View Poll Results: Which movie excels the true potential of actor Vijay?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thuppakki

2 11.76%
  • Kaththi

10 58.82%
  • Thullatha manamum thullum

3 17.65%
  • Kushi

1 5.88%
  • Nanban

1 5.88%
Page 388 of 402 FirstFirst ... 288338378386387388389390398 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,880 of 4011

Thread: KATHTHI - Ilayathalapathy VIJAY | ARM | SAMANTHA|ANIRUDH

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    He almost stopped doing rope lifting fight sequences in last few years... last movie which had heavy fight sequences was Velayudham ... now concentration is more on impact,style and presentation .. one of the reason could be ageing !!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    KATHTHI GROSSED 100 CRORES
    Today, Kaththi's music director Anirudh tweeted that Kaththi reportedly grossed 100 crores worldwide by the end of its twelfth day . According to Anirudh the Tamil Nadu gross collection is 65.1cr, overseas collection is 20.2 crores and rest of India gross collection is 15.4 crores. When cross checked with early estimates from trade experts, the collection figures look legit which means AR Murugadoss touched the 100 crores mark for the fourth time (Ghajini(Hindi), Thuppakki, Holiday and Kaththi) among which two are Vijay films.
    Gross collection estimates:
    TN- 65.4 crs
    Overseas - 20.2 crs
    Kerala, Karnataka, rest of India - 15.4 crores
    Cinemalead wishing the entire team of Kaththi on the great achievement
    Very special day! #Kaththihitsfastest100cr! Total theatrical collection-100.7cr (65.1 TN,20.2 Overseas, 15.4 Others) pic.twitter.com/1gs0Eu9FpM— Anirudh Ravichander (@anirudhofficial) November 3, 2014
    http://cinemalead.com/news-id-kathth...-11-146479.htm

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leosimha View Post
    the most funniest part is that ARM is tweeting the video by itisprashanth....

and the worst part if whatever gopi says is true then ARM shouldn't have used Ajith's name when he not even told the story to Ajith just for some media mileage and then going on to do a movie with Vijay with the story which was planned for Ajith but not yet even told once to Ajith. If Ajith had rejected after hearing the story and then Vijay has gone on to do....that is acceptable and is a different story altogether...

ARM... :bang: who knows whether Dheena story is his...guess even the word "Thala" would have been coined by somebody else...
    May be just in your dream ARM said so

Post Thanks / Like

Junior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Box Office Collections: Vijay's 'Kaththi' Collects ₹ 100 Crores in 12 Days!

Vijay's star power has worked big time again as he has registered his name in the ₹ 100-crore-club again. Yes, his "Kaththi" has made a hit a century in 12 days and the news has been formally announced by music director Anirudh Ravichander.
    A still from "Kaththi"
    On his Twitter page, Anirudh Ravichander has revealed the news and said that Vijay's movie has made 65.1 crores in Tamil Nadu and it has earned ₹ 15.4 crores from the overseas market. He wrote,"#Kaththihitsfastest100cr Total theatrical collection-100.7cr 65.1 TN, 20.2 Overseas, 15.4 Others via @anirudhofficial"
    This is Vijay's second movie after his blockbuster "Thuppakki". This film had taken two weeks to reach the ₹ 100-crore mark and his latest movie has made it in just 12 days, which is a new record for the Ilayathalapathy. It is interesting to note that both the films are helmed by AR Murugadoss.
    "Kaththi" was released on October 22 with huge expectations from the audience. After facing a lot of troubles over the release, the Tamil film released with a bang in above 1000 screens worldwide. The Vijay and Samantha starrer movie took a stunning opening and made 23.45 crores on the first day.
    It is not the domestic collection that surprised traders but the response it got in foreign countries as it earned more than seven crores on the release day. "Kaththi" managed to retain its momentum in the five-day extended weekend.
    In the first weekend, "Kaththi" made around 36 crores from Tamil Nadu and about 11 crores from the international circuits. The major chunk of share from overseas has been contributed in Malaysia where the Vijay's film got a never-before reception.
    In the following days, the collections were expected to slow down but the AR Murugadoss directorial movie managed to attract good audience in the week days too. This helped the Tamil movie to reach the ₹ 100-crore mark in just 12 days.
    "Kaththi" has become the fourth Tamil movie to reach the mark after Rajnikanth's "Sivaji", "Enthiran" and Vijay's "Thuppakki".
    http://www.ibtimes.co.in/box-office-...12-days-612891

Post Thanks / Like
    Fab Flickz @FabFlickz
    #Kaththi Chennai & suburb Box Office INR 17.52cr in 12 days.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepak7 View Post
    Kathi Trolls – Who cares on messages?

Posted on November 2, 2014 by Azhagan — No Comments ↓
    If you are wondering that i am going to defend Vijay from recent Kathi trolls, you are wrong. This post is just to express my anguish how educated youths, so called future generation, are wasting their energy in such stupid activities discarding a vital message.

Many of us might have received a lot of trolls depicting actor Vijay like an opportunist, who is playing double game for Money. The reason being his casting in a recent movie Kathi as a social activist while he promoted one of the soft drinks in the past. Seriously is this the message you fellows take from such a powerful dialogue in that scene? If so i feel very bad and worried about the intellectual level we have attained so far.

Our passion towards an individual should not blind our common sense to ignore a good message from his counterpart.

Nobody bothered to care about the facts conveyed in the climax dialogue. I have not seen a single forward on acknowledging those facts or any vows / resolutions,that vanishes by time, to stop using products that are killing agriculture. Rather i see anti Vijay messages being forwarded all over the social media. Are we so dump to let our worthless emotions to take over? If so please tear your degrees certificates and join in a kinder garden to redo your education that imparts values in to your life.

The reason for me to go so hard on this is another foolish forward that did rounds in social media last week. That was about the mobile internet strike on 30th Oct 14 to oppose the raising mobile internet cost. That message was so stupid that it claimed to create a huge loss to mobile industry just when users stop using internet for a day and on the top it linked our PM for promoting it. People were smart enough to spread that message as they felt this is the foremost issue our PM is having in his hand to be solved at once with their support.

Come on, wake up friends. The best one liner i came across for communism.

The first bite after your hunger subsides is someone else’s…..

I don’t suggest all of you to become a communist. But my point here is use your resources wisely. When not even a single bite after your needs is justified, how can a worthless forward that is being sent via mobile networks, which took life forms like sparrow and butterflies out of our fauna, be justified. Moreover think about the time and energy spend in such activities. In this technology powered world, our each and every action leaves a equal and opposite reaction (dent) on nature. So please act wisely…

Once again i would like to disclaim that i am not a Vijay fan trying to defend Kathi…. I accept it had laughable scenes like Kathiresan having a vision of drainage lines under the table just by seeing the blueprints over the table. Also questions like how did Kathiresan became so genius suddenly to solve the long pending case? And depiction of Jivanantham as a simple man without much courage at the same time being activist that contradicts. On a whole Kathi was an above average movie with a very good message that got lost in anti Vijay obsession
    The message conveyed by this article is so so true........... ppl become so obsessed with some individual (either pro or anti) that they fail to see the actual picture around it..........

and regarding that switch off internet for a day......... protest ngra per la enna panna sonnalum panrathukku nu niraya makkal ready ah irukkanga without caring to see if it could yield anything useful...............modi ya link panrathu...... whatsapp la ippa lam entha maathiri public message vanthaalum ippa our PM says nu solli than varuthu....... soon he will become a laughing stock if some one does not stop this nonsense.......
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

10. Likes elsaen11 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kornerseat @Kornerseat :
    #Kaththi Chennai & suburb Box Office 17.52crs in 12 days. Biggest ever in Kollywood history. #Vijay

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kaththi's TN collection of 65.4 C comes with a tax exemption and few more crores in the coming week in TN alone will take care of the film's budget of 70C. The kerala,karnataka,ROI,FMS,audio rights,satellite rights will all come under the revenue category.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw