Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Maestro Ilayaraja News and Tidbits 2014

Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Director Arumugam (a.k.a Rudhraiya) passed away last week. Read Kamal's tribute to the director. His two memorable movies had great musical score by Raaja.

http://www.thehindu.com/features/cin...rue&theme=true

"Ilaiyaraaja was busy, and yet, we managed to arm-twist him into composing music. It was a great story, but my work in films such as Sagalakalavallavan thwarted our coming together again. The industry had also humbled me a bit after Raja Paarvai. He didn’t take kindly to my acting in Sagalakalavallavan. And I remember patiently trying to calm his outburst by explaining that we needed money to make good films, and the commercial films I had taken to acting in, were only a means to that end. In its place, he made Gramathu Athiyayam and I had a few disagreements with him over it."

(great melody by Kamal)
    (Jayachandran for a typical folk tune)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    methinks : Santosh Narayanan is a weird cross between IR and ARR !

some of his melodies are clearly stunning as well as simple - his use of the strings (maybe real maybe not) and orchestration components are quite unconventional.

SN is quite a find/talent!

PS: couldn't find a thread for SN - so posting here

4. Likes mappi liked this post
    Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.thehindu.com/entertainmen...ef=relatedNews

Aval Appadithan', espousing the idea of feminism, failed to make any impact in the box-office though the stars of the film included Kamal Hassan, Rajinikant, Sivachandran and Sripriya. Kamal Hassan sang 'Panneer Pushpangale', one of the finest film songs, in the music of Ilayaraja. Though a trailblazer and all the songs of his films were hits, Rudhraiya could not make a come back after the failure of 'Gramathu Athiyayam'.

Ilayaraja scored music for both 'Aval Appadithan' and 'Gramathu Athiyayam' and the zenith of his creativity manifested in all the songs that continue to haunt the music lovers even after over three decades. 'Uravuagal Thodarkathi', 'Panneer Pushpangale' and 'Vaazhkai Odam Chella' in 'Aval Appadithan' are known for their melody and philosophical touch.

In 'Gramathu Athiyayam', Kamal Hassan’s elder brother Chandrahasan played a role and acted for the song 'Vaadatha Rosapoo'. The other songs are 'Ootha Kaathu Veesaiyile', 'Aathu Metule' and 'Poove Ithu Poojai Kalaime'. A feel of rustic charm merging with modern music equipments make the tunes memorable.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    sad to note directors like BM , Rudhraiyya who were staunch IR loyalists, who could extract the best out of IR , are no more . Cruel ageing !!

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    My GOD !! My thalaivan !! My isaignani !! My music !! My inspiration !! My soul !! My heart beat !! MY ILAYARAJA

- Actor Dhanush ‏@dhanushkraj

இது PC ஸ்ரீராம் எடுத்த போட்டோ. தனுஷோட ஷமிதாப் படத்துக்கு PC காமிரா, ராஜா இசை.

8. Thanks venkkiram thanked for this post
    Likes K, rajaramsgi, mappi, venkkiram liked this post
    Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    IR's music is THE Mother's Meal. It can't change neither in its presentation, color, flavour, taste more importantly the love & passion.
    'So Lovely' as it is.
    Agree mappi. For me, IR's music is everything. But it does pain when I see people prefer something other than IR's musical feasts

10. Likes Russellhaj liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    #DIVINE !!

12. Likes K liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brilliance !!

14. Likes rajaramsgi, K liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by poem View Post
    My GOD !! My thalaivan !! My isaignani !! My music !! My inspiration !! My soul !! My heart beat !! MY ILAYARAJA

- Actor Dhanush ‏@dhanushkraj

இது PC ஸ்ரீராம் எடுத்த போட்டோ. தனுஷோட ஷமிதாப் படத்துக்கு PC காமிரா, ராஜா இசை.

Malabar Gold Ad. @ 14 Sec

Last edited by K; 26th November 2014 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Video Link added. @ 14 sec added
    Isai ellaigal kadanthathu engum nirainthathu

Post Thanks / Like
    The one I posted with "Divine " is for Malabar Gold photographed by P.C. Sri ram. But the one I posted first as Dhanush said was real and a new one and photographed by the same P.C sriram. That came from Dhanush twitter. That's the reason I also included his twitter Id . If you want you can go and check.
    Last edited by poem; 26th November 2014 at 02:40 AM.

Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast