View Poll Results: Will Thala -GVM combo beat Kaakha Kaakha and Vettaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu magic ?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 63.16%
  • No

7 36.84%
Page 265 of 311 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 3108

Thread: ◄lılı Thala AjithKumar ♥ Anushka • Yennai Arindhaal • A M Ratnam • GVM lılı◄

Post Thanks / Like
    To

morrow

Ramesh@rameshlaus 29m29 minutes ago
    To meet the tkt demand, #AbiramiMegaMall allocates #YA show(s) in all its 4 screens.. #HatTrickBlockBusterForAJITH
    "You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Siv.S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yennai Arindhaal in Italy

Last edited by Siv.S; 7th February 2015 at 10:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.thehindu.com/features/cin...=entertainment

Stars before sunrise

Luxury Apartments in Pune - World Class 3&4 BHK Homes from 1.99 Cr, Kothrud, Well-Connected to NH-4sobha.com/Sobha-Elanza-Kothrud

SUDHIR SRINIVASAN
    COMMENT · PRINT · T T

in[COLOR=#333333 !important]Share

[/COLOR]

Fans of actor Ajith Kumar celebrating the realease of Yennai Arindhaal

TOPICS
    cinema

Tamil cinema

'Watching Yennai Arindhaal at dawn on release day wasn’t just a movie-going experience'

It’s Thursday, February 5, and my alarm rings at 3 a.m. It’s Yennai Arindhaaltime! I spring out of bed. Shortly, a few of my friends, one of who has managed tickets for a 4.30 a.m. show (I kid you not), find ourselves on our bikes heading towards Porur on empty roads, which for some strange reason remind me of the film Zombieland. Thanks to Google Maps, we find our way to a theatre named Gopalakrishnan, one I’ve never heard of in my three decades in the city. I expect to see a handful of droopy, sleep-deprived people lumbering in. The sun, after all, hasn’t even risen yet.
    What I see though… a sea of people flooding into the obscure theatre with chants of ‘Thala’ ringing in the air. Bikes jostle for space, some fans seem drunk on alcohol, but most on the prospect of being among the first to watch the Ajith-Gautham Menon film.
    We finally take our seats. I am surprised they are even numbered. The chairs are creaky, the cushions threadbare. More people pour in, and a random guy in the audience asks them to sit on the floor, yelling “Seat-laam kadaikaadhu!” Most people are dressed in lungis and shorts. Not the fancy shorts seen at posh theatres, but the multi-coloured ones you find on Parry's pavements.
    But the noise, oh, the noise! Groups of men (of course, no women) whistle and hoot. When the ads start playing, the cheering makes you wonder if Ajith has walked in. A deafening roar erupts when the Censor certificate comes up — U, U/A, A… who cares?
    Then the words Ajith Kumar appear on screen and as Sathyadev (Ajith’s character in the film) says later in the film, “All hell breaks loose”. Many people stand up on the seats, unable to control their excitement. Some like yours truly stand up on the seat too, to peer over the other heads. A few run towards the screen. In seconds, they are atop the stage up front and dancing, shirts in hand.
    I’m not even looking at the screen now, only at the revellers. Some stop dancing, get phones out and begin taking selfies. I dimly realise that I can barely hear any music at all. Harris Jayaraj may as well not have bothered. The madness continues till the opening credits stop rolling.
    But you know it’s a temporary lull. An Ajith intro scene is in the offing. Gautham Menon has his finger on their pulse — he teases them with a couple of scenes where only the actor’s eyes are visible. That primes them. Then, Ajith’s full face comes into view. If I thought I had heard the height of the noise, I was wrong. The din those 100-odd people raised — you had to pinch yourself to believe it was 4.35 a.m. on a weekday at an anonymous theatre.
    Then, I see, in slow-motion, a sizzling cracker launched into the air. Breaths held. Thankfully, it falls at an empty spot up front and explodes, silencing the audience for barely a second, before the roar continues. In the commotion, a part of the screen is damaged. Two policemen finally walk in (did the explosion wake them up?) and try to identify the culprits. Ha, good luck!
    The film is running, but nobody seems to care. It’s the opening show of an Ajith film, and everything else, even the film itself, is secondary. Having heard no dialogue for the first 15 minutes (the dreadful speakers are also to blame), I realise I’ll have to watch it again to review it.
    It doesn’t matter. I couldn’t have stood on the seat at Sathyam.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anandh_Rj: Celebration on #Kerala#Kollam

Post Thanks / Like
    எடிட்டர் ஆண்டனி.. இந்த சீன் விட்டு வச்சிருக்கலாமே ( 0 replies0 retweets0 favorites Reply
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More

Post Thanks / Like
    #YA Special Interview #GVM@dancersatz & @arunvijayno1 Dance for Adharu Udharu !!! tomorrow @ 3pm in Vijay TV

Last edited by yellow; 7th February 2015 at 10:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Goutham dancing ...after YA release

#AjithBestMoments - Tune in on Sunday @ 3 pm..

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The story behind the circumstances in which YA was made by GVM - written by Sudhish Kamath. Interesting read.

http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/blog...cle6869054.ece
    Last edited by Movie Buff; 7th February 2015 at 10:24 PM.

10. Likes balakumar86 liked this post
    Senior Member Regular Hubber srimal's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    watched it at Mayajaal - no tickets at spicinemas .... I'll try again next week...

coming to the movie - I felt it was awesome... from the censor certificate to we can skip the coffee - I was hooked

I loved the various avtars of Thala... be it the son(talking to Naser), father, lover, cop,etc... he has nailed every emotion... Trisha kitta pesarappo kannil oru vetkam... I now realise what was missing in GVM's previous efforts !!!

enna oru screenplay, subtle emotions, dialogs... loved watching Ajith-Trisha romance... no words... and the kutti girl was too good

I hope Arun Vijay will get good roles after this, he's always had good movies, but somehow never made it big.. !

And the music.. I felt every song, every tune, every lyric was apt.... first half may seem a bit slow, but it was full of undercurrents and emotions.. so I loved it as much as the second half..

Marupadiyum pakkanum... hopefully in spicinemas..

12. Likes mappi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Malai murau news paper ......... #HatTrickBlockBusterForAJITH