Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: News & Views on Shruti Haasan

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

News & Views on Shruti Haasan

Shruti Rajalakshmi Haasan was born on 28 January 1986) to Kamal Haasan and Sarika.

As a child artist, she sang in films and appeared in a guest role, before making her adult acting debut in the 2009 action drama, Luck. She later went on to win critical acclaim for her role in the Walt Disney fantasy film, Anaganaga O Dheerudu, Oh My Friend and 7aam Arivu. In 2012, she starred in Gabbar Singh, Telugu remake of Dabangg which also was her first hit as an actress. She has also continued her stint in music through work as a singer in Indian languages, a career in music direction beginning with her father's production Unnaipol Oruvan and her own music band and album.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm not going to justify my friendship with Dhanush"

Sunshine girl Shruti Haasan talks about her comeback, her reported linkup with Dhanush and growing up as Kamal Haasan’s daughter. Filmfare lends her an ear

What made you choose D-Day as your comeback vehicle?
    When Nikhil (Advani) narrated the script to me, I asked him ‘Why do you want me to play this part?’. He had seen the emotional intensity I had brought to 3. After that he was convinced he wanted me for the role. This role didn’t require a howling kind of intensity. It’s the intensity of someone, who has seen a lot. In the beginning, it was tough playing the role since it has so many emotional layers. She is a young prostitute, who has seen so much in her life, yet she’s vulnerable enough to fall in love.

What was the experience like working with Prabhudheva in Ramaiya Vastavaiya (RV)?
    Ramaiya Vastavaiya was a challenging role. Because it’s so different from my sensibilities as an actor. Prabhudheva’s meter is different. To get into that meter took me a month. He is particular about what he wants from your body language. His idea of how a girl should be is different from my idea of how a girl should be. RV is not my genre of movie. It’s not the movie I would go and watch. But there are a number of permutations and combinations that lead you to sign a film. And you don’t get path-breaking characters everyday. I know RV will connect with the masses.

Is it better this time around in Mumbai?
    Yes. Because my state of mind is positive. When I first came here, I was this musician type who’d just stepped out of a boat from LA. I had a different mindset. Even the way Luck happened, was funny. I was looking for a place to stay here. And one day Imran (Khan) called me asking whether I’d do this film. I said yes. It was like someone was asking me out for a Friday night, that casual. So my debut wasn’t planned. I wasn’t all there while making the film. But when it didn’t do well, it hit me. I sat at home, I didn’t do a movie for a year. I asked myself did I really want to be in the movies? Because I’m not those kind of people, who start something and don’t finish it properly. The answer was yes. I’ve grown up now. I really want it to work for me this time around.

When Luck flopped, did you think that was the end of road for you?
    I was depressed. My best friend saw the movie at a preview and said, ‘Wow you’ve messed it up even before it began’. He asked me, ‘Do you really want to do this? Take your time and figure out if you like doing this. I said I love being in front of the camera.’ He said get your act together then. It was really that simple. I was fat when I came back from LA. I was a hamburger. I lost the extra kilos. I was suddenly a different person. I think acting gives me what music doesn’t. So they balance each other out.

You’ve hit a purple patch in the South. The super hit Gabbar Singh has turned the tables for you there.
    Yeah, it was completely unexpected. I love the director (Hari Shankar), he is such a sweet guy. We had great fun while shooting. I did emotional ulti in 3. But Gabbar Singh was fun and such a change from the serious stuff. Pawan Kalyan is a huge star and so much fun to work with. It feels good when people call you by your character’s name. It had that kind of reach.

Weren’t you hesitant about signing Gabbar Singh?
    Yes. Because it was a remake. And I had that pride that you guys (Hindi industry) remake our stuff. Now it was reverse. The role was bigger than it was in the Hindi version and the treatment was completely different. The director told me there’s not much for you to do in the film. But I will make another film for you. I’m doing my second film with him. It’s called Ramaiya Vastavaiya, not to be confused with the Hindi one.

So what was the moment that changed this diffident actress in Luck, to a consummate artiste in 3?
    Ever since I’ve been singing on stage, I’ve been known to be intense. And I’ve been known to be unafraid of going to dark remote places within. But as an actor I don’t have that training. I was cocky when I was young. But I didn’t have that confidence in front of the camera, the confidence to manipulate your emotions. I had to break that wall. When I went to a music school, my teacher had made me cry in front of the whole class. After that I was never ashamed to bare myself as an artiste. But in acting I am still on that journey. When I sing it comes from an uninhibited place. It’s like being besharam. I’m learning to be besharam in front of the camera. I’ll be honest, there is still a lot to let go.

As Kamal Haasan’s daughter, you don’t have to struggle to make it.
    But dad and mum (actor Sarika) have never pulled in favours for me. They were always like, whatever you do, do it yourself. That’s when the journey will make sense to you. Of course, they are by my side. But I have done it myself. The failures are mine and the success is completely mine. That feels good.

So you’ve never been tempted to call your dad to get you a role you covet?
    No. I made it clear at the beginning that I was on my own. So if anything happens to me on the sets, I’m not going to call my dad to help me. Some people respect my independence whereas some try to take advantage. Their attitude is no one will come to bail her out so let’s take advantage of the situation. But that happens to every girl. I don’t want the easy way out. When I went to LA, no one knew Kamal Haasan. So when I had to play there, I wouldn’t call dad and say tell that uncle in LA to help me out. That’s where I learnt to be on my own. That set the tone for me. People respect me for that. I like that look on their faces, which says she has done it herself, as opposed to the look that says yeah you’re good but I spoke to your mom or dad.

What was it like growing up as Kamal Haasan’s daughter?
    My friends knew him as Shruti’s daddy or as Kamal uncle. Even now, they’re like Shruti’s daddy’s movie has released. The school days were so simple. My mother insisted that we went by school bus and travelled by autos. We had a normal childhood. Actually, I grew up pretending to be someone else’s daughter. They would say, ‘You’re Kamal Haasan’s daughter’ and I would say, ‘No I’m Dr. Ramachandra’s daughter’. I used to be Pooja Ramchandran. I didn’t want anyone to know that he was my father. I was proud of my dad’s work but it just got in the way of me being me. Everyone, especially my dad’s friends, used to be like, ‘Your mum is so beautiful’ But she is also so chilled out. She would make fish curry, prawn curry and have her friends over. It was a regular upper middle-class upbringing.

When did you realise your dad is a superstar?
    Only when we went for his movie premieres. Then there were psychotic loving fans who would jump on his car. And then my dad would have this completely different persona. And I would be like, oh! this is the other side of him.

Q. Did it scare you as a kid?
    No. I loved it. I remember when I was six, I sang for one of his films. And then we went to Singapore for a show and I sang on the stage for the first time. It was a skit where my mum and dad say, ‘Where is Shruti?’ and I’d pop out of the magic box. I remember the audience was screaming because I was Kamal Haasan’s daughter. But then they screamed after I had finished singing and that was for me. That’s when I got hooked. People saying, ‘We love you’. That kind of adulation makes you feel like a rockstar.

Q. Do you feel dwarfed by your dad?
    No. People expect different things from us. They have Kamal Haasan and Sarika for star power. Hyderabad has been extremely supportive. As much as they love dad, they have accepted me as Shruti. Just like Mumbai. Chennai still has that Kamal Haasan hangover. But I don’t mind it. You get so much of love because of the association. But Mumbai or Hyderabad don’t see me as solely his daughter. They go to see my movie and judge me independently. They don’t think about Sadma when they see me or my movie.

Your mother is a Maharashtrian and your dad a Tamilian. Did you have an identity crisis while growing up?
    Yes. My English sounds South Indian. My Tamil has a Hindi twang. My Hindi has a Tamil twang. Actually, my Hindi is much better thanks to my mom. That we speak Hindi in Chennai is my mom’s biggest achievement. She was worried we would speak Hindi with a South Indian accent. I’m like a nomad who belongs nowhere. In Chennai they feel that I’m not Tamilian enough. In Mumbai they feel I’m too Tamilian.

Q. Were you traumatised by your parents’ separation?
    No. If they couldn’t be happy together, it was better to be happier apart. A lot of kids who’ve seen their parent separate, will say that. In the beginning the fairytale idea works in your mind. But if it’s not working out, it’s not working out. As a kid, I was aware and clear about these thing. They live their own lives and do their own thing. Both are happy. Akshara (younger sister) and I are happy as long as they are happy.

Q. So what’s happening on the personal front?
    Zero. Seriously, with six movies on hand where do you have the time to find someone who will adjust his life according to your schedule? I will have to find someone jobless for that. And there is nothing less attractive than a jobless man. I like psycho achievers.

What about the live-in rumours with Siddharth?
    As far as I’m concerned it didn’t happen.

Q. You are being linked to Dhanush these days?
    I know there are 10,000 rumors. For me, it’s a rare connect with someone. Dhanush is an important friend because when nobody thought I could play the part in 3, he stood by me and said I could do it. For anyone in any job, it’s important that people have faith in you. I owe him so much. Also we get along well. We have so much to talk about. He is also a comprehensive artiste. But I’m not going around justifying to people. I’m not going to tell people to put a microchip in my bum and follow me, so that they can know the truth. He is my best friend in the business. He has always helped me artistically. I won’t throw that in trash just because people are talking nonsense about us. I’ve never bothered much about what people say.

Q. Have you thought about marriage?
    Not at all. I see kids sooner than marriage, I don’t know why. I love kids. I want to have children. I just can’t see myself getting married.

What about being with someone?
    I don’t know. I’ve been so independent. Also I imagine myself as being a difficult girlfriend because I’m always on my own trip. I’m an artiste, I’m always figuring out things in my head. Ultimately, it boils down to being with a good and a kind person, which is rare to find. Someone who lets you be. Everyone has this I-want-you-to-be-this-way condition, everyone has a screenplay for you in their head. From what I see, you go expecting one thing and you get nothing what you expected. That’s the scary thing about relationships. Everything else is easy to figure out.

Q. Has your past experience made you skeptical about getting into a new relationship?
    I’m an optimist. If one movie doesn’t do well, doesn’t mean the other movie will also do badly. Having said that I would compromise on my relationship for my job. Especially, at the stage I am now. If I feel my relationship is getting in the way of my work, I would let it go without thinking twice. Maybe I will change when I get older. But right now, if something is getting in the way of my career, I would let it go.

Q. Do you feel things are coming together for you now?
    Yes. In a lot of ways. There has been a shift in my energies. Initially, I wanted certain things in certain ways. But the more you force the more it doesn’t happen. Now I believe that God has a plan. And this industry makes you compare yourself with other people. Finally I said, I can’t do what that person is doing and that person can’t do what I do, so just chill. Even personally my life has finally found balance in terms of who I am. It’s a good feeling.

http://www.filmfare.com/interviews/i...asan-3626.html
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Emotes well and looks gorgeous in this song from the upcoming movie Ramaiya Vastavaiya - a remake of Something Something Enakkum Unakkum (forgot the title of the Telugu Original), directed by Prabhu Deva. If this movie becomes a hit, Shruti market in Bollywood will get better.

ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Intha thread-la oru attendence onu poduvom ...

Repeat : She must concentrate on performence and use her various talents rather than dancing in Alps with Ravi Deja calling it a "meaty-role" (in whatever sense it means)
    Her Music knowledge is a big Plus, as she can interpret easily the character's emotional needs. And she has a 'facial' profile not seen in any current actress, it has to be utilised in the right manner and direction.

She did a great job in "3" movie ... hope to see her soon in a movie which brings her more recognisation and appreciations.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like
    With Balupu you have had two back-to-back hits...
    It feels great. But, I never look at hits or flops. For me, the focus has always been on working hard. I tend to detach myself from movies once I'm done shooting them, because after that, it's in the hands of God. And it doesn't help if I panic.

Prior to Gabbar Singh, when the movies you starred in didn't work at the BO, did you, at any point, feel like giving up?
    No. Though my debut film Luck didn't do well, my work was appreciated in the film. Then I did Anaganaga O Dheerudu, in which people liked the way I looked, and in Oh My Friend, the audience liked my performance. The Tamil film 3 is a movie that I will always be proud of, irrespective of whether it did well at the BO or not. It completely changed my career and people's perspective of me as a performer.

Now that you've got two big hits in your kitty, do you feel you've justified your role as an actor and proved all the critics wrong?
    I never bothered about critics in the first place. And I'm not out to prove anything to anyone. Honestly, if I took every slight that someone made at me seriously, it just wouldn't work. Do I focus on getting over that or should I focus on doing my work work and getting better at it? My mantra is simple; sabka number aata hai. Ek din mera bhi ayega.

Before Balupu, Ravi Teja too had a series of flops, as did Pawan Kalyan before Gabbar Singh. Do you consider yourself their lucky charm? You're now called the 'Golden Leg'!
    (Laughs) My leg is not shiny or heavy. But no, I am not responsible for such things and I refuse to take these things seriously!

Now that you are getting so many offers from Tollywood and Bollywood, how special does that make you feel?
    I've always felt special (laughs), whether people cast me for their movies or not. I've had tremendous amounts of self confidence since the age of four. I came to the industry to work and enjoy the process, and I'm extremely thankful to God with the way things are going. But initially, I never thought I'd be a heroine. I never thought I was pretty enough to be one! I'd just see Madhuri Dixit and be in awe. At that time, I was an athlete, playing in the sun all the time. I was a very scrawny, papad-looking girl. I've learnt so much since I joined cinema. I just want to take it as a positive experience.

