Page 306 of 344 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 3439

Thread: UlagaNayagan KAMALHAASAN in ||"UthamaVillan"|| Directed by Ramesh Aravind

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Finally managed to watch the film last night. Honestly, I didn't have any intention to watch the film but some unforeseen circumstances led me to watch the film. And how wrong i was in assuming the film will not be my cup of tea!

Kamal, take a bow!! பிறவிக்கலைஞனய்யா நீர். And i think they have swapped the title of Kamal's last two films. This film should've been titled 'Vishwaroopam'. The actor and story writer in Kamal has took giant strides in UV. And he stands tall among the great artistes like MS Bhaskar, Nasser, Urvasi, etc.

I dont know what wrong people found with Uttaman Kadhai. It was good and for people who've listened to Villupaattu before, the simple tale of Uttaman will be very appealing.
    Gr8..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it is fake!
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post

I don't think it is fake!
    Yes!!
    Atleast there must be a reason to believe its fake..

Junior Member Devoted Hubber pushpak's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by USV View Post
    Yes!!
    Atleast there must be a reason to believe its fake..
    I asked the same question first. Now on second thought, I have reasons to think it could be fake.
    This is Kamal for us - GREAT ! ! !
    Best of luck - dear Tamil Film Industry ! ! !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pushpak View Post
    I asked the same question first. Now on second thought, I have reasons to think it could be fake.
    This is Kamal for us - GREAT ! ! !
    reason sollunga??

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you could connect the sequences, there are some strong reasons to believe it is fake.

1. When Jayaram opens up to kamal about his daughter, first he is not even ready to believe it. then, he slowly believes it and tell to jayram that, his film career was in the hands of his father in law and out of desire, he agreed to his commands whereas in the letter he has written to yamini, he would have written that he is ready to give up everything and move towards her.

2. Only when chooku reads the letter, kamal knows that Yamini was pregnant and his father in law and chokku threatened yamini with money and asked her to abort. Kamal uses this information to his advantage in the letter.

3. Yamini's letter will have a sentence as 'love of my life' and kamal's letter too have the same sentence. You can find both the letters have almost same words and structure...
    Know something about everything and go deeper in one thing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by easygoer View Post
    If you could connect the sequences, there are some strong reasons to believe it is fake.

1. When Jayaram opens up to kamal about his daughter, first he is not even ready to believe it. then, he slowly believes it and tell to jayram that, his film career was in the hands of his father in law and out of desire, he agreed to his commands whereas in the letter he has written to yamini, he would have written that he is ready to give up everything and move towards her.

2. Only when chooku reads the letter, kamal knows that Yamini was pregnant and his father in law and chokku threatened yamini with money and asked her to abort. Kamal uses this information to his advantage in the letter.

3. Yamini's letter will have a sentence as 'love of my life' and kamal's letter too have the same sentence. You can find both the letters have almost same words and structure...
    mmm..logically right but still I am not convinced..perception differs always with kamal movies..sila vishayangal avarukku mattumae velicham

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ஒரு வழியாக உத்தம வில்லன் படம் பார்த்தாகிவிட்டது.

படத்தை பத்தி என்னத்த சொல்ல - தாங்க முடில - முதல்ல கமல் ஹாசன் என்கிற ஒருத்தர புடிச்சு உள்ள தள்ளனும் - யோவ் இது உனக்கே நல்லருக்காயா? உனக்கும் உன்ன சுத்தி உள்ள அத்தன பேருக்கும் இடையே இப்படி ஒரு பெரிய பள்ளத்தை தோண்டி தோண்டி - என்ன அநியாயம் அக்கிரமம்… ரொம்ப வருஷமாவே இந்த அராஜகத்துக்கு அளவே இல்லாம நடந்துட்டிருக்கு - இனிமேல் நீர் படம் எடுக்கவே கூடாது - அப்படியே எடுத்தாலும், ஒழுங்கா தமிழ்/இந்திய சினிமா உலகத்துல உள்ளவங்க மூக்குல விரல வைக்காம - ஏதோ படம் பண்ணினோமா, ஏதோ காசு சம்பாதிச்சமானு இல்லாம, என்னையா இது?

