Page 128 of 194 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1938

Thread: Upcoming films 2015

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vithagan View Post
    Also I guess Amaran is Karthik's 100th movie.. the only actor(atleast 80s & 90s) who tasted BO success in its 100th movie is Vijayakanth..
    That was Kaathirukka Neramillai another flop starring Kushbu and Sivaranjani.

Of all Karthik movies, Amaran had the biggest ever hype. Pre-release hype, advance booking were phenomenal. Amaran and its songs(especially vethala) were common topics of discussion for schoolgoers. If it had clicked, Karthik would have gone places. By the way who is this Rajeshwar? He directed many movies with Karthik in 90s, like Vigneshwar, Idhayathamarai. And now Amaran-2.
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amaran was a super hit movie. It ran 100 days in Madurai cinipriya theatre. I don't know from where you all getting information.

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also I guess Amaran is Karthik's 100th movie.. the only actor(atleast 80s & 90s) who tasted BO success in its 100th movie is Vijayakanth..

Before that one legend who tasted success in NAVARATHIRI which is his 100th film. It is better to know the

facts before posting.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raajjaa View Post
    Amaran was a super hit movie. It ran 100 days in Madurai cinipriya theatre. I don't know from where you all getting information.
    Reason for the Sequel...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by omega View Post
    The song 'Sanda Bajaaru' sung by Srividhya was equally popular.
    I liked VasanthamE, and ChandirarE sooriyare songs much better, both by legendary SPB, and ChanduranE sooriyanE also sung by the other legendary KJY as well !
    Last edited by PARAMASHIVAN; 17th June 2015 at 03:40 PM.
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hattori_hanzo View Post
    By the way who is this Rajeshwar? He directed many movies with Karthik in 90s, like Vigneshwar, Idhayathamarai. And now Amaran-2.
    vigneshwar was not his movie. r.raghu directed it.

for more info on rajeshwar, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K._Rajeshwar
    இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

-Vaali

Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lord_labakudoss View Post
    Yes, the movie bombed ( there were even plans to name it Chakravarthi) and there were murmurs that Rajini was made to sing in Mannan in response to Karthik singing in Amaran...
    But Karthik quickly bounced back with several family-oriented and comedy-based hits....
    chakravarthi was another movie altogether starring karthik and bhanupriya - which too bombed.

karthik had two movies release on the same date jan 15, 1996 - ulaththai allitha and kizhakku mugam. in my hometown, kizhakku mugam ran for less than 3 days and ullathai allitha ran for a week or so. after the theatre replaced ullathai alli tha, the movie went viral and was re-released few days later to become a block buster.
    இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

-Vaali

Senior Member Senior Hubber vithagan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by s.vasudevan View Post
    Before that one legend who tasted success in NAVARATHIRI which is his 100th film. It is better to know the

facts before posting.
    Vasudevan iyya..Adhukku dhan indha words(bolded) add panni irukku.. Navarathiri released in 1964(as per google).. so please read before posting..
    வாழு! வாழ விடு!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Captain Prabakaran ?? If so the name it self was the reason for the BO success, I vaguely remember ( was quite young)watching this movie in London, the cinema was packed with Eezha diaspora , but IIRC the movie was no way related to the "Real" Parabakaran, hence many were disappointed ( again cant re collect much memories though) !
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Senior Hubber vithagan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    Captain Prabakaran ?? If so the name it self was the reason for the BO success, I vaguely remember ( was quite young)watching this movie in London, the cinema was packed with Eezha diaspora , but IIRC the movie was no way related to the "Real" Parabakaran, hence many were disappointed ( again cant re collect much memories though) !
    வாழு! வாழ விடு!