Page 61 of 202 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis Forever

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leosimha View Post
    I thought Rafa will be World No. 1 after this US Open win. Last year Novak didn't win the slam, right?
    oh yes. Nadal is just 120 points behind Novak. Last year Novak was the Finalist and has retained 1200 points.
    Yennai Arindhaal...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    Steffi Graf:

Congratulations to Serena Williams on her 5th US Open victory, 14 years after winning her first Grand Slam at Flushing Meadows. Yesterday's win didn’t come easy – a credit to Victoria Azarenka who battled back from being down a set and 1-4 in the 2nd set to win the tiebreaker and force a 3rd set. But Azarenka couldn’t keep pace with the defending champion who came out focused to win the final set. A deserved win for Serena who now has 17 Grand Slam titles and, at 31 years old, is the oldest woman to be ranked No. 1.
    To be very frank, in my opinion, I don't think Serena doesn't deserve to be the greatest just because she is winning slams and might equal or break Steffi Graf's 22 Grand Slams because Serena never didn't have a very fitting rival or competition.

Whereas Steffi Graf won 22 Grand Slams she won it over her very competitive rivals.
    Yennai Arindhaal...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Rafa on a well deserved 2013 US Open crown..
    Terrific come back.. Hope you go on to win the missing WTF this year. Anything is possible for you.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why Raha grips the cup with the teeth? Is it a style he continues to do? My son could not stop his laughing while watching that.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Post Thanks / Like
    In yesterday's match against Djoko, one strategy which Nadal planned, executed and won was that slicing deep into Djoko's back hand side and waiting for the cross court back end and responding heavily with the baseline forehand.

Post Thanks / Like
    S&V becomes S&F for Nadal and he maintains the same V shape like other legends acheive from S&V and how many times he shown consistency in that. Its a treat to watch that again and again. Foot work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why Raha grips the cup with the teeth? Is it a style he continues to do? My son could not stop his laughing while watching that.
    it is his trademark style since the first cup he won. yes, he will continue to do so if he wins grand slams.

on the other side, it could be taken as that it is a reality for him that he indeed has won the cup. (just like how we pinch ourself to see if it is a reality or not)
    Yennai Arindhaal...

Post Thanks / Like
    In yesterday's match against Djoko, one strategy which Nadal planned, executed and won was that slicing deep into Djoko's back hand side and waiting for the cross court back end and responding heavily with the baseline forehand.
    there is a article which talks about Nadal's brains and brawns It also says that he is best player in adapting to various strategies.
    Yennai Arindhaal...

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Usual victory celebration. That's what he has been doing after every win.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leosimha View Post
    it is his trademark style since the first cup he won. yes, he will continue to do so if he wins grand slams.
    on the other side, it could be taken as that it is a reality for him that he indeed has won the cup. (just like how we pinch ourself to see if it is a reality or not)
    I also remember reading somewhere that biting the trophy is an old Manacor tradition; the true sign of a champion and hero.