Page 327 of 344 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 3439

Thread: UlagaNayagan KAMALHAASAN in ||"UthamaVillan"|| Directed by Ramesh Aravind

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Delayed release impacts Kamal Haasan’s ‘Uttama Villain’ at box office
    "Uttama Villain" has failed to create ripples at the box office due to its delayed release.

Actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan-starrer Tamil period-drama “Uttama Villain” has failed to create ripples at the box office due to its delayed release, says a trade pundit.

“Two weeks since its release, the film is yet to break even. The reason for poor show at the box office is the delayed release. Had the film released as initially planned on May 1, it would’ve opened to record collections,” trade analyst Trinath told IANS.

Ramesh Aravind-directed “Uttama Villain”, which was a highly anticipated release, was to hit the screens on May 1 worldwide.

Due to some financial issues between the film’s makers and financiers, the release of the movie was stalled on first day. It released on May 2.

“Big budget star vehicles rely heavily on the collections of the opening weekend. For ‘Uttama Villain’, an opening day collection of nearly Rs.10 crore was expected going by the pre-release buzz. But since the release got delayed, the numbers were affected,” he said.
    Related

Uttama Villain release delayed, early morning shows cancelled
    VFX work delays release of Kamal Haasan's 'Uttama Villain'
    Kamal Haasan's 'Uttama Villain' to release April 2

The film is said to be loosely inspired by several events in Kamal’s life. It narrates the story of a superstar on the brink of extinction.

While the film was received well by the multiplex audiences, it was welcomed to lukewarm response in B and C centres due to its semi auto-biographical narrative tone.

Trinath says Aishwarya Dhanush-directed Tamil film “Vai Raja Vai”, which released along with “Uttama Villain”, ate into the business of the latter due to its delayed release.

“People who had come to the cinemas to watch Kamal’s film on the first day ended up watching ‘Vai Raja Vai’. Even the screens that were originally booked for ‘Uttama Villain’ had to screen Aishwarya’s film to accommodate the crowd,” Trinath said.

“Due to the delayed release of Kamal’s film, ‘Vai Raja Vai’ collected a whopping Rs.3.3 crore on the first day in Tamil Nadu. It was a small film and was received reasonably well by the audience,” he added.

Kamal has already moved on to his next Tamil-Telugu bilingual film titled “Thoongaavanam”, which is set to go on floors on May 24 in Hyderabad.

http://indianexpress.com/article/ent...at-box-office/
    Last edited by bill4u; 17th May 2015 at 06:40 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Senior Hubber radiochandra1977's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wonderful to speak to Nachiketa over phone. Oru manthayil iruntha irandu aadugal ........ meendum santhitha pothu ..... pesa mudiyavillaye ....... NT oda gnanaoli mathiri aayidichu. Just realised that Nachiketa is my estranged childhood friend ........ what a twist !!!
    Kalaikkadavul Kamalin Bakthan

4. Likes Russellbba liked this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome back Doctor... good to know that you two got connected thru our hub... Me and Nachiketa have spoken couple of times over phone as well.. pls continue... Thoongavanam shooting unga hospital-la nadakkum-nu sonneega.. edhaavadhu updates irundhaa andha threadla post pannunga...
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure. Tq CR

Post Thanks / Like
    From 1985 to 1995, me and Nachiketa would have spent all summer holidays together. He used to come from chennai. Whole day we used to hang out on my house terrace and discuss kamal, NT, Ilayaraja mainly and lot of cricket. I used to call him Rameez Raja and he used to call me sathi sukanya for some weird reason.

Post Thanks / Like
    All this while I know him as nachiketa on the hub but didnt know it was my friend itself. Its more than a decade since we met last. We have seen singaravelan day one , oru thayin sabatham, ninaivu chinnam, captain prabhakaran, and many other movies together in pondy theaters and 100s and 100s of movies on VCR in my house. Every nite , cricket on our terrace with a 100 watts bulb for lighting. And endless dumbcharades. He is 3 years mu senior so learnt a lot from him about old tamil movies.

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi doc.. we need u here. whats the final verdict of uv?

Post Thanks / Like
    Avarage grosser ....... if first 2 days opening wasnt spoilt by idiocy .... could have scraped thru to mild hit.

Post Thanks / Like
    VR 2 release aaga ellaam valla iraniyanai praarthikkiren.

Post Thanks / Like
    Second half un ecessary tiger scenes and one minister resigning scenes and ottran scenes ..... firstey remove panni ..... oru flashback kuthu pattu shooting with simran or some other ex heroine ...... would have made a lot of difference. 10 percent loss of artism and 30 percent more reach to audience. Good trade off it would have been. Aana yaaru sollarthu nammalukku ?

13. Likes Russellbba liked this post