Page 80 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: UlagaNayagan KAMALHAASAN in ||"PAPANASAM"|| Directed by Jeethu Joseph

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinemarasigan View Post
    Elloarum expect panroam Doctor.... background music started...
    what matter? why Doc not posting?!
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kumarsr View Post
    Sometimes I feel that if Kamal's involvement is restricted to acting with a few tips on the story line and other places, it would be enough to result in a good outcome (box office wise). I understand that box office result is not everything. But this is perhaps the central message of Papanasam's success. Basically, just find a great story (that is suitable for Kamal) and a confident director to helm it (preferably someone who can "own" the story) and the rest will take care of itself.

கமல் அங்க கொஞ்சம், இங்க கொஞ்சம், அப்படி கொஞ்சம், இப்படி கொஞ்சம், - மட்டும் tips/advice involve ஆகி நடிச்சு கொடுக்கணும்னா அதுக்கு script superஆ இருக்கணும் - அவரு கிட்ட வர்ற script எல்லாம் டண்டனக்கா rangeல இருந்துச்சுன்னா அவரு என்னாங்க பண்ணுவாரு?

Even the most vilest of Kamal haters would secretly admit that he has set for himself very high standards while leaving others far behind...

Scripts like that of Dhrishyam come once in a blue moon - Vishal Bharadwaj, Pankaj Mishra, Mysskin, are some of the newbees who can probably come up with scripts to satisfy Kamal..
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rsubras View Post
    Rajini first choice nu director ninaicha was that an insult to Kamal or the other way around? y this fight? Enthiran was first scripted for Kamal and then came to Rajini..... He gave it his own flavor..... Kamal would have pulled a different trick if he had acted in that..... athu vera oru vithathula nalla irunthirukkum......avlothan.... like kamal himself said..... it is like how various singers recite the same song in a concert......

Had kamal also refused papanasam, jeethu would have gone for Sarathkumar (50+ heroes vera yaarum ippo nybagathukku vara maatengranga)
    Exactly. I have no idea either why some are taking this personally .. Its not a big deal for the script to reach Rajini first who didn't find it apt for himself and got to Kamal after.

Actually there were talks that time about Vikram expressing interest in doing the remake.

Anyways, all's well now.
    Last edited by bill4u; 12th July 2015 at 04:45 AM.

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    கமல் அங்க கொஞ்சம், இங்க கொஞ்சம், அப்படி கொஞ்சம், இப்படி கொஞ்சம், - மட்டும் tips/advice involve ஆகி நடிச்சு கொடுக்கணும்னா அதுக்கு script superஆ இருக்கணும் - அவரு கிட்ட வர்ற script எல்லாம் டண்டனக்கா rangeல இருந்துச்சுன்னா அவரு என்னாங்க பண்ணுவாரு?

Even the most vilest of Kamal haters would secretly admit that he has set for himself very high standards while leaving others far behind...

Scripts like that of Dhrishyam come once in a blue moon - Vishal Bharadwaj, Pankaj Mishra, Mysskin, are some of the newbees who can probably come up with scripts to satisfy Kamal..
    Agree that Drishyam script was very good and suits Kamal to a T.

Problem is when he directs or gets closely involved (with his own story etc), the final product lacks something (hard to pinpoint precisely). It does not satisfy others much beyond his fan base. It is not that he sets a high standard but I think the real problem is, he may have different sensibilities, level of thinking etc. There should be a hook that connects him with the audience. If the audience is left behind, result is not good. So he should take care not to leave the audience far behind. I am sure that is not his intention also. But, Papanasam is a huge contrast to UV. No doubt about it. People's reaction, comments for PN is very different, super positive.

Good, interesting scripts are there....just too hard to believe that there are not many good stories that would interest him. I just feel that he should not allow his creator instincts to overwhelm everything else (this is also where some excesses could creep in). The creator sometimes is not satisfied with anything that he himself did not create, unless it is conclusively proven otherwise. Only way to conclusively prove and to satisfy a creator like KH is not by reciting a new story but by making the movie in a different language and proving it as a hit. I am thinking that was how he was convinced about UPO and now PN, after he was able to see the final output and convinced himself that he likes it.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes I feel that if Kamal's involvement is restricted to acting with a few tips on the story line and other places, it would be enough to result in a good outcome (box office wise). I understand that box office result is not everything. But this is perhaps the central message of Papanasam's success. Basically, just find a great story (that is suitable for Kamal) and a confident director to helm it (preferably someone who can "own" the story) and the rest will take care of itself.
    தமிழில் வந்த ஆகச்சிறந்த வணிக அம்சப் படங்கள் என எடுத்துக்கொண்டாலும், அதில் இடம்பெறும் அபூர்வ சகோதரர்கள், தேவர் மகன், அவ்வை சண்முகி போன்றவை கமலால் இழை இழையாக செதுக்கப் பட்டவையே!
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

7. Likes Cinemarasigan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    தமிழில் வந்த ஆகச்சிறந்த வணிக அம்சப் படங்கள் என எடுத்துக்கொண்டாலும், அதில் இடம்பெறும் அபூர்வ சகோதரர்கள், தேவர் மகன், அவ்வை சண்முகி போன்றவை கமலால் இழை இழையாக செதுக்கப் பட்டவையே!
    Very true...should add Virumandi as well. but Dasa and Viswaroopam somehow did not create the same impact not to mention MMA and UV. Why?

This is not to say Dasa and VR were not huge money spinners but overall impact was not the same.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very true...should add Virumandi as well. but Dasa and Viswaroopam somehow did not create the same impact not to mention MMA and UV. Why?

This is not to say Dasa and VR were not huge money spinners but overall impact was not the same.
    Dasa and VR were created with universal themes, emotional quotient is lesser. Because of that one may feel that impact was missing.
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

Post Thanks / Like
    He says a lot of things. He is clearly comfortable with the interviewer....Good one

11. Likes Cinemarasigan, vithagan liked this post
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Papanaasam - a lesson in good cinema.

I cant tell anything new that hasnt been said in reviews. I am not a fan of drama movies, and will never be. Once in a while there are some movies that proves me wrong. Papanasam is one such movie. Performance wise, there are no other actors in kollywood who could do the character justice like Kamalhaasan did. Unlike otheres I dont feel Gouthami is wrong cast in the movie. She is still an ace actress imo, and none of current leading female actresses matches her acting skills. Two other characters that impressed me was Kalabhavan Mani and Asha Sharath. Kalabhavan Mani, can pull of such vile roles with ease. Asha Sharath is convincing as well as IG as a mother.

Mighty impressed with M Ghibran once again, his BGM is superb. Songs were great too. But again I dont feel songs were needed. I am hoping for directors will change tamilcinema into non-song oriented movies in near future.

Big thanks for Jeethu Joseph for making such great movie. With gripping story, captivating screen play,right cast and right technicians this movie is one of the best movies in 2015.
    Last edited by interz; 12th July 2015 at 08:28 PM.
    God bless all

13. Likes Cinemarasigan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some valid points abt PN

பாபநாசம் - அசலை மிஞ்சும் நகல் !!

http://guhankatturai.blogspot.in/201...ost_6.html?m=1

15. Likes avavh3 liked this post
Page 80 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast