Page 127 of 194 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1932

Thread: Super Star in & as LINGAA ♠Anushka ♠ARR ♠KS Ravikumar

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz View Post
    The distributors claimed in sivaji they lost money.. in enthiran they lost money.. in lingaa they lost money.. They WILL STILL pay HIGH PRICE for next Rajin movie as well and LOSE money too. They will never learn or what?
    You bring up a good point. It is true that Sivaji lost money in some areas but there was an overwhelming number of areas where there was overflow. Based on this, one cannot generalize by saying Sivaji was a loss because overall Sivaji was a very successful movie. The dynamics for a Rajini film in the US is different from an interior TN region. That said, with Lingaa, it is different because the sell price is uniformly higher which is not being matched by the rate of return in many areas.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz View Post
    PK ticket price is $9 or so. Lingaa after second week it is still priced $12!
    But the number of screens for PK is considerably higher. Also, Rajini film always has a captive market in the US for a few weeks. With the movie not an outright washout (in the US), it will withstand $12 pricing for a week more.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by interz View Post

credit: puthuyugamtv

Interesting interview, about Lingaa. Watch and get enlightened.
    padam paatha piragu naamallum 'anirudh chinna vayasu manarism mathirithan pudinggkirum'...!!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    My few cents{as if it matters }

Firstly, Lingaa is NOT a bad movie.

Having made the above statement,the way the movie worked/did not work for me,below :

What worked :

KSR&the cinematographer deserve credit for giving a very rich look to the film despite working on a very tight time-line

I was quite drawn to the entire flash back episode,the atmosphere,look for this section looked quite authentic and felt I was part of the happenings on screen

Shocked am saying this but I liked Sonakshi Sinha though the "Niruthunga" dialogue was overdone

Liked Rajni in this character,especially the entire sequence where the Solaiyur villagers come in search of him,meet him and the way he politely declines to come back to the village.

What did not work :

Rajni as the thief with the gang of friends.Was embarrassing to watch him.

The illness seems to have taken a toll,all the mannerisms/style/way of dancing which was unique to him looked "to-be-made-fun-of" kind here.The speed and charm was missing.

The songs,pathetic.No excuses,ARR seemed just so out-of-sorts and I feel he has been sounding that way very frequently the last few years.

Rajni's worst intro song in a long while,especially from the time he started spouting "Gyan" through them.

What was the Mona,Gasolina song all about,did not get the lyrics at all?What is a Gasolina?????

The screenplay overall,lacked edge and punch.Though not being boring,the film felt very flat throughout.The drama element was completely missing.For KSR whose strength has always been to make template plots interesting through the screenplay,this is a big failure.

The entire climax: Rajni on a bike to the gas balloon and the rest which happens.Guess was edited(saw in on a 10pm show on Saturday),ended fast(not long drawn as was commented when the film released initially) but ridiculous.The key to make these things believable lie in the stunt co-ordination,shot taking and editing,all three failed here.

Anushka Shetty,did not make an impression at all,she shouting 'Niruthunga' in the end was :facepalm: stuff

Dialogues - As with the screenplay,no punch,not a single line worth remembering.

Overall,",meh' movie.

PS: This was a Rajini movie on the big screen for me after Baba which was probably much worse.Have watched bits and pieces of Sivaji(the sum of the parts enough to draw a conclusion),hated it.Has to Shankar's worst who himself has lost his mojo(IMO) after the high of Gentleman,Kadhalan and Indian.All his movies after that(the ones I have watched) - Jeans,Mudhalvan,Anniyan,Sivaji and Enthiran do not have the zing which the first three had.

Enthiran - have watched on Television.Again,Rajni looked unconvincing in the creator character and the romance with Ash just did not work.Even in the Chitti character,it was not the kind of villainy he has depicted before.

Kuselan and Kochadaiyaan - Have not watched.

Between Baba and Lingaa I do not think he has done anything else than the ones I have mentioned above.
    Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    Then why all these distributors and theater owners are making unnecessary noise?
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinemarasigan View Post
    Then why all these distributors and theater owners are making unnecessary noise?
    Not sure Bro, could be from the "opposite Camp" lol

I hear Linga is bowling lots of Yorkers at the BO like malinga !

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinefan View Post
    {as if it matters }
    Yes, to me, yes. And thanks to you.

Rajini Intro song was rage, and his energy has not dropped a bit. During the song, just watch him flip his leg over the table and singing at the same time. That may give you a clue that he is in form. About screenplay, well each one defines screenplay/editing in thier own way. So no comments there, but the transformed production script and naration was top notch. ACT1 & ACT2 are basically the conjunctions to the Raja story, knowing which the screenplay can be judged.

Gasolina is a spanish slang meaning any combustible spirit. Mostly refered to gasoline or alcohol. Here it addresses as a "gasoline catch on fire" - something like 'Guppu-nu Pathikum'. The song suituation or its motive, well, each one will have their own scale of evaluating it, I found it great, purely as a Rajini Fan and I am aware that others are going to put down the movie just for the sake of it using this song or anyother ways.

For the rest, I repect your view and will not bring in any justifications, ex./esp. dialogues, which were good too (just as I had mentioned, it give life to the characters by making a connection to the conversations between several)

Thanks again Cinefan.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    Yes, to me, yes. And thanks to you.

Rajini Intro song was rage, and his energy has not dropped a bit. During the song, just watch him flip his leg over the table and singing at the same time.
    Yes agreed, one of the "BEST" Rajni Intro! Cinema ve athinthuchu intha paatu vaara