http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_(film)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2302966/

Sunil_M88
7th May 2013, 04:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70F0jtPfadY

Sunil_M88
15th September 2014, 06:38 AM
Here is my music review

http://caughtinthemusicalstorm.wordpress.com/2014/09/15/i-tamil-movie-2014-a-r-rahman-shankar-madhan-karky-kabilan-music-review/

Russellwcy
15th September 2014, 09:17 AM
I started this thread more than 2 years ago, and finally its time to listen to the album... here we go :)

littlemaster1982
15th September 2014, 11:02 AM
Lance, why new ID?

ajaybaskar
15th September 2014, 11:05 AM
Shankar-ARR combo never fails to impress. I is no exception. Really a beast of an album. My favourites in order.

1. Ennodu nee
2. Pookkale
3. Mersalaayitten
4. Aila
5. Ladio

Russellwcy
15th September 2014, 12:36 PM
littlemaster1982, forgot the password to the old one and i don't use the email address its linked to either. so no way of logging into it :(

this Sid Sriram fellow has such a unique style of singing! After Adiye I was hoping to see him again and he has not disappointed. Ennodu Nee Irundhaal is the pick of the album followed by another brilliantly sung Aila Aila! This after only a few listens...

mahen01
15th September 2014, 05:40 PM
Aila Aila - The whole song spoiled by that Female singer's howling. She tried to show her western classical skills and spoiled a good song. Cant hear it more than 3 times. If her howling portion is removed song would ve been 100 times better.

Ladio - cut and paste of english song. So pass

Merasalaiten - Nice song. Pick of the album

Other songs are listenable ok type songs.

mahen01
15th September 2014, 05:53 PM
pookale is also nice

Music4Ever
15th September 2014, 07:32 PM
pookale is also nice

Awesome, mesmerizing, hypnotic, captivating, lilting, melodious, scnitillating..... The first 1.18 minutes.
Haricharan rules the song. What a melody. AI misses one more such melody. It would have reached the heights of ARR's 90's albums.

mahen01
15th September 2014, 08:17 PM
@sunil_M88 -deleted- there is nothing called hindi music. All from Tamil, Karnatic, western and Arabic.. Hindi doesnt have anything unique on its own.

mappi
16th September 2014, 03:22 PM
Yes, there are 'many' things addressed in music wrt language and culture. As you have pointed out Hindi to Arabic languages, I will stick to it without bringing the variation of scales and instrumentals used.

A language is nothing but the tone."Different tonal preferences apparent in music are closely related to the differences in the tonal characteristics of voiced speech" - a music research has proved it taking samples from both Western & Eastern music. It goes further stating that Music is influenced by the culture and language and differs a lot.

Now what is this tone-language - A tone is the usage of pitch. Any language when spoken becomes a music by itself applying efficient pitch in the vocals. In music the pitch is an essential part of the meaning of some words, giving us the ability to distinguish between music using the language alone.

So, I don't know from where you had taken up "Hindi doesnt have anything unique on its own" - please elaborate, so that I can learn also.

And Sunil is a creator, if he express something, feel free to ask an explanation, he will certainly give more than you have asked for, he has done that in the past and I am sure he will carry on doing it. Thanks.

raagadevan
17th September 2014, 08:51 PM
I, A. R. Rahman

By Baradwaj Rangan - The Hindu; September 17, 2014

http://www.thehindu.com/features/metroplus/thoughts-on-ar-rahmans-gloriously-fun-and-wholly-individual-soundtrack-for-the-new-shankar-film-i/article6419639.ece?homepage=true

Russellwcy
18th September 2014, 03:31 PM
^ That article made no sense... the writer was just rambling on without really having his own opinion....

Sunil_M88
19th September 2014, 02:50 AM
Kaaviya Thalaivan and I

These two albums are like chalk and cheese but before you know it there’s something really special other than ARR that bridges these two together.

“Pookkalae Sattru Oyivedungal” (PSO) could have easily been from KT if it had authentic and traditional instrumentation and percussions. The melody is something I was waiting for in KT, don’t get me wrong as “Yaarumilla” is one of the very few songs which have been universally accepted by all ARR fans from different walks of life but I feel the melody PSO is richer especially with the inclusion of Shreya’s “Alaap” and IMO would have suited KTs soundtrack better.

Sometimes I wonder whether if an ARR album doesn't have his vocals then is it truly a complete album?

PSO is an ARR track through and through, his presence is written all over this track and it seems like he supervised Haricharan to fire on all cylinders immaculately.

Shreya Ghoshal has made her place in the hearts of all Indians as her pronunciations of languages secondary to her always still soar with authenticity. Though I don't understand Thamizh, it feels like I've never heard clearer and purer Thamizh from any other North Indian singer.

It seems like Shankar is a victim of globalisation somewhere along the line, I pray and wish that he eventually succeeds in putting Tamil cinema on the world map but from recent releases I think he feels like his culture might cause hindrance to his popularity and international reach. Whatever his views are don't matter but the world has still a lot to learn about Tamil civilization and so ordering ARR to come up with songs that are already done and tested internationally is a gamble as it has its benefits and chances of backfire.

Alas I’m glad ARR decided to PSO insert it in “I” otherwise the album might have be more prone to bashing than more than it already it is already facing.

Yes, ARR is the best, even if the Indian quotient is less prevalent in his music! I'm not taking the credit for IRs contribution away but ARR seems more excited to move ahead with time. Versatility is key and as A fellow member of arryg rightfully said ARR is cruising at present. Who would have thought ARR could come up with Ladio when he started his career. It is this drive and this passion along with being in the right team that ARR is still climbing the higher peaks of fame. Ladio, can easily be mistaken as if it were by an American or European DJ but ARR fans that move ahead with time will appreciate its real worth rather than foolish fans who accept this material but if the same material was made another music director then these foolish people would claim that it is sh*t. I'm glad I'm not associated with ARR fans who have double standards and I'm glad that fans who only like ARRs 90s songs actually like Ladio and respect that the other songs didn't strike much of a chord with them.

I've reached a stage where I would like to hear ARRs handling of more musical genres done and tested in the current mainstream scene. I will be waiting for the day when makes a "Trap beat", Yuvan has already done it but doing the done and tested is what results from ARR when he is in his cruising phase. He might be balancing between climbing and cruising but giving more importance to the latter but that doesn't restrict him he from putting his special touches on familiar international music. ARR will always be a student himself but a professor to others.

Let's not forget it was due to Rahman Ji's behest that Shankar went ahead with a Live Orchestra to provide Enthiran's BGM. It will always be give and take between this duo and they feed off each other to release their creative juices.

A.ANAND
19th September 2014, 10:59 AM
I, A. R. Rahman

By Baradwaj Rangan - The Hindu; September 17, 2014

http://www.thehindu.com/features/metroplus/thoughts-on-ar-rahmans-gloriously-fun-and-wholly-individual-soundtrack-for-the-new-shankar-film-i/article6419639.ece?homepage=true

can anyone translate this article in tamil..oru elavum puriyala!

Russellmtp
20th September 2014, 12:36 AM
can anyone translate this article in tamil..oru elavum puriyala!

அதே அதே. இவரு ரஹ்மான திட்டுறாரா இல்ல பாராட்டுறாரான்னே தெரியல.

லிபரேட்ங்கிறாரு, வால்லில் மாட்ட முடியாதுன்னு என்னென்னமோ சொல்றாரு. நமக்கு தான் புரியல.

ஐ படப்பாடல்களுக்கு என்ன குறைச்சல்னு தெரியலை. எனக்கு பிடிச்சிருக்கு. உண்மையை சொல்லனும்னா எனக்கு "காவியத்தலைவன்" பாடல்களை விட இது பிடிச்சிருக்கு.

JamesDap
20th September 2014, 12:43 PM
The rough gist would seem to be he enjoyed it more from a cerebral point of view (of noting the things ARR tried) and hasn't yet really embraced the songs.

A.ANAND
20th September 2014, 12:46 PM
அதே அதே. இவரு ரஹ்மான திட்டுறாரா இல்ல பாராட்டுறாரான்னே தெரியல.

