Page 195 of 202 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 2012

Thread: Tennis Forever

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ஒரு வானவில்போல, வால் நட்சத்திரம் போல இறுதிப் போட்டிவரை வந்து கோப்பையை வென்று ஓய்வெடுத்துக்கொண்ட பென்னட்டாவை டென்னிஸ் ரசிகர்கள் அவ்வளவு சீக்கிரம் மறக்கப் போவதில்லை. கோப்பையை வென்றதோடு மட்டுமல்லாமல் வின்சியை எப்படி எதிர்கொள்ளவேண்டும் என செரினாவுக்கு பாடம் எடுத்துச் சென்றார். இரண்டே இரு செட்டுகளிலெயெ முடிந்துவிட்டாலும் ரொம்ப நாளைக்கு அப்புறம் பெண்கள் இறுதிப்போட்டி ஸ்டெபி-மார்டினா க்ளாசிக் காலத்தை கண்முன் காட்டிச் சென்றது. நன்றி இத்தாலி நாட்டு பெண்களுக்கு!

சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...and Sania Mirza wins her 5th Grand Slam!
    Congratulations to Leander and Sania; and Martina Hingis who partnered them in their respective victories!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Novak wins ...another loss for Roger ...break point conversion is pathetic ...though its understandable opponent is number 1 player you still have to find a way to win break points for winning against guys like Novak ..

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    4/23 ......

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes sorry state of his entire career.
    I am really happy that even at this age against a player who is putting together another spell bound year he is able to create so many chances for himself only to mess it up in the end.
    Nevertheless a stupendous effort by him.

Congrats to Nole on reaching his 10 GS victory.
    Sure he deserves it.

We still bel18ve!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Was there in the crowd on Sunday. Unfortunately I couldn't watch the the third and the fourth set due to the rain delay as I had to get back to work the next day. Right from the first service game it was quite apparent to me that Federer was not on. His serve throughout the first set was very wayward and it lacked the punch that helped him sail through the earlier rounds. Added to that the cooler, slower conditions made it easier for Novak to retrieve his serve. But things did improve in the second. I am yet to see the last two sets. But from what I gather, Federer seemed to have let another opportunity slip. I will be watching the replay in due course. Anyway hearty congratulations to Novak, the deserving champion and commiserations to Roger. Hopefully we get to see him get a GS next year.

PS: (Even though I am very pro- Federer, the crowd was a disgrace to be frank and I didn't even watch the full match)
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    He let the third set unnecessarily ...

Post Thanks / Like
    If only he got the third, things could have been different.....always been the case with him when he faces Novak.....This wait for the 18th is sort of similar to Sachin's wait for the 100th ton...Well you might never know....
    Last edited by Arvind Srinivasan; 18th September 2015 at 01:33 AM.
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like
    Andha open court forehand (on break point when djokovic was standing like 10 ft away from the baseline)-ae veliya adichaaru paarunga. :sema kaduppu:

Momentum/crowd support/service everything was on flow. he botched it himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by VinodKumar's View Post
    He let the third set unnecessarily ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Novak too played very sub standard tennis from the 2nd set. The crowd clearly got to him and as usual Federer's stupid mistakes gave him what was needed to win the match. Any younger player or a guy like stan would have pounded him to a loss.