Page 300 of 344 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 3439

Thread: UlagaNayagan KAMALHAASAN in ||"UthamaVillan"|| Directed by Ramesh Aravind

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz View Post
    All I asked was how UV is doing in Kerala? Honestly I did not hear anything from Sridhar pillai or anybody! You guys are really crazy!
    No idea about kerala, but then as the saying goes good travels fast but bad news travels faster....intha BO ellam vechikkittu enna panna porom....whether good or bad.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ramdas2005 View Post
    No idea about kerala, but then as the saying goes good travels fast but bad news travels faster....intha BO ellam vechikkittu enna panna porom....whether good or bad.
    When it comes to KL, they generally talk about "class" than "mass", unlike Tamil audience. As this one (UV) certainly falls in "former" category, I just wondered how they took it.
    This is a very big world!

Senior Member Senior Hubber nickraman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    No news (bad) is good news i guess. Only in TN such naansense happens for Kamal. Mathapadi states oru prachanai illa.

Ore Iravu Telungu/Hindi pannina laaiku. Next problem will come in Papanaasam. Athuku natirya kathai parachanai vandhachu. Meedhi enna nadakupogutho?
    "aaj ka mera hey, kalka thera hey, side-dish pagoda hey, ye hey life hey"

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    If box office was the criteria for the success of an actor, then Kamal would have continued the sakalakala vallavan way and retained no. 1 status in the box office with his action and dance talents, and with occasional acting. You can't contain Kamal by threatening him showing the box office results. Especially for this movie, I really don't care about its box office results and it will remain with me for long time to come.

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good one, this. Good to see so many people writing such positive things

http://www.thehindu.com/features/fri...cle7180889.ece

Not older, riper

Kamal Haasan seems to have come to terms with his age in his latest film Uttama Villain

The best news I’ve heard recently is that Rajnikanth will be working with a relatively new director, Ranjith who’s made two immensely watchable films, ‘Attakatthi’ and ‘Madras’. I also like the fact that it was probably not written with him in mind. Ranjith had sent the script to Rajni’s daughter Soundarya for perusal because she works for Eros International. She was impressed enough to feel that the role of the protagonist suited her father and requested him to listen to a narration. Did Ranjith secretly wish this would happen? Well, why not? Rajni listened to the script, nodded in agreement and hugged Ranjith. Now this is the worrisome part because he did the same to Pon Kumaran after listening to the ‘Lingaa’ story.

‘Kalaipuli’ Dhanu, the present president of the Tamilnadu film producer’s council is tipped to be producing the prized project. Dhanu has been awaiting the superstar’s call sheets for more than three decades. He was apparently peeved when ‘Rockline’ Venkatesh was chosen to produce ‘Lingaa’. He must have thanked his stars later! Known to spend lavishly on publicity, Dhanu had told me he’d drop leaflets from helicopters if the superstar agreed to work in his film. This was a long time ago. In the meantime he produced ‘Aalavandhan’ with Kamal, praised him to the skies till the film’s release after which he spewed venom when the film came a cropper. He termed the present project a rumour when I called for confirmation. He probably wants Rajni to announce the film first. Rajni is rumoured to be playing an aging goon without the usual frills. You can only hope that the film is rooted, a tad realistic, is made within a reasonable budget and sold for a rational rate.

I wish Kamal would likewise surrender his inexhaustible talent to a young director with fresh ideas. The main grouse some directors have is that when they approach him with a script he suggests they direct what he’s written. During a meeting, I happened to tell him that he intimidates youngsters. “Tell me who they are. They do come but have nothing striking to offer. It’s not just Kamal to be fed. We have to feel the spirit that’s kindled when we hear something. Success and failure don’t matter. Nobody knows anyway,” he said slightly agitated.

His latest, ‘Uttama Villain’ has evoked extreme reactions. I will not review the film not because the net is overflowing with platitudes but because I feel the film has to be experienced and savoured. There’s nothing complicated. The best thing about Kamal is that he treats you like an intellectual equal not spoon feeding you with overt explanations. He’s confident. The film is like a flower floating in the Cooum river, yet retaining it’s fragrance. Yes, it’s a tad tedious and the CG work could have been better, but the screenplay is mostly seamless oscillating between a character who’s staring at death and another deftly dodging it. Nobody can wring your tear ducts dry like he does, be it in an emotional scene or clutching your gut in a funny one. Kamal has confessed that he’ll never pen his memoirs because the truth will hurt many. He plays an aging superstar here and people are busy speculating how much of it is based on his own life. Well, the character the talented Bhasker plays definitely resembles Kamal’s long time manager DNS who knew the star intimately. I was intrigued by Kamal naming his manipulative father-in-law Porrnachandra Rao. I was reminded of a little-known episode from the 80s when Kamal was ‘sending shivers down the spines of Hindi stars’ like Jeetendra put it. Poornachandra Rao, a big time Telugu producer, started a film starring Kamal, and the tallest superstar (that one’s not difficult) for a Hindi film based on the Richard Dreyfuss starrer ‘Whose Life Is It Anyway’. Kamal played the role of an artiste paralysed neck downwards after an accident who wants to die. The tall superstar played a doctor. 75 per cent of the film was canned when the superstar watched the ‘rush’ print and was overwhelmed by Kamal’s performance. He asked for more footage for him to perform but ultimately offered to work free in Poornachandra Rao’s next film if he shelved this one. The request was acceded to but things were never the same between Kamal and the tall superstar. He has forgiven but definitely not forgotten.

In the 80s Kamal and Rajni played aging characters camouflaging their youthful faces with grey beards in films where they played double roles. This was at a time when fading superstars like Sivaji, MGR, ANR and NTR struggled in vain to look youngFor the last few years Rajni and Kamal were straining to look young. Kamal seems to have come to terms with his age in ‘Uttama Villain’ and ‘Papanasam’. I hope Rajni does with his next film.

sshivu@yahoo.com
    Last edited by kumarsr; 8th May 2015 at 04:57 AM.

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Poornachandra Rao really exists?
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    Wow! Poornachandra Rao really exists?
    Looks like most characters including Chokku Chettiar etc. exist. Auto-fictional.

9. Likes NOV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Well, the character the talented Bhasker plays definitely resembles Kamal’s long time manager DNS who knew the star intimately"

Who is DNS?

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    DNS - D N Subramanian

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Names of the characters in the film are interesting. Matching properly.
    Manoranjan- Entertainment
    Arpana- Sacrifice
    Margadharsi- Guide
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

13. Likes avavh3, NOV liked this post