Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmai Vilambi View Post
    ரொம்ப சரி.

அந்த ஒரு காரணத்தினால் தான் இவருக்கு நிறைய எதிரிகள் என்று தோன்றுகிறது. இவருக்கு வேண்டாத வேலை.
    எனக்கெல்லாம் அதுதான் கமலிடத்தில் காணப்படும் மற்றவரிடத்தில் காணப்பெறாத தனித்துவம்! சமூகத்தில் பல்லாண்டுகாலமாக சிலரால் மட்டுமே இதுபோன்ற கருத்துக்கள் பரப்பப்பட்டு மனித நேயம் தழைத்தோங்க வழிவகை செய்தது. கமல் அதை சினிமா என்ற ஊடகத்தில் வழி பரப்புவது பாராட்டப்படவேண்டிய ஒன்று. சினிமா என்பதோடு மட்டுமல்லாமல் தனிப்பட்ட வாழ்க்கையிலும் கூடியமட்டும் அதைக் கடைபிடிக்க முயல்பவர். இதெல்லாம் ரசிகர்கள் பெருமைப்படக் கூடிய ஒன்று. பிரதமர் நரசிம்மராவிடம் நேரில் சென்று அவரது அதிகார இயலாமையை கேள்வி கேட்கும் நல்ல உள்ளத்தை மெச்சனும். அறம்.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    venkkiram

Kamal oru thalai sirandha padaippaali - 100% true;

Kamal oru super sindhanayaalar - 100% true;

Kamal oru top tucker kalaignar - 100% true;

Kamal oru arivaali - 100% true;

Kamal padithhavar - 100% true;

Aanaal - avar adikkadi 'political correctness' (PC) ngra valaikkul vendum endrey thannai sikkikkolvaar - while I eagerly await 'marudhanayagam', the trailer of the film that says a particular religion is a religion of peace is not just being PC, its downright false and sounds lame!

History has repeatedly shown that - and Kamal would know better - for reasons of political expediency, he often soft-pedals on certain ideas which have proved dangerous before and are still dangerous now - for example, he conveniently chooses not to acknowledge (at least publicly) that the kind of doctrine a group like the ISIS is following now (which btw is very conveniently ignored by many leftist intellectuals in India and elsewhere) is what many have done in the past, beginning with Qasim, Ghori, Ghazzini, Babar, Aurangzeb et al - history has repeatedly portrayed them as 'champions' when they were barbarians at the least!

in one interview, I recall Kamal calling Hitler an 'impressive' figure ! Kamal calls himself a rationalist, and Hitler was anything but rational (12 and half million wiped out because he thought they were not equal humans) - of course, it is easy to claim that perhaps its all a question of interpreting his words - no, i do think Kamal often lets loose his words without realizing what he is saying - niraiyya muranbaadugal.

in a recent interview, he claims Mughalaya money was used by the west to invest in most discoveries/inventions ! as if Mughalaya money came from Mughals' hard dedicated work - as if these guys came waving a white flag ! adhuvey suttadhu / kollai adithhadhu /sooraiyaadiyadhu dhaan - but I have rarely heard him say anything about that angle.

maybe he would act/speak differently if it were a different set of political / social circumstances, but he is as much to be blamed for creating controversies for himself when not needed.

Hey Ram was/is a classic - his passionate take on partition and Gandhi's assassination, yet portrayed factually and dispassionately, perfect cross between high-class drama and well-researched documentary - yet, there have been many complaints abt how ppl from a certain community were portrayed negatively in the beginning of the film leading to the riot scenes, while the same complainants took refuge in the fact that Gandhi's assassin was from the other community ! For sure, Kamal would have seen these reactions/responses and yet he chooses to be PC probably out of a survival instinct.

Post 2G scam, why would he publicly praise a man obviously involved in more than one scams, in a public function ? would he not have known that the very man he praised was one of the kingpins in recent scams ? its puzzling why someone who is obviously very smart - act like someone who is not !

As it is - it is very difficult for anyone to be a Kamal Hassan in the Indian movie industry - only as an artiste!

so, why does he make things even more difficult by jumping deep into cesspools when it is not required ?

I disagree that Dr. Swamy is a fundamentalist - he has taken stance against Indira Gandhi during Emergency, against anyone who crosses the line, very experienced and knowledgeable abt constitutional law, history etc - we need more like him. The very fact that he is against film/movie personalities coming into politics in TN makes him special.
    Last edited by irir123; 9th December 2014 at 10:40 PM.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

9. Thanks avavh3 thanked for this post
    Likes avavh3 liked this post
    Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    venkkiram

Kamal oru thalai sirandha padaippaali - 100% true;

Kamal oru super sindhanayaalar - 100% true;

Kamal oru top tucker kalaignar - 100% true;

Kamal oru arivaali - 100% true;

Kamal padithhavar - 100% true;

Aanaal - avar adikkadi 'political correctness' (PC) ngra valaikkul vendum endrey thannai sikkikkolvaar - while I eagerly await 'marudhanayagam', the trailer of the film that says a particular religion is a religion of peace is not just being PC, its downright false and sounds lame!

History has repeatedly shown that - and Kamal would know better - for reasons of political expediency, he often soft-pedals on certain ideas which have proved dangerous before and are still dangerous now - for example, he conveniently chooses not to acknowledge (at least publicly) that the kind of doctrine a group like the ISIS is following now (which btw is very conveniently ignored by many leftist intellectuals in India and elsewhere) is what many have done in the past, beginning with Qasim, Ghori, Ghazzini, Babar, Aurangzeb et al - history has repeatedly portrayed them as 'champions' when they were barbarians at the least!

in one interview, I recall Kamal calling Hitler an 'impressive' figure ! Kamal calls himself a rationalist, and Hitler was anything but rational (12 and half million wiped out because he thought they were not equal humans) - of course, it is easy to claim that perhaps its all a question of interpreting his words - no, i do think Kamal often lets loose his words without realizing what he is saying - niraiyya muranbaadugal.

in a recent interview, he claims Mughalaya money was used by the west to invest in most discoveries/inventions ! as if Mughalaya money came from Mughals' hard dedicated work - as if these guys came waving a white flag ! adhuvey suttadhu / kollai adithhadhu /sooraiyaadiyadhu dhaan - but I have rarely heard him say anything about that angle.

maybe he would act/speak differently if it were a different set of political / social circumstances, but he is as much to be blamed for creating controversies for himself when not needed.

Hey Ram was/is a classic - his passionate take on partition and Gandhi's assassination, yet portrayed factually and dispassionately, perfect cross between high-class drama and well-researched documentary - yet, there have been many complaints abt how ppl from a certain community were portrayed negatively in the beginning of the film leading to the riot scenes, while the same complainants took refuge in the fact that Gandhi's assassin was from the other community ! For sure, Kamal would have seen these reactions/responses and yet he chooses to be PC probably out of a survival instinct.

Post 2G scam, why would he publicly praise a man obviously involved in more than one scams, in a public function ? would he not have known that the very man he praised was one of the kingpins in recent scams ? its puzzling why someone who is obviously very smart - act like someone who is not !

As it is - it is very difficult for anyone to be a Kamal Hassan in the Indian movie industry - only as an artiste!

so, why does he make things even more difficult by jumping deep into cesspools when it is not required ?

I disagree that Dr. Swamy is a fundamentalist - he has taken stance against Indira Gandhi during Emergency, against anyone who crosses the line, very experienced and knowledgeable abt constitutional law, history etc - we need more like him. The very fact that he is against film/movie personalities coming into politics in TN makes him special.
    Regarding heyram please check this..Kamalhaasan portrayed exactly the same kolkatta incident in heyram and u cant call it as purposely done..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noakhali_riots

Muranpaadu-- I cant say kamal is like that..He is reading the history and he continue to read..When u dig more about history you know more and the updated thinking will contradict with past thinking..and he is not doing that for political correctness as well..

And finally u call Swamy as fundamentalist which many people will disagree..lot of true stories abt him in savukku as well..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by USV View Post
    Regarding heyram please check this..Kamalhaasan portrayed exactly the same kolkatta incident in heyram and u cant call it as purposely done..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noakhali_riots

Muranpaadu-- I cant say kamal is like that..He is reading the history and he continue to read..When u dig more about history you know more and the updated thinking will contradict with past thinking..and he is not doing that for political correctness as well..

And finally u call Swamy as fundamentalist which many people will disagree..lot of true stories abt him in savukku as well..
    You got me wrong - either you didnt read my posting correctly or didnt understand.

Did I say Hey Ram was not factual ?? NO - I said its one of the most well-researched films portraying things as they were -

HOWEVER, Muslim groups took offence that the opening scenes leading to the riots involved a rape murder being done by Muslims - the same groups were ok when a Hindu (Godse) is shown assassinating Gandhi ! thats what I was pointing out - why is Kamal putting up with crap from these guys who expect to be pampered ?

Muranpadu - referring to Hitler, or the invading Arabs/Mughals as impressive figures in gloating terms, when it is clear they were barbaric - is definitely contradictory to his rational humane views.

I did NOT call Swamy a fundamentalist ! I said calling him a fundamentalist is wrong! we need more ppl like him
    Last edited by irir123; 10th December 2014 at 02:45 AM.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    You got me wrong - either you didnt read my posting correctly or didnt understand.

Did I say Hey Ram was not factual ?? NO - I said its one of the most well-researched films portraying things as they were -

HOWEVER, Muslim groups took offence that the opening scenes leading to the riots involved a rape murder being done by Muslims - the same groups were ok when a Hindu (Godse) is shown assassinating Gandhi ! thats what I was pointing out - why is Kamal putting up with crap from these guys who expect to be pampered ?

Muranpadu - referring to Hitler, or the invading Arabs/Mughals as impressive figures in gloating terms, when it is clear they were barbaric - is definitely contradictory to his rational humane views.

I did NOT call Swamy a fundamentalist ! I said calling him a fundamentalist is wrong! we need more ppl like him
    ok..fine..thanks for clarifying..