PDA

View Full Version : Thuppariyum Anand - Suriya, Gautham Menon in 2013

itzashwin
12th June 2012, 12:03 PM
Suriya and Gautham Menon, a superb combo in Tamil Cinema who had earlier given us Kaakha Kaakha, Vaaranam Aayiram is now coming together for the third time. 8-):2thumbsup:

http://www.moviecrow.com/News/998/suriya-bags-gautham-menons-next

itzashwin
12th June 2012, 12:04 PM
This is definitely the mother of all exciting news. Yes! Notable director Gautham Menon would be teaming up with Suriya for his upcoming project titled Thuppariyum Anand which was supposed to have been done by Ajith a few years back. Gautham looks like he might revive this project now with Suriya in the lead. This project will commence once Gautham Menon completes Yohan with Vijay and Suriya his other commitments.

And to top it all, Deepika Padukone might be the on screen partner for Suriya. And Bollywood veteran Amitabh Bachchan is also likely to play a crucial role in the film. Music most probably would be scored by A R Rahman and the film will be produced by Gautham Menon's Photon Kathas and Madhan's Escape Artists Motion Pictures. It has been said that the film will be that of a spy genre set in a different period. Suriya and Gautham Menon combo has always worked magic at the box office and for fans, this is going to be an exciting project to look forward to. An official announcement is expected soon. More updates follow!

Source: Behindwoods
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/jun-12-02/suriya-gautham-menon-12-06-12.html

itzashwin
13th June 2012, 03:57 PM
With two blockbusters 'Kaakha Kaakha' & 'Varanam Ayiram' delivered by this deadly combo, it's officially confirmed that they are ready to rock with a 3rd mega venture.

As per earlier reports a film titled 'Thupariyum Anand' which is said to be a detective story was written by Gautham Menon for Ajith to star in it.

Even the project was signed and was said to be produced by Dhayanidhi Alagiri, later it was shelved for various reasons.

Now GVM has called up Surya to play the role and he also at once nodded to join his favorite director adds sources.

Source: SuperGoodMovies
http://www.supergoodmovies.com/45711/kollywood/surya-teams-up-with-gvm-again-news-details

preethamm
13th June 2012, 04:23 PM
Oh After Nandha,Kakka Kakka,Ghajini,Yohan next gift from Ajith sure superhit

itzashwin
14th June 2012, 11:43 AM
Oh After Nandha,Kakka Kakka,Ghajini,Yohan next gift from Ajith sure superhit

Gift ah :rotfl3:

Avar velagi poitta adhu eppadi gift aagum, edho perundhanmaiya vittu kudutha maadhiri solrEngale

itzashwin
14th June 2012, 11:51 AM
It is official. Gautham Menon and Suriya are teaming up after four years. The duo, who have given fans films like Kaakha Kaakha and Vaaranam Aayiram, will now pair up for the third time.

Sources hint that this could be the same project that Gautham has been in talks with Ajith for a few years. While those remain as speculations, Gautham confirms that he is indeed joining hands with Suriya.

Talking to us from London, the filmmaker confirmed that he would be doing the Suriya project after completing Yohan with Vijay. "Yes, we will be working together. An official announcement will be made shortly," he said.

There are already speculations galore with regards to the rest of the cast, with people associating Bollywood names like Deepika Padukone to the project. But Gautham refutes any such developments. "Other than the most important person on board, Suriya, we haven't approached or talked to anyone," he says.

-TOI

itzashwin
19th June 2012, 02:24 PM
While there were reports earlier about the actor replacing Ajith in Gautham Vasudev Menon's Thuppariyum Anandhan, Gautham's studio and the actor have now officially confirmed the news.

Suriya is all set to don a detective's cap after Singham 2 with Gautham Vasudev Menon's Photon Kathaas Productions for Thuppariyum Anandhan. Gautham will direct the film after he completes Yohan with Vijay.

Suriya says, "When Gautham and I come together, people expect romance, great songs and action.Thuppariyum Anandhan will offer the audience all this and so much more, packaged in a style never seen before."

Gautham says, "I am really excited that Suriya has come on board to do Thuppariyum Anandhan with me. This will be an action adventure in a contemporary styled period film. All cliches associated with making a period film will be broken with this effort."

The production sources reveal that Thuppariyum Anandhan is likely to start filming in early 2013.

itzashwin
24th June 2012, 12:35 PM
Everytime they have got together, they have created absolute magic! So when a hot and happening star like Suriya and a high profile filmmaker like Gautham Vasudev Menon come together once again, huge expectations and excitement are a given among K’town audiences. Not surprisingly, ever since Gautham announced his new venture Thuppariyum Anandhan with Suriya, excitement levels have reached a new high. Thrilled at the effusive response to the project’s launch, Gautham talks exclusively to DC about all that is lined up and the flirtatious investigator that Suriya is going to play. “I have been working on this investigative thriller script for the last four years. In fact, I first narrated the idea only to Suriya.. I even designed a poster with Suriya’s face to get an idea of how he would look in the film. But we could not work together then as he was busy with his other film commitments and in time, I also moved on to mine,” he says. “When we met recently, we discussed the project again and by now the script had also come to a decent shape. I was really excited when Suriya said ‘go ahead brother’ for Thuppariyum Anandhan.”. Going into the details of the period drama that is being produced by his home banner, Photon Kathaas, the ace director says, “It’s a swashbuckling period (1920) script; a lot of pre-production and designing work has already gone into the project, in terms of Suriya’s looks and get up. Suriya’s look and styling in the film are inspired by the legend MGR who made a fashion statement in the ‘40s and ‘50s with his films.”. And the story? “Well, the story goes like this —- Anandhan is hired by the British government to investigate a controversial case.”. The best part is that Gautham could convince Suriya to play the intriguing protagonist in the movie. Yes, Suriya plays Anandhan, a flirtatious playboy — along with a surprise element, says Gautham. The hot star is probably going to be seen for the first time in a lovable role of this kind with slightly grey shades to it! “If this Thuppariyum Anandhan succeeds, I am planning to make a franchise of TA with Suriya,” he signs off.

HonestRaj
24th June 2012, 03:07 PM
franchise of TA
franchise of Yohan

what else..

ajaybaskar
24th June 2012, 03:13 PM
Kaakka Kaakka sequel is also being planned as a television series with R Parthiban enacting the role of Anbuselvan IPS. VV sequel was also on the cards.

itzashwin
25th June 2012, 10:42 AM
franchise of TA
franchise of Yohan

what else..

actually, indha franchise na enna :confused2:

itzashwin
3rd July 2012, 06:52 PM
Gautham Menon's new girl for Suriya

Right as she is out of the Karthi movie Saguni, Pranitha seems to have jumped straight into an offer that will have her alongside Suriya. Suriya's film with Gautham Menon, Thuppariyum Anandhan will have Pranitha playing his lead and the deal has been struck recently according to the production sources.

Earlier, Pranitha had to turn down a Sundar C film since she had to give away bulk call sheets for the movie.

-Behindwoods

Anban
3rd July 2012, 07:48 PM
this movie's concept is really nice..