It seems like you're a very spiritual person...
    I don't know if I'm spiritual. But I like to find some sort of justification in our being; otherwise we'll all go mad! But I certainly do believe in God. And I really believe that the universe gives you exactly what you need, in the way you need, and at the time that you need it.

You forthcoming Hindi film, D-Day, sees you play the role of a sex worker. It's a very unconventional role, and it takes a lot of courage to play it. What made you sign the film?
    Honestly, I don't think it's the role of the sex worker that was challenging as much as the intensity of the character. There's a metaphor for everything that she's been through that's been portrayed through a scar on her face. But I don't think that's the crux of her job in the film. It's more about her ability to love someone the way she does, yet be a very grey person, very complicated and convoluted in her own way. It was a very, very interesting role to play.

How did you feel when you played the role?
    There are some scenes that you finish shooting and you literally feel the character, your personality, the reality of the set and reality of the film, all tugging in four different directions. You feel, what I call, a very uncomfortable comfort inside, of a role you really like. And for me, one of the sequences we shot in the film was extremely intense, and emotionally, it had a great impact. So the next day, I didn't talk to anybody. And this rarely happens to me, because I can easily switch on and off — with six movies I'm doing right now, if I get into all six personalities, I'll probably land up at a mental institution! It was a very
    challenging role.

The first poster of D-day that was released created quite a furore on social networking sites. What do you have to say to that?
    I think in the context of a moving frame, it makes more sense. Personally, as a woman, I respect my body very much, as do all women, and I'm confident of it. My body is something I look at with respect. And I think sensuality and sexuality are a part of the human range of emotions, and as an actor, I have to portray as many emotions as I can. So, if either of this happens to fall into my script, I'll do it with the same dignity and confidence that I do a comic scene or a scene where I have to cry.

Would you say Tollywood has been your ticket to Bollywood, since you got a lot of offers after the success of Gabbar Singh?
    No, but I think the stars do have a way of aligning itself to your benefit! Everything is connected, yet it's not. I think it's just about meeting and working with the right people. I think it happens by chance. But Tollywood will always be special. I have a special bond with Hyderabad, as I remember collecting my dad's first Filmfare Award here, and announcing, during the speech, that I will come back and get my own award. And my dad was so annoyed because I had changed his speech (laughs).

You did a racy photoshoot for a magazine recently. Is there a specific reason you did that?
    See, no one seems to have a problem when I did the item number in Balupu, in which my clothes were far more revealing than the ones I wore at the photoshoot. It's all about perception. I had gone to Portugal, and was swimming 10 laps after work everyday and I was proud of my body — I've been working out. For those who look at it positively, I say thank you, and for those who don't, I say don't look at those pics.

What about your singing career?
    I still sing. I crooned for a song in D-day, and it's one of my personal favourites. Music is tattooed on my soul. Though I don't have many musical projects right now, I'm not concerned, because I will always get back to it. But where is the independent music scene in India? I've lived on both sides of the fence, and I know how difficult it is. I have played with bands and all of us would travel to a place in one Innova. What we get paid as musicians is peanuts when compared to the money actors get for cutting a ribbon! It's very sad, and I don't think it's fair at all. But I will go back really soon, because my heart is still there. I want to try and bring about a change.

What about your personal life? Are you single or dating?
    Oh, I am single, but not at all ready to mingle. I've reached a phase in life where work is the only thing that gets my mojo going. I'm a proud workaholic. I spend time with my friends and I 'rejuvenate my spirit' in between. But I need just two or three hours for that. I think I haven't had three consecutive days off in the last one and a half years and I'm proud of it.

As Kamal Haasan's daughter, did you ever feel the need to prove something to somebody?
    Not really. In the beginning I was like, 'Man, this is a really big mountain to climb'. Then I decided I don't want to climb this mountain, and that I'll swim in a completely different ocean. That was the approach. And now, even though I am very proud to be my parents' daughter, people have starting looking at me as my own person, which is very important.

And yes, my dad had advised me, but beyond a point, it has always been my own journey — I've made my own mistakes, and fixed them myself. He planted the seed in my head to have the courage to try something different, to always follow my heart. He also said, "Beyond a point, you can't care what people are going to say", because end of the day, you're answerable only to yourself. And I've learnt that it is okay to fall flat on your face — you are sure to learn how to stand back up — it is going to happen, not necessarily in the way you expect, but it will happen.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/e...w/21019492.cms

Post Thanks / Like
    With Balupu you have had two back-to-back hits...
    It feels great. But, I never look at hits or flops. For me, the focus has always been on working hard. I tend to detach myself from movies once I'm done shooting them, because after that, it's in the hands of God. And it doesn't help if I panic.

Prior to Gabbar Singh, when the movies you starred in didn't work at the BO, did you, at any point, feel like giving up?
    No. Though my debut film Luck didn't do well, my work was appreciated in the film. Then I did Anaganaga O Dheerudu, in which people liked the way I looked, and in Oh My Friend, the audience liked my performance. The Tamil film 3 is a movie that I will always be proud of, irrespective of whether it did well at the BO or not. It completely changed my career and people's perspective of me as a performer.

Now that you've got two big hits in your kitty, do you feel you've justified your role as an actor and proved all the critics wrong?
    I never bothered about critics in the first place. And I'm not out to prove anything to anyone. Honestly, if I took every slight that someone made at me seriously, it just wouldn't work. Do I focus on getting over that or should I focus on doing my work work and getting better at it? My mantra is simple; sabka number aata hai. Ek din mera bhi ayega.

Before Balupu, Ravi Teja too had a series of flops, as did Pawan Kalyan before Gabbar Singh. Do you consider yourself their lucky charm? You're now called the 'Golden Leg'!
    (Laughs) My leg is not shiny or heavy. But no, I am not responsible for such things and I refuse to take these things seriously!

Now that you are getting so many offers from Tollywood and Bollywood, how special does that make you feel?
    I've always felt special (laughs), whether people cast me for their movies or not. I've had tremendous amounts of self confidence since the age of four. I came to the industry to work and enjoy the process, and I'm extremely thankful to God with the way things are going. But initially, I never thought I'd be a heroine. I never thought I was pretty enough to be one! I'd just see Madhuri Dixit and be in awe. At that time, I was an athlete, playing in the sun all the time. I was a very scrawny, papad-looking girl. I've learnt so much since I joined cinema. I just want to take it as a positive experience.

It seems like you're a very spiritual person...
    I don't know if I'm spiritual. But I like to find some sort of justification in our being; otherwise we'll all go mad! But I certainly do believe in God. And I really believe that the universe gives you exactly what you need, in the way you need, and at the time that you need it.

You forthcoming Hindi film, D-Day, sees you play the role of a sex worker. It's a very unconventional role, and it takes a lot of courage to play it. What made you sign the film?
    Honestly, I don't think it's the role of the sex worker that was challenging as much as the intensity of the character. There's a metaphor for everything that she's been through that's been portrayed through a scar on her face. But I don't think that's the crux of her job in the film. It's more about her ability to love someone the way she does, yet be a very grey person, very complicated and convoluted in her own way. It was a very, very interesting role to play.

How did you feel when you played the role?
    There are some scenes that you finish shooting and you literally feel the character, your personality, the reality of the set and reality of the film, all tugging in four different directions. You feel, what I call, a very uncomfortable comfort inside, of a role you really like. And for me, one of the sequences we shot in the film was extremely intense, and emotionally, it had a great impact. So the next day, I didn't talk to anybody. And this rarely happens to me, because I can easily switch on and off — with six movies I'm doing right now, if I get into all six personalities, I'll probably land up at a mental institution! It was a very
    challenging role.

The first poster of D-day that was released created quite a furore on social networking sites. What do you have to say to that?
    I think in the context of a moving frame, it makes more sense. Personally, as a woman, I respect my body very much, as do all women, and I'm confident of it. My body is something I look at with respect. And I think sensuality and sexuality are a part of the human range of emotions, and as an actor, I have to portray as many emotions as I can. So, if either of this happens to fall into my script, I'll do it with the same dignity and confidence that I do a comic scene or a scene where I have to cry.

Would you say Tollywood has been your ticket to Bollywood, since you got a lot of offers after the success of Gabbar Singh?
    No, but I think the stars do have a way of aligning itself to your benefit! Everything is connected, yet it's not. I think it's just about meeting and working with the right people. I think it happens by chance. But Tollywood will always be special. I have a special bond with Hyderabad, as I remember collecting my dad's first Filmfare Award here, and announcing, during the speech, that I will come back and get my own award. And my dad was so annoyed because I had changed his speech (laughs).

You did a racy photoshoot for a magazine recently. Is there a specific reason you did that?
    See, no one seems to have a problem when I did the item number in Balupu, in which my clothes were far more revealing than the ones I wore at the photoshoot. It's all about perception. I had gone to Portugal, and was swimming 10 laps after work everyday and I was proud of my body — I've been working out. For those who look at it positively, I say thank you, and for those who don't, I say don't look at those pics.

What about your singing career?
    I still sing. I crooned for a song in D-day, and it's one of my personal favourites. Music is tattooed on my soul. Though I don't have many musical projects right now, I'm not concerned, because I will always get back to it. But where is the independent music scene in India? I've lived on both sides of the fence, and I know how difficult it is. I have played with bands and all of us would travel to a place in one Innova. What we get paid as musicians is peanuts when compared to the money actors get for cutting a ribbon! It's very sad, and I don't think it's fair at all. But I will go back really soon, because my heart is still there. I want to try and bring about a change.

What about your personal life? Are you single or dating?
    Oh, I am single, but not at all ready to mingle. I've reached a phase in life where work is the only thing that gets my mojo going. I'm a proud workaholic. I spend time with my friends and I 'rejuvenate my spirit' in between. But I need just two or three hours for that. I think I haven't had three consecutive days off in the last one and a half years and I'm proud of it.

As Kamal Haasan's daughter, did you ever feel the need to prove something to somebody?
    Not really. In the beginning I was like, 'Man, this is a really big mountain to climb'. Then I decided I don't want to climb this mountain, and that I'll swim in a completely different ocean. That was the approach. And now, even though I am very proud to be my parents' daughter, people have starting looking at me as my own person, which is very important.

And yes, my dad had advised me, but beyond a point, it has always been my own journey — I've made my own mistakes, and fixed them myself. He planted the seed in my head to have the courage to try something different, to always follow my heart. He also said, "Beyond a point, you can't care what people are going to say", because end of the day, you're answerable only to yourself. And I've learnt that it is okay to fall flat on your face — you are sure to learn how to stand back up — it is going to happen, not necessarily in the way you expect, but it will happen.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/e...w/21019492.cms

Post Thanks / Like
    Wonderful thought-provoking responses
    Was so sick of interviews with saccharin coated answers where most of them just scratch the surface.
    Shruti's interviews are so honest and well-thought. !

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    Wonderful thought-provoking responses
    Was so sick of interviews with saccharin coated answers where most of them just scratch the surface.
    Shruti's interviews are so honest and well-thought. !
    Here I see Kamal's effect on Shruthi..
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shruti Haasan's Alvida track in D-Day gets good reviews

Singer, actor and composer - the versatile Shruti Haasan is juggling her career between Bollywood and the South. Her soon-to-be-released film D-Day is getting a lot of praise for its songs. Worth mentioning is the track called Alvida, sung by the beautiful actor herself, it shows Shruti getting intimate with her co-star Arjun Rampal in the film.
    The film features music from Shankar Ehsaan Loy, lyrics from Niranjan Iyengar and has been sung by Mika Singh, Javed Ali, Rekha Bhardwaj, Sukwinder Singh amongst others.
    Alvida is the best the track of the album. Nikhil D'Souza and Shruti Haasan have very well managed to deliver the bittersweet composition and beautiful lyrics. Sukwinder Singh is the highlight of this song as he manages to pull the listeners with strong vocals.
    In D-Day, Shruti plays the role of a Pakistani prostitute. About her role in this action thriller, she says, "It is extremely intense, layered and complex to play and watch. I liked the part it is the youthful romantic track in the film. It is a turning point in the film."
    Directed by Nikhil Advani, 'D-Day' stars Arjun Rampal, Rishi Kapoor, Irrfan Khan, Sandeep Kulkarni and Huma Qureshi in the lead roles.
    Shruti's other release this year includes Prabhudeva's Ramaiya Vastavaiya opposite debutant Girish Kumar.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about being with someone?
    I don’t know. I’ve been so independent. Also I imagine myself as being a difficult girlfriend because I’m always on my own trip. I’m an artiste, I’m always figuring out things in my head. Ultimately, it boils down to being with a good and a kind person, which is rare to find. Someone who lets you be. Everyone has this I-want-you-to-be-this-way condition, everyone has a screenplay for you in their head. From what I see, you go expecting one thing and you get nothing what you expected. That’s the scary thing about relationships. Everything else is easy to figure out.
    Beautifully articulated ! Brilliant and very intelligent responses to all questions !
    And those who were seen dancing, were thought to be insane, by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast