Thread: Chevalier Dr. Kamal Haasanin Mayyam - Part 9

Threaded View

Senior Member Devoted Hubber dell_gt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A Day At The Google Headquarters – With Kamal Haasan

https://ishailja.wordpress.com/2016/...-headquarters/

I am sure lot of you who are connected to technology in some way share my dream of visiting the Google headquarters and fortunately my dream came true on the 12th of February 2016 because of Mr Kamal Haasan. He was invited by Google to visit their headquarters at Mountain View Californiabikes and of course I got a chance to go since I manage his digital and social media strategy!

The day was absolutely one of the best I’ve had in a few years. Starting from a seamless , drama free co-ordination by Siddharth Srinivasan and Amit Padukone to a very warm welcome from Gloria Paulsen, we felt right at home.

talksatgoogleFrom a customised Kamal Haasan themed menu and delicious meal in their incampus sought after resteraunt ‘Baadal’ to an invigorating chat hosted by Aparna Chennapragada, from a enthusiastic discussion with Srikanth Krishnamachari to an exciting VR demonstration by the Google Cardboard team every event and interaction added to a long list of notable moments.The day ended with some of the cutest gifts that we received which I am going to cherish including a limited special edition “Talks at Google”.

Mountain view from ground level ! – Kamal Haasan

Was happy to see a lot of Indian faces obviously there for their merit. The plethora of faces and races and the way they confluenced into a team seamlessly, made me proud as an Indian. These techies were quite rooted and when their noses were up it was only to see better over the shoulder of the gentleman sitting in front of him. I like techies with humility. A rare species especially in my field. So to see a lot of them packed to capacity in a hall was exhilarating. I never saw a whimsical smile or someone chuckling into their palm at the stupidity of their chief guest’s remarks. Surely they were not sitting on their hands . They were free to applaud at what they recognized as tolerably sensible answers I think it is wrong of me to even have assumed or even expect a college campus like atmosphere.

A college campus invariably consists of wannabe achievers some times wanting to be one up upon what is generally considered as intelligent being in the populist menu. Here these guys were already achievers pushing the bar higher and had no time for games. Their nostalgia was fed by my presence I guess.

I could clearly make out who was Telugu who was Kannada and who was Tamil or Telugu from the glee on their faces or applause that rose from every film named from their respective languages.

Nowadays I become embarrassingly emotional when I talk about my Gurus. Thanks be to my acting Gurus who taught me well to not only show emotions but hide them too. I remember my seniors who taught me a lot these days . Maybe because my gurus are becoming younger and younger as I grow older.

I have a feeling I will be back at Mountain view again. I like their working space Quite unorthodox hence so appealing. The question “why not? hangs like a pleasant aroma in the air. Even on the discussion table. That is an atmosphere where innovations germinate …at least for me it works . The success that Google enjoys is proof that it works for them too��
    #UttamaVillain#

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement