Page 315 of 344 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 3439

Thread: UlagaNayagan KAMALHAASAN in ||"UthamaVillan"|| Directed by Ramesh Aravind

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about Singapore? Is that included with Malaysia or others?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    Kumarsr,

A movie is actually 'whatever the viewer wants it to be'. Few people try to be 'perfectionist' stating that what they state is what should be slated. Irrespective to what the makers may have thought (I had been slapped many number of times with that line), I approach a movie as it appraoches me, and I don't care about the insider's informations. Such arguments come into place only when the fans & audience realise "Genre Filmmaking", until then, there is no wrong in expressing whatever you think about the movie. We have a habit of mixing anything & everything, and that's entirely a different topic.

'Your film got 1 million viewers'
    - 'I am glad that it will have 1 million different views'

Thats the end statement of any film maker. Recently I had a long (unofficial) conversation with a film maker and we were interrupted by other fans in regular intervals. "The scene was quite simple - a guy falls from the top of a building. Just a second before he is approached by the hero". I was not not amazed on the impact the scene had on the viewers, but was with their feedback. Some said that it was sad he commited suicide, other claimed its a tragic accident, few stated that it was the hero who scared him that made him fall, others went a step ahead and did a psychoanalysis inferring what made him jump, others blamed their relationship and pitied the guy, a lot laughed at the fall stating that it was one of the lighter moments in the film, others concluded that it was intentional, when few others judged that it was decisional.

The interesting part is that, for all the feedback the film maker was just smiling and nodding his head, as though every viewers interpretation was absolutely correct. Thats the magic of cinema. I know what and why exactly he kept that scene that way, but I will not speak it out and take the charm of film making. Its not getting acquainted with a film personality that counts, but respecting him as well as any other viewers sentiments is what that is important. That's the fuel to the machine called cinema.

One thing I always follow is that - creating a theory around a result will obviously point to the result - should not do that. In the context of UV, if you already consider Manorangan & Muttharasan are same and then start discovering symbols in the film, it will point to it. Else if you approach them to be 2 different persons, the same symbols will indicate something else. Thats the magic, but finding the trick needs an appraoch, eventhough both are logically correct with its own share of falacies. For that matter any decent film will hold it, not only Uttama Villan.

For instant : I can take the bubble theory, put it inside and comeout stating that it about 'multi-talent'. Or state that the galaxy is a hot pot where one bubble brusts to make few others and then arrange it in such a way to invade the Uttaman story. Or Uttaman as the art, so natural and innocent, which is been stuck with venom, back stabbed etc., and finally reaches the censor board, which is deaf to its freedom but listens only to the governing (social) parties - and then its all about how Art wins over its governing bodies. Or technically speaking, the shot where you see the back of Kamal in the Mall is the same shot of the frontal of Senguttuvan. Or the 'screen' - peephole - that shows Manoranjan being carried away - POV of Aparna and how its cut to the theatre - the stage. Or how the enjoyment of the victory by the people magically turns into the cheers of audience ... So on so forth.

Being a story-hunter, I can talk about the Uttaman story, its references or other similar tales which are funny and thought provoking. Or being interested in technical endeavors be it acting or naration or filmaking itself, we can go deep into the craft - editing/cinemotography/direction/etc., - which I feel less is talked about with Uttama Villain as people are quite busy with the screenplay as it was done by Kamal. If Ramesh Aravindh wrote the screen play and Kamal did the direction, the turn of events would be interesting to note from the fans end. Reminds me of Kannadasan's words. Anyway, the value is not how much you can talk, its how much you can take. Being a pot maybe great to be filled, but don't forget that a pot takes the same amount of water from the well as will as the ocean. Its upto to an individual to explore oneself, and each of his expressions defines who he really is.

Good going Arvind, I take the opputunity to thank you and the rest of the few including kumarsr, for giving flavoured views on different aspects/subjects of the film. Learnt a lot, and expecting more.
    Yes you are right for the highlighted part..
    just take the best scene in UV ,Kamal-Son conversation..forget the picturization and read out the dialogues and situation alone it will not have any impact..but the way its directed took that scene to altogether different level,probably one of the best in tamil films..

But the question here is whether ramesh aravind is director or ghost director?? That doubt is there in everyones mind so people are talking only about screenplay and not the direction..

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kumarsr View Post
    How about Singapore? Is that included with Malaysia or others?
    Nope. Singapore is minute.
    Tamil films play in the most premium cinemas in Malaysia and is often in the Top 10.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinemarasigan View Post
    Kamal's tribute to his mentor...
    Here is a better shot I took at the cinema.

Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    It struck me last night while reminiscing abt the film - why is UV clicking with the so-called 'family' audience? young and old?

oh yes!

Because, this is THE most 'K Balachanderesque' movie anyone has ever made - the screenplay, camera angles, the zoomed in closeups, the silhouette shots (be it the Kamal shadow on the UV poster while conversing with MSB and Andrea listening, or when Kamal falls down and the set prop falls on him, he sees the shadow of another actor in the larger than life getup looming large as the impending death itself (kinda nod to the masked man chasing Jayapradha in Ninaithaley inikkum?!), or the dialogs - they are all very, very Balachanderesque in nature - with the Kamal flavor and treatment thrown in!

Its like having decoction filter coffee in a brand new Target store cup!

Thats why UV is clicking well - the Balachander style of filmmaking and narration cut across social barriers in the 70s/80s with a no-nonsense approach towards human relationships and Kamal as his sishyan has given a terrific tribute to his guru by creating a script and filming it with another sishya RA in a way that reflects and is a tribute to the KB school of film-making!
    Last edited by irir123; 12th May 2015 at 07:50 PM.

7. Thanks Nasc thanked for this post
    Likes Cinemarasigan, Nasc liked this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by USV View Post
    "
    Nalla soneenga.. appa Unga Doctorkku dhaan adhiga dhandanai kodukkanum.. adhaan nadandhirukku.. avara 3 SS fans.. verupethitaangannu.. inga vandhu .. Rajinikanth talentless lucky star sonna.. engalukku veruppu vara dhaana seiyum.. adha express panna.. adhuvum in a very decent manner.. adhukku ungaalu potta comments.. evlo keeltharama irundhadhunnu ungaalunga kittaye kelunga.. "

Vithagarae before doctor commented check the below provoking statement from person who always intentionally pulling others leg,not only in this thread..

"I think we should never talk about BO performance when it comes to Kamal movies. That would be very silly. Sakala should change his signature as soon as possible. Otherwise that will misguide people to talk about BO performance of UV which does not seem that great. I would blame sakla if anybody talks about BO performance of KH movies anymore! "

This is just one of the provoking comments from that person..she has made lot many before doctor commented..
    evlo keeltharama irundhadhunnu ungaalunga kittaye kelunga vithagarae..

That commenters comments are in the range of ""மீனு மீனு - மீன் வாங்கலயோ மீனு மீனு"ன்னு கூவி கூவி விக்கற utter crass type - இந்த மாதிரி சூரியன பாத்து சிங்கு சிகான் பாட்டு பாடரவங்கள உதாசீனம் பண்ணாலே போதும் - thats why I chose to ignore that commenters comments long time back - Dr தான் கொஞ்சம் உணர்ச்சி வசப்பட்டுவிட்டார்.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Junior Member Devoted Hubber pushpak's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by USV View Post
    Yes you are right for the highlighted part..
    just take the best scene in UV ,Kamal-Son conversation..forget the picturization and read out the dialogues and situation alone it will not have any impact..but the way its directed took that scene to altogether different level,probably one of the best in tamil films..

But the question here is whether ramesh aravind is director or ghost director?? That doubt is there in everyones mind so people are talking only about screenplay and not the direction..
    nice question
    Best of luck - dear Tamil Film Industry ! ! !

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    As per sify box office report, UV is average , inspite of all the release time issues and the theme, I think this is a good result:
    http://www.sify.com/movies/boxoffice...8&cid=13525926

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ramdas2005 View Post
    As per sify box office report, UV is average , inspite of all the release time issues and the theme, I think this is a good result:
    http://www.sify.com/movies/boxoffice...8&cid=13525926
    Sify mentions Kamal as Uttaman, tacky graphics and too indulgent as thumps down!
    அப்போ சரளமான தமிழ்நடை, நகைச்சுவை, தெய்யம்-வில்லுப்பாட்டு நடனம், பாடல்கள், உடையலங்காரம் எல்லாம் பழைய கதையில் சோபிக்கவில்லையா? விமர்சனம் என்றபெயரில் வேடிக்கைதான் !!
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Senior Hubber nickraman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sila RK fans ellam numbers (usa, uk) pottutu, flop nu solran. Besides that i heard its doing poor in Andhra/KL.

Frankly, i dont expect big numbers for a KB esque film with Kamal nuances intact.
    "aaj ka mera hey, kalka thera hey, side-dish pagoda hey, ye hey life hey"