Page 63 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Thread: UlagaNayagan KAMALHAASAN in ||"PAPANASAM"|| Directed by Jeethu Joseph

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think papanasam would have almost recovered its costs and marching toward superhit or blockbuster status. About 24c total so far. Although unfair to compare collections with Drishyam, just happened to see it ...

Papanasam First Three Days Box Office Collections: Achieves Half Of Drishyam's Total Gross!

Looks like Kamal Haasan's persuasion with content driven films is finally bearing the fruit called money as the first three days(weekend) box office collections of Papanasam is reportedly impressive. Sadly, the 'Ulaganayagan' is not known for his box office records, not at least when he delivers a content based movie. But thanks to Papanasam's strong theme, the film has reportedly grossed ₹1.34 crore from its first three days in Chennai alone. While it was anticipated that the movie might collect close to 8 crores from the whole of Tamil Nadu, it has exceeded the expectations by a long way, collecting an impressive ₹14.7 crore, according to a trade source. From the remaining parts of India, the mystery-thriller has grossed ₹2.25 crore and the contribution from foreign countries stands at ₹5.45 crore. Considering that the film was released in only 750 screens worldwide, the total weekend collections of Papanasam which amounts to ₹22.4 crore (approx) is a phenomenal record for any Tamil movie, let alone a non-commercial flick. It is also to be noted that the original film Drishyam starring Mohanlal had grossed ₹6.7 crore worldwide, from its first eight days.

Read more at: http://www.filmibeat.com/tamil/news/...ns-189503.html

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber RAGHAVENDRA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    எத்தனை யுகங்களானாலும் திரையரங்கிற்கு தாய் தந்தை குழந்தைகள் என குடும்பம் குடும்பமாக வரவழைக்கும் ஆகர்ண சக்தி படைத்த ஒரே நடிகர், நடிகர் திலகம் என்பதை 2012ல் கர்ணன் மூலமும், 2015ல் சிவாஜி ரசிகராக நடித்த கமல் மூலமும் நிரூபணமாகியுள்ளது. எத்தனையோ ஆண்டுகளுக்குப் பிறகு, ஒரு புதுப்படத்திற்கு மக்கள் தங்கள் குழந்தைகளோடு வரத் தொடங்கியுள்ளனர். பாபநாசம் படம் ஓடும் திரையரங்கா அல்லது ஏதேனும் குடும்ப விழாவா என மக்கள் வியப்படையும் வண்ணம் குடும்பத்தோடு வரத் தொடங்கியிருப்பது, நடிகர் திலகத்தின் வீச்சு எந்த அளவிற்கு மக்களிடம் ஊடுருவியுள்ளது, அவர் பாணி படங்கள் எத்தனை யுகங்களானாலும் மக்களால் வரவேற்கப் படும் என்பதையெல்லாம் ஆணித்தரமாக எடுத்தியம்பியுள்ளன.

பிரம்மாண்டத்தை விட, பொழுதுபோக்கு அம்சங்களை விட, மக்களின் உள் மனதில் ஊடுருவி அவர்களுடைய கஷ்டங்களையும் சுகங்களையும் தன்னோடு சேர்ந்து உணரவைப்பதில் தான் ஒரு திரைப்படத்தின் வெற்றியும் அந்த நடிகனின் வெற்றியும் அடங்கியுள்ளது என்பதைத் தன் படங்களின் மூலம் நிரூபித்த நடிகர் திலகத்தின் இந்த பாணி இன்னும் பல நூற்றாண்டுகளுக்கு செல்லுபடியாகும் என்பதை மக்கள் பாபநாசம் படம் மூலம் அழுத்தமாகக் கூறியுள்ளனர்.

கமல் இனி பயணிக்க வேண்டிய பாதை, கமல் இனி பயணிக்க வேண்டிய தூரம், கமல் இனி பயணிக்க வேண்டிய வேகம், அனைத்தையும் பாபநாசம் திட்டவட்டமாகக் கூறிவிட்டது.

என்னாளும் நடிகர் திலகத்தின் பாதை வெற்றிப்பாதை என்பதை மீண்டும் நிரூபித்துக் காட்டிய ரசிகர்களுக்கும் பொதுமக்களுக்கும் உலகெங்கிலும் உள்ள கோடிக்கணக்கான சிவாஜி ரசிகர்களின் சார்பில் உளமார்ந்த நன்றி.

இவ்வெற்றிக்குப் பின்னால் உள்ள உழைப்பிற்கு, குறிப்பாக அன்புச் சகோதரர் கமலின் நடிப்பிற்கும், ஜீது ஜோசப்பின் இயக்கத்திற்கும் மற்ற அனைத்துக் கலைஞர்களுக்கும் என் உளமார்ந்த பாராட்டுக்கள்.

தமிழ் சினிமா எந்த திசையில் பயணிக்கிறது என்பதே தெரியாமல் இருந்த நேரத்தில் அதை சரியான திசையில் திருப்பி விட்ட பெருமையை பாபநாசம் பெறுகிறது. இவ்வெற்றியின் பின்னால் உள்ள ஒவ்வொருவருக்கும் வாழ்த்துக்கள்.
    விமர்சனங்களுக்கு அப்பாற்பட்ட இறைவன் நடிகர் திலகம்.. கடலின் ஆழத்தை அளந்து விடலாம். நடிகர் திலகத்தின் செல்வாக்கை அளக்க முடியாது... அது பயனளிக்கும் போது தான் அதன் ஆழம் புரியும்....

4. Likes Cinemarasigan liked this post
    Senior Member Devoted Hubber dell_gt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    Yes dell_gt .. disappointed with US collections so far. Hope it continues to run for a few more weeks. But domestic collections rock.
    wondering if this because larger group already seen Drishyam in oversea or #UV impact
    #UttamaVillain#

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    Yes, clarification makes sense .. but first impression of a success party too fast that I've criticized myself

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    After 'Nayagan', 'Mahanadhi, and 'Thevar Magan' - a Kamal film thats getting a solid run only through WOM !

Have to wait until Thursday for my turn to watch - ippave kai kaalellaam udharudhu in anticipation!
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    After 'Nayagan', 'Mahanadhi, and 'Thevar Magan' - a Kamal film thats getting a solid run only through WOM !

Have to wait until Thursday for my turn to watch - ippave kai kaalellaam udharudhu in anticipation!
    irir,

The role is a cake walk for actor Kamal. This is not a role you would call challenging.The film is more a success for the writer/director and actor Kamal elevated it to a very high zone

This film will look okayish for the admirer/fan of the Guna, Mahanadhi, Hey Ram,UV kind of films.

At the same time he is terrific in the role and I personally loved him playing a simple man very casually.

For me,who avoided watching Drishyam when I came to know that KH is playing it in Tamil,it's a satisfactory film both as a fan and looking at the common audience feedback.

My parents ventured into a theatre after 7 years and they loved it.The buzz from the audience after the show ended,the claps for the now famous 'Expression",the claps at the actual revelation,the claps at the emotional outburst at the climax and when the end titles start rolling,all these were : goosebump: moments for the fan boy in me.

Since he is already 60,he needs such films,one every year so that he gets the investments for his off-beat-within-commercial-format films.

He has reportedly told(not exact words) that PN for him is a lesson that some times an outside perspective(this case Jeetu Joseph)is required.

I just hope these are not words-for-effect but he starts implementing them by working on interesting scripts even if the role per-se is not going to challenge him.

PN is a kind of reiteration that if KH wants,he can get the common man to flock to the theatres and all the talk of him having lost the common audience permanently is bunkum.

It's also a reiteration that after 42 + years as an adult actor,playing possibly all kinds of roles,he can still conjure up fresh actions/reactions to common situations in a film.

He is still a Class act when he carries no baggage and in that kind of form,it's impossible for anyone,repeat anyone, to come anywhere close to him.
    Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.

9. Likes Cinemarasigan, avavh3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinefan View Post
    irir,

The role is a cake walk for actor Kamal. This is not a role you would call challenging.The film is more a success for the writer/director and actor Kamal elevated it to a very high zone

This film will look okayish for the admirer/fan of the Guna, Mahanadhi, Hey Ram,UV kind of films.

At the same time he is terrific in the role and I personally loved him playing a simple man very casually.

For me,who avoided watching Drishyam when I came to know that KH is playing it in Tamil,it's a satisfactory film both as a fan and looking at the common audience feedback.

My parents ventured into a theatre after 7 years and they loved it.The buzz after the show ended from the audience,the claps for the now famous 'Expression",the claps at the actual revelation,the claps at the emotional outburst at the climax and when the end titles start rolling,all these were : goosebump: moments for the fan boy in me.

Since he is already 60,he needs such films,one every year so that he gets the investments for his off-beat-within-commercial-format films.

He has reportedly told(not exact words) that PN for him is a lesson that some times an outside perspective(this case Jeetu Joseph)is required.

I just hope these are not words-for-effect but he starts implementing them by working on interesting scripts even if the role per-se is not going to challenge him.

PN is a kind of reiteration that if KH wants,he can get the common man to flock to the theatres and all the talk of him having lost the common audience permanently is bunkum.

It's also a reiteration that after 42 + years as an adult actor,playing possibly all kinds of roles,he can still conjure up fresh actions/reactions to common situations in a film.

He is still a Class act when he carries no baggage and in that kind of form,it's impossible for anyone,repeat anyone, to come anywhere close to him.
    Oh! Please. I for one would love for this to happen. As much as I am a fan of the man's literary skills and his exploits as a filmmaker, I got drawn in first only by his acting
    Last edited by Arvind Srinivasan; 6th July 2015 at 07:46 PM.
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Junior Member Regular Hubber vidyasakaran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinefan View Post
    It was only about the decision to cast Gowtami, I think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dell_gt View Post
    wondering if this because larger group already seen Drishyam in oversea or #UV impact
    Actually you may be right. A few friends whom I asked did not show as much enthu to watch it opening weekend. And said they already have seen Drishyam so no hurry. But still the day I was in the theater, it was close to full occupancy .. We'll see how it does with WOM being strong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvind Srinivasan View Post
    Oh! Please. I for one would love for this to happen. As much as I am a fan of the his literary skills and his exploits as a filmmaker, I got drawn in first only by his acting
    Same here Arvind. Moondram Pirai paarthu fan aanavan naan,32 years aachu

Problem is I think he doesnt feel challenged by scripts offered to him and hence takes it upon himself to write.

Then he gets one of his gang to direct as he wants to be in control of that script.

By challenging himself,the scripts get complex and alienates the common man.

He should continue to write,no doubt,but once in a while spend 40 to 50 days shooting an overall interesting film in a role which probably is not going to test you but one which you could still elevate with your natural skills.
    Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.