Page 157 of 194 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1932

Thread: Super Star in & as LINGAA ♠Anushka ♠ARR ♠KS Ravikumar

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leosimha View Post
    again...you are part true....it is true about market/star value to make one buy also...they will expect huge returns....you are not in business just to buy based on market/star values...but to make money also...

ebay came up with INR 100,000 for the iPhone6 when it was launched....so if one buys it and is not satisfied...can he go back to eBay and claim back the money or the remaining INR 50,000 to compensate for the loss because he was not satisfied...

you say many weren't satisfied with the movie..so did you get your money back...

there was this one local guy from bangalore who paid INR 12,000 to watch the Lingaa movie...did he get back the remaining INR 11,750/- because he wasn't satisfied or it wasn't paisa vasool for him...

all these sheer craziness must be shot
    Did i say producers/actors should pay money back to distrbutors..all i said is he is fool but not greedy..
    I dont know why you are comparing business with consumers..fans/movie goers are like consumers and if the product is not good in that shop then they wont buy next time unless its a brand..same way if actors movie is not good then his market will be down unless he is big star because fans will restrict..thats how we will respond.
    Business is not like that..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avadi to America View Post
    you mean 8C with nonrefundable of X% of distribution price in the downturn scenario...
    Then it could have happened this way
    Option 1. 9C with refundable of x% of 9C in the downturn scenario
    Option2 : 8C with nonrefundable in downturn scenario.

The local distributor might have chosen option2.
    Nobody knows if the option 1 was given. So, we cant assume that.

as per the pressmeet, 8 crore non-refundable deposit should be paid for that region. For any revenue generated beyond 8 crores, only 10% goes to distributor as commision. But, if the generated revenue is below 8 crore, then the producer wont share the loss. So one-sided this is!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vithagan View Post
    Idhellam therinju naan oru padatha quick timela laabam paarkalamnu vaangina.. naan dhaan greedy..
    Ohh avalavu amount quote pannavan appaavi?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leosimha View Post
    since I have already said about the news floating...it is your liberty to believe it or not...if you don't believe it...you can counter it by posting about the duo's goodness in the TFI or choose to ignore it...

if you strongly believe that VJ is not like that...then claps and applause for your strong belief...

since you have understood it to be a floating news...you are at liberty to take this news how seriously you want...

today people talk that Shashi Tharoor is involved in Sunanda Pushkar's murder....we don't have the proofs...but there is a strong belief....because there is a strong undercurrent against Shashi Tharoor...

Hope you don't believe the Shashi Tharoor news...
    Practice What you preach.....Kindly assume that any post that you do not believe was posted due the undercurrent that the particular person felt before posting it and don't bother asking about proofs..... And why should I believe whether Vijay is a saint or devil...He is an actor who entertains me .... When we cannot judge people around us I would only be foolish to brand someone good or bad based on hearsay

6. Likes gane14 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Saai View Post

as per the pressmeet, 8 crore non-refundable deposit should be paid for that region. For any revenue generated beyond 8 crores, only 10% goes to distributor as commision. But, if the generated revenue is below 8 crore, then the producer wont share the loss. So one-sided this is!
    Absolutely true..this one sided becoz chinna mudhalaalinga periya mudhalaalinga kitta sandai poda mudiyaathu..
    avunga vaikirathu thaan sattam illena cartelisation form panni address illaama panniduvaanga..
    Intha prachanaiya sumoogamma backdoorla mudichirukalaam..

8. Likes Saai liked this post
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

you state as you know the details of negotiation... Option 2 was the conclusion of deal but what other options were on the table was nobody knows....the movie was not sold to him at gun point... he thought as per his cash flow projection he will make profit in a week... which did not happen as per his claim.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avadi to America View Post
    you state as you know the details of negotiation... Option 2 was the conclusion of deal but what other options were on the table was nobody knows....the movie was not sold to him at gun point... he thought as per his cash flow projection he will make profit in a week... which did not happen as per his claim.
    All those details were shared by the distributors to media - Hindu, Anandha vikatan etc. Nobody knows what other options were there. Ofcourse nobody sold to him at gun point. The point is - a corporate house does business with small-time guys and they can easily exploit these guys with one-sided contracts as these.

Senior Member Senior Hubber vithagan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by USV View Post
    Ohh avalavu amount quote pannavan appaavi?
    Naan Avalavu amount quote panni evanum vaangaama naan nashtapatta naan Greedy.. else i'm a successful businessmen..
    வாழு! வாழ விடு!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by USV View Post
    Did i say producers/actors should pay money back to distrbutors..all i said is he is fool but not greedy..
    I dont know why you are comparing business with consumers..fans/movie goers are like consumers and if the product is not good in that shop then they wont buy next time unless its a brand..same way if actors movie is not good then his market will be down unless he is big star because fans will restrict..thats how we will respond.
    Business is not like that..
    again when you are taking B2C....

Producer-Distributor is like B2C
    Distributor-Theatre is like B2C
    Theatre-People is like B2C

everywhere B2C is involved...my cousin who was a Rajini fanatic stopped watching Rajini movies after Baba....

Producer/Distributor/Theatre go to Rajini because of one and only thing the Image the Star value he has created which Rajni himself has created and guess he is finding it difficult to break it and wants to do formula commercial movies...but he has been experimenting it after Baba taking calculative risks here and there...

Chandramukhi
    Kuselan
    Sivaji
    Enthiran
    Kochadaiyan
    Lingaa

of all the above..to me personally..I feel Sivaji was to a certain extent formula commercial....rest all different....

Lingaa was totally refreshing sans Rajinism where the audience expected something like Muthu or Padayappa...since teaming up with KSR...

if Distributors/Theatres were expecting Sivaji/Enthiran....then they are fools....at the same time greedy enough thinking about making profits without any thoughts of calculative risks...
    Yennai Arindhaal...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    All those details were shared by the distributors to media - Hindu, Anandha vikatan etc. Nobody knows what other options were there. Ofcourse nobody sold to him at gun point. The point is - a corporate house does business with small-time guys and they can easily exploit these guys with one-sided contracts as these.
    do you mean, the guys does 8C business and trying to get profit in a week does not have plan/agenda or call him victim? In general, movie business is a high stake poker game to extend High frequency trading where one leverage as much to increase the potential of profit.
    Last edited by Avadi to America; 10th January 2015 at 01:34 AM.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is