Senior Member Devoted Hubber dell_gt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    #UttamaVillain#

2. Thanks oyivukac, mappi thanked for this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Croix de chevalier de la Légion d’honneur (Medal of a Chevalier (Knight) of the Legion of Honour) is the highest order, followed by four other grades. It should not be confused with Chevalier de l'ordre des Arts et des Lettres (Order of Fine arts and Literature). The former is delivered for excellance in civil or military conduct (established by Napolean Bonaparte in 1802), the latter as a recognition of significant contributions to the arts & literature for artists, writers and creators established on 2nd day of May, 1957 by André Malraux which was later recognised as a French National Merit by Former French President Charles de Gaulle in 1963.

Simply put, motive behind these two 'Chevalier' medals, delivered by different governmental bodies, are not the same. Legion of Honour is strictly for Civil Services and Military, issued by Palais de la Légion d'Honneur (Palace of Legion Honor), Paris. Whereas, l'ordre des Arts et des Lettres honours people who have contributed towards Fine arts and Literature, issued by Ministère de la Culture et de la Communication (Ministry of Culture and communication).

Satyajit Ray was honoured with chevalier de la Légion d’honneur in 1987 and Amitabh Bachchan in 2007, which are not similar to Chevalier de l'ordre des Arts et des Lettres received by Sivaji Ganesan in 1995.

There are 3 grades in Chevalier de l'ordre des Arts et des Lettres, and Chevalier (Knight) is the highest order. The other two are Officier & Commander.

Shahrukh Khan was awarded Officier (2nd Grade) in 2007 and Aishwarya Rai refused the Officier title in 2009 but later received the Chevalier Medal in 2012. Dr M. Balamuralikrishna was honoured with Chevalier de l'ordre des Arts et des Lettres in 2005.

After Sivaji Ganesan (First Indian to be Honoured with Chevalier by the Order of Fine arts and Literature), Nandita Das (2008), Aishwarya Rai (2012), Anurag Kashyap (2013) & Kalki Koechlini (2014), Kamal Hassan will be sixth Indian Actor and Second Tamil Actor to be awarded with the Chevalier Medal. He is merited for his excellence in acting.

With huge joy and emotion, I share my heartiest congrats to my dear Kamal. The Grand Master's insignia, a medallion worn on ribbon, which he will be wearing on his left breast, brings me happiness, gifting myself with an immense pleasure of witnessing someone who is very dear and near to me, with the decorated silver medal on his chest.

And I take this very same opputunity to thank Kamal once again for all the fabulous works of art and culture he had participated and his tremendrous work towards it's upliftment. As a creator, Kamal is always Kalakal.

Hats off to all Namavar Kamal fans, indeed this triumph makes us all super proud.

Last edited by mappi; 22nd August 2016 at 03:27 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rsubras View Post
    I too was happy when i heard Kamal got the Chevalier award which i thought he is the 2nd one after Sivaji Ganesan........ but in some news reports, read Sharukh, Aishwarya too received it......... after that the happiness slightly diluted.......
    Ennathu Sharukhan and aiswarya.....already vangittangalla....
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mathha perellam ok - aanaa, Aishwarya Rai and SRK??

Konjam idikkidhey

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avadi to America View Post
    Is there any candidate other than Kamal from TFI? Magizchi.
    NT, Kamal varisaila Ilaiyaraaja poruthhamaana candidate.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    No doubt IR is a potential candidate.

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    great achievement by thalaivar

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    congrats Sir !
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    Mathha perellam ok - aanaa, Aishwarya Rai and SRK??

Konjam idikkidhey
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...on_d%27Honneur

regarding SRK ...

Looks like it is true ! Mudylla