Thread: Super Star in & as LINGAA ♠Anushka ♠ARR ♠KS Ravikumar

Threaded View

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    My New found love for Linga Album..

Its like meeting your ex-GF after many years , you know she was cold hearted ruthless "B12335" for breaking your heart. But still your Heart skips a beat when your eyes see her and smile on her face. It was the feeling I got when I re-visited this album.

Enough said about Mona Gasolina, 2 other Songs which left me haunted

1) Indiane vaa : Song Starts of with cleverly reused tune of Rangeela " kya kare kya na kare" and Chorus. And when ARR starts sings "Indiane Vaa" Time stops and we are back in Pre-Independence era, every word in the lyrics so soulfully crafted takes listener through Importance of water and struggle people went through for securing natural resources under British rule . We as Indians can create a new dimension for future generations to come. At very end of the song Lyricist , MD and Singer ARR decided Now we have listeners on the rope, lets give them one last solid punch to their hearts. Oh my boy it was an overwhelming punch , when he starts singing Vellai irul(British Rule) neengi Gandhi desam Per pera vendum .Gangai kaveri thoda vendum, Nam paali vanathhil paalai vida vendum . Its pretty much summed up hopes of every Indian under British rule.
    Just Brilliant Master Stroke

2) Unmai Orunal Vellum : Song practically plays with your conscience stirring up memories of every battle in your life which you lost for wrong reasons. Lyricist decided to take to many animals ,reptile reference to represent the evil factor within Human mind interesting choice. Its such a soulful number with clean lyrics. ARR use of Instruments and orchestration is simply superb.

Menmakkal ennaalum menmakkal thaane
    Ketaalum nam thalaivan eppodum rajanada
    Veezhndhaalum vallam karam veezhaadhu thaane
    Ponnodu mannallellaam ponaalum
    Avan punnagai kollayitha mudiyadhu

Evil minds might have won the battle , with truth on your side you will eventually win the WAR. ARRji
    Last edited by Dilbert; 20th December 2014 at 03:21 AM.
    My onions and Signature changes according to my desperate need to be in lime light as the BIG Brother :0 - just saying..

2. Thanks mappi thanked for this post