Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: சூது கவ்வும் by Nalan Kumarasamy

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hattori_hanzo, glad that you have noted TR posters ... LoL.

Just a couple of remarks :

Neither Bhaskar nor Yog Jappi are honest. Atleast they are not corrupt, but they are everything else. Yog Jappi is a determined arrogant cop who does everything other than abiding the law. Bhaskar is a egostic self-centered man, whose only intention is to stay in the power. So he takes anti-corruption as his weapon, but does not really do anything much to his party or to the people whom he should serve.

SK characters are all dark shaded but the beauty is you can paint them with any coating shade. Here is a few characteristics of the charcters : Jobless, aimless, panicking, masked, egostic, arrogant etc., : and each character can be assosiated with these. For ex: Yog was jobless whereas Bhasker becomes jobelss. Likewise, each character gets into the shoes of others characteristics and how its woven is absolutely fabulous.

"Vijay Sethupathy's mokkai intro" : I just loved it ... intro ending with "super mama" and begining the title card with the theme = fruit salade.

[ I wish to add Vennkiram's lines here]

Myself favoring the movie is not to create a hype around it, just to announce that "here comes a movie that has so many things in it that each one can get what he is looking for". Its a rarity in TFI (for the moment) and the material the movie has is the best so far.

Comming to the story and events : Eventhough what you have expressed is true, the only justification that I can come up with is - its about the wolves, so there will not be pity for the lambs. Whether its necessary (notably showing indian youngsters living on alcohol or girls or criminals go unpunished) is entirely a different debate. SK stuck to its concept and presented it in a rather non-shocking manner - thanks to the casting.
    Last edited by mappi; 19th June 2013 at 02:50 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    hattori_hanzo, glad that you have noted TR posters ... LoL.

Just a couple of remarks :

Neither Bhaskar nor Yog Jappi are honest. Atleast they are not corrupt, but they are everything else. Yog Jappi is a determined arrogant cop who does everything other than abiding the law. Bhaskar is a egostic self-centered man, whose only intention is to stay in the power. So he takes anti-corruption as his weapon, but does not really do anything much to his party or to the people whom he should serve.
    Cant agree with you fully on the nature of Yog and Bhaskar. On Yog - idhaye Kaaka Kaaka'la hero senja adhu heroism but supporting character senja arrogance'a? He exceeds his limits in punishing the criminals but that doesn't take away the honesty from him. The job assigned to him is to nab those who kidnapped and he does that without wasting a minute.

And Bhaskar - egoistic, self-centered, does do anything for his partymen? He isnt corrupt and doesnt accept bribes which makes the CM say, onnaala katchikku nashtam. But those are scenes which are made to show that being a good man among wolves doesnt benefit him. We are not shown any of his party activities so we cant blame him for serving his people. But right in the first scene he conveys a neat message. The character is somewhat similar to Walter Vetrivel Vijayakumar.
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Myself favoring the movie is not to create a hype around it, just to announce that "here comes a movie that has so many things in it that each one can get what he is looking for". Its a rarity in TFI (for the moment) and the material the movie has is the best so far.

Mappi, I don't think this movie is "Best" in any of the departments... according to me we can use the word "Good".
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

Post Thanks / Like
    On Yog - Encountering a criminal is different from 'dirty harry' styled murder. By doing that the yog character steps from 'honesty" and becomes a vigilantie in uniform.

On Bhasker - true that he is not corrupt (as mentioned) but being the calf in the wolves pack itself deplaces the honesty (towards the wolves). For that I completely understand what you are saying, but in the later parts of the movie you could get to see his aggresivity, which is not provoked by honesty but just his egostic side taking a full swing.

I like to quote the lines from the theme song "Nalladhu edhu Kattathu edhu, Kattadhuku Nallathu Kattadhu". Thats exactly the confusion that the film maker wants to create. Its from where you see that deceides which is good and which bad, and determines how you see it.

Anyway, thats absolutely my depiction of the charaters strictly as shown in SK and I respect yours. I may agree with you on the honesty part of Bhasker (a bit - on papers not on screen) but Yog is definetly a rogue cop.
    Last edited by mappi; 19th June 2013 at 03:53 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinemarasigan View Post
    Mappi, I don't think this movie is "Best" in any of the departments... according to me we can use the word "Good".
    OK Cinemarasigan.
    If you have followed this thread, I have written/discussed many things on SK. Those are the points I lay forward for calling SK "best so far"

I would like to hear yours please.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    best so far - pls Define (2 marks)
    Sach is Life..

Post Thanks / Like
    LoL
    Best is a superlative of Good
    Other similarities assosiated to Best are : Most satisfactory, greatest degree, most favorable

So far : Up to the present moment

Best so far : Most satisfactory upto the present moment.

Now the question is what are the movies that were compared with. On the whole no movies were considered for comparison. Its the film-work on the whole which is addressed, keeping in mind the perfect unification of various departements in film making, without losing what should be conveyed. The crispness in the delivery and projection of elements mingling naturally with the envoirnement has be captured briliantly, leave alone dialogues, editing etc., those which are truely visible and scores max points. The story ground work was quite strong which reflects in the proceeding. Last but not least, the stroy-telling techinque was so crooked that it was awesome.

As I had mentioned, each character plays every characteristic, which is the major highlight that I am favoring the movie. And as I said there is something for everyone no matter how he/she looks at it. Take the song "Kasu Panam" - right from the girls doing the spanish "un, dos, tres" spanish dance to the curency flying, each frame had something in it - a guy eating popcorn, filming with his smart phone, a lady leaving soap bubbles etc.,

From my point of view and stictly sticking to TFI, SK is by far a film that drew my attention.

I have extended and positioned (again) my statement.

And I would like to know on what basis you categorise a movie to "Good" and "Best". (For Best, I have given my version)

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ... just to announce that "here comes a movie that has so many things in it that each one can get what he is looking for". Its a rarity in TFI (for the moment) and the material the movie has is the best so far.
    I agree with you in totality.

There isn't any other movie released this year that is better than this, in terms of story, screenplay, acting, presentation, etc.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    A grain of rice from the pot :

Continuity and timing : the opening kidnap scene when VS puts the girl in the car - starting the car - girl escaping = the sequence is perfect as you see eveything on the screen between shots.

Editing : the phone conversations

Dialogues : Yen vali (vazhi) thani vali - when Arumai prakasam is chokes Pagalavan

Cinematography : the chase sequence

Screenplay : placement of the twists to keep you interested

Direction : Keeping key shots at the most "unintended" places

Executive production : collecting all the necessary items thats a part of a (any) scene

Story : the unique characterisation

Music : working as an invisible character

Art : 2 versions of "bachelors room"

Acting : irritated MLA or Poli Doctor or the man who build a temple for Nayanthara or the one who keeps alarm to get up and continue drinking or ...

Dialogue delivery : as mentioned in my review, VS demanding a bike and a car

Let me know if you wish to know on any other stream in the movie, I will be glad to give it to you.
    Last edited by mappi; 19th June 2013 at 07:52 PM.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Siv.S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Me too +1 +1.... , so many good moments in the movie.... characterization,dialogues,flawless-interesting-screenplay,performance everything was so perfect ... Hats off to the writer..

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast