Page 93 of 202 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis Forever

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by omega View Post
    I don't think his complain was about Nadal's grunt.
    Looks like it was...

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/tenni...tical-grunting

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still think his "lucky shot" comment after US Open 2011 SF loss was valid which Novak himself admitted...
    I don't think his complain was about Nadal's grunt. No one was clear about that incident when it happened.
    Commentators were wondering if it was against Nadal's time taken between points. Nadal's grunting is nothing new & Roger was not playing against him for the first time.
    My grouse is not so much with him calling Djoko's shot lucky, but with proceeding to give a lecture on how players like him were 'taught' to work hard to win their points, blah blah. It was all very patronising and not in good taste given he was the one who had finished on the losing side. Djoko made it clear he took a chance because he HAD to...facing match point against a top player. I am not convinced, in spite of what Federer said then, that he himself would have done anything different had he been in Djoko's shoes. He was just too bitter about losing that day to understand that. Djoko was also by then at the business end of a tremendously successful season (most since McEnroe in 1984, I think) so it came off like Fed trying to pretend Djoke was just this fluke lucky shot player and not the overwhelming no.1 that he was at that time. Of course, later on Fed himself acknowledged Djoko's worthiness so I think it is more about losing (especially long hard fought matches) making him a whiny player.

Post Thanks / Like
    What the ****, he himself was grunting on a few occasions.
    Looks like thats what Rafa can do to you..He instills his qualities to the opponents.
    Roger seems to have caught a few (whining, grunting etc etc...)
    .....So people did notice this....
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like
    Federer for his part has never been a very happy loser has he....I guess he had some words to say about the time taken by Nadal between points as well...I for one think that's a valid argument...Better have the same yardstick for everybody or scrap it all together...A great win for Nadal though...
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think his complaint about time violations is valid, not the one about 'tactical' grunting. I don't think Nadal indulges in tactical grunting any more than anybody else on the men's tour, that is, he doesn't. His grunt is a bit loud but it's nothing compared to Guga and don't even mention the ladies. As Nadal himself said, it's strange it should come up for questioning now because nobody has said anything about Nadal's grunts all these years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Padma Bhushan Award for Leander Paes

http://www.thehindu.com/sport/paes-g...?homepage=true

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    குளோசப்பில் பிரசுரமாகும் நடாலின் ரத்தம் வழியும் இடது உள்ளங்கை மூலம் வாழ்க்கை, விதி ரேகைகளை பார்க்கையில் இந்த முறையும் ஆஸி அவருக்கே!
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whats happening there ... just tuned in and seen Nadal leaving all balls, not serving properly after medical timeout ... whats the problem ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Wawrinka is so upset .. paavama irruku .

Post Thanks / Like
    Suddenly from no where he is playing good in 3rd set ... wawrinka lost mentally and spraying balls .