who had the last laugh it was the audience when the bald headed duo were revealed as the criminal masterminds. Igor ellam so much better.

But neenga soonna, thappai eppadi seiya koodathu enbathai kathukirathila thappu illai line-kugga I'll give it a second timer.

opinion illadhappo irukkura openmind'kum pudikkaama ponadhukku apram irukkura openmind'kum romba vitthiyaasam irukku.. adhukku sonen...

P_R
22nd June 2012, 05:23 PM
Oh, btw, the idea was almost like a rehash of the police station fight scene in anjathey.
Hospital, no?
Unselected part of the movie for me.

SoftSword
22nd June 2012, 05:25 PM
adappOngayya.... navagragam maadhiri aalukku oru pakkam thirumbikkiringa... yaara paathu dhaan pesaradhu... :evil:

PR, did u read that post on kappalOttiya thamizhan... edhukku ungala kaekkaraenaa, neenga gauravam kooda oru murai idha combare panni pesinaapla nyaabags.

KV
22nd June 2012, 05:25 PM
Hospital, no?
oh yeah, hospital. leg slipaagi, inga merge aaitten

Roshan
22nd June 2012, 05:33 PM
//dig/ KV, what happened with Vishy? //end dig

KV
22nd June 2012, 05:34 PM

idea for 'action scene' ku quote pannEnga. podhuva dishyum dishyum kaatchigal na enakku allergy. ivaru standard approach (oru panjukku tonty ft impactu, summa parandhu parandhu adikkardhu, matrix/CTHD style ee adichchaan copy) lendhu konjam velagi, vEra maadhiri try pannraaru. sumaara rasikkumpadiyavE irukku.

Nerd
22nd June 2012, 07:11 PM
:exactly:
Or did you mean the moralisaum? Talking to camera, slashing at the camera - business.

This. That dhaadi's dialogue (I so know his name) breaking the fourth wall etc. ellaam nail on blackboard. Adhukkum padam dhaan kaaraNam, modha two hours vERa engayO koNdupOyi kadEsila kazhuththai pidichi thaLRa maari irunch.

siRpi mAdhiri sedhukkiyiruppApla.
Yeah, even those 'show' scenes, stunning imagery.

P_R
22nd June 2012, 07:28 PM
(I so know his name) Jayaprahas

ajaybaskar
22nd June 2012, 07:35 PM
Jayaprakash, partner of Gnanavel. Together they produced movies like April Madhathil, Thavasi under the banner GJ Cinema. Cheran made him an actor with 'Mayakannaadi'.

jaiganes
22nd June 2012, 07:59 PM
idhu enna ore phrasela aalungala maathi poattu ange inge pottuttu irukkeeha? enna samaasaaram?

kid-glove
22nd June 2012, 08:15 PM
idhu enna ore phrasela aalungala maathi poattu ange inge pottuttu irukkeeha? enna samaasaaram?

I don't respond to Last Airbender fans

P_R
22nd June 2012, 09:32 PM

Seththu Seththu vilayAduvOmA?

jaiganes
22nd June 2012, 09:57 PM
I don't respond to Last Airbender fans

whatta movie - adhai rasikkarathukku oru mano nilai venum.. u are missing that..
good movie is inside the person watching it..

NOV
23rd June 2012, 08:50 AM
OTOH sondhakkural illAdha Shemran - pinRaappA pinRA! ammaNi vittuttu pOna idam, appadiyE irukku.agree with you 100%
not a single new actress has shown any acting skill since Simran.

KlamRoyA
23rd June 2012, 09:30 AM
agree with you 100%
not a single new actress has shown any acting skill since Simran.

Sum credits should go to Jo too..

NOV
23rd June 2012, 09:34 AM
Sum credits should go to Jo too..Jothika left the industry before Simran

KlamRoyA
23rd June 2012, 09:38 AM
Ya.. bt jothika kooda nalla nadippanga..i lik her..
nd also Laila (pithamagan) too.. missed her a lot..

equanimus
23rd June 2012, 11:57 AM
On yudhdham sei, I had written this long reply to kid-glove (saved it for later) but never posted. In the wake of the discussion here, let me post that in the corresponding thread.

kid-glove
23rd June 2012, 12:06 PM
When I say long, it's long. When you say long, I expect it to be longggggggggggggggggg. Do post.

