Page 102 of 194 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1932

Thread: Super Star in & as LINGAA ♠Anushka ♠ARR ♠KS Ravikumar

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rajinikanth's 'Lingaa' trimmed
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/e...w/45531209.cms

The latest buzz is that, Rajinikanth starrer 'Lingaa' which hit the screens on the superstar's birthday on 12th December, has been trimmed following reviews and fans expressing their concerns that the movie is long. It is reported that the makers have decided to trim the film by nine minutes so that the film will be racier. The film has been trimmed by 6 minutes of the first half and by 3 minutes of the second half.

The film starring Rajinikanth, Anushka and Sonakshi Sinha in the lead is directed by KS Ravikumar and has been receiving mixed response among the fans. While the fans seems to happy with their superstar's performance in the film, a major section of them have complained about the length of the film and the climax sequence has come in for lot flak for the poor visual effects.

It is to be seen if the makers decide to trim the climax portion or other portions of the flashback sequence, which the audience have found long and a bit dragging.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by mappi; 17th December 2014 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Bigger size
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another review from the net... this one from the US...

Lingaa - the hero with a familiar face

directed by K. S. Ravikumar
    stars Rajnikanth, Anushka, Sonakshi Sinha, Santhanam, Vijayakumar, Nizhagal Ravi, Jagapathi Babu, Brahmanandam

Mohan's Meter - * * * *

Leave it to Indian critics to focus on the superficial. The real fallacy in Lingaa , if you want to call it that, is not the poorly lip-synched heroines or the MGR-like over the top hero. It is in one scene - Rajnikanth's flashback character is reading a book, The Hero with a Thousand Faces, on board a train, in 1939. The book was actually published in 1949.

But, it is clear this was done intentionally; because the book has a lot to do with the theme. The "Da Vinci Code", of this movie, if you will, can best be understood and stated by an American working class intellectual - who has read the above mentioned book more times than the rest of you have watched Gabbar Singh - than some Millennial who wrote a review for the Times of India using his smart phone.

Throughout history, says the book, storytelling has been a form of psychology, a means of connecting us with moral and ethical ideas far deeper and far more poignant to be stated in ordinary words. So whether it is the Ramayana or the Legend of Gilgamesh, The Gita or the Bible, one has to let the words sink in, wrestle with the paradoxes, ask the right questions and seek out a message.

The message of Lingaa is about the new India, an independent, modern India which should now rid itself of the very problems the British brought to it - the ridiculous obsession with caste, the learned helplessness, self-hatred for our culture and values, looking to the West as the great White Hope, and seeing ourselves as victims to fate. It is up to every individual to be accountable to this New India, if it is ever to blossom and flourish.

The hero, Lingeswaran, takes the audience through his own inner journey, a rediscovery of his family legacy and to the man he was named after, which brings him in touch with what he truly can be and the ideals which can take him there.

That in a nutshell is the hero's journey, a journey which, as the brilliant author Joseph Campbell says, is something available to anyone if they have the courage and the conviction to take it.

Lingaa is a return to the old Rajnikanth, the Rajnikanth of Muthu and Padayappa, an embodiment and icon of the Tamil male ideal, a man seeking to be good and stay good, even if it means staking everything for the people he is accountable to. He is without doubt a South Indian man, a Tamil. For it is in Tamil tradition we find the powerful but emotionally immature gods of the Vedas tempered to be embodiments of goodness, strength, and compassion. It is in their minds that these same gods become inspiration to living a good life, a life of service to higher ideals, rather than just wallowing in superstition and fatalism.

As a humanitarian, philosopher, devotee, and less than minor deity, Rajnikanth understands the story of the human condition better than any other actor, and lives it in his ideals on the screen. Those who criticize this movie for being a political move should know better; Rajnikanth has not and will not run for political office. He is an icon, and will remain one, even after he has long left our midst.

As Prof. Campbell points out, there is little doubt that the hero's journey is a male one. This is because women already have things figured out; they are too busy living life than to be weaving stories about themselves. Hence, as in all movies, Anushka and Sonakshi are consciously left remaining as little more than eye-candy. But, frankly, the latter is so stunning on the screen, she leaves something behind in her role, a stand by your man ideal not subjugated upon her, but consciously chosen by her.
    Last edited by madhus369; 17th December 2014 at 05:08 AM.
    அன்புடன்,

மது.

6. Thanks mappi thanked for this post
    Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ticket prices in my neighborhood are still on the high end and are selling well. Waiting for it to drop down to $10 or so before I plan my next visit to this movie, which could be the Xmas weekend. Unfortunately the crowd feel/aspect would probably have died down by then.
    அன்புடன்,

மது.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by madhus369 View Post

It is in one scene - Rajnikanth's flashback character is reading a book, The Hero with a Thousand Faces, on board a train, in 1939. The book was actually published in 1949. But, it is clear this was done intentionally; because the book has a lot to do with the theme. The "Da Vinci Code", of this movie, if you will, can best be understood and stated by an American working class intellectual - who has read the above mentioned book more times than the rest of you have watched Gabbar Singh - than some Millennial who wrote a review for the Times of India using his smart phone.

Throughout history, says the book, storytelling has been a form of psychology, a means of connecting us with moral and ethical ideas far deeper and far more poignant to be stated in ordinary words. So whether it is the Ramayana or the Legend of Gilgamesh, The Gita or the Bible, one has to let the words sink in, wrestle with the paradoxes, ask the right questions and seek out a message.

He is an icon, and will remain one, even after he has long left our midst.
    Finally someone is talking sense. I have left clues in my previous posts, rounding the same details. Bravo. Few more lines reduced in my review. Thanks Madhu (and Mohan)
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hattori_hanzo View Post
    USV, why do you want to spoil the fun by asking thamiz to stop using such words? Don't stop the flow, we are loving it. Lets see how many more 'STOP IT, Azhudhuduven' kind of posts are coming

//Even after telling in bold letters you guys never go away to your favorite actors thread. I wonder why?//
    -Why don't you try underscore, italics or some special characters? Or kosu marundhu/Poochi marundhu?

Apparam thamizh, andha Radharavi matter...?
    Kanna innum 3 padam bakkirukku Don't forget that.. !! 4 months free goal practice than amm waiting mama full flask filter kappi ready !! We will see which Sathya harishchandran & kovalan will save those noble souls who are preaching about demogreasy , idiogreasy estra !!
    Last edited by Dilbert; 17th December 2014 at 05:34 AM.
    My onions and Signature changes according to my desperate need to be in lime light as the BIG Brother :0 - just saying..

10. Likes paranitharan liked this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    Finally someone is talking sense. I have left clues in my previous posts, rounding the same details. Bravo. Few more lines reduced in my review. Thanks Madhu (and Mohan)
    Madhu Pl continue your contribution !! I second Mr. mappi here , continue eliminating few if possible all lines from his otherwise brilliant review.
    Last edited by Dilbert; 17th December 2014 at 05:36 AM.
    My onions and Signature changes according to my desperate need to be in lime light as the BIG Brother :0 - just saying..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    Mr. mappi
    Thank you.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    Kanna innum 3 padam bakkirukku Don't forget that.. !! 4 months free goal practice than amm waiting mama full flask filter kappi ready !! We will see which Sathya harishchandran & kovalan will save those noble souls who are preaching about demogreasy , idiogreasy estra !!
    vanganna vandhu goal podunga, six adinga. modhalla aadittirukkura matcha mudikka parunga, adhukkula kanavu, eh?
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..