Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Anegan - Dhanush - Amyra - K V Anand - Harris Jayaraj - AGS Production

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amyra for me looked like Isha Talwar
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Freiburg, Fribourg, Switzerland, Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anban View Post
    namesake twist ellaam inge illa.. there is proper detailing and clues in the movies .. no forced twists here ..
    actually, more than anyone else, it's a common pattern in all KV Anand movies ...
    kanaa kanden ? kadan kodukkum friend
    ko : manthiri aagum friend
    ayyan : kooda irukkum friend
    maattran : appa

anegan : ?
    i am yet to watch the movie ... but neenga sonnatha vachu, naan antha '?' fill up pannitten

Senior Member Regular Hubber srimal's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think its been 20 years since KV Anand won the national award for cinematography... His father brought a small black and white TV so we (his tenants) could watch the award ceremony live He's now given up cinematography but the scenes shot in Myanmar ( was it all just Rangoon ?? ) are the highlights of the movie... the shots are composed so well- they look like poetry by themself..

background research on script and story( SuBa ?? ) , attention to details, casting etc... are all perfect as usual..

All the roles were a cakewalk for Dhanush, not much of a challenge for him, but I was so happy to see Karthik on screen again - what a meaty role for hi... have always beenn his fan since before college days ( donno how many times I've seen Varsham 16)... so delighted to see him at his casanova best.. Amyra suits the role - she's done well but lacks something....dont think she will make any impact in kollywood...

Harris shows his limitations... BGM was not that great (pretty awful ) in some places... songs made up for all that... couldnt hear a word of Dangamari at S2 theyagaraja... the guys in front and back rows were just screaming and whistling through out the Mari-Kalyani episode

Good entertainer.... but still lacked something... its not the length or songs or script... and I dont think I will let that bother me

5. Likes Pras liked this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    அனேகன் ஓபனிங் கொண்டாட்டம் ஆல்பம்

anegan2.jpganegan1.jpganegan4.jpg Antony seems full ..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anegan - Arpudham
    Amyra - Adhai Vida Arpudham

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Felt the movie thoroughly entertaining. K V Anand’s strong script and screenplay is the real winner. The script is complicated but Suba and K V Anand has done a great job of narrating it in a lucid way which only shows their sincerity and dedication. The movie also involves a pain staking research. The detailing is also amazing, During the 1987 episode, a newspaper’s banner was showing the incident of a sri lankan cop attacking Rajiv Gandhi. In the very next scene, when the sales tax officer was taken to hospital in a car, an English daily was shown with the same incident.

It’s not a challenging role for danush and it’s a cake walk for him but Karthik was the one who impressed me a lot. He has got an excellent character and he does 200 percent justice to it. What a talented actor. Hope to see him in many movies and hope this movie would serve as a platform for his re entry. They could have chosen an experience lady lead for the character instead of Amyra. Definitely She looks good and has performed well but kinda gives a feel that she lacks the charisma to carry such a meaty role.

After a long time, good music from Harris. Almost all the songs are likeable and the BGM was OK’ish. As the knots started to unfold, we could quickly guess the villan that’s the only negative I felt but since the story was moving in a rapid pace, it doesn’t matter much. The locations were really great and the first 30 minutes were totally poetic.

Overall, Anegan is an out and out pop corn entertainment and one cannot ask for more. This should be a big win for K V Anand.
    Know something about everything and go deeper in one thing

Senior Member Senior Hubber nickraman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good masala film after a long time. But this SuBa - KV Anand have a penchant for using drug related plot devices as a cause of the root conflict. Ayan had cocaine related to smuggle goods, Maattraan had the whole energy drink fiasco, etc..

Dhanush as usual good, but it's Amrya that surprised me. Never expected a heroine in TC to get a good scope and act as a mouth piece to carry story forward. But it's Karthik that was the best. After "I", am noticing 80-90s yesteryear heroes becoming main villain. New trend in TC in coming films?

But in terms of execution, song placement exhausts a little and Anand needs work on that. Far better than "I" as a psychological thriller.
    "aaj ka mera hey, kalka thera hey, side-dish pagoda hey, ye hey life hey"

10. Likes A.ANAND liked this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by balaajee View Post
    அனேகன் ஓபனிங் கொண்டாட்டம் ஆல்பம்

anegan2.jpganegan1.jpganegan4.jpg Antony seems full ..
    simbu nee avalo nallavana'yya nee!!sirichi kitte danush kalutha nerikira mathiriye irukku..ha ha..

Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A movie that could have been great with a more capable hand. Instead it is just good. Slow pacing at place, poor climax and unneeded fight scenes brings the movie down. There was nothing unique about the past lives. All the story has been done 1000s of times before and better. The twist comes out of nowhere you are left with asking all the 5 W's and 1 H. Who? When? Where? Why? What? and How?. You don't get answer for most of it and the answers you do get leaves you with even more questions.

Other than the acting and the subject, the movie has nothing else going for it. It is a good time passer but that's it.

People who says Shankar should learn from K.V. Anand....just no. I believe Shankar could have done way more with the concept.
    It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    - Robert H. Goddard

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie Buff View Post
    Just curious if it would have suited Vijay as was planned initially. There would have of course been appropriate changes but the core ...would it have been good for Vijay?
    Would have been wasted. Except for the action scenes, nothing else is Vijay's forte.

Quote Originally Posted by Anban View Post
    Amrya was just brilliant.. thayavu seithu comedy seyya vendaam .. g
    +1
    Drop dead gorgeous plus lovely acting.

Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    My friends who watched it late night said that the crowd brought the roof down for Dangamaari.
    I was worried that the picturisation would be a let down like WTK, but it was such a celebration.... reminded me a little of pala palakkum from Ayan.

Quote Originally Posted by cm123 View Post
    First 30 min full filma vanthirunthal Tamilil oru Titanic kidathirukkalam.
    Outstanding.... I was thinking that Malay cinema needs a director like KVA!

ANEGAN!!!! What a movie!
    Complete entertainer.... you'll walk out of the cinema smiling!
    Don't miss.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast