View Poll Results: Which movie excels the true potential of actor Vijay?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thuppakki

2 11.76%
  • Kaththi

10 58.82%
  • Thullatha manamum thullum

3 17.65%
  • Kushi

1 5.88%
  • Nanban

1 5.88%
Page 293 of 402 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303343393 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 4011

Thread: KATHTHI - Ilayathalapathy VIJAY | ARM | SAMANTHA|ANIRUDH

Junior Member Senior Hubber Dammy R's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very well said Ajay. I don't think anyone else should get offended with this feat. Records are meant to be broken some day. Enthiran maintained that day 1 record for a good amt of time. Now we have "I", Lingaa, and perhaps Kamal movies in line that cud break this record too. All this is good for tamil cinema from a commercial standpoint. And yes, Vijay has once again proved that in the current gen, he is not only the king of collections but also opening.

2. Likes gane14 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Kaththi bday Ajay

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    This Enthiran day 1 record break is a staggering and significant achievement. Enthiran had some biggest names and a big corporate house to back them up. Also the promotions were sky high. It had a carpet bombing release with no competition. Kaththi had a very young team with only two big names, Vijay and ARM. Booking started a day before and released with Poojai, a film which got 450+ screens. Still if it manages to beat Endhiran handsomely, please stop comparing Vijay with his contemporaries. That time is long gone.
    +1 Totally agreed..

Post Thanks / Like
    So here's my review. Watched it in REX Cinemas here in Singapore. Full house at 12pm on a working day, a day after Deepavali which was housefull for all shows too. On to the movie, the biggest surprise for me was Satish. His dialogue delivery near the end was excellent. Neil Nithin Mukesh was an awesome villian, ruthless at times but also comedic in a few rare moments. Nothing much to say about Samantha. She's just there for the songs (like Kajal in Thuppakki). The rest of the supporting cast all did their roles brilliantly; notably the old men.

Action was mostly very well done, barring some of the mill 'through the window' scenes.. Music was also excellent, especially that BGM. The BGM for Jeeva's scenes was also spledind. Cinematography was top notch, colours were superbly used for the maximum effect. ARM's direction, though laggy at times was mostly efficient. Dialogues deserve a special mention.

And now to the star of the film, Vijay and what a star he was as both Kathiresan and Jeevanadham. The Kathi character reminded me of Jagdish except he's on crack or something. His action scenes, dialogue delivery (especially in that press meet scene), emotions, dance steps were all flawless. That scene right before the intermission and right after the fight, you can actually feel his anger. And as a direct contrast to that character, he wonderfully underplayed Jeevanadham. That character did not have much dialogues but he did have one of the best lines in the film (What is communism?). This character was all about the emotions and Vijay as usual excelled. That flashback scene where he discovers the water, realizes they've been cheated and the climax scene were all acted brilliantly. Though I felt he could have done more in the climax fight, I mean his hands were untied...

On to the negatives, draggy first 30-40 mins, songs placement and some hastily edited scenes like whatever happened to the 2 assassins that came to kill Kathiresan?

All in all, a showcase of Vijay's wide range of talents, amazing story with a social message and a clean entertainer. Can be caught more than once even though it's lengthy. It's $17 here per ticket (upwards of Rs800) but that pre-interval fight scene alone is worth the price of admission. Brother and mum enjoyed Thuppakki more but I honestly think the 2 movies can't be compared. Different genres.

7. Likes ecureuhapis, Dammy R, gane14, CEDYBLUE liked this post
    Senior Member Devoted Hubber gane14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GreyShirt View Post
    I hope not. It was good without the song breaking up the pace. Especially if it comes during the pipeline scene.
    hmmm, but I dont wanna miss a Vijay song on big screen, let them add the song without breaking up the pace of the movie.
    எல்லாம் நன்மைக்கே

Junior Member Regular Hubber Mohan kumar.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie Buff View Post
    Good in a way that the palam song was not there.Apparently it is there in the US version based on what I saw on twitter and it is placed during the tunnel scene when Samantha gives Vijay the ring. Would have taken away the seriousness of the occasion a little.
    I agree there was no scope for a duet in the last 1 hr.. But it was the only disappointment for me at the end.. I was expecting something different visually for the song before release.. Please share the link if someone find any video online..
    " The secret of life is to fall seven times & get up eight times"

Junior Member Regular Hubber Mohan kumar.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gane14 View Post
    Paalam song will be added after 10 days - ARM - Radio Mirchi
    " The secret of life is to fall seven times & get up eight times"

Post Thanks / Like
    Kornerseat @Kornerseat :
    Saurav Sharma of Goldie films ( #Kaththi KA distributor) : Kaththi had 450 shows on its first day in KA & 290 shows from Bangalore alone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kornerseat @Kornerseat :
    Saurav Sharma: Ilayathalapathy Vijay is ahead of all Tamil actors in KA except Rajnikanth if one goes with crowd response for his movies.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kudos to arm n vijay for gud message..liked 2nd half.only heroine is big mines.closeupla paakave sagikala..but vijay innum illamayagitte poraru.

14. Thanks VinodKumar's thanked for this post