HonestRaj
23rd June 2012, 12:35 PM
When I say long, it's long. When you say long, I expect it to be longggggggggggggggggg. Do post.

NOM to nanbars kid & equar :)

Siv.S
23rd June 2012, 02:57 PM
Thalapathi :thumbsup: All departments :bow:

Thalapathy,Mounaragam are the movies i have watched more times and can watch any number of times again :bow: ,when watched it last night realized that the Sun follows the son throughout the movie.. especially the scenes between Rajini and Jayshankar,and when Sridevi meets Rajini the background sun and the music.. Mani sir :bow: :bow:

Siv.S
23rd June 2012, 03:00 PM
1. kizhakku cheemaiyilE... rank bad film from bharathiraja... .
Ella BR movies revisit panna intha opinion vanthidum pola :oops: recently watched Alaigal Oivathillai.. Very poor..amateurish attempt :neutral: have to watch Kadalora kavithaigal,Muthal Mariyathai again.. my most fav. BR movies.

KlamRoyA
23rd June 2012, 03:28 PM
One of the best scene is http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?7846-Favorite-Scenes-Songs-from-THALAIVAR-Rajini-films-3&p=869926&viewfull=1#post869926

ethanavi thadavai paarthalum salaikka maattenguthu...
one of the best performance frm thalaivar..

Most of the scenes r best of the decade one...
One of the scene..
While rajini, srividya & jaishankar r praying in temple, train crossed wit sound nd rajni & srividya seeing the train nd both eyes filled up wit tears...
No dialogues.. no single word.. but most emotional scene...tats mani :thumbsup: .. Whenever am seeing tis scene my eyes become wet..

"Chinna thaayaval"- One of top 3 of amma songs..:thumbsup:

another one is, when sridevi comes to rajni house nd rajni is crying wit emotional on her lap... best one.. :notworthy:

NOV
23rd June 2012, 04:59 PM
the Sun follows the son throughout the movie.. especially the scenes between Rajini and Jayshankar,and when Sridevi meets Rajini the background sun and the music.. Mani sir :bow: :bow:you should thank Mahabharatham first :lol:

KlamRoyA
23rd June 2012, 05:03 PM

nov ji.. ungalukku piditcha director yaaru... ?

NOV
23rd June 2012, 05:08 PM
too many - from Banthulu to KB to Pakiaraj to Shankar, Mani
current crop also many many - vasantha balan, myskin, balaji sakthivel, etc etc...

Siv.S
23rd June 2012, 05:14 PM
you should thank Mahabharatham first :lol:
Athu ellarukkum Therinchathu thane.. niraiya scenes obvious-aa irukkum :) Intha Sun reference i never noticed..

NOV
23rd June 2012, 06:00 PM
) Intha Sun reference i never noticed..in MB, Karnan is the son of the sun.....

MADDY
23rd June 2012, 06:29 PM
Mahabharata is a epic tale with astronomical amount of sub-plots which would span petabytes of pages - to take some things out of it and make a meaningful reference is itself a great feat.....watched parts of Anjali, Mani absolutely nails the "movie for kids" point.......mani nemba underrated in HUB

NOV
23rd June 2012, 06:58 PM
it was already done earlier sudhir and the earlier version was re-released to huge audiences recently :D

SoftSword
23rd June 2012, 07:01 PM
i prefer thalabadhi to karnan any day... not belittling the monstrous karnan in anyway...
saritthirattha saritthiraama solradhu vaera saadhaarana manusangala vechu solradhu vaera illayaa...

KlamRoyA
23rd June 2012, 07:03 PM
Bt Raavan (vikram) endra paerla mani sir romba sothappi irupparu...

SoftSword
23rd June 2012, 07:04 PM
adhanaala thalabadhiya reject pannidalaamaa?

NOV
23rd June 2012, 07:23 PM
of course we have to accept everyone's opinion VV, but for me Karnan is like all the original songs with Thalapathy being the remixed versions....

SoftSword
23rd June 2012, 07:37 PM
original'nu paatthaa mahabharatham book mattum dhaan original...
karnan padamae remix dhaan...

NOV
23rd June 2012, 07:40 PM
idhu vidhandaavaadham... :boo:

SoftSword
23rd June 2012, 07:45 PM
ungalukku vandhaa rattham enakku vandhaa thakkaalichutneyaa...
karnan unga personal fav, thalabadhi en personal fav... idhula naama agreement'kellaam vara mudiyaadhu... neenga chinnappasanga ipdithaanu nenachu utrunga... naan periyavanga apdithaanu free vidren... :)

NOV
23rd June 2012, 07:46 PM
adhathaan naan aarambaththilE sollittenE....
of course we have to accept everyone's opinion VV, but for me Karnan is like all the original songs with Thalapathy being the remixed versions....

SoftSword
23rd June 2012, 07:48 PM
naanum sonnadhanae sabai kurippula varum...

Siv.S
23rd June 2012, 07:56 PM
in MB, Karnan is the son of the sun.....
Ada athu theriyamaiya ithellam sollittu irukken.. the sun follows the son throughout the movie'nnene..

Nerd
23rd June 2012, 09:15 PM
Thalapathi :thumbsup: All departments :bow:

Thalapathy,Mounaragam are the movies i have watched more times and can watch any number of times again :bow: ,when watched it last night realized that the Sun follows the son throughout the movie.. especially the scenes between Rajini and Jayshankar,and when Sridevi meets Rajini the background sun and the music.. Mani sir :bow: :bow:

:thumbsup: ThaLapathi is my most watched movie in any language.

And Raaja, certainly one among his top 10, songs and BGM. Chinna thaayavaL theme and Sundari on single violin :cry:

app_engine
25th June 2012, 05:11 PM
vAnaprastham (1999 I think)

Both refreshing and depressing.

Refreshing to watch a movie way different from many movies one gets to watch these days.
Focusing on the life of a kathakaLi artist. With Mohanlal easily living the role. Sweet percussion sounds thru out (music-Zakir Hussain, ivar yAru?).

Depressing afterwards, during asai pOdal, as one thinks about what happens thru out the movie to the main character.

Mrs MR is kind of ok but one misses Shobana who could have done the Subadhra role extremely better.

app_engine
25th June 2012, 07:34 PM
The only minor nerudal when watching vAnaprastham was some influences here and there from sAgara sangamam & sindhu bhariavi (not on music or lAlEttan but in general / overall feel).

However, I think it's impossible to document any tale of "traditional-art-expert" without getting into things such as liquor / adultery / dhAridhriyam etc in the Indian context :oops:

One must appreciate the director, however, that not much is dwelt upon such things making one yawn. At least not as much as the focus on the intense feelings of the artist. That way, sabAsh! to him:-)

app_engine
25th June 2012, 07:49 PM
I've browsed the web on vAnaprsatham (to find out how it fared / general reviews etc) and found this link :
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0202055/reviews

It's interesting to see that another guy had expressed the exact same feeling with his review (good yet depressing) :-)

From one of the reviews, I understand that the MD Zakir Hussain is the tablA maestro :shock:
(That's strange, considering that the movie is almost 90% "cheNdai" BGM-ed)...

Anban
25th June 2012, 08:00 PM
I saw this vaanaprastham movie some 2 or 3 years.. super :clap: totally gripping.. Mohanlal romba nalla thaan nadikkiraaru.. highly underplayed and very natural yet very emotional performance..

app_engine
25th June 2012, 09:34 PM
Anban, though it's not fair to compare, how will you relatively rate in the following cases:

-Kamal in sAgara sangamam (salangai oli) v/s Lal in vAnaprastham
-Jayapradha (SS) v/s Suhasihi (VP)
-Suhasini (SB) v/s Suhasini (VP)
-Sivakumar(SB) v/s Lal (VP)

(I'm not proposing Sivakumar v/s Kamal for obvious reasons)

venkkiram
25th June 2012, 09:47 PM
Ella BR movies revisit panna intha opinion vanthidum pola :oops: recently watched Alaigal Oivathillai.. Very poor..amateurish attempt :neutral: have to watch Kadalora kavithaigal,Muthal Mariyathai again.. my most fav. BR movies.பதினாறு வயதினிலே, கல்லுக்குள் ஈரம், ஒரு கைதியின் டைரி, மண் வாசனை, கடலோரக் கவிதைகள், முதல் மரியாதை, வேதம் புதிது, என் உயிர் தோழன், கருத்தம்மா - திரும்ப திரும்ப பார்த்தாலும் பெரும்பாலான காட்சிகள் போரடிக்காம இருக்கிறது எனக்கு.

KlamRoyA
25th June 2012, 09:49 PM
பதினாறு வயதினிலே, கல்லுக்குள் ஈரம், ஒரு கைதியின் டைரி, மண் வாசனை, கடலோரக் கவிதைகள், முதல் மரியாதை, வேதம் புதிது, என் உயிர் தோழன், கருத்தம்மா - திரும்ப திரும்ப பார்த்தாலும் பெரும்பாலான காட்சிகள் போரடிக்காம இருக்கிறது எனக்கு.

+1111111.....

Mudhal mariyathai wil be my top priority of Bharathiraja movie..

i might see it at least 20 times..

V_S
25th June 2012, 10:09 PM
Poove Poochoodavaa on KTV last night. It was one of the most favorite film during my school days. One of my most watched films those days. After that I have never seen that movie. I was not sure if it will be that interesting now when I sat for that movie yesterday. This film has not even diminished (in interest) a little in all these years. Those days when we watched Nadiya's acting in this film, her first film (in thamizh, not sure about other languages), we all fell for her acting and could not believe that was her first film. So friendly and casual to the camera. Her acting used to be our benchmark for a debut actress, since we used to see mediocre acting by debut actresses in BR films including the great Radhikas, Radhas and many more who proved their talents afterwards, but not in their first film.

Those childish winking to VKR, teasing SV Shekar and even her paatti by sneezing, all still thoroughly enjoyable. Sameway when it comes to emotional scenes she again stole the show, especially when she hears SVS enjoying after she fooled her and her last dialogues with Padmini when Padmini was angry to see Nadiya's father (her son-in-law). In fact every scene she was fabulous.

Padmini's acting is par excellence. :notworthy: I have never seen such a grandmother in long long time. She lived in that character. Initially she refuses Nadiya when she likes to go on a boat, but later when she finds the truth of her grand daughter, immediately Fazil shifts us to the boat ride where we can see different emotions of the legend and how she makes her grand daughter happy. The last scene where she fits the bell again hoping she will come back, can melt any heart. Kudos to Fazil for making such a brilliant film. :clap: I know it is a remake of his own malayalam film (Nokketha Doorathu Kannum Nattu), still this is a wonderful remake in any remake history. If I can remember only one Padmini film, this will be the one.

Great support cast by S V Shekar. He is equally hilarious and emotional. Great actor which I miss him nowadays, not just for comedies. Very few supporting cast, but everyone VKR, Sukumari, Jai Shankar, Priest (I forgot his name, use to act very well always) did their part very well.

Coming to the music, can there be anything better. Beautiful songs. Chitra chechi in her teens I believe, what a beautiful voice and singing! It is her musical show throughout. Title song with some wonderful lyrics (naan un magaLaaga vEndum) invoked big tears in me.The motifs which runs as the veins of the film and also in us. I would like to collect that last piano piece which Nadiya plays accompanied by some heavy violins, tells stories about this extra-ordinary man and his work. :notworthy: Superb stuff!

Memorable film even now and I think will be forever.

tamizharasan
25th June 2012, 11:02 PM
Some scenes on thalapathy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=DL83pHb3SLs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrfjIlsRlM0&feature=related

KlamRoyA
25th June 2012, 11:36 PM
tamil ... Excellent share... :notworthy:

Roshan
26th June 2012, 12:12 AM
Some scenes on thalapathy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=DL83pHb3SLs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrfjIlsRlM0&feature=related

Beautiful !!!

