View Poll Results: Will Thala -GVM combo beat Kaakha Kaakha and Vettaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu magic ?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 63.16%
  • No

7 36.84%
Page 151 of 311 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 3108

Thread: ◄lılı Thala AjithKumar ♥ Anushka • Yennai Arindhaal • A M Ratnam • GVM lılı◄

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Siv.S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The lotus blooms again!

After a lean phase, Thamarai is back with Yennai Arindhaal. The lyricist in a chat with Subha J. Rao

When lyricist Thamarai, composer Harris Jayaraj and director Gautham Vasudev Menon get together, the stage is set for magic. From Minnale to Vaaranam Aayiram, the trio has worked to come up with music that slowly seeps into your soul. For some weeks now, Thamarai has been hard at work for their next outing — the Ajith-starrer Yennai Arindhaal; the audio is scheduled for a January 1 release. Sitting in her favourite writing space — her bed — pencil in hand, letting her imagination soar within her set boundaries, she has written six numbers, except the intro song that’s already out. Her fans on social media are waiting for The Lotus, as they call her, to strike with her poetry again. Excerpts from an interview:

You’re known for your novel imagery and love-soaked poetry. What kind of songs have you written for this film?

Six songs, like I said, but I don’t like to speak about them before the music releases. I like people to listen to them, give me feedback, and then I speak about how I worked and what my thought process was like. But I will say this film’s songs will have a ‘different voice’, in terms of theme and approach. Yes, my love songs are popular, but that’s because they celebrate sensual love, without reducing it to something vulgar that triggers ‘aruvaruppu’. I say no to ‘aabasa paatu’ not ‘kaama paatu’. Lust is integral to love. My songs must touch people’s hearts, and reflect in shy smiles or tears damp with longing.

So, where do you sit and write these songs? What is your writing process like?

The bed, like the world knows by now. I had a bad back problem some years ago and found maximum comfort when I lay down. Slowly, that became my sanctuary. I would hold a pencil and the poet in me would travel to another zone; at the same time, the homemaker in me would notice the glistening cobweb patterns on the ceiling. I’ve never had time to clear them. I hear of lyricists who travel to a tranquil place to write. I’ve never had that luxury. I’ve always written, stealing time for myself from house work. I’m a multi-tasker. I just did not have a choice. I am the breadwinner of the family, always worried about earning enough to keep everyone happy. I am the primary caregiver for my son, Samaran. I set the cooker, attend a phone call and sit with my pencil and writing pad. All the while, keeping count of the whistles so that lunch gets ready in time. My lyrics that seek to open new worlds have been written within the four walls of the same room, for years! How I crave a break and a chance to give my 100 per cent to my craft! But, I wonder if I can write that way. I’m so used to pressure now. Someday, when I travel back to how I wrote each of those songs, I’m sure I’ll weep for all that pain, all that grief. But now, I have work to do, songs to write.

Despite these restrictions, you’ve come a long way…

I’m just grateful. I struggled for quite a while before I joined a group of creative people who sought to be ‘exceptions’. Slowly, the exceptions joined the mainstream. I became mainstream too. But, it has been an arduous journey.

In all this, you’ve never lost your individualistic voice.

That’s true. I’ve always strived to write with a certain dignity. I always write imagining the character. So, I do end up with verses that Thamarai the person does not believe in. For instance, I might bring in God in my songs, even though I am an atheist. My philosophy finds an outlet in my non-film writing. I’ve tried to demarcate the two always. Simplicity governs my film writing; the idea is to get the theme across. I can’t write like how I regularly write, because I can’t hand over ‘Konar’ notes to the audience! The idea is to draw them in; not to showcase my prowess.

Mention must be made of your successful collaboration with Harris and Gautham…

It’s going to be 14 years since we met. We have managed to encourage the other to give his/her very best. It’s nice to be part of a team where each understands the other perfectly. I love the fact that Harris gives my lyrics so much importance; I’m always a part of the recording process. And Gautham gives them new life on screen, every single time. Without the right tune and visualisation, even the best songs will get lost. I’m deeply appreciative of the space Gautham and Harris have given me, because songs deserve that importance. We hold a high-voltage power line in our hands, capable of so much; sadly, we hardly ever use it to its potential. I cringe when my son sings popular but ‘inappropriate’ songs. Songs can bring about change. We must understand how to wield that power. And, use it responsibly
    http://www.thehindu.com/features/cin...cle6730706.ece

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Siv.S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    My Kid dancing for Thala's #YennaiArindhaal adhaaru adhaaru song
    http://youtu.be/36IvQSFWsFc
    "You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs."

Post Thanks / Like

6. Likes rachel, CEDYBLUE, parthiru liked this post
    Senior Member Devoted Hubber ArulprakasH's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Machi... Super
    முதல் அடியில் நடுங்க வேண்டும்.. மறு அடியில் அடங்க வேண்டும்.. மீண்டு வந்தால் மீண்டும் அடி.. மறுபடி மரண அடி!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArulprakasH View Post
    Machi... Super
    Thanks Machi

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    very nicely choreographed sequence and dancing by the kid.
    Yennai Arindhaal...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leosimha View Post
    very nicely choreographed sequence and dancing by the kid.
    100 % True ,. the step is done by her only..Not even single step I taught to her.

Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    100 % True ,. the step is done by her only..Not even single step I taught to her.
    Wow bro, she is really talented. If she choreographed everything herself that is even more impressive because the each steps were choreographed to the beat of the song.
    It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    - Robert H. Goddard

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GreyShirt View Post
    Wow bro, she is really talented. If she choreographed everything herself that is even more impressive because the each steps were choreographed to the beat of the song.
    Thanks Machi