View Poll Results: Which movie excels the true potential of actor Vijay?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thuppakki

2 11.76%
  • Kaththi

10 58.82%
  • Thullatha manamum thullum

3 17.65%
  • Kushi

1 5.88%
  • Nanban

1 5.88%
Page 283 of 402 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333383 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 4011

Thread: KATHTHI - Ilayathalapathy VIJAY | ARM | SAMANTHA|ANIRUDH

Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kaththi - Double Delight!

Reading ARM's interview on the day of release on how Vijay is about the very few actors who could carry both commercial cinema and intense cinema with grace, I was hoping for a double delight on Diwali day. All typical Vijay specials in a movie that had an intense base. That Vijay was acting in a dual role was another reason for the double delight hope.

The movie as many have pointed here have some lose ends especially in the first 45 minutes or so, but Vijay was part of the first 45 minutes and I certainly had no complaints. The blue print scene, his one-liners with Sathish, the Pakkam Vanthu song., I had my dose of Vijay on screen.

The moment the flashback begins, you know the movie will get into cruise mode. Ilayathalapathy as Jeevanantham, his subtle variations in his body language, his tone, the little blink of eyes, white crystals visible in his beard, his attire, all make the role a memorable one. Be it his one-line definition of Communism or his moaning the moment he comes to know the injustice meted to some of his villagers, Vijay comes across with a natural portrayal of a good, honest and a helpless village man.

Now, if you are going to say this is not enough to prove his acting mettle, that's o.k, I am not going to bother much.

Vijay simply rocks!

Thalaivaa, take a bow

Then the moment Kathir realises his folly and fits himself into Jeeva's shoes, it is a blast.

The fight with Box News girls, the pre-interval scene when he glares people out of the room, the coin-flip sequence, the whole water tunnel sequence, the press meet, the climax fight when his fiery eyes turn into a sword, Vijay just goes to another level.

As Movie Buff wrote a couple of days back, there were some P&B guys/comments in the theatre trying to troll the movie. ARM did give them a fodder in the first few sequences, but the moment the pipe sequence comes, they are forced to see Vijay rise into the hearts of the audience. Phew, that could have been really tough on them. Anyways, for me though, this was and will be an unforgettable experience.

The beauty about this movie though is, all the dull moments happen in the first half while the second half has all the WOW moments. Almost everyone who walked out of the hall were happy/moved.

Talking of double delights:

Dual Vijay and his first success in double action role

He has broken the 2nd time director sentiment and ARM has broken that too

Box office seems to be on fire and I have read and heard a lot of positive comments/reviews on Vijay's performance.

What else do I want, perhaps, tickets to my next Kaththi show maybe!

Take a bow, ARM!!!
    Last edited by CEDYBLUE; 23rd October 2014 at 07:54 PM.
    In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Aruna Theater Bangalore. Today evening!

Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    With all the praise he is getting for the portrayal of Jeevan, I think we are forgetting his portrayal of Kathir. His transformation when he comes to know more about the village. Especially during the AV scene his subtle reactions are too good.

Junior Member Senior Hubber Dammy R's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GreyShirt View Post
    With all the praise he is getting for the portrayal of Jeevan, I think we are forgetting his portrayal of Kathir. His transformation when he comes to know more about the village. Especially during the AV scene his subtle reactions are too good.
    I was gona say this. To me, his acting after that AV is done is the best portrayal and acting ...more than the emotional outburst in the Jeeva flashback.

Junior Member Senior Hubber Dammy R's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very good write up Cedy. Super review bro .

7. Likes CEDYBLUE liked this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Avan avan azhudhutaenu solluraava ....thalaiva enna thidirnu ippdi ....

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't think of any other actor in his generation who could've pulled that press meet scene. Bloody awesome. I myself have criticized his mannerism of speaking with closed lips. But what a changeover!!
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    Vinod,

I am not exaggerating. But the whole theatre was into pin drop silence in that scene
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dammy R View Post
    I was gona say this. To me, his acting after that AV is done is the best portrayal and acting ...more than the emotional outburst in the Jeeva flashback.
    the teary eyes, timid walk...

amazing performance!

Post Thanks / Like
    And Jeeva remains Jeeva throughout, if you know what i mean. Loved it

- Bernard Shaw