Page 260 of 344 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270310 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 3439

Thread: UlagaNayagan KAMALHAASAN in ||"UthamaVillan"|| Directed by Ramesh Aravind

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    திணிக்காத சோகம், துருத்தாத நகைச்சுவை, தரமான வசனம், மேன்மையான ரசனை - கமலிடமிருந்து உத்தமவில்லன்.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by madhus369 View Post
    Finally saw it.. and that too for free

Initial opinions:
    - Nothing new to write about KH. As always, the effort shows up big time. And, so does the age... that face is looking more and more tired these days. At least, in this movie, it seems more or less in sync with the character.
    Its been a long time since I felt the actor in Kamal come alive. I have always complained about the fact that at times its Kamal Haasan, the superstar that is seen hogging the screen, not the character. Not this one.He knocks this one out of the park in some scenes and ironically he plays a movie star. The movie works only because of him. Look at the shot composition- medium close ups, close and extreme close ups and that for at least 60-70 % of the movie. His best acting performance in a good long time.

Other than that, no offense to KB, Bhaskar steals the show.
    His best written role in my honest opinion.

- Story: New idea. And good. Would have loved to spend more time in the 8th century than the contemporary one.

- Music: I am not that high on Ghibran. Songs, we all know. BGM, nothing great.

- Heroines: KH needs to steer clear of this bunch (except Urvashi, of course).

- Screenplay: This is where it fails. KH's past screenplays (Dasa, VR etc) were quite well knit. This one is not. Drags and loses audience. Mainly after the intermission. Few people walked out of the cinema at this point. I think this is when the movie lost its grip.
    Would like to talk about this once the movie starts its run in India.....Lots to discuss.

Movie would have been much better if limited to under 2:30 hrs. Unlikely to save the financier's problems, whatever they are.
    Well guess the producers heard your call. In all probability the movie is to be trimmed by 25 minutes back in India.
    Last edited by Arvind Srinivasan; 1st May 2015 at 10:49 PM.
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    கமல் ரசிகராக இல்லாத பட்சத்தில் ஒருவர் வைக்கும் கருத்துக்கள் பாரபட்சமற்ற வகையில் இருக்கிறது என்ற முடிவுக்கு நீங்கள் வந்திருப்பது வேடிக்கையாக இருக்கு! அதற்கும் இதற்கும் சம்பந்தமல்ல. ரசனைத் தளத்தில் உத்தமவில்லனை எப்படி அணுகிறார்கள் என்பதை வைத்துதான் முடிவுக்கு வரணும்.
    You didnt get my point. I'm not trying to form an opinion for myself but rather gauge how the 'rest' viewed the movie as. You need to see it from a different perspective. Movies like Guna, Mahanadhi, Anbae Sivam (during the release time) etc. were immediate lapped up by most Kamal fans including me. The rest neutral/non-kamal fans discarded it and those moves flopped no matter how much we rave. In that respect, his review highlighted areas in the movie that were appreciated and certain other pieces they didnt care for. Its a realistic view from a neutral perspective.

Post Thanks / Like
    நீளத்தை எல்லாம் குறைக்க முடியாது. ஒன்றுக்கொன்று தொடர்புடையதுதான் எல்லாக் காட்சிகளும். அளவான நேரத்தில் பெருங்குப்பைகளை எல்லாம் ரசித்துக் கொண்டு பார்க்கும் நம்ம கூட்டம் எப்போதாவது வரும் கமல் படத்தின் நீளத்தை சகித்துக்கொள்ள அடம் பிடிப்பது விந்தை.

6. Likes Russellbba liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    இந்தப் படத்துக்கு உருகி உருகி விமர்சனம் எழுதுபவர்கள் லிங்கா ரிலீஸ் ஆனபோது செய்த சிறுபிள்ளைத் தனத்தை நினைத்தால் சிரிப்பு சிரிப்பா வருது. மனிதன் எவ்வளவு மட்டமான் ஒரு மிருகம்!!!
    This is a very big world!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz View Post
    இந்தப் படத்துக்கு உருகி உருகி விமர்சனம் எழுதுபவர்கள் லிங்கா ரிலீஸ் ஆனபோது செய்த சிறுபிள்ளைத் தனத்தை நினைத்தால் சிரிப்பு சிரிப்பா வருது. மனிதன் எவ்வளவு மட்டமான் ஒரு மிருகம்!!!
    படைப்பு ரீதியாக லிங்காவை அணுகவேயில்லை. படைப்பு ரீதியாக மட்டுமே உத்தமவில்லனை இதுவரை அணுகியிருக்கிறேன். உத்தமவில்லன் படம் பார்த்திருக்கிறேன் என்ற உரிமையில். பாக்ஸ் ஆபிஸ் எதிர்பார்ப்புகள் சம்பந்தமாக நான் இதுவரை உத்தமவில்லனை அணுகவில்லை. அது எனக்கு இந்த நேரத்தில் தேவையாக படவில்லை.
    Last edited by venkkiram; 1st May 2015 at 10:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    நீளத்தை எல்லாம் குறைக்க முடியாது. ஒன்றுக்கொன்று தொடர்புடையதுதான் எல்லாக் காட்சிகளும். அளவான நேரத்தில் பெருங்குப்பைகளை எல்லாம் ரசித்துக் கொண்டு பார்க்கும் நம்ம கூட்டம் எப்போதாவது வரும் கமல் படத்தின் நீளத்தை சகித்துக்கொள்ள அடம் பிடிப்பது விந்தை.
    நீளத்தை குறைப்பது ஒரு தவறான எடுத்துக்காட்டாக இருக்கும் என்று நான் நினைக்கிறேன்...Let the audience be the judge...It would clearly give out the confidence (or the lack of it) that the makes have on the product
    Last edited by Arvind Srinivasan; 1st May 2015 at 10:48 PM.
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    You didnt get my point. I'm not trying to form an opinion for myself but rather gauge how the 'rest' viewed the movie as. You need to see it from a different perspective. Movies like Guna, Mahanadhi, Anbae Sivam (during the release time) etc. were immediate lapped up by most Kamal fans including me. The rest neutral/non-kamal fans discarded it and those moves flopped no matter how much we rave. In that respect, his review highlighted areas in the movie that were appreciated and certain other pieces they didnt care for. Its a realistic view from a neutral perspective.
    Interesting take... Anbae Sivam is a masterpiece and I don't think KH has attained those heights since. If most fans didn't like it, that is more reflective of their poor taste rather than anything to do with the marketing or movie. UV is far from that category in quality.

Like Anbae Sivam, Shawshank Redemption was a flop when it came out. On that digression, would love to see KH and RK do something like that in Tamil... Morgan Freeman / Tim Robbins roles ! Wow, that would be a treat...
    அன்புடன்,

மது.

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    venki sir..keep posting ur views..cr, dr, pushpak..where r ur reviews?
    this thread is suddenly occupied by some vultures, so lets be cautious.
    from the reviews so far, the movie seems to be hit if not bb.

12. Likes hattori_hanzo, PG2010 liked this post
    Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Given the reviews/comments coming, I am sure the film will be trimmed...