லிபரேட்ங்கிறாரு, வால்லில் மாட்ட முடியாதுன்னு என்னென்னமோ சொல்றாரு. நமக்கு தான் புரியல.

ஐ படப்பாடல்களுக்கு என்ன குறைச்சல்னு தெரியலை. எனக்கு பிடிச்சிருக்கு. உண்மையை சொல்லனும்னா எனக்கு "காவியத்தலைவன்" பாடல்களை விட இது பிடிச்சிருக்கு.

ithila enna periya aacariyam sonna,not as ARR fan i say,'ghibran,aniruth,santhosh,gvp mathiri ilam MD's irunthum avarukku pottiya,avar levellukku music compose panna yaarum varala'..but irunthum indraya thalaimurai MD's still doing great stuff..!!AI athai meendum udaitherinju vittathu..unakku no pensyen thalaiva..evanum..

JamesDap
20th September 2014, 01:12 PM
@sunil_M88 -deleted- there is nothing called hindi music. All from Tamil, Karnatic, western and Arabic.. Hindi doesnt have anything unique on its own.

Can you please explain what is the connection between North Indian - as in UP and Bihari folk music - and Arabic? Or Punjabi music for that matter (the most important source material in the last decade or so and always an important 'strain' in Hindi film music since the days of O P Nayyar). Just because Punjabi music can be heard in Pakistan doesn't make it Arabic; that only reflects the fact that it used to be a common province and culture at one time.

Sunil_M88
21st September 2014, 06:05 AM
ARR detractors could possibly be enjoying KT secretly but with I that have found an opportunity spew again in no time.
ARR detractors are at it again! ARR is forever evolving but has had to pay the price of it in between. He has maintained and increased his popularity over the last two decades which collates and proves the his struggle. There's no need for futile strifes, we appreciate the truth might hurt you detractors but your insecurities are backed by more and more bizarre statements now. I pray you get justice for what you think you are trying to achieve. Time willing you shall see the light at the end of the tunnel. Other than that, you can carry on tagging him as a mere keyboard player, computer wizard and other silly and amusing names. ARR moving with times cannot be bracketed as aping styles to maintain his stronghold in today's music scene. If you fail to acknowledge his inventions than it only proves that you haters will always hate.

Russellmtp
22nd September 2014, 01:12 AM
KT was a good album but because I expected something better than "Iruvar", I was slightly disappointed. Perhaps when we watch the songs along with the movie, it would fit perfectly but atm except two songs, it isn't something I really look forward to listen to every day.

I, OTOH, is totally fresh and different. The more I hear, I want to keep hearing it again and again. People are bashing "Ladio" everywhere claiming that it has no Indianness (lol) and is a song that could easily have come from the Justin Bieber stable (if there has been a bigger insult for AR Rahman than this, I would like to hear that; on second thoughts, perhaps not:-)) Well, hello, it is a song introducing a popular super model and you would only expect a song like this, not something like "vasantha mullai pole vanthu". Others say it is just like "I'm a Barbie girl". I don't think so. The sounds are unique to me (I have to admit, I don't hear English songs that much) and it is a different experience with good quality headphones. I have been benching a bit more with less effort while hearing this song, so Thank you Rahman sir:-)

Yeah, haters have been calling him keyboard player (but, mind you, not the best in that either:-)), sound engineer, computer wizard, marketing genius, etc. but they are all irrelevant irrespective of the stature of the people making those claims. What matters is what he has achieved and how much people love and accept his music. One guy even questioned his humility terming it fake. Try achieving 1% of what he has achieved and try to fake humility. You will see how difficult it is:-) Rahman himself once mentioned that he is human after all and does get some not-so-humble thoughts for a split second but then he realizes that it is all God given and hence not something he can be proud about.

A.ANAND
22nd September 2014, 02:59 PM
merasalayitten tarumaru!!!muqabala effeckttu'bba..

sugar patient insulint poda venam intha patta kellunga..

Russellmtp
22nd September 2014, 10:18 PM
merasalayitten tarumaru!!!muqabala effeckttu'bba..

sugar patient insulint poda venam intha patta kellunga..

உண்மைதான் ஆனந்த். "மெரசலாயிட்டேன்" பாட்டு தாறுமாறுதான். மிரட்டிட்டார் தலைவர். அனிருத் குரல் ஆட்டோ ட்யூன் கொஞ்சம் ஆரம்பத்திலே உறுத்தினாலும், இப்போ பாட்டு ரிப்பீட்லதான் இருக்கு.

இந்த வருஷம் தலைவர் ஃபுல் ஃபார்ம்ல இருக்காரு போல. போன ஆண்டு சூப்பர்னா இந்த ஆண்டு சூப்பரோ சூப்பர். இன்னும் சூப்பரோட "லிங்கா"வும் வருது. தலைவர் 2011 பிரேக் எடுத்ததிலேர்ந்து இன்னும் கலக்கிக்கிட்டு இருக்கார். இதுல சிலர் அவர் 90களில் கொடுத்த பாடல்கள் போல் இப்போது இல்லை என்று அங்கலாய்க்கின்றனர். 90ல இருந்த மாதிரியா நீங்க எல்லாம் இப்போ இருக்கிறீர்கள்? இசையும் அப்படிதான். காலத்துக்கு ஏத்த மாதிரி மாறும். புதுமையா இருந்தா அதை ஏத்துக்க சில பேருக்கு கொஞ்சம் நாளாகும். எனக்கென்னவோ அவரோட இசை இப்போ இன்னும் அதிகமா தான் பிடிச்சிருக்கு.

A.ANAND
23rd September 2014, 03:20 PM
உண்மைதான் ஆனந்த். "மெரசலாயிட்டேன்" பாட்டு தாறுமாறுதான். மிரட்டிட்டார் தலைவர். அனிருத் குரல் ஆட்டோ ட்யூன் கொஞ்சம் ஆரம்பத்திலே உறுத்தினாலும், இப்போ பாட்டு ரிப்பீட்லதான் இருக்கு.

இந்த வருஷம் தலைவர் ஃபுல் ஃபார்ம்ல இருக்காரு போல. போன ஆண்டு சூப்பர்னா இந்த ஆண்டு சூப்பரோ சூப்பர். இன்னும் சூப்பரோட "லிங்கா"வும் வருது. தலைவர் 2011 பிரேக் எடுத்ததிலேர்ந்து இன்னும் கலக்கிக்கிட்டு இருக்கார். இதுல சிலர் அவர் 90களில் கொடுத்த பாடல்கள் போல் இப்போது இல்லை என்று அங்கலாய்க்கின்றனர். 90ல இருந்த மாதிரியா நீங்க எல்லாம் இப்போ இருக்கிறீர்கள்? இசையும் அப்படிதான். காலத்துக்கு ஏத்த மாதிரி மாறும். புதுமையா இருந்தா அதை ஏத்துக்க சில பேருக்கு கொஞ்சம் நாளாகும். எனக்கென்னவோ அவரோட இசை இப்போ இன்னும் அதிகமா தான் பிடிச்சிருக்கு.

200% correct thozhar!ennakkum avaroda isai ippa munna vida romba pidikuthu exp in tamil fullform-la irukappala..experimental kuda ippa konjam sweet kalanthu tharuvathuthan important.athan semma semmaya pandarpla!

kadal,mariyaan,ambigabathy,kochadaiyaan,kaaviyatha laivan n I watta variety of music!only ARR possible..[thalaikanathoda itha naan solluven]

A.ANAND
23rd September 2014, 04:48 PM
இதுல சிலர் அவர் 90களில் கொடுத்த பாடல்கள் போல் இப்போது இல்லை என்று அங்கலாய்க்கின்றனர்.-THOZAR

ippadi comment adikaravangga entha 'grouppu'innu ungallukku theriyatha sir'

Russellmtp
26th September 2014, 06:18 AM
இதுல சிலர் அவர் 90களில் கொடுத்த பாடல்கள் போல் இப்போது இல்லை என்று அங்கலாய்க்கின்றனர்.-THOZAR

ippadi comment adikaravangga entha 'grouppu'innu ungallukku theriyatha sir'

therliyalaye Anand sir. oru 'group' Rahman enna pannaalum avara thittira group. ippa illa, 1992la irundhu thittikkittu irukkaanga. innum konja kaalathila kaanama poiduvaarnu solra group intha forumla 1998la irundhu suthikittu irukku:-) idhu oru puthu group pola?

Russellmtp
26th September 2014, 06:20 AM
200% correct thozhar!ennakkum avaroda isai ippa munna vida romba pidikuthu exp in tamil fullform-la irukappala..experimental kuda ippa konjam sweet kalanthu tharuvathuthan important.athan semma semmaya pandarpla!

kadal,mariyaan,ambigabathy,kochadaiyaan,kaaviyatha laivan n I watta variety of music!only ARR possible..[thalaikanathoda itha naan solluven]

varietyna adhu Rahman dhaan. thalaikanam avarukku illai. namakkum venaam. aana unmai adhudhaan.

avarai thittikkittu irukkura, thannai thaane medhaavigal endru ninaithu kondiruppavargal ellam unmayil "k9"gal:-) unmai ennenna Rahman innum going strong:-) Iraivan arul paripooranama kedaitha manithar avar. avara asaikka indha "k9"galal mudiyaathu:-)

A.ANAND
26th September 2014, 01:21 PM
varietyna adhu Rahman dhaan. thalaikanam avarukku illai. namakkum venaam. aana unmai adhudhaan.

avarai thittikkittu irukkura, thannai thaane medhaavigal endru ninaithu kondiruppavargal ellam unmayil "k9"gal:-) unmai ennenna Rahman innum going strong:-) Iraivan arul paripooranama kedaitha manithar avar. avara asaikka indha "k9"galal mudiyaathu:-)

'makkallal athigam nesippavan than makkallal athigam vimarsikka padugiraan' appadi vairamuthu solluvaaru...athan nyabagam varum..vera vella vettiye illam sada ARR humility patti aaraichi veiyaravan ennaku therinja varaikkum oru 'mananoyaliyagathan' irukka vendum!thaan eppadi unmaiyaga irukka vendum enbathai avanthan mudivu seiyya vennum.mathravarukkaha 'i m humility man'innu board pottu poli vazhgai vaazhavan manithanaga irukka mudiyathu..

so Thalaivar humility patti pesa evanukkum entha thaguthiyum illa.muthalla avanavan toilet-ta suttama pattukitale pothum!

R.Latha
6th January 2015, 11:07 AM
all songs with lyrics

tamil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47ZVdTNQNVI&list=PLHuHXHyLu7BGHcBzTGiLabCH_PzRtIDZA

hindi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIvjRTBkekM

telugu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKF1nfn5nGw&list=PLHuHXHyLu7BFw9_Sim0Q3iLr0pFimD2pu

R.Latha
6th January 2015, 11:26 AM
Issak Taari Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sNQDETHjdU

R.Latha
7th January 2015, 12:35 PM
SONG: TUM TODO NA (MALE)
SINGER: ASH KING, SUNIDHI CHAUHAN
MUSIC: A.R. RAHMAN
LYRICS: IRSHAD KAMIL
MOVIE: I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4-gDOB58Ok

R.Latha
8th January 2015, 11:08 AM
Song: Tu Chale
Singer: Arijit Singh, Shreya Ghoshal
Music: A.R. Rahman
Lyrics: Irshad Kamil
Movie: I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2MV0QeB6yY

R.Latha
9th January 2015, 11:03 AM
pookkale satru oyvedungal
haricharan, shreya goshal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP3crdpwnKk

R.Latha
9th January 2015, 11:10 AM
Song Name - Aila Aila
Movie - I
Singer - Aditya Rao & Natalie Di Luccio
Music - A.R. Rahman
Lyrics - Karky
Director - Shankar
Starring - Vikram, Amy Jackson

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2e9exl_i-aila-aila-video-song-promo_shortfilms