View Poll Results: What makes VIJAY 58, an exciting prospect?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • GENRE: Vijay's first Fantasy Entertainer

20 66.67%
  • CAST: Presence of names such as Sridevi, Sudeep and Sruthi Haasan

3 10.00%
  • DIRECTOR: Chimbudevan, an off-beat director on-board

5 16.67%
  • REACH: Vijay's first movie made in more than one language

2 6.67%
Page 285 of 296 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287295 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 2956

Thread: PULI - Ilayathalapathy VIJAY| Sruthi Haasan | Sudeep | Chimbudevan | DSP |

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    After getting desirable Like we planned to create Twitter Account for our Thalaivar.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh u came for promoting your page?

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not my page.Our Thalaivar one and only illayathapathy!!!!

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    What the hell you expect from a fantasy movie? - Puli Really Deserves Applause

Critics everywhere for the Tamil fantasy movie Puli, recently released 9 days ago.
    Where ever I see, only negative reviews existed! OMG,

My curiosity raised to know what actually went wrong with the new attempt from the great team!
    Curiosity to know how a bad script was accepted by so many promising actors
    Curiosity to know how DSP spoiled the music area
    Curiosity to know how fantasy turned to un-watchable movie
    And the greatest curiosity was to know why some Vijay fans hated it

And here is my review, to be honest - a review from a vijay fan cum neutral audience.

As a neutral spectator,

1. I was really curious to see new kind of movies like Naan E, Magadheera, Irandam Ulagam, Bahubali, out of these, 3 were to Rajamouli's direction and 1 from selvaraghavan. Irandam Ulagam visual presentation was excellent, but the way it was presented, like dialogue delivery, mannerisms of actors and songs were not pleasing enough. So, my next expectation was obviously on 'Puli'. Chimbudevan who made a remarkable entry through Imsai Arasan with a comedian turned hero, did a great job here with his direction. He didn't spoil anything in Puli, but took us to a new world - a world of fantasy.

2. If such a movie got remade from Telugu, Kannada or Malayam or Hindi or even if its a Hollywood presentation, the same mouths roaring full of negativity would have roared positively. Its a novel attempt which has to be appreciated and encouraged!

3. People say Actor Vijay does same kind of movies. But he has come out with something different. I dont understand why even some of Vijay's fans turned against this. I wont comment on anti-vijay fans, coz whatever vijay does, they stand against! so being a novel attempt, no doubt for critics.

4. Well presented script, a fancy narration like a fairy-tale, felt like watching a new kind of movie with family after a looonnngggggg time. whats presented is more than enough. 2 1/2 hrs in theatre was really engaging enough!

5. BGM was really markable! (just listen to thuppaki, 7am arivu final standings, OMG. Puli did better really. Even Kaththi tuned the same for the entire movie). Songs might not stand alone as mp3, but ranks much better as mp4.

6. Small small characterizations just like what we watched during our childhood times as cartoons, now presented as a movie with real persons portraying the characters was amazing. In fact, Kochadaiyan due to the fact it was Motion capturing, it didn't work out much because people expect real persons on screen.

7. And people said Sudeep was wasted, please tell me some points on what could have been done! Tell me something which would n't alter this script, go out of plot. There's always 'something better could have been done' for every and all movies!

8. It was a complete Tamil movie, no English sentences that make us ask 'what did he/she say?' or no whispers like even the one next to the speaker could hear clear. Every dialogue delivery was so clear and audible. No slangs of the language were used, only Tamil - casual and colloquial Tamil was used! Why people dont like clearly audible movies now a days?? coz have they become followers of GVM or MR?? May be, but I dont!!

9. No story? It has a small plot! yes tell me movies which were hits and had big stories!! countable they are!! stories are everywhere people! scripting makes cinema work! this script was suffice for Puli.

10. Cinematographer, VFX, Art director and Editor - you people deserve standing ovation in your respective scenario. Appreciations to Chimbudevan and Actor Vijay for making up a great team. Extending to Actress Sridevi, Sruthi Hasan, Hansika, guest appeared Nandita and lilliputain Vidyulekha - all the ladies deserve appreciations. Special Kudos to Producers for efficiently using their money and not wasting it on unnecessary things called 'brammandam @ grandness'.

11. Comedy was equally carried on by many supporting artists. Quiet good going without pulling girls legs like what it happens with movies like SMS, OKOK, VSOP, etc! Yup, people enjoy those vulgar comments as comedy, but not this!!

12. Last but not the least, what do you really expect from a fantasy movie? Point out few. Let me also know. As someone said, before teaching somebody on making a movie, try to learn to watch a movie with better attitude & aspects. If someone other than Vijay would have done this, I knew 95% of you who criticize, would have appreciated. I dont know what Actor Vijay really did in your life miserably that you hate him to this core.

I dont know why Vijay fans have put their heads down, when they have to walk with their heads up with Pride.

As a vijay-fan,

Expecting more movies from Ilaya Thalapathy on various genres that makes all kinds of audience to watch your movies.

Repeating my title,

Stop repeating things on what others say, watch out yourself and come to a conclusion about a movie.
    This is what I learnt from Puli review. Thanks to the critics - if you people did not say 'Dont watch Puli' many times, I wouldn't have watched at all. Every script is not 100% perfect! But the challenge is how to make Imperfection succeed sometimes with good narration and visual presentation.
    Ean kanneerum seneerum kooda un pear sollum- Vijay

6. Likes otedoric liked this post
    Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    But One has to feel for Nandita..
    A Young/upcoming/pretty/promising actress who appeared only in 2 scenes...

May be they would have cut many scenes...
    For this they could have used anyone waiting for a chance to get in to the industry...

Post Thanks / Like
    TamilBoxOffice1.com
    @TamilBoxOffice1 :
    #Puli after 2nd weekend becomes 4th highest earner of 2015 in TN .It's behind #I, #Baahubali & #Kanchana2. Collection update afternoon .

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday went to watch MAYA night show..
    Didn't have Internet access..

So without checking Online tkcts went directly to 4 theatres... Around my area [ AVADI and AMBATTUR ]...
    No nite show anywhere for MAYA...

Every where [ In these 4 theatres] PULI had a very decent crowd after all these NEGATIVE reviews...

Post Thanks / Like
    1.PULI

Ranking based on Chennai Box Office Collections from Oct 05th 2015 to Oct 11th 2015
    Week :2
    Total collections in Chennai :Rs. 4,45,80,861
    Chennai city verdict:Grand Opening
    No. Shows in Chennai (Weekend):198
    Collection in Chennai (Weekend):Rs. 76,49,187
    No. Shows in Chennai (Weekdays):356
    Collection in Chennai (Weekdays):Rs. 84,34,566
    With no major new releases, Puli holds on to most of its shows in the 2nd weekend as well.

Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is outstanding considering all the cheap works in social media