PDA

View Full Version : Settai - Arya - Santhanam - Premji Amaren - Anjali - Hansika Motwani

owkaniye
20th July 2012, 03:22 PM
Settai (Tamil: சேட்டை) is the tentative title for an upcoming Indian Tamil comedy film directed by R. Kannan. A remake of the 2011 Hindi film, Delhi Belly, it stars Arya, Hansika Motwani, Anjali, Santhanam and Premji Amaren. The film, which began filming began in Chennai on 7 May 2012,is scheduled for a release in December 2012.

Cast

Arya
Santhanam
Premji Amaren
Hansika Motwani as Madhu
Anjali
Nassar
Suja Varunee
Ali

Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Settai

balaajee
20th July 2012, 04:00 PM
Delhi Belly- is a ok movie, i don't think it will suit TAMIL audience(need to have several cuts for tamil version)

VinodKumar's
20th July 2012, 09:16 PM
Spark :rotfl:.

Senareb
1st September 2012, 11:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KufhO00cs8&feature=player_embedded

HonestRaj
2nd September 2012, 12:04 AM
Hansika - Anjali ellam konjam olli aana madhiri theriyudhu

kid-glove
2nd September 2012, 12:07 AM
Ultimate fail if Nazar is going to do Vijay Raaz role..

nickraman
2nd September 2012, 02:06 AM
Ultimate fail if Nazar is going to do Vijay Raaz role..

Next Osthi ready.

selvakumar
2nd September 2012, 03:41 AM
Santhanam and famous telugu comedian Ali are joining for the first time. Interesting. I would like see Santhanam with Brahmi :D
Will watch it definitly for Santhan-Arya combo.. Hansika-Anjali look like matured aunties. :shaking: Vera heroines ae kedakaliya ungalukku :huh:

Senareb
2nd September 2012, 12:24 PM
Anjali look like matured aunties.

Anjali already became forced aunty..:yessir:

balaajee
31st January 2013, 03:55 PM
Audio RELEASE..........

NOV
5th April 2013, 09:05 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BHDnGWxCEAAoMyA.jpg:large

Anban
5th April 2013, 03:05 PM
another utter flop

Cinemarasigan
5th April 2013, 04:50 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BHDnGWxCEAAoMyA.jpg:large

இந்த போஸ்டர்ல இருக்கற எல்லோரும் "படம் பாக்க உள்ள வாங்கடா, உங்கள கடிச்சு குதறிடறோம் "-ங்கற மாதிரி முறைச்சு பாக்குறானுங்க.. :lol:

Parthyy
5th April 2013, 04:55 PM
இந்த போஸ்டர்ல இருக்கற எல்லோரும் "படம் பாக்க உள்ள வாங்கடா, உங்கள கடிச்சு குதறிடறோம் "-ங்கற மாதிரி முறைச்சு பாக்குறானுங்க.. :lol:

illa premji paartha padam paarthuttu vanthu nonthu ponavan pola irukkaan :lol:

ajaybaskar
5th April 2013, 05:30 PM
Delhi Belly ran because of its raw comedy and swear words. Without that the film is nothing different from what Santhanam collects and takes to the lab.

NOV
5th April 2013, 05:32 PM
another utter flop
Why this kolaveri?

SoftSword
5th April 2013, 05:33 PM
i think the movie will be filled with <beeps> in tamil...

mappi
5th April 2013, 05:38 PM
It came to everyones suprise that Delhi Belly's flatulence humor clicked with the Northie audiences. That does not mean it would do the same with the Southies.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th April 2013, 07:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmv4MpPUtMQ

Avadi to America
6th April 2013, 04:11 AM
Sitting in theatre with low expectation.

Mahen
6th April 2013, 06:31 AM
okayish movie..theres some very funny moments..avlo thaan..

Mahen
6th April 2013, 06:36 AM
btw i did not watch delhi belly..so was quite surprised Aamir did this film..script wise remba weakku or should i say outdated..

hattori_hanzo
6th April 2013, 08:57 AM
btw i did not watch delhi belly..so was quite surprised Aamir did this film..script wise remba weakku or should i say outdated..

Not Aamir, his marumagan Imran Khan was the hero of Delhi Belly. Aamir just appeared in one song.

uruzalari
6th April 2013, 11:59 AM
Not Aamir, his marumagan Imran Khan was the hero of Delhi Belly. Aamir just appeared in one song.

Aamir was the producer of delhi belly....

Mahen
6th April 2013, 03:50 PM
:oops: i thought he was one of the actors in the film

Avadi to America
6th April 2013, 05:52 PM
After watched settai in theater, I watched delhi belly again. I liked Db more than settai. Vijay raz was outstanding in db. The final choreography by Amir Khan as a disco fighter was excellent immitation of 80s Masala movies.First half in settai is dragging and almost all songs are forced insertion. Instead they could have added final song choreographed by someone like PD. Rendu auntiyum rendu bero Mathiri nikuthunga.

NOV
7th April 2013, 06:23 PM
ok movie... paarkalaam... paarkaamalum irukkalaam
quite obvious they are riding on the popularity of BEB, but nowhere near it
anjali is fat :roll:
premgi continues being unfunny
arya looks bored and repeats his earlier movies

watch, if you have nothing better to do

ajaybaskar
8th April 2013, 07:03 AM
Premji doesn't have any comic sense. VP does and used him perfectly in his first few films.

NOV
8th April 2013, 07:09 AM
Now I am missing Vadivelu & Vivek :cry2:

RC
8th April 2013, 09:17 PM
NOV - sirippoli TV paarunga!

rsubras
8th April 2013, 10:09 PM

Nov, be specific............ subdued Vadivelu and Vivek nu sollunga........ a comedian trying hard (or resorts to toilet comedy / over noise) to do comedy act is always an irritation......

nickraman
9th April 2013, 12:39 AM
It came to everyones suprise that Delhi Belly's flatulence humor clicked with the Northie audiences. That does not mean it would do the same with the Southies.

Truth be told, anything with Aamir Khan's name (whether he's produced a movie or acted in it) sells to Northies. Like how Shankar's films sell to us irrespective of content.

IMO, Delhi Belly was Aamir's worst production till date. Can't fathom how it ran, intha Imran Khan has become poor-man's Prithviraj minus his uncle's talent. Not surprised, the remake is a flop in the US.

nickraman
9th April 2013, 12:41 AM

Vivek more. He's missing his dialogue writer, Prasanna Kumar. If Vadivel can come back to Friends form, would be great.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
9th April 2013, 12:50 AM
Vedivel and his writer surely can create many new stuff. Half work by the writer and rest of the work by vadivel's dialog deliver, expression, body language etc! But vivek still depends on dialog based comedy and his themes has become boring, whereas vadivel's even much older stuff are still fresh! Also he has a really superb writer, most of his dialogs are the most famous punch dialog sich that even a superstar cannot beat!

But in today's pathetic trend, if vivek and his team does even give their quarter best, it will be much relief from the arrogantly boring mokkais of today

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
9th April 2013, 12:54 AM
Becoming popular and getting a decent market is one thing. but sustaining is what the bigger thing. Vadivel and vivek, even after they well became popular and mainstream, still they were able to stay for long time and ppl didn't felt boring, for quite some time.

Santhanam's zeal went a straight low, as soon as he became popular. Sivakarthikeyan's stuff fell off even much faster. that guy delivered soem decent stuff here and there in Television, though. So these guys know how to become popular and noticeable, and knows absolutely nothing on how to sustain and still climb higher, after becoming popular!

mappi
9th April 2013, 04:31 PM
Truth be told, anything with Aamir Khan's name (whether he's produced a movie or acted in it) sells to Northies.

Agreed, no wonder Ghajini was a massive hit there (that too with Asin and an extended 15 minutes Climax)
But with respect to Delhi Belly, his strategical promotion must be appreciated.
1. promoting it as a "peter" film - there he got all the teeanage girls and SRK aunties & when there are ladoos there are ...
2. Songs like DK Bose, I love you I hate you and Punture, where the lyricist had juggled with the pronouncation of normal words into abusive meaning mainly refering to sex - Here he made the Local guys who anyway go to movies watch it several times.
3. campaigns like "one of its kind" , "shit happens", "new in bollywood" etc., only increased the curiosity.
4. Soon the film released, he went ahead in posting clips and tempting people which made "liberate-minded" parents taking no offense in watching fart scenes with their kids.
5. With the media, he kept it tight with the word of mouth.
6. Finally putting all his weight in getting most of the "money-can-buy" awards for the movie.

Thus Delhi Belly faired pretty well at the box office and looking at its production cost, fetched a huge sum for the producer.

SoftSword
9th April 2013, 04:37 PM
1. promoting it as a "peter" film - there he got all the teeanage girls and SRK aunties...

idhu enna equation... explain pls.

mappi
9th April 2013, 05:04 PM
Settai (2013) (Tamil)
(Official Remake of Hindi movie Delhi Belly)
Directed by R. Kannan
Produced by Ronnie Screwvala
Music by S.Thaman
Banner : UTV Motion Pictures

Starring : Arya, Anjali, Hansika Motwani, Santhanam, Premji Amaren, Nasser & others who have nothing much to do.

Let me keep it simple : 3 collegue-turned friends accidently get into a diamond heist and are hunted by the mafia who want the diamonds back badly. Begins a cat and mouse game between them and who gets the diamonds forming the end.

Just wondering why so much whining about Settai. Its exactly the photo-copy of Delhi Belly, be it costumes or dialogues. Its a mere Tamil translated version of the original. So there is no point in talking and critising the humour the film presents. [Except - Santhanams "so-funny" abuses + intimate scenes/sounds + censored cursing]

But many other factors make Settai a truely ugly show, the ultimate being the casting. Arya was disinterested , Premji was lost and Santhanam took the centre stage. Not to mention Anjali and Hansika. What worked in the original are not only the characters but the people who played it. Thats totaly missing here. The second being the Villan. Not to draw a comparison between them, but Nasser does fall short even with his menancing nose. Thirdly, Kannan had noted the irregular silence in the bgm in the original. But he failed to understand why and implemented the same in Settai, making people wonder if the Speaker Boxes at the cinema hall is messy. The brief silence is potray the with held humour of the paticular scene and it did work in the original. But in Settai, nothing was humourous to note in the first hand.

Just to make my point :
See the Delhi Belly "brown-cover covered-face-menancing-game" on Sonia character scene & the one on Hansika in Settai.
"Dhuniya mein Pyar" replaced by "Ponal Pogatum Poda" => they could have kept the hindi song as the story happens in Bombay. But what made them use Ponal Pogatum Poda does bring funny imaginations wrt the scene.

Still Settai has some funny moments here and there, strictly for a people who want to look into it.

Settai - Extremely Bad

mappi
9th April 2013, 05:10 PM
idhu enna equation... explain pls.

Well well well .... as you have asked : Delhi Belly was actually promoted as an English-Hindi movie (where most of the parts have english dialogues). So it did attract the college-going-modern-indian young women and the lady-fans of SRK (who basically are trying to get modernised by watching SRK movies ... LoL)

And thats a sarcastic way of telling that the promotions were mainly addressed to women.

mappi
9th April 2013, 05:17 PM
the arrogantly boring mokkais of today

Agree.

nickraman
9th April 2013, 11:17 PM
Well well well .... as you have asked : Delhi Belly was actually promoted as an English-Hindi movie (where most of the parts have english dialogues). So it did attract the college-going-modern-indian young women and the lady-fans of SRK (who basically are trying to get modernised by watching SRK movies ... LoL)

And thats a sarcastic way of telling that the promotions were mainly addressed to women.

Aiyoo, SRK lady fans are worst in theatres.

Pona Diwali naan JTHJ paarthen. So much hooting from ladies during the awkward and predictable scenes, it brought back memories of Sivaji's screening. Padam being blade is different story, but the fans...too much.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
10th April 2013, 10:48 AM
https://soundcloud.com/balajipatturaj/92-7-big-fms-take-it-easy-2

HonestRaj
12th April 2013, 09:22 PM
Kaattu mokkai...
Unfunniest lifeless remake...
I've seen the original

CEDYBLUE
13th April 2013, 08:28 AM
Watched the movie yesterday.....
i have not watched the original and to me the movie moved at snails pace...
Santhanam had some good one-liners and Arya looked disinterested for the major part.
Hansika was beautiful and Anjali was plain-irritating.
The movie was o.k. for a one-time view.

ecureuhapis
13th April 2013, 02:35 PM
https://soundcloud.com/balajipatturaj/92-7-big-fms-take-it-easy-2

:rotfl2: naanthan mukesh.

HonestRaj
13th April 2013, 04:04 PM
settai - kattana kazhippida kOttai .. :rotfl:

hattori_hanzo
15th April 2013, 10:29 AM
அதென்ன எல்லாருமே ஒரே மாதிரி ஆர்யா looks disinterested சொல்றீங்க. Interest இருந்தா மட்டும் பல வித முக பாவனைகள் வெளிப்படுத்துவாரோ?

paranitharan
15th April 2013, 10:39 AM
He's not bad. He was pretty good in Arinthum Ariyaamalum, Avan Ivan, Naan Kadavul, the Visnuvardan film with Bharath and the film in which he acts as a auto racer. Sorry can't remember thr names. He was original and entertaining.

hattori_hanzo
15th April 2013, 01:47 PM
He's not bad. He was pretty good in Arinthum Ariyaamalum, Avan Ivan, Naan Kadavul, the Visnuvardan film with Bharath and the film in which he acts as a auto racer. Sorry can't remember thr names. He was original and entertaining.

He was a new face in AA and hence looked refreshingly different. Apram vandha ellaa padathilum adhe nadippu dhaan. Neenga sonna padam - Pattiyal. Bharath was much better than Arya in that. Meesai, dhaadi, heavy makeup, stunts - all these props were good in Naan Kadavul. But acting? :roll:

In one of 'Coffee with Anu' episodes, Arya and Saran were interviewed. That was just before the release of Vattaaram. Anu asked Saran - In which of the following do you think Arya needs improvement - Romance, Action, Acting? and he replied instantly "Acting".

ecureuhapis
15th April 2013, 05:01 PM
அதென்ன எல்லாருமே ஒரே மாதிரி ஆர்யா looks disinterested சொல்றீங்க. Interest இருந்தா மட்டும் பல வித முக பாவனைகள் வெளிப்படுத்துவாரோ?

lover-boy looks

paranitharan
15th April 2013, 07:07 PM
He was a new face in AA and hence looked refreshingly different. Apram vandha ellaa padathilum adhe nadippu dhaan. Neenga sonna padam - Pattiyal. Bharath was much better than Arya in that. Meesai, dhaadi, heavy makeup, stunts - all these props were good in Naan Kadavul. But acting? :roll:

In one of 'Coffee with Anu' episodes, Arya and Saran were interviewed. That was just before the release of Vattaaram. Anu asked Saran - In which of the following do you think Arya needs improvement - Romance, Action, Acting? and he replied instantly "Acting".

Not quite true.

He was fantastic in those films, including Naan Kadavul. Too bad for you if you think only you know what's good acting.

interz
8th May 2013, 05:22 PM
Settai - not good
NWR (not worth reviewing)

nickraman
9th May 2013, 09:27 PM
Santhanam had some good one-liners and Arya looked disinterested for the major part.

Arya never had acting talent (Naan Kadavul was a medical miracle) but his standard expressions are mostly stare, mouth dialogue, end scene.

And as SKV mentioned before, Santa's comedies are reaching new lows in which Vivek/Vadivel comedies are becoming golden.