ஒரு பக்கம், நடனத்துல grace, elegance - இதுல எல்லாத்திலையும் aesthetics! The first intro dance following the villupattu (NOT the horrendous embarrassment 'loveae loveaa" -NOV sir pls note - catch my point aa?) of the Uthhaman character, the final few minutes of "kaadhalaam kadavul munn" and the last choreography of "hiranya nadagam" - absolute feast for the eyes, and senses!
    (NOV sir, even after watching such splendid fluidity in those dance sequences, if you still claim Kamal is not a natural dancer, I cannot help but feel sorry for you).

இன்னொரு பக்கம் - வெறும் பார்வையிலேயே ஆயிரம் அர்த்தம் தெரிந்தும் தெரியாமலும் புதைஞ்சு வச்சு - that one look after removing his makeup - when his daughter reads out the letter - I muttered "Jesus Christ" (US habit - no offence meant) - or his interaction with Chokku (wow what a performance from MSB!) - within a span of 10 seconds, the expression changes from puzzled, shocked to anger and then sorrow and then forgiveness!! மனித அறிவுக்கும் உணர்வுக்கும் பாலமாக the way he has used his skills!

Nassar - is there any role this man cannot do? his dialog delivery (ex "boodhangal aindhaa?" voice modulation and then "adhaikkuraithhukollakoodathaa?" - hilarious! the half full theater was roaring in laughter!) - dialogs were all notable even without Crazy Mohan's involvement - "padharaamal, udharaamal, sidharaamal" when Nasser is being taken in a palanquin to attend to an urgent matter - is an example).

குறைகள் - அந்தப் புலி ; in paleontology, we often hear about transitionary species - the tiger looked more like a mutated bobcat! maybe a nod to Ang Lee's Richard Parker tiger in 'The Life of Pi"?

கிப்ரான் இசையில் குறை இல்லையென்றாலும், உணர்ச்சி ததும்ப வேண்டிய இடங்களில் கோட்டை விட்டு விட்டார் - for ex: the scene where Kamal interacts with his son - dont get me wrong, call me biased, Isai Raaja would have elevated the already priceless scene to a different level!
    likewise other scenes, such as the Kamal-Urvashi-Andrea hospital room, the UV Poster backdrop while Kamal-Andrea-MSB interact - இதெல்லாம் ராசாவுக்கு அல்வா சாப்படற மாதிரி - சரி இது என்ன மாதிரி விசிரிங்களுடைய அங்கலாய்ப்பு

Also Poosaa Kumar's take was just a tad bit annoying - could have been toned down..

I couldn't care less if this was/is meant to be some kind of a biopic depicting Kamal's personal life - who gives a sh*t if Kamal used tantex or pintex underwear - but what matters immensely is the stunning portrayal of a flawed star with an equally flawed series of attempts towards redemption after learning abt impending death round the corner - the story of redemption need not have to come knocking when death is round the corner; when Manoranjan tells his son 'it comes to everyone' he is subtly conveying 'redemption is a journey as much as life's end is an inevitability'..

இனிமே இந்த படத்துக்கப்பரமும் எந்த புண்ணாக்காவது அமீர் கான், அந்த கான் இந்த கான் - எல்லாத்தையும் கமலோட ஒப்பிட்டு பேசினா, "சாகவரம் போல் சோகம் உண்டோ" கதி தான்..

I cannot think of any other artiste, who has internalized his life experiences plus human interactions, et al, with his literary skills, knowledge - process them - and give expression to them in such a glorious fashion!

Overall, I ask for Kamal to be banned from cinema - either that, or the others around him make better use of whatever talents they have been gifted with - this man is just outrageous and audacious.
    Last edited by irir123; 10th May 2015 at 10:16 PM.

11. Likes Cinemarasigan liked this post
    Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by USV View Post
    mmm..logically right but still I am not convinced..perception differs always with kamal movies..sila vishayangal avarukku mattumae velicham
    if the letter was fake then why did chokku tell Mano that he didn't deliver mano's letter to yamini as well ?