Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ARTHRITIS

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

ARTHRITIS

Many people suffer with Arthritis after 30's like backache ,stiffness of neck ,joint pain etc but they think that is only a normal pain and take pain killers for this.Please give your opinion and discuss this topic.This topic may bring awareness in their health,and also what type of food is good for them.
    thank you
    ammu.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anything concerned with bones,calcium should be helpful... But this consumption of calcium should be right from ur childhood...only the it'll be very effective in developing stronger bones... But it's always better late than never...so let's start consuming the right amt of calcium & help maintain our bones... A balanced diet + an active lifestyle should also be helpful...I accept that it'll be painful to exercise after U get arthritis... better start it in the early stage of ur life so that u can prevent all such diseases...

Most of us spend 35-40 yrs of our life in earning money... & after retirement we spend all the money saved on medicines coz we didn't lead a healthy lifestyle in the early stages... So,what's the point in working hard to earn money???...When young,ppl think that it's the time to enjoy life & they feel enjoying life is eating all junk foods they get, like KFC chicken,Mc Donalds burger, coke etc etc... They don't really seem to understand the complications it can lead to later in life... I strongly feel that life should be enjoyable until the end...that will be possible only when we r healthy...Prevention is better than cure... not all diseases r preventable but we can try to prevent diseases that r under our control... & kids should be taught to enjoy natural,healthy food right from the beginning...Many feel that childhood is the time to freak out on all kinds of food...but if they learn to love junk food ,it then becomes an addiction...We talk a lot abt the hazards of smoking but we still don't really understand that we consume things that can be even worse than smoking,like fat(oil),presrvatives,food colours,animal fat,coconut etc etc... these too can kill a person...for ex, consumption of food clours can cause cancer...too much oil can cause obesity which is the worst killer...How many of us know that a normal person can consume a maximum of only 3 teaspoons(ie 1 table spoon) of oil per day?1?1?!?...
    When compared to all these junks,smoking is just nothing...It would be interesting to learn that Japanese r the heaviest smokeres in the world & they also live longer than most others!!!!.... why doesn't smoking kill Japanese???!!!... It's mainly coz of their lifestyle... Healthy eating & active lifestyle is what is saving them... If we can make time to have 3 meals a day,we should also be able to exercise atleast 1/2 hr per day... By exercise I don't mean anything hard...just a brisk walk will do...

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    My father had arithritis when I was studying in the school. So, dont remember what was his diet. But, read that for osteoarithiritis, vitamin B is very essential.

Also, my father took siddha treatment and he use to do brisk walk a lot even in his older age. They gave some thailam which one has to put in the affected area and take a bath in hot water. They would also suggest some minor exercises. Though his main food is rice, he use to get digested by walking a lot and drinking plenty of water. After a few years, he also found a good result.

At the same time, heard that some people are not happy with the siddha medicine. It depends on individuality.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello R,

As U said, use of traditional medicines depends on the individual's tolerence power to a large extent... U cannot expect immediate relief from any traditional medicines like homoeopathy,siddha,ayurveda etc...also U need to do some sacrifices like diet etc... But once u start taking traditional medicines U can find ur tolerence to pain increases... My family doctor is a homoeopathy practicioner & he used to say that we should learn to enjoy the pain coz we should understand that diseases r ,to a certain extent,a form of removal of toxins from our body... These days i'm learing to enjoy pain & it's helping me a lot... It even helps improve ur mental strength...

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi ,
    Is this a correct statement...
    [b]{"My family doctor is a homoeopathy practicioner & he used to say that we should learn to enjoy the pain coz we should understand that diseases r ,to a certain extent,a form of removal of toxins from our body... These days i'm learing to enjoy pain & it's helping me a lot... It even helps improve ur mental strength"}
    THere is no cure for arthritis in young and middle aged person also...?

Senior Member Regular Hubber Hemant Trived1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Friends,
    If you have anyone with arthrities in the family , please stop giving them TUVAR DHAL (Thoram Parappu).
    This dhall has a chemical that inhibits calcium assimilation in the body.
    Taking KEFIR regularly enhances calcium intake better than milk or curds.
    In addition, kefir destroys a lot of gram- and Gram+ Bacteria and may be viruses also.
    Try and tell me.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even the orange color mysore or masoor dal is also not good for arithritis patient.

And ammu, that is not the truth becoz it depends on each and everyone's arithritis stage. In my father's case, as mentioned earlier, he was under siddha for more than 4 yrs and found a good result.

Recently, for my MIL, the dr. diagnosed that she has osteo arithritis and she said that she is getting better. She prefers to go with allopathy than the other treatment.

So, better consult with a good doc. Meanwhile, will talk to my father and try to find more answers for you.

Bye.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Ammu,

That was a generic statement...nothing specifiaclly concerned with arthiritis...U learn to enjoy pain & ur tolorence to pain increases... Atleast,this is true in my case...

As R said,arthirits can be cured by proper medication & diet...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mr.Hemanth,

I knew tht mysore dhal is not very healthy but never knew tht thuvar dhal too is not suitable for arthiritis patients... Thanks for the info...

& can u pls let me know where I can get KEFIR in bangalore or in coimbatore...

Post Thanks / Like
    As R said,arthirits can be cured by proper medication & diet...

I acutally meant to say tht one can get relief from arthiritis by proper medication & diet... I don't know if it can be cured completely...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast