Page 320 of 344 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 3439

Thread: UlagaNayagan KAMALHAASAN in ||"UthamaVillan"|| Directed by Ramesh Aravind

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    Nerukku ner - given the context and other departments such as music etc - would qualify to be a last bencher in this list.

Venkkiram - I mentioned "Agni..." in terms of the urban background - if I go by your choice, there umpteen no of films right from the late 70s that dealt with human relationships in depth (including KB's films)
    Please list here.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    Please list here.

the mother of them all - "Uthiri Pookkal" (deals with narcissistic sociopathy and co-dependency relationship in a realistic setting)

Mullum Malarum (deals with a bit of sociopathy and borderline personality disorder traits)

Aval Appadithaan (codependency - Kamal's character, self-destructive iconoclast - Sri Priyas 'aval' character - bit of a narcissist/chauvinist - Rajini's character)

Avargal (Rajini - narcissistic manipulative 'gas lighting' husband, both Kamal and Sujatha - co-dependent victims)

just to name a few - then comes the 1980s with a slew of masala films thanks to AVM and other big companies…
    Last edited by irir123; 14th May 2015 at 08:26 AM.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

4. Likes mappi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The core of UV is a narcissistic self-serving man who made it big manipulating ppl as well as allowing others to manipulate him - only for him to desperately scramble for redemption and confession after realizing his end is near..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    the mother of them all - "Uthiri Pookkal" (deals with narcissistic sociopathy and co-dependency relationship in a realistic setting)

Mullum Malarum (deals with a bit of sociopathy and borderline personality disorder traits)

Aval Appadithaan (codependency - Kamal's character, self-destructive iconoclast - Sri Priyas 'aval' character - bit of a narcissist/chauvinist - Rajini's character)

Avargal (Rajini - narcissistic manipulative 'gas lighting' husband, both Kamal and Sujatha - co-dependent victims)

just to name a few - then comes the 1980s with a slew of masala films thanks to AVM and other big companies…
    Wow, all the above films were excellent, I only managed to see "Uthiri Pookkal" few years ago, what a film! I was quite eager to see it after seeing Mahendran's "mullum malarum" , both were excellent films!
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about films by Fazil. I always found him giving the characters rebellious nature and explores it along with us. Karpoora Mullai, Poovizhi vassalile or to an extent poove poochooda va. There is a pattern where he induces a shocker somewhere in the middle of the film, and from there he elaborates the contrast. Even his thriller Poovizhi vassalile sees the 2 principle characters explore each other and seek the need as their loss seems to be balancing. Thats until the murder plot takes the forefront.

Also, few Bharathiraja films - esp. the Satyaraj-Vadivukkarasi in Muthal Mariyathai. Coming back to Kamal, Hey Ram has some fabulous unearthing of self, thru realisations from the surroundings. I simply love the scene where he writes a letter and decides to leave. IR would have lightened that scene just like the lamp beside Saket Ram. That scene is a jewel box.
    Last edited by mappi; 14th May 2015 at 03:34 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like
    // Poovizhi vassalile , had the "great" Raghuvaran and Sathyaraj right ? IIRC it had Crippled Raghuvaran ? remember few scenes from the movie, did not realise it was by Fazil ? //
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hate mongers..some food for ur thoughts

Uttama Villain: Worldwide Box Office Collections(2nd Weekend)

Despite mixed reviews from critics as well as fans, Kamal Haasan's Uttama Villain is going strong at the Chennai and overseas box office where it has recorded good collections. In its second week, the Kamal starrer has reportedly collected ₹ 1,59,25,180 in Chennai alone with the weekend(8th,9th,10th) contributing ₹ 81,94,800. The movie had collected ₹ 77,30,380 throughout its second week in the capital city. The total collections in Chennai now stands at ₹ 2,44,64,694(week 1 and 2). The film is also enjoying steady collections at the B and C centres reportedly. When it comes to the US collections, the movie has grossed $52,911 from 60 screens(2nd weekend) and the total gross there now stands at an impressive $570,052 which amounts to ₹ 3.65 Cr. According to the official box office numbers, the film has minted $16,833 from 11 screens in Canada(2nd weekend) and the total gross there has reached $79,505, amounting to ₹ 50.81 lakhs. The numbers gets better and bigger when we look at the Malaysian box office, in its second weekend, Uttama Villain has raked $75,000 from 79 screens with the total gross of $694,786 amounting to ₹ 4.43 Cr.

http://www.filmibeat.com/tamil/news/...nd-182994.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Few more:

Sigappu Rojakkal - not in the rural background - but the best in the psychopath thriller ever made in IC - the climax scene in the jail itself merited an award..

16 vayathiniley - dealt with personalities than social issues..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    // Poovizhi vassalile , had the "great" Raghuvaran and Sathyaraj right ? IIRC it had Crippled Raghuvaran ? remember few scenes from the movie, did not realise it was by Fazil ? //

PV had three main heroes - Fazil (screenplay and direction), IR (elevated this film to a classic with an audacious BGM - the 'om om hari om' piece, or the jazzy trumpet followed by a tabela riff and a bass guitar twang, everyone in the movie hall clapped seriously!) and the third hero status shared by the kid and Raghuvaran! Sathyaraj comes next in the list..

Fazil never did a film with either Kamal or Rajini - and his later year films were just abt ok
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Post Thanks / Like
    PV had three main heroes - Fazil (screenplay and direction), IR (elevated this film to a classic with an audacious BGM - the 'om om hari om' piece, or the jazzy trumpet followed by a tabela riff and a bass guitar twang, everyone in the movie hall clapped seriously!) and the third hero status shared by the kid and Raghuvaran! Sathyaraj comes next in the list..

Fazil never did a film with either Kamal or Rajini - and his later year films were just abt ok
    // Did this film have a Hilarious and famous song called " annE annE sepoy annE namma ooru nalla ooru ippo romba kettupochanna " ?? IIRC it was sung by IR, but wiki says by Mano ?? //
    Last edited by PARAMASHIVAN; 14th May 2015 at 08:58 PM.