Page 17 of 274 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Chevalier Dr. Kamal Haasanin Mayyam - Part 9

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmai Vilambi View Post
    leave apart his versatility (im his biggest fan and will remain so) why should he time and again insult hindus (14.25 to 14.53 in thanthi interview above) he dont unfortunately has any guts to use same sarcasm about walking-on-water or resurrection while talking about Christianity (16.06 to 16.25) I dont find any difference between him and the pseudo-secularism practiced by indian politicians.
    Agree. Got to call spade a spade despite being his fan. I dont appreciate that aspect of selective criticism by him. He belongs to the same group of MK, EVR etc. who practice minority religious appeasement. Does that mean they dont have the GUTS to take on them ? Then there's another word for that ..

There're real atheists/agnostics and philosophers who critic every religion regardless in the likes of Dawkins and several others. KH is not there yet IMO.
    Last edited by bill4u; 4th November 2014 at 08:50 PM.

2. Thanks avavh3 thanked for this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    கலிங்கத்துப் பரணி கமல்ஹாசனும், விறலிவிடு தூது விருமாண்டியும்!

http://nblo.gs/117Ggw

சிறப்பானதொரு பதிவு!

நடிகர்-ரசிகர்கள் என எல்லாவிதத்திலும் இவர்கள் எல்லாம் வேற லெவல்! மத்தவங்கெல்லாம் கொஞ்ச தூரப் போய் வெளாடுங்க !!
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

5. Thanks avavh3 thanked for this post
    Likes avavh3 liked this post
    Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragu Raj View Post
    அன்பு நண்பரே 1983 ம் ஆண்டு வின்னர் சிவாஜி தான் நண்பரே. மொத்தம் 12 ப்ரிண்ட் 100 நாள் ஓடிய படம். அதுவும் திருவெற்றியூர் வெங்கடேஸ்வராவில் 100 நாள் ஓடிய ஒரே படம்திருச்சி ரம்பாவில் 100 நாள் ஒடிய முதல் படம். சென்னையில் 6 திரைகளில் 100 நாள் ஓடிய முதல் படம்.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    sathya

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    leave apart his versatility (im his biggest fan and will remain so) why should he time and again insult hindus (14.25 to 14.53 in thanthi interview above) he dont unfortunately has any guts to use same sarcasm about walking-on-water or resurrection while talking about Christianity (16.06 to 16.25) I dont find any difference between him and the pseudo-secularism practiced by indian politicians.

9. Thanks avavh3 thanked for this post
    Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragu Raj View Post
    Nice..
    It was a blockbuster and completed 263-day run at the box office.
    (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thoonga...bi_Thoongadhey)
    Last edited by Ravi Ravi; 4th November 2014 at 11:20 PM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ராமாயண-மகாபாரதத்தில் பெண் சித்தரிப்பு, பாரதியின் 'பாஞ்சாலி சபதம்', சதி, சமணர்கள் கழுவேற்றம், தனிமனிதக்குரலுக்கான எதிர்ப்பு, ஈழ இனப்படுகொலை, அசோகத் ஸ்தூபி - கட்ஸ் வேணும்யா கட்ஸ்!

வாய்ப்புக் கிடைக்கும்போதெல்லாம் இந்த அளவுக்கு ஈழப்படுகொலையை விமர்சனம் செய்வது கமல் ஒருவரே.

கமல்!
    Last edited by venkkiram; 4th November 2014 at 11:46 PM.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

12. Thanks vidyasakaran thanked for this post
    Likes vidyasakaran liked this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    Agree. Got to call spade a spade despite being his fan. I dont appreciate that aspect of selective criticism by him. He belongs to the same group of MK, EVR etc. who practice minority religious appeasement. Does that mean they dont have the GUTS to take on them ? Then there's another word for that ..

There're real atheists/agnostics and philosophers who critic every religion regardless in the likes of Dawkins and several others. KH is not there yet IMO.
    I would like to comment a two about KH and his ideology.

KH's grouse against Hindu and Hinduism is without understanding, not wanting to understand. In one of his earlier movie KH made a reference relating to a justice for the minorities in a state where the riots had taken place and questioned the action of the head of the state.

Result - The head of the state after becoming the head of the country invited KH for Clean India campaign but what is most important for KH is to cleanse his mind....to think alike....

Yes..he is a wonderful actor..no doubt about it....but when it comes to ideologies...he has to grow....
    Yennai Arindhaal...

14. Likes avavh3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Richard Dawkins and late Christopher Hitchens criticizes/criticized the culture (England) they were raised in.

Sam Harris and Dan Dennett criticize American liberal thoughts for shielding Islamic and Judeo-Christian fundamentalism, since they both belong to that country.

Kamal criticizes the flip side of the socio-cultural setup in which he grew up (widows tonsuring heads used to be common in brahmin households - which he refers to often)
    Last edited by irir123; 5th November 2014 at 01:57 AM.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leosimha View Post

KH's grouse against Hindu and Hinduism is without understanding, not wanting to understand.

..but when it comes to ideologies...he has to grow....
    what understanding is required to oppose a horrible act like Sati ? if Raja Ram Mohan Roy had not initiated those reforms, what would you expect would have happened ? we would have still seen those funeral pyre murders.

nothing wrong in criticizing the fundamental dogmas of any religion that ppl often translate into action resulting in horrible consequences - didnt he try that with a different ideology in VR and face the attack from morons who thought the film did not have enough comedy etc etc ?

in the name of political correctness, there are so many who keep quiet or simply avoid issues that will put them in controversy - at least Kamal has the guts to speak his mind - adhu karuthhu sudhandhiram
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

17. Likes vidyasakaran liked this post