SoftSword
26th June 2012, 12:25 AM
:notworthy:

venkkiram
26th June 2012, 02:23 AM
தளபதி - ஒரு முழுமையான திருப்தி கொடுக்காத மணியின் படைப்பாக கருதுகிறேன். கதை, கதை நகர்வு, பாத்திரங்களின் சிறப்பான குணங்கள் எதுவுமே இயல்பாக இல்லாமல் ரஜினி - மம்முட்டி என்ற இரண்டு நட்சத்திரங்கள், ராஜாவின் பாடல்கள், அசத்தலான விஷுவல்கள் போன்றவற்றை நம்பியே மணி படமெடுக்க முடிவு செய்துவிட்டாறென்றே தோன்றவைக்கும் படைப்பு தளபதி. ஒரு அலைபாயுதே படத்தை ரசித்து பார்க்கும் திருப்தி தளபதியில் கிடைப்பதில்லை. சீட்டாட்டத்துல ஜோக்கர் அட்டை எதிர்பார்ப்புக்கு மீறி நிறைய சேர்ந்து போனால் ஜெயிப்பது கடினம். அதுபோல தளபதியில் பாடல்கள். ஈர்ப்பான கதையோட்டம் இல்லாதது குறை. ஒரே ஒரு ஆறுதல் - ரஜினியின் தேர்ந்த நடிப்பிற்கு மணி அமைத்த மேடை. ஆனால் அது மட்டுமே போதவில்லை படைப்பின் ஒட்டுமொத்த எதிர்பார்ப்பிற்கு..

groucho070
26th June 2012, 07:08 AM
...mani nemba underrated in HUBI thought it was otherwise.

groucho070
26th June 2012, 07:10 AM
Maasi.

Can use the film for drinking game. Each time Arjun shoots someone, you take a shot of whiskey. Winner is one who stays around and I bet he won't last more than half an hour.

KlamRoyA
26th June 2012, 08:52 AM
ரஜினியின் தேர்ந்த நடிப்பிற்கு மணி அமைத்த மேடை. ஆனால் அது மட்டுமே போதவில்லை படைப்பின் ஒட்டுமொத்த எதிர்பார்ப்பிற்கு..

+1...

v r thinking tat Rajni got Superstar pattam only doing masala movies.. in my point of view, its not at all lik tis..
He is nw in tis status, bcos of did gud acting in many movies lik Thalabathy, 6 to 60 varai, Mullum malarum, Avargal, Pollathavn... the list is going on...
I dont knw Rajini dint do any performance oriented films after Thalabathy (sum credits to Enthiran).. Tats y the current (younger) generation does nt knw the other face of Rajini (Gud acting skills)..

Mahen
26th June 2012, 10:42 AM
:bow: for thalapathy..Easily one of Rajni's best..I can keep watching the film again and again..and Nayagan was one of Kamals best..but why didnt he work with them again? :think:

Grouch, maddy sonathuthaan unmai..Eppo oru village masala(devar magan) >>> cult classic (nayagan) decision-ku vanthapram, mani rombave underrated ayitaru :)

P_R
26th June 2012, 10:55 AM
Village masala ....adadada

groucho070
26th June 2012, 10:55 AM
ennathu village masala-vA? pOchuda....

Plus "cult classic" usually means a rediscovered gem of a film that was neglected in the first place. Nayagan was a critical and box-office success back then. Hey Ram is a cult classic. Nayagan is Coppola/Leone wannabe :razz:

raghavendran
26th June 2012, 10:59 AM
Nayagan is Coppola/Leone wannabe :razz:agree...

P_R
26th June 2012, 11:02 AM
ONNu indha goshtila irukkaNum, illai andha goshtila irukkaNum pOla irukkE

Sondha abimaanamnu oNNu irukkulla

KlamRoyA
26th June 2012, 11:09 AM
Devar magan - Village naattamai
Naayagan - City naattamai..

simple..

ajaybaskar
//Grouch,How did u end up watching Maasi? :huh://

raghavendran

ajaybaskar
26th June 2012, 11:10 AM
Devar magan - Village naattamai
Naayagan - City naattamai..

simple..

Lovena enna? Lodgela room poduradhu... :)

KlamRoyA
26th June 2012, 11:13 AM
Lovena enna? Lodgela room poduradhu... :)

Ethukku intha dialogue ipo..

Parthyy
26th June 2012, 11:13 AM

groucho070
26th June 2012, 11:14 AM
//Grouch,How did u end up watching Maasi? :huh://:lol: nothing on TV, wife veetula illa, only with baby, sari macho-vA ethAchum payyanukku kattulAmnu nenechen. But I did switch about half an hour to watch Chef Jacob in SunTV, switched back and he was still shooting people. They should have tied-in with some video game buggers.

SoftSword
26th June 2012, 03:26 PM
:bow: for thalapathy..Easily one of Rajni's best..I can keep watching the film again and again..and Nayagan was one of Kamals best..but why didnt he work with them again? :think:

Grouch, maddy sonathuthaan unmai..Eppo oru village masala(devar magan) >>> cult classic (nayagan) decision-ku vanthapram, mani rombave underrated ayitaru :)

mahen... jeans tshirt frock ellaam pottutu varaanga hero-heroine... family paattu paadittu irukkappo veettu mutthatthula ninnu muttham kudutthukkuraanga... kalyanam aanappuramum girlfriend kooda trainla kiss adikkiraar hero...
idha poi village'nu solliteenga... malaysia'la kooda idhellaam seyya yosippaanga...

adhu sari... enakku oru doubt...
japanil kalyanaraman village padamaa city-based padamaa?

KlamRoyA
26th June 2012, 03:34 PM
japanil kalyanaraman village padamaa city-based padamaa?

international movie.. :lol:

groucho070
26th June 2012, 03:36 PM
SS :lol: Jappanil Kalyanaraman, trying to write a Retro Review, but pazhaya paasam, mudiyala. My Retro Review is exclusive, apparently, for NT and Rajini - my loving tease (or I'd be slaughtered by hcrf wifey). Kamal, I just cannot.

HonestRaj
28th June 2012, 12:12 AM
SS :lol: Jappanil Kalyanaraman, trying to write a Retro Review, but pazhaya paasam, mudiyala. My Retro Review is exclusive, apparently, for NT and Rajini - my loving tease (or I'd be slaughtered by hcrf wifey). Kamal, I just cannot.

kamal - GM - SR - Radha chechi

faithiu11
28th June 2012, 06:31 AM
Thadaiyara Thaakka
intense action thriller..nice movie with good twists and turns..really feeling sad for arun vijay...really surprising y the hell in the world producers dint promoted it well:confused2:

Mahen
28th June 2012, 11:03 AM
If Vijay or any big star had done the movie, padam super hit :) Felt sad for Arun Vijay..looks good, acts decent but luck mattum illai..Hes >>>Ravi/Vishal/Arya imo
And Magizh Thirumeni is a director to look out for..

NOV
28th June 2012, 05:16 PM
Alfred Hitchcock's To Catch A Thief :)

have been watching too many movies, that I could guess the criminal within the first half of the movie. :)
I wonder how many ppl would have the patience to sit thru today...

Cinemarasigan
28th June 2012, 06:36 PM
If Vijay or any big star had done the movie, padam super hit :) Felt sad for Arun Vijay..looks good, acts decent but luck mattum illai..Hes >>>Ravi/Vishal/Arya imo
And Magizh Thirumeni is a director to look out for..

Arun Vijay should do what a small hero should do and select the subject accordingly... this movie should have been done by a hero who has an image of an Action hero... illEnA ippdi thaan aagum..

ajaybaskar
28th June 2012, 06:44 PM
He was apt for the role. I think Mahen meant the opening that big heroes get that would've helped the movie. Many of my friends didn't even bother to watch the movie in the theatre. They waited for the five star DVD which released last week.

faithiu11
28th June 2012, 06:46 PM
in my opinion arun vijay did his part exceptionally well

Nerd
29th June 2012, 02:11 AM
Arun Vijay..looks good, acts decent but luck mattum illai..Hes >>>Ravi/Vishal/Arya imo

Arya-vaa? idhu epdi, Santhanam is good-looking maadhiriyaa :lol2:

Who is Ravi? 7G?

VinodKumar's
29th June 2012, 02:12 AM
Arya-vaa? idhu epdi, Santhanam is good-looking maadhiriyaa :lol2:

Who is Ravi? 7G?

VinodKumar's
29th June 2012, 02:14 AM
He was apt for the role. I think Mahen meant the opening that big heroes get that would've helped the movie. Many of my friends didn't even bother to watch the movie in the theatre. They waited for the five star DVD which released last week.

I didn't even bother to watch this movie online :|.

directhit
29th June 2012, 07:50 AM
Amazing Spidey! - can watch for the Good CG and choreo involving Spidey, but it was rank bad for the Lizard ones! Relief that i dont have to see Toby when the mask is taken off, Garfield seems much better and Emma stone is good as well. Rhys Ifans was a big let down, useless villain makes superhero movies go down some notches. Not sure what Irrfan Khan was doing in the movie...

Cant wait for Nolan's DKR ;)

Nerd
29th June 2012, 06:59 PM
Been watching Mayakkamenna in parts (Sun TV Video on Demand). They have cut so many scenes, some for profanity and some for the length.

-The choice profanity used in the first beach scene (Inglis pEsa therinja _____ :lol: :lol: )
-The length of the delightfully elaborative Valentine's day scene. VennilavE vennilvE :lol:

I have stopped watching after the cut-to-the wedding scene. AdhukkappuRam onnu reNdu scene dhaan thErum, mostly torchal. And in the first half except those sabbaa photography scenes, really good it was. And Dhanus thambi :shock: Like to quote two scenes:

-His expressions, making a decision within himself, resorting to the last weapon in his armory - "You are like my sister"
-The body language when caught red-handed hugging Yamini - reducing himself to something extremely insignificant and accepting the slap with all the heart.

engEyO pOitteenga thambi :bow:

P_R
29th June 2012, 07:05 PM
I too saw only till mErEj.
Dhanush brilliant.
sister :clap: :lol:

The Hindi in the theatre scene :rotfl:

Best actor around.

kid-glove
29th June 2012, 07:11 PM
Sonnom'la

kid-glove
29th June 2012, 07:12 PM
That was to Nerd, not Simran fans

preethamm
29th June 2012, 07:21 PM
Saguni - Crap movie.Too much promotion for this
Even the very much enjoyable Karthi-Santhanam(Siruthai) part falls Flat
Karthi's dance and 'Cute' Expressions during songs are :lol:

Nerd
29th June 2012, 08:06 PM
:mrgreen:

P_R
29th June 2012, 08:10 PM

hayyO hayyo!

enga kroopukkE avar dhaanga thalaivaru

SoftSword
29th June 2012, 08:10 PM

watta murderous rage!

jaiganes
29th June 2012, 08:26 PM
Sonnom'la
correction ... it is "sonnamla".
diction romba mukkiyam thambi.

P_R
29th June 2012, 08:54 PM
Hello cemetery-mate, Airbender paarthuttu enna diction correction vENdi irukku ?

Nerd
29th June 2012, 08:56 PM
Who shemran? Telex Pandian's wife?

Now that Anjali has lost it, my eyes are on Iniya now :yes:

SoftSword
cemetery-mate, fellow-corpse, ghost-colleage.... :lol:

SoftSword
Who shemran? Telex Pandian's wife?

rejetted... molachu moonu elai vidattum modhalla...

P_R
29th June 2012, 08:58 PM
Oh confirm-A?
oru mAdhiri typecast paNNittAingannu kELvippattEn.

San_K
29th June 2012, 09:25 PM
rejetted... molachu moonu elai vidattum modhalla...

nalla paathu sollungo :mrgreen:

kid-glove
29th June 2012, 09:36 PM
Nerd-ar :evil: Rest in peace.