Page 259 of 344 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 3439

Thread: UlagaNayagan KAMALHAASAN in ||"UthamaVillan"|| Directed by Ramesh Aravind

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvind Srinivasan View Post
    It's his best performance in a long time, Bill4U....the movie is far from perfect....But it works solely because of one man..he's magnificent here, truly.And a special mention for KB...Nagesh oda maru uruvam...the way he speaks, enacts is exactly like the doyen...I first got a taste of that from the Audio Launch especially when he says "Romba Perumya Irukuda" right at the end.
    Thanks for update, Arvind. Looking forward to it this evening. I'll checkout the crowd as well. I remember for VR, it was 100% full second/third day and ran for 4 weeks !!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    Thanks for update, Arvind. Looking forward to it this evening. I'll checkout the crowd as well. I remember for VR, it was 100% full second/third day and ran for 4 weeks !!
    Yep, it ran in Chicago for four weeks as well, a first actually..And it was fairly occupied even during the last week....
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen View Post
    pathachu..okayish film..that 8th century portion didnt click with me..i think he was trying to convey something from there but unfortunately i didnt get it..performance wise, all rocked..bgm super but songs enaku pidikalai..

btw not anbe sivam level..
    Unbiased review and thats probably how a non-Kamal fan would relate to. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murali Srinivas View Post
    Heard from reliable distributor sources that the exact problem was the financial liability of Lingusamy. They are quoting a figure of around 25 C. Also seems that that the liability is towards multiple persons from whom he had borrowed. It also looks that he had pledged the distribution rights to more than one person in a certain area. Even a multiplex chain had funded it is said. Also given to understand that Kamal is not in town and he had already left for US and this was another setback for the talks (not sure about Kamal not being in town). Plans are afoot to release it tomorrow early morning and if efforts succeed may be tonight. This info was the update around 6.30 pm today.

Regards
    That brings me to ask this .. Why does Nammavar always disappear during release times ? Happened during VR times .. doing it again. He could have made sure it released nicely before taking off.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    கமலுக்கு அடுத்ததாக நடிப்பில் வாகை சூடுவது யார் என்பதில் போட்டி ஏற்படும்! அந்த அளவுக்கு எம்.எஸ்.பாஸ்கர், நாசர், ஊர்வசி, கேபி, ஆண்ட்ரியா, பூஜா பாத்திரங்கள் எழுந்து நிற்கின்றன.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Senior Hubber nickraman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That brings me to ask this .. Why does Nammavar always disappear during release times ? Happened during VR times .. doing it again. He could have made sure it released nicely before taking off.
    Notice how problems arise when he isnt in town. Things beyond his control. When he touched down LA for the VR premiere, ban was issued. Ithuku mela enna na solrathu.
    "aaj ka mera hey, kalka thera hey, side-dish pagoda hey, ye hey life hey"

Post Thanks / Like
    Unbiased review and thats probably how a non-Kamal fan would relate to. Thanks.
    கமல் ரசிகராக இல்லாத பட்சத்தில் ஒருவர் வைக்கும் கருத்துக்கள் பாரபட்சமற்ற வகையில் இருக்கிறது என்ற முடிவுக்கு நீங்கள் வந்திருப்பது வேடிக்கையாக இருக்கு! அதற்கும் இதற்கும் சம்பந்தமல்ல. ரசனைத் தளத்தில் உத்தமவில்லனை எப்படி அணுகிறார்கள் என்பதை வைத்துதான் முடிவுக்கு வரணும்.
    Last edited by venkkiram; 1st May 2015 at 08:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    எவ்வளவுதான் கதாபாத்திரங்கள் இருந்தாலும், எந்தெந்த காட்சிகளில் அனுமதிக்கணும், எந்தநேரத்தில் அவர்கள் நுழையணும், வெளியேறனும் என்பதையெல்லாம் புரிந்துகொள்ளும் வகையில் பாலபாடம் எடுத்திருக்கிறார் கமல் உத்தமவில்லனில்.

நடிப்பு என வருகையில் கமல் அசத்தியிருப்பது.. வழக்கம் போல.. வசன உச்சரிப்பில், கண் அசைவுகளில்.. முகபாவனைகளில்.. உடல் மொழியில்.. அப்பா கமல், கணவர் கமல், காதலன் கமல், மருமகன் கமல் , நடிகர் (உத்தமன்) கமல், நடனம் (மனோரஞ்சன், உத்தமன்) கமல், நகைச்சுவை கமல், விசுவாசி கமல், சிஷ்யன் கமல்..

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    what made Lingu think that he'll be able to release it without paying off the financier?

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally saw it.. and that too for free

Initial opinions:
    - Nothing new to write about KH. As always, the effort shows up big time. And, so does the age... that face is looking more and more tired these days. At least, in this movie, it seems more or less in sync with the character. Other than that, no offense to KB, Bhaskar steals the show.

- Story: New idea. And good. Would have loved to spend more time in the 8th century than the contemporary one.

- Music: I am not that high on Ghibran. Songs, we all know. BGM, nothing great.

- Heroines: KH needs to steer clear of this bunch (except Urvashi, of course).

- Screenplay: This is where it fails. KH's past screenplays (Dasa, VR etc) were quite well knit. This one is not. Drags and loses audience. Mainly after the intermission. Few people walked out of the cinema at this point. I think this is when the movie lost its grip.

Movie would have been much better if limited to under 2:30 hrs. Unlikely to save the financier's problems, whatever they are.
    Last edited by madhus369; 1st May 2015 at 09:17 PM.
    அன்புடன்,

மது.