Break point conversion is pathetic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    He gets it

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, well, well... whatever! Good comeback win for Roger!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Idhukku ninga vaazhthamale irukkalam
    Quote Originally Posted by raagadevan View Post
    Well, well, well... whatever! Good comeback win for Roger!

Post Thanks / Like
    Extremely well done roger. Winning with 4 kids and @ 33 years on the fastest court is a great accomplishment. As always proud to be your fan.

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer View Post
    Extremely well done roger. Winning with 4 kids and @ 33 years on the fastest court is a great accomplishment. As always proud to be your fan.
    Exactly. At this stage, just that he is still playing is itself a great thing. That he can still win titles is just incredible. Let's not forget that, apart from being 33 and a father, he also has nothing left to prove. He could have walked away a long time back, maybe 2009 and he hasn't.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good win for Federer. Hope he takes this form into the US Open. His inexplicable lapses of concentration in the second set as seen in the last two weeks should be avoided though. And Rafa's out. The news was just confirmed
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    At the moment, Fed and, in spite of his poor form last two weeks, Djoko look the most likely to win USO. But things can change pretty fast in tennis. If either of these two fall early, it could really open up the tournament. Something that people who want rivalries dislike but which I would personally love (no, not Fed , though :P) as it makes things more unpredictable.

Post Thanks / Like
    FEDERER TO RETURN TO BARCLAYS ATP WORLD TOUR FINALS FOR RECORD 13TH STRAIGHT YEAR
    London, England
    by Press Release | 18.08.2014

Roger Federer has punched his ticket to the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals for a record 13th year in a row after clinching a sixth title at the Western & Southern Open on Sunday. Federer joins Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal in the elite eight-man field at the season finale, to be held at The O2 in London from 9-16 November, where he will be looking to win his seventh crown.

Buy Your Tickets

The 33-year-old Swiss is the most successful player to compete at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, compiling a 44-11 record and claiming a record six titles in 2003-04, 2006-07 and 2010-11. He breaks the record of consecutive years qualifying for the championship, a mark he previously shared with Ivan Lendl (1980-91).

“It’s always one of the big goals I set myself at the beginning of the season,” said Federer. “It’s always an absolute honour being part of the best eight. Getting a chance to win an extra trophy at the end of the season – which is so prestigious, one of the biggest ones we have in the game and one I’ve done so well at – is a great feeling. Returning to the season finale is something I’ve been a part of since 2002, so to do it again is a privilege and I will try to play my very best there. I hope I can save some of my best for last.”

Federer opened his 2014 campaign by finishing runner-up to rival Lleyton Hewitt at the Brisbane International and reaching the semi-finals at the Australian Open. He enjoyed a 10-match win streak from late-February to mid-March, hoisting a sixth trophy at the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships and reaching his 35th ATP World Tour Masters 1000 final at the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells.

The Swiss finished runner-up to countryman Stan Wawrinka at the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters and advanced to four consecutive finals, beginning with a seventh Gerry Weber Open crown on the grass of Halle in early June. He reached a ninth title match at Wimbledon, followed by a run to the final at the Rogers Cup in Toronto. En route to clinching a sixth championship in Cincinnati, he became the first player to achieve 300 match wins at the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 level and the third to claim 80 tour-level titles.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...Qualifies.aspx

Post Thanks / Like
    US open R16, QF, SF showdowns-

R16:
    Djokovic-Isner
    Tsonga-Murray
    Wawrinka-Robredo
    Nishikori-Raonic
    Berdych-Gulbis
    Cilic-Ferrer
    Dimitrov-